PDA

View Full Version : Jason Groome's GCL start 8/27/16 (every pitch)

Lomez
08-29-2016, 02:55 PM
Here is video I shot of the 12th overall draft pick, Jason Groome, against the GCL Minnesota Twins on 8/27/16 at the JetBlue Complex.

Jason threw 45 pitches in two innings, his fastball was 89-93 mph, his curve was 78-80 and his changeup was 78-81 mph. He was very shaky with his pitches, and he couldn't hold a runner on to save his life (4 SB) but completely turned it around in the 2nd and looked like the young stud the Sox were getting. The video has every pitch he threw in sequence as well as his warmups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEF4AZDPQo

RedSoxtober
08-29-2016, 03:34 PM
Thanks, Lomez. You're awesome

Pittz
08-29-2016, 06:20 PM

Seriously, x2.

Green_Monster
08-29-2016, 09:45 PM

Seriously, x2.

I'll x3 that, thanks Lomez.

Lomez
08-29-2016, 09:58 PM
Just keep passing it along :) If you got time I've got more videos on my YouTube page of Kopech pitching, Chavis hitting, Ex-Sox Espinoza, and a few others from ST like Moncada and Benintendi

NateWall
08-30-2016, 06:27 AM
"Red Sox first-rounder Jason Groome has been promoted to Short-Season Class-A Lowell, it was announced tonight."

@IanMBrowne

RedSoxtober
08-30-2016, 09:17 AM
On Tuesday, Red Sox first-round pick (No. 7 overall) Jason Groome will join short-season Single-A Lowell and then will get on the mound in a game just a few days later.

According to a source, the plan is for Groome to start for the team Friday in Norwich, Connecticut, against the Connecticut Tigers, as long as his bullpen session leading up to the game goes as planned. It will be Groome’s third professional start, as his first two came in the Florida Gulf Coast League.

In his previous two outings, he’s allowed a run in four innings with eight strikeouts. He’s gone two innings in each of those starts as he’s been on a pitch count and that will once again be the case Friday.

Lowell’s season ends Monday, but there’s a chance he pitches in the postseason, so Friday might not be his only outing with the team.weei.com

Lomez
08-30-2016, 02:50 PM
He was suppose to go 3 innings on 8/27 but ran into trouble in the first inning. He's made 40, 45 pitches in his first two starts so I'd guess ~55 give or take 5 in his next outing for Lowell. Really nice kid, his hands are just gigantic; he can hold 5 baseballs in one hand. Only thing I can compare it to is a puppy with huge paws - you just know he's going to grow into it; in person one can see why the scouts love him so much.

Lomez
08-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Jason's biggest goal in the next year outside of staying healthy is developing his changeup. He self admittingly states it's his worst pitch and needs work