PDA

View Full Version : What is more impressive?

More-Than-Most
08-05-2016, 12:07 AM
What is more impressive Westy winning 1 ring with OKC or Durant winning 3 rings with the warriors?

Scoots
08-05-2016, 12:22 AM
3 rings, just because more rings is always better.

SportsFanatic10
08-05-2016, 12:52 AM
Depends, say if Westbrook were to carry his team to a ring with their current roster then I'd say that's way more impressive. But if he did with some major Allstar help down the line, then probably not.

europagnpilgrim
08-05-2016, 01:50 AM
Westbrook would be more impressive while also more improbable it happens, if Westbrook just reaches a WCF or Finals with this current OKC squad would be super impressive but KD has the inside track to get him 2 or possibly more if he extends after his 2yr deal with Warriors is up, or maybe he opts out and test the free agency again after 1 yr

according to history it seems that the number of rings vary since the most dominant winner ever has 11 but the media GOAT has 6

uprightciti
08-05-2016, 03:08 AM
There is no way that Durant is getting 3 rings with the Warriors.

Westbrook getting a ring with OKC would be an amazing site. I think he will be the MVP this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, please
08-05-2016, 03:21 AM
What is more impressive Westy winning 1 ring with OKC or Durant winning 3 rings with the warriors?
The right answer here is Durant.

Westbrook winning a ring would be impressive, but he's already on a contender, already considered elite, and many teams have had a "one and done" appearance in the finals.

Winning 3 in a row is much harder no matter what the team and era, irregardless if you are the go to option, 2nd fiddle, or a bench player (Dubstitute, in warriorspeak).

GoferKing_
08-05-2016, 03:30 AM

Westbrook winning a ring would be impressive, but he's already on a contender, already considered elite, and many teams have had a "one and done" appearance in the finals.

Winning 3 in a row is much harder no matter what the team and era, irregardless if you are the go to option, 2nd fiddle, or a bench player (Dubstitute, in warriorspeak).

OKC in its current state is a contender? They can compete with GSW, SAS, CAVS right now?

FraziersKnicks
08-05-2016, 04:14 AM
Absolutely Westbrook. KD could probably play about 20 mins a game and average 15 points and the Warriors are more likely to win 3 than the Thunder win 1.

If the Thunder won 1 it would be because Westbrook played incredibly.

As a team achievement, 3 is more impressive than 1 but from a personal standpoint KD could do next to nothing and the Warriors could 3 peat they're that stacked.

SportsFanatic10
08-05-2016, 04:23 AM

Westbrook getting a ring with OKC would be an amazing site. I think he will be the MVP this year.

While I think Westbrook will have an MVP type season, the Thunder would likely have to be a top 2 or 3 season in the West for him to actually win the award...so I think it's pretty unlikely he does so.

How are the Thunder contenders right now without Durant? And the OP never said anything about the 3 titles for Durant with the Warriors having to be in a row.

PhillyFaninLA
08-05-2016, 05:44 AM
What is more impressive curing cancer or putting a bandaid on a cut?

IndyRealist
08-05-2016, 08:08 AM
If Westbrook wins one ring and never sniffs the Finals again, and if Durant ends up with three rings, which is going to end up in the HoF? There's your answer.

ewing
08-05-2016, 08:31 AM
If Westbrook wins one ring and never sniffs the Finals again, and if Durant ends up with three rings, which is going to end up in the HoF? There's your answer.

Both?

ManRam
08-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Both are HOFers. KD probably already is even if he never played another game. Westbrook's trajectory is taking him right there with ease too. A ring in OKC would absolutely cement any questions. With a ring and no injuries, he's better than Iverson, easily so. And Iverson was a shoo in for the HOF.

For the original question: I guess we have to assume both rosters stay mostly the same. If that's the case, I think Westbrook's one would be more surprising to me. The Warriors would be the favorites each year barring something crazy happening. Them not winning each and every year with this core will be a let down. Russell and the Thunder, with this core, winning one would be much more unbelievable to me.

Legacy-wise, as time passes I think 3 rings for KD would certainly enhance his legacy more than 1 ring for Westbrook. If that's the route you're trying to go down. Because, of course, RINGZ!

Hawkeye15
08-05-2016, 09:50 AM

no, he WAS on a contender. But then his beta left for a 73 win team that doesn't really even need him.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 10:04 AM
As for impressing me more, its easily Westbrooks 1.

What would impress you more as a parent: Your child operating a train from point A to point B once or your child riding on a train from point A to point B 3 times?

Hawkeye15
08-05-2016, 10:06 AM
As for impressing me more, its easily Westbrooks 1.

What would impress you more as a parent: Your child operating a train from point A to point B once or your child riding on a train from point A to point B 3 times?

hahaha, great comparison

ManRam
08-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I don't get why people are talking up a supporting cast of Oladipo, Roberson, Ilyasova, Adams, Kanter, Payne, Singler, Morrow and some young young young players. There's some decent depth there, but I'm not sure who there is better than a 6th man in the NBA right now. Maybe Oladipo, but the Magic brought him off the bench plenty and he's a bad fit alongside a guy like Westbrook. He's useless without the ball in his hands. The talent as a whole just absolutely does not stack up to "contender" status, at all. It's not close.

Tony_Starks
08-05-2016, 10:20 AM
3 rings unless KD chokes in the 4th quarter and his team wins despite him. Then it's 1 ring.

ewing
08-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Whose a better player Robert Horry or Charles Barkley?

Chronz
08-05-2016, 11:19 AM
How is this even a question? Unless KD's supporting cast declines massively to where hes asked to carry a respectable load or unless the Dubs prove to be some 76 win power or something, I dont see how its not RWB.

Bron did more for his career with Cleveland than he ever did with Miami IMO.

Chronz
08-05-2016, 11:22 AM
3 rings unless KD chokes in the 4th quarter and his team wins despite him. Then it's 1 ring.
Decent call I suppose but what if its 1 vs none?

mngopher35
08-05-2016, 12:50 PM
If we are assuming their situations are similar it is pretty easily westy for me. It would be one of the greatest feats I can think of. Based on the odds for the warriors right now they have like a 60% shot so winning 3 rings if they are together like 5 years isn't that impressive to me like if okc won now. It does depend on how each does it though so it isn't set in stone.

If warriors decline rapidly or lose a star or have injuries to the point Durant actually has to give all time great performances to carry/lead it could be him though. Based on the teams I see and expectations currently it seems like Westbrook is the answer though.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 01:34 PM
The double standards and warriors hate on PSD is astonishing really.

Kobe? Pass
Wade? Pass
Terry? Pass
Parker and Ginobli? Pass
Pippen? Pass

Durant? Crucified.

Sounds fair.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
08-05-2016, 01:46 PM
The double standards and warriors hate on PSD is astonishing really.

Kobe? Pass
Wade? Pass
Terry? Pass
Parker and Ginobli? Pass
Pippen? Pass

Durant? Crucified.

Sounds fair.

what?

lol, please
08-05-2016, 01:48 PM
what?

Winning rings while being an elite player but not being the first option or carrying the team. People want to put conditions on winning 3 rings, like if he contributes X amount if counts otherwise it doesn't? Thats BS. Doesn't matter if he comes off the bench, 3 rings is more impressive than one. Period.

SportsFanatic10
08-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Winning rings while being an elite player but not being the first option or carrying the team. People want to put conditions on winning 3 rings, like if he contributes X amount if counts otherwise it doesn't? Thats BS. Doesn't matter if he comes off the bench, 3 rings is more impressive than one. Period.

Every guy you listed did it with their original team lol. None of them went to join a 73 win team that doesn't even need him, while leaving an elite contender already. There's a bit of a difference there.

Tony_Starks
08-05-2016, 02:33 PM

By that philosophy Scottie Pippen is more impressive than Lebron James.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 02:34 PM
By that philosophy Scottie Pippen is better than Lebron James.
Not sure what that's supposed to mean or how that addresses my post at all dude.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 03:25 PM
The question isnt whats more impressive, 1 or 3. The question is which would be more impressive - leading a team to 1 title from an underdog position or going along for the ride on a 3 championship team when they are hands down favorites.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Not sure what that's supposed to mean or how that addresses my post at all dude.

6 is more then 3 period

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 03:29 PM
what?

Lmao.... I was thinking the exact same thing

GoferKing_
08-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Robert Horry one of the greates players all time, Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, LBJ, can never touch him. ;)

Lol, please is amazing. xD

Hawkeye15
08-05-2016, 05:38 PM

who is Terry?

And the reason people are being hard on Durant, is he left a CONTENDER, to go to a team that literally doesn't need him to win a chip. It's literally unprecedented for a player of his caliber to do this.

He literally ran away with his tail between his legs. It's arguably the biggest wuss move I have seen from a star player dude.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 05:42 PM
6 is more then 3 period
I'm not arguing that. What's your point?

This is about what would be more impressive between two specific situations.

In no way shape or format does any of this have to do with people who only look at rings when discussing greatness between individual players. I am not one of them. Advanced metrics and the context and makeup of a team, era, and competition come in play there. But that isn't what this is about bud.

SportsFanatic10
08-05-2016, 05:43 PM
who is Terry?

And the reason people are being hard on Durant, is he left a CONTENDER, to go to a team that literally doesn't need him to win a chip. It's literally unprecedented for a player of his caliber to do this.

He literally ran away with his tail between his legs. It's arguably the biggest wuss move I have seen from a star player dude.

I think he's talking about Jason Terry lmao

But ya, if Durant really wanted to leave, I still think that Boston was the place he should of went.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2016, 05:53 PM
I think he's talking about Jason Terry lmao

But ya, if Durant really wanted to leave, I still think that Boston was the place he should of went.

I mean, I could care less, and I won't hold it against Durant. He will now be judged on his impact on the Warriors when they win or lose. And it's pretty easy to assume his impact will not be that of a superstar player, because they simply don't have the shots to go around. The team will be so dominant, but everyone now gets a little piece of the pie removed from them, which takes away some of their individual impact.

This isn't a team with a #1, then #2, then some good role players or another borderline all star. This is 4 players who are all NBA players in their peaks. And then role players.

Durant will probably no longer be regarded as a top 3 player, he just won't produce the numbers to quantify that standing.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 06:43 PM
The question isnt whats more impressive, 1 or 3. The question is which would be more impressive - leading a team to 1 title from an underdog position or going along for the ride on a 3 championship team when they are hands down favorites.

Except "going along for the ride" is just how you want to coin it, because you are sour about the move. The reality is he is going to contribute just as much as Curry and Klay, barring injuries.

I mean, I could care less, and I won't hold it against Durant. He will now be judged on his impact on the Warriors when they win or lose. And it's pretty easy to assume his impact will not be that of a superstar player, because they simply don't have the shots to go around. The team will be so dominant, but everyone now gets a little piece of the pie removed from them, which takes away some of their individual impact.

This isn't a team with a #1, then #2, then some good role players or another borderline all star. This is 4 players who are all NBA players in their peaks. And then role players.

Durant will probably no longer be regarded as a top 3 player, he just won't produce the numbers to quantify that standing.

No longer regarded as a top 3 player, because he joined another top 3 player? I know it's friday, but it's a little early to be belligerent drunk, don't you think Hawkeye15? Be serious now.

FlashBolt
08-05-2016, 07:28 PM
lol, please telling someone to be serious... he's such a troll.

Scoots
08-05-2016, 07:37 PM
History doesn't really care about the narrative. Stats win out eventually.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 07:50 PM
I'm not arguing that. What's your point?

This is about what would be more impressive between two specific situations.

In no way shape or format does any of this have to do with people who only look at rings when discussing greatness between individual players. I am not one of them. Advanced metrics and the context and makeup of a team, era, and competition come in play there. But that isn't what this is about bud.

Lmfao...

Clean up on aisle 9...

You're the one who said 3 is more then 1. Period.

So by that logic 6 is more then 3. Period.

Now you want to clean up your mess with the above since your logic was so flawed. You should put a "wet floor" sign out.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Except "going along for the ride" is just how you want to coin it, because you are sour about the move. The reality is he is going to contribute just as much as Curry and Klay, barring injuries.

No longer regarded as a top 3 player, because he joined another top 3 player? I know it's friday, but it's a little early to be belligerent drunk, don't you think Hawkeye15? Be serious now.

Not sour at all. I really couldn't care less. Im not the one getting crapped on all over the internet. Even other NBA players called him out.

And I will continue to say "going along for the ride" cause you could literally put 20-30 (or more) other players in that spot and the Warriors would still be favorites.

kdspurman
08-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Eh.. Idk i think this is a different kind of scenario. By his careers end he may have the accolades, and surely he'll be happy and be a HOF. That doesn't it couldn't hurt his rankings at least a little when its all said and done. Which of course he wouldn't care about lol

JordansBulls
08-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Westbrook because he would have won with a franchise that never won before.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Not sour at all. I really couldn't care less. Im not the one getting crapped on all over the internet. Even other NBA players called him out.

And I will continue to say "going along for the ride" cause you could literally put 20-30 (or more) other players in that spot and the Warriors would still be favorites.
So Dwight's legacy and Nash take a hit for joining a stacked Lakers squad too? Or are we shifting the goal posts for Durant only?

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 08:57 PM
So Dwight's legacy and Nash take a hit for joining a stacked Lakers squad too? Or are we shifting the goal posts for Durant only?

How does either Howard or Nash fit into this discussion? Howard was traded for and he never wanted to go to LA.

Nash was like 35/36 years old.

I feel another clean up already.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 10:03 PM
How does either Howard or Nash fit into this discussion? Howard was traded for and he never wanted to go to LA.

Nash was like 35/36 years old.

I feel another clean up already.

Thought Dwight was a FA, you are probably right because he went to Houston as a FA.

Nash was still a threat though. Age doesn't mean much in itself, it really depends on the player.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Thought Dwight was a FA, you are probably right because he went to Houston as a FA.

Nash was still a threat though. Age doesn't mean much in itself, it really depends on the player.
Clean up aisle 10...

lol, please
08-05-2016, 11:55 PM
Clean up aisle 10...

What does that even mean? The first part was me admitting I was wrong, and the second is fact.

"clean up" sounds like you think I am backtracking, I never backtrack. I am consistent with my statements.

Dade County
08-06-2016, 01:48 AM

KD winning 5rings & West ending up with 0.

nastynice
08-06-2016, 01:56 AM
(Dubstitute, in warriorspeak).

Haha, no doubt, lolp still holding it down! :cheers:

ewing
08-06-2016, 04:44 AM

i think that depends on the writer. History doesn't have feelings

Scoots
08-06-2016, 06:04 AM
i think that depends on the writer. History doesn't have feelings
Okay, how about... With time stats are the only thing brought up in the debate. We don't bring up the situation of the Big O's team we just remember the stats. With time the story fades but the stats remain.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

ewing
08-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Okay, how about... With time stats are the only thing brought up in the debate. We don't bring up the situation of the Big O's team we just remember the stats. With time the story fades but the stats remain.

Thats just not true. Ty Cob is still known as a notorious *******. Wilt is known as selfish. The 85 Bears are remembered both for there defense and there attitudes. ect ect Kevin Durrant will be known as a *****. Its OK though, its not like he is joining a bunch of tough guys. I'm sure he will fit in.

McAllen Tx
08-06-2016, 07:49 AM
What does that even mean? The first part was me admitting I was wrong, and the second is fact.

"clean up" sounds like you think I am backtracking, I never backtrack. I am consistent with my statements.
I really dont know who's being more rediculous:

You saying Nash joining the Lakers at 35/36 is equal to KD joining the Warriors at 28.

Or me to keep on responding.

McAllen Tx
08-06-2016, 07:57 AM
Thats just not true. Ty Cob is still known as a notorious *******. Wilt is known as selfish. The 85 Bears are remembered both for there defense and there attitudes. ect ect Kevin Durrant will be known as a *****. Its OK though, it not like he is joining a bunch of tough guys. I'm sure he will fit in.
Lol... I do believe their move from Oakland to SF is fitting. Oakland is known as a rough city. While SF is known as... well nevermind.

Chronz
08-06-2016, 12:19 PM

Thats true for the casuals, but for those who wish to debate the sport, they'll be put in their place by those who dont forget context. Its why Elvin Hayes will always be a cancerous hog despite his championship and stellar statistics. Though I do admit, even with me its not as vitriolic as it used to be, I still put Big-E in my top-15 PF's for instance.

Chronz
08-06-2016, 12:25 PM

You saying Nash joining the Lakers at 35/36 is equal to KD joining the Warriors at 28.

lol, you already know

lol, please
08-06-2016, 01:20 PM

So quote where I said that, before I report you for flaming for the last several posts, since all you seem to be interested in is ad hominem attacks and baiting. No one is making you reply to posts here, feel free to skip mine over, the ignore function is free of charge, something you surely have discovered being here since 2004.

lol, please
08-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Thats just not true. Ty Cob is still known as a notorious *******. Wilt is known as selfish. The 85 Bears are remembered both for there defense and there attitudes. ect ect Kevin Durrant will be known as a *****. Its OK though, its not like he is joining a bunch of tough guys. I'm sure he will fit in.
Oh look, the "warriors is soft" myth is back again. The anti warriors crowd is running low on ammo here to bring that back. How cute.

McAllen Tx
08-06-2016, 01:40 PM
So quote where I said that, before I report you for flaming for the last several posts, since all you seem to be interested in is ad hominem attacks and baiting. No one is making you reply to posts here, feel free to skip mine over, the ignore function is free of charge, something you surely have discovered being here since 2004.

Before you report me? Lmfao.... Go right ahead

Dont forget who posted who 1st and since you dont get the responses you want and cause I call you out on all your moonwalking now you're gonna report me lol... Be my guest.

And no, I dont know where the ignore button is but I do know where the letters S-N-I-T-C-H are.

ewing
08-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Oh look, the "warriors is soft" myth is back again. The anti warriors crowd is running low on ammo here to bring that back. How cute.

Dude your have 4 big time stars. 2 are sons of millionaires who are as family friendly as anyone in the league. the 3rd ran and cries about his Mom all the time. the 4th is the tough guy and he goes around hitting people in the nuts. Warriors aren't tough.

lol, please
08-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Dude your have 4 big time stars. 2 are sons of millionaires who are as family friendly as anyone in the league. the 3rd ran and cries about his Mom all the time. the 4th is the tough guy and he goes around hitting people in the nuts. Warriors aren't tough.
Maybe not from the streets tough, but on the court, tough as nails. Physical basketball.

Scoots
08-06-2016, 02:37 PM

The Warriors without Bogut ARE a lot softer. We have to hope West and Zaza are enough.

ewing
08-06-2016, 03:11 PM
The Warriors without Bogut ARE a lot softer. We have to hope West and Zaza are enough.

they are both tough guys. The Warriors are great and should win a title next year if they are healthy. No one is going to confuse them with the bad boy Piston though. you don't have to be the toughest team to be good or the best

Scoots
08-06-2016, 04:21 PM
they are both tough guys. The Warriors are great and should win a title next year if they are healthy. No one is going to confuse them with the bad boy Piston though. you don't have to be the toughest team to be good or the best

Neither are as big a thug as Bogut though ... he took elite bigs out of the game multiple times over his time with the Warriors.

Certainly the Warriors should be favored, but in toughness ... they lost some.

JAZZNC
08-06-2016, 04:41 PM
And Green isn't tough, he is just loud. There is a big difference. A tough big man wouldn't let TT and friggin soft *** Kevin Love get rebound after rebound, nor would they go around kicking people in the nuts or fighting college kids.

JasonJohnHorn
08-06-2016, 06:12 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've never heard of a team winning three titles before? "No way"? Given that the Warriors currently have 4 players many would rank in the top ten players in the league, and certainly 4 players that rank in the top 3 at their position, all entering their prime, and most other teams don't even have two such players, I'd say there a number of ways they could pull that off. And likely all in the next three years.

See the Lakers in the 80's. The Celtics in the 80's. The Bulls in the 90's. The Lakers in the 00's. And the Spurs in the 00's. And that doesn't even mention the teams that pulled off two (Detroit and Miami).

In fact, of every franchise that has won in the last 35 years outside of GSW, only one hasn't won three titles in that time. So pretty much every franchise that won it all other than Dallas and Philly has pulled off three titles: Boston, LA, Detroit, Chicago, San Antonio, and Miami.

Teams that win, win a lot. That is how the league has worked.

Not Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
08-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Before you report me? Lmfao.... Go right ahead

Dont forget who posted who 1st and since you dont get the responses you want and cause I call you out on all your moonwalking now you're gonna report me lol... Be my guest.

And no, I dont know where the ignore button is but I do know where the letters S-N-I-T-C-H are.

I would like to compensate you for a position in disposing of lol, please on this forum every day.

FlashBolt
08-06-2016, 06:51 PM

You really have no clue about basketball other than the Warriors.. and even then, you are bad.

lol, please
08-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Then don't say 3 is better than one period (even if he comes of the bench, I might add) and then say the exact opposite in your next post dumbass! You're really making yourself look bad with these ridiculous posts!
Because 3 is better than one, period.

That was a response to a post, then some other poster tried to make that into something else, which is what you are quoting here.

3 is greater than one, that's a fact.

Above, I make it clear that while that statement is true, if we are discussing greatness between elite platers, the conversation ends there. There is no contradition here. We aren't dicussing legacies on that level, at least not with the OP, not the entirety of careers, only about the next 3 seasons. Do you really not see the difference? Because I really can't break it down further than that.

Classy ad hominem attack though.

You really have no clue about basketball other than the Warriors.. and even then, you are bad.
Ignoring (yet another) personal attack from you, at least show that you acknowledged the post where I admitted I was wrong about what is in the post you quoted, before addressing my statement.

TheMightyHumph
08-06-2016, 07:24 PM
The most impressive thing that EW & KD could be for each of them to do is to distribute one year of their salaries to get underprivileged high school juniors and seniors who deserve to go to college but can't afford it into college.

Not through some organization, but by using their own most trusted people.

Just my opinion, and I realize that will never happen.

lol, please
08-06-2016, 07:27 PM
The most impressive thing that EW & KD could be for each of them to do is to distribute one year of their salaries to get underprivileged high school who deserve to go to college but can't afford it into college.

Not through some organization, but by using their own most trusted people.

Just my opinion, and I realize that will never happen.
Probably not, which is sad, and I do agree. That said, I think more selflessness of the players towards the community happens more often than you make it sound here.

FlashBolt
08-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Because 3 is better than one, period.

That was a response to a post, then some other poster tried to make that into something else, which is what you are quoting here.

3 is greater than one, that's a fact.

Above, I make it clear that while that statement is true, if we are discussing greatness between elite platers, the conversation ends there. There is no contradition here. We aren't dicussing legacies on that level, at least not with the OP, not the entirety of careers, only about the next 3 seasons. Do you really not see the difference? Because I really can't break it down further than that.

Classy ad hominem attack though.

Ignoring (yet another) personal attack from you, at least show that you acknowledged the post where I admitted I was wrong about what is in the post you quoted, before addressing my statement.

It's really not that you're admitting you are wrong that is the issue. It's the fact that incorrect statements from you such as that one is one of many and that leads most of us to believe that you are just a troll. Whether you are not one is still to be determined.

lol, please
08-06-2016, 07:48 PM
It's really not that you're admitting you are wrong that is the issue. It's the fact that incorrect statements from you such as that one is one of many and that leads most of us to believe that you are just a troll. Whether you are not one is still to be determined.

Didn't know you were a spokesperson for one of the dominant parties on PSD.

Irregardless of what you believe, the point here specifically is that I made a statement based on something I remembered to be true which wasn't, and I admitted it. In the real world, that's usually an understandable human error, and with the exception of it costing human lives or something of catastrophic nature, has no real consequence or significance.

lol, please
08-06-2016, 07:49 PM
You've never heard of a team winning three titles before? "No way"? Given that the Warriors currently have 4 players many would rank in the top ten players in the league, and certainly 4 players that rank in the top 3 at their position, all entering their prime, and most other teams don't even have two such players, I'd say there a number of ways they could pull that off. And likely all in the next three years.

See the Lakers in the 80's. The Celtics in the 80's. The Bulls in the 90's. The Lakers in the 00's. And the Spurs in the 00's. And that doesn't even mention the teams that pulled off two (Detroit and Miami).

In fact, of every franchise that has won in the last 35 years outside of GSW, only one hasn't won three titles in that time. So pretty much every franchise that won it all other than Dallas and Philly has pulled off three titles: Boston, LA, Detroit, Chicago, San Antonio, and Miami.

Teams that win, win a lot. That is how the league has worked.

Not Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said.

And lol @ your Tapatalk sig.

TheMightyHumph
08-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Probably not, which is sad, and I do agree. That said, I think more selflessness of the players towards the community happens more often than you make it sound here.

I didn't make it sound like the players were doing nothing. I stated what would impress me most.

FlashBolt
08-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Didn't know you were a spokesperson for one of the dominant parties on PSD.

Irregardless of what you believe, the point here specifically is that I made a statement based on something I remembered to be true which wasn't, and I admitted it. In the real world, that's usually an understandable human error, and with the exception of it costing human lives or something of catastrophic nature, has no real consequence or significance.

What do you call it when someone makes countless mistakes? Ignorant? Yeah, that sounds like it.

Aust
08-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Easily Westy. That one ring will be worth more too.

lol, please
08-08-2016, 01:53 AM
Easily Westy. That one ring will be worth more too.

I like your confidence, but let's see if the Thunder can get to the finals first. :)

Hawkeye15
08-08-2016, 09:45 AM

no, Because of his usage/role drop. He will no longer produce top 3 player numbers most likely.

lol, please
08-09-2016, 01:05 AM
no, Because of his usage/role drop. He will no longer produce top 3 player numbers most likely.

I get that, I just don't think his usage will drop that much. I think Curry, Klay, and Durant all sustain for the most part. Of course, the first rebuttal is, "how? there is only one ball, etc". I just think with our system and ball movement it's possible. I think if anyon'e production drops off a slight bit it's Currys because he is running point and will be facilitating everyone else, wheras Durant and Klay, I see plenty of open looks for both, and plenty of opportunities to have high scoring games. The Warriors are also known to feed the ball to a hot player, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the 3 left in with Dubstitutes and in a position to the be first option with the squad.

Also, I disagree with the notion that because someone is a top 3 player that doesn't play the same minutes and thus doesn't produce the same raw numbers, they aren't a top 3 player anymore, especially if they are shooting efficiently.

HOLD_THIS_L
08-09-2016, 03:18 AM
Lol... I do believe their move from Oakland to SF is fitting. Oakland is known as a rough city. While SF is known as... well nevermind.
Never been to the bay area have you. Go say that in hunters point.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

McAllen Tx
08-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Never been to the bay area have you. Go say that in hunters point.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Actually I was born and raised in Northern Cali - Stockton. Aint but an hour away. Been to bay area lots of times. I like SF but the fact is its known as a gay city and that goes way back even before the gay community was socially accepted.

UOP Baby!!!! Go Tigers!!!!

Hawkeye15
08-09-2016, 09:48 AM
I get that, I just don't think his usage will drop that much. I think Curry, Klay, and Durant all sustain for the most part. Of course, the first rebuttal is, "how? there is only one ball, etc". I just think with our system and ball movement it's possible. I think if anyon'e production drops off a slight bit it's Currys because he is running point and will be facilitating everyone else, wheras Durant and Klay, I see plenty of open looks for both, and plenty of opportunities to have high scoring games. The Warriors are also known to feed the ball to a hot player, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the 3 left in with Dubstitutes and in a position to the be first option with the squad.

Also, I disagree with the notion that because someone is a top 3 player that doesn't play the same minutes and thus doesn't produce the same raw numbers, they aren't a top 3 player anymore, especially if they are shooting efficiently.

He just won't be asked to perform at a level that constitutes a top 3 player imo. There is such at thing as too much dude. GS is that now..