PDA

View Full Version : John Wall & Bradley Beal: Split coming?

kobe4thewinbang
08-25-2016, 02:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/john-wall-and-bradley-beal-are-trying-to-learn-to-like-each-other-013852984.html

Injuries and coaching have played a role in the failure of this duo, but now both players have hefty contracts and admit there is a tension between them. New coach Scott Brooks may have signed on for OKC 2.0, with less success to make everything feel better. Wall & Beal are reportedly pushing aside ego, but will it work do ya think? Or is it only a matter of time before one is traded?

I would side with keeping Wall, and I don't think they blossom into the eastern OKC.

Chronz
08-25-2016, 11:48 AM
This brings up an interesting debate about which of the 2 youngsters should be the face of the franchise. We have 2 highly talented players with tremendous flaws preventing them from reaching stardom.

John Wall has a very high reliance on ball dominance, hes been in the league for years and hasn't developed a jumper that compliments Beal. Its a BIG reason why his teams offense has never been elite, what happens once he stops creating those corner 3's from sheer athletic ability alone? Beal on the other hand has vastly improved his PnR ability but hes on a team where he cannot utilize that honed skill because of Wall's reluctance to develop a PG level jumper. Im starting to see why Wall is overrated but I honestly love PG's who defend and look to create, guys like Rubio and Wall are such a breath of fresh air.

Scoots
08-25-2016, 02:39 PM
CP3 is still the closest the NBA has to the prototype PG ... but he's about 6 inches too short.

Lead the team, get the players in the right places, manage the personalities, get guys easy shots, create space with ball handling and shooting, take last second bail out shots at a high average, lead the defense, be a pest on D.

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2016, 11:53 PM
John Wall needs to grow up. He knows what's happened to contracts with the cap growing. He knows how important shooting is. Whine about contracts to your agent. Or maybe blame yourself for not having forethought and accepting a contract you now don't like.
Bradley Beal is a great compliment and mitigation for Wall's strengths and weaknesses on offense. On defense, Wall's great, and Beal's at least average. The best scenario is keeping them together.

Wade n Fade
08-26-2016, 09:00 AM
Washington really f-ed up with that Beal contract extension. Now Allen Crabbe makes more $ than John Wall. Can't blame Wall for wanting to leave Washington because it's been 2nd round in the playoffs or less with them. In addition, their FO doesn't seem to make bigger moves to land a 2nd or 3rd star player, depending if the FO views Beal as 2nd star, but we all know Beal isn't a star player. Yes, he is one of the better SGs in the Eastern Conference, but so is Evan Fournier, big whoop?

IndyRealist
08-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Not a huge fan of Wall but I'd take him over Beal if it was a choice between the two.

TheDish87
08-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Wall was unreal last year, shame he had no help and that Beal struggles to stay on the court. They could have been a deadly duo.

smith&wesson
08-26-2016, 10:36 AM
Beal is so injury prone, I would trade him

GiantsSwaGG
08-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Beal is made of glass and yet got paid more than Wall. Wall would look nice in a Knick uniform lol

Vee-Rex
08-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Definitely taking Wall over Beal but its gotta make you wonder with how childish Wall is acting about Beal's contract. I mean, I completely understand that Beal isn't worth it but it's something Wall should keep to himself IMO.

Feels like half the league is making more money than Stephen Curry yet you don't hear him causing issues about it.

nycericanguy
08-26-2016, 11:41 AM
So Wall calls out Reggie Jackson for his contract, and now Beal? His own teammate? whats with this guy? He got a MAX deal himself... just because the cap went up he's mad?

Sounds like a real jerk, NBA is a brotherhood and he should be happy his fellow guys are getting paid, not getting jealous. His time will come for an even bigger payday in a few years if he plays up to it.

smith&wesson
08-26-2016, 11:46 AM
I think that Wall's agent has probably done a poor job explaining the cap, and the fact that it went up resulting in a lot of inflated contracts. To me it seems like Wall is reacting like any of us did when we first saw some of these contracts being handed out, until we all finally understood the reason for it.

6man
08-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Trade Beal then. I saw Beal might be on a minute restriction the rest of his career sometime last season although I'm not sure how that turned out.

6man
08-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Actually I just remembered the contract Beal signed, they're stuck with him lol.

McAllen Tx
08-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Wall sounding and acting like Marbury after KG got his 1st big contract

ewing
08-27-2016, 07:59 AM
Wall is a highly overrated *****.

IndyRealist
08-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Wall is a highly overrated *****.

But so is Beal.

Wall is a below average scorer but above average at everything else. Beal is an above average scorer but below average at everything else.

ewing
08-27-2016, 08:59 PM
But so is Beal.

Wall is a below average scorer but above average at everything else. Beal is an above average scorer but below average at everything else.

he is well below average at running a 1/2 court offense and it has never stopped him from dominating the ball. He needs a KD type to force the ball out of his hands.

TheDish87
08-27-2016, 09:48 PM
how is Wall overrated? i feel like hes rated just fine.

FlashBolt
08-28-2016, 01:21 AM

Same. I feel he's getting a tad-bit underrated at this point. I hate how he's sour that other players are getting huge money because he signed before the salary cap. Dude needs shut up and wait out three more years for a potential $40 million per year contract.

BTW, your sig might be a knock on LoveCaliFan but I think Russell has that potential. He averaged 17/4/4 PER36 with Kobe on his nuts. Now with him having more freedom, 18/7/5 might be what he puts up.

ewing
08-28-2016, 10:39 AM

he's not that good

IndyRealist
08-28-2016, 12:15 PM
he is well below average at running a 1/2 court offense and it has never stopped him from dominating the ball. He needs a KD type to force the ball out of his hands.

I think it's just a question of him taking way too many shots considering how poor he is at it. If you eliminate his poor shot selection he's a pretty decent PG. His shooting brings him down.

Vee-Rex
08-28-2016, 09:17 PM
I think it's just a question of him taking way too many shots considering how poor he is at it. If you eliminate his poor shot selection he's a pretty decent PG. His shooting brings him down.

Yep.

I think Wall would be a wonderful 2nd option to a really good scoring 1st option.

TheDish87
08-29-2016, 10:58 AM
he's not that good

lol if 20/10/5 last year isn't good then I don't what is. that team stunk and he did as much as he could. those are Westbrook stats but Wall stinks and Russ doesn't?

ewing
08-29-2016, 11:19 AM
lol if 20/10/5 last year isn't good then I don't what is. that team stunk and he did as much as he could. those are Westbrook stats but Wall stinks and Russ doesn't?

Yep

ewing
08-29-2016, 11:31 AM
this guy is like the new Marbury. Instead of but 25 and 8 its but 20 and 10 and 5.

TheDish87
08-29-2016, 11:45 AM
wonderful analysis so far. I guess if you say Wall is no good then case closed.

IKnowHoops
08-29-2016, 06:04 PM

Agreed, I'll take Wall over Lowry.

TheDish87
08-30-2016, 08:53 AM
that's a tough one, really tough. I think I lean Lowry bcuz he plays more under control, can play more of a floor general if needed, and is better on D. I could be swayed though if Wall has another monster season

ewing
08-31-2016, 05:27 AM
that's a tough one, really tough. I think I lean Lowry bcuz he plays more under control, can play more of a floor general if needed, and is better on D. I could be swayed though if Wall has another monster season

I don't think so

TheDish87
08-31-2016, 08:48 AM
cool, man. another sound analysis. how are you not a scout?

ewing
08-31-2016, 09:18 AM
cool, man. another sound analysis. how are you not a scout?

never tried. anyway Wall is just isn't that good. I tell this board every year. Coming into this year i told everyone Jackson would have a better year and the Pistons would be more successful. Everyone made fun of me. Same the year before when he got hurt in the playoffs and i said the Wizards would suffer on D but were actually better on O with Sessions. Its plays out then no one says anything. Truth is he isn't that good. Solid tools but thinks he is way better then he is and hurts the team as a result. i take at least Irving, Lowery, Hill, IT, and Jackson before him in the EC alone.

GodsSon
08-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Remember when they thought they were the best back-court in the league??

lol

5ass
08-31-2016, 05:02 PM
never tried. anyway Wall is just isn't that good. I tell this board every year. Coming into this year i told everyone Jackson would have a better year and the Pistons would be more successful. Everyone made fun of me. Same the year before when he got hurt in the playoffs and i said the Wizards would suffer on D but were actually better on O with Sessions. Its plays out then no one says anything. Truth is he isn't that good. Solid tools but thinks he is way better then he is and hurts the team as a result. i take at least Irving, Lowery, Hill, IT, and Jackson before him in the EC alone.

Come on. Jackson is not better than wall at all.

IndyRealist
08-31-2016, 05:32 PM
Remember when they thought they were best back-court in the league??

lol

I remember when a lot of people here proclaimed them the best backcourt in the league :shrug:

ewing
08-31-2016, 11:13 PM
Come on. Jackson is not better than wall at all.

Wall plays good D and creates pace. He can't run a team and he can't shoot a basketball. Those are pretty big limitations for a PG. Especially a ball dominate one. Jackson is a competent floor general that puts the ball in the hole. Unless you have a franchise player to run your offensive through Jackson is just a better player.

ewing
08-31-2016, 11:16 PM
I remember when a lot of people here proclaimed them the best backcourt in the league :shrug:

I remember when most of this board said he was better then Lillard.

TheDish87
09-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Wall is better then Lillard

ewing
09-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Wall is better then Lillard

:laugh:

at what?

TheDish87
09-01-2016, 01:28 PM
everything but shooting

ewing
09-01-2016, 02:35 PM
everything but shooting

he is no where near as good a basketball player. He might better at darts or frisbee golf IDK