PDA

View Full Version : Who is the 18th Best Player in the NBA?

Shammyguy3
08-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Here we go, kicking off #18... Remember, this is based on RIGHT NOW, not necessarily who was the best this past season, or who will be the best. It's a tricky debate, how much do you factor in the playoffs? Injuries? Team-fit? Etc. Here's what we have so far:

1. Lebron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Kawhi Leonard
6. Chris Paul
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Draymond Green
11. DeMarcus Cousins
12. Blake Griffin
13. Jimmy Butler
14. Klay Thompson
15. Damian Lillard
16. LaMarcus Aldridge
17. Kyrie Irving
18. ???

LanceUpperCut
08-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Lowry

HOLD_THIS_L
08-14-2016, 07:20 PM
MELO

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Seizabmc
08-14-2016, 07:41 PM
This whole thread is a joke !
The fact that melo is not on this list and your already up to #18 is besides me .
I can't believe you have guys like Blake griffin , James harden , Anthony Davis , lilard , butler, d green ,L.A, boogie ,pg13 . But you don't have melo up there , LOL !!

What a frigin joke you people are !
Even cp3 , what the hell has he ever won ? Real question .

The only thing melo is missing on his resume is an nba title .
And so far there is only 6guys on this list that have one .

You people are real funny style .
The hate for NY is real !

But let's see what happens from here on out , now that melo actually has some talent to work with .

5ass
08-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Lowry

Shammyguy3
08-14-2016, 09:26 PM
This whole thread is a joke !
The fact that melo is not on this list and your already up to #18 is besides me .
I can't believe you have guys like Blake griffin , James harden , Anthony Davis , lilard , butler, d green ,L.A, boogie ,pg13 . But you don't have melo up there , LOL !!

What a frigin joke you people are !
Even cp3 , what the hell has he ever won ? Real question .

The only thing melo is missing on his resume is an nba title .
And so far there is only 6guys on this list that have one .

You people are real funny style .
The hate for NY is real !

But let's see what happens from here on out , now that melo actually has some talent to work with .

Instead of complaining why don't you present reasoning why Melo should already be up there?

Seizabmc
08-14-2016, 09:36 PM
How about for the simple fact that he is the leader of a team that has 7 other guys already on the list and they all look up to him .

Shammyguy3
08-14-2016, 09:55 PM
How about for the simple fact that he is the leader of a team that has 7 other guys already on the list and they all look up to him .

How is he the leader? And they do not look up to him. Even if they did, that doesn't mean he's better.

Seizabmc
08-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Come on guy , have you even been watching the games . Everyone says it that he's the leader . Everyone from the players to the media , even the coaches .

Not to mention that he holds the record for the most points scored by a USA player in the history of the olympics .

That's gotta stand for something

Seizabmc
08-14-2016, 10:14 PM
Or even better , here's a question for you ,
What has James harden done to consider him the better player ?
Or Damian lilard ?
Or Anthony Davis ?
Or jimmy butler ?
Or Blake griffin ?

I'm not saying that them guys aren't great players .
But to say that there better than melo !
Come on now that's just crazy talk

I understand you can look at the past few seasons record and see that the Knicks have been garbage .
But you also have to take into consideration who these guys are playing with .

I guarantee you that if you take Blake griffin off the clippers and replace him with melo that the clippers would be a better team .

AllDay28
08-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Lillard went from being a projected lottery team to giving the warriors a run in the playoffs after losing his 4 other starters. I highly doubt melo could have taken that blazer team to the playoffs

Seizabmc
08-14-2016, 10:18 PM
You guys don't even have derozan up here and I hate the raptors , but to say that lilard is better than derozan . Ha !
Than why isn't he on the USA squad if he's so good

unleashthebeast
08-14-2016, 10:53 PM
You guys don't even have derozan up here and I hate the raptors , but to say that lilard is better than derozan . Ha !
Than why isn't he on the USA squad if he's so good

Because he declined the invite, like a bunch of players better than Derozan

KnickNyKnick
08-14-2016, 10:57 PM
im still surprised John wall and Melo might not even be TOP 20 to most here? lol

Seizabmc
08-14-2016, 11:04 PM
I would rather have mike Conley on my team than lilard .

And what about wade , I guess he's not considered a top player anymore either

HandsOnTheWheel
08-15-2016, 12:26 AM
Lol

More-Than-Most
08-15-2016, 01:05 AM
You know whats hilarious? People in here complaining for certain guys but bringing not a motha ****ing argument to the table to help support their opinions.

Vee-Rex
08-15-2016, 01:16 AM
I can't imagine what it'd be like if the Knicks were actually contenders. Wow.

This is what happens when fans live in a bubble and are completely ignorant of anything outside their favorite team.

latinofire21
08-15-2016, 10:50 AM
It's real easy to say Knicks fans live in a bubble when the majority of fan bases on psd openly admit they hate New York teams in general. The bias is there which is why I don't think any New York fans should participate in this poll. The op didn't even have melo listed as an option until the 15th pick. Why waste time giving you guys arguements. They are all dismissed anyway. Noah comes to New York he's all of a sudden a terrible pick up. Rose holiday and a 2nd rounder gets traded for Calderon and Lopez and the Knicks suddenly got owned in the trade because Lopez is a top center in the league. You guys are hilarious. Looking forward to the excuses being made when the Knicks are among the top in the east and teams like the clippers are floundering. These rankings are a joke.

kdspurman
08-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Going with Melo again. Thought he took a step forward in terms of play making and even showed more effort defensively IMO.

kdspurman
08-15-2016, 10:52 AM
DeAndre Jordan got a vote? 0_o

archdevil84
08-15-2016, 11:05 AM
after what wade did in the playoffs he deserves to be in the top 20 atleast

HeartOfStarks
08-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Knicks fan here (obviously). I have no problem personally with Melo being listed around 18-20th best in the league. I think that's a pretty fair assessment. It's subjective and sure, maybe he's a bit better than that (could be in 14-16 range if we're being generous), but again I'd say 18th or so is totally fine by me.

What I do take issue with on this list is a guy like Demarcus Cousins. It's clear that his skill has people overrating him, cause statistically, his FG% sucks, his TO rate sucks, his attitude sucks, his defense is suspect at best, and he's been in the league for 6+ years now (I believe) and his team can barely crack 30 wins. I just don't get the love personally. Honestly I wouldn't even want Cousins on my team. As skilled as he is, he's just a big ball of negative energy who thinks he's a point guard half the time. If anyone deserves to be way lower on this list its him. Again just personal opinion but seriously I do not get the infatuation with him AT ALL. Reminds me of how everyone loved Kevin Love back in the day only to realize he was no way near as good as they thought (only Love at least didn't have the worst attitude ever)

Chronz
08-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Knicks fan here (obviously). I have no problem personally with Melo being listed around 18-20th best in the league. I think that's a pretty fair assessment. It's subjective and sure, maybe he's a bit better than that (could be in 14-16 range if we're being generous), but again I'd say 18th or so is totally fine by me.

What I do take issue with on this list is a guy like Demarcus Cousins. It's clear that his skill has people overrating him, cause statistically, his FG% sucks, his TO rate sucks, his attitude sucks, his defense is suspect at best, and he's been in the league for 6+ years now (I believe) and his team can barely crack 30 wins. I just don't get the love personally. Honestly I wouldn't even want Cousins on my team. As skilled as he is, he's just a big ball of negative energy who thinks he's a point guard half the time. If anyone deserves to be way lower on this list its him. Again just personal opinion but seriously I do not get the infatuation with him AT ALL. Reminds me of how everyone loved Kevin Love back in the day only to realize he was no way near as good as they thought (only Love at least didn't have the worst attitude ever)

Bingo, that was the easily the worst selection thus far, not sure what the appeal has been considering hes never had a single great season. I dont expect him to win, I expect him to perform. These Olympics have really shown his warts too, come to think about it, hes always struggled in FIBA play.

nycericanguy
08-15-2016, 02:20 PM

agreed, i'm surprised people give DMC so much LOVE (pun intended) after seeing how Love fell off on an actual good team, and how he couldn't lead a good team. People on here were calling Love a top 5 player and the top PF in the game... which i thought was insane, he always was to me, David Lee with a bit more range.

But people are making the same mistake now with DMC, putting him among the games best... yet he can't even crack 30 wins.

Bruno
08-15-2016, 05:12 PM
what is going on in FIFA is irrelevant to this discussion.

If not maybe we should nominate Nikola Jokic, or talk about how Kenneth Faried was a MVP caliber player.

nycericanguy
08-15-2016, 06:32 PM
what is going on in FIFA is irrelevant to this discussion.

If not maybe we should nominate Nikola Jokic, or talk about how Kenneth Faried was a MVP caliber player.

i wouldnt say its irrelevant, Jokic & Faried arent; playing on all star teams

Chronz
08-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Come on guy , have you even been watching the games . Everyone says it that he's the leader . Everyone from the players to the media , even the coaches .

Not to mention that he holds the record for the most points scored by a USA player in the history of the olympics .

That's gotta stand for something

Why would it stand for something when players of the past went out of their way to not lead the game in scoring? It simply means hes been on more Olympic teams than anyone else. Show me a single teammate who says Melo > KD and I might care, otherwise, lets stick to the actual NBA.

Chronz
08-15-2016, 06:53 PM
It's real easy to say Knicks fans live in a bubble when the majority of fan bases on psd openly admit they hate New York teams in general. The bias is there which is why I don't think any New York fans should participate in this poll. The op didn't even have melo listed as an option until the 15th pick. Why waste time giving you guys arguements. They are all dismissed anyway. Noah comes to New York he's all of a sudden a terrible pick up. Rose holiday and a 2nd rounder gets traded for Calderon and Lopez and the Knicks suddenly got owned in the trade because Lopez is a top center in the league. You guys are hilarious. Looking forward to the excuses being made when the Knicks are among the top in the east and teams like the clippers are floundering. These rankings are a joke.
Except you're relying on generalizations and not actually refuting the arguments made by the PSD members who dont openly loathe the Knicks. Someone such as I, for example. No, what you do is ignore and hope people care more about your unsubstantiated claims than the objective workings of the NBA at large. Again, nobody is going to trust your gut over theirs, especially when they have the numbers backing them and you have nothing but excuses that dont hold up to even the slightest scrutiny.

Chronz
08-15-2016, 06:54 PM
after what wade did in the playoffs he deserves to be in the top 20 atleast

I wanted to vote for him but I honestly think his time is done. Hes got alot of history going against him.

More-Than-Most
08-15-2016, 06:56 PM
I love how people have issues with cousins where he is but not PG at 8... All because Melo isnt a top 15 player. Its like people expect players to not emerge or get better... Because Melo was a top player several seasons ago means he cant drop spots and other players cant get better which has been the case

HeartOfStarks
08-15-2016, 07:25 PM
I love how people have issues with cousins where he is but not PG at 8... All because Melo isnt a top 15 player. Its like people expect players to not emerge or get better... Because Melo was a top player several seasons ago means he cant drop spots and other players cant get better which has been the case

My issues with Cousins have nothing to do with Melo, so hopefully you're referencing someone else and not me. I don't think Melo is a top 15 player in the league at this point. He's probably close to that but I really could care less where he's ranked here. I just hope we make the playoffs this season.

PG had his injury issues but the guy is at least a 2 way player who has taken his team to the playoffs multiple times - in fact at one point he nearly led a team with Roy Hibbert and Lance Stephenson starting on it to the finals (nearly). That's a guy who has shown he can put a team on his back, make mediocre players seem better than they are when they play with him, etc.

To that point, let me throw the ball back in your court... what had Cousins done? And just to throw Melo back in here for a moment, for as much hate as he has gotten through the years (some deserved, fine), he at least put his team on his back season after season out west and got into the playoffs every year there, in the tough *** west, with marginal help for some of those years. Again, what has Cousins done? Other than lose every season...

mavwar53
08-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Lowry for me I'm shocked people are voting Melo. Can't argue he is the leader of team USA, but I would argue that they have no defensive identity because he is the leader, it's a larger Harden IMO and I think Harden is way overrated in here.

Vee-Rex
08-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna go with Wall here. I think Wall is > Lowry. Equivalent scorer in terms of points, but Wall is a much better passer, a better defender, and a better rebounder. 20/10/5.

Lowry is a bit more efficient but that mostly due to getting the whistle more.

Although both have been nothing but ****** TERRIBLE NASTY ******** CRAPPY in the playoffs, I think Wall's playoff performances have been better.

After that, I think it's probably Melo. I know people will choose Melo first which is fine, but I'm a fan of Wall's game and think he's a bit underrated.

Sadds The Gr8
08-16-2016, 12:22 AM
Count me in the "Cousins too high" crowd. Has he even brought his team to 35 wins yet?

nycericanguy
08-16-2016, 08:31 AM
Count me in the "Cousins too high" crowd. Has he even brought his team to 35 wins yet?

last years 33 wins were the most and 1st 30 win season of his career...lol.

When has the best C in the league ever shot 45% while being among the league leaders in TO's? (pretty hard for a C to do)... and then his attitude and taking plays off to top it off... he's like a 7 foot JR/Josh Smith hybrid.

shows you how far the C position has fallen, Ewing in his day was probably regarded as the #5 C or so in the league, but he had his team in contention every year... and in real contention not in "hoping to have a chance at the #8 seed" contention. Ewing played both ends, led by example and never took plays off. you put him on those SAC teams and they win 50 games every year.

kdspurman
08-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Lowry for me I'm shocked people are voting Melo. Can't argue he is the leader of team USA, but I would argue that they have no defensive identity because he is the leader, it's a larger Harden IMO and I think Harden is way overrated in here.

I don't think the defensive identity is on Melo and he surely isn't on Hardens level. It's on the coach to find the right combinations that work defensively.

And honestly, some of these other teams just know how to move the ball and have chemistry. That would make even a good defensive team look worse.

Giannis94
08-16-2016, 12:19 PM
Finally Giannis an option. And only 1 vote>!>! SMH

Chronz
08-16-2016, 12:30 PM
I don't think the defensive identity is on Melo and he surely isn't on Hardens level. It's on the coach to find the right combinations that work defensively.

And honestly, some of these other teams just know how to move the ball and have chemistry. That would make even a good defensive team look worse.

The problem is most definitely on coach K and his starting lineups/hockey subs, these teams are making a mediocre defense look bad. We've got 2 outright liabilities defensively in Kyrie and Melo. Our anchor isn't a leaper and while hes not a plodder, hes easily our worst anchor FIBA history. That leaves Klay and KD to make up the talent deficit and I dont know how you feel about them, at best we have 2 legit 2-way guys at worst we have none. Klay has the rep but hes become abit overrated, hes a great on ball defender but hes not a game changing swing. KD can be, but he cant be the only one going full bore defensively.

Ebbs
08-16-2016, 12:42 PM
MELO LMFAO, this site is so dumb.

Chronz
08-16-2016, 01:05 PM
LMFAO is always the best counter argument

dhopisthename
08-16-2016, 05:59 PM
its embarrassing wade almost won this

5ass
08-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Not one vote for Millsap?

kdspurman
08-16-2016, 06:35 PM
LMFAO is always the best counter argument

Seriously... though he should lmfao that Wade has more votes than the guy he voted for if anything

Chronz
08-16-2016, 08:52 PM
Lowry needs to go soon, I agree with that, even over Wade even if Wade had a great playoff run.

jason
08-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Seriously... though he should lmfao that Wade has more votes than the guy he voted for if anything
Wait till Wade03 sees the results

HOLD_THIS_L
08-16-2016, 10:10 PM
Give me you're top 20 so we can laugh and call you.......

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Shammyguy3
08-16-2016, 11:28 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?913357-Who-is-the-19th-Best-Player-in-the-NBA

continue here;

personally, i take all of Lowry/Conley/Wall/Hayward/Millsap/M.Gasol/Towns over Wade/Melo. I don't anticipate them falling that far, but they are arguably not even a top-30 guy (Wade) or a top-25 guy (Melo).

More-Than-Most
08-17-2016, 12:08 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?913357-Who-is-the-19th-Best-Player-in-the-NBA

continue here;

personally, i take all of Lowry/Conley/Wall/Hayward/Millsap/M.Gasol/Towns over Wade/Melo. I don't anticipate them falling that far, but they are arguably not even a top-30 guy (Wade) or a top-25 guy (Melo).

pretty much my exact opinion

Id have melo 20-23 I guess but wade wouldnt be in my top 25. I dont think he will be a top 30 player this year

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2016, 12:10 AM

continue here;

I dunno about Hayward/Conley/Gasol (I'm worried Gasol foot injury ruins him, but at full health I agree). The rest i'm with u tho

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Melo....D Wade.....John Wall.

Chronz
08-17-2016, 10:16 AM
Melo....D Wade.....John Wall.

Hey according to your sig, which one of the former Miami Big-3 equals Larry Bird? Bosh or Wade? LOL

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Hey according to your sig, which one of the former Miami Big-3 equals Larry Bird? Bosh or Wade? LOL

Ray Allen
(not pictured)

Chronz
08-17-2016, 11:18 AM
Ray Allen
(not pictured)

Bosh must be KAJ (not pictured). Whos MJ and Magic between the 2 left?

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Bosh must be KAJ (not pictured). Whos MJ and Magic between the 2 left?

Not sure but I think Battier was Pippen and James Jones was Steve Kerr tho...

FlashBolt
08-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Lol @ Tony_Starks sig. He hates LeBron so much it is amusing.

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Lol @ Tony_Starks sig. He hates LeBron so much it is amusing.

How you got that...from this...is actually more amusing.

But carry on...

FlashBolt
08-17-2016, 12:38 PM
How you got that...from this...is actually more amusing.

But carry on...

So having three-all time greats of one era hypothetically on the same team as the "Big Three" LeBron formed is not a slight on LeBron? Did you even realize you have a sig?

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 01:14 PM
So having three-all time greats of one era hypothetically on the same team as the "Big Three" LeBron formed is not a slight on LeBron? Did you even realize you have a sig?

It's most definitely a shot at the origin of the Superteam movement but that still doesn't = hate.

It is very possible to recognize a players greatness, respect their game, but still take issue with some of their moves. As someone who respects Kobe yet will quickly point out his "flaws" you of all people should be familiar with that concept.

Hate is a strong emotion. The cats that actually hate Lebron don't hide it, in fact they go out of their way to explicitly say so....the same way the actual Kobe haters like naps or hawkeye do.

Vee-Rex
08-17-2016, 02:47 PM
It's most definitely a shot at the origin of the Superteam movement but that still doesn't = hate.

It is very possible to recognize a players greatness, respect their game, but still take issue with some of their moves. As someone who respects Kobe yet will quickly point out his "flaws" you of all people should be familiar with that concept.

Hate is a strong emotion. The cats that actually hate Lebron don't hide it, in fact they go out of their way to explicitly say so....the same way the actual Kobe haters like naps or hawkeye do.

Love the sig. It's pretty funny.

Chronz
08-17-2016, 02:51 PM

Except the super team started before Miami. Beside, why do you take offense to a player finding teammates that his management couldn't lure, not every player can just force or luck their way onto a big market that has a rich history.

Mainly the sig makes no sense because its a horribly inept comparison. Like I said, Bosh=KAJ and Ray Allen being Bird makes zero logical sense but truly shows off your nonsensical anger/hate. I think people have more respect for guys who openly loathe a player than guys who hide it in plain sight.

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Except the super team started before Miami. Beside, why do you take offense to a player finding teammates that his management couldn't lure, not every player can just force or luck their way onto a big market that has a rich history.

Mainly the sig makes no sense because its a horribly inept comparison. Like I said, Bosh=KAJ and Ray Allen being Bird makes zero logical sense but truly shows off your nonsensical anger/hate. I think people have more respect for guys who openly loathe a player than guys who hide it in plain sight.

You do realize you don't get to define how I feel about a player and the mere notion of that is pretty arrogant right? If I fall into what you define as a Lebron hater then so be it sir, your perception isn't my reality tho.

In short:

Take offense? No

Hate? No

Got jokes? Yes.

If you don't like the joke then don't laugh.

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Love the sig. It's pretty funny.

I thought it was funny.

Good to see somebody else has a sense of humor.

FlashBolt
08-17-2016, 04:37 PM
You do realize you don't get to define how I feel about a player and the mere notion of that is pretty arrogant right? If I fall into what you define as a Lebron hater then so be it sir, your perception isn't my reality tho.

In short:

Take offense? No

Hate? No

Got jokes? Yes.

You can convince yourself all you want but your posts that has anything to do with LeBron usually tend to fall under the "I don't like LeBron because he is better than Kobe." That's what most people see anyway. And your sig is what a typical individual would use when they don't understand context. Two of the players on your sig never had to leave their team because their team was stacked. The other guy stuck it out but their future looked far more promising than Cleveland did with their additions in Pippen and Rodman. Do you really think Kobe sticks it out with that same LAL roster he had from 2004-2006 for seven seasons? He was crying after one season... And yeah, I keep bringing Kobe up.. well, that's because 2004-2006 is a prime example of how an inferior team with the best player won't amount to much.

Chronz
08-17-2016, 04:55 PM
That goes without saying, what you missed from my post is me asking you to explain WHY you feel that way. And how your sig makes any sense when neither of the players he joined were on that historic level.

In short:

Take offense? No

Hate? No

Got jokes? Yes.

Nobodies buying it, you get so defensive that even the slightest scrutiny kills your conviction. Again, explain how your feelings make sense, it perfectly fine if you're one of those guys who makes bad jokes that make zero sense and cant explain away facts just to spread your personal agenda against an individual, just realize that it does make you a hater.

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 06:16 PM
That goes without saying, what you missed from my post is me asking you to explain WHY you feel that way. And how your sig makes any sense when neither of the players he joined were on that historic level.

Nobodies buying it, you get so defensive that even the slightest scrutiny kills your conviction. Again, explain how your feelings make sense, it perfectly fine if you're one of those guys who makes bad jokes that make zero sense and cant explain away facts just to spread your personal agenda against an individual, just realize that it does make you a hater.

Defensive? Pretty ironic coming from the fellow who is getting butt hurt and bewildered over a sig.

Explain what exactly? I, as well as numerous others, have attempted to explain the concept of the biggest star in the league and hands down face of the league making Superteaming acceptable was pretty lame and paved the way for KDs stunt. You for some reason refuse to accept that, and that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that's the general consensus.

This is the part where you and those of your thinking justify his running and counterclaim others didn't do it becuase they didn't have to or would've done it or blah blah blah make believe what if coulda shoulda blah. None of that changes the facts of what actually happened. Others have did it to a certain degree before him but Lebron, to everyone but you apparently, is synonymous with that move.

In short my characterization of Lebron is: one of the greatest players ever, who also ran when it got tough. Twice.

If that makes no sense to you and it's easier to put me in the hater group then be my guest, guy with sig poking fun of a great player who took what another great player did to another level.

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 06:18 PM

Didn't realize the sig had to be historically correct and within context, just thought it was funny.

Put a F on my paper.

SportsFanatic10
08-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Didn't realize the sig had to be historically correct and within context, just thought it was funny.

Put a F on my paper.

That sig or one just like it is years old by now, it is kinda weird timing to bring it back at this point i'd say...

Chronz
08-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Defensive? Pretty ironic coming from the fellow who is getting butt hurt and bewildered over a sig.
Or maybe Im just having a conversation. Like can we admit how stupid it is to compare that trio to the declining trio in Miami?

Explain what exactly? I, as well as numerous others, have attempted to explain the concept of the biggest star in the league and hands down face of the league making Superteaming acceptable was pretty lame and paved the way for KDs stunt. You for some reason refuse to accept that, and that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that's the general consensus.

Popularity doesn't trump facts so whether I accept it or not is irrelevant, I really dont think you can speak for the populace at large much less its intelligentsia. If Bron paved the way for KD, then super teams before him paved the way for him to do what he did, only he has FAR more contextual reasons for doing so. Again, why does it upset you so much that a player goes and gets his own talent when his organizations have failed him. Stop being a jaded Lakers fan.

This is the part where you and those of your thinking justify his running and counterclaim others didn't do it becuase they didn't have to or would've done it or blah blah blah make believe what if coulda shoulda blah. None of that changes the facts of what actually happened. Others have did it to a certain degree before him but Lebron, to everyone but you apparently, is synonymous with that move.

Hate to burst your bubble but context IS part of the facts. You cant erase them with blahblahblah man, Im never going to forget context just cuz its easier for you to rationalize your biased hate.

In short my characterization of Lebron is: one of the greatest players ever, who also ran when it got tough. Twice.

Except that he stayed in Cleveland for 7 years when it was tough whereas someone like Magic/Kobe never wanted the challenge of reviving dead franchises in the first place, not everyone can join the Lakers bro. And honestly, I feel like few blame Bron for leaving more than how he left (TV show), he was obviously never going to win in Cleveland where they couldn't lure a single big fish. Him going back to Cleveland was the story book ending of his career so I dont really care what you make of it, those teams dont win without Bron whereas KD ran to a contender and Kobe was on a team that could actually compete at a contending level without him even on the court. Like of course Kobe doesn't leave that situation but what did he do after a measly 3 years, 1 of which was a complete failure of a season? He demands a trade and the situation in LA became so toxic that KG chose to go form a Superteam in Boston. If not for Pau Gasol, what becomes of them? Shame Cleveland could never land a Pau Gasol, hell they couldn't even land Michael Redd (home town product) and had to settle for Hughes.

If that makes no sense to you and it's easier to put me in the hater group then be my guest, guy with sig poking fun of a great player who took what another great player did to another level.

Yeah, I can actually defend my stance. Never in HISTORY has a player joined a HISTORIC core amidst its prime that had as much success without him whilst leaving a team that would have been favored to win had he simply resigned. Thats ALOT of context.

What Bron did was get tired of carrying trash further than someone like Kobe ever could have, so he finally surrounded himself with some talent and it was on a shallow/injured top heavy team that lacked any viable options at PG/C and had no sense of identity. What KD did is unprecedented, what Bron did was a response to the powers that had more in common with him than anything you've mentioned with KD.

Chronz
08-17-2016, 08:53 PM

Put a F on my paper.

Dude its suppose to be a joke, jokes are suppose to make sense in order to be funny. You're either purposely pretending to not know why that sig came about years ago or you're just that much of a blind hater.

I get the perception at the time was that these guys were huge names but we have the advantage of hindsight now.

Shammyguy3
08-17-2016, 09:12 PM
let's keep it civilized gentleman https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5AQ1bIHi_Ro/maxresdefault.jpg

FlashBolt
08-18-2016, 12:59 AM
Tony doesn't realize that a signature of his is used to prove a point and he still can't find a legitimate reason to defend it. His premise is that LeBron leaves teams. Really? He left the Heat for the worst team in the NBA because he wanted to win a ring for his hometown. What happened to the Heat after he leaves? Hell, it got exposed and even Wade decided to leave. Do you correlate that teams just get worse when LeBron leaves? And not just by a few wins... we're talking him being on 80% of the EC teams right now would be in the Finals. Your signature isn't funny, is what a misinformed Bleacher Report troll would use, and just shows why you continously ignore context. Put Kobe in Cleveland for seven years and then tell me he doesn't demand a trade. Did you really think Kobe didn't play a part in organizing his way into the Lakers franchise? Do you think LeBron leaves the Lakers? Better yet, how many rings would LeBron have right now if he started his career with Shaq? So it's pretty obvious you thought your signature was going to represent what LeBron did but the math just doesn't add up.
It's either you just ignore facts or aren't understanding them. Both show some type of ignorance. Durant left Westbrook. LeBron of 2009 would have traded his left nut to have Westbrook on his team. What is so difficult to understand? Have you ever played basketball or any competitive sport and just realized that some individuals are stuck with terrible teammates?

Chronz
08-18-2016, 01:36 AM
let's keep it civilized gentleman https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5AQ1bIHi_Ro/maxresdefault.jpg

Educate me I dont get it

Tony_Starks
08-18-2016, 01:41 AM
SO Melo is the 18th best player? Well alright!

Chronz
08-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Yeah ok nvm, I shouldn't give a **** about personal sentiment, we're allowed to hate whoever. KD just keeps putting his foot in his mouth tho.

Vee-Rex
08-19-2016, 06:23 PM
I have no reason to defend Tony but you guys are really acting sensitive over his sig. Who cares if it's agenda based and he hates LeBron? All the KD-coward sigs are okay but his isn't?

(and yes I think KD is a coward and joining GS was cowardly and worse than LeBron's decision, so I'm speaking with no bias here)

Chronz
08-19-2016, 06:41 PM
I have no reason to defend Tony but you guys are really acting sensitive over his sig. Who cares if it's agenda based and he hates LeBron? All the KD-coward sigs are okay but his isn't?

(and yes I think KD is a coward and joining GS was cowardly and worse than LeBron's decision, so I'm speaking with no bias here)

Nobody cares, your free to have whatever sig you want but shouldn't it make sense? Like KD actually said those words in my last 2 sigs, its hilarious because its true. So of Bird/Magic/MJ, which one of them is suppose to be Bosh-Wade-Bron, its a gross exaggeration that only highlights ones ignorance/hate. Its not funny because it makes zero sense. Like I appreciate a good sig, say he had that troll picture of Bron crying with some poor words of choice hes used over the years, that at least tells a coherent story I can enjoy.

FlashBolt
08-19-2016, 08:06 PM

You just answered your own question. It's based on his agenda to hate LeBron... and he's being called out for it once again. No one is hating on KD. He's a top three player but the fact is, he's the reason they didn't get to the NBA Finals and so he decided to jet to another team that did get there.