PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: LeBron James resigns with the Cleveland Cavailers, three-years $100 million

FlashBolt
08-11-2016, 05:21 PM
$31 million first year, $33 million second year (highest salary for a season ever). I'm guessing there is a player option in the third year.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that LeBron+Melo+Wade+CP3 are already making plans to join together.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2016, 05:22 PM
does it have an opt out after November this year?

McAllen Tx
08-11-2016, 05:30 PM
does it have an opt out after November this year?
Actually it's Jan 1st. The contract has a list of names and if the Cavs don't acquire any of them by Dec 25th, James can opt out Jan 1st.

Vee-Rex
08-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Yup, if Bron + Melo opt out of the 2018-19 seasons then all 4 of the SuperFriends will be free agents.

Clint Olbrock
08-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Game over.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Actually it's Jan 1st. The contract has a list of names and if the Cavs don't acquire any of them by Dec 25th, James can opt out Jan 1st.

ahhh, gotcha

europagnpilgrim
08-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Lebron probably has a player option after each year embedded in the deal somewhere being the pure business man he is known to be

SoxPatsCeltsBs
08-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Good for him. Brought the City its highest moment in decades and now it's time to get paid.

JasonJohnHorn
08-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Likely one of only 3 or 4 players in the league worht that much.

Chronz
08-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Why not get the better deal next year?

mrblisterdundee
08-11-2016, 09:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of these players eventually earn that:
Kevin Durant
Stephen Curry
Kawhi Leonard
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins
Karl-Anthony Towns.

Yanks All Day
08-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Well-deserved. Can't argue against it.

naps
08-12-2016, 04:12 AM
3 year deal? This is kind of confusing. I thought he was gunning for next year's $230 mill deal. Ofocurse he has incentives on what he committed to. I would like to know why he chose this over waiting for next year's jump.

Sportsguy9695
08-12-2016, 06:30 AM
not surprised to see him get signed. bout time he gets paid like he should

JasonJohnHorn
08-12-2016, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of these players eventually earn that:
Kevin Durant
Stephen Curry
Kawhi Leonard
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins
Karl-Anthony Towns.

I don't doubt that they will all earn more than that.

But I guess the question is whether they 'deserve' it. In all sincerity, I'm really not the person to judge, but I do have my own thoughts.

Durant, Curry and LeBron are not only the very best players in the league, but they also put @$$e$ in seats and sell merchandise. So they don't only help a team win, they help make a team profitable. As a point of comparison, while Tim Duncan was arguably the most impactful player of his generation, Kobe Bryant is the merchandise machine, so while Duncan puts you in a better position to win, Kobe makes you more profitable. Thus, though I would argue that Duncan is more deserving of a higher pay cheque for his on-court production that Kobe (but an admittedly slim margin), Kobe is FAR more valuable in terms of selling merchandise.

I'm not sure Leonard, Davis, or Cousins will ever push merchandise the way LBJ, Curry, and KD do. Westy perhaps. Towns perhaps.

But in addition to on-court and merchandise sales, there is another thing that is more personal to me, and that is philanthropy. You can count the number of athletes who have put more money into charity than LBJ on one hand and still have a couple fingers left over. He recently dedicated like 40 million to paying tuition for working-class students. That is a stand-up act. It's like when Mutumbo pushed for a big deal from the 76ers so that he could build a hospital in his Native country. These guys who put back into their communities and use their agency for bettering the world earn point with me. So when they get a big contract, I respect that, because I know that it isn't just going to go on mansions and fancy cars and strip clubs; these guys care about the people in their community and the world. Now... if a guy earns some money, by all means... enjoy it... have a nice house and a fancy car and hit up the strip clubs. I don't judge for that. But it is nice to see when people leave a legacy behind that extends beyond the basketball court.

So, if you measure on-court production only, I agree that AD and Leonard and Westy, and likely KAT will all deserve max deals, and very likely DMC as well. But I'm not sure any of them will also be merchandise mover of philanthropists on the level that LBJ has been.

Thought I hope to be proven wrong.

Vinylman
08-12-2016, 10:04 AM

yep... and the sad part is that he is WORTH way more than that.

FlashBolt
08-12-2016, 10:30 AM
3 year deal? This is kind of confusing. I thought he was gunning for next year's $230 mill deal. Ofocurse he has incentives on what he committed to. I would like to know why he chose this over waiting for next year's jump.

Because Wade+Melo+CP3+James is coming very soon.

Vinylman
08-12-2016, 10:49 AM

if you are talking about 18/19 let me help you out

Wade... probably done and not playing
Melo... shell of himself
CP3... in the midst of a major decline
Lebron... still playing strong but starting to slowly drop off

Doesn't matter anyway... I can't see CP3 not opting out this year and not signing a massive 5 year deal. it will be his last contract.

Tony_Starks
08-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Now get JR Swish done and defend the crown!

Pistol_Pete
08-12-2016, 01:29 PM
This is too much money. It ruins the game. On the one hand, LeBron taking that messes up what the team can do. He doesn't need that money. Him of all people with a lifetime Nike deal does not need the money. He could take way less and almost guarantee titles with a great supporting cast. On the other hand I get that if he does take less, then every other team will say "well LeBron took less to win, so you should too" and that LeBron is one of the players that's probably worth that money to his team. It's an annoying conundrum in pro sports.

bledrules
08-12-2016, 01:53 PM
yep... and the sad part is that he is WORTH way more than that.

Nobody on the planet is worth that kind of money.
It's a true shame what the NBA has come to,a bunch of tall millionaires with short pants that only care about themselves
Its too bad the younger fans weren't around yet when NBA players actually cared about other things besides money

Scoots
08-12-2016, 02:01 PM
It always bugs me and I know it's pedantic ... BUT ... resign means to quit, what LeBron did was re-sign.

At least that's how it should be.

It was nice of LeBron to re-sign for just 3 years rather than maxing out the length too.

BKLYNpigeon
08-12-2016, 02:14 PM

No way. these guys are going to cash in with long term deals.

jerellh528
08-12-2016, 02:20 PM

I don't think that is a team to fear either way by that time. It'll basically be a bad parody of the current state of the NBA. Nostalgia factor would be it's biggest strength.

Vee-Rex
08-12-2016, 02:37 PM
It always bugs me and I know it's pedantic ... BUT ... resign means to quit, what LeBron did was re-sign.

It was nice of LeBron to re-sign for just 3 years rather than maxing out the length too.

Haha, +1.

Another thing that bugs me... when people say LeBron is 3-7 in the finals. LeBron is 3-4 in the finals. It means 3 wins, 4 losses. The proper form for 3 OF 7 is 3/7.

Scoots
08-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Haha, +1.

Another thing that bugs me... when people say LeBron is 3-7 in the finals. LeBron is 3-4 in the finals. It means 3 wins, 4 losses. The proper form for 3 OF 7 is 3/7.

I've never understood how that is a knock on him either way. If he made 10 finals that would be even more amazing than the 7 he actually made! :)

Scoots
08-12-2016, 02:58 PM
It's a true shame what the NBA has come to,a bunch of tall millionaires with short pants that only care about themselves
Its too bad the younger fans weren't around yet when NBA players actually cared about other things besides money

If you are part of an enterprise that has HUUUUUUUGE revenue you are worth of getting a portion of that revenue. If you are one of the larger reasons said enterprise makes it's money you are worthy of getting a larger portion.

Now, if it is your contention that society over values entertainment ... I can see that. But I have no idea how to get society to stop paying for subscription TV just yet (but it's coming, and boy is it going to be a crash) ... but that has nothing to do with contracts athletes are signing now. Right?

likemystylez
08-13-2016, 08:57 AM

Get your AARP cards Gentlemen.

GodsSon
08-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Underpaid

cmellofan15
08-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Finally getting that Conley money

McAllen Tx
08-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Get your AARP cards Gentlemen.

For autogragh hunters, you will be able to catch them on gamedays at McDonalds @ 7AM drinking coffee.

TylerSL
08-14-2016, 04:37 PM
He'll, deservedly so, become the highest paid player in the league. Lebron will make $31 million in 2016-17, $33 million in 2017-18 and he has a player option for $36 million in 2018-19 that he will certainly opt out of. The $64 million over the next 2 years will push his career earnings to over $237 million in 15 seasons. He will be age 33 when his contract his expires and he will look for his last major payday, where he will look to push his career earnings well over $350 million, probably closer to $400.

What's more, when he becomes a free agent it is very possible that he will become a free agent along with Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, and Carmelo Anthony. Melo signed a 5 year $124 million contract in the summer of 2014, however he has an Early Termination Option (ETO), the same ETO Lebron/Wade/Bosh had in Miami, after the 4th year allowing him to become a free agent if he elects. So basically his contract was 4 years $96 million with an option for $28 million in 18-19. This season will be the 3rd year of his deal, so become a free agent in the summer of 2018 if he opts out of the 5th year.

Chris Paul signed a 5 years $107 million contract in the summer 2013 and, like Melo, he has an ETO after the 4th year, which is 2016-17. So for him to become a free agent with Lebron in 2018 he has to either opt into the final year of his deal or opt out and sign a 1 year deal, like Lebron/KD have been doing, in the summer of 2017.

Dwyane Wade just signed a 2 year $47 million contract with Chicago with a player option for the 2nd year. Wade will certainly opt in next summer because he will be age 35 and he will make $24.3 million in 2017-18. So Wade will be a free agent in 2018 at the age of 36.

Will they join forces in the summer of 2018? Possible, but far from certain. However even if they did they would not be a lock to reach the Finals because of their ages. The 2018-19 season will be Lebron's age 33-34 season, CP3's age 33-34 season, Melo's age 34-35 season, and Dwyane Wade's age 36-37 season. They will all have birthdays during the season putting them in their mid-late 30's. I find it just as likely that they do not join as a team would have to clear their ENTIRE books to even have a chance to make room for all of them considering they would all want a large sum of money. Cleveland won't be able to come up with the cap, not with Love/Thompson/Kyrie still under contract. New York couldn't do it because of Lee/Noah. Chicago couldn't do it because of Butler and they won't have Wade's Bird Rights. The Clippers can't do it because of D'Andre. In two years who knows what the cap will be, maybe $112 million or so, and if is that a max for Lebron would be $39.2 million in 2018-19 and he could sign a 4 year max of about $163 million (assuming he left Cleveland). I'm guessing Chris Paul would want a starting salary of about $28-30 million, Melo would $25 million (he would be opting out of $28 million) and Wade would probably want $20 million. So even if Lebron took a little less than a max, say $36 million in 18-19, it would take virtually all of the cap just get them on the team. A sign and trade would be the best way to make it possible but I'm not certain teams would be willing to help them get together. We'll see but it's not probable, and it probably wouldn't make them favorites even if it gets done.

Jeffy25
08-15-2016, 01:26 PM
if you are talking about 18/19 let me help you out

Wade... probably done and not playing
Melo... shell of himself
CP3... in the midst of a major decline
Lebron... still playing strong but starting to slowly drop off

Doesn't matter anyway... I can't see CP3 not opting out this year and not signing a massive 5 year deal. it will be his last contract.

Wade - 37 years old, could probably play 4-8 minutes per night for multiple seasons. Might sign a league minimum deal just to play on this team
Melo - 34 years old, probably still good for 26-30 minutes per night? Probably a 10 mil range salary?
CP3 - 33 yeras old, probably entering his decline, but you have to remember that a guy like Stockton didn't start to slow down any until he was about 35. Paul could easily still be a dominating PG at this point. Maybe 15 mil salary and playing 26-30 minutes a night?
LeBron - 34 years old, probably still good for 30 minutes per night and might take a salary reduction to play with this team.

These guys don't have to each start and play 36 minutes per night to team up and play together. Remember the 04 Lakers with Payton, Malone, Shaq, Grant, Kobe?

You can insert these guys together on a roster that doesn't have to depend on any of them, they all make less per year and the load can be sitting on 26 year old Kyrie and 27 year old Thompson.

All they would need to do, realistically, is to move 30 year old Love at the end of his deal. Which should be possible (When you have Melo, you don't need Love).

I mean, think about the roster:

C - Thompson - 27 years old - making 17.5 - 30 minutes per night
PF - Melo - 34 years old - making 10? - 25 minutes per night
SF - LeBron - 34 years old - making 33 - 30 minutes per night
SG - Kyrie - 26 years old - making 20 - 36 minutes per night
PG - Paul - 33 years old - making 10? - 30 minutes per night
Bench
Wade - 37 years old - making league minimum - 8 minutes per night?

This is completely possible, joining up trying to win a ring or two in Cleveland at the end of all of this. Just trade Love for some picks or whatever.

Jeffy25
08-15-2016, 01:28 PM
This is too much money. It ruins the game.
How does LeBron James paycheck ruin the game for anybody?

On the one hand, LeBron taking that messes up what the team can do.
They are into the cap range, it's not restricting the team, he's the best player on the planet, and should be paid like it.

He doesn't need that money.
What a person needs and what a person is worth can be two completely different things. In this case, it is. LeBron SHOULD be paid the best in basketball.

Him of all people with a lifetime Nike deal does not need the money. He could take way less and almost guarantee titles with a great supporting cast. On the other hand I get that if he does take less, then every other team will say "well LeBron took less to win, so you should too" and that LeBron is one of the players that's probably worth that money to his team. It's an annoying conundrum in pro sports.
Get rid of the salary cap and you don't have this problem.

Jeffy25
08-15-2016, 01:31 PM

:clap:

And there, your, were, etc.

Having proper grammar is like a 2 second effort.

Bugs me as well.

Jeffy25
08-15-2016, 01:32 PM
I've never understood how that is a knock on him either way. If he made 10 finals that would be even more amazing than the 7 he actually made! :)

I need to applaud again.

As though getting knocked out in the ECF would someone be a better statement to his legacy.

naps
08-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Dude is severely underpaid. He is worth 5 times Conely.

Tony_Starks
08-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Lebron is indeed underpaid. Players like him and Kobe are in the MJ/Magic conversation when you're talking about being bigger than basketball. Where people that don't even know about basketball will watch them. They generate Billions of dollars, hate em or love em.

Once he's gone who takes that mantle, Curry? Westbrook? Could've been KD but I think his move all but killed that, at least for now anyway...

Vinylman
08-17-2016, 11:56 AM

In terms of talent and revenue generation he is underpaid... in terms of some societal contribution you might be on to something but we should wait and see what he uses that money for in the long run

As someone who went to his first game in 1971 I can tell you there is no need to go back to those days when the owners made all the money. The pie has gotten a lot bigger and the players have just gotten a bigger share...

they need to enjoy it now because there is no way that it will last in the long run because ESPN won't overpay again on the next deal like they have on the current one.

Vinylman
08-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Wade - 37 years old, could probably play 4-8 minutes per night for multiple seasons. Might sign a league minimum deal just to play on this team
Melo - 34 years old, probably still good for 26-30 minutes per night? Probably a 10 mil range salary?
CP3 - 33 yeras old, probably entering his decline, but you have to remember that a guy like Stockton didn't start to slow down any until he was about 35. Paul could easily still be a dominating PG at this point. Maybe 15 mil salary and playing 26-30 minutes a night?
LeBron - 34 years old, probably still good for 30 minutes per night and might take a salary reduction to play with this team.

These guys don't have to each start and play 36 minutes per night to team up and play together. Remember the 04 Lakers with Payton, Malone, Shaq, Grant, Kobe?

You can insert these guys together on a roster that doesn't have to depend on any of them, they all make less per year and the load can be sitting on 26 year old Kyrie and 27 year old Thompson.

All they would need to do, realistically, is to move 30 year old Love at the end of his deal. Which should be possible (When you have Melo, you don't need Love).

I mean, think about the roster:

C - Thompson - 27 years old - making 17.5 - 30 minutes per night
PF - Melo - 34 years old - making 10? - 25 minutes per night
SF - LeBron - 34 years old - making 33 - 30 minutes per night
SG - Kyrie - 26 years old - making 20 - 36 minutes per night
PG - Paul - 33 years old - making 10? - 30 minutes per night
Bench
Wade - 37 years old - making league minimum - 8 minutes per night?

This is completely possible, joining up trying to win a ring or two in Cleveland at the end of all of this. Just trade Love for some picks or whatever.

sorry dude... there is no way CP3 / Melo and Lebron are going to take pay cuts in 18/19... now if you want to talk about 20/21 or something like that then maybe...

Also, if Cleveland is in the LT again the next two years they have to get out at some point because of the repeater effect...

Finally, your laker analogy is laughable... Kobe and Shaq were still young... none of those guys will be

TheIlladelph16
08-17-2016, 01:50 PM

Just a couple things here....

1. Players have always cared about money. The NBA in the 80's is a completely different beast in comparison to today's NBA. The players have much more power, so they are able to ensure they are (more) fairly compensated for their services. Revenues are approaching 10 Billion annually for the league, which is magnitudes more than the NBA was making in any other decade. It's only appropriate that the players (the product we pay to see) get a fair share of the revenue increase. If Jordan, Magic, Kareem, or any of the older all-timers were offered Lebron's contract, then they would fall over themselves waiting to accept it. They just didn't have that option when they played.

2. Lebron James' "Decision", easily his most hated moment from fan's perspectives, raised something like $5 Million for the Boys and Girls Club. He's also pledged a **** ton of money to help send a lot of kids to college in Ohio as part of his charity program. I'm sure there are countless other examples of players giving back time, money or resources to better other people's lives that you just don't know or hear about. But they are all just greedy tall dudes that care about only themselves right?

3. If the players are not earning the extra money, then that money is going right back into the billionaire owner's pocket. Why on earth is that the preferable option?

More-Than-Most
08-18-2016, 07:06 AM
How does LeBron James paycheck ruin the game for anybody?

They are into the cap range, it's not restricting the team, he's the best player on the planet, and should be paid like it.

What a person needs and what a person is worth can be two completely different things. In this case, it is. LeBron SHOULD be paid the best in basketball.

Get rid of the salary cap and you don't have this problem.

Pretty much... That being said how much of a pay cut would lebron have to take for them to actually add someone with how far above the cap they are lol... Lebron taking a pay cut does nothing for this current team unless I am wrong and I very well could be but they are way over the cap.

Tony_Starks
08-18-2016, 10:00 AM
Lebron talking about how he has aspirations to be a owner yesterday.

If he is able to pull that off eventually that would be so HUGE. For a player fresh out of high School to parlay that all the way to a ownership level? Especially a guy like him that repped his city, doesn't compromise his values and keeps his team of boys together?

That's movie stuff right there.

LA_Raiders
08-18-2016, 04:55 PM
If this happens CP and Melo would never get a ring. They would be too old to hang with the Warriors.

prodigy
08-19-2016, 03:53 AM
33 million to play a kids game damn!

I always found it funny that players claim they wanna win so bad and they bash their team when they don't win. But that player then sucks every penny of the salary cap that he can. How can u build a winning team when 3-4 players suck the entire cap? lol the irony.

prodigy
08-19-2016, 03:56 AM
Pretty much... That being said how much of a pay cut would lebron have to take for them to actually add someone with how far above the cap they are lol... Lebron taking a pay cut does nothing for this current team unless I am wrong and I very well could be but they are way over the cap.

Teams have to over pay everyone these days. Thomspon makes about 7-8 million more then hes worth, Love about the same, Lebron wants to catch Jordon but then he wants 33 million a season? prob 10-13 million to much.

I always believed contracts should have a base salary then the rest is incentive based. you meet those incentives then you could make many of millions.

More-Than-Most
08-19-2016, 05:03 AM
Teams have to over pay everyone these days. Thomspon makes about 7-8 million more then hes worth, Love about the same, Lebron wants to catch Jordon but then he wants 33 million a season? prob 10-13 million to much.

I always believed contracts should have a base salary then the rest is incentive based. you meet those incentives then you could make many of millions.

yea but lets say he takes that 13 million less what can they do with it? they would still be over the luxury cap and cant sign any outside free agents only their own which they can do nomatter what they pay their players.

McAllen Tx
08-19-2016, 07:53 AM

I always found it funny that players claim they wanna win so bad and they bash their team when they don't win. But that player then sucks every penny of the salary cap that he can. How can u build a winning team when 3-4 players suck the entire cap? lol the irony.

This right here is what made me look at KG totally different. I remember him on TV crying, and I do mean crying with actual tears saying he just wants to win, winning was the most important thing to him. But he was making $20 million a season when the cap was only like $45 million then. This was way back in his early Minny days.

ewing
08-19-2016, 08:24 AM
This right here is what made me look at KG totally different. I remember him on TV crying, and I do mean crying with actual tears saying he just wants to win, winning was the most important thing to him. But he was making $20 million a season when the cap was only like $45 million then. This was way back in his early Minny days.

KG was a big baby

FlashBolt
08-19-2016, 10:18 AM

FYI, Jordan made nearly $33 million in one season for the Bulls. I forgot the year but you can find that out yourself. These guys want to win but they are also trying to get what they're worth. You might be right if you were talking about guys like Carmelo but you're wrong when you think the best player in the world who just carried you to the NBA championship isn't worth 30% of the salary cap. He's worth more than that and I can bet you that if the NBA didn't have a salary cap, don't be surprised if LeBron cracks the $50-60 million salary mark. Play a kids game? Woah, jealous much?

Do you go to work every day thinking, "how can I help this company generate better results and at the same time, take less money to do so?" I really don't think you understand that these guys are getting paid because the overall product is generating tons of money. Owners are already getting their money back because nearly every NBA franchise has increased in value over the years. They shouldn't be pocketing all the revenue as well.

Vee-Rex
08-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Do you go to work every day thinking, "how can I help this company generate better results and at the same time, take less money to do so?".

Lol exactly.

SteBO
08-19-2016, 11:25 AM
FYI, Jordan made nearly $33 million in one season for the Bulls. I forgot the year but you can find that out yourself. These guys want to win but they are also trying to get what they're worth. You might be right if you were talking about guys like Carmelo but you're wrong when you think the best player in the world who just carried you to the NBA championship isn't worth 30% of the salary cap. He's worth more than that and I can bet you that if the NBA didn't have a salary cap, don't be surprised if LeBron cracks the $50-60 million salary mark. Play a kids game? Woah, jealous much?

Do you go to work every day thinking, "how can I help this company generate better results and at the same time, take less money to do so?" I really don't think you understand that these guys are getting paid because the overall product is generating tons of money. Owners are already getting their money back because nearly every NBA franchise has increased in value over the years. They shouldn't be pocketing all the revenue as well.
You're 100% spot on, but you're talking to fans here. Fan self-interest and player self-interest are never gonna be in unison with each other. I'm not excluding myself here either, for I'd be turned off by one or two players (regardless of impact on the floor) talking up damn near all the salary space making it difficult to get other quality players. Doesn't make that right though. Owners shouldn't be hogging up the revenues when they aren't the ones out there putting their bodies on the line to bring those $$$ in.

And if I'm LeBron James....the Cavs winning or losing in the Finals hinges on me anyway. If that's my value, then I deserve to be the highest player in the league and for a change, I'm gonna be.

EDIT: When I say "fans", I mean in general not everyone. There are plenty of team fans that can sympathize I'm sure.

prodigy
08-25-2016, 02:51 AM
yea but lets say he takes that 13 million less what can they do with it? they would still be over the luxury cap and cant sign any outside free agents only their own which they can do nomatter what they pay their players.

Right, those other guys I mentioned would have to take less also, TT has same agent as Bron which is his best friend or one of them. But in years past Lebron and other superstars would rape their teams but then talk about how much they wanna win lol. Just always weird to me.

I don't want anyone to mistake my comment. Players should def try to get every penny, I would too. But if you wanna be a legend and talk about it all the time. Should prob help the team be able to sign players.

prodigy
08-25-2016, 02:58 AM
FYI, Jordan made nearly $33 million in one season for the Bulls. I forgot the year but you can find that out yourself.

no I don't care lol

but you're wrong when you think the best player in the world who just carried you to the NBA championship isn't worth 30% of the salary cap

Ya no, everyone has personal opinions. I'm not even really bashing Lebron for taking 33 million like I said before I prob would too. I Don't believe any Athlete I don't care who you are is worth that type of money. NOBODY. 33 million+ a year. just repeat that to urself. Holy **** lol. You have any idea how much good 10 million of that could do in a community? Wish Lebron does do a lot of charity work, Love him for that. But damn haha.

He's worth more than that and I can bet you that if the NBA didn't have a salary cap, don't be surprised if LeBron cracks the $50-60 million salary mark. Play a kids game? Woah, jealous much?

Yes, aren't we all? So you wouldn't want Lebrons skills and bank account. I love who I am and my life, But would love 33 million haha

FlashBolt
08-25-2016, 11:49 AM
no I don't care lol

Ya no, everyone has personal opinions. I'm not even really bashing Lebron for taking 33 million like I said before I prob would too. I Don't believe any Athlete I don't care who you are is worth that type of money. NOBODY. 33 million+ a year. just repeat that to urself. Holy **** lol. You have any idea how much good 10 million of that could do in a community? Wish Lebron does do a lot of charity work, Love him for that. But damn haha.

Yes, aren't we all? So you wouldn't want Lebrons skills and bank account. I love who I am and my life, But would love 33 million haha

Wtf? You go on ranting about LeBron wanting to catch Jordan and use him wanting $33 million as evidence that he won't when Jordan himself made $33 million in 1998? Again, that isn't even adjusted for inflation. It's around $48 million in 2016 dollars. So Jordan basically made nearly $50 million but LeBron can't catch him because he wants $33 million? That doesn't even make sense.

Secondly, LeBron generates tons of dollars for his community. His own personal influence and inspiration is worth more than any dollar amount he spends.. I think you're having a hard time realizing that LeBron getting paid is because YOU are watching NBA games.

Vee-Rex
08-25-2016, 12:59 PM
no I don't care lol

Thems the breaks. It's like that for the entire entertainment industry in a capitalistic society.

Wade n Fade
08-26-2016, 09:03 AM
It might be safe to say that LeBron is retiring a Cav after finishing his current tenure there. It's a shame because a city like Cleveland doesn't deserve to have a LeBron. If Cleveland folks were as classy as San Antonio folks, then they would "deserve" LeBron.

Vee-Rex
08-26-2016, 10:45 AM
It might be safe to say that LeBron is retiring a Cav after finishing his current tenure there. It's a shame because a city like Cleveland doesn't deserve to have a LeBron. If Cleveland folks were as classy as San Antonio folks, then they would "deserve" LeBron.

idk bro, you might be right but at least CAVS fans are better than heat fans

Wade n Fade
08-26-2016, 11:01 AM
idk bro, you might be right but at least CAVS fans are better than heat fans

Lmao, that's a good one. Pissing on LeBron urinal cakes? How about burning his jersey, mattresses, and any other memorabilia associated with him? Then you guys whore out for him to come back. Your owner is a POS anyways.

Vee-Rex
08-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Lmao, that's a good one. Pissing on LeBron urinal cakes? How about burning his jersey, mattresses, and any other memorabilia associated with him? Then you guys whore out for him to come back. Your owner is a POS anyways.

1.3 million

Wade n Fade
08-26-2016, 11:45 AM
1.3 million

So what about an estimate about the Cuyahoga County population? The Cuyahoga River caught on fire and led to the Clean Water Act. Cleveland is nothing more than a dump. It's economically challenged. LeBron's presence literally adds so much to the Cleveland economy. Let's not forget that Cleveland has had $.10 Beer Night, chucked bottles on the field against the Jags, amongst other stuff the fans do.

Vee-Rex
08-26-2016, 11:58 AM
So what about an estimate about the Cuyahoga County population? The Cuyahoga River caught on fire and led to the Clean Water Act. Cleveland is nothing more than a dump. It's economically challenged. LeBron's presence literally adds so much to the Cleveland economy. Let's not forget that Cleveland has had $.10 Beer Night, chucked bottles on the field against the Jags, amongst other stuff the fans do.

Cavs parade:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cavs+parade+2016&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=752&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM_oiYt9_OAhVMmh4KHTEHDKsQ_AUICCgD

Heat parade:

http://premierguidemiami.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/parade-569x351.jpg

prodigy
09-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Heat have Fans? lmao, big 3 used yall franchise like a fiddle. Plus Pat Riley chased Lebron and Wade out of Miami showing little class they have. Riley telling Lebron he's making the biggest mistake of his life going back to Cleveland. (Clearly the best decision). Then Screwing with Wade over and over again.

Miami has an awful fan base in general. Other then the Dolphins kinda...

Cleveland is well known for one of the best fan bases in the country.

Clint Olbrock
09-02-2016, 10:35 AM

Why are you so mad at CLE? lol

MTL_123
09-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Heat have Fans? lmao, big 3 used yall franchise like a fiddle. Plus Pat Riley chased Lebron and Wade out of Miami showing little class they have. Riley telling Lebron he's making the biggest mistake of his life going back to Cleveland. (Clearly the best decision). Then Screwing with Wade over and over again.

Huh??? I know Miami doesn't have a great basketball fan base but stop acting like Cleveland has a super amazing fan base like boston or OKC

2010: Cavs ranked 2 in attendances
2011: 3rd
2012: 19th
2013: 22nd
2014: 16th

per espn

Thats an amazing fan base really??? Miami doesn't have a great fan base but stop lying to yourself and thinking Cleveland has a great one

Vee-Rex
09-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Huh??? I know Miami doesn't have a great basketball fan base but stop acting like Cleveland has a super amazing fan base like boston or OKC

2010: Cavs ranked 2 in attendances
2011: 3rd
2012: 19th
2013: 22nd
2014: 16th

per espn

Thats an amazing fan base really??? Miami doesn't have a great fan base but stop lying to yourself and thinking Cleveland has a great one

Lol what are you on?

All you did was post attendance numbers for a team ranking last/near last in win/loss record. The fact that a bottom-feeding team still had attendance that averaged out to be 15th in the NBA during LeBron's 4 Miami years is pretty damn good. Still, our fandom transcends even those attendance numbers.

Cavs fans have always been strong. Now if you're talking about CLEVELAND fans... you got another thing coming. The Cleveland Browns have been completely atrocious for the past 20 years, yet we still have THE LARGEST organized fan base in the world, and is the largest organized fan base in all sports. World-wide, Browns Backers bars are found in Egypt, Japan, Australia, Canada, and even Antarctica.

Let me repeat. The Cleveland Browns have been PUTRID for a long time now, yet we still have an amazing fan-base. If the Browns ever became a playoff team/contending for a Super Bowl... look out.

You're a complete fool if you think Cleveland doesn't have an amazing fan-base. Some individual Cleveland fans do stupid things - no doubt. I can list pretty much all of those things. But the passion is something that you can't take away from us, whether the team we're rooting for sucks or not.

FlashBolt
09-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Why are Miami fans arguing with Cleveland fans about who has the better fanbase? That much is frickin evident already. This is not baiting but out of pure experience. I was at a Heat game three years ago. Crowd showed up late, leaves early before the halftime, comes back midway through the third (or sometimes just before the fourth starts). If the game is close, they stay. If the game isn't, they leave a few minutes before the game officially ends. I get it, Miami is exciting and there's more things to do. But I felt that compared to the average home court fans, Miami was definitely on the lower tier. These guys don't show up and really care for the winners. They show up to burn some time and move on with their day. I've never seen that with most NBA home games. I'm not speaking about the majority of Heat fans but how many Heat fans on PSD have ever made a case for having a legitimate discussion? There's a Heat fan who was a mod or something and he was the only guy I ever saw make any compelling arguments. Cleveland fans are definitely more passionate than Miami fans.. and this is coming from someone who thinks Cleveland is a terrible city (sorry). Remember the NBA Finals game 6 Heat vs Spurs? Fans leave and then try to barrage back inside when Heat caught up. Which fans do that?

MTL_123
09-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Lol what are you on?

All you did was post attendance numbers for a team ranking last/near last in win/loss record. The fact that a bottom-feeding team still had attendance that averaged out to be 15th in the NBA during LeBron's 4 Miami years is pretty damn good. Still, our fandom transcends even those attendance numbers.

Cavs fans have always been strong. Now if you're talking about CLEVELAND fans... you got another thing coming. The Cleveland Browns have been completely atrocious for the past 20 years, yet we still have THE LARGEST organized fan base in the world, and is the largest organized fan base in all sports. World-wide, Browns Backers bars are found in Egypt, Japan, Australia, Canada, and even Antarctica.

Let me repeat. The Cleveland Browns have been PUTRID for a long time now, yet we still have an amazing fan-base. If the Browns ever became a playoff team/contending for a Super Bowl... look out.

You're a complete fool if you think Cleveland doesn't have an amazing fan-base. Some individual Cleveland fans do stupid things - no doubt. I can list pretty much all of those things. But the passion is something that you can't take away from us, whether the team we're rooting for sucks or not.

All this is irrelevant because Miami has a huge fanbase for their dolphins yet that doesnt stop people saying Miami fanbase is trash. Yes its not the best fan base we do have alot of horrible bandwagon fans but stop acting like Cavs fans are some of the greatest of all time. Based on attendance after Lebron left shows theirs not.

MTL_123
09-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Why are Miami fans arguing with Cleveland fans about who has the better fanbase? That much is frickin evident already. This is not baiting but out of pure experience. I was at a Heat game three years ago. Crowd showed up late, leaves early before the halftime, comes back midway through the third (or sometimes just before the fourth starts). If the game is close, they stay. If the game isn't, they leave a few minutes before the game officially ends. I get it, Miami is exciting and there's more things to do. But I felt that compared to the average home court fans, Miami was definitely on the lower tier. These guys don't show up and really care for the winners. They show up to burn some time and move on with their day. I've never seen that with most NBA home games. I'm not speaking about the majority of Heat fans but how many Heat fans on PSD have ever made a case for having a legitimate discussion? There's a Heat fan who was a mod or something and he was the only guy I ever saw make any compelling arguments. Cleveland fans are definitely more passionate than Miami fans.. and this is coming from someone who thinks Cleveland is a terrible city (sorry). Remember the NBA Finals game 6 Heat vs Spurs? Fans leave and then try to barrage back inside when Heat caught up. Which fans do that?

YEah not going to lie that was pretty bad for our fan base but dont act like other team fan bases dont act like that too.

Knick fans are probably the biggest die hard fans and they even left during a playoff game. Remember Pacers vs Knicks reggie millers 8pts in 9 secs.

Also ill say it again Heat fan base isn't the greatest but dont act like your fan base is so much more superior because its not.

Vee-Rex
09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
[/B]

All this is irrelevant because Miami has a huge fanbase for their dolphins yet that doesnt stop people saying Miami fanbase is trash. Yes its not the best fan base we do have alot of horrible bandwagon fans but stop acting like Cavs fans are some of the greatest of all time. Based on attendance after Lebron left shows theirs not.

Any fan-base will drop in attendance if their star player leaves which causes the team to go into irrelevancy. Imagine if the only superstar OKC had was Durant and he left... their attendance would drop big time. You can't measure a fan-base's passion based on attendance numbers after their superstar leaves.

I don't think anyone has claimed that the Cavs fan-base is one of the greatest ever, so stop with the hyperbole.

For clarification purposes:

Cavs have a good/great fan-base (depending on perspective, I suppose).

Cleveland (the city) has an amazing sports fan-base.

IKnowHoops
09-03-2016, 01:25 AM

And now they are screwing Bosh. Business is business, I get that, but the Lakers really showed what a classy organization does when the guy who carried their franchise is on the way out. Spurs did the same with Duncan and Drob. Miami is pitiful in that respect. This is why I am a fan of players more than teams. Look at what that team did to the players who made them what they are. Its despicable.

And there fans...well, I'm not going to dog a fanbase because Miami definitely has some great fans. A lot are on this forum. But one in this forum in particular left them because of his hatred for Bron, and cheered for the Bulls instead. And then once Lebron left he came back to be a Heat fan. Thats some crazy stuff right there. It seems like I jump around from team to team, but really I am just staying true to my favorite players. This guy stayed true to hating his most hated players, so much so that he left his favorite team. It was more important to hate his most hated player than to cheer for his favorite team. LOLOLOLOL. Thats crazy.

And then there is obviously Game 6 when fans left the building thinking the Heat were going to loose? No love. Only to get locked out of the building when they tried to come back in after realizing there team had won. LOLOL. Now look at Toronto fans cheering there team on for 20 minutes after they had been eliminated by Cleveland this year.

I'd have to say as a whole, the Miami Heat fanbase is the worst I've seen in sports. No disrespect to the great Miami fans, some of which reside on this site.

IKnowHoops
09-03-2016, 01:34 AM

I agree, but to be fair, the Cavs forum is the deadest forum on PSD and its not close. Even in a championship year it is crickets den a MF in their.

prodigy
09-03-2016, 02:25 AM
Lol what are you on?

Don't forget the Indians had the longest sell-out streak in baseball during the 90's.

prodigy
09-03-2016, 04:39 AM
I agree, but to be fair, the Cavs forum is the deadest forum on PSD and its not close. Even in a championship year it is crickets den a MF in their.

Because this forum has become a joke other then a few good posters. Cavs have quite a few very popular sports forums and general sports forums. Don't know if I can list them or if that will get my post deleted.

FlashBolt
09-03-2016, 10:09 AM

Most of them are dead outside of the Lakers, Knicks, etc., PSD is not indicative of the entire fanbase. Just from MY OWN personal experience and hell, even watching the game, Heat fans are super casual in how they approach the game.

Clint Olbrock
09-03-2016, 10:09 AM

Yeah, parroting what prodigy already said but there are 2 or 3 forums dedicated to strictly Cavs that are super busy. Both i belong to always have fans of other teams show up to talk ball because there is so much traffic on em.