PDA

View Full Version : Which sophomores will grow the most?

mrblisterdundee
09-01-2016, 03:16 PM
The Ringer has been running a series on the future of the draft class of 2015, which looks to be one of the best-ever.
Obviously, different players are in different positions. Karl-Anthony Towns is the most important player in Minnesota, as is D'Angelo Russell in Los Angeles. Mario Hezonja (https://theringer.com/orlando-magic-mario-hezonja-2015-nba-draft-class-fd91301d10b0#.caieh01oc) is looking for a place in Orlando's rotation, as is Trey Lyles (https://theringer.com/trey-lyles-utah-jazz-secret-weapon-b3edb76c6ad9#.bvppbrspp) in Utah. Myles Turner (https://theringer.com/myles-turner-indiana-pacers-sweet-shooting-rim-protector-1acfb68a0f0c#.hgnefpqag) could become the second banana in Indiana.
Which sophomores do you think will have the biggest growth in production and/or importance to their team this season?

TheMightyHumph
09-01-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm hoping it is Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Mudiay could improve the most, and I think Booker becomes a huge piece of the Suns offense.

Scoots
09-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Porzingas hit the wall hard and the team around him including the coach has improved a LOT so he should improve considerably too.

Scoots
09-01-2016, 04:43 PM
I agree that this draft may well end up being one of the very best ever.

It's absurd how far down the quality in that draft goes ... but we knew that before the draft too.

All the way down to Josh Richardson, Larry Nance Jr., and Justin Anderson.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Porzingas hit the wall hard and the team around him including the coach has improved a LOT so he should improve considerably too.

he also has a high usage PG now, and vets who will command the ball. If anything, I hope his growth isn't stunted for this individual year.

hugepatsfan
09-01-2016, 05:12 PM
I think Terry Rozier in Boston can make a huge leap relative to where he was last year but I wouldn't put him in the same caliber as the guys mentioned.

Just to put it numerically, a guy who improves from a 4 to a 6 is more improvement than a guy who went from 7 to an 8 but you'd obviously rather have the 8 because the improvement there is more valuable.

slaker619
09-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Russell, Progz, and Winslow

warfelg
09-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I know some Sixers fans might call me a hypocrite for this because I say about how hard it will be for him to really get up to a high level or even at an average level in a lot of things.

However, Okafors defense and rebounding was so horrible his rookie year that he can easily be one of the players to look like he massively improves with slight upticks on many categories.

HOLD_THIS_L
09-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Off topic MIP Harrison Barnes. Yes I said it!

Sent from my N817 using Tapatalk

Crackadalic
09-01-2016, 07:11 PM
he also has a high usage PG now, and vets who will command the ball. If anything, I hope his growth isn't stunted for this individual year.

Problem with last season we kinda lean on him to be the 2nd option on offense and be our defensive cog at times which isn't fair tbh. He's going from playing once a week to 4 games a week with constant traveling. Lots of international players have this issue their first year. Idk if he will be the most improve sophomore (I'm going with mudiay as well) but he will definitely be more efficient with less of a burden to have to score.

TheMightyHumph
09-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Also hoping Chris McCullough

Stunner
09-01-2016, 09:59 PM
Bobby Portis , Christiano Felicio , Larry Nance

jerellh528
09-02-2016, 12:57 AM
D'Angelo Russell takes the biggest leap imo. No Byron, no Kobe, now a focal point of the team, and Luke Walton.

Aust
09-02-2016, 12:57 AM
I know some Sixers fans might call me a hypocrite for this because I say about how hard it will be for him to really get up to a high level or even at an average level in a lot of things.

However, Okafors defense and rebounding was so horrible his rookie year that he can easily be one of the players to look like he massively improves with slight upticks on many categories.

If he became just average in both of those that would be huge.

beasted86
09-02-2016, 02:55 AM
Going with a less popular option here: Kelly Oubre

I'd guess Hezonja gets a bigger role though

Blink
09-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Yeah my guess is Mudiay or Mario.

My Homer pick could be Stanley Johnson. But I just don't see him being a Huge threat offensively yet. But body wise he really was a man amongst rookies.

Mave1002
09-02-2016, 06:37 AM
D'Angelo Russell takes the biggest leap imo. No Byron, no Kobe, now a focal point of the team, and Luke Walton.

This. Welcome to the flow D'Angelow

warfelg
09-02-2016, 07:49 AM
If he became just average in both of those that would be huge.

At some point either search articles on how far he has to go to be average, or even stop by the Sixers forum.

Example:
Okafors DREB% his rookie year was 17.8%.
On average a players career DREB% is 2.7% higher than their rookie year.
Meaning an expected DREB% for Okafor would be 20.5%.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Problem with last season we kinda lean on him to be the 2nd option on offense and be our defensive cog at times which isn't fair tbh. He's going from playing once a week to 4 games a week with constant traveling. Lots of international players have this issue their first year. Idk if he will be the most improve sophomore (I'm going with mudiay as well) but he will definitely be more efficient with less of a burden to have to score.

I would want Porz with more of a burden. If he is going to be a star, it should start showing in year 2.

ewing
09-02-2016, 06:30 PM
KP duh