PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse: New Hardens or the new Currys?

Vee-Rex
08-26-2016, 11:44 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/24/12622934/james-harden-shoes-adidas-jokes-work-boots-rockets-nba

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-internet-s-roast-of-stephen-curry-s-new-shoes-is-relentless-145549601.html

I know the Curry's have been out for some time now but I thought it was important to compare!

I love some of the memes out there:

"James Harden's new shoes look like something Frankenstein would wear to the gym."

"Steph Curry and Under Armour really targeting that emergency room nurse demographic."

"Harden's new shoe should come with a carton of cigarettes and a box cutter"

6man
08-26-2016, 01:30 PM
Damn those things are ugly! Give me the Larry Bird Sketchers over both!

Scoots
08-26-2016, 01:51 PM
Wow. Sure the Curry's are boring, but the Harden's are REALLY ugly. Wow again.

For me the height of the game was reached with the original almost all black Jordan VII ... nothing has topped it. Unfortunately to get one of the current "retro" ones similar they are around $300 in a store

lincecum=future
08-26-2016, 04:08 PM
I can't believe those Hardens are real. Easily those not even close IMO

kdspurman
08-26-2016, 04:12 PM
Which are more comfortable, I think that's the question lol. They both look pretty bad

Tony_Starks
08-26-2016, 04:25 PM
They said Hardens shoes look as good as his defense!

James Harden with the Air Work Release 7s!

tredigs
08-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Lol those low-cut white/grey Curry 2's were hilariously and rightfully panned for their lameness, but at least they came out with 20 more exciting varieties like this one: http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:251585/sku:59007428/under-armour-curry-two-mens/stephen-curry/light-blue/navy/?cm=. That was just their old white woman model.

After seeing that Harden release earlier this week I just had to hope they're a joke. If it's a real shoe, it's obviously the worst of all time by an athlete. Saw a comment along these lines and couldn't agree more, it looks like prison style no-slip kitchen wear.

Htownballa1622
08-26-2016, 05:52 PM
The Harden shoe is a prototype iirc.

I wouldn't wear either because I need high tops. Brons ftw.

jason
08-26-2016, 09:09 PM
Lol those low-cut white/grey Curry 2's were hilariously and rightfully panned for their lameness, but at least they came out with 20 more exciting varieties like this one: http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:251585/sku:59007428/under-armour-curry-two-mens/stephen-curry/light-blue/navy/?cm=. That was just their old white woman model.

After seeing that Harden release earlier this week I just had to hope they're a joke. If it's a real shoe, it's obviously the worst of all time by an athlete. Saw a comment along these lines and couldn't agree more, it looks like prison style no-slip kitchen wear.

Its the low top all white that makes them look bad. Shoes are nice in other color and high tops.

These Harden though are terrible. I really hope its just a prototype

Cracka2HI!
08-26-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm probably in the minority but I think they're both fresh.

More-Than-Most
08-26-2016, 10:15 PM
The hardens are the worst basketball thing i have seen in my life.

More-Than-Most
08-26-2016, 10:17 PM

those look ****ing amazing. The Yellow and black ones doh wow.

Sadds The Gr8
08-27-2016, 06:32 PM
The harden's look like a try-hard attempt to gain buzz for a shoe. reeks of desperation and social media attention whoring...

The Curry's actually look like a wal-mart shoe they tried to market toward kids/middle class ppl, but came out looking terrible.

FlashBolt
08-28-2016, 01:18 AM
You guys can't possibly think those Harden shoes are legitimate. In any case, you can bet it won't be the shoe being released now. As terrible as the Curry's are (they look like golf shoes), I really didn't think it was THAT bad.

KingJudah
08-28-2016, 09:45 PM
The gardens are boots not shoes.... How on earth are people going to play basketball in boots?

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 10:30 AM
The only that should be sold in the world are the old school early 90's to late 90's. Most all shoes suck. LBJ's, Curry's, Harden, even my favorite player Kobe shoes. Man, the shoes, clothing, etc are looking worst than the 80's. Accept those fish net shirts men wore back then. I glad i went through the best years of great shoes and cloths. The 90's. And music. Sorry off subject a lil bit. Just, i look at shoes and cloths these days and smh to so mucch disgrief..lol

FlashBolt
08-29-2016, 11:24 AM
The only that should be sold in the world are the old school early 90's to late 90's. Most all shoes suck. LBJ's, Curry's, Harden, even my favorite player Kobe shoes. Man, the shoes, clothing, etc are looking worst than the 80's. Accept those fish net shirts men wore back then. I glad i went through the best years of great shoes and cloths. The 90's. And music. Sorry off subject a lil bit. Just, i look at shoes and cloths these days and smh to so mucch disgrief..lol

Suck according to whom? Sales would disagree with whatever you just said.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Suck according to whom? Sales would disagree with whatever you just said.

To most people i know, other than kids or teenagers. I know some adults that like SOME of the shoes. 90's shoes, let see:

JORDAN'S
BO'S
GRIFFEY'S
BARKLEY'S
G.HILLS
STACKHOUSE'S
REEBOK CLASSICS
MAX'S
ONE'S

Take a pick. So much more though. Those are some examples. Imo, no shoes will ever be better than those in 90's. Better boots and def better cloths. Well most. Nowadays, you might as well shop in the women's dept.

Scoots
08-29-2016, 12:38 PM
For me the best ever is the Jordan 7s in black suede with the red sole highlights and the red jumpman. Best shoe ever.

Oh God, do I agree with LoveCaliFan?

tredigs
08-29-2016, 12:46 PM
To most people i know, other than kids or teenagers. I know some adults that like SOME of the shoes. 90's shoes, let see:

JORDAN'S
BO'S
GRIFFEY'S
BARKLEY'S
G.HILLS
STACKHOUSE'S
REEBOK CLASSICS
MAX'S
ONE'S

Take a pick. So much more though. Those are some examples. Imo, no shoes will ever be better than those in 90's. Better boots and def better cloths. Well most. Nowadays, you might as well shop in the women's dept.

Where's the Penny and AI mention??

J's and Max's still exist btw. Plenty of great shoes out there in the mix. You're just being nostalgic about your youth me-thinks.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Where's the Penny and AI mention??

J's and Max's still exist btw. Plenty of great shoes out there in the mix. You're just being nostalgic about your youth me-thinks.

nah. Most shoes all look the same. Shoes then, that they have now, are remakes. So that's my point. Most of those 90's shoes are more popular than shoes they make now. I was going to add all other shoes, but it's a long list. I and most i know still where the old schools.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
For me the best ever is the Jordan 7s in black suede with the red sole highlights and the red jumpman. Best shoe ever.

Oh God, do I agree with LoveCaliFan?

agree to disagree to agree. That's how it goes.

Scoots
08-29-2016, 02:22 PM
agree to disagree to agree. That's how it goes.

The "retro" shoes are not the same as the originals. Poorer quality materials, designs are not exactly the same, poorer construction.

Of course it could be nostalgia :)

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 03:11 PM
The "retro" shoes are not the same as the originals. Poorer quality materials, designs are not exactly the same, poorer construction.

Of course it could be nostalgia :)

Iggy Azalea. That you?

Scoots
08-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Iggy Azalea. That you?

I don't get it.

For me music references are more Public Enemy and Pharcyde than Iggy Azalea :)

YAALREADYKNO
08-29-2016, 05:18 PM
The hardens 💯💯💯 look like steel toed boots or some ****

Redrum187
08-30-2016, 04:14 PM
This is like choosing between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton... :mad:

Scoots
08-31-2016, 09:49 AM
This is like choosing between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton... :mad:

I guess that means Curry's nursing shoes are Hillary.

I can't believe someone chose Trump, I mean Harden.

Gary Johnson for President!

eDush
09-03-2016, 01:09 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/24/12622934/james-harden-shoes-adidas-jokes-work-boots-rockets-nba

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-internet-s-roast-of-stephen-curry-s-new-shoes-is-relentless-145549601.html

I know the Curry's have been out for some time now but I thought it was important to compare!

I love some of the memes out there:

"James Harden's new shoes look like something Frankenstein would wear to the gym."

"Steph Curry and Under Armour really targeting that emergency room nurse demographic."

"Harden's new shoe should come with a carton of cigarettes and a box cutter"The Currys might be plain looking but they were not ugly and I have ordered a pair (not worn it yet since I like to keep the white looking new) :)

The Harden ones are just flat out ugly as they look like it was made like a pot for stirring. Only his idols would buy em and hope no one sees them wearing it :laugh2:

KingJudah
09-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Lol @ this guy trying to convince himself that the currys are good looking shoes and he wants to keep the (white) looking new. Both are terrible payless type of shoes. Hell even payless has better looking shoes than these two. Hardens are boots and currys are golfing type shoes. I wonder how comfortable both are? I might have to go try a pair on. The currys look very comfortable though pike you could wear them on a job that your on your feet

FlashBolt
09-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Lol @ this guy trying to convince himself that the currys are good looking shoes and he wants to keep the (white) looking new. Both are terrible payless type of shoes. Hell even payless has better looking shoes than these two. Hardens are boots and currys are golfing type shoes. I wonder how comfortable both are? I might have to go try a pair on. The currys look very comfortable though pike you could wear them on a job that your on your feet

They aren't ugly, though. Not bad shoes at all just not your typical basketball shoes. I've seen way worse shoes... I wouldn't mind wearing Curry's at all.

Scoots
09-04-2016, 12:52 AM

The Curry's look a LOT better when they are not the white on white.

Vee-Rex
09-05-2016, 11:55 AM
The Curry's look a LOT better when they are not the white on white.

Short story: I laugh a lot at the white on white Currys mainly because of the memes. But anyway...

I was at the mall looking at shoes (ended up buying the black-n-white Chuck II's because they look so damn good https://www.google.com/search?q=chuck+2s&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1019&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih3-vcyvjOAhVEJiYKHV6_DPwQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=myzJhReXJNtg5 M%3A)

and I saw the white on white Currys. In person, they really didn't look that bad. I wouldn't buy them mainly because I prefer Jordans and Nike over Adidas but if someone gave me the white on white Currys for free I think I would end up wearing them. The online pictures make them look a bit worse somehow.

AntiG
09-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Grandma tennis shoes versus work safety boots LOL

Scoots
09-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Short story: I laugh a lot at the white on white Currys mainly because of the memes. But anyway...

I was at the mall looking at shoes (ended up buying the black-n-white Chuck II's because they look so damn good https://www.google.com/search?q=chuck+2s&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1019&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih3-vcyvjOAhVEJiYKHV6_DPwQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=myzJhReXJNtg5 M%3A)

and I saw the white on white Currys. In person, they really didn't look that bad. I wouldn't buy them mainly because I prefer Jordans and Nike over Adidas but if someone gave me the white on white Currys for free I think I would end up wearing them. The online pictures make them look a bit worse somehow.

I prefer Jordans too. Never even considered Adidas. I do like the Chuck 2, simple retro designs work.

Htownballa1622
10-22-2016, 04:37 PM
The Harden shoe is a prototype iirc.

I wouldn't wear either because I need high tops. Brons ftw.

I was right...

http://m.adidas.com/us/harden

Vee-Rex
10-23-2016, 11:20 AM
I was right...

http://m.adidas.com/us/harden

Spot on.

Those Hardens are meh to me. I'm not a fan of those kind of shoe designs (solid on front with another solid on back) for some reason. Of course they're way better than the prototypes though lol.

Scoots
10-24-2016, 09:27 AM
You can see the progression. The upper and the low ankle cutout look very similar. The offset laces. Still don't like the shoe, but certainly a major improvement. The lower right shot on that page, if you make them black on black they still look fairly work-boot like.

https://brand.campaign.adidas.com/Images/Tile6_640x640_tcm66-106020.jpg?locale=en_US&device=mobile

If anybody has the graphics skills to do a little color replace and make the front of the shoe black and the laces and logos black.