PDA

View Full Version : Build Your Olympic team

More-Than-Most
08-29-2016, 01:09 AM
Only use Rookie and Sophomore players... You must have at least 2 rookie starters and 3 rookie bench players.

Shlumpledink
08-29-2016, 02:00 AM
D'angelo Russell
Booker
Ingram
Simmons
KAT

Willie Cauley Stein
Mudiay
Winslow
Buddy Hield
Poeltl
Jaylen Brown

eso
08-29-2016, 03:56 AM
^^ Simmons will play for Australia.

DanG
08-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Kris Dunn
Devin Booker
Brandon Ingram
Myles Turner
Jahlil Okafor

D'Angelo Russell
Dejounte Murray
Jaylen Brown
Marquese Chriss
Willie Cauley Stein

IndyRealist
08-29-2016, 08:20 AM
I was about to say Ingram and Towns were mandatory, then someone goes and leaves out Towns.

IndyRealist
08-29-2016, 08:43 AM
R-Kris Dunn
Norman Powell
R-Brandon Ingram
Larry Nance Jr
Karl Anthony Towns

R-Taurean Prince
Willie Cauley Stein
Myles Turner
Justise Winslow
Josh Richardson
R-Denzel Valentine
R-Buddy Hield

Pretty traditional roster, with the option of sliding Prince to PF and playing small, or playing Turner at PF and going REALLY big.

I would start Winslow, but I had to hit my rookie requirement.

EDIT: on second thought, I need Ingram's shooting in the starting lineup.

Heediot
08-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Kris Dunn - For Perimeter D and energy. I think he's unselfish enough to get others involved in the starting 5.
Devin Booker - Has a mature game. His game translates well with shooting and handles.
Brandon Ingram - Provides offense and respectable range. Raw version of KD who was probably MVP of Olympics.
Karl Anthony Towns - Should be a five, but skilled, versatile, and mobile enough to slide down to the four.
Willie Cauley Stein - The US defense took it to another level when DJ started for the USA, Stein provides the closest skill-set to DJ. Can defend all 5 positions.

Bench
D'Angelo Russell - His game translates well to FIBA (Guys who can create their own shot, shoot from three and drive do well. See KD, Harden, Curry).
Ulis - His playmaking and offensive skill set will translate well. Mature Game and knows how to run a team and set up his mates. US tends to better with smart and creative PG play.
Denzel Washington - Mature game, iq and play making will help against other teams. Can be the emergency ball handler/PG. Will probably need him to play some 3 here and there.
Justise Winslow - His defense and ability to be the glue guy is valuable
Brice Johnson - Undersized PF that can provide some size insurance in the front court. I like his offensive game and think he can contribute on that end in FIBA play.
Myles Turner - Versatile big who can provide solid play can be both 5 & 4.
Jahlil Okafor - Size and Scoring will be important against more physically mature players.

Left out Hield as his summer league play turned me off. He can play for Bahamas.

PowerHouse
08-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Kris Dunn - For Perimeter D and energy. I think he's unselfish enough to get others involved in the starting 5.
Devin Booker - Has a mature game. His game translates well with shooting and handles.
Brandon Ingram - Provides offense and respectable range. Raw version of KD who was probably MVP of Olympics.
Karl Anthony Towns - Should be a five, but skilled, versatile, and mobile enough to slide down to the four.
Willie Cauley Stein - The US defense took it to another level when DJ started for the USA, Stein provides the closest skill-set to DJ. Can defend all 5 positions.

Bench
D'Angelo Russell - His game translates well to FIBA (Guys who can create their own shot, shoot from three and drive do well. See KD, Harden, Curry).
Ulis - His playmaking and offensive skill set will translate well. Mature Game and knows how to run a team and set up his mates. US tends to better with smart and creative PG play.
Denzel Washington - Mature game, iq and play making will help against other teams. Can be the emergency ball handler/PG. Will probably need him to play some 3 here and there.
Justise Winslow - His defense and ability to be the glue guy is valuable
Brice Johnson - Undersized PF that can provide some size insurance in the front court. I like his offensive game and think he can contribute on that end in FIBA play.
Myles Turner - Versatile big who can provide solid play can be both 5 & 4.
Jahlil Okafor - Size and Scoring will be important against more physically mature players.

Left out Hield as his summer league play turned me off. He can play for Bahamas.

I mean yea he did look like he could ball a little when he shot He Got Game with Ray Allen but dayuum that was damn near 20 years ago!

I kid. You meant Valentine.

albertajaysfan
08-29-2016, 12:44 PM
^^ Simmons will play for Australia.

Poeltl will play for Austria I would presume as well. Not sure if Mudiay has American citizenship or not but he is from the Congo.

IndyRealist
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM

That's exactly why I left Russell out. Team USA was most vulnerable when the games devolved into iso ballstopping and one pick drives. When the ball worked it's way around the court we were significantly better.

On your lineup I'd rather have the ball with Valentine or Ullis getting everyone involved.

Heediot
08-29-2016, 01:56 PM
That's exactly why I left Russell out. Team USA was most vulnerable when the games devolved into iso ballstopping and one pick drives. When the ball worked it's way around the court we were significantly better.

On your lineup I'd rather have the ball with Valentine or Ullis getting everyone involved.

Mostly true. 1/3 of the time Iso ball is ok, the problem with the USA this year it became 2/3 or more iso ball. Yeah, some of these guys mentality are hard to change as habits are ingrained. His skills can be useful, but you may be right for a PG on USA play-makers are more valuable vs. score first guys. Having a guy that can iso and take over may be useful here and there, like when Melo beat the Aussies in the fourth and times when Kyrie made some key buckets late in games. The key I guess is balance, and when to let me first scorers loose.

If not Russell then Norman Powell would be a nice guard off the bench. He is more of a glue guy that will bring toughness and defense.

Jaylen Brown is an option, but I think his game is not mature enough at this stage. I tend to go with guys who I think have more advanced games and guys who produced nicely in college (hence Russell, Brice, Valentine, Ulis) or those who have shown some skillset that I think will help like defenders and glue guys. Nance Jr. would be a nice glue guy tweener forward, even Stanley Johnson has hustle and defense, those two should be considered.

Heediot
08-29-2016, 01:58 PM
I mean yea he did look like he could ball a little when he shot He Got Game with Ray Allen but dayuum that was damn near 20 years ago!

I kid. You meant Valentine.

:cool::D

mrblisterdundee
08-29-2016, 02:00 PM
PG - Kris Dunn, Cameron Payne
SG - D'Angelo Russell, Devin Booker, Josh Richardson
SF - Brandon Ingram, Justise Winslow
PF - Myles Turner, Marquese Chriss
C - Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor, Willie Cauley-Stein

Heediot
08-29-2016, 02:11 PM
PG - Kris Dunn, Cameron Payne
SG - D'Angelo Russell, Devin Booker, Josh Richardson
SF - Brandon Ingram, Justise Winslow
PF - Trey Lyles, Myles Turner
C - Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor, Willie Cauley-Stein

Nice. I like Lyles too, the only thing is he is Canadian and is on their their national system/program. Not too sure if he is dual guy like Towns who can play for the Dominicans and US.

I was confused about the criteria too that why I had to re-edit. I think more-most wants 3 rookies on the bench in combo with 2 starting.

IndyRealist
08-29-2016, 02:19 PM
I really like the Ullis pick. I'd switch Hield out for him on mine.

DanG
08-29-2016, 05:47 PM
KAT doesn't play for USA ?

mrblisterdundee
08-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Nice. I like Lyles too, the only thing is he is Canadian and is on their their national system/program. Not too sure if he is dual guy like Towns who can play for the Dominicans and US.

I was confused about the criteria too that why I had to re-edit. I think more-most wants 3 rookies on the bench in combo with 2 starting.

Woops. Let's just start Myles Turner at power forward and replace Lyles with Marquese Chriss.