PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to Chris Bosh?

6man
08-31-2016, 05:07 PM

Apparently Bosh and his party are frustrated with The Heat being so silent on his situation. Simple question, what do you think happens with him this coming season?

As long as he doesn't play more than 10 games his money comes off the books for the Heat this summer but I don't think they can keep him from playing.

Do you think there will be a buyout negotiated to get him off the books? If so does he want to join his buddy D-Wade in Chicago along with Jimmy and Rondo?

Does he go to a top contender and put them over the top?

Hell he might even go to the Cavs and the Cavs trade Love for Wade and we have a big 3 reunion lol.

Or he could just stay in Miami.

Pretty interesting topic in my opinion and a big name player who could potentially be on the buyout market if things don't go as he wants.

Scoots
08-31-2016, 05:14 PM
I think he plays somewhere this season. At least a little. Whether it's to screw the Heat or just out of passion for the game I don't know.

TrueFan420
09-01-2016, 01:12 PM
I think he plays somewhere this season. At least a little. Whether it's to screw the Heat or just out of passion for the game I don't know.

Can't it be both Scoots

beasted86
09-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Miami is going to play Bosh.

They know they can't force him to medically retire because some team will reevaluate him and clear him and play him. There have already been reports of Bosh finding his own doctors to clear him, as well as media reports from 3rd party independent doctors saying that they feel his condition can be managed to minimize the risks.

So the team management isn't going to go that route knowing the eventual outcome is them paying Bosh one way or another.

Bosh will play for the team next season and they will seek trade partners if necessary down the line later on once his stock has recouped.

AllBall
09-05-2016, 09:12 AM

Umm, yeah. He's playing.

6man
09-05-2016, 10:35 AM

Umm, yeah. He's playing.

Still doesn't look like it according to the latest reports.

da ThRONe
09-05-2016, 11:26 AM
He's traded. Miami does better to pass him on and take what they can get. Bosh isn't retiring before this season starts and he's still talented enough for some team to take a chance on him for the right price. Right now the Heat needs to sell not only Bosh but Dragic as well. Once they lost Wade it became time to tank.

Clint Olbrock
09-05-2016, 12:33 PM

Umm, yeah. He's playing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/heat-blog/sfl-miami-heat-ask-ira-micky-arison-s090216-story.html

Q: I wonder if Micky Arison's comments are really a preemptive move in anticipation of a lawsuit by Chris Bosh and/or the union, who are bound to claim the Heat never wanted Bosh to return or intended to allow him to play, in order to get out from his contract. -- David.

A: Or it simply could have been a tweet from a team owner glad to see his player working out in advance of training camp. Look, I don't think Wednesday's night tweet(the one you linked AllBall), by itself, is an indication, one way or the other, of whether Chris Bosh gets back on the court in contact situations. There still have to be physicals not only for Bosh, but for every player on the roster. And remember, even if Chris doesn't return to the court immediately, or going forward, he still was expected in camp, just as he was with the Heat during the playoffs, including on the court with teammates during pregame shootarounds. And there really, even with all the convoluted language in the collective-bargaining agreement, are not many (or even any) ways for the Heat to get Bosh's salary off the books unless there is an overwhelming consensus that he no longer can play. With the information at hand, I'm not sure anyone knows what will happen in camp, during the preseason, or beyond. In fact, I hardly would classify, "Looking good CB" and "look forward to seeing in camp," as "comments," when it comes to what Micky Arison offered in his 140 characters. Well-wishing is not the same as policy setting.

AllBall
09-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Ira's gonna Ira. :rolleyes: Fool is trying to draw up clicks in the summer. You can pay attention to what the ORGANIZATION is saying INCLUDING players or, you can go ahead and believe sensationalist journalism if you prefer. Bosh will be suited up and playing opening day. Will he be out of commission by the ASG for the 3rd year in a row is the real question.

Clint Olbrock
09-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Ira's gonna Ira. :rolleyes: Fool is trying to draw up clicks in the summer. You can pay attention to what the ORGANIZATION is saying INCLUDING players or, you can go ahead and believe sensationalist journalism if you prefer. Bosh will be suited up and playing opening day. Will he be out of commission by the ASG for the 3rd year in a row is the real question.

I'm not sure I agree.

Will he be in camp? Sure, he has to no matter if he is participating in contact drills or not. Will he be cleared for contact drills? Not sure I buy that.

Dribbling through cones is much different than practicing with other players and a far cry from a game.

Idk anything about the reporter himself and its irrelevant, the logic still applies.

The owner wishing hin well holds no water on if Bosh will suit up or not.

JordansBulls
09-05-2016, 11:35 PM
He will get bought out and go to Chicago.

prodigy
09-06-2016, 01:51 AM
I'm sure pat Riley will chance him out of Miami too.

6man
09-06-2016, 11:58 AM

They would be pretty damn good if that were to happen and Bosh had his blood clots under control.

mrblisterdundee
09-06-2016, 06:57 PM

Unless LeBr- I mean Cleveland wants him.

Clint Olbrock
09-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Unless LeBr- I mean Cleveland wants him.
I'm not sure of the fit but I'd take him. Even if it wasn't 100% sure his clotting issue was resolved.

I doubt he would come to the Cavs for the minimum but stranger things have happened(Cavs coming back from down 3-1 to beat the team who holds most wins in a single season).

Clint Olbrock
09-09-2016, 08:29 PM
http://thesportsdaily.com/chris-bosh-hasnt-been-cleared-by-heat/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chris-bosh-hasnt-been-cleared-by-heat
Still not been cleared by team.. To even practice.

Vee-Rex
09-10-2016, 01:29 PM
It's tanking time.

da ThRONe
09-10-2016, 03:45 PM
It's tanking time.

It's tanking time regardless of Bosh's status. Which I wouldn't read to much into the not being cleared for practice reports. MIA is going to be real careful about clearing Bosh. They want to make sure if they bring him back this won't happen again so they don't take the cap hit if he plays at all this year.

mrblisterdundee
09-10-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure of the fit but I'd take him. Even if it wasn't 100% sure his clotting issue was resolved.

I doubt he would come to the Cavs for the minimum but stranger things have happened(Cavs coming back from down 3-1 to beat the team who holds most wins in a single season).

Bosh and Thompson can both play as and defend power forwards and centers. They provide a lot of versatility. Bosh is also a significantly better offensive player with three-point range.
See of Bosh can still play long-term. If so, that gives Cleveland the opportunity to try and trade Kevin Love for more depth or another star wing.

Clint Olbrock
09-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Bosh and Thompson can both play as and defend power forwards and centers. They provide a lot of versatility. Bosh is also a significantly better offensive player with three-point range.
See of Bosh can still play long-term. If so, that gives Cleveland the opportunity to try and trade Kevin Love for more depth or another star wing.

If he hypothetically goes there, who sits of those 3 though?

Federal Reserve
09-11-2016, 02:12 AM
This question is impossible to answer, given that no doctor on PSD has viewed Bosh's medical records.

FlashBolt
09-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Tricky case for Miami. I would try to trade him tbh. He's not going to be better than he was a few years ago and you don't want to risk a death and be blamed for it. If I'm Bosh, I'd give it one more try and if it comes up again, just retire. Two rings, he's had a HOF career... I always shitted on him for being soft and getting dominated in the frontcourt but watching Love be that ineffective for the Cavs made me realize how important Bosh was to LeBron's game.