PDA

View Full Version : 15th Best Player in the NBA

Shammyguy3
08-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Here we go, kicking off #15. Remember, this is based on RIGHT NOW, not necessarily who was the best this past season, or who will be the best. It's a tricky debate, how much do you factor in the playoffs? Injuries? Team-fit? Etc. Here's what we have so far:

1. Lebron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Kawhi Leonard
6. Chris Paul
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Draymond Green
11. DeMarcus Cousins
12. Blake Griffin
13. Jimmy Butler
14. Klay Thompson
15. ????

valade16
08-06-2016, 02:19 PM
By our own rankings, GS has 4 top 15 players.

Dade County
08-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Lillard.

We all remembee when Irving didnt have Lbj, his team couldn't really do anything in the weak east. Not takeing shots, its just that Irving is just a talented scorer & we saw how far that got him without a true number 1.

AllDay28
08-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Lillard

KobeOwnSU
08-06-2016, 02:55 PM
It's gotta be Lillard now. He is definitely a top 15 player.

WaDe03
08-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Wade.

We all remembee when Irving didnt have Lbj, his team couldn't really do anything in the weak east. Not takeing shots, its just that Irving is just a talented scorer & we saw how far that got him without a true number 1.

Bruno
08-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Towns is better than every player left on the board. Two way monster.

cmellofan15
08-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Lillard.

You mean his first and second years in the league? LMAO

FlashBolt
08-06-2016, 06:42 PM

Please stop acting like that Cleveland squad was any good to begin with. That's not a knock on Irving at all. That organization was just terribly bad at every facet of management. What you saw was how bad a team is without LeBron covering their *****. I don't see a huge difference in gameplay from Irving to Lillard. Both are terrible defenders and Irving is the better scorer. I guess Lillard is healthier?

FlashBolt
08-06-2016, 06:43 PM
Wade.

Yeah, the same Wade who has done nothing for Miami the past two seasons since LeBron left... stop please..

Vee-Rex
08-06-2016, 07:28 PM
It's interesting to see all the auto-Lillard posts so far. My point is proven.

Going with Uncle Drew. I can't wait tell PSD "I told you so" this upcoming season.

WaDe03
08-06-2016, 07:34 PM
So can you elaborate on what exactly he did that was so impressive? And please don't call anyone names. The worst thing about Wade joining the Bulls is that Bulls fans on this forum now have to deal with your bs such as "Wade is the greatest SG the Bulls ever had."

The worst thing about LeBron joining any team is that now the fans have to see you on your knees everywhere while also being a fan of 9 other teams.

As for the discussion I've stated my stance multiple times on here and the only argument I got was that Wade is 34. What do you consider as doing nothing? Wade didn't lead them to a championship or something? If that's the case then Kd and Russ didn't do anything for the Thunder and there are many Other examples.

FlashBolt
08-06-2016, 07:45 PM
The worst thing about LeBron joining any team is that now the fans have to see you on your knees everywhere while also being a fan of 9 other teams.

As for the discussion I've stated my stance multiple times on here and the only argument I got was that Wade is 34. What do you consider as doing nothing? Wade didn't lead them to a championship or something? If that's the case then Kd and Russ didn't do anything for the Thunder and there are many Other examples.

You said Wade is the 15th best player because you are saying Irving didn't lead the Cavs anywhere before LeBron came. Fair argument. Now, tell me what Wade has done since LeBron has been gone... nothing spectacular at all. In fact, this just exposed the Miami Heat of how dependent they were on LeBron. When you are the best team for four seasons and that one player leaves and you turn to irrelevancy, that's a clear sign that LeBron was just too valuable for the Heat. And once again, you are the one getting upset here by calling people dumb when you have been called out by numerous amount of posters for being a bandwagon fan and I was the only guy saying you can be a fan of who you want to be. Don't get upset here with me when I'm just asking you to tell me what Wade did that made him the 15th best player.

Sadds The Gr8
08-06-2016, 07:59 PM
Lillard then Kyrie at 16. 17 should be interesting tho. Lowry/Melo/LMA/Wall/Millsap all have a case for that spot.

allSUAVE
08-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Psd is a joke ,how the hell is green, butler , klay and griffin better than Melo .. 😭😭

Vee-Rex
08-06-2016, 09:24 PM
Psd is a joke ,how the hell is green, butler , klay and griffin better than Melo .. 😭😭

Your sig is a joke.

More-Than-Most
08-06-2016, 11:41 PM
Wade.

wade :laugh:

My god bro just stop... We also remember when Wade had Lebron James and cost them time and time again.

LanceUpperCut
08-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Lillard rather easy.

More-Than-Most
08-06-2016, 11:45 PM
It's interesting to see all the auto-Lillard posts so far. My point is proven.

Going with Uncle Drew. I can't wait tell PSD "I told you so" this upcoming season.

My take is Lillard has done more with less... Irving has had Lebron period... Lillard carried his team to the playoffs with who? If we are just trying to give Kyrie the jump because of the finals then we need to take into account how lillard willed his team into the playoffs without a lebron james... Both are bad defenders but what exactly has kyrie done better than Lillard in the regular season?

You are basically telling us to forget the entire regular season and go by the finals? That would be fine if they were close statistically but are they? On top of that if Kyrie had the track record of just being flat out better but he doesnt.... No doubt Kyrie stepped it up in the finals but lillard carried his team to the playoffs with no help.

More-Than-Most
08-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Lillard then Kyrie at 16. 17 should be interesting tho. Lowry/Melo/LMA/Wall/Millsap all have a case for that spot.

I would have Lillard/LMA both over Kyrie... Then Kyrie/Lowry/Millsap/Towns

More-Than-Most
08-06-2016, 11:48 PM

How arent they? I would love to hear the case right now for Melo over those 4.

allSUAVE
08-07-2016, 12:06 AM
How arent they? I would love to hear the case right now for Melo over those 4.
What the **** ? It's self explanatory , do u watch basketball?? !!!! Melo is way better than those guys , he just don't have help guy.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-07-2016, 12:34 AM
Melo's top 5 bro.

jimm120
08-07-2016, 01:20 AM
By our own rankings, GS has 4 top 15 players.

Klay is good, but he's kind of like Allan Houston. A damned good player and that's it. People here are overrating him.

Green I can understand, because of his defense and offensive combo. But Klay? Nah.

As for what GS has...you're right. Sure, they lost Bogut and Barnes, but they gained a top 3 player. So, a top 40 player and a top 80 player for a top 3? Sure fire win.

jimm120
08-07-2016, 01:21 AM
Lillard.

I've been saying it in all of the topics. Irving is good, but with the season he had, I'm not ranking him in the top 20. JUST cause he had a good finals does not mean his season performance or even playoff performance was great. Can't base the ranking on just 1 series, when he played 3 more in the playoffs and also a whole regular season.

WaDe03
08-07-2016, 02:41 AM
wade :laugh:

My god bro just stop... We also remember when Wade had Lebron James and cost them time and time again.

What? What did Wade cost them?

More-Than-Most
08-07-2016, 03:10 AM
What the **** ? It's self explanatory , do u watch basketball?? !!!! Melo is way better than those guys , he just don't have help guy.

Make the case without the whole he doesnt have help crap... Does he need help yes... But if you are gonna put him above guys who have just been flat out better by a good bit you need more than his lack of help when other factors like how those guys outside of butler play in what was known as a much tougher conference for years all whille recently all being much better all around players statistically. Make your argument.

More-Than-Most
08-07-2016, 03:11 AM
What? What did Wade cost them?

The entire playoffs/finals the year before lebron left? Lebron rolled because he was getting no help from wade/bosh.

Unless you think 16/4/4 on 44 percent shooting and 25 percent 3pointpercent and almost 3 turnovers a game is godly... Which when it comes to wade you clearly do.

As for the topic there is no argument for wade in the top 20 over the guys being discussed. In what universe is he better than Blake/Butler/Lillard?

Vee-Rex
08-07-2016, 09:51 AM
My take is Lillard has done more with less... Irving has had Lebron period... Lillard carried his team to the playoffs with who? If we are just trying to give Kyrie the jump because of the finals then we need to take into account how lillard willed his team into the playoffs without a lebron james... Both are bad defenders but what exactly has kyrie done better than Lillard in the regular season?

You are basically telling us to forget the entire regular season and go by the finals? That would be fine if they were close statistically but are they? On top of that if Kyrie had the track record of just being flat out better but he doesnt.... No doubt Kyrie stepped it up in the finals but lillard carried his team to the playoffs with no help.

Ugh, there's so much wrong with this.

I'm done with it, though. Every time I hijack a thread and bring up valid points no one is able to refute them (just like the 14th best player thread) and I just find myself repeating it over and over without any response.

I will say that you're extremely ignorant of the Trail Blazers if you think Lillard had no help.

Dade County
08-07-2016, 09:57 AM

What a joke...

You mean to tell me you are not factoring in when Lbj went back to the Cavs, & Lbj took a stretch of games off, Irving and Love had a bad record leading the team, & lbj had to come back to save their butts?

Also you have to know, Irving play style doesn't produce a winning style of basketball.

Its been proven.

WaDe03
08-07-2016, 12:12 PM
The entire playoffs/finals the year before lebron left? Lebron rolled because he was getting no help from wade/bosh.

Unless you think 16/4/4 on 44 percent shooting and 25 percent 3pointpercent and almost 3 turnovers a game is godly... Which when it comes to wade you clearly do.

As for the topic there is no argument for wade in the top 20 over the guys being discussed. In what universe is he better than Blake/Butler/Lillard?

So they're even then because LeBron cost them the 2011 Finals. Wade was noticeably injured while LeBron just choked and couldn't even post JJ Barea. Wade is better than Klay and Klay has already been selected and he's also better than Butler. Idc if people don't think he is better, that's fine, but let's just be honest here and say that you don't like Wade. You discount Wade more than anyone on this forum by saying that he's barely average but it makes sense now, you do it because he was too injured to help in 2014, which has nothing to do with right now btw.

Shammyguy3
08-07-2016, 02:17 PM
How is Wade better than Klay or Butler though? There is no argument to be made honestly

valade16
08-07-2016, 03:06 PM
It's interesting that LMA left Portland viewed as better than Lillard and put up better advanced stats than he ever did in Portland and Lillard put up the same stats as before and now Lillard is considered better than LMA. There is something to be said for Lillard putting up the same stats with far less help and what he did leading the team but still.

I think Lillard and Kyrie are bear equal but preference I'd rather have Lillard, but they should go right around each other (and don't forget Kyrie abused Lillard in Team USA tryouts that one year).

That being said, KAT is going to be better than both very early next season (if he isn't already).

FlashBolt
08-07-2016, 03:19 PM
So they're even then because LeBron cost them the 2011 Finals. Wade was noticeably injured while LeBron just choked and couldn't even post JJ Barea. Wade is better than Klay and Klay has already been selected and he's also better than Butler. Idc if people don't think he is better, that's fine, but let's just be honest here and say that you don't like Wade. You discount Wade more than anyone on this forum by saying that he's barely average but it makes sense now, you do it because he was too injured to help in 2014, which has nothing to do with right now btw.

How is that relevant to what we said? And you're literally the only guy here saying Wade is better than Butler and Thompson..

KnickNyKnick
08-08-2016, 08:51 AM

i was thinking the same... and common.... John Wall not even top 15? :facepalm:

Miltstar
08-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Ugh, there's so much wrong with this.

I'm done with it, though. Every time I hijack a thread and bring up valid points no one is able to refute them (just like the 14th best player thread) and I just find myself repeating it over and over without any response.

I will say that you're extremely ignorant of the Trail Blazers if you think Lillard had no help.

its all just a matter of opinion when players are that close. List rankings don't really mean a whole lot, just fun for stirring up debates. Tier rankings are a lot more realistic because on any given day Lillard could look much better than Kyrie and vice versa. I'll agree with most everyone else here that they are very similar players.

Vee-Rex
08-08-2016, 09:41 AM
its all just a matter of opinion when players are that close. List rankings don't really mean a whole lot, just fun for stirring up debates. Tier rankings are a lot more realistic because on any given day Lillard could look much better than Kyrie and vice versa. I'll agree with most everyone else here that they are very similar players.

Truth.

+1

Hawkeye15
08-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Towns. I am being a homer here, but I think he is going to dominate as soon as this year. I would take him in this spot right now.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2016, 10:46 AM

tier system is how I rank my all timers, etc. I agree with your statements here

latinofire21
08-08-2016, 11:23 AM
i was thinking the same... and common.... John Wall not even top 15? :facepalm:

Let the season play out fellas. lol When Griffin punches the lead cheerleader and breaks his hand we will still wonder if hes a top 15 player. lol

Chronz
08-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Yeah LMA is getting underrated now that I think about it

Let the season play out fellas. lol When Griffin punches the lead cheerleader and breaks his hand we will still wonder if hes a top 15 player. lol

Would you be willing to sig bet that doesn't happen?

FlashBolt
08-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Lots of "Why is my favorite player not higher on this list" but zero actually giving any reasons as to why they should be. Don't be upset. Carmelo should probably be top 15 but saying it doesn't convince anyone. It's actually pretty crazy how many good players we have in this league. Carmelo Anthony might not even crack top 20.

Tony_Starks
08-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Wonder how far Wade and Melo go down? Seems like the 30s.

Wowzers.

LanceUpperCut
08-08-2016, 08:38 PM
People need to give Lillard credit. The guy carried that Portland team where other guys like Cousins and Davis fail to do with their teams.

Dade County
08-08-2016, 11:51 PM
Wonder how far Wade and Melo go down? Seems like the 30s.

Wowzers.

I'm voting for Wade after 3 more picks. I rather him then alot of these so called stars.

More-Than-Most
08-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Someone tell me how Melo/Irving is/are/have been better than LMA? Make the case please... I Cant understand how that is even remotely feasible.

Dade County
08-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Someone tell me how Melo/Irving is/are/have been better than LMA? Make the case please... I Cant understand how that is even remotely feasible.

LMA should be picked next so dont worry.

sharqstealth
08-09-2016, 05:05 AM
Here we go, kicking off #15. Remember, this is based on RIGHT NOW, not necessarily who was the best this past season, or who will be the best. It's a tricky debate, how much do you factor in the playoffs? Injuries? Team-fit? Etc. Here's what we have so far:

1. Lebron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Kawhi Leonard- Not top 5, CP3 AD better than him, even Aldridge
6. Chris Paul
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Draymond Green -Really??? He is the best role player in the league hands down. I bet ya he can't lead a team on his own.
11. DeMarcus Cousins- How's Sacramento since they had DMC? How many playoff games does he have in his career???
12. Blake Griffin- Without his athletic jumping ability he is nothing.
13. Jimmy Butler- Good 2 way player, a hardworker but not a top 15 player at this point.
14. Klay Thompson
15. ????

This thread is garbage.

Shammyguy3
08-09-2016, 09:10 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?913112-16th-Best-Player-in-the-NBA

continue here

FlashBolt
08-09-2016, 06:44 PM

What's your case that LMA is better?

More-Than-Most
08-10-2016, 01:09 AM
What's your case that LMA is better?

More efficient 2way player over the past 3 years when compared to Kyrie... People are trying to give Kyrie a nudge because he upped his playoff play this past season... WTF DID LMA DO? LMA in the playoffs WITHOUT HAVING LEBRON ****ING JAMES.... 23 and 9 on 52 percent shooting BUT WAIT....

In 5 games the year before in the playoffs... 22/11 with 2 blocks a game but yes he did shoot poorly and again its only 5 games right?

Lets go the year before IN THE PLAYOFFS where he played 11 games out WEST when the WEST wasnt just top heavy but down right insane... 26 and 11 on 46 percent shooting.

Everyone is trying to make a case for Kyrie and using these past playoffs as some sort of reasoning but LMA has been better in the playoffs longer WITHOUT a lebron type player that is literally unstoppable and needs full attention on him at all times but has also been better in the regular season year after year.

What does Kyrie have on LMA? People cant use the same ******** they use for cousins when it comes to the playoffs because LMA has been there and more times than not has performed at a really high level.

Chronz
08-10-2016, 04:58 AM
Cousins going ahead of LMA is a ****ing disgrace, Ill admit that much

Vee-Rex
08-10-2016, 10:43 AM
More efficient 2way player over the past 3 years when compared to Kyrie... People are trying to give Kyrie a nudge because he upped his playoff play this past season... WTF DID LMA DO? LMA in the playoffs WITHOUT HAVING LEBRON ****ING JAMES.... 23 and 9 on 52 percent shooting BUT WAIT....

In 5 games the year before in the playoffs... 22/11 with 2 blocks a game but yes he did shoot poorly and again its only 5 games right?

Lets go the year before IN THE PLAYOFFS where he played 11 games out WEST when the WEST wasnt just top heavy but down right insane... 26 and 11 on 46 percent shooting.

Everyone is trying to make a case for Kyrie and using these past playoffs as some sort of reasoning but LMA has been better in the playoffs longer WITHOUT a lebron type player that is literally unstoppable and needs full attention on him at all times but has also been better in the regular season year after year.

What does Kyrie have on LMA? People cant use the same ******** they use for cousins when it comes to the playoffs because LMA has been there and more times than not has performed at a really high level.

I think you're getting worked up for nothing.

For the most part people seemed to be sleeping on LMA, nothing more.