PDA

View Full Version : Worst announcer lines

Kyben36
09-06-2016, 03:02 AM
I was watching a video and this thread idea came to mind. What are in your opinions some of the worst announcer lines u have hear, for either your team. Or another.

I don't want to give too much away. But one that I hate is "if u dont like that, u don't like nba (or Kings) basketball.

Also. Bulls have plenty of corny ones by Stacy king. "Step back and kiss myself." "Too big too fast too strong too good"

So what are some bad calls that u hear often for either your team. Or in highlights for others

Method28
09-06-2016, 03:05 AM
I can't stand just about anything Mike Smith has to say lol

He might as well finish the guys off in the locker room with how much **** sucking he does during the game. My goodness.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DanG
09-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Mike Breen screaming "largest lead of the night" is the most annoying line by far when my team is losing.

Mike Breen screaming "largest lead of the night" is the best line when my team is winning.

Also, everything Reggie Miller says is pretty bad.

Scoots
09-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Anything Mark Jackson says.

Rockets announcers talking about half the players on the roster being the best in the NBA ... regardless who the players are.

Scoots
09-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Any announcer who doesn't like a team and is just always looking for things to say against the team.

chi-townlove1
09-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Stacy king cracks me up. But my god, he's super corny and annoying at times

archdevil84
09-06-2016, 11:50 AM
anything that comes out of hubie browns mouth pissed me off

Scoots
09-06-2016, 12:53 PM
anything that comes out of hubie browns mouth pissed me off

Hubie used to be really good, but he's been slipping into cranky old man lately.

JVG's sucking up has been bugging me more lately.

Chronz
09-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Ahh yes, Stacey King. Reminds me of the time I feuded with the Bulls forum;

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?559573-Derrick-Rose-s-buzzer-beater-vs-Rockets&p=15794928#post15794928

Anyways, King is bad but I dont know about the worst. Is Rose still too fast, too strong but not too good, now?

Reminds me of the **** I used to have to put up with Stu Lantz and Laker games. The worst line he ever uttered was a game in which the Lakers barely survived against the last place Magic and Kobe had some admittedly sick alpha moment against a key rival in Tmac.

This was his line when Kobe stole the game, "If there is any question in anybody's mind who the best player in the league is, CALL ME... CALL ME...CALL ME COLLECT if you want to, ill give you the answer!" -Stu Lantz

And boy did I call in, this wasn't a case of an announcer being giddy for his teams star ala Stacey King, this was an announcer with a misguided sense of the teams hierarchy. GP and Karl didn't come to LA to play with Kobe, hell once Shaq left Malone retired and GP latched onto Shaq in Miami.

Anyways, I remember telling his cohorts that the answer was Shaq and that the playoffs would show it. Imagine my vindication after Kobe's disastrous play in the 04 Finals and subsequent failure of a season as he missed the playoffs whilst Shaq continued contending, eventually winning a title, tho by then Kobe had finally become the games best or 2nd best (depending on how you feel about Duncan/KG).

Anytime I watch a Lakers game its either in Spanish or the Radio feed, RIP Chick, your job is in the worst hands possible

IKnowHoops
09-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Anything Mark Jackson says.

Rockets announcers talking about half the players on the roster being the best in the NBA ... regardless who the players are.

"Hand down, Man down!!!"

IKnowHoops
09-06-2016, 01:12 PM
I like my man Kevin Harlon though, if I'm spelling his name right.

"I don't believe what I just saw...I....saw....man.....fly!!"

Chronz
09-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Harlan has the best ones

"Just sucked the gravity, right out of the building" When Tmac retired Bradley. He used it once before when Kobe had that reverse dunk that injured his shoulder vs Minny in the 1st round but his best call version was the Tmac one IMO.

Nycbball08
09-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Every word from Celtics announcer Tom Heinsohn's mouth.

lamzoka
09-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Harlan has the best ones

"Just sucked the gravity, right out of the building" When Tmac retired Bradley. He used it once before when Kobe had that reverse dunk that injured his shoulder vs Minny in the 1st round but his best call version was the Tmac one IMO.

"Lebron have no regard for human life" Kevin Harlan

when Lebron dunked on the whole Pistons team during the '08 playoffs

Shlumpledink
09-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Ahh yes, Stacey King. Reminds me of the time I feuded with the Bulls forum;

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?559573-Derrick-Rose-s-buzzer-beater-vs-Rockets&p=15794928#post15794928

Anyways, King is bad but I dont know about the worst. Is Rose still too fast, too strong but not too good, now?

Reminds me of the **** I used to have to put up with Stu Lantz and Laker games. The worst line he ever uttered was a game in which the Lakers barely survived against the last place Magic and Kobe had some admittedly sick alpha moment against a key rival in Tmac.

This was his line when Kobe stole the game, "If there is any question in anybody's mind who the best player in the league is, CALL ME... CALL ME...CALL ME COLLECT if you want to, ill give you the answer!" -Stu Lantz

And boy did I call in, this wasn't a case of an announcer being giddy for his teams star ala Stacey King, this was an announcer with a misguided sense of the teams hierarchy. GP and Karl didn't come to LA to play with Kobe, hell once Shaq left Malone retired and GP latched onto Shaq in Miami.

Anyways, I remember telling his cohorts that the answer was Shaq and that the playoffs would show it. Imagine my vindication after Kobe's disastrous play in the 04 Finals and subsequent failure of a season as he missed the playoffs whilst Shaq continued contending, eventually winning a title, tho by then Kobe had finally become the games best or 2nd best (depending on how you feel about Duncan/KG).

Anytime I watch a Lakers game its either in Spanish or the Radio feed, RIP Chick, your job is in the worst hands possible

Some revisionist history here.

Malone didn't want to get ACL surgery that late in his career, even though he had expressed interest in playing with Kobe, since he did say he really liked him. Except that a rift developed between the two when Malone went up to Kobe's wife and said he was "hunting mexican girls" at a game after he was reportedly having an inappropriate conversation with her over the phone.

Payton was traded to the Celtics, he didn't willingly go either. He wanted to stay. He got traded to Atlanta, then waived, then re-signed with the Celtics.

JAZZNC
09-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Some revisionist history here.

Malone didn't want to get ACL surgery that late in his career, even though he had expressed interest in playing with Kobe, since he did say he really liked him. Except that a rift developed between the two when Malone went up to Kobe's wife and said he was "hunting mexican girls" at a game after he was reportedly having an inappropriate conversation with her over the phone.

Payton was traded to the Celtics, he didn't willingly go either. He wanted to stay. He got traded to Atlanta, then waived, then re-signed with the Celtics.

Malone was being recruited by the Spurs and would have gone there before going back to the Lakers but as you said the surgery he sent want and also said he didn't want to end his career jumping from team to team just chasing a ring.

Chronz
09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Had Shaq stayed a Laker, Malone would have come back. He wasn't where GP was at where you just jump from team to team. GP resigning with Boston doesn't change the fact that he resigned with Shaq when he had a full year.

R. Johnson#3
09-06-2016, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJBhgh46-A

Matt Devlin's greatest moment.

aman_13
09-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Bill Walton should do commentary again.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2016, 03:22 PM
I was watching a video and this thread idea came to mind. What are in your opinions some of the worst announcer lines u have hear, for either your team. Or another.

I don't want to give too much away. But one that I hate is "if u dont like that, u don't like nba (or Kings) basketball.

Also. Bulls have plenty of corny ones by Stacy king. "Step back and kiss myself." "Too big too fast too strong too good"

So what are some bad calls that u hear often for either your team. Or in highlights for others

you know that comes from a James Brown song, right? Superbad is the song. It's incredible.

speaking of the thread, anything that leaves Nique, or Clyde Drexler's mouths is awful. League pass gave me so many local announcers, and most of them are terrible. Clyde literally doesn't know half the other team when the Rockets are playing them.

IndyRealist
09-07-2016, 05:24 PM
"Smothered Chicken!" -Quinn Buckner, in reference to a blocked shot

KnickNyKnick
09-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Walt Frazier "hes starting to peculate"

IKnowHoops
09-07-2016, 06:19 PM
you know that comes from a James Brown song, right? Superbad is the song. It's incredible.

speaking of the thread, anything that leaves Nique, or Clyde Drexler's mouths is awful. League pass gave me so many local announcers, and most of them are terrible. Clyde literally doesn't know half the other team when the Rockets are playing them.

I also love Sean Elliot at Spurs games. He's such a homer and I love it. The way he would talk about the players, you would of thought they were gods.

SportsFanatic10
09-08-2016, 12:02 AM
I know this thread is about the worst lines, but since some people are giving good ones and I mostly just remember the good ones...I gotta post this, one of my favorite calls of all time right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHku7txX3DM

Sadds The Gr8
09-08-2016, 01:53 AM
Every time the Raps hit a 3, Matt Devlin (raps announcer) says "(raptor player) just hit a 3 from (random Canadian city)".

Also every time a ballhandler crosses half court he always says "(raptor player) crosses the timeline..."

Devlin is very annoying imo...

KnickNyKnick
09-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Every time the Raps hit a 3, Matt Devlin (raps announcer) says "(raptor player) just hit a 3 from (random Canadian city)".

Also every time a ballhandler crosses half court he always says "(raptor player) crosses the timeline..."

Devlin is very annoying imo...

wow, i would use my mute button alot for that 2nd one lol

ROY 2 MVP Braun
09-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Jon mcglocklin for the bucks whenever were down at the end of games he goes okay so this is where we need a stop and a score than another stop and score and another stop and score or something along those lines. Like tell us something we don't ****ing know. Obviously that's the only way we can get back in the game.

Lakers + Giants
09-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Honestly, anything Ralph Lawler says just instantly triggers me.

"oh me oh my!"

"bingo!!!"

"first to 100 wins, its the law"

jon32
09-10-2016, 08:09 AM

MJL80
09-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Walt Frazier "hes starting to peculate"

Yeah I agree. Or any of these:

Bounding and Astounding
Dancing and Prancing
Dishing and Swishing
Huffing and Stuffing
Hustling and Bustling
Loosey Goosey
Movin’ and Groovin’
Out-muscling and Out-hustling
Posting and Toasting
Shaking and Baking
Slicing and Dicing
Spinning and Winning
Stumbling and Bumbling
Styling and Profiling
Swooping and Hooping
Wheeling and Dealing

His attire is pretty cool though.

PowerHouse
09-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Bounding and Astounding
Dancing and Prancing
Dishing and Swishing
Huffing and Stuffing
Hustling and Bustling
Loosey Goosey
Movin’ and Groovin’
Out-muscling and Out-hustling
Posting and Toasting
Shaking and Baking
Slicing and Dicing
Spinning and Winning
Stumbling and Bumbling
Styling and Profiling
Swooping and Hooping
Wheeling and Dealing

Looks like you just copy and pasted the entire song of "Splish Splash"

PowerHouse
09-10-2016, 09:14 AM
That Detroit Pistons arena announcer from '04 was ridiculously annoying.

PowerHouse
09-10-2016, 09:14 AM
"Mama, there goes that thread"

/thread.

PhillyFaninLA
09-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Lakers Win....I always hate when announcers say that