PDA

View Full Version : Old stuff

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Shammyguy3
09-01-2016, 02:42 PM
everyone please read the rules and let me know if there's a major problem with them

IKnowHoops
09-01-2016, 11:58 PM
I'll play
by myself
Joined PSD when the Heatles formed and I was looking for inside news every day and stumbled upon this site

AI
09-02-2016, 12:35 PM
I like the auction thing, sounds interesting but I also think it may cause some problems. If we have to get two players via the bidding process, we might get 1-2 teams that are clearly stacked and just imagine if they also get a good draft spot. Kinda defeats the purpose of the game if there's a clear winner from the get-go.

xnick5757
09-02-2016, 07:24 PM
i understand its coming from the top, but no chatzies is gonna be ****** when PSD servers take a massive dump like they always do. theres a reason everyone moved to the chatzies (they were so much better)

Shammyguy3
09-02-2016, 09:37 PM
i understand its coming from the top, but no chatzies is gonna be ****** when PSD servers take a massive dump like they always do. theres a reason everyone moved to the chatzies (they were so much better)

This past game there was only one time the servers went out, they really aren't bad anymore.

As far as concerns over some teams getting stacked, it is entirely up to the GMs to put a value on certain players. If you are worried that someone might get Lebron and say Blake Groffin, then it was the leagues GMs own fault for not evaluating properly

ThomasTomasz
09-02-2016, 11:42 PM

If the servers take a dump, then we will discuss the chatzy use then (perhaps everyone should PM a good contact email to Shammy in case we do have any issues that need to be communicated immediately- he can send the email to himself, and BCC everyone else for privacy issues.)

Simply put, there are some things that have happened on the chatzy's that make it really hard to enforce certain rules on PSD (and posting personal information has been something that has happened, but because it happened on the chatzy we can't bring action to it unless it's posted on the forum.) Activity as far as posts and threads go is always nice, but please trust me when I say that that issue is second here. Helping the moderators make this go smoother is the #1 reason, and that was requested by multiple moderators who run the redrafts and have been involved with them.

Shammyguy3
09-03-2016, 11:24 AM
If any clarifications or worries are needed please post them here!

mngopher35
09-03-2016, 06:01 PM
So when it says heavy hard cap but no trading restrictions does that mean at the end we have to be below 100 Mil but throughout the game we can go over?

Lets say we have 5 bids out and win 3 (or more) in the auction, how is it chosen which players we actually get? Up to us to just pick 2 and the other goes to next highest bidder?

Do all players not taken in the auction get drafted with their current NBA salary as of today (and what site will we use)? Also will draft order be random or based on something in the Auction (like most cap space left or something)?

Shammyguy3
09-03-2016, 07:18 PM
So when it says heavy hard cap but no trading restrictions does that mean at the end we have to be below 100 Mil but throughout the game we can go over?

You can NEVER go over the hard cap

Lets say we have 5 bids out and win 3 (or more) in the auction, how is it chosen which players we actually get? Up to us to just pick 2 and the other goes to next highest bidder?
We won't have that many players at the same time, two to four at most per auction. And the likelihood of someone winning three auctions at the same is impossible because of the number of teams we will have, and the risk GMs would take if they have only 20M in cap space for 7 roster spots ya know?

Do all players not taken in the auction get drafted with their current NBA salary as of today (and what site will we use)? Also will draft order be random or based on something in the Auction (like most cap space left or something)?

I was gonna ask everyone this first question. Draft order will be based on most cap space yes; going down to the least amount. I should put that in the actual rules thread thanks for pointing that out

Raps18-19 Champ
09-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Regular redraft.

Shammyguy3
09-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Regular redraft.

Boring

AI
09-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Boring

I've never found them boring. Plus it's entertaining, you have to strategize according to the picks and trades you make. The fact that anyone can bid high for two players and win them then pick up good cheap players in the next rounds is pretty meh in my book but I'm in this either way.

Shammyguy3
09-05-2016, 11:42 AM
I've never found them boring. Plus it's entertaining, you have to strategize according to the picks and trades you make. The fact that anyone can bid high for two players and win them then pick up good cheap players in the next rounds is pretty meh in my book but I'm in this either way.

Not true - if you waste $80,000,000 of your payroll on two players the rest of your team will suck; also - how is there not any strategy involved in this game? It's simply HARDER, and it evens the playing field because every GM is given the chance to value the top players in the game. In a regular Redraft, Lebron doesn't fall past 2, 3 if you're crazy. Curry won't fall past 3/4, Durant past 3/4, Leonard/Paul/Davis/Westy all in the top-8.

But now, you can have 20 GMs compete for one player and see who values who more. So, you have to have a strategy for how valuable a top-heavy team is (insert two superstar guys, and 8 cheap players to fill out the rest of your roster just to stay under the cap), while having maybe one superstar, and a top-30ish player with a much better balanced team....

Shammyguy3
09-05-2016, 12:05 PM
i've updated the rules slightly and gone into more detail so please take a look

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?913752-2016-Redraft-Game-Rules&p=31148570#post31148570

AI
09-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Not true - if you waste $80,000,000 of your payroll on two players the rest of your team will suck; also - how is there not any strategy involved in this game? It's simply HARDER, and it evens the playing field because every GM is given the chance to value the top players in the game. In a regular Redraft, Lebron doesn't fall past 2, 3 if you're crazy. Curry won't fall past 3/4, Durant past 3/4, Leonard/Paul/Davis/Westy all in the top-8.

But now, you can have 20 GMs compete for one player and see who values who more. So, you have to have a strategy for how valuable a top-heavy team is (insert two superstar guys, and 8 cheap players to fill out the rest of your roster just to stay under the cap), while having maybe one superstar, and a top-30ish player with a much better balanced team....

Not true. A team can value LeBron at $40M, Melo at $20M and then get a good draft spot and pick up Towns and other cheap players. Plus it makes the whole "hard cap" thing a moot point. Like I said, I'd rather a regular redraft where it's more of an even playing field but I'm still in this either way. Just think that the auction thing will cause way too much disparity between the teams and people will eventually lose interest. If it's auction in the 1st round, that would make more sense, but two players? Meh.

jakub
09-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Agree on the regular RD. This doesn't seem very skillful to be honest.

Shammyguy3
09-05-2016, 09:52 PM
what we have so far

1. Killthesux
2. Raidaz
3. Valade
4. Quinn
5. Mngopher
6. TO RapZ
7. Raps08_09
8. Xxplayerxx23
9. Sadds
10. AI
11. Lucky & Jets
12. Dhopisthename
13. Xnick
14. Jon32
15. Mr. Baller
16. ThomasTomasz
17. Murphturph
18. Iknowhoops
19. mamba42
20. richiesaurus310
21. jakub
22. TrueFan420 (needs a CO!)

Shammyguy3
09-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Not true. A team can value LeBron at $40M, Melo at $20M and then get a good draft spot and pick up Towns and other cheap players. Plus it makes the whole "hard cap" thing a moot point. Like I said, I'd rather a regular redraft where it's more of an even playing field but I'm still in this either way. Just think that the auction thing will cause way too much disparity between the teams and people will eventually lose interest. If it's auction in the 1st round, that would make more sense, but two players? Meh.

Melo will not be had for only $20,000,000, and if you pair Melo with Lebron that doesn't clinch a win.

The disparity between teams will happen regardless because you will have good teams and bad, especially in a regular redraft where teams cannot compete around Kyle Lowry - Paul Millsap versus Lebron/+ two other top 50 players.

Agree on the regular RD. This doesn't seem very skillful to be honest.

We shall see

xnick5757
09-06-2016, 01:29 PM
22 is more then enough

AI
09-06-2016, 01:45 PM
We're at 23 right now. UTB signed up in the nba forum thread.

Shammyguy3
09-06-2016, 02:18 PM
i think 23 works but we'll keep the signup thread open for another day or so

TrueFan420
09-06-2016, 04:46 PM
im not sure how i feel about this bidding process

Ebbs
09-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Forum is a dump. I agree chatzy sucks, ruined the games to some extent. But **** going backwards. Forums are dying, accept it, it's inevitable.

I also don't think the auction idea will play well. Though I'm curious.

Edit: I'm still in.

Ebbs
09-06-2016, 05:01 PM
It took me 10 minutes to write that damn post on this stupid platform lmao.

Shammyguy3
09-06-2016, 06:48 PM
lol nice sig Ebbs

unleashthebeast
09-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Damn, Ebbs quit and came back already. This came is starting off hot.

Quinnsanity
09-06-2016, 09:27 PM
This no chatzy thing is nonsense.

Sadds The Gr8
09-07-2016, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't mind the new draft style, but I was expecting regular RD. The new way seems interesting to me, but I'll roll with the majority if thats what everyone wants.

no chatzies sucks

jon32
09-07-2016, 07:33 AM
It's not completely no chatzy tho I thought they said ? If I and someone else were looking to deal then I can send a chatzy no?

I always find in group chatzy everyone just talks about other **** rather than the re draft anyway.

Ebbs
09-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Which is the best part of these games.

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 11:45 AM
It's not completely no chatzy tho I thought they said ? If I and someone else were looking to deal then I can send a chatzy no?

I always find in group chatzy everyone just talks about other **** rather than the re draft anyway.

yes you can PM chatzies, but we won't be having a public chatzy like in the past

Ebbs
09-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Ok, I'm confused. You can only win two people from the auctions and we're drafting the rest? (We should do regular, I think this will be a mess.)

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Ok, I'm confused. You can only win two people from the auctions and we're drafting the rest? (We should do regular, I think this will be a mess.)

You can win 2, 1, or 0. I just edited the rules to further clarify even before i saw this post.

To simplify for explanation, say these are the teams
Ebbs
Sadds
Player
Nick

Ebbs wins two players through the auction
Sadds and Player 1 through the auction
Nick did not win any

Nick will get first draft choice. Then, at that point Nick, Sadds, Player all have one player on their team. The order at that point will be determined by amount of cap left (more cap space is the tiebreaker). Say Sadds has the most cap space and Player the least

Sadds picks
Nick picks
Player picks

now Ebbs, Sadds, Nick, Player all have the same number of players. Again draft order will be based on total cap space. Say Player has the most cap space now, Sadds next, Nick next, Ebbs next. The snakedraft order is set because all teams in the league have the same number of players.

Draft order:

Player
Sadds
Nick
Ebbs
Ebbs
Nick
Sadds
Player
Player
Sadds
Nick
Ebbs
etc

Ebbs
09-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Ok so follow up question.

I get two guys in the auction but have 80 mill left in cap.

sadds, nick, and player all drafted two players but they all have less cap.

I'd pick first once we all had two guys correct?

Sadds The Gr8
09-07-2016, 01:13 PM

it's understandable with a mod running this game, but we could easily talk in chatzies if we wanted to.

AI
09-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Regular redraft would be so much easier/better.

valade16
09-07-2016, 02:08 PM
So we are only auctioning off the first 2 Rounds worth of players? Is there a set list of players we're auctioning off? I feel sorry for whoever whiffs on everyone lol

TrueFan420
09-07-2016, 02:17 PM
KDSpursMan and I are going to Co together

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Regular redraft would be so much easier/better.

Let's try something new and see how it goes

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 02:40 PM
So we are only auctioning off the first 2 Rounds worth of players? Is there a set list of players we're auctioning off? I feel sorry for whoever whiffs on everyone lol

i was thinking these players 9 per position
Point Guards
Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, Irving, Lowry, Wall, Conley, Thomas

Shooting Guards
Harden, Butler, Thompson, Wade, DeRozan, Beal, Bledsoe, Oladipo, Wiggins

Small Forwards
Lebron, Durant, Leonard, George, Melo, Giannis, Gallinari, Batum, Hayward

Power Forwards
Davis, Draymond, Griffin, Aldridge, Millsap, Towns, Love, Dirk, Favors

Centers
Cousins, M. Gasol, Drummond, Jordan, Whiteside, Howard, Noah, Horford, Gobert

45 players listed

valade16
09-07-2016, 04:33 PM
^ Other than Hayward on both the SG and SF lists looks good.

TrueFan420
09-07-2016, 04:49 PM
might have missed it but the rules say you can bid on multiple players per round. example shows 3 players but does not set a cap on players. I think there should be a cap so GM's are forced to chose not only a select list of players they want to target but will also have x targets per round. otherwise we can just bid x dollars on all 20 available players each round

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Just fixed it

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Each round will only have 2-4 players so that shouldn't be a problem. You cannot acquire more than 2 players total so once someone reaches that cap they are done with the auction portion of the game

TrueFan420
09-07-2016, 05:39 PM
so i just need confirmation. first round we can submit bids on all 20 players in the pool of players you posted? yes or no

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 05:59 PM
so i just need confirmation. first round we can submit bids on all 20 players in the pool of players you posted? yes or no

First group will be
Lebron Curry Durant
Something like that, all teams can bid. Once the 24 hours is over the next group will be posted
Second group will be
Westbrook Leonard Paul
All teams can bid, 24 hours expire and the next group will be open for auction

TrueFan420
09-07-2016, 06:26 PM
First group will be
Lebron Curry Durant
Something like that, all teams can bid. Once the 24 hours is over the next group will be posted
Second group will be
Westbrook Leonard Paul
All teams can bid, 24 hours expire and the next group will be open for auction
o ok... so the groups of players we can bid on are pre-determined and we 24 hours to come up with their value to us. I thought it was we pick x number of players we want to bid on per each round

richiesaurus310
09-07-2016, 06:34 PM

Can't someone just pm the whole league a chatzy that we swear won't be the public chatzy for this game?

TrueFan420
09-07-2016, 06:45 PM
lol

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 07:41 PM
o ok... so the groups of players we can bid on are pre-determined and we 24 hours to come up with their value to us. I thought it was we pick x number of players we want to bid on per each round
Yeah every team will be able to internally think about bidding on a handful of players at a time

Mr. Baller
09-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Please do regular redraft

AI
09-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Please do regular redraft

This. A thousand times. :(

Mr.Nate30
09-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Open spot?

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 08:40 PM
If everyone wants to fine, I don't care but I thought this would add something new to a dying game

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Open spot?

Make a clubhouse or CO with Brewer

hughest4
09-07-2016, 08:52 PM
I think the auction is worth a try.
I do auction style fantasy drafts and they are a lot of fun.

dhopisthename
09-07-2016, 09:22 PM
I think the auction is worth a try.
I do auction style fantasy drafts and they are a lot of fun.

agreed. auction fantasy drafts take a lot more skill and allows people to get the players they want if they don't get a draft position. This isn't a fantasy auction draft since its silent, I really want to see how this goes. I would also quit if we did a normal redraft.

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Dhop has spoken!

Raps18-19 Champ
09-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Regular!

Raps18-19 Champ
09-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Do the regular redraft and run this next time or maybe in a sub forum game to test it out.

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Do the regular redraft and run this next time or maybe in a sub forum game to test it out.

Sub forum games are not run anymore. And why not run it this time if you want to do it next time? I don't see why everyone should be opposed to making a twist to the game (it's also been mentioned before by multiple users about having an auction game too, so it's not just me)

Raps18-19 Champ
09-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Sub forum games are not run anymore. And why not run it this time if you want to do it next time? I don't see why everyone should be opposed to making a twist to the game (it's also been mentioned before by multiple users about having an auction game too, so it's not just me)

Well it seems like only the minority only want it run.

I wouldn't even have joined if I knew that we were running under these set of rules.

AI
09-07-2016, 10:26 PM
I just think it's stupid to allow a team to have the ability to bid on both LeBron and Curry, regardless of how much of their cap it eats up. Under no scenario, should a team be allowed to do such a thing. In a regular redraft, you'd have to trade your 2/3/4 for a 1/5/6/ in order to draft two good players. In an auction, not only could you get two solid players, but you'll also be able to draft from 3-10 and get even more. I just think that it's going to create WAY too much disparity between the teams and GM's will eventually lose interest. It's an interesting idea, but I've never had a problem with regular redrafts. They've always been fun, which is why most of us keep signing up every year to participate in these things.

TrueFan420
09-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Yeah every team will be able to internally think about bidding on a handful of players at a time

For sure when you posted that list of top 10 at each position I thought that was the list for the first round of bidding. 50 players per round would been crazy.

TrueFan420
09-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Maybe do a vote on which redraft we do?

mngopher35
09-07-2016, 10:32 PM
I thought this was a pretty cool twist personally. It allows everyone the chance at the top players and adds another dynamic for gms to separate themselves. I am fine with whatever but would rather try this.

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 10:38 PM
I just think it's stupid to allow a team to have the ability to bid on both LeBron and Curry, regardless of how much of their cap it eats up. Under no scenario, should a team be allowed to do such a thing. In a regular redraft, you'd have to trade your 2/3/4 for a 1/5/6/ in order to draft two good players. In an auction, not only could you get two solid players, but you'll also be able to draft from 3-10 and get even more. I just think that it's going to create WAY too much disparity between the teams and GM's will eventually lose interest. It's an interesting idea, but I've never had a problem with regular redrafts. They've always been fun, which is why most of us keep signing up every year to participate in these things.

While technically it is possible for a GM to get two players like Lebron/Curry - that is ultimately up to all of the GMs in identifying how valuable certain guys are. If a GM values Lebron/Curry at $45,000,000 a piece, and nobody else in the league (meaning, the other 24+ GMs) didn't value either one of them at $45,000,001 then the league collectively didn't value them as much as a single GM.

It's not me giving a GM the ability to get both, it is the other 24+ GMs that gave him that opportunity. Then, it is up to the GM to get 8 players valued at less than $10,000,000 to fill out a roster. Meaning he'd be left with something like this, a list of complete nobodies.

Stephen Curry
Anthony Bennet $1,015,696
Lebron James
Bobby Portis $1,404,600
Christian Wood $874,636

and bench players even worse. That above is already $93,294,932 for a cap hit. Only $6,705,068 to fill out their bench. In the playoffs (if they made it), if just one of Curry/Lebron are in foul trouble they lose a game.

Even bums like Richard Jefferson $2,500,000 cost that much.

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Well it seems like only the minority only want it run.

I wouldn't even have joined if I knew that we were running under these set of rules.

it seems it's split half and half actually

Shammyguy3
09-07-2016, 10:45 PM
I thought this was a pretty cool twist personally. It allows everyone the chance at the top players and adds another dynamic for gms to separate themselves. I am fine with whatever but would rather try this.

that's what i expected everyone's reactions to be. Ebbs retired, heard of the new rules and came back for a new challenge lol

dhopisthename
09-07-2016, 11:01 PM

I think you are vastly undervaluing what lebron and curry will go for. I don't think its possible to outbid 20 whatever teams twice for the top two guys. Plus as shammy pointed out even if you got them the rest of your team would be really bad

valade16
09-07-2016, 11:11 PM

At first I shared your sentiments but after some thought I highly doubt it will happen. First, there are over 20 teams bidding. There is a 0% chance 1 team bids high enough to get both Bron and Curry and still have enough salary to fill a team of more than min. Salary players.

I actually think it will create more parity.

Super.
09-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Anyone need a CO?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Shammyguy3
09-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Anyone need a CO?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Brewer does! private message him

Sadds The Gr8
09-08-2016, 01:31 AM
i don't want ppl quitting after the auction if they think it's dumb, then we end up having like 14 gms left. I think doing a regular redraft is safest...

doing the auction then having ppl quit would be a huge waste of everyones time

murphturph
09-08-2016, 04:02 AM
I Like the auction snake style

Shammyguy3
09-08-2016, 08:07 AM
i don't want ppl quitting after the auction if they think it's dumb, then we end up having like 14 gms left. I think doing a regular redraft is safest...

doing the auction then having ppl quit would be a huge waste of everyones time

If people are gonna quit then **** them honestly

Lucky.
09-08-2016, 09:39 AM
The auction is worth a try. I just skimmed through the rules real quick and I think the way Shammy has it set up everything will be fine. Auctioning off the first two rounds of players and then drafting the rest is different from what I was initially expecting, but I think it could work.

I have no idea how someone can say that this takes less skill. Relying on the luck of getting a top 6-8 pick is not skill, which is what you need to win a regular NBA RD. With this everyone has the same exact chance to win as everyone else, so no excuses. If you suck, you suck. If you win, it's because you were better.

And I couldn't agree more with Shammy's post above this. If people start quitting because they built a terrible team, they shouldn't be in this game anyway.

jon32
09-08-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm open to either way but I wouldn't mind trying out the auction....seems like it could be risky and fun.

Ebbs
09-08-2016, 11:20 AM
At my desk job today if y'all are board and want to chat some hoops/.

Giannis94
09-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Brewer does! private message him

I just tried to slide into his DM's. Hopefully he doesn't put me in the friend zone.

murphturph
09-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Question: When the snake draft begins and you draft a player, do you take on that players 2016 - 2017 NBA player salary? For example, if I drafted Cole Aldrich am I committed to his $7,643,979 this season?

Super.
09-08-2016, 01:50 PM
I get why PSD doesn't want chatzys...but it's still pretty stupid

Super.
09-08-2016, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't mind doing a full auction game either, but this seems different enough to be fun

Giannis94
09-08-2016, 01:52 PM
I get why PSD doesn't want chatzys...but it's still pretty stupid

It's good if you have time to kill on a laptop but other than that, yeah its kind of pointless.

Shammyguy3
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Question: When the snake draft begins and you draft a player, do you take on that players 2016 - 2017 NBA player salary? For example, if I drafted Cole Aldrich am I committed to his $7,643,979 this season?

Yes we will use their upcoming salary, I wanted to ask which site we should use (hoops hype?)

@super
Yeah a full auction game would be cool, but it would take way too long so we will see how this goes first

jon32
09-08-2016, 04:11 PM
I wish Raidaz would check in so we can start and I could draft a mediocre team that I vastly overrate and drunkenly freak out when I dont get votes.

Shammyguy3
09-08-2016, 04:22 PM
I wish Raidaz would check in so we can start and I could draft a mediocre team that I vastly overrate and drunkenly freak out when I dont get votes.

Lol you'll do fine, I regret ranking your all time team so low looking back at it

hughest4
09-09-2016, 01:19 AM
Anticipated start date for this?

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 06:04 AM

Tomorrow, Friday at some point

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 06:04 AM

Tomorrow, Friday at some point

AI
09-09-2016, 08:32 AM
If we're going to do the auction thing, then my only suggestion would be that teams can't trade the players they win before the auction portion of the redraft is over. I could win a bid for LeBron, ship him off for pick upgrades then buy two more players and continue to do so. Let's do it right then, no trades that involve players before the auction part of the redraft is over. That way, teams are forced to bid on the guys they want to keep.

TrueFan420
09-09-2016, 10:38 AM
can it wait till Tuesday

Giannis94
09-09-2016, 10:57 AM
If we're going to do the auction thing, then my only suggestion would be that teams can't trade the players they win before the auction portion of the redraft is over. I could win a bid for LeBron, ship him off for pick upgrades then buy two more players and continue to do so. Let's do it right then, no trades that involve players before the auction part of the redraft is over. That way, teams are forced to bid on the guys they want to keep.

I like this idea.

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 11:53 AM
can it wait till Tuesday

the first group of players will be open for bid today, but each GM has 24 hours to send in their private bid for them. And you have a CO right? Shouldn't be a problem to get on one time for 10 minutes and send in the bid

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 11:57 AM

If you win the bid for Lebron, you've spent a lot of money right. No team that won him would trade pick upgrades for him. If you have Lebron, why would you trade him for 3rd/4th/5th round pick upgrades? And then risk having to pay the same much for a lesser player, or end up not winning any other players in the auction.

Also - the draft lineup won't be set up until after the auction process is over, so that completely negates your worries about what a GM might do.

AI
09-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Don't say no team would do that. If you trade LeBron he doesn't count on your cap anymore. I could win the bid for him, trade him and my 5 for a 3/4 (regardless of what spots those picks are in). You've essentially traded him for pick upgrades and can easily bid on two more players with your full cap space. I don't like the trading players during the auction portion, I'd eliminate that from the game and would only allow it as soon as we start the regular portion of the draft.

Super.
09-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Why dont we just let it run as an experiment and see if it works. Can't hurt can it? Hell we can always just do a normal one afterwards if you guys hate this one so much

Super.
09-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Any idea on timeframe? Just curious

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Don't say no team would do that. If you trade LeBron he doesn't count on your cap anymore. I could win the bid for him, trade him and my 5 for a 3/4 (regardless of what spots those picks are in). You've essentially traded him for pick upgrades and can easily bid on two more players with your full cap space. I don't like the trading players during the auction portion, I'd eliminate that from the game and would only allow it as soon as we start the regular portion of the draft.

Ahhhh i see what you are saying now.

I just added the bolded to the rules. Now, to make it clear:

Auction Portion: Private; Can bid on multiple players at a time, however you cannot acquire more than 2 players through this bidding process.Teams can acquire 0, 1, or 2 players via this bidding process, and you CANNOT trade those players until AFTER the auction portion is over and the snakedraft has been set (when every team has 2 players). I will make a post to start the bidding for certain players in the designated thread. Teams will have 24 hours to send in their private bids (LIMIT OF ONE BID PER PLAYER). The players will go to the highest bidder respectively.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 12:25 PM
I just tweaked the rules thanks to AI pointing out a loophole. If nobody else notices anything blatantly wrong that should be fixed, the game will start today.

Timeframe, probably in the next few hours will the first bid be open. At the moment that thread is made, every GM has 24 hours to send in private bids for the players in that first group.

Sadds The Gr8
09-09-2016, 01:14 PM
after sleeping on it, I'm excited to try this now. Just hope ppl dont quit. Like super says, if it sucks, we can run it back the old style

AI
09-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Cool. How many players are going to be posted per auction group?

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 01:44 PM
after sleeping on it, I'm excited to try this now. Just hope ppl dont quit. Like super says, if it sucks, we can run it back the old style

:clap:

TrueFan420
09-09-2016, 01:52 PM

i believe 3 but that might not be enough. id suggest 5 the top PG, SG, SF, PF and C

TrueFan420
09-09-2016, 01:56 PM
the first group of players will be open for bid today, but each GM has 24 hours to send in their private bid for them. And you have a CO right? Shouldn't be a problem to get on one time for 10 minutes and send in the bid
lol i know ill easily be able to do the bid. just wanted it have my undivided attention for the day otherwise id have to actually work at work

TrueFan420
09-09-2016, 01:58 PM
I know the bidding is going to be private but can you post the winning bid as some take their time update their club houses and as GM's we need to see where the market is being set

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 01:59 PM

i believe 3 but that might not be enough. id suggest 5 the top PG, SG, SF, PF and C

4-5 for most, maybe 6 near the last couple rounds depending how it goes

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 02:00 PM
I know the bidding is going to be private but can you post the winning bid as some take their time update their club houses and as GM's we need to see where the market is being set

yup i'm making the thread right now, after every round every player with their salary will be posted for all to see

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Auction Group (Four Per Group)
1 - Lebron, Curry, Durant, Leonard
2 - Paul, Westbrook, Davis, Harden
3 - Griffin, George, Green, Cousins
4 - Butler, Thompson, Aldridge, Lillard

Auction Group (Five Per Group)
5 - Irving, Melo, Lowry, Millsap, Wall
6 - M. Gasol, Towns, Love, Jordan, Horford
7 - Wade, CJ McCullom, Nowitzki, Whiteside, Howard
8 - Conley, DeRozan, Hayward, Antetokounmpo, Drummond,
9 - Bledsoe, Wiggins, Gallinari, Favors, Gobert
10 - I. Thomas, Middleton, Batum, Beal, Ibaka
11 - Dragic, Oladipo B. Lopez, P. Gasol, Noah

that's 51 players available for bid

is what i think we'll roll with

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Auction Group (Four Per Group)
3 - Griffin, George, Green, Cousins
4 - Butler, Thompson, Aldridge, Lillard

Auction Group (Five Per Group)
5 - Irving, Melo, Lowry, Millsap, Wall
6 - M. Gasol, Towns, Love, Jordan, Horford
7 - Wade, CJ McCullom, Nowitzki, Whiteside, Howard
8 - Conley, DeRozan, Hayward, Antetokounmpo, Drummond,
9 - Bledsoe, Wiggins, Gallinari, Favors, Gobert
10 - I. Thomas, Middleton, Batum, Beal, Ibaka
11 - Dragic, Oladipo B. Lopez, P. Gasol, Noah

that's 51 players available for bid

is what i think we'll roll with

Ebbs
09-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Kinda wish it was auction up to 5 players. Going to be real dull for 10 days if you get two early sorta thing. Or if you don't get any..

TrueFan420
09-09-2016, 04:24 PM
very interested in seeing how the market is set after the first round im sure someone will send a lot on lebron

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Kinda wish it was auction up to 5 players. Going to be real dull for 10 days if you get two early sorta thing. Or if you don't get any..

That would make it worse, because a greater number of teams will have no players if teams can get up to five

Lucky.
09-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Just a suggestion, but once bidding is over for a player and you post what they went for, I think you should also post the next closest bid. You don't have to show what GM it is, just the price. That way we know if we could have gotten that player for 8M less, or just barely beat someone out.

Or not, it was just an idea.

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Just a suggestion, but once bidding is over for a player and you post what they went for, I think you should also post the next closest bid. You don't have to show what GM it is, just the price. That way we know if we could have gotten that player for 8M less, or just barely beat someone out.

Or not, it was just an idea.

i was gonna do it like this

Auction Group 1
Lebron James: 25,000,000 winning bid; $24,500,000; $24,000,000; $23,900,000
Stephen Curry: etc
Kevin Durant: etc
Kawhi Leonard: etc

show the winning bid in bold, and the next three best bids after. So essentially what you suggested but slightly more :D

Lucky.
09-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Oh, alright. Sounds good. I think that's a good idea.

TrueFan420
09-09-2016, 06:36 PM
I like that as well because the bidding process is blind it would be helpful to get a feel for how players are being valued.

Also if a GM wins on more than two bids, lets say 3, do they get to pick the two the want out of the 3

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 06:41 PM
I like that as well because the bidding process is blind it would be helpful to get a feel for how players are being valued.

Also if a GM wins on more than two bids, lets say 3, do they get to pick the two the want out of the 3

in the unlikely event where that happens, they will get the most expensive players. It is impossible for someone to bid and win 3 bids in a single round (just because of the number of teams and limited cap space). But let's say someone has 1 player already won, and they win 2 players in another auction group. They will be granted whichever player they bid the most money on. (The other player they don't get, and will go to the next highest bidder)

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 08:00 PM
thus far 8 people have sent in their bids

Lucky.
09-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I went from:

"I probably won't get any of these players"

To:

"It will probably be close"

All the way to:

"Uh oh, I think I overpaid"

So I actually have no clue, which is what makes this fun, I think.

jon32
09-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Lol exactly my thoughts too

Raps18-19 Champ
09-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Sorry but just to be sure, we can technically have bids that total over the $100 mi cap rightl?

Because in the rules thread, I saw this.

Team D Private Messages Shammy
Bid on Lebron $38,000,000
Bid on Curry $32,000,000
Bid on Durant - $39,000,000

That's technically over $100 mil. I see the rules 2 players but if it was say $55 mil to Lebron and $55 mil to Curry?

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Sorry but just to be sure, we can technically have bids that total over the $100 mi cap rightl?

Because in the rules thread, I saw this.

That's technically over $100 mil. I see the rules 2 players but if it was say $55 mil to Lebron and $55 mil to Curry?

yeah thats fine

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 08:55 PM
i agree with what you guys are saying, i have no idea where the value for these guys will fall

also, Raidaz just VMed me and dropped out he says he doesn't have internet right now, so new roster of 26 teams

AI
Brewer94 & Super.
dhopisthename
Ebbs
hughest4
IKnowHoops
jakub
jon32
kdspurman & Truefan420
killthesux
Lucky & Jets
mamba42
mngopher35
Mr. Baller
Mr.Nate30
murphturph
Quinnsanity
Raps08-09 Champ
richiesaurus310
Sadds the Gr8
ThomasTomasz
TO Rapz
unleashthebeast
valade16
xnick5757
xxplayerxx23

Raps18-19 Champ
09-09-2016, 09:21 PM
What if you win 3 or 4 bids? Do you get to choose who you want or how do we figure that out (widest gap between the bids, etc)? Can you also reject after you've won a bid?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-09-2016, 09:24 PM
I once had over 250 posts in a lounge.

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 09:27 PM
What if you win 3 or 4 bids? Do you get to choose who you want or how do we figure that out (widest gap between the bids, etc)? Can you also reject after you've won a bid?

Good questions. Since everyone is able to send in bids on every player, if someone sends in a bid like
$55M for Lebron
$50M for Durant
$48M for Curry
$40M for Leonard

Let's say they win the bid for all of the players. The GM will get Lebron because that was the highest bid there. Since they only have $45M in cap space left, they can't get their bids for Durant or Curry because it puts them over the cap. But, since the bid for Leonard was the highest and did not put them over the cap, then they are granted Lebron and Leonard.

At that point, they have spent $95,000,000 on Lebron and Leonard and only have $5,000,000 in cap space. They must fill out a 10-man roster, either drafting dirt-cheap players or trading one of Lebron/Leonard after the snake-draft is set.

As far as forfeiting/rejecting a player after winning them with the bid, nope you have to take that player because you put a bid on that player. You either keep him or trade him later in the game.

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 09:33 PM
yeah i remember coming home from work/school and getting a chance to read 300+ lounge posts over an hour as i ate dinner lol

Raps18-19 Champ
09-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Good questions. Since everyone is able to send in bids on every player, if someone sends in a bid like
$55M for Lebron
$50M for Durant
$48M for Curry
$40M for Leonard

Let's say they win the bid for all of the players. The GM will get Lebron because that was the highest bid there. Since they only have $45M in cap space left, they can't get their bids for Durant or Curry because it puts them over the cap. But, since the bid for Leonard was the highest and did not put them over the cap, then they are granted Lebron and Leonard.

At that point, they have spent $95,000,000 on Lebron and Leonard and only have $5,000,000 in cap space. They must fill out a 10-man roster, either drafting dirt-cheap players or trading one of Lebron/Leonard after the snake-draft is set.

As far as forfeiting/rejecting a player after winning them with the bid, nope you have to take that player because you put a bid on that player. You either keep him or trade him later in the game.

What if in your scenario, they bid $55 mil on Lebron and Curry (or whoever) and win both but can only have 1 due to cap restrictions? Do you pick then or is it based on the wider gap (with the 2nd best bid)?

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 09:56 PM
What if in your scenario, they bid $55 mil on Lebron and Curry (or whoever) and win both but can only have 1 due to cap restrictions? Do you pick then or is it based on the wider gap (with the 2nd best bid)?

I think it's most fair to give them the player where there was the widest gap between their bid and the second highest

Lebron $55M, second highest $54

Curry $55M, second highest $50

the GM will get Stephen Curry because there was another GM that valued Lebron similarly

Raps18-19 Champ
09-09-2016, 10:01 PM
I think it's most fair to give them the player where there was the widest gap between their bid and the second highest

Lebron $55M, second highest $54

Curry $55M, second highest $50

the GM will get Stephen Curry because there was another GM that valued Lebron similarly

I think the GM should be able to choose the player (inform the winning GM but keep other votes anonymous until they decide so it doesn't affect who gets the other player).

If the 2nd best bid is pretty close, that would most likely mean that player is better, meaning the winning GM would more than likely want that player. I'd be pretty mad if I got Curry in that scenario when Lebron is the better player.

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 10:08 PM
I think the GM should be able to choose the player (inform the winning GM but keep other votes anonymous until they decide so it doesn't affect who gets the other player).

If the 2nd best bid is pretty close, that would most likely mean that player is better, meaning the winning GM would more than likely want that player. I'd be pretty mad if I got Curry in that scenario when Lebron is the better player.

You can easily tell me who you want more by making their bids non-identical. If you prefer Lebron, make it $55,000,001 and leave Curry at $55,000,000.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Then I'd have to bid $39,999,999 on Kawhi and it would suck if someone bid $40 mil.

Also, what if you tie with someone else?

Shammyguy3
09-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Then I'd have to bid $39,999,999 on Kawhi and it would suck if someone bid $40 mil.

Also, what if you tie with someone else?

Then bid $40,000,001

nobodies making you bid exact even numbers, bid $48,962,751 if you want.

If somebody ties with someone else then we'll have those two teams send in one more bid each greater than the tied bid and whichever is higher it will go to that person

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Then bid $40,000,001

nobodies making you bid exact even numbers, bid $48,962,751 if you want.

If somebody ties with someone else then we'll have those two teams send in one more bid each greater than the tied bid and whichever is higher it will go to that person

Well in that scenario, I'd have to bid the $39,999,999 to make Kawhi fit under the $100 mil. But guess that's not a big deal.

If there's a "bid-off" for say Lebron at $55 mil and also won Kawhi at $40 mil, I assume the Kawhi pick won't lock in until after the bid-off correct? I would probably prefer to bid $65 mi to ensure I win Lebron but wouldn't be able to do that if the Kawhi pick is locked into my salary (since I'd have $60 mil to spend).

AI
09-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Can we increase the # of players available per auction group or something? As currently structured, the auction part will take like 11 days to complete. That's going to be extremely boring.

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Can we increase the # of players available per auction group or something? As currently structured, the auction part will take like 11 days to complete. That's going to be extremely boring.

if everybody sends in bids then it can go faster, the point of the auction game is not to have it take only two days

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 10:15 AM
less than 5 hours left for group 1 bids to be sent in, thus far i have 16 out of 26

AI
09-10-2016, 11:18 AM
if everybody sends in bids then it can go faster, the point of the auction game is not to have it take only two days

And if they don't? It'll be 11 days for what technically are the first 2 rounds. That's like saying, if everyone made their picks fast it can go faster, doesn't always work like that but atleast there's a clock running. 24 hour periods per auction group? Sweet baby jesus that's going to be boring.

richiesaurus310
09-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Yea it really should go faster, why not double or at least do 6 players at a time? There's little action during this process, it's gonna take too long. It should take a week max. Although I must say I'm excited to see how the auctions play out.

dhopisthename
09-10-2016, 12:40 PM
I went from:

To:

All the way to:

I think there will probably be a few guys who made bids forgetting that this year even average guys are making 10-15 mill and will have to take very mediocre players.

Sadds The Gr8
09-10-2016, 12:59 PM
agreed. we should do like 10 at a time

valade16
09-10-2016, 01:50 PM
I went from:

To:

All the way to:

Lol, I did the same.

I just have no clue how much people are going to bid.

richiesaurus310
09-10-2016, 02:03 PM
I think I bid way too high myself, but I guess I'll find out shortly

Sadds The Gr8
09-10-2016, 02:31 PM
the way u guys are talkin, i surely lost these bids lol

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 03:09 PM
what the **** is everyone's hurry, that's my question

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Because usually the longer these games go, interest drops.

murphturph
09-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Well I'm excited to find out what Lebron went for

Sadds The Gr8
09-10-2016, 03:15 PM
what the **** is everyone's hurry, that's my question
it's essentially 11 days for 2 rounds when a regular redraft could get through 2 rounds in like 2 days. ppl will get bored and lose interest quick with football starting.

exhibit A: The mock.

Super.
09-10-2016, 03:17 PM
exhibit A: EVERY mock.

ftfy

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 03:26 PM
And if they don't? It'll be 11 days for what technically are the first 2 rounds. That's like saying, if everyone made their picks fast it can go faster, doesn't always work like that but atleast there's a clock running. 24 hour periods per auction group? Sweet baby jesus that's going to be boring.

it's essentially 11 days for 2 rounds when a regular redraft could get through 2 rounds in like 2 days. ppl will get bored and lose interest quick with football starting.

exhibit A: The mock.

These games die near the end of the game when it takes too long, not near the beginning. At some point, GMs that have ****** teams will lose interest. But delaying the beginning of the game shouldn't have that effect because nobody's team is god-awful yet

dhopisthename
09-10-2016, 03:29 PM
holy crap 65 mill? yeah thats way too much. the rest of your roster is really going to suffer

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm not opposed to having more players up for auction at a time, but the moment we do that some GMs will complain that if they had known earlier on they had no chance at Player A, they would've focused time on the other stars. And, if they knew they would've won a bid on Player B, they wouldn't have bothered bidding on Player C and overpaid.

That's why I was having 4 or 5 players per group.

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Haha I love it, although if the other guys were remotely similar it means I missed out. I agree that's a lot but hey, he got the best player in the nba...

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 03:32 PM
there's a certain GM that had the highest bid for 3 players, but can't get all 3 of them because obviously he is over the hard-cap.

Would anyone be opposed to letting that GM pick which of the 3 players he wants to keep?

murphturph
09-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Can you straight up buy a player from someone else's team?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 03:36 PM
I think you can make the pool bigger and time shorter as we get into the all stars or secondary star. No need for guys like Lowry or Demar or Isiah to take up 24 hours of our day. .

jon32
09-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Holy cow.......60m for Lebron.......gonna be hard to build around that jesuse

dhopisthename
09-10-2016, 03:37 PM
there's a certain GM that had the highest bid for 3 players, but can't get all 3 of them because obviously he is over the hard-cap.

Would anyone be opposed to letting that GM pick which of the 3 players he wants to keep?

I don't have a problem with it

jon32
09-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Crap just noticed there were 5 60m+ bids.

dhopisthename
09-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Crap just noticed there were 5 60m+ bids.

yeah I am not getting anyone unless people didn't bid for the other guys. thats way too much.

valade16
09-10-2016, 03:41 PM

In the future you should have the bid be in order of preference of who they'd want if they win multiple bids.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 03:42 PM
yeah I am not getting anyone unless people didn't bid for the other guys. thats way too much.

It does give other teams good options if they win like $20 mil bids for 3 stars.

valade16
09-10-2016, 03:45 PM
It does give other teams good options if they win like $20 mil bids for 3 stars.

Except you can only get a max of 2 players via Auction right?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 03:46 PM
In the future you should have the bid be in order of preference of who they'd want if they win multiple bids.

He did mention that you should do like $1 more but that was only last night so other people bid probably.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Except you can only get a max of 2 players via Auction right?

Oh lol I forget yea.

valade16
09-10-2016, 03:49 PM
He did mention that you should do like $1 more but that was only last night so other people bid probably.

No I mean if a guy bids and wins 2 bids at the same auction but that puts him over the cap instead of going back and asking which he wants to keep the original bid should specify...

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 03:50 PM
No I mean if a guy bids and wins 2 bids at the same auction but that puts him over the cap instead of going back and asking which he wants to keep the original bid should specify...

Well he did say that if you win 2 or more bids, whichever is higher is the one you get.

So if you prefer player A over B, bid player A as $65,000,001 mil and bid player B as $65,000,000 mil. So if you win both, you get player A at $65,000,001 mil.

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 04:14 PM
The other bid results will be posted in a couple minutes

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 04:25 PM
I think you can make the pool bigger and time shorter as we get into the all stars or secondary star. No need for guys like Lowry or Demar or Isiah to take up 24 hours of our day. .

ok, the next round will be 24 hours but the rounds after that we can set it to less time with 6+ guys

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 04:29 PM
wow I messaged myself the bids, I'm so pissed

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Wait maybe not, it's not in my inbox and says it went to you in my sent messages Shammy?

dhopisthename
09-10-2016, 04:31 PM
wow leonards bids were such more lower then the other guys. I will take it

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Wait maybe not, it's not in my inbox and says it went to you in my sent messages Shammy?

i got yours, no worries, you just lost :P

and yeah, first group dhop got the best value in my opinion

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 04:33 PM
wow leonards bids were such more lower then the other guys. I will take it

I bid $60 mil on Kawhi (and Durant as well).

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 04:36 PM
i got yours, no worries, you just lost :P

and yeah, first group dhop got the best value in my opinion

Khawi: 39,350,001

Dhop has him for less?

valade16
09-10-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't see how a team that spent $60 mil on 1 player can even fill a 10 man roster honestly. $40 mil for 9 players is $4.4 mil avg for the other players.

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Khawi: 39,350,001

Dhop has him for less?

you're right, my bad man! i just double checked and yours indeed was higher

dhop, you did not win Leonard unfortunately

dhopisthename
09-10-2016, 04:49 PM
wow thats brutal to lose like that.

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't see how a team that spent $60 mil on 1 player can even fill a 10 man roster honestly. $40 mil for 9 players is $4.4 mil avg for the other players.

Personally, i think Lebron at $50-$55M is doable if you know how to get the right guys around him. Curry, i would've topped his at around $47M, Durant around $45M, and Leonard around $35M

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 04:59 PM
you're right, my bad man! i just double checked and yours indeed was higher

dhop, you did not win Leonard unfortunately

wow thats brutal to lose like that.

Ok cool, thanks for checking again Shammy. You owe Dhop a beer for giving him that joy of having Kawhi only to rip it away. I was so mad when I thought I mis sent my message.

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 05:00 PM

Well you can get the leftovers starting at 1 million if no one matches so maybe have 3-4 of them? 36 mil for 5-6 players is tough but maybe doable...

Shammy thinking about it there should probably be a roster limit so someone who misses out on players doesn't just block a bunch of free agent attemps afterwards with extra cash?

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 05:09 PM
I think I already have it in there that you can only bid on free agents to get up to the 10 man roster

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 05:10 PM
You need to take players off the auction list.

There's 51 players available but a cap of 2. That would mean each team (but 1) has to bid on 2 players and that would be near impossible.

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 05:12 PM
You need to take players off the auction list.

There's 51 players available but a cap of 2. That would mean each team (but 1) has to bid on 2 players and that would be near impossible.

You're right, it would've worked when we had 27 teams but Raidaz dropped out

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Cut it down to 40 players or something. It would speed up the process.

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 05:20 PM
I think I already have it in there that you can only bid on free agents to get up to the 10 man roster

"If you do not have a 10 man roster, you will do the following:"

Whoops my bad you are right I missed that line or just forgot it. Good call haha

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Cut it down to 40 players or something. It would speed up the process.

I'll take a look at the players and cut them down

Lucky.
09-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Daaaaaaaaamn those prices. Today I learned I'm not getting any players through auction lol

I really wanted Kawhi, too :shrug:

mngopher35
09-10-2016, 07:07 PM
I still have no idea how the prices are going to look this round lol

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 07:49 PM
i'm with you guys, i have no idea how much these guys should be valued properly in a game like this

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Auction Group (4 per group)

Auction Group (7 per group)
3 - Griffin, George, Green, Cousins, Butler, Thompson, Aldridge
4 - Lillard, Irving, Melo, Lowry, Millsap, Wall, Towns
5 - M. Gasol, Love, Jordan, Horford, Whiteside, Wade, Nowitzki
6 - CJ McCullom, Conley, DeRozan, Hayward, Antetokounmpo, Howard, Drummond
7 - Bledsoe, Wiggins, Gallinari, Favors, Thomas, Middleton, Oladipo

We now have only 43 players for auction

per requests to speed up the game, and also because we now only have 26 teams. If anyone thinks one of those players should be replaced with a specific player, please let me know ASAP so we can decide if we should swap someone.

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Auction Group (4 per group)

Auction Group (7 per group)
3 - Griffin, George, Green, Cousins, Butler, Thompson, Aldridge
5 - M. Gasol, Love, Jordan, Horford, Whiteside, Wade, Nowitzki
6 - CJ McCullom, Conley, DeRozan, Hayward, Antetokounmpo, Howard, Drummond
7 - Bledsoe, Wiggins, Gallinari, Favors, Thomas, Middleton, Oladipo

We now have only 43 players for auction

per requests to speed up the game, and also because we now only have 26 teams. If anyone thinks one of those players should be replaced with a specific player, please let me know ASAP so we can decide if we should swap someone.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 10:13 PM
I'd probably have guys like Batum, Pau Gasol, and Bosh over Oladipo, Wiggins, Bledsoe, Favours, etc.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2016, 10:14 PM
I'd probably have guys like Batum, Pau Gasol, and Bosh over Oladipo, Wiggins, Bledsoe, Favours, etc.

Ebbs
09-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Holy **** I under shot that lol

Shammyguy3
09-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Yeah I thought everyone was gonna skip Leonard, my first 8 bids you were the only one with an offer on him Ebbs

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 02:17 AM
i've got 12 bids so far

mngopher35
09-11-2016, 02:37 AM
i've got 12 bids so far

Did you get one from everyone last time? (sorry if you said somewhere and I missed it)

I will likely send mine in late again, I had 37 mil for Leonard last night before bed. I clearly need to sleep on it before sending.

Sadds The Gr8
09-11-2016, 02:54 AM
I thought the max bids would be 55m. surprised there were bids in the 60s. this will be interesting as it goes along

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 03:14 AM
Did you get one from everyone last time? (sorry if you said somewhere and I missed it)

I will likely send mine in late again, I had 37 mil for Leonard last night before bed. I clearly need to sleep on it before sending.

Only 17 out of the 26 teams sent in bids last round

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 03:14 AM
I thought the max bids would be 55m. surprised there were bids in the 60s. this will be interesting as it goes along

Yeah, GMs have been nuts. Somebody sent in a bid for Lebron that was higher than what he went for, but they sent it in past the 24 hour mark.

jon32
09-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Really wish I was as cheap with real money as I am with fantasy redraft money.

xxplayerxx23
09-11-2016, 10:11 AM
I bid way lower than that for those guys lmaon

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 12:23 PM
^Any other thoughts on those players?

jon32
09-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Batum over Oladipo is the only one I'd change I think

mngopher35
09-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Batum over Oladipo is the only one I'd change I think

I was gonna say at least flip these two. Bosh is a total unknown to me.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-11-2016, 02:30 PM
If you're going to have Bledsoe there, I can't see why you can't have Bosh there. Bosh played more games the past year than Bledsoe (and about the same the past 2-3 years).

Wiggins, Dipo isn't warranted over Gasol or Batum.

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 03:25 PM
is this cool with everyone

3 - Griffin, George, Green, Cousins, Butler, Thompson, Aldridge,
5 - M. Gasol, Love, Jordan, Horford, Whiteside, Wade, Nowitzki,
6 - McCullom, Conley, DeRozan, Hayward, Antetokounmpo, Howard, Drummond
7 - Bledsoe, Gallinari, Pau Gasol, I. Thomas, Middleton, Bosh, Batum

replaced Dipo, Favors, Wiggins with Batum, Pau, Bosh respectively

Raps18-19 Champ
09-11-2016, 03:33 PM
That looks fine.

AI
09-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Question... If I bid $1M on Lillard and win the bid, I pay him the $1M or what he actually makes in real life?

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Question... If I bid $1M on Lillard and win the bid, I pay him the $1M or what he actually makes in real life?

$1M of course!

AI
09-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Ehhhhhh... :hide:

jon32
09-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Arggg......shouldn't have changed my Chris Paul bid last second

valade16
09-11-2016, 05:23 PM
So Sadds has $84 committed to CP3/Harden? He has $16 Mil for 8 players? Is that even possible lol

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 05:27 PM
So Sadds has $84 committed to CP3/Harden? He has $16 Mil for 8 players? Is that even possible lol

I love the duo, but probably not lol. He'll have to trade one of them at some point to fill out the roster

Mr. Baller
09-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Thanks sham for updating my clubby for me!

Wake me up when we get to round 7 for the auction

dhopisthename
09-11-2016, 08:20 PM

sure its possible with rookie contracts. he wouldn't win anything, but its possible.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Maybe he only wanted to win 1 of them.

Sadds The Gr8
09-11-2016, 08:59 PM
WTF? I won 2 bids? :facepalm:

I'm failing miserably at ballparking these bids

Raps18-19 Champ
09-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Davis and Westy cost a lot more than the 2nd bid.

Sadds The Gr8
09-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Davis and Westy cost a lot more than the 2nd bid.

true. I guess it could be seen as a bargain

Raps18-19 Champ
09-11-2016, 09:09 PM
I think players should be given the option to pick and choose what they want to do (keep 1 or both) if they win both bids.

Like I'd be fine paying CP3 or Harden +$40 mil but not if I were to get both of them.

Shammyguy3
09-11-2016, 09:57 PM
I was really excited for this game, i thought it would add a new twist and make people consider how valuable these players are on the whole. And thought, the hard-cap would really make users think about Lebron at $45,000,000 and a scrub vs guys like Lowry - Millsap at a combined $50M or something.

I think a lot of users are getting caught up with wanting to WIN a bid, and not thinking about how to actually utilize the cap space appropriately.

Just a word of advice to all GMs: THINK before you BID.

That is all.

richiesaurus310
09-11-2016, 10:33 PM
I disagree, I think if you bid the highest you should be stuck with both. There will be a trade market for these guys when the snake part starts... You have to have stars to win this, regardless of their price tag people will want to trade for them.

AI
09-12-2016, 12:19 AM
I don't want to be a negative nancy Shammy, but I was against this from the beginning and so far the early returns have been pretty bad. It's been pretty boring and the bids make no sense whatsoever.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 12:27 AM
I don't want to be a negative nancy Shammy, but I was against this from the beginning and so far the early returns have been pretty bad. It's been pretty boring and the bids make no sense whatsoever.

the bids not making sense is not on me, it's on people bidding ridiculous amounts on players without thinking about it.
Meh on you being against it from the start, half the GMs are for it. The game isn't over anyway. The people that bid $60M on a single player will be **** out of luck if they can't field a competitive team. Further, i think users will appreciate this more once we get into these next auctions. Yes, it's more boring early because every GM had the opportunity to bid on the top players in the game. Now that the superstar players are all gone, the timing will go by faster.

Also - i do anticipate users liking this variant of the game because you will not need Lebron to win. The GMs that made smart bids will reap the rewards.

PS: you're face is boring

Ebbs
09-12-2016, 01:18 AM
yea no, if you win two, you win two.

I might've overpaid for Davis lol. But guesstimating these is a **** show. Not to mention you don't win on PSD without a top 10 player.

Lucky.
09-12-2016, 08:33 AM
yea no, if you win two, you win two.

I might've overpaid for Davis lol. But guesstimating these is a **** show. Not to mention you don't win on PSD without a top 10 player.

Could be different this game. Teams with top players could struggle to fill out their roster. A well rounded team top to bottom could very well win.

Ebbs
09-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Now when I'm bored at work, that'd be an excellent time to have a chatzy.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Now when I'm bored at work, that'd be an excellent time to have a chatzy.

you can chat with zMEy here :)

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2016, 12:20 PM
i didnt realize how much i liked chatzy until we banned it. I hate talking here

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 12:24 PM
i didnt realize how much i liked chatzy until we banned it. I hate talking here

it'll take some getting used to but maybe you'll learn to love it again

Ebbs
09-12-2016, 12:27 PM
No we won't. Because this forum is bad and outdated. As are all forums lol..

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 12:32 PM
No we won't. Because this forum is bad and outdated. As are all forums lol..

with that attitude who knows how much longer we can even run these games on here

valade16
09-12-2016, 12:41 PM
I am really interested to see the teams after this. Because some of these guys are so expensive, and their salary locked in, I'm not sure what Trades they could do other people will have the cap for.

Lucky.
09-12-2016, 12:42 PM
I don't think this has been bad thus far? I can't wait to see each round of players posted. I still think this is the only way to make a regular NBA RD competitive for all teams involved.

And the bids are fine. That's the whole point, not knowing what's going to happen. Some GMs have a different approach than spending 50+M on one player, and all it takes is one GM to bid a lot. If you want a player you have to be that one GM and bid a lot. Bid a lot and still got outbid? Well either they bid an absurd amount and hurt themselves or they barely beat you out, which is how it goes sometimes.

It's just like the most recent NFL RD all over again. Some GMs are going to be smart with their money and decision making, and they'll be rewarded for it later on.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I don't think this has been bad thus far? I can't wait to see each round of players posted. I still think this is the only way to make a regular NBA RD competitive for all teams involved.

And the bids are fine. That's the whole point, not knowing what's going to happen. Some GMs have a different approach than spending 50+M on one player, and all it takes is one GM to bid a lot. If you want a player you have to be that one GM and bid a lot. Bid a lot and still got outbid? Well either they bid an absurd amount and hurt themselves or they barely beat you out, which is how it goes sometimes.

It's just like the most recent NFL RD all over again. Some GMs are going to be smart with their money and decision making, and they'll be rewarded for it later on.

100% agree and i think after a couple more rounds people will be more intrigued because they won't have to bid against every GM knowing that certain GMs have no money or roster space to bid on players, making smart investments in guys all the more valuable

Lucky.
09-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Klay-George duo is awesome.

The eight other undrafted (literally, players that went undrafted) on your roster, are not.

Kind of surprised that I got a player there. Now I'm wondering if I overpaid if no one else wanted him as much lol.

TO Rapz
09-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Damn didn't think I'd get Klay and George but that's such an awesome duo. Will probably move one.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 01:15 PM
GMs with no players yet (15 teams)
AI
Brewer94 & Super.
dhopisthename
IKnowHoops
jon32
kdspurman & Truefan420
killthesux
mamba42
Mr.Nate30
murphturph
Quinnsanity
ThomasTomasz
unleashthebeast
valade16
xnick5757

GMs with one player (7 teams)
Ebbs: Anthony Davis $48,100,000

hughest4: Jimmy Butler $38,000,001

jakub: Russell Westbrook $57,000,000

Lucky & Jets: LaMarcus Aldridge $29,800,000

Mr. Baller: Kevin Durant $57,000,103

Raps08-09 Champ: Stephen Curry $60,000,000

richiesaurus310: Lebron James $65,000,003

GMs with two players and can no longer bid (4 teams)
mngopher35:
Kawhi Leonard $39,350,001
Blake Griffin $35,350,002
remaining cap: $25,299,997

Sadds the Gr8:
Chris Paul $43,000,000
James Harden $41,000,000
remaining cap: $16,000,000

TO Rapz:
Paul George $50,000,002
Klay Thompson $45,000,000
remaining cap: $4,999,998

xxplayerxx23:
Draymond Green $40,000,000
DeMarcus Cousins $37,000,000
remaining cap: $23,000,000

Ebbs
09-12-2016, 01:17 PM
with that attitude who knows how much longer we can even run these games on here

Been a reality for two years.

Damn didn't think I'd get Klay and George but that's such an awesome duo. Will probably move one.

LMAO? Probably? You can't fill a roster with 5 mill it's impossible. You're gonna get DQed if you don't.

I feel better about Davis considering Klay went for 45 LMAO.

murphturph
09-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Question: We are drafting and buying players based on how talented we think they will be during the 2016-2017 season correct?

Ebbs
09-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Gopher may have to move one but he has a chance to keep both with 25 mill left.

Green / Boogie would be something in real life. No team ever would have more techs.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Question: We are drafting and buying players based on how talented we think they will be during the 2016-2017 season correct?

pretty much

jon32
09-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Damn...was so close on that last group......had the 2ND highest bid a couple.....thought I'd be able to get George for sure.

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2016, 01:35 PM

lol 95/100m...

same **** happened to me. thought I'd get Harden, not CP3

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2016, 01:35 PM
who's trolling with the 14m bids lol?

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Arggg......shouldn't have changed my Chris Paul bid last second

trade me for him later then

Shammyguy3
09-12-2016, 01:39 PM
who's trolling with the 14m bids lol?

lol not sure it's trolling but i did chuckle; i think the idea was hoping everybody totally neglects one of those group 3 players, and that his bid ended up being the only bid and Griffin, George, et. al. would've been dirt cheap