PDA

View Full Version : Since 2006 playoffs...

FlashBolt
09-04-2016, 01:52 AM
LeBron James statistical dominance in the playoffs (totals):

Points 1st
Rebounds 1st
Assists 1st
Steals 1st
Blocks 5th

Saw it on Twitter and just couldn't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffy25
09-04-2016, 02:00 AM
Well, he's also played the most minutes by like 3K (Wade is second)

Minutes Played
LeBron - 8383
Wade - 5299
Parker - 5081
Duncan - 5062

He'd have to be fairly terrible to not be leading in major statistical categories.

Totals
Wade - 3163
Kobe - 2946

Boards
LeBron - 1758
Duncan - 1497
Howard - 1251

Assists
LeBron - 1348
Rondo - 851
Parker - 817

Steals
LeBron - 354
Wade - 222
Ginobili - 183

Blocks
Duncan - 275
Howard - 229
Ibaka - 222
Gasol - 204
LeBron - 186

He is second in PPG with 28.0 behind Kobe at 29.2
4th in APG with 6.8 (Paul, Westbrook, Rose)
and leading in Rebounds Per Game with 8.8 (among players with 10.0 PPG and 1500 minutes played)

Jeffy25
09-04-2016, 02:01 AM
Any way, he's obviously a great playoff performer, and hopefully he dispelled the arguments for him not being playoff effective this past season.

HandsOnTheWheel
09-04-2016, 04:46 AM
Well, he's also played the most minutes by like 3K(Wade is second)

Minutes Played
LeBron - 8383
Wade - 5299
Parker - 5081
Duncan - 5062

He'd have to be fairly terrible to not be leading in major statistical categories.

Totals
Wade - 3163
Kobe - 2946

Boards
LeBron - 1758
Duncan - 1497
Howard - 1251

Assists
LeBron - 1348
Rondo - 851
Parker - 817

Steals
LeBron - 354
Wade - 222
Ginobili - 183

Blocks
Duncan - 275
Howard - 229
Ibaka - 222
Gasol - 204
LeBron - 186

He is second in PPG with 28.0 behind Kobe at 29.2
4th in APG with 6.8 (Paul, Westbrook, Rose)
and leading in Rebounds Per Game with 8.8 (among players with 10.0 PPG and 1500 minutes played)

Was just gonna say.

Still impressive nonetheless.

IndyRealist
09-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Yeah, they're counting stats. As Jeffy said Lebron's played a lot more minutes than everyone else.

jon32
09-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Playing that many minutes is an impressive stat in itself.
He can take his team's on his back deep into the playoffs every year.......don't think mins should be used to belittle his stats totals ( not saying u guys were...but some ppl tend to )

tredigs
09-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Any way, he's obviously a great playoff performer, and hopefully he dispelled the arguments for him not being playoff effective this past season.

Well and just the fact that he has played that many post-season games in that time frame (without serious injury) is actually the most impressive part of what makes LBJ who he is. He's a cyborg. All other players go down at one point or another, but so far, never him.

IKnowHoops
09-05-2016, 01:29 AM
Well and just the fact that he has played that many post-season games in that time frame (without serious injury) is actually the most impressive part of what makes LBJ who he is. He's a cyborg. All other players go down at one point or another, but so far, never him.

Yeah I was going to say this. The fact that he's able to win so much in the playoffs that he's played that many more minutes than anyone else is probably the biggest show of dominance.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2016, 01:26 AM
I wonder if anyone in the history of basketball has had a playoff run of this much statistical dominance. This is definitely G.O.A.T. dominance.

prodigy
09-06-2016, 04:23 AM
Yeah, they're counting stats. As Jeffy said Lebron's played a lot more minutes than everyone else.

Because he gets to the playoffs a lot more too. he's been then pretty much every single year he's been in the league. other then his 1st I think.

Clint Olbrock
09-06-2016, 05:51 AM
Because he gets to the playoffs a lot more too. he's been then pretty much every single year he's been in the league. other then his 1st I think.

He missed the playoffs his first 2 seasons but I recall his 2nd season he missed it because the Nets held the tiebreaker over the Cavs, I was mad as heck.

6man
09-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Looks like LeBron, Wade, and Duncan have been the most dominant/successful playoff players since 2006.

Chronz
09-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Looks like LeBron, Wade, and Duncan have been the most dominant/successful playoff players since 2006.

Dont forget TP, Bosh and whoever else those guys played with.

SteBO
09-06-2016, 01:28 PM
And he's been the most durable athlete I've ever watched on TV and witnessed in person. It's amazing stuff man....no matter how you slice it.

Hawkeye15
09-06-2016, 04:57 PM

bingo.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2016, 06:22 PM

This is why I think he will break Kareem's scoring record and play into his early 40's. Maybe 43-44 ish. I think he will be an allstar at 40. lol

JordansBulls
09-07-2016, 08:40 PM

I don't think anyone thought of him as not being a great playoff performer. He is top 5 in that.

JordansBulls
09-07-2016, 08:41 PM
I wonder if anyone in the history of basketball has had a playoff run of this much statistical dominance. This is definitely G.O.A.T. dominance.

You also have to consider the conference as well. Really hasn't been that good except maybe 2008 and 2011.

europagnpilgrim
09-07-2016, 09:34 PM
You also have to consider the conference as well. Really hasn't been that good except maybe 2008 and 2011.

You can use this concept for a number of the players with the most rings

From B Russell to Magic to Jordan you can say and people have said it over and over like clockwork

I don't recall anyone outside of 93' Knicks being up 2-0 and that 98' Pacers team actually challenging Jordan/Bulls out East, Knicks being the biggest heated rivalry other than that Jordan/Bulls cake walked to the Finals after the 80's dynasties broke down and vanished away and expansion teams came into play during both of his 3 peats which watered the league down even more

IKnowHoops
09-07-2016, 10:01 PM

It actually doesn't even matter. When you stack it up to the history of the NBA, there have been plenty of great players and plenty of weak conferences. If nobody is close, then Lebron is the most dominant playoff player of all time.

JordansBulls
09-07-2016, 10:35 PM
You can use this concept for a number of the players with the most rings

From B Russell to Magic to Jordan you can say and people have said it over and over like clockwork

I don't recall anyone outside of 93' Knicks being up 2-0 and that 98' Pacers team actually challenging Jordan/Bulls out East, Knicks being the biggest heated rivalry other than that Jordan/Bulls cake walked to the Finals after the 80's dynasties broke down and vanished away and expansion teams came into play during both of his 3 peats which watered the league down even more

The difference is those guys didn't jump from team to team to form super teams. Which is what happened. Not to mention the first round went to 7 games which changes things dramatically for adding stats.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2016, 10:45 PM
The difference is those guys didn't jump from team to team to form super teams. Which is what happened. Not to mention the first round went to 7 games which changes things dramatically for adding stats.

Moot point since they were all on super teams. Bill Russell went to the finals 11 years. Can you imagine How much more dominant Lebron's numbers would look with 11 straight finals appearances?! Great team or no team, Lebron can single handedly will his team to a deep playoff run every year...more so than any other player in history.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Put Bron on the Spurs in place of a guy like Manu. I'm confident he has more rings and equivalent stats through the same period of time.

LOb0
09-07-2016, 11:13 PM
I mean its impressive but he's had basically a free pass to the finals for several years in the East and its f*cking LeBron.

JordansBulls
09-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Put Bron on the Spurs in place of a guy like Manu. I'm confident he has more rings and equivalent stats through the same period of time.

Not really!! We have seen in separate occasions guys who were top 5-10 in the league all of a sudden become like role players playing with Lebron because of his ball dominance. Kevin Love was considered the best PF in the league and now look at him? Wade was #2 in PER and Bosh #4 and look at what happened to them. The only reason Kyrie is well is because he is the scapegoat. He is basically another Westbrook who doesn't care what people think.

tredigs
09-07-2016, 11:23 PM
I mean its impressive but he's had basically a free pass to the finals for several years in the East and its f*cking LeBron.

It's definitely a very strange legacy with how much more beast the West teams were. "6 straight Finals!" and the counting stats he accumulated along the way are all relative.

He's an All-Time beast, but I've certainly witnessed better.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Not really!! We have seen in separate occasions guys who were top 5-10 in the league all of a sudden become like role players playing with Lebron because of his ball dominance. Kevin Love was considered the best PF in the league and now look at him? Wade was #2 in PER and Bosh #4 and look at what happened to them. The only reason Kyrie is well is because he is the scapegoat. He is basically another Westbrook who doesn't care what people think.

This has nothing to do with Lebron getting rings and stats though.

Hawkeye15
09-08-2016, 03:25 PM

there is no difference, those guys played on given to them superteams, and had weak competition in the playoffs yearly. Look at Magic's playoff opponents in the first 1-2 rounds through the 80's. It's pitiful the teams he went up against.

Hawkeye15
09-08-2016, 03:26 PM
It's definitely a very strange legacy with how much more beast the West teams were. "6 straight Finals!" and the counting stats he accumulated along the way are all relative.

He's an All-Time beast, but I've certainly witnessed better.

outside of MJ, who?

tredigs
09-08-2016, 05:27 PM
outside of MJ, who?

I worded that too strongly in retrospect, but MJ and Shaq in his prime were the most unstoppable players I watched. 'Bron is third best player I've seen.

FraziersKnicks
09-09-2016, 06:34 AM
I worded that too strongly in retrospect, but MJ and Shaq in his prime were the most unstoppable players I watched. 'Bron is third best player I've seen.

I would agree with this.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2016, 10:36 AM

I would imagine LeBron surpasses Shaq in my all time rankings (his longevity will win out), but for pure dominance in his hay day, I agree, Shaq was more dominant than LeBron.

Tony_Starks
09-09-2016, 10:57 AM
He's had great durability and longevity.

Chronz
09-09-2016, 02:31 PM
It actually doesn't even matter. When you stack it up to the history of the NBA, there have been plenty of great players and plenty of weak conferences. If nobody is close, then Lebron is the most dominant playoff player of all time.

It actually does matter. When you stack it up to history? What does that even imply, I've seen the playoff adjusted numbers (relative to strength of opposing defenses) it definitely matters. Thats why we see D-Rob post big numbers vs defenseless teams and utterly collapse against decent defenses.

Lots of times players dont have the advantages Bron has had to pad his playoff rates against the dregs of the conference, true others have shared the experience but not all. This is an important contextual factor in ANY comparison between these goats.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2016, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE]It actually does matter. When you stack it up to history? What does that even imply, I've seen the playoff adjusted numbers (relative to strength of opposing defenses) it definitely matters.

It implies that through the thousands of games and thousands of players, there are great players who have had less comp than Lebron yet don't have the dominance. So again, it doesn't matter.

Thats why we see D-Rob post big numbers vs defenseless teams and utterly collapse against decent defenses.

Every player has had poor showings against great defenses. LMAO, but if you are ignorant to the fact Drob has also destroyed the best defenses, see my sig. If you are ignorant to the fact Drob is one of four people to put up a quadruple double, see my sig, if you are ignorant to the fact that Drob has absolutely destroyed the best defensive and offensive centers in the history of the game see my sig. And if you are also ignorant to the fact that during his prime he played with possibly the worst playoff supporting casts we have seen, again see my sig. And if you are still ignorant to the fact that with Drob this team wins 50+ games, and without him they are a bottom 3 lottery team, for pete sakes, see "the year before they drafted him", "Every year he was there", "and the year before they drafted Duncan when he got hurt". Peace

Lots of times players dont have the advantages Bron has had to pad his playoff rates against the dregs of the conference, true others have shared the experience but not all. This is an important contextual factor in ANY comparison between these goats.

Actually these players don't have the physical advantages of Lebron to effect the game in so many ways at the highest of levels, over and over again making impossible plays that only he could make, and effectively willing almost any team to deep playoff runs. These other players you speak of were blessed with ridiculous talent around them that allowed them to get to the playoffs every year that Bron didn't have throughout his career IE Shaq,Magic,Bird,Jabbar,...give Lebron those type of career talents beside him his entire career and I'd argue his numbers would be greater. Imagine Lebron's rookie year playing with Jabbar. Imagine him gifted Magic's talent running mates. So again, it doesn't matter. What matters is that you could replace any player in the history of the game with Lebron, and they would not have that statistical dominance in all those categories like Lebron has, so again you have no point.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2016, 07:35 PM
I would imagine LeBron surpasses Shaq in my all time rankings (his longevity will win out), but for pure dominance in his hay day, I agree, Shaq was more dominant than LeBron.

I have them as equals, and I suspect any statistical measure you can find would agree with that.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2016, 07:44 PM
It actually does matter. When you stack it up to history? What does that even imply, I've seen the playoff adjusted numbers (relative to strength of opposing defenses) it definitely matters. Thats why we see D-Rob post big numbers vs defenseless teams and utterly collapse against decent defenses.

David Makes Dikembe his -----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZORX0aVyqA

David Makes Dikembe his ----- again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ga7YazzHE

Chronz
09-10-2016, 07:23 PM
It implies that through the thousands of games and thousands of players, there are great players who have had less comp than Lebron yet don't have the dominance. So again, it doesn't matter.

That ignores the players who have had superior comp than LeBron so why would anyone care? Again, have you even seen the playoff adjusted rates?

Every player has had poor showings against great defenses.
The obvious point being that very few players allow it to influence their game as much as D-Rob.

LMAO, but if you are ignorant to the fact Drob has also destroyed the best defenses, see my sig.
Its an ignorant sig that ignores the entirety of his playoff career, so again, WHO CARES.

If you are ignorant to the fact Drob is one of four people to put up a quadruple double, see my sig,
Arbitrary stats are the tool of the laymen, fun facts bro but it doesn't sway me.

if you are ignorant to the fact that Drob has absolutely destroyed the best defensive and offensive centers in the history of the game see my sig. And if you are also ignorant to the fact that during his prime he played with possibly the worst playoff supporting casts we have seen, again see my sig. And if you are still ignorant to the fact that with Drob this team wins 50+ games, and without him they are a bottom 3 lottery team, for pete sakes, see "the year before they drafted him", "Every year he was there", "and the year before they drafted Duncan when he got hurt". Peace

Except Im not stupid enough to base a career of selective games over the totality of their career trends and Im not ignorant, Im just not a homer. You're doing alot of talking that your sig utterly cant back up. Wake me up when you have something of substance.

Actually these players don't have the physical advantages of Lebron to effect the game in so many ways at the highest of levels, over and over again making impossible plays that only he could make, and effectively willing almost any team to deep playoff runs. These other players you speak of were blessed with ridiculous talent around them that allowed them to get to the playoffs every year that Bron didn't have throughout his career IE Shaq,Magic,Bird,Jabbar,...give Lebron those type of career talents beside him his entire career and I'd argue his numbers would be greater. Imagine Lebron's rookie year playing with Jabbar. Imagine him gifted Magic's talent running mates. So again, it doesn't matter. What matters is that you could replace any player in the history of the game with Lebron, and they would not have that statistical dominance in all those categories like Lebron has, so again you have no point.
Cool stories bro but I dont buy what you're selling, I've seen no reason to believe you. Your grasp of statistical analysis has proven to be shaky at best so again, IDGAF (when it comes to D-Rob).

Chronz
09-10-2016, 07:54 PM
I have them as equals, and I suspect any statistical measure you can find would agree with that.

Only if we COMPLETELY ignore the strength of the opposition. Which no statistician does but for some reason, its an opinion you hold steadfast.

David Makes Dikembe his -----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZORX0aVyqA

David Makes Dikembe his ----- again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ga7YazzHE
Why would I outweigh an entire career for your biased/selective clips?

IKnowHoops
09-10-2016, 09:58 PM
That ignores the players who have had superior comp than LeBron so why would anyone care? Again, have you even seen the playoff adjusted rates?

The obvious point being that very few players allow it to influence their game as much as D-Rob.

Its an ignorant sig that ignores the entirety of his playoff career, so again, WHO CARES.

Arbitrary stats are the tool of the laymen, fun facts bro but it doesn't sway me.

Except Im not stupid enough to base a career of selective games over the totality of their career trends and Im not ignorant, Im just not a homer. You're doing alot of talking that your sig utterly cant back up. Wake me up when you have something of substance.

Cool stories bro but I dont buy what you're selling, I've seen no reason to believe you. Your grasp of statistical analysis has proven to be shaky at best so again, IDGAF (when it comes to D-Rob).

Actually you can wake me up when you bring something that is statistical that can refute anything I've said. All I have heard from you for two weeks are meaningless words. Not a single stat. Meanwhile you push a narrative of T-mac being better than DWade when Wade has had the greatest finals ever, and TMac has never even won a playoff series...which to that you argue team...yet ignore that Drob did much more with less. LOLOL, you are a walking talking hypocrite and have not yet backed up any point while simultaneously pushing a less valid one with your favorite player. Get some rest and come back to me with something that can refute Drob having 10 PER years better than Hakeems best year. Or Drob having 6 WS/48 years better than Hakeem. Or that Drob turns a lottery team into a 50 plus win team all by himself. And then find me some other players who have done the same. Until then you've got nothing. And you need to stop trying to sell your Tmac better than D Wade story if you are going to have any credibility.

IKnowHoops
09-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Only if we COMPLETELY ignore the strength of the opposition. Which no statistician does but for some reason, its an opinion you hold steadfast.

Why would I outweigh an entire career for your biased/selective clips?

Chronz, whatever your sample size is buddy, I can quintuple it in my sleep so step up and get crushed with any stat you want to bring.

Chronz
09-12-2016, 01:28 AM
Chronz, whatever your sample size is buddy, I can quintuple it in my sleep so step up and get crushed with any stat you want to bring.
Can you be more coherent? How do you quintuple an established sample size on the SAME player OR the NBA in its entirety? Thats literally impossible and justifies why I dont take you all that seriously on this subject.

Again, show me the playoff adjusted rates, ranked by defensive dominance so we start with something simple, show me ANYTHING that even comes close to helping your theory, its like you want us to live in a world of absolutes over actual statistical trends/facts. Ill get to your other long winded post whenever I have time to read it, just hope you answered my question.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Can you be more coherent? How do you quintuple an established sample size on the SAME player OR the NBA in its entirety? Thats literally impossible and justifies why I dont take you all that seriously on this subject.

Again, show me the playoff adjusted rates, ranked by defensive dominance so we start with something simple, show me ANYTHING that even comes close to helping your theory, its like you want us to live in a world of absolutes over actual statistical trends/facts. Ill get to your other long winded post whenever I have time to read it, just hope you answered my question.

Could you be more coherent? Your a good talker, but thats about it right now. First you say NBA in its entirety, and then ask for a smaller sample size in playoffs. Do you want NBA in its entirety, or playoff sized sample size?

FlashBolt
09-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Entirety, D.Rob disappoints in the playoffs. You haven't acknowledged that when it's an inevitable truth.. leading all of us to believe you are just too much of a homer to discuss anything related to D.Rob. It's painfully obvious that you are handpicking every scenario that D.Rob has looked great in.. Yes, every great player (top 20) will have legendary type games. What's your point? Come playoff time, show me how many "great" games he had.. and I guarantee you it will be few. When one of your close friends/teammates say, "We can't trust D.Rob to show up for us", then you tell me what the narrative should be.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Entirety, D.Rob disappoints in the playoffs. You haven't acknowledged that when it's an inevitable truth.. leading all of us to believe you are just too much of a homer to discuss anything related to D.Rob. It's painfully obvious that you are handpicking every scenario that D.Rob has looked great in.. Yes, every great player (top 20) will have legendary type games. What's your point? Come playoff time, show me how many "great" games he had.. and I guarantee you it will be few. When one of your close friends/teammates say, "We can't trust D.Rob to show up for us", then you tell me what the narrative should be.

I'm glad you asked. Now I will shut you both up.

Pts/Reb/Blks/Asst/FG%/FG-FGA/ W or L

1st Playoff series vs Denver

1. Game 1 - 26 / 13 / 5 / 2 / .550 / 11-20 / W
2. Game 2 - 31 / 12 / 5 / 2 / .668 / 11-16 / W
3. Game 3 - 26 / 16 / 1 / 5 / .556 / 10-18 / W

2nd Playoff series vs Portland

4. Game 1 - 9 / 9 / 4 / 6 / .273 / 3-11 / L
5. Game 2 - 31 / 8 / 2 / 1 / .579 / 11-19 / L
6. Game 3 - 28 / 8 / 8 / 4 / .786 / 11-14 / W
7. Game 4 - 21 /10 / 4 / 2 / .538 / 7-13 / W
8. Game 5 - 27 / 15 / 2 / 1 / .500 / 9-18 / L
9. Game 6 - 24 / 13 / 6 / 0 / .529 / 9-17 / W
10. Game 7 - 20 / 16 / 3 / 0 / .333 / 7-21 / L

3rd Playoff series vs GSW

11. Game 1 - 30 / 13 / 8 / 1 / .900 / 9-10 / W
12. Game 2 - 28 / 15 / 3 / 2 / .692 / 9-13 / L
13. Game 3 - 27 / 12 / 2 / 4 / .588 / 10-17 / L
14. Game 4 - 18 / 14 / 2 / 4 / .636 / 7-11 / L

4th Playoff series vs Portland

15. Game 1 - 16 / 15 / 4 / 2 / .300 / 6-20 / W
16. Game 2 - 15 / 14 / 1 / 0 / .364 / 4-11 / L
17. Game 3 - 26 / 14 / 4 / 5 / .500 / 8-16 / W
18. Game 4 - 20 / 17 / 7 / 11 / .571 / 8-14 / W

5th Playoff series vs PHX

19. Game 1 - 32 / 10 / 7 / 4 / .650 / 13-20 / L
20. Game 2 - 27 / 10 / 2 / 3 / .500 / 11-22 / L
21. Game 3 - 13 / 8 / 1 / 6 / .250 / 4-16 / W
22. Game 4 - 36 / 16 / 3 / 0 / .450 / 9-20 / W
23. Game 5 - 24 / 8 / 3 / 3 / .625 / 10-16 / L
24. Game 6 - 22 / 14 / 4 / 5 / .400 / 6-16 / L

6th Playoff series vs Utah

25. Game 1 - 25 / 8 / 3 / 7 / .529 / 9-17 / W
26. Game 2 - 12 / 9 / 5 / 2 / .143 / 2-14 / L
27. Game 3 - 16 / 11 / 0 / 1 / .381 / 8-21 / L
28. Game 4 - 27 / 12 / 2 / 4 / .524 / 11-21 / L

7th Playoff Series vs Den

29. Game 1 - 14 / 8 / 2 / 1 / .417 / 5-12 / W
30. Game 2 - 19 / 4 / 0 / 4 / .429 / 6-14 / W
31. Game 3 - 24 / 8 / 2 / 5 / .435 / 10-23 / W

8th Playoff series vs Lakers

32. Game 1 - 33 / 11 / 5 / 3 / .609 / 14-23 / W
33. Game 2 - 22 / 16 / 5 / 6 / .231 / 6-26 / W
34. Game 3 - 34 / 13 / 3 / 3 / .519 / 14-27 / L
35. Game 4 - 26 / 22 / 3 / 5 / .440 / 11-25 / W
36. Game 5 - 34 / 17 / 4 / 4 / .409 / 9-22 / L
37. Game 6 - 31 / 15 / 2 / 0 / .526 / 10-19 / W

9th Playoff series vs Houston

38. Game 1 - 21 / 9 / 2 / 2 / .294 / 5-17 / L
39. Game 2 - 32 / 12 / 1 / 2 / .556 / 10-18 / L
40. Game 3 - 29 / 9 / 1 / 4 / .667 / 10-15 / W
41. Game 4 - 20 / 16 / 5 / 3 / .375 / 6-16 / W
42. Game 5 - 22 / 12 / 3 / 2 / .467 / 7-15 / L
43. Game 6 - 19 / 10 / 1 / 5 / .353 / 6-17 / L

10th Playoff series vs PHX

44. Game 1 - 28 / 6 / 3 / 1 / .647 / 11-17 / W
45. Game 2 - 40 / 21 / 3 / 1 / .560 / 14-25 / W
46. Game 3 - 22 / 7 / 3 / 4 / .444 / 8-18 / L

11th Playoff series vs Utah
47. Game 1 - 30 / 13 / 1 / 6 / .571 / 12-21 / L
48. Game 2 - 24 / 12 / 3 / 3 / .450 / 9-20 / W
49. Game 3 - 11 / 9 / 3 / 1 / .400 / 4-10 / L
50. Game 4 - 11 / 4 / 1 / 2 / .667 / 2-3 / L
51. Game 5 - 24 / 15 / 1 / 1 / .333 / 7-21 / W
52. Game 6 - 17 / 8 / 2 / 1 / .500 / 7-14 / L

So he was Good - Great in 32/52 games during his prime

He was average - bad in 20/52 games during his prime.

Much of his playoffs he had a TS% over .700. He was horribly coached and had horrible teammates. Case in point, when they lost to GS he had a TS% around .850 yet he was only getting like 11 shots per game, and still dropping 30 a game. Now beat it flashbolt. You lost and have been proven wrong again.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2016, 10:50 PM

Much of his playoffs he had a TS% over .700. He was horribly coached and had horrible teammates. Case in point, when they lost to GS he had a TS% around .850 yet he was only getting like 11 shots per game, and still dropping 30 a game. Now beat it flashbolt. You lost and have been proven wrong again.

Kobe, Wade, Tmac, Duncan, KG, Durant during there primes will have a lower average of good to great game in the playoffs just to give you a baseline.

Chronz
09-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Could you be more coherent? Your a good talker, but thats about it right now. First you say NBA in its entirety, and then ask for a smaller sample size in playoffs. Do you want NBA in its entirety, or playoff sized sample size?
I gave you 2 options because neither made sense.

Anyways, you gotta admit that D-Rob never had that truly big breakout series. Which wont keep him from surpassing many guys with better moments but not the guys at the tippy top of this list.

Chronz
09-12-2016, 11:08 PM

Those are awful stats given the comp and expectations. Again, we're comparing him vs the best of the best, not Elvin Hayes here.

Chronz
09-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Kobe, Wade, Tmac, Duncan, KG, Durant during there primes will have a lower average of good to great game in the playoffs just to give you a baseline.

You've given no baseline, just raw rates. Its not just about the playoffs, its the opposition, its time and score. D-Rob getting his points quietly in upsets vs horrible defenses or unspectacular wins dont outweigh the "upsets" at the hands of star bigs thoroughly outplaying you and you suffering far more than any great (because he was great) we've ever seen. I honestly think D-Rob was forced into being a #1 when he should've been KG (In Boston).

IKnowHoops
09-12-2016, 11:41 PM
You've given no baseline, just raw rates. Its not just about the playoffs, its the opposition, its time and score. D-Rob getting his points quietly in upsets vs horrible defenses or unspectacular wins dont outweigh the "upsets" at the hands of star bigs thoroughly outplaying you and you suffering far more than any great (because he was great) we've ever seen. I honestly think D-Rob was forced into being a #1 when he should've been KG (In Boston).

Who's gone up against better competition than David...that I haven't ranked above him?

Prime Hakeem, Mutumbo, Malone, Barkley. Not once did he have a stronger supporting cast against these guys either and he beat Barkley, murdered Mutumbo.

What great big did Kareem go against in his prime? Did he face moses? He didn't face prime Wilt. Davids stats are better than most anyone in that era accept for Jordan and Hakeem, who I have above him. Your failing to consider how week his team was...just as you feel like I am not factoring in the competition. Who did tracy play that was so great. He lost in the first round every year. David fills up the stat line while shooting at 600. percent 65% of the time. Thats beasting. Not whatever you call it. Nobody else puts up these stats without being called dominant.

Chronz
09-13-2016, 12:08 AM
Who's gone up against better competition than David...that I haven't ranked above him?

Prime Hakeem, Mutumbo, Malone, Barkley. Not once did he have a stronger supporting cast against these guys either and he beat Barkley, murdered Mutumbo.

What great big did Kareem go against in his prime? Did he face moses? He didn't face prime Wilt. Davids stats are better than most anyone in that era accept for Jordan and Hakeem, who I have above him. Your failing to consider how week his team was...just as you feel like I am not factoring in the competition. Who did tracy play that was so great. He lost in the first round every year. David fills up the stat line while shooting at 600. percent 65% of the time. Thats beasting. Not whatever you call it. Nobody else puts up these stats without being called dominant.
Ugh..... do you really want me to do ALL the research when you're the one making these claims? I've asked you, do you even know what it is I value or do you just spew stats nonsensically and refuse to keep up with the revolution?

Naming names is well and all but when you cite statistics, its not the names that matter so much as the trends. First lesson, TS% without regards to pace, efficiency, comp/matchups isn't that convincing. Its like you expect me to say D-Rob sucked but the stats you are showing me only support that hes not as good as you claim. I know the trends, you dont, its really that simple. Im willing to show you but Im gonna take my sweet time if you insist on these combative antics over your hero. We get it, you think hes underrated because of circumstantial aspects, cool, but its still up for debate when you've failed as often as D-Rob has.

Tmac actually raises his level of play regardless of his circumstances IMO but thats for another post, right now, lets focus on actually getting the facts straight. Hanging out with my roommates right now but got bored with Fifa and we need more beer so Ill get back to you eventually.

FlashBolt
09-13-2016, 03:57 PM
I think Chronz successfully expressed what I was going to say. I should have phrased it to where it was against legitimate competition. Apparently his amazing games against the small sized Warriors with zero depth in the frontcourt is something that is impressive to him. As I said before, David Robinson is a second option player who was best suited to lead a team as a defensive anchor rather than their 1st option. There's solid evidence of that (Spurs won when he was a second option player. Tim Duncan carried that team). Lack of help is not an excuse to perform below standard in the playoffs. Great players still dominate games even though they don't win. Your excuses and infatuation with David Robinson pains us all. No one agrees with you. You're declaring yourself the victor of David Robinson debates when he has an ESTABLISHED history of terrible playoff history. Not to mention his career was rather short. But hey, keep thinking his teammates were to blame because of his own playoff mishaps. You continue ignoring Avery Johnson calling him out in the playoffs... why is that?

FlashBolt
09-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Also want to point out that you always used advanced statistics to support your thesis but why is it you ignore his advanced statistics for the playoffs in the respective year? You'll see a huge decline in rating. Yeah yeah, his teammates weren't great. Yet, most of the legends you are comparing him to still performed up-to-par without great teammates. Jordan, LeBron, and Hakeem did. Where is the discrepancy from their performances coming from compared to David Robinson?

IKnowHoops
09-13-2016, 05:55 PM
I think Chronz successfully expressed what I was going to say. I should have phrased it to where it was against legitimate competition. Apparently his amazing games against the small sized Warriors with zero depth in the frontcourt is something that is impressive to him. As I said before, David Robinson is a second option player who was best suited to lead a team as a defensive anchor rather than their 1st option. There's solid evidence of that (Spurs won when he was a second option player. Tim Duncan carried that team). Lack of help is not an excuse to perform below standard in the playoffs. Great players still dominate games even though they don't win. Your excuses and infatuation with David Robinson pains us all. No one agrees with you. You're declaring yourself the victor of David Robinson debates when he has an ESTABLISHED history of terrible playoff history. Not to mention his career was rather short. But hey, keep thinking his teammates were to blame because of his own playoff mishaps. You continue ignoring Avery Johnson calling him out in the playoffs... why is that?

Never knew of a second option player who was the league MVP, scored 71 pts in a game and lead his team to the biggest wins differential in NBA history. Also his career against Dream head to head he is actually slightly better in the regular season. But sure, second option...right. Even Pop would slap you for that.

The Avery Johnson quote is being taken out of context. He was effectively telling the team to step up because David can't do it by himself. Find a link to the quote.

IKnowHoops
09-13-2016, 06:05 PM

These are the same type of arguments that people use against Lebron...as if every other player has fought against the best of the best and no one even looks into those particulars, only to dissect Lebron/Drob competition to the gills.

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm taking everything into account. Top 5 regular season dominance coupled with playoffs including a combination of top 5 performances and some weak performances. (just like every player ever) But again, I watched the games. You didn't. David was doubled and tripled while his teammates could do nothing.

Jordan, Lebron, Hakeem, all played with much better talent than Drob. Drob's best players were Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, and a self destructing Dennis Rodman who quit on his team. He never had a D Wade, a Pippen, a Bosh, a Drexler. He didn't have good coaching either. He had a different coach every other year.

At the end of the day, you have a 3 playoff series sample size, I have the rest of his career. If you want to base everything off of less than 20 games, then your the one with the agenda, not me.

FlashBolt
09-13-2016, 09:40 PM
These are the same type of arguments that people use against Lebron...as if every other player has fought against the best of the best and no one even looks into those particulars, only to dissect Lebron/Drob competition to the gills.

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm taking everything into account. Top 5 regular season dominance coupled with playoffs including a combination of top 5 performances and some weak performances. (just like every player ever) But again, I watched the games. You didn't. David was doubled and tripled while his teammates could do nothing.

Jordan, Lebron, Hakeem, all played with much better talent than Drob. Drob's best players were Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, and a self destructing Dennis Rodman who quit on his team. He never had a D Wade, a Pippen, a Bosh, a Drexler. He didn't have good coaching either. He had a different coach every other year.

At the end of the day, you have a 3 playoff series sample size, I have the rest of his career. If you want to base everything off of less than 20 games, then your the one with the agenda, not me.

1) "We can't wait for David Robinson to take us, because he ain't going to be there for us."

Aka, David Robinson wasn't able to carry them so they had to step up.

What's worse is this:
"David Robinson was there, sitting right in the middle of everyone. When Avery was finished, David was still sitting there. He sat there and took it."

2) Actually, KG's role in Boston as Chronz mentioned is an answer of a MVP type player better suited as a second option. Just like Pippen -- who was an MVP candidate but was much better suited as a second option. You ask any coach if they would take Tim Duncan or David Robinson and odds are they will take Duncan. Ask Pop that and then tell me who he would choose. Just because he scored 71 pointz doesn't mean he can lead a team. That's something you have trouble grasping. Too fixated on numbers but not actual achievements/presence on the team.

3) He had a short regular season stint of dominance. About only 5-7 seasons were realistically elite and then you consider that he lacked any playoff dominance or acchievements, the ranking is even worse for D.Rob. Basketball isn't judged by who had the best peak but who had the best career.

4) David was doubled and tripled? You do realize that the greats were all doubled and tripled, right? And I don't care if you watch the games or not. Amoster also watched the games. What does that prove? You think that matters to me? When you look at all the greats you're compring David Robinson to, they all showed up individually with or without a team. David Robinson on the other hand sees a huge drop in performance. His best playoff performances (majority of them) are against teams who are undersized, too slow, or just not strong enough to contain David Robinson. It's why the "few bad ones" were usually against strong frontcourt opposition. Am I supposed to be impressed that he dominated Run TMC and their MIA frontcourt?

5) Again, numerous all-time greats you are comparing him to have dominated even before their championship days. LeBron dominated in the playoffs without Wade or Bosh and he certainly didn't get carried by them the way David Robinson got carried by Tim Duncan. Jordan couldn't get over the Pistons or Celtics (because his teammates sucked) but his production never waivered. Hakeem also dominated. Tim Duncan dominated. Kobe dominated. Shaq dominated. Who didn't dominate? David Robinson. It's easy to keep posting stats but reality doesn't fit your narrative. He had a short career of elite regular seasons and they were usually coupled with mediocre playoff seasons. You can't say he had longevity because he didn't. You keep claiming I have an agenda.. what possible agenda do I have with a player as irrelevant as David Robinson. For Christ's sake, his career is remembered as one half of the twin-towers (Tim Duncan+David Robinson) with Duncan carrying him the full way. You're the one with the agenda because you're the only guy willing to say he was as good as his stats showed and then proclaim yourself the "victor" of these discussions. Sorry but the truth hurts. No one rates David Robinson as high as you do.. and if you think that makes me the one with the agenda, what does that tell you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
09-14-2016, 12:36 AM
1) [QUOTE]"We can't wait for David Robinson to take us, because he ain't going to be there for us."

Aka, David Robinson wasn't able to carry them so they had to step up.

Nobody in history could of carried that bunch bro. the fact that you don't know that means you are talking out of your ---.

What's worse is this:
"David Robinson was there, sitting right in the middle of everyone. When Avery was finished, David was still sitting there. He sat there and took it."

LINK

2) Actually, KG's role in Boston as Chronz mentioned is an answer of a MVP type player better suited as a second option.

Dude he was 3 years removed from his prime. Paul pierce had done nothing without him. If they were all in there prime its a different story. And they all went to Paul's town. In his prime KG is way better than Pierce. Please stop with this bs argument where now you are taking and old KG and talking this second option bs.

Just like Pippen -- who was an MVP candidate but was much better suited as a second option.

Everyone is a second option to the GOAT. WTF?
And yeah candidate, not MVP

You ask any coach if they would take Tim Duncan or David Robinson and odds are they will take Duncan. Ask Pop that and then tell me who he would choose. Just because he scored 71 pointz doesn't mean he can lead a team. That's something you have trouble grasping. Too fixated on numbers but not actual achievements/presence on the team.

LOL. What your not realizing is if you give prime Drob the same team that Duncan had and he win championships as the man. Drop's prime is what Lebron's was before Miami. Domination with nothing to show for it and a few shutdowns by teams that can key in on him and don't have to worry about anyone else.

3) He had a short regular season stint of dominance. About only 5-7 seasons were realistically elite and then you consider that he lacked any playoff dominance or acchievements, the ranking is even worse for D.Rob. Basketball isn't judged by who had the best peak but who had the best career.

Yeah my sample size is of 600 games and yours is 20 games. He was in the Navy so he missed out on 3 years of domination. He came in after not playing for 2 years and smashed on the NBA. Hmmmm.

4) David was doubled and tripled? You do realize that the greats were all doubled and tripled, right?

But any great that won anything had guys he could pass to that would kill you if you tripled them. David didn't, so teams could do it more often without any reason to stop or get hurt by it. Is this concept so very hard for you to grasp?

And I don't care if you watch the games or not. Amoster also watched the games. What does that prove? You think that matters to me? When you look at all the greats you're compring David Robinson to, they all showed up individually with or without a team.

David showed up plenty without a team in the playoffs. As Ive shown. When it mattered, both Lebron and Jordan got beat early in the playoffs without a team so no, without a team, nobody did anything David hasn't done.

David Robinson on the other hand sees a huge drop in performance. His best playoff performances (majority of them) are against teams who are undersized, too slow, or just not strong enough to contain David Robinson.

LOL. guess what, Lebron and Jordan's best performances are against teams that were to slow, undersized, and just not strong enough. Look at Jordan against the Pistons. He was a shell of himself. People dogged Lebron forever for his pitiful performance against Dallas (when Marion was on him and Chandler was in the middle) or against the Celtics when it almost looked like he quit. Point being all great players look like crap here and there. The difference between Jordan/Lebron and David, is that they actually got All-Star help + hall of fame caoching/GM in there primes. David didn't. Look how crappy Kobe looked when he didn't have a team with Phil coaching. That would of been Kobe's legacy had he had David's help. If you can't tell, or don't know the huge difference in circumstances, you need to stop talking about ---- you don't know about.

It's why the "few bad ones" were usually against strong frontcourt opposition. Am I supposed to be impressed that he dominated Run TMC and their MIA frontcourt?

Well against arguable the best defensive center of all time he put up 26/12 in the playoffs. He beat a team with a top 5 PF of all time. He never had a better supporting cast than either. So after the 20 games you would like to focus on, he was otherworldly putting up top 5 all-time efficiency numbers on both ends of the court. He's got 10 years with better PER #'s than Dream's best year. Your sample size is way to small for me to care about. Especially when I can find lows in every players playoff history.

5) Again, numerous all-time greats you are comparing him to have dominated even before their championship days. [/B]

David did also dominate in the playoffs bro. He was dropping 30 pts a game on 10 shots? Find another player that productive in the playoffs. Please. If not then your wrong again.

LeBron dominated in the playoffs without Wade or Bosh and he certainly didn't get carried by them the way David Robinson got carried by Tim Duncan.

David was older than Lebron has ever been. LMFAO. WTF are you even talking about. Your comparing a guy in his prime to a 34 year old. LOL stop.

Jordan couldn't get over the Pistons or Celtics (because his teammates sucked) but his production never waivered.
What? He had the efficiency of Allen Iverson when he was dropping 60 on the Celtics. Wow, you flip faster than a bird.

Hakeem also dominated. Tim Duncan dominated. Kobe dominated. Shaq dominated. Who didn't dominate? David Robinson.

Wrong, David dominated and was more efficient than all of these guys with ---- teams. When did Tim/Kobe/Shaq dominate a great team without big time help. Oh Kobe, against the no defense Suns???LOL. See this is what I'm talking about with you. You dog anything David did in the playoffs that was productive and say he went up against a weak team. Then you slob Kobe for quitting against a no defense suns team. LMFAO GTFOH

It's easy to keep posting stats but reality doesn't fit your narrative. He had a short career of elite regular seasons and they were usually coupled with mediocre playoff seasons. You can't say he had longevity because he didn't. You keep claiming I have an agenda.. what possible agenda do I have with a player as irrelevant as David Robinson. For Christ's sake, his career is remembered as one half of the twin-towers (Tim Duncan+David Robinson) with Duncan carrying him the full way. You're the one with the agenda because you're the only guy willing to say he was as good as his stats showed and then proclaim yourself the "victor" of these discussions. Sorry but the truth hurts. No one rates David Robinson as high as you do.. and if you think that makes me the one with the agenda, what does that tell you?

BLAH BLAH BLAH SMFH

Your analysis is way to hypocritical to even GAFFA