PDA

View Full Version : (74-59) Boston Red Sox vs Oakland Athletics (57-76)

Green_Monster
08-31-2016, 09:06 PM
Game 1: Friday at 10:05pm
David Price vs Andrew Triggs

Game 2: Saturday at 9:05pm
Rick Porcello vs TBD

Game 3: Sunday at 4:05pm
Eduardo Rodriguez vs Kendall Graveman

RedSoxtober
09-01-2016, 09:20 AM
I really like our chances with Sunday's TBD vs TBD matchup. (FWIW, MLB.com now has it listed as EdRo vs Graveman, 10-9, 3.96)

AI
09-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Someone posted this over at SoxProspects. Goes to show you just how incompetent Farrell is at using his bullpen...

Here is Abad's breakdown since the trade:

vs. LHB: 17 PA .125/.176/.313, 7 K (41.2%), 1 BB (5.9%)
vs. RHB: 30 PA .375/.500/.417, 4 K (13.3%), 6 BB (20.0%)

Abad has been really, really good at the job he was acquired to do. The problem is that Farrell is having him do someone else's job too. Some of the anti-Farrell stuff is far too overblown, but this is a mistake that I don't think most other managers would make. A lefty one-out guy pitches to lefties and should only face righties in the lowest levarage situations.

sawxfan
09-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Someone posted this over at SoxProspects. Goes to show you just how incompetent Farrell is at using his bullpen...

Sure, but what are his other options? Ziegler can also barely pitch to a lefty, Tazawa seems to be done, Barnes has been rough, Kimbrel is for the ninth, Uehara is giving up dingers, Buch has lost all confidence. Robbie Ross is the only consistent reliever that has been serviceable to both lefties and righties.

Dombrowski really needed to go get a reliever. For whatever reason, he didn't. Let's hope Joe Kelly is lights out and Koji is back to his old self.

Green_Monster
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
In the worst case scenario of Wright being out for the season, I think Rodriguez has shown us that he's more than capable of pitching in the playoffs if needed.

Green_Monster
09-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Moncada is going to be incredible once he polishes up his game. That will come with expierence. Talent level is just so ridiculous.

Lackeyfan41
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
No hitter through 7 for E-Rod.

Soxfan85
09-04-2016, 06:28 PM
No hitter through 7 for E-Rod.

:shush:

Pats Canadiens
09-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Atta boy Farrell. Put your closer in another non save situation.

#BullpenProblems #ManagerProblems

win red sox
09-04-2016, 06:50 PM
the bullpen will be the downfall of this team, don't forget the excellent play by Holt in LF.

RedSoxtober
09-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Sure, but what are his other options? Ziegler can also barely pitch to a lefty, Tazawa seems to be done, Barnes has been rough, Kimbrel is for the ninth, Uehara is giving up dingers, Buch has lost all confidence. Robbie Ross is the only consistent reliever that has been serviceable to both lefties and righties.

Dombrowski really needed to go get a reliever. For whatever reason, he didn't. Let's hope Joe Kelly is lights out and Koji is back to his old self.
I think that his point was that Abad has been a very good LOOGY. He's just being used incorrectly (not that that's a surprise).

Atta boy Farrell. Put your closer in another non save situation.

#BullpenProblems #ManagerProblems
This was actually a move that made sense IMO. Heart of the order, tie game in the 9th, on the road. If he's got a clean inning in him then Kimbrel sets the team up with potentially two shots in the 10th and 11th.

I hate the way "save" is defined and the reflexive way in which closers are expected to be used.