PDA

View Full Version : Curry/Durant/Shaq or Wade/Lebron/Dirk

JordansBulls
09-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Which trio would you rather build around?

Dade County
09-12-2016, 12:36 AM
Curry & Shaq is too much. You would need to give (prime) Wade, Duncan or something.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 12:38 AM
Curry/Durant/Shaq by far.

We all saw the role that Chris Bosh was forced to take on. Strictly a floor-spreading big, that was not able to create his own offense because he played with two ball-dominant players. Dirk would be worse in Bosh's role, because Bosh was a far better defender.

dhopisthename
09-12-2016, 12:48 AM
I think that the fit of Curry/Durant/Shaq is just so much better that I don't think the talent on the other side matters. Wade and Lebron while they won two championships they always had fit issues. However, Shaq passing out to the best shooter of all time and a shooter like Durant would be amazing.

mrblisterdundee
09-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Curry and Durant can each give you 18 to 20 decent years with their shooting ability, at least three thirds of it as legitimate stars. They're perfect for today's NBA. When engaged, O'Neal is practically unstoppable in the post and a perennial all-star for 14 years. Injury cuts his 15th season in half, but he still has two or three quality years left (coming off the bench on my team).
In today's NBA, James would have been playing power forward a long time ago. Nowitzki isn't really well-suited as a center. In a shooting-centric league, I don't want one average (James) and one poor (Wade) shooter as my main two stars.

P.S.: The James, Wade and Chris Bosh heat vs. the present-day Warriors sounds like one of the best dream matchups ever.

raiderposting
09-12-2016, 05:18 AM
It's not even close

FlashBolt
09-12-2016, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure why Dirk is there. He's incapable of guarding Shaq. Why not put Hakeem or something?

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure why Dirk is there. He's incapable of guarding Shaq. Why not put Hakeem or something?

Duncan?

FlashBolt
09-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Duncan?

Him too. Dirk would be a good option if you took out Shaq and inserted someone like KG. The difference here isn't Curry but Shaq. Wade at his prime was a pesky defender and there is zero chance Curry guards him. Shaq on the other hand.. I'm not sure how Dirk would equalize him other than by spacing the floor out. Defensively, there's nothing anyone can do to stop Shaq.

KnicksorBust
09-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Curry/Durant/Shaq by far.

We all saw the role that Chris Bosh was forced to take on. Strictly a floor-spreading big, that was not able to create his own offense because he played with two ball-dominant players. Dirk would be worse in Bosh's role, because Bosh was a far better defender.

Assuming his role his "floor-spreading big," isn't that a far easier transition for Dirk to make than Bosh?

I think that the fit of Curry/Durant/Shaq is just so much better that I don't think the talent on the other side matters. Wade and Lebron while they won two championships they always had fit issues. However, Shaq passing out to the best shooter of all time and a shooter like Durant would be amazing.

Then why did they shoot career high marks from the field as teammates? :rolleyes:

Curry and Durant can each give you 18 to 20 decent years with their shooting ability, at least three thirds of it as legitimate stars. They're perfect for today's NBA. When engaged, O'Neal is practically unstoppable in the post and a perennial all-star for 14 years. Injury cuts his 15th season in half, but he still has two or three quality years left (coming off the bench on my team).
In today's NBA, James would have been playing power forward a long time ago. Nowitzki isn't really well-suited as a center. In a shooting-centric league, I don't want one average (James) and one poor (Wade) shooter as my main two stars.

P.S.: The James, Wade and Chris Bosh heat vs. the present-day Warriors sounds like one of the best dream matchups ever.

How valuable is post play in today's NBA?

Him too. Dirk would be a good option if you took out Shaq and inserted someone like KG. The difference here isn't Curry but Shaq. Wade at his prime was a pesky defender and there is zero chance Curry guards him. Shaq on the other hand.. I'm not sure how Dirk would equalize him other than by spacing the floor out. Defensively, there's nothing anyone can do to stop Shaq.

Who said it was a game of 3 on 3? That makes no sense. Dirk doesn't have to guard Shaq.

FlashBolt
09-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Assuming his role his "floor-spreading big," isn't that a far easier transition for Dirk to make than Bosh?

Then why did they shoot career high marks from the field as teammates? :rolleyes:

How valuable is post play in today's NBA?

Who said it was a game of 3 on 3? That makes no sense. Dirk doesn't have to guard Shaq.

Who's guarding Shaq, then? If his name wasn't mentioned, most likely it wasn't a good center.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 12:37 PM

offensively yes, but Dirk being the rim protector and guarding pick & rolls and switching without losing anything, no

IKnowHoops
09-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Curry, Durant, Shaq every freaking day pretty easily. Dirk has no shot against Shaq. Shaq would shoot 100% from the field against him, which means Bron and Wade have to go help, which means wide open shots from Curry and Durant. This would be murder. Prime Shaq on the otherhand was faster and quicker than Dirk and could guard him pretty well. This actually isn't close.

SportsFanatic10
09-12-2016, 02:08 PM
While Curry/Durant/Shaq is the right answer here simply because of Shaq...everyones talking about matchups here, but the question was who would you rather build around. Not who would win in a 3 on 3 lol.

HOLD_THIS_L
09-12-2016, 02:24 PM
While Curry/Durant/Shaq is the right answer here simply because of Shaq...everyones talking about matchups here, but the question was who would you rather build around. Not who would win in a 3 on 3 lol.
You beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Pimptalk

SportsFanatic10
09-12-2016, 10:48 PM
You beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Pimptalk

lol ya i think i mighta killed this thread now with that.

Kyben36
09-12-2016, 11:27 PM
obviously we must be talking prime. and im going to say it depends on the era we are playing.

Right now, im not suure Shaq could make it in the nba as well, they dont let players physically man handle players like he did anymore. and his FT shooting would be killer.

a bit longer ago, take shaq team no question, but right now, i think the team of Wade James and Dirk would win.

YAALREADYKNO
09-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Curry Durant Shaq easily. I love Dirk but I'm taking Shaq's dunks over Dirks jumper any day. It's not even fair lol

KnicksorBust
09-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Who's guarding Shaq, then? If his name wasn't mentioned, most likely it wasn't a good center.

Who's guarding Dirk, then? If his name wasn't mentioned, most likely it wasn't a good PF.
Who's guarding LeBron, then? If it's Durant, most likely LeBron is going to outplay him.
Who's guarding Wade, then? If his name wasn't mentioned, most like it wasn't a good SG. And if it's Curry... Ha!

KnicksorBust
09-13-2016, 02:16 PM
offensively yes, but Dirk being the rim protector and guarding pick & rolls and switching without losing anything, no

Curry, Durant, Shaq every freaking day pretty easily. Dirk has no shot against Shaq. Shaq would shoot 100% from the field against him, which means Bron and Wade have to go help, which means wide open shots from Curry and Durant. This would be murder. Prime Shaq on the otherhand was faster and quicker than Dirk and could guard him pretty well. This actually isn't close.

Why on Earth does Dirk have to play center and guard Shaq? :laugh: Aren't we building a team around them?

Shammyguy3
09-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Why on Earth does Dirk have to play center and guard Shaq? :laugh: Aren't we building a team around them?

:shrug:

FlashBolt
09-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I think many of us (myself included) read the question incorrectly. Too used to the straight-up player A vs player B format. I'd go with Curry+Durant+Shaq, still. Lethal shooting with the most dominant frontcourt player ever. Defense is iffy but not like Wade+Dirk were elite defenders.