PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Playoffs (Round 3): 2. Knicks vs 3. Spurs

Shammyguy3
08-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the NBA Mock Offseason Playoffs. We changed a few rules and completely got rid of conferences, so the best 16 teams made the playoffs. Please vote for which team you would think would win in a 7 game series. Consider this as if it were the 2017 Playoffs. Also, do take time to read the GM's arguments as to why they'd win. Thank you and have fun!

#2 Knicks
PG: John Wall | Mario Chalmers | Mo Williams
SG: JR Smith | Marcus Thornton
SF: Kevin Durant | Luc Mbah a Moute | Tayshaun Prince
PF: Anthony Davis | Spencer Hawes
C: Brook Lopez | Roy Hibbert

#3 Spurs
Stephen Curry - Elfrid Payton - Jameer Nelson - Jordan McRae
Solomon Hill - Alec Burks
Kawhi Leonard - Jonathon Simmons
Kenneth Faried - Noah Vonleh
DeMarcus Cousins - Nene Hilario

Redrum187
08-30-2016, 04:16 PM
Spurs. Curry/Leonard/Cousins is a pretty sick trio.

Giannis94
08-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Why does it say the spurs have 2 votes but when clicked ot only shows 1 username? I'm on mobile and knowing psd it's probsbly a glitch.

Shammyguy3
08-30-2016, 10:01 PM
Why does it say the spurs have 2 votes but when clicked ot only shows 1 username? I'm on mobile and knowing psd it's probsbly a glitch.

Redrum's post says Spurs but he didn't vote on the poll so i added him

Spurs. Curry/Leonard/Cousins is a pretty sick trio.

added your vote to the poll *****

JAZZNC
08-31-2016, 12:12 PM
Spurs win this one easily IMO. Cousins can't be guarded by anyone, they have the best back court by far and have a guy to make life as difficult as it can be for Durant. Plus A.D. will be in street clothes by the playoff any way.

Shammyguy3
08-31-2016, 12:23 PM
Spurs win this one easily IMO. Cousins can't be guarded by anyone, they have the best back court by far and have a guy to make life as difficult as it can be for Durant. Plus A.D. will be in street clothes by the playoff any way.

i will add your vote to the poll

Giannis94
08-31-2016, 12:43 PM

If you want to take off-court actions into effect here then Cousins will be suspended for a few gamesm the chemistry will be terrible and the coach will be fired at some point during the season or after the season.

NYKalltheway
08-31-2016, 01:12 PM
Knicks have the depth. Quality is similar. If it was 3 on 3, it'd be Spurs, but it's a NBA playoff series, so Knicks have the edge imo.

Giannis94
08-31-2016, 01:17 PM
Knicks have the depth. Quality is similar. If it was 3 on 3, it'd be Spurs, but it's a NBA playoff series, so Knicks have the edge imo.

Bruh, you ever here of Solomon Hill?

Shammyguy3
08-31-2016, 01:21 PM

PG: Mario Chalmers | Mo Williams
SG: Marcus Thornton
SF: Luc Mbah a Moute | Tayshaun Prince
PF: Spencer Hawes
C: Roy Hibbert

PG: Elfrid Payton - Jameer Nelson - Jordan McRae
SG: Alec Burks
SF: Jonathon Simmons
PF: Noah Vonleh
C: Nene Hilario

I think the Spurs bench is better at PG, SG, and C; Knicks are better at SF and PF. I think the depth is very similar overall

JAZZNC
08-31-2016, 01:48 PM
If you want to take off-court actions into effect here then Cousins will be suspended for a few gamesm the chemistry will be terrible and the coach will be fired at some point during the season or after the season.
Also very true!

bloomis1307
08-31-2016, 02:51 PM
This is a close one, a team write ups?

Shammyguy3
08-31-2016, 03:27 PM
This is a close one, a team write ups?

Curry is true best player, Leonard is the 3rd best at worst, Cousins will not be contained by the slow footed Lopez. The best defender in this series is Leonard guarding Durant. Spurs will out rebound as well.

valade16
08-31-2016, 03:33 PM
KD, AD and Wall

Curry, Kawhi and Boogie

Those are some seriously good big 3's. I like the Knicks supporting cast a little better but I like the Spurs Big 3 more.

I think Kawhi will do a better job on KD than Wall on Curry (though if the GM has stats on how Wall has done vs Curry I'm all ears).

Leaning Spurs as of now.

Sadds The Gr8
08-31-2016, 06:35 PM
Knicks definitely the better fitting team.

Solomon Hill at SG? wtf?

Giannis94
08-31-2016, 08:28 PM
KD, AD and Wall

Curry, Kawhi and Boogie

Those are some seriously good big 3's. I like the Knicks supporting cast a little better but I like the Spurs Big 3 more.

I think Kawhi will do a better job on KD than Wall on Curry (though if the GM has stats on how Wall has done vs Curry I'm all ears).

Leaning Spurs as of now.

You want to view it as 5 seperarate games of 1 vs. 1? Sounds good to me. The difference between Solomon Hill and Jr Smith and Brook Lopez vs. Faried is a war that the New Look Knicks will win eyerday that ends in Y.

You do realize that starting Solomon Hill at SG makes it 4 vs. 5 and with Faried, it makes it closser to 3.5 vs. 5. Smith will have plenty of open looks if Cousins is on the court- which is no guarnatee as he is always in foul trouble.

Further, we are also very likely to put AD on Cousins as Faried doesn't pose much of a threat and if we lose the series because Faried beats us, then more power to SAS.

As far as your comment on Curry and Wall, it's unjustly bias to look at the matchups in terms of absolute value. Hwoever, I'm not sure why you think Kawhi would do better on KD than Wall on Curry.

I will conecede that Kawhi is an elite defender and he has the accolades to back it up but in 29 career matchiups Kevin Durant still averages 27.00 PPG against Kawhi (.40 below career average) while Kawhi averages 15.32 PPG (1.04 points above career average). What's this mean exactly? 29 games is sunbatial amount, and while he is an elite defender against most players, against Kevin Durant, thus far at least, he has yet to show up.

Link used:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/players/kevin-durant/comparison/14/21/295/391

kdspurman
09-01-2016, 09:10 AM
^Your last sentence is just so wrong. "he has yet to show up"? KD is obviously a terrific scorer, but Kawhi certainly does show up against him and does make his life difficult. The other thing is, OKC had another guy who Kawhi was often tasked with guarding, so your numbers aren't 100% accurate in terms of being matched with Kawhi.

Giannis94
09-01-2016, 11:23 AM
^Your last sentence is just so wrong. "he has yet to show up"? KD is obviously a terrific scorer, but Kawhi certainly does show up against him and does make his life difficult. The other thing is, OKC had another guy who Kawhi was often tasked with guarding, so your numbers aren't 100% accurate in terms of being matched with Kawhi.

I am not familiar with basketball stats but I did search for a decent amount of time trying to find 1 vs. 1 of Kawhi guarding Durant and vice versa exclusively. If you can find those numbers, I would love to see them and I get what you're saying but this team with Durant has more fire power than the Thunder teams that KD has played for.