PDA

View Full Version : Rank these teams.

Heediot
09-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Looking at the World Cup of Hockey Rosters, there are some very interesting teams like team North America and Europe to go along with some individual countries . I made up a bunch of teams for fun. How would you rank these teams and how would they place in a tournament. USA probably sweeps the top 4, but I would be interested to see how the rest stack up.

Team Mediterranean (Southern Europe)
Starters - Rubio, Bellinili, Gallinari, Pau, M. Gasol
Bench - S. Rodriguez, S. Llull, R. Fernandez, O.Casspi, Mirotic, Kanter, Asik

Team Europe (Rest of Europe)
Starters - Dragic, Bogdanovic, Fournier, Dirk, Gortat
Bench - Teodosic, Parker, DeColo, Maciulius, Porzingis, Jokic, Noah

Team Africa (African, African American, African Euro)
Starters - Schroeder, Oladipo, Giannis, Ibaka, Gobert
Bench - Mudiay, Sefolosha, Batum, Deng, Aminu, Biyombo, Ezeli, Dieng

Team Asia-Pacific
Starters - Irving, Mills, Ingles, Adams, Bogut
Bench - Delladova, Clarkson, Lin, Broekhoff, Simmons, Blatche, Baynes

Team Latin America
Starters - JJ Barrera, Manu, Harkless, Towns, Splitter
Bench - Huertas, Barbosa , Vasquez, Nocioni, Scola, Ayon, Nene

Team Canada (Canada & Toronto Raptors LOL)
Starters - Lowry, Derozan, Wiggins, P. Patterson, Thompson
Bench - Joseph, Murray, Ross, Carroll, Lyles, Olynyk, Valanciunus

Team East USA
Starters - J. Wall, Danny Green, Durant, Melo, Drummond
Bench - Kemba, Tyreke, JR Smith, MKG, T. Harris, Farried, M. Leonard, Noel

Team Midwest USA
Starters - Curry, McCollum, Lebron, A. Davis, Draymond
Bench - Conley, Wade, Beal, Hayward, Iggy, Z. Randolph, Okafor, Cauley-Stein

Team South USA
Starters - Cp3, Butler, Crowder, Griffin, D.J.
Bench - Bledsoe, Bradley, Redick, Middleton, Milsap, Aldridge, Cousins

Team West USA
Starters - Westbrook, Harden, Leonard, K. Love, B. Lopez
Bench - Lillard, Klay, Korver, P. George, A. Gordon, R. Anderson, R. Lopez

warfelg
09-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Doing Raptors players on team Canada is silly, especially since you took them of a regional team for USA, which would of helped those regions.

Team Africa is sill because you are taking away Schroeder from north Europe (Germany), Giannis from Mediterranean, Gobert and Batum from Europe (France).

In fact Europe could be Mediterranean, West (France, Spain, Portugal), East (Germany and over to Russia), and Slavics.

Heediot
09-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Doing Raptors players on team Canada is silly, especially since you took them of a regional team for USA, which would of helped those regions.

Team Africa is sill because you are taking away Schroeder from north Europe (Germany), Giannis from Mediterranean, Gobert and Batum from Europe (France).

In fact Europe could be Mediterranean, West (France, Spain, Portugal), East (Germany and over to Russia), and Slavics.

Why poop the party. Most of those African guys played on team Africa in the NBA sponsored Africa Vs World game. There is also something called dual citizenship that allows you to be eligible to play for more then 1 country. Kyrie Irvng is a example, where he seriously considered playing for the Aussies. All these guys have parents from Africa so they are eligible to play for that continent/countries.

I do agree about Canada as being silly lol. That roster needed some help. Maybe merge Canada with Latin America.

warfelg
09-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Or North Atlantic gets eastern Canada, southern Atlantic gets the Caribbean, Southern central is Louisianna west to New Mexico south of Nebraska, Great Lakes get central Canada, Pacific Northwest gets western Canada.

The reason I brought that up about the Africa team:
I rather see multiple strong Euro teams, and one good Africa team. With what you set up, I would start Batum and Mudiay with team africa. And the finals would almost easily be Mediterranean V Africa.

jon32
09-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Canada would be

Corey Joseph / Tyler Ennis
Jamal Murray / Nik Stauskas
Andrew Wiggins
Tristan Thompson / Dwight Powell
Kelly Olynyk / Trey Lyles

Maybe instead of just canada u could do a North America team of guys 24 and under ?

mrblisterdundee
09-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Half of your team Canada isn't from Canada, and half of your team Africa isn't from Africa. My guess is you just wanted to make the teams more competitive by going off the nationality of parents.
I would stick with clearly geographic distinctions, rather than basing a player's location off of where their parents came from. You can change those geographic distinctions to make teams more competitive, such as you did with the Asia-Pacific Team. It takes about half the globe to make that team competitive.
In North America, you could better disperse the regions and still have competitive teams. Five regions should do it:
Northeast (including Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Ontario and Quebec)
Mid-Atlantic (including Delaware, Washington, D.C., Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia)
South (including South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee)
Midwest (including Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin)
West (including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming)

Heediot
09-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Half of your team Canada isn't from Canada, and half of your team Africa isn't from Africa. My guess is you just wanted to make the teams more competitive by going off the nationality of parents.
I would stick with clearly geographic distinctions, rather than basing a player's location off of where their parents came from. You can change those geographic distinctions to make teams more competitive, such as you did with the Asia-Pacific Team. It takes about half the globe to make that team competitive.
In North America, you could better disperse the regions and still have competitive teams. Five regions should do it:
Northeast (including Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Ontario and Quebec)
Mid-Atlantic (including Delaware, Washington, D.C., Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia)
South (including South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee)
Midwest (including Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin)
West (including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming)

You have some very solid suggestions and you are right I was trying to construct teams in a way to make things as competitive as can be. The thing is take Nigeria for example, 90 or 100 percent of the team is born in the United States lol, that's why I took that strategy with the African team. Although like Warfelg mentioned, that takes away from other teams like especially parts of Europe.

I think throwing Canada in with the rest of Latin America would make both teams more competitive. Latin America itself is a pretty weak team with a lot of past prime vets. Lowry would help the East team. I don't think Derozan does much for the West since they are already loaded on the perimeter. All the other US Raptors would be lucky to make a regional squad.

Heediot
09-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Or North Atlantic gets eastern Canada, southern Atlantic gets the Caribbean, Southern central is Louisianna west to New Mexico south of Nebraska, Great Lakes get central Canada, Pacific Northwest gets western Canada.

The reason I brought that up about the Africa team:
I rather see multiple strong Euro teams, and one good Africa team. With what you set up, I would start Batum and Mudiay with team africa. And the finals would almost easily be Mediterranean V Africa.

Maybe an Adriatic team with Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Monetengro.
East Europe Lithuania, Russia, Latvia
North Europe Germany, France, Scandinavia
Spain could be competitive by themselves so they can be separated from the Mediterranean group. Portugal and England players wouldn't even make the roster lol (Outside of Deng), so no point in making a West Europe team.
Italy, Greece, Turkey and Israel for Mediterranean.

I like the thought of more Euro teams.

Canada should just join with the Latins and upgrade both rosters.

5 European teams, 4 American teams, 1 Americas team, 1 Asian Pacific and 1 African. 12 teams sounds nice and even (Two groups of 6)

mrblisterdundee
09-10-2016, 12:38 PM
You have some very solid suggestions and you are right I was trying to construct teams in a way to make things as competitive as can be. The thing is take Nigeria for example, 90 or 100 percent of the team is born in the United States lol, that's why I took that strategy with the African team. Although like Warfelg mentioned, that takes away from other teams like especially parts of Europe.

I think throwing Canada in with the rest of Latin America would make both teams more competitive. Latin America itself is a pretty weak team with a lot of past prime vets. Lowry would help the East team. I don't think Derozan does much for the West since they are already loaded on the perimeter. All the other US Raptors would be lucky to make a regional squad.

Have the rest of the Americas team up on on the U.S. I like it.