PDA

View Full Version : Flopping averts Brawl at Drew League

IndyRealist
08-23-2016, 09:08 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/basketball-player-flop-drew-league-fight-brawl

"A scuffle broke out during Sundayís Drew League game between teams led by Baron Davis and Nick Young.

The scuffle didnít escalate beyond pushing and shoving, and I think we can all thank former Nebraska basketball player Sek Henry for that.

The flop was so late and so exaggerated that it turned an angry gym into a gym full of laughter. Though there was still a bit of a scuffle after the flop, nobody on either team could really stay angry.

Other than Davis, nearly every player seemed to be laughing rather than fighting. Who would have guessed that flopping was the greatest pacifying force on a basketball court? It all makes sense now."

Tony_Starks
08-23-2016, 09:44 AM
I was there and it was pretty hilarious. Basically the dudes were getting into it and one shoved the other, the dude kindof paused and then just fell out like he had got shot. Everybody just went crazy and afterwards they hugged it out and were cool.

The Drew league actually deserves it own thread btw, the playoffs were some awesome basketball to watch and all the players were super cool.

Chronz
08-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Nice

Tony_Starks
08-23-2016, 01:20 PM
Does anybody know about Casper Ware? I see that he served short time on the Philly tank but it seems like he would've had another shot by now. His J is pure and his defense was impressive too, although he's undersized.

Dude went absolutely berserk and dropped 5 straight threes in a row, a couple with Swaggy draped all over him. 24 points in the quarter.

And these aren't like allstar game/ celebrity games with no defense, these dudes are really trying to lock each other up its like street ball.

IKnowHoops
08-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Does anybody know about Casper Ware? I see that he served short time on the Philly tank but it seems like he would've had another shot by now. His J is pure and his defense was impressive too, although he's undersized.

Dude went absolutely berserk and dropped 5 straight threes in a row, a couple with Swaggy draped all over him. 24 points in the quarter.

And these aren't like allstar game/ celebrity games with no defense, these dudes are really trying to lock each other up its like street ball.

To bad they don't televise games. Bet it would be a huge money maker. Id watch all day

Tony_Starks
08-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Funny story I was talking to Javelle McGees Mom in the lobby. I'm like hey can we get your son on the Lakers because we need all the help we can get. She says she actually would prefer he play for the Lakers because he has a house out here anyway. Also his contract isn't guaranteed with GS and she doesn't think they are going to play him anyway.

I proceed to tell her "hey you better talk to Jeanie Buss because Jimmy doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

Her exact response was: "you know it's a shame that you try to get your kids ready to take over, you don't prepare them right, and he takes a multibillion dollar franchise and just Fs it all up!"

All that to say this: this is really the perception that people in and around the league have of Jimmy. A bungling son that Fd up a great franchise. It's no wonder he can't even get top FAs to even have a sit down.

IndyRealist
08-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Funny story I was talking to Javelle McGees Mom in the lobby. I'm like hey can we get your son on the Lakers because we need all the help we can get. She says she actually would prefer he play for the Lakers because he has a house out here anyway. Also his contract isn't guaranteed with GS and she doesn't think they are going to play him anyway.

I proceed to tell her "hey you better talk to Jeanie Buss because Jimmy doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

Her exact response was: "you know it's a shame that you try to get your kids ready to take over, you don't prepare them right, and he takes a multibillion dollar franchise and just Fs it all up!"

All that to say this: this is really the perception that people in and around the league have of Jimmy. A bungling son that Fd up a great franchise. It's no wonder he can't even get top FAs to even have a sit down.

Until they start winning, agents aren't going to let their players even sniff the Lakers. I'm sure if they had their choice, some players would want to play for a storied team and help turn it around.