PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose lawsuit thread

mrblisterdundee
08-23-2016, 07:16 PM
Derrick Rose's lawyer is trying to release the name of the Jane Doe accuser. His attorney argued in a recent filing that her text messages prove that the group sex she had with Rose and friends was consensual, and that she shouldn't be allowed anonymity during the trial, which is scheduled to start Sept. 4, the same day as the preseason.

“(The woman’s) own text messages - wrongfully withheld until the day after her deposition - contradict the allegations in the complaint. The texts show (Doe) being adventurous, claiming to buy and bringing a sex belt to have fun with Mr. Rose, and then asking Mr. Rose to drive over to her house at 1 a.m. for more consensual sexual interaction.
“Plaintiff also withheld texts showing that when she woke up the next morning, she asked Mr. Rose for reimbursement for her cab fare and the sex toys she claimed to purchase, and mentioned only that she had a hangover and had to get to work,” the filing says.
Rose is trying to use the texts to argue she should not be allowed to be identified as “Jane Doe” during the trial.
“Rather than allow a calculating 30-year old adult to misuse the ‘Jane Doe’ statute for her own financial gain by trying to threaten Mr. Rose with irreparable reputational damage as the basis for an extortionate settlement payment, the only fair way for this case to be tried to a jury is for (her) to recognize that she cannot continue to hide behind the pseudonym when her credibility is a key issue and the evidence shows a clear consensual sexual encounter.”
- New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/derrick-rose-gang-rape-accuser-texts-prove-lying-lawyers-article-1.2762620)

mavwar53
08-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Derrick Rose's lawyer is trying to release the name of the Jane Doe accuser. His attorney argued in a recent filing that her text messages prove that the group sex she had with Rose and friends was consensual, and that she shouldn't be allowed anonymity during the trial, which is scheduled to start Sept. 4, the same day as the preseason.

So are the Knicks starting preseason a month ahead of the Warriors or is that supposed to say OCT 4th?

As for Rose I haven't read much about this because things will always be said, show me the strong evidence or when someone is convicted, but from a quick glance it seems like this little lady is a big B out for some money. Sucks that no matter what in some eyes this will hurt his rep badly.

Leftcoast_yg
08-23-2016, 09:24 PM
So Derrick Rose likes to catch it in the bum!? Probably why he is always injured.

More-Than-Most
08-23-2016, 09:24 PM
It doesnt mean she wasnt raped.... She could have gone there for sex with Rose and when drugged or whatever the friends decided to have a go.

IndyRealist
08-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Rose's strategy is clearly to **** shame and intimidate her into dropping the complaint. Otherwise why would they be trying to release her name?

The texts don't prove anything other than that she anticipated having sex with Rose. If they proved she agreed to have sex with all of his friends, they would have released that. Heck, if they had any proof she agreed, things never would have gotten to this point.

chi-townlove1
08-24-2016, 08:45 AM
So uh, isn't Rose married through all this?

hugepatsfan
08-24-2016, 09:31 AM
It doesnt mean she wasnt raped.... She could have gone there for sex with Rose and when drugged or whatever the friends decided to have a go.

Rose's strategy is clearly to **** shame and intimidate her into dropping the complaint. Otherwise why would they be trying to release her name?

The texts don't prove anything other than that she anticipated having sex with Rose. If they proved she agreed to have sex with all of his friends, they would have released that. Heck, if they had any proof she agreed, things never would have gotten to this point.

These don't prove innocence but they make it tough to prove guilt. It's tough because rape is such a he-said she-said case. She accuses him/them of rape but they're innocent until proven guilty. It's not on Rose to prove he didn't rape her, it's on her to prove that he did rape her. HUGE difference. So when you have no evidence of what actually happened but you have evidence that she went there with the intention/anticipation of sex it just makes it harder to prove rape beyond a doubt.

Rape is such a difficult case to prove because it doesn't happen in the open and it's more than just proving what happened. If you can prove that a person got robbed you have guilt because who TF wants to be robbed? In rape you have to not only prove that something happened, but then also prove the surrounding circumstances. And it's not like people just rape on the streets. it happens behind closed doors so it's just really tough to actually prove it. It's sad that a lot of rapes go unpunished but without sacrificing innocent until proven guilty I can't see a way to fix it.

And I don't mean that to say Rose is guilty. It's just a general observation.

IndyRealist
08-24-2016, 10:01 AM
These don't prove innocence but they make it tough to prove guilt. It's tough because rape is such a he-said she-said case. She accuses him/them of rape but they're innocent until proven guilty. It's not on Rose to prove he didn't rape her, it's on her to prove that he did rape her. HUGE difference. So when you have no evidence of what actually happened but you have evidence that she went there with the intention/anticipation of sex it just makes it harder to prove rape beyond a doubt.

Rape is such a difficult case to prove because it doesn't happen in the open and it's more than just proving what happened. If you can prove that a person got robbed you have guilt because who TF wants to be robbed? In rape you have to not only prove that something happened, but then also prove the surrounding circumstances. And it's not like people just rape on the streets. it happens behind closed doors so it's just really tough to actually prove it. It's sad that a lot of rapes go unpunished but without sacrificing innocent until proven guilty I can't see a way to fix it.

And I don't mean that to say Rose is guilty. It's just a general observation.

Which is likely why this is civil and not criminal court. She does not have to prove without a doubt that she was raped, only that it is likely that's what happened. If more than half the jury thinks she was raped, then he is liable.

OJ won the criminal trial but lost in civil court, for instance.

DarkKnight
08-24-2016, 10:09 AM
So uh, isn't Rose married through all this?

I would bet more than half who are married , do something on the side

Vee-Rex
08-24-2016, 12:38 PM

The burden of proof is on the accuser.

I'm just as hard-nosed when it comes to rape as anyone else. It's a terrible crime that ruins lives and should be punished severely. But again, the accuser must present a case that shows the rapist more than likely did it.

The fact that she woke up the following morning and sent texts asking for reimbursement and only complained of a hangover is a red flag that she's making false accusations just for a 21.5 million dollar settlement. Remember, her story described her as being drugged and then escaping Rose's house before having her own apartment broken into and being gang-raped.

Whether or not she remembers "flashes" of the incident is irrelevant because she claims she remember them forcibly gang-raping her, despite claiming to be incapacitated. There would be all sorts of bruises and/or cuts and signs of rape, so if the following morning she sent texts that did not even question the events of the previous night, then her accusation suffers a major blow.

How can she prove he did it 2 years later (and thus no physical proof) and with text messages that support Rose's claim that she was perfectly fine the next morning?

BKLYNpigeon
08-24-2016, 12:53 PM
knicks are a super team though.

BKLYNpigeon
08-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Rose is going to be the first MVP to not make the HOF.

ewing
08-24-2016, 04:50 PM

Perhaps he is holds bitterness towards someone who falsely accused him of rape and tried to con him out of a ton of money. Either that or he is a rapist that is playing dirty.

ewing
08-24-2016, 04:52 PM

I'm just as hard-nosed when it comes to rape as anyone else. It's a terrible crime that ruins lives and should be punished severely. But again, the accuser must present a case that shows the rapist more than likely did it.

The fact that she woke up the following morning and sent texts asking for reimbursement and only complained of a hangover is a red flag that she's making false accusations just for a 21.5 million dollar settlement. Remember, her story described her as being drugged and then escaping Rose's house before having her own apartment broken into and being gang-raped.

Whether or not she remembers "flashes" of the incident is irrelevant because she claims she remember them forcibly gang-raping her, despite claiming to be incapacitated. There would be all sorts of bruises and/or cuts and signs of rape, so if the following morning she sent texts that did not even question the events of the previous night, then her accusation suffers a major blow.

How can she prove he did it 2 years later (and thus no physical proof) and with text messages that support Rose's claim that she was perfectly fine the next morning?

Stop looking at the actual facts of the case. you are either a rape apologist or SJW. Pick a side V

lamzoka
08-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Knowing how these groupies move, shawty didn't even get rape. She let these dudes ran a train on her and now she's seeing dollar signs. The bîtch didn't even file a police report, she went straight to civil court trying to get paid. She a THOT. F.O.H

valade16
08-24-2016, 06:18 PM
The burden of proof in civil court is a preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt. It is in essence a tipping of the scales. What you think was more likely.

IndyRealist
08-24-2016, 06:29 PM
The burden of proof in civil court is a preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt. It is in essence a tipping of the scales. What you think was more likely.

^ this.

IndyRealist
08-24-2016, 06:36 PM

From the description in the "Rose's accuser describes the rape" thread, that's not what I gathered at all. I can't imagine it takes a lot of force to rape a drugged, unconscious woman, let alone enough force to leave bruising and cuts.

As far as the texts go, if she were drugged she might not remember the events of the previous evening until much later. The girl who was raped at Stanford didn't remember it at all.

Tony_Starks
08-24-2016, 08:40 PM
A woman that got raped is more than likely not going to ask for gas money and reimbursement for sex toys the next day.

She's also more than likely not going to wait a couple years later (undoubtedly when her Rose funds had long dried up) to then try to cash out on a civil suit.

Even if you're inclined to believe her story those are two huge red flags off top, unless your Gloria Alred or something....

KnickNyKnick
08-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Knicks can do anything they want at this point... aslong as they maintain the Super Team level. Fondle all you want guys.

Vee-Rex
08-25-2016, 10:05 AM
From the description in the "Rose's accuser describes the rape" thread, that's not what I gathered at all. I can't imagine it takes a lot of force to rape a drugged, unconscious woman, let alone enough force to leave bruising and cuts.

As far as the texts go, if she were drugged she might not remember the events of the previous evening until much later. The girl who was raped at Stanford didn't remember it at all.

Come on, man. Not to be mean or anything but do you understand how a woman's vagina works? A woman will get cuts and bruises during regular intercourse when she's fully lubricated. Just because you don't see it or hear her complain about it doesn't mean anything. If guys are forcibly gang-raping her there's gonna be physical evidence... that's like fact, man.

Even the Stanford rape victim KNEW she was probably raped even if she couldn't remember the details.

At this point, we're not debating what COULD have happened. We're not talking about possibilities here. We're talking about the likelihood of the story being truthful, and in her case - it doesn't seem likely at all based on the circumstantial evidence.

That sounds objective as hell but it's the kind of perspective people need to take in these situations, IMO. When the truth comes out and if he raped her, then we trash him and spit on his name. If he didn't rape her, wouldn't you feel bad for auto-assuming he's guilty? Be objective and don't work off emotion.

IndyRealist
08-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Come on, man. Not to be mean or anything but do you understand how a woman's vagina works? A woman will get cuts and bruises during regular intercourse when she's fully lubricated. Just because you don't see it or hear her complain about it doesn't mean anything. If guys are forcibly gang-raping her there's gonna be physical evidence... that's like fact, man.

Even the Stanford rape victim KNEW she was probably raped even if she couldn't remember the details.

At this point, we're not debating what COULD have happened. We're not talking about possibilities here. We're talking about the likelihood of the story being truthful, and in her case - it doesn't seem likely at all based on the circumstantial evidence.

That sounds objective as hell but it's the kind of perspective people need to take in these situations, IMO. When the truth comes out and if he raped her, then we trash him and spit on his name. If he didn't rape her, wouldn't you feel bad for auto-assuming he's guilty? Be objective and don't work off emotion.

The Stanford rape victim did not know she was raped until they told her. It's in her statement.

Vee-Rex
08-25-2016, 12:22 PM
The Stanford rape victim did not know she was raped until they told her. It's in her statement.

In her statement she said she thought that something has really happened (after they made her sign rape victim papers). To me, that's an indication that something probably felt wrong. I mean if I wake up in a hospital (like she did) and doctors tried to make me sign some papers like that I'd refuse unless I thought it was probable. They made her sign the papers BEFORE they physically examined her and she believed something had really happened, which is an indication that she felt something different about herself.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/heres-the-powerful-letter-the-stanford-victim-read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.foEy4jJx4#.dmR7Pv0NP

Maybe I'm overly-deducing it, and if I'm wrong then that's cool.

Regardless, comparing both the alleged Rose victim to the Stanford's is like apples and oranges.

GiantsSwaGG
08-25-2016, 03:18 PM
now I'm not believing the rape allegations. This is making her look like a hoe that didn't get reimbursed for her services

ewing
08-26-2016, 04:50 AM
In her statement she said she thought that something has really happened (after they made her sign rape victim papers). To me, that's an indication that something probably felt wrong. I mean if I wake up in a hospital (like she did) and doctors tried to make me sign some papers like that I'd refuse unless I thought it was probable. They made her sign the papers BEFORE they physically examined her and she believed something had really happened, which is an indication that she felt something different about herself.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/heres-the-powerful-letter-the-stanford-victim-read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.foEy4jJx4#.dmR7Pv0NP

Maybe I'm overly-deducing it, and if I'm wrong then that's cool.

Regardless, comparing both the alleged Rose victim to the Stanford's is like apples and oranges.

I told you before, alll cases are the same. You are a SJW or a victim blamer. Stop looking at the facts. This isn't about Rose, his friends, and this women, it is about rape culture :confused:

Tony_Starks
08-26-2016, 10:27 AM
I think the chick must've tried to hit him with some extortion type stuff and he just told her to buzz off.

Otherwise I can't see why he wouldn't just toss her some lil chump change for gas and for the toys and call it a day.

More than likely probably threatened to expose all the freaky stuff they been doing and he probably said something to the effect of if you wanna expose yourself as a thot then be my guest.

Vee-Rex
08-26-2016, 10:34 AM
I told you before, alll cases are the same. You are a SJW or a victim blamer. Stop looking at the facts. This isn't about Rose, his friends, and this women, it is about rape culture :confused:

Yep, it's sad but true. People make everything so black and white these days.

mrblisterdundee
09-01-2016, 03:01 PM
The view into Derrick Rose's sexual proclivities keeps expanding:

"Defendant Rose has chosen to unnecessarily attack Plaintiff's femininity, morals and character in order to perpetuate incorrect myths about sexual assault, labeling her as the ‘sexual aggressor.’ All the evidence, however, including Defendant Rose's own testimony, shows that he made great efforts to get the Plaintiff to engage in sexual activity that she was not comfortable with-starting with requests for her to masturbate on video, which she refused, and, after a year-and-a-half of dating, moving to requests to have group sex, which she always refused," her court papers say.
- New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/derrick-rose-gang-rape-accuser-foursome-article-1.2771984)

kdspurman
09-01-2016, 03:35 PM
merged the threads to just keep the discussion around this in 1 spot

Aust
09-02-2016, 01:17 AM
http://deadspin.com/here-are-the-details-from-the-derrick-rose-rape-lawsuit-1726964421

I'm a bit skeptical atm

More-Than-Most
09-02-2016, 02:26 AM
This woman is a ****ing genius... She went through all of this with eye witness accounts for some things for a shake down...

Same **** different day... Guy clearly cant rape girl when he is rich because said girl is just in it for a shake down... I wonder if people even realize what rape is and how you can be willing to have sex with one guy at one moment but be raped at a later time by the same guy without even getting into what he friends did... Rose having sex with this girl does not make it a wide open door where he can drug and **** her at his will.

effen5
09-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Randall Hampton...jesus I've met that guy before at the Langham Hotel...that guy is a piece of work

mrblisterdundee
09-21-2016, 11:28 AM
A judge ruled that the "Jane Doe" accusing Derrick Rose and friends of gang rape must reveal her name once the trial starts next month:

On Tuesday, the U.S. district judge hearing her case ruled that once the civil trial begins Oct. 4, she can no longer hide behind her protective pseudonym.
She must reveal her full name.
The jury will hear it, something previously agreed upon by both parties, but the woman’s identity will also be revealed to anyone with access to the open courtroom, including reporters, though most news organizations do not publish the names of alleged sexual assault victims.
Numerous lawsuits proceed using John Doe or Jane Doe instead of the real names of litigants. But it’s up to the judge’s discretion on a case-by-case basis whether such anonymity is necessary to protect someone from embarrassment, harassment or annoyance.
The woman’s legal team fears the stigma could scare her away. They also claim it’s a tactic Rose’s attorneys have used to intimidate the woman into dropping her lawsuit, an issue commonly raised by victim’s advocates, who argue that public scrutiny deters women from reporting sexual assault at all, let alone taking their cases to court.
- The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/21/derrick-rose-gang-rape-accuser-must-reveal-her-name-at-upcoming-civil-trial-judge-rules/)

rhymeratic
09-21-2016, 01:25 PM
This is a CLASSIC revenge move from a women and it puts a big stain on real victims out there. Derrick Rose's team should be counter-suing for defamation of character.

1. Alleged incident happened over 2 years ago
2. You say you're raped but you don't go to the police immediately??!?!?! :facepalm:
3. Text msgs showing that you were upset because your adult toy was broken and were upset because Rose wouldn't reimburse you $200
4. Text msgs showing how you plan to set him up and make money out of this
5. Trying to hide your identity and then go and publicly destroy this guy's image.
6. Inconsistencies on your story as to what transpired

PLEASE let me be on that jury so I can acquit him of any wrongdoing. The jury pool is already too tainted to even have a meaningful trial.

In my opinion, you should not be able to sue in such cases without supporting criminal conviction and/or meaningful reasons as to why.

mrblisterdundee
09-21-2016, 06:42 PM
This is a CLASSIC revenge move from a women and it puts a big stain on real victims out there. Derrick Rose's team should be counter-suing for defamation of character.
1. Alleged incident happened over 2 years ago
2. You say you're raped but you don't go to the police immediately??!?!?! :facepalm:
3. Text msgs showing that you were upset because your adult toy was broken and were upset because Rose wouldn't reimburse you $200
4. Text msgs showing how you plan to set him up and make money out of this
5. Trying to hide your identity and then go and publicly destroy this guy's image.
6. Inconsistencies on your story as to what transpired
PLEASE let me be on that jury so I can acquit him of any wrongdoing. The jury pool is already too tainted to even have a meaningful trial.
In my opinion, you should not be able to sue in such cases without supporting criminal conviction and/or meaningful reasons as to why.

Lots of women don't come forward right afterward. There's a lot of shame that comes from rape — how could I let this happen, nobody can ever know, etc.
The part about the toy is pretty irrelevant when compared to allegedly getting ****ed by three different guys while unconscious. And she had obviously been repeatedly turning down group sex with Rose and his friends for some time, which is part of the reason they broke up.
I'm not automatically buying everything she's selling, but you're being pretty insensitive in Rose's favor. No lawyer in his or her right mind would let an obvious Knicks fan serve on the jury, especially one with your stated opinions.

Chronz
09-21-2016, 09:05 PM
Have you guys been reading the transcripts and how Rose defends his actions that night, it doesn't paint him in good light. I believe he brought his homeboys knowing she was KO'd with the intent to watch them smash.

Jimm
09-21-2016, 10:14 PM
Lots of women don't come forward right afterward. There's a lot of shame that comes from rape — how could I let this happen, nobody can ever know, etc.
The part about the toy is pretty irrelevant when compared to allegedly getting ****ed by three different guys while unconscious. And she had obviously been repeatedly turning down group sex with Rose and his friends for some time, which is part of the reason they broke up.
I'm not automatically buying everything she's selling, but you're being pretty insensitive in Rose's favor. No lawyer in his or her right mind would let an obvious Knicks fan serve on the jury, especially one with your stated opinions.

True. But "the plaintiff expressed no complaints about Mr. Rose until various lawyers began to surface and demand that the plaintiff be paid millions of dollars."

http://deadspin.com/here-are-the-details-from-the-derrick-rose-rape-lawsuit-1726964421

The way she talks about Derrick as well, I cant remember where it was quoted, but she has said how she feels "sorry for him" that he now has to live the consequences, provided that the allegations are true. Honestly has to be the first rape victim to ever say that if she feels genuinely sorry for him.

mrblisterdundee
09-22-2016, 12:20 PM
True. But "the plaintiff expressed no complaints about Mr. Rose until various lawyers began to surface and demand that the plaintiff be paid millions of dollars."

The way she talks about Derrick as well, I cant remember where it was quoted, but she has said how she feels "sorry for him" that he now has to live the consequences, provided that the allegations are true. Honestly has to be the first rape victim to ever say that if she feels genuinely sorry for him.

There have been literally millions of rapes throughout recorded history, and you think she might be the first to feel that way?

Sofnr
09-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Have you guys been reading the transcripts and how Rose defends his actions that night, it doesn't paint him in good light. I believe he brought his homeboys knowing she was KO'd with the intent to watch them smash.

This. Nobody is claming he didn't already have a sexual relationship with this girl. But she wasn't into group sex no matter how hard he tried. My position from the beginning is that he got her ****ed up so he and his buddies could finally gangbang her. It doesn't sound like she was in any position to consent.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Bulls fan's pre-summer 2016: This will blow over, just some dumb hoe looking for a payday.
Knick fan's pre-summer 2016: Yea right, Rose is a rapist and belongs in jail.

Bulls fan's post-summer 2016: Rose is a rapist and belongs in jail.
Knick fan's post-summer 2016: Yea right, This will blow over, just some dumb hoe looking for a payday.

GiantsSwaGG
09-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Bulls fan's pre-summer 2016: This will blow over, just some dumb hoe looking for a payday.

Knick fan's post-summer 2016: Yea right, This will blow over, just some dumb hoe looking for a payday.

This

beasted86
09-22-2016, 07:21 PM
This thot is after money, I'm convinced none of what she said happened, actually happened.

But Rose possibly deserves this for being a thot himself and being stupid enough to put himself in this position just because he can't find enough groupies for his homeboys themselves and had to share his jumpoff on some jail/gang mentality crap.

Get your own ***** dude!

ManningToTyree
09-22-2016, 07:37 PM

Knick fan's post-summer 2016: Yea right, This will blow over, just some dumb hoe looking for a payday. on point.

uprightciti
09-22-2016, 11:09 PM
The truth is she is making a bad name and case for women that actually do get raped and assaulted this woman must be really sick and sad to have to do this I feel bad for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
09-24-2016, 09:14 AM

Let's assume that Rose feels he is innocent. What is worse: $lut shaming somebody, or accusing an innocent person or rape?

If he is indeed innocent, and this is a case of a jilted lover exacting revenge (which I am not saying it is), then Rose's move, though petty, is far less offensive and far more understandable than her false accusation.

Nobody ever says "she's rape shaming him" in cases where a man was innocent. The damage done to his reputation, if innocent, is irreparable.

Now, if her allegations are proven to be true, this move just make Rose look like a douche bag.

The bottom line is, there IS a double standard. You can accuse somebody of rape, and their name is made public before anything is proven in court. That's not fair. If the person making the accusation wants to protect their anonymity, which is reasonable, then the accused should fairly be able to expect the same, at least in cases where the evidence is he said/she said or inconclusive.

This is also highly suspicious because she opted for the civil trial and not the criminal trial, suggesting she wants money, not justice. Talk of criminal charges didn't come up until people started claiming this was strictly about money.

Both sides of this party seem pretty suspect to me. But bottom line, keep both of their names out of the paper and you don't have this problem. There is a clear double standard when women are allowed to accuse somebody of wrong doing (rape) and use that person's name in public, but when a man accuses a woman of wrong doing (false rape allegation), he's not allowed to use her name in public and is accused of being a '**** shamer' for doing so. Yes, he is a **** shamer, but if he isn't a rapist, then she frankly deserves worse for abusing the system and making things harder for actual victims of sexual assault.

That said, I do not approve of **** shaming, and obviously not rape either, and I think the accuser's name should be kept out of papers, as should the accused's name. It's not hard concept to wrap your head around.

JasonJohnHorn
09-24-2016, 09:36 AM

A lot of women don't go to the police for any number of reasons, the most common of which being that they don't do anything and make them feel like it was their fault.

Not passing judgement on the case, just stating a fact.

JasonJohnHorn
09-24-2016, 09:39 AM

He certainly comes across as a real douche regardless of what the findings end up being.

GiantsSwaGG
09-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Let's assume that Rose feels he is innocent. What is worse: $lut shaming somebody, or accusing an innocent person or rape?

If he is indeed innocent, and this is a case of a jilted lover exacting revenge (which I am not saying it is), then Rose's move, though petty, is far less offensive and far more understandable than her false accusation.

Nobody ever says "she's rape shaming him" in cases where a man was innocent. The damage done to his reputation, if innocent, is irreparable.

Now, if her allegations are proven to be true, this move just make Rose look like a douche bag.

The bottom line is, there IS a double standard. You can accuse somebody of rape, and their name is made public before anything is proven in court. That's not fair. If the person making the accusation wants to protect their anonymity, which is reasonable, then the accused should fairly be able to expect the same, at least in cases where the evidence is he said/she said or inconclusive.

This is also highly suspicious because she opted for the civil trial and not the criminal trial, suggesting she wants money, not justice. Talk of criminal charges didn't come up until people started claiming this was strictly about money.

Both sides of this party seem pretty suspect to me. But bottom line, keep both of their names out of the paper and you don't have this problem. There is a clear double standard when women are allowed to accuse somebody of wrong doing (rape) and use that person's name in public, but when a man accuses a woman of wrong doing (false rape allegation), he's not allowed to use her name in public and is accused of being a '**** shamer' for doing so. Yes, he is a **** shamer, but if he isn't a rapist, then she frankly deserves worse for abusing the system and making things harder for actual victims of sexual assault.

That said, I do not approve of **** shaming, and obviously not rape either, and I think the accuser's name should be kept out of papers, as should the accused's name. It's not hard concept to wrap your head around.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not saying she wasn't rape but if you're rape the last thing you would be thinking about is money.

Vee-Rex
09-25-2016, 12:39 PM

I strive to be neutral no matter what until details come out. The alleged victim shouldn't be shamed nor the accused. I will most likely hold an opinion based on what I know at the time.

With that said, I spent hours reading and deliberating over the transcripts... and it looks BAD for Rose.

This doesn't mean the alleged victim hasn't fabricated or exaggerated certain events. But based on all the details, if I had to make a conclusion I'd say they did rape her.

Sofnr
09-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Rose is now under criminal investigation for the rape.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/derrick-rose-subject-criminal-rape-investigation-lapd-article-1.2806752

Crackadalic
09-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Yeah doesn't look good for Rose. Both sides have too many holes and contradiction but of course Rose will get the blunt of all of this. I'm very neutral on this BTW.

Jane doe might win but again her arguments doesn't fit too well.

colinskik
09-26-2016, 11:31 AM
I just reread the text messages to get a better idea of the situation. Even though the texts she sends a few days later are more accusatory and make Rose look bad, they don't say anything concrete other than she was upset, embarrassed and looking to cut ties.

The texts from the night of don't really shed light on what truly happened IMO. Sure, you can assume a lot of things but you can't say anything definitively based on fact. Just because someone is drunk and asleep doesn't mean they can't wake up and start partying again ... i've seen it countless times -- guys, girls, even I've done it. One min I'm dead to the world and then the next i'm back at it.

The one statement from Rsoe that I think is being misconstrued is that one about going over to her house at 1am and not discussing it with his boys because " that's what guys do." To me, that feels more like Rose is going over their to bang, not his whole entourage.

This really comes down to the difficulty in proving rape. In my heart of hearts I think Rose was in the wrong -- maybe not as severe as some other rape cases, but wrong nonetheless -- i just don't think there's enough to prove it, unless they find additional evidence from the apt building video tapes.

Chronz
09-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Im just tryna put myself in his shoes. You've tried and failed to convince this girl to have group sex WITH YOU and your friends, multiple times and then outta nowhere shes gonna be fine with ****ing JUST your friends? Not buying it and Im looking forward to getting more details on the accused, she may be a **** but even sluts have lines/boundaries, the evidence points to hers being drawn at no gangbangs.

Chronz
09-26-2016, 12:30 PM
My thoughts exactly. I'm not saying she wasn't rape but if you're rape the last thing you would be thinking about is money.
Maybe it has to do with what her lawyers suggest is the best course of action, given the different standards between the 2. Maybe she wants to hurt Rose but not see him thrown in prison, besides, are you gonna say no to money?

Sofnr
09-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Maybe it has to do with what her lawyers suggest is the best course of action, given the different standards between the 2. Maybe she wants to hurt Rose but not see him thrown in prison, besides, are you gonna say no to money?

Regardless of her original intent, maybe just wanted the money, maybe didn't desire prison time, maybe just hoped to remain anonymous, she did eventually file a police report a couple weeks ago. Supposedly because he refused to acknowledge any wrongdoing.

GiantsSwaGG
09-26-2016, 09:49 PM

no but that would be the last thing on my mind if I was gang raped. How do you want to hurt rose but don't want him in prison? Again if you were raped, wouldn't you want justice? Want that person to rot in prison? I'm 50/50 on this I don't believe her and I don't believe rose.

GiantsSwaGG
09-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Regardless of her original intent, maybe just wanted the money, maybe didn't desire prison time, maybe just hoped to remain anonymous, she did eventually file a police report a couple weeks ago. Supposedly because he refused to acknowledge any wrongdoing.

took her long enough

Question, if Rose reimburse her the money, would she even think about accusing him of rape?

Cubs420
09-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Guilty or not, DRose is a special kind of stupid...I dont know to laugh at the guy or feel bad for him.

Have fun with this kid New York...When he isnt playing at a mvp level he wears on you fast.

Stunner
09-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Friend of D Rose's Accuser Comes Forward to State She Lied About Being Rape for Money bit.ly/2dsJpRh

https://twitter.com/bso/status/781288129491791872

DarkKnight
09-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Guilty or not, DRose is a special kind of stupid...I dont know to laugh at the guy or feel bad for him.

Have fun with this kid New York...When he isnt playing at a mvp level he wears on you fast.

Okay thanks for your input

FlashBolt
09-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Rose has too much baggage no one sees from behind the scenes.. Regardless, this is not how an athlete with a child should be acting. He's lucky no one cares as much since he's not as good but WOW, could you imagine this during his MVP seasons? Plus, just because you want to sue for money, doesn't mean you weren't raped. In any case, this is why ATHLETES or CELEBRITIES don't put themselves in a spotlight with people looking to take advantage of you. He's such a hoodlum.