PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the most improved team next year?

Pages : [1] 2

ewing
08-04-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm saying the Sixers

Chronz
08-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Long Live Presti, may his great decisions not be cast away by the ineptitude that is Coangelo

ewing
08-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Long Live Presti, may his great decisions not be cast away by the ineptitude that is Coangelo

you're drunk

Chronz
08-04-2016, 10:03 PM
you're drunk

Still ball your *** up old timer

ewing
08-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Still ball your *** up old timer

you know I'd kick your *** in around the world

Celticsfan2007
08-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Knicks most likely, mainly because their record sucked *** last year and they added multiple veterans.

I'd say they improve their win total the most and finish somewhere slightly abouve .500

BKLYNpigeon
08-04-2016, 11:09 PM
suns

SportsFanatic10
08-05-2016, 12:50 AM
6ers or T'Wolves

lol, please
08-05-2016, 03:22 AM
I'm saying the Sixers

I've got to go with the Knicks.

More-Than-Most
08-05-2016, 03:27 AM
If We trade OKA or Noel and Embiid starts it will be the sixers... Rookie of the year Embiid will Avg 22/11/4... Sixers win 30 games easily

Heediot
08-05-2016, 06:55 AM
TWolves and Jazz. Not just in terms of wins but in terms of team development and the jumps they take in tiers.

lamzoka
08-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Knicks and Twolves

Clint Olbrock
08-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Strictly based on wins either the Sixers or Wolves is my bet.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 09:10 AM
If its just meant by wins improvement I think Phoenix will have the highest win improvement. If they can stay healthy that is. They also have players that can be moved to improve team.

Philly set their bar so low last year they will also be right there. Colangelo will make necessary moves to improve team. The fact that a decision needs to be made concerning Noel this season will get the ball rolling.

Under different circumstances I think the Lakers could be in the discussion cause they also set their bar really low but they have great incentives to show improvements on the court but not in the win column.

If everything went right in NY they would also have a 12-14 win increase but I dont think everything goes right.

T-Wolves will have a +10 win increase grom last season.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2016, 09:49 AM
if we are talking purely from a win number, Wolves probably. I think they win 10-15 more games.

Tony_Starks
08-05-2016, 10:33 AM
No Hinkie? Sixers.

Chronz
08-05-2016, 11:20 AM
No Hinkie? Sixers.

"He died for our sins"

Tony_Starks
08-05-2016, 11:48 AM
"He died for our sins"

They should put that on their warn up T shirts this season.

mngopher35
08-05-2016, 12:44 PM
If Knicks can stay healthy they seem like a solid pick here. I think wolves can win about 13 more than last year too.

nycericanguy
08-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Knicks or Wolves... Knicks could win 13-15 more with reasonable health, and could approach 18-20 more wins if things go REALLY well.

Wolves would have to get to .500 to win 12 more, but I think Thibs is such a great coach so I wouldn't put it past them.

AllBall
08-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Without a doubt, New Orleans

More-Than-Most
08-06-2016, 02:23 AM
"He died for our sins"

They should put that on their warn up T shirts this season.

RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fesv7_fXvs

http://www.realballinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/hinkie.jpg

LaLa_Land
08-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Contender? Indiana Pacers. Adding Thaddeus Young, Aaron Brooks, Jeff Teague, and Al Jefferson is significant in the East. Interior defense is a concern now that Mahinmi is gone, but Myles Turner is the real. They'll be a tough out for Cleveland in the playoffs, they match up real well now.
-- Honorable mention: Warriors, Celtics, Spurs, Jazz.

Pretender? Minnesota Timberwolves. KAT enters the top 15 players in the league. Thibodeau has a talented roster to work with. A 12-win improvement to bring them to .500 is in the cards.
-- The jump the Timberwolves make will be that of a playoff contender. That track is more impressive than the honorable mentions: 76ers, Lakers, Suns.

Can't decide between a pretender or contender? Knicks and Bulls.
-- If the Knicks stay off of wheelchairs and out of stretchers, they'll have the biggest win improvement in the league.
-- If Chicago can overcome their 3-pt shooting detriment through defense and half-court dominance, they'll be a high seed. I'd look for them to swing a deal for Rudy Gay if they're brutal offensively around the deadline, Gibson+McDermott would probably get it done.

krazylegz
08-06-2016, 04:12 PM
utah jazz

Scoots
08-06-2016, 04:19 PM
According to a projection in, I think, USA Today, the Warriors will improve so much they will win 83 games. That means they will win more than 100% of the games they play ... nobody else can top that!

5ass
08-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Obviously Philly is a good choice since they only won 10 games last season. They should win 10 more games. The wolves can also win 10 more games. I'll go with these two.

Aust
08-07-2016, 09:30 PM
TWolves
Knicks

allSUAVE
08-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Knicks and Wolves for sure .. Wolves is the future

SirSkyHook
08-07-2016, 11:35 PM
Super Homer pick is the Lakers get the 7th seed #Believeinouryouth #LukesWorld

Biggest improvement goes to the Lakers.

Truth is we have no idea and I really believe in this young group, and damn this off season is long...

KingJudah
08-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Definitely the.sixers, going from 10 wins to 40 will earn them the most improved.

TheDish87
08-08-2016, 08:56 AM
The Lakers arent sniffing the playoffs and the Sixers arent sniffing 40 wins/playoffs. lol

IndyRealist
08-08-2016, 10:20 AM
According to a projection in, I think, USA Today, the Warriors will improve so much they will win 83 games. That means they will win more than 100% of the games they play ... nobody else can top that!

Stuff like that does such a disservice to analytics.

LA4life24/8
08-08-2016, 10:56 AM
From a just a win total jump I'd go
Sixers - Ben simmons+ super low set bar haha
Wolves-another year under the belts of a young squad+a possible Roy candidate+thibs
Knicks -if everyone stays healthy they could make a little noise in the playoffs. (Not anything serious just noise)

Scoots
08-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Stuff like that does such a disservice to analytics.

Just like USA Today does a disservice to journalism :)

mrblisterdundee
08-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Knicks most likely, mainly because their record sucked *** last year and they added multiple veterans.

I'd say they improve their win total the most and finish somewhere slightly abouve .500

Either the Knicks or the Jazz, who are getting tough as nails on defense and just need more shooting and ball movement to be really scary. Hopefully George Hill, Rodney Hood and Gordon Hayward can provide that. At this point, it's debatable whether Hill or Derrick Rose is the better point guard.

Tony_Starks
08-08-2016, 12:39 PM

Their numbers are unrealistic then. PSD's are more accurate, they say Warriors go 81-1 and sweep the Playoffs.

Of course they also crowned them champions last year by allstar break so.....

Tony_Starks
08-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Definitely the.sixers, going from 10 wins to 40 will earn them the most improved.

If the Sixers win 40 games expect the NBA to be abruptly shut down, followed by an exposure of the most intricate leaguewide points shaving scheme sports has ever seen.

TheDish87
08-08-2016, 01:18 PM
im not sure you understand what point shaving is

McAllen Tx
08-08-2016, 02:20 PM
im not sure you understand what point shaving is

How bout this:

If Philly wins 40 games there will be a deflategate II. The ball definately wasnt NBA regulated.

Tony_Starks
08-08-2016, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure you understand the implications of intentionally missing shots and turning it over in a NBA game with the other team playing 100%....

or sarcasm....

TheDish87
08-08-2016, 02:39 PM
How bout this:

If Philly wins 40 games there will be a deflategate II. The ball definately wasnt NBA regulated.

but its not the same case for the Lakers making the playoffs?

McAllen Tx
08-08-2016, 02:47 PM

You can joke about my Lakers all you want. If its funny I laugh it off and come up with a comeback about whoevers team. Its all fun and jokes with me.

If it was lame Im gonna let you know to try harder lol

IndyRealist
08-08-2016, 02:50 PM
just like usa today does a disservice to journalism :)

qft.

ohreally
08-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Wolves, Sixers, Nets (smoke 'em if you got 'em), N'awlens

lol, please
08-09-2016, 01:01 AM
The Lakers arent sniffing the playoffs and the Sixers arent sniffing 40 wins/playoffs. lol

I think the Lakers have a better chance than the Sixers, but I agree, would be surprised if either made it.

Rocco007
08-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Rank their records?
76ers
Lakers
Wolves

I don't think Thibs has the players to fit into his defensive schemes outside of KAT and Dunn...Their offense will probably take a step back...Minny won't be running and gunning like last year...However I do think they will be more disciplined and will play smarter...I think their leap comes in year 2.

I'm not sure who is on this Philly team...I can't name their starters...However, Ben Simmons has not shown me the ability to lead a team to wins... he will stuff the stat lines but lacks the intensity and motor to translate that into wins...We will see if LSU was an aberration...

CAll me a homer but I am trying to be objective on this...
The Lakers have a movement starting in their building...Luke has brought new and shiny energy to the players that has them already working and preparing for the new system...It's easy...just watch the GSWs...The question is...Do we have the horses to make it work in year 1??...Judging from everything I have seen so far... I believe we will make the biggest leap next season out of the 3... We have a great combination of veterans and youth that are willing to play on both sides of the ball...and unlike what I think of the Wolve's young core, I think our young core is extremely hard working and they all have high BBall IQs...You can not teach that...We will bring it every night..

So this is how I see it shaking down...

1.Lakers 42-47 wins
2.Wolves 38-45 wins
3.76ers 28-35 wins...

Hawkeye15
08-09-2016, 05:58 PM
you want to follow GS's system with no shooters? Lakers are lucky to get to 30 wins this year.

Rocco007
08-09-2016, 06:14 PM
you want to follow GS's system with no shooters? Lakers are lucky to get to 30 wins this year.
No shooters???
We are talking Lakers and not Wolves' right?
Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Calderon, LouWill, Nick Young...all can shoot the rock from beyond the arc...How much accuracy? We shall see...But the open looks will be there...Even Deng at the 4...was very capable late in the season and through the playoffs last year....Hopefully Anthony Brown regains his touch as well... But I am not concerned about shooting right now...

TylerSL
08-09-2016, 07:18 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers will probably have the largest improvement in wins from a year ago and therefore be the most improved team. However I believe 28-30 wins is their ceiling so they will just drastically improve off of 10-72. I believe their will be several teams that will play above expectations next season, and that is the Knicks, Pistons, and Utah Jazz. All three will be in the playoffs and noticeably better than they were a year ago.

shep33
08-09-2016, 07:55 PM
wolves or knickerbockers

JasonJohnHorn
08-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Win total? I'd guess the T-Wolves.

Their wins were low enough where a small and consistent improvement would translate to a lot more Ws, and with Thibs running things, I expect him to maximize what they got.

The 76ers simply don't have anybody who is improving enough to propel them, and I can't see a big turnaround running the team with the same coach. And the Lakers are going to suck still.

Scoots
08-09-2016, 09:51 PM
CAll me a homer

Homer!

TheDish87
08-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Rank their records?
76ers
Lakers
Wolves

I don't think Thibs has the players to fit into his defensive schemes outside of KAT and Dunn...Their offense will probably take a step back...Minny won't be running and gunning like last year...However I do think they will be more disciplined and will play smarter...I think their leap comes in year 2.

I'm not sure who is on this Philly team...I can't name their starters...However, Ben Simmons has not shown me the ability to lead a team to wins... he will stuff the stat lines but lacks the intensity and motor to translate that into wins...We will see if LSU was an aberration...

The Lakers have a movement starting in their building...Luke has brought new and shiny energy to the players that has them already working and preparing for the new system...It's easy...just watch the GSWs...The question is...Do we have the horses to make it work in year 1??...Judging from everything I have seen so far... I believe we will make the biggest leap next season out of the 3... We have a great combination of veterans and youth that are willing to play on both sides of the ball...and unlike what I think of the Wolve's young core, I think our young core is extremely hard working and they all have high BBall IQs...You can not teach that...We will bring it every night..

1.Lakers 42-47 wins
2.Wolves 38-45 wins
3.76ers 28-35 wins...

h
o
m
e
r

Tony_Starks
08-10-2016, 10:57 AM

We don't have spot up shooters but we do have shooters.

Don't let the B Scott era deceive you, he was publicly anti-three point movement. Always has been.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 10:58 AM
No shooters???
We are talking Lakers and not Wolves' right?
Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Calderon, LouWill, Nick Young...all can shoot the rock from beyond the arc...How much accuracy? We shall see...But the open looks will be there...Even Deng at the 4...was very capable late in the season and through the playoffs last year....Hopefully Anthony Brown regains his touch as well... But I am not concerned about shooting right now...

Calderon is the only shooter on that team. Russell is league average. You were the worst three point shooting team in the league last year. And your defense will be bottom 5.

The Lakers are a 22-27 win team most likely.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 11:14 AM
We don't have spot up shooters but we do have shooters.

Don't let the B Scott era deceive you, he was publicly anti-three point movement. Always has been.

you were 30th last year in 3 point shooting. Even a decent jump isn't going to make you a good three point shooting team. And that defense....

JAZZNC
08-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Rank their records?
76ers
Lakers
Wolves

1.Lakers 42-47 wins
2.Wolves 38-45 wins
3.76ers 28-35 wins...

I find it hard to believe that your young "core" has a better basketball IQ than the Wolves. Russell is an idiot until proven otherwise and Randle is just wildly out of control when he has the ball, not at all what I would consider high IQ players and then you throw Lou and Swaggy P in there....certainly not a smart group of players at this point.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 11:24 AM
I find it hard to believe that your young "core" has a better basketball IQ than the Wolves. Russell is an idiot until proven otherwise and Randle is just wildly out of control when he has the ball, not at all what I would consider high IQ players and then you throw Lou and Swaggy P in there....certainly not a smart group of players at this point.

he had an entire thread on the Lakers versus Wolves core, and was destroyed over it. There really isn't even a question currently who has the better core.

Tony_Starks
08-10-2016, 11:42 AM
you were 30th last year in 3 point shooting. Even a decent jump isn't going to make you a good three point shooting team. And that defense....

I think you just missed my point about Scott and three point shooting.

But if you think this team is even remotely comparable to last season I'll leave you to it.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 11:52 AM
I think you just missed my point about Scott and three point shooting.

But if you think this team is even remotely comparable to last season I'll leave you to it.

I could same the same of Sam Mitchell....

I still don't think the Wolves will be in the top half of the NBA in 3 point shooting, even with Wiggins and Towns spending all summer working on it, and the offense promoting better attempts, with Thibs, who promotes good three point shooting.

I think the Lakers are a bad team this year. Their defense will be terrible, offense average. That means 25 wins or so. Which is an 8 game improvement from last year. That isn't a bad thing.

Tony_Starks
08-10-2016, 12:30 PM
I could same the same of Sam Mitchell....

I still don't think the Wolves will be in the top half of the NBA in 3 point shooting, even with Wiggins and Towns spending all summer working on it, and the offense promoting better attempts, with Thibs, who promotes good three point shooting.

I think the Lakers are a bad team this year. Their defense will be terrible, offense average. That means 25 wins or so. Which is an 8 game improvement from last year. That isn't a bad thing.

They weren't even the worst defensive team in the league last year with Kobe playing allstar game defense and Hibbert doing his Darko impersonation.

That should drastically improve.

Offense was the Kobe fairwell tour last year, absolutely zero ball movement.

If you want to continue to think we will be bad in those areas feel free but logic is not on your side.

Our biggest disadvantage will be youth and inexperience so they will probably blow a lot of close games but talent wise they are in good shape.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 12:59 PM
They weren't even the worst defensive team in the league last year with Kobe playing allstar game defense and Hibbert doing his Darko impersonation.

Offense was the Kobe fairwell tour last year, absolutely zero ball movement.

If you want to continue to think we will be bad in those areas feel free but logic is not on your side.

Our biggest disadvantage will be youth and inexperience so they will probably blow a lot of close games but talent wise they are in good shape.

defense and shooting were both dead last. Even climbing 10 spots in each (that is drastic), means the team will be bad when you factor in the inexperience.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment my friend, if you think the Lakers are winning 30+ games

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 01:09 PM
I am shocked anyone thinks a team that was 30th in defense, 29th in offense, 30th in three point shooting, bottom 5 rebounding team, is going to suddenly win 15-20 more games this year, with the additions the Lakers had. Furthermore, they even hurt themselves for the better FA crop next summer, with the deals they gave Deng/Mosgov.

McAllen Tx
08-10-2016, 01:24 PM
he had an entire thread on the Lakers versus Wolves core, and was destroyed over it. There really isn't even a question currently who has the better core.
Still makes me laugh every time I think about when Rocco said that not only are the Lakers young players gonna destroy the T-Wolves young players on the court but also take their girlfriends as well just for good measure. Lmao....

Lakers and T-Wolves are gonna have some playoff battles though in the not so distant future. We just got to secure this top 3 pick first.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Still makes me laugh every time I think about when Rocco said that not only are the Lakers young players gonna destroy the T-Wolves young players on the court but also take their girlfriends as well just for good measure. Lmao....

Lakers and T-Wolves are gonna have some playoff battles though in the not so distant future. We just got to secure this top 3 pick first.

The Lakers still don't have anything close to a sure fire star in the making though. That is one of their problems. KAT is going to be ridiculous, at the very least.

Rookies we can't judge until later. So who is better between Ingram/Dunn will need to wait a while.

I take Towns/Wiggins/Lavine/Dunn over Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle big time right now. Not sure how that changes unless Ingram morphs into a top 5 type player.

McAllen Tx
08-10-2016, 01:50 PM
The Lakers still don't have anything close to a sure fire star in the making though. That is one of their problems. KAT is going to be ridiculous, at the very least.

Rookies we can't judge until later. So who is better between Ingram/Dunn will need to wait a while.

I take Towns/Wiggins/Lavine/Dunn over Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle big time right now. Not sure how that changes unless Ingram morphs into a top 5 type player.

Im not disputing that as of right now you guys dont have a more talented young core, you guys clearly do. But Im also not gonna say you guys are just gonna handle us on head to head match ups either cause our boys are gonna give your boys all they can handle and then some. And if we end up with another top 3 pick all bets are off on who has a better young core.

Im just saying we gonna have some great playoffs series soon. And still laughing about Rocco lol

Rocco007
08-10-2016, 05:07 PM

hahaha...You wish...
I am still waiting for a bold prediction from the Wolves...
And whoever thinks Russell is an idiot when comes to Basketball? You simply don't know what you are talking about...
Now let's talk BBall IQ...
Why did the Wolves draft a PG when I thought they had one in Zach Levine??? Oh he couldn't quite get the hang of it because he's practicing dunks...
Somebody explain to me why the incredible athlete that is Andrew Wiggins can't play defense??? Oh because he rather just float around in no man's zone and collect a rebound or 2 for the whole game..
Somebody explain to me why the Wolves with back to back ROYS plus the best young core in Basketball could only muster 29 wins last year after they started on fire at 8-8???...
Oh it was the coach...Sam Mitchell,,,former COY...
Wolves are the fakest front running of what coulda woulda shoulda been...with no results on the floor...

So How many wins are your wolves totaling this year?
And with Thibs, why can't make the Playoffs?

I will tell you why?
You're a losing Franchise...
You are used to losing...
You can't believe until you see it...
and even then, somebody may need to pinch you...

and by the way...Your new PG can't shoot either...add him and Rubio together and maybe you will have Rondo...

I will be checking up on you specifically every time my Lakers play your Wolves...Don't hide...

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 05:17 PM
hahaha...You wish...
I am still waiting for a bold prediction from the Wolves...
And whoever thinks Russell is an idiot when comes to Basketball? You simply don't know what you are talking about...
Now let's talk BBall IQ...
Why did the Wolves draft a PG when I thought they had one in Zach Levine??? Oh he couldn't quite get the hang of it because he's practicing dunks...
Somebody explain to me why the incredible athlete that is Andrew Wiggins can't play defense??? Oh because he rather just float around in no man's zone and collect a rebound or 2 for the whole game..
Somebody explain to me why the Wolves with back to back ROYS plus the best young core in Basketball could only muster 29 wins last year after they started on fire at 8-8???...
Oh it was the coach...Sam Mitchell,,,former COY...
Wolves are the fakest front running of what coulda woulda shoulda been...with no results on the floor...

So How many wins are your wolves totaling this year?
And with Thibs, why can't make the Playoffs?

I will tell you why?
You're a losing Franchise...
You are used to losing...
You can't believe until you see it...
and even then, somebody may need to pinch you...

and by the way...Your new PG can't shoot either...add him and Rubio together and maybe you will have Rondo...

I will be checking up on you specifically every time my Lakers play your Wolves...Don't hide...

Why would I give a bold prediction, when all it does is set me up to look like a homer who is biased (you being the example)?

Wolves are going to bounce up to around .500-ish this year, it wouldn't shock me if they only won 35, nor would it shock me if they grabbed the 8th seed with 45 wins. But I figure in between is the reality.

If you feel like taking shots at a team/fanbase is an effective way to make a point, by all means, get into politics, you would do well.

Rocco007
08-10-2016, 05:19 PM
It changes when we stomp you out on the floor, where it matters...Like I said before, as good as KAT was last season...Head to HEad, Randle matched him and or better in all 3 games we played...Ingram is almost as tall as KAT...and will be a better 2 way player as a rookie than you have on your whole Roster... MUST SEE TV...WOLVES V LAKERS...

Rocco007
08-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Why would I give a bold prediction, when all it does is set me up to look like a homer who is biased (you being the example)?

Wolves are going to bounce up to around .500-ish this year, it wouldn't shock me if they only won 35, nor would it shock me if they grabbed the 8th seed with 45 wins. But I figure in between is the reality.

If you feel like taking shots at a team/fanbase is an effective way to make a point, by all means, get into politics, you would do well.

Typical Wolvesfan...all BARK no BITE...
#bestyoungcoreinthenba

Chronz
08-10-2016, 05:26 PM
defense and shooting were both dead last. Even climbing 10 spots in each (that is drastic), means the team will be bad when you factor in the inexperience.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment my friend, if you think the Lakers are winning 30+ games

My gambling buddy is a huge Laker fan and hes the one telling me to go under. Certain spots got the Lakes at 29 wins essentially. Im going under for sure

GordonGecko
08-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Knicks are not getting any love from the media and actually a lot of hate, but NYK should easily be the most improved. The Knicks now have a professional coach with the green light to work the pick and roll into the triangle system and that's going to really help Melo and Porzingis (who will be improved in year 2). Then you add a high motor guy like Noah who's going to be the first real team captain since Jason Kidd to lead the team off the court and with his defense, plus the defense of Lee, and for the first time in a long time a legit point guard in Rose and you're EASILY looking at a .500 team which is 9 games improved right there.

That's not to mention Knicks have Jennings on the bench as a 6th man of the year candidate if everything goes right, plus a couple of under the radar rooks in Kuz and Hernangomez.

There's no reason to believe the Knicks won't be a top 8 team and potentially home court in round 1. I'm predicting somewhere between 45 and 55 wins and hopefully a second round appearance

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 05:40 PM
My gambling buddy is a huge Laker fan and hes the one telling me to go under. Certain spots got the Lakes at 29 wins essentially. Im going under for sure

I can't believe how insane some fans are. Lakers just have more fans than most bases, pure count wise, so their 10-20% of irrational fans just seem like a large number. I mean, they had the worst defense, and 2nd to worst offense last year. Terrible shooting team. They added a rookie, an overpriced center that does nothing for their offense, and is he really even that much better than what Hibbert gave them? Deng I like, but he isn't worth more than 5 wins at best.

I just don't get it. The Lakers, even if healthy, look like a 25 win team to me. And that is actually a compliment, that would be 8 more wins than the previous year, which accounts for player turnover and role changes.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Knicks are not getting any love from the media and actually a lot of hate, but NYK should easily be the most improved. The Knicks now have a professional coach with the green light to work the pick and roll into the triangle system and that's going to really help Melo and Porzingis (who will be improved in year 2). Then you add a high motor guy like Noah who's going to be the first real team captain since Jason Kidd to lead the team off the court and with his defense, plus the defense of Lee, and for the first time in a long time a legit point guard in Rose and you're EASILY looking at a .500 team which is 9 games improved right there.

That's not to mention Knicks have Jennings on the bench as a 6th man of the year candidate if everything goes right, plus a couple of under the radar rooks in Kuz and Hernangomez.

There's no reason to believe the Knicks won't be a top 8 team and potentially home court in round 1. I'm predicting somewhere between 45 and 55 wins and hopefully a second round appearance

most people are hesitant with the Knicks because of potential health issues. If they stay healthy, they can easily get mid 40's for wins. Not sure the team is built to anything long term as is though..

Hawkeye15
08-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Typical Wolvesfan...all BARK no BITE...
#bestyoungcoreinthenba

nope, rational fan. Why would I make a prediction that will make me look stupid, and that I don't believe in?

It's not just me claiming it. Pretty much everyone near the game, or a fan of the game, will tell you the Wolves have the best young core in the NBA. There is a reason Thib's was interested in the first place

More-Than-Most
08-10-2016, 07:48 PM
nope, rational fan. Why would I make a prediction that will make me look stupid, and that I don't believe in?

It's not just me claiming it. Pretty much everyone near the game, or a fan of the game, will tell you the Wolves have the best young core in the NBA. There is a reason Thib's was interested in the first place

In all fairness most of his fanbase on this site dont even take him seriously... You are wasting your time.

warfelg
08-11-2016, 08:03 AM

Not only that (on predictions), but there's a difference between bold and silly. Saying I think Simmons could average 16/7/6 over the season is bold. Saying 20/10/8 is silly, since so very few rookie ever averaged a double double.

Also ESPN (Might have been B/R) polled GMs/FO types on the best situations moving forward. In the top 5? Wolves and Sixers. Not in top 5? Lakers. I believe that the Suns, Magic, Celtics rounded out the top 5. All teams with a slew of young players and picks.

HOLD_THIS_L
08-11-2016, 08:47 AM
I came in to say Wolves but that purple font has me mesmerized!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
08-11-2016, 09:23 AM
I came in to say Wolves but that purple font has me mesmerized!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

that is why I keep replying. How can you not when there is someone so demonstrative?

Tony_Starks
08-11-2016, 11:52 AM
I applaud your enthusiasm Rocco007.

Hold your horses tho friend, until the scourge that is Jimmy Bus has been removed from the organization there will always be a dark cloud hovering.

We do have a silver lining with Luke and Shaw back in the fold. I'm glad the "experts" have us as one of the worst, that's fuel for the young bucks!

Hawkeye15
08-11-2016, 11:56 AM
I applaud your enthusiasm Rocco007.

Hold your horses tho friend, until the scourge that is Jimmy Bus has been removed from the organization there will always be a dark cloud hovering.

We do have a silver lining with Luke and Shaw back in the fold. I'm glad the "experts" have us as one of the worst, that's fuel for the young bucks!

I do love the Luke choice. It will take some time, but I am curious as to what kind of coach he becomes.

mngopher35
08-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Ya I like some of the lakers talent and their coaching choice but this year is too early to predict them in the playoffs. I think trying for a jump up to 30 wins (similar to wolves last season) is a good goal. Maybe a few less to keep the pick though haha.

DR_1
08-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Wolves

IndyRealist
08-11-2016, 01:36 PM
I lost IQ points reading this whole thread. Now I'll probably end up looking for something with Kardashian in the title to read, if I still can. Thanks PSD.

^this.

Rocco007
08-11-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm not buying into the Wolves' "Best Young Core in the NBA"...When in reality they're best player was a Rookie last season... I don't think Wiggins is a top flight player. Ditto Lavine...
So how long are wolves fans going to boast this notion without bearing the burden of performance?
Wiggins and Lavine are going into their 3rd season...If you are so sold on their talent, why wouldn't you be certain that this is their year to breakout? With a quality HC mind you...

Because you are not sold on that idea...Just alot of blabbing about shoulda woulda coulda...
Nobody wants to pick on the Wolves because they're a losing Franchise...But they love to pile on the Lakers when we are on a 1st time swoon...come on now...
"If you can't hang with the big boys, stay your *ss on the porch".

MUST SEE TV WOLVES v LAKERS 2016-2017...I will be looking for all of you naysayers...
#noexcuses

Hawkeye15
08-11-2016, 02:23 PM
I just imagine you high fiving your way through life

mngopher35
08-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Yes our best player was a rookie last year. He is also currently being talked about in the top players thread before we even hit #20. Given he is that young and already that good I think there is reason to believe he is a major difference between us and some other young cores.

Seeing as though last year was our first year with Towns and we had like a 12 win jump and are currently one of the most mentioned teams in the most improved team thread again due to that young talent/Thibs I think the expectations of us making a jump to playoff level is there currently. Not sure about what exactly you are looking for but I would put money down that the Wolves end up with a better record than the Lakers next year if you are interested?

Rocco007
08-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Yes our best player was a rookie last year. He is also currently being talked about in the top players thread before we even hit #20. Given he is that young and already that good I think there is reason to believe he is a major difference between us and some other young cores.

Seeing as though last year was our first year with Towns and we had like a 12 win jump and are currently one of the most mentioned teams in the most improved team thread again due to that young talent/Thibs I think the expectations of us making a jump to playoff level is there currently. Not sure about what exactly you are looking for but I would put money down that the Wolves end up with a better record than the Lakers next year if you are interested?

Finally some Bite to go with the Bark...
I haven't even added Larry Nance Jr and of course Ivica Zubac to our young core...Who would be your most talented Center right now if he were on the Wolves...
So I don't know about a money bet because of the details of how it can be exchanged or the reliability of the exchange..But it would be nice to have a Thread of the Game when we face off...
I truly believe the Lakers will be better than the Wolves and will have a better record..
Let me ask you this...What is your offense going to look like under Thibs?
Last I checked, his teams averaged about 95 points a game...That's not going to cut it...Unless your defense is holding teams to under 90...Good Luck with that...

mngopher35
08-11-2016, 06:00 PM
I haven't even added Larry Nance Jr and of course Ivica Zubac to our young core...Who would be your most talented Center right now if he were on the Wolves...

I mean Towns/Dieng are both better for next season although I did like the very little I have seen of Zubac. We have Rubio/Dunn/Tyus/Lavine/Wiggins/Shabazz/Dieng/Towns as players 26 and younger with Aldrich, Rush, Hill, Bjelica to add as depth pieces as well. Our starting unit to end last season actually was a net positive on the court (Rubio/Lavine/Wiggins/Dieng/Towns) and they will only get better with experience and better coaching. The rest of those guys as depth pieces should at least make it so we aren't killed every game by other teams benches.

So I don't know about a money bet because of the details of how it can be exchanged or the reliability of the exchange..But it would be nice to have a Thread of the Game when we face off...
I truly believe the Lakers will be better than the Wolves and will have a better record..

I have not used them ever but I am pretty sure we could find some sort of peer to peer betting site etc. If you want I could look around as I would be pretty interested in that bet.

An easier route would be a sig bet of sorts though which works for me too. I definitely think we end up with a better record than the Lakers so a reasonable bet surrounding that is fine in any form with me. I have never made/used a sig before but I figure someone would help out with a nice Wolves one for you to wear if I won.

Last I checked, his teams averaged about 95 points a game...That's not going to cut it...Unless your defense is holding teams to under 90...Good Luck with that...

I honestly am not sure but using just ppg from his old team is a bit of a disservice due to their pace. They were ranked 27th in offense (ortg) before he got there and brought them as high as 5th with some mixed results overall in part due to injury. I believe he is a smart coach so he will likely use a mix of sets (pick and roll/pop with Ricky, iso Wiggins/Towns preferably in the post, motion etc) to use our players to the best of their ability. The thing is even with Sam Mitchell coaching us for long 2's and mid range shots we managed to have like the 12 rated offense in the league with our guys so young. Compared to Mitchell Thibs last offense generally had more player and ball movement as well, here is an article if interested http://fansided.com/2016/04/22/tom-thibodeau-minnesota-timberwolves-offensive-improvement/. I really am not worried about that end at all it is getting the defense (where we were like 28th) to catch up which should be Thibs strength.

Essentially I think the offense will at least be able to maintain their production/efficiency given the coaching change (Mitchell wasn't a plus there anyways) and development of players while the defense is where Thibs hopefully helps us take a jump forward.

Rocco007
08-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Just released
Sunday Nov 13th
Wolves at Lakers

Friday March 24th
Wolves at Lakers

Thursday March 30th
Lakers at Wolves

Sunday April 9th
Wolves at Lakers

We get 3 home games?

I guess..

McAllen Tx
08-11-2016, 11:00 PM
Ya I like some of the lakers talent and their coaching choice but this year is too early to predict them in the playoffs. I think trying for a jump up to 30 wins (similar to wolves last season) is a good goal. Maybe a few less to keep the pick though haha.

This is pretty much how I feel. I think with our coaching change, players drafted, players signed & player traded for we can have a 10-12 game improvement (27-29 wins). I think we have a few small trading chips that can probably get us up to 30-32 wins. But I see the FO doing opposite and trade away players (Williams, Calderon & Black) for picks and to keep our win increase to only about 8-10 games to try and keep our pick.

Chronz
08-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Just released
Sunday Nov 13th
Wolves at Lakers

Friday March 24th
Wolves at Lakers

Thursday March 30th
Lakers at Wolves

Sunday April 9th
Wolves at Lakers

We get 3 home games?

I guess..

They know the Lakers need more help

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Bucks should win a few more games. We added plenty of shooters to the roster.

McAllen Tx
08-12-2016, 11:32 AM
They know the Lakers need more help
Or maybe, since Minnesota ranked 2nd to last in attendance last season, the NBA knows it can make more money giving the Lakers more home games.

They know the T-Wolves need more help financially

tp13baby
08-12-2016, 11:54 AM

I like Nance, but Zubac is no way better than Towns or Dieng. I get your a homer but that's absolutely ridiculous to even think LA is going to be decent next year. I have LA pegged at the 13th seed in the west over the Suns and Sactown.

Rocco007
08-12-2016, 01:35 PM
I like Nance, but Zubac is no way better than Towns or Dieng. I get your a homer but that's absolutely ridiculous to even think LA is going to be decent next year. I have LA pegged at the 13th seed in the west over the Suns and Sactown.

So Towns is playing Center now? or are we just playing both sides because you know I am right?
Zubac is better than any of your centers, yes? ....
Your Young Core is not more promising than Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, Nance Jr and Zubac...
They just aren't...
Once we get past Towns, you have 3 year players in Wiggins and Lavine that have yet to get their games together...and Dunn, who I like...so far his highlight is breaking ankles but missing the shot...
Can anyone seriously deny that Clarkson is better than Lavine? Both going into their 3rd year...
Than I guess we can look at Russell being better than Dunn...Ingram surpassing Wiggins..he already has more game then Wiggins..more promise....and then you have
Randle, Nance Jr and Zubac...and all you have remaining is Towns...
You aren't deep enough...

Chronz
08-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Or maybe, since Minnesota ranked 2nd to last in attendance last season, the NBA knows it can make more money giving the Lakers more home games.

They know the T-Wolves need more help financially

Nah, its cuz they know they need help against these Wolves

tp13baby
08-12-2016, 02:14 PM
So Towns is playing Center now? or are we just playing both sides because you know I am right?
Zubac is better than any of your centers, yes? ....
Your Young Core is not more promising than Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, Nance Jr and Zubac...
They just aren't...
Once we get past Towns, you have 3 year players in Wiggins and Lavine that have yet to get their games together...and Dunn, who I like...so far his highlight is breaking ankles but missing the shot...
Can anyone seriously deny that Clarkson is better than Lavine? Both going into their 3rd year...
Than I guess we can look at Russell being better than Dunn...Ingram surpassing Wiggins..he already has more game then Wiggins..more promise....and then you have
Randle, Nance Jr and Zubac...and all you have remaining is Towns...
You aren't deep enough...

No its because I respect both young talent but I am neither a fan of each.
Zubac might be better than one of my centers, Joffrey Lauvergne but no way close to Jokic or Nurkic.
As for my core, we may not have the top level potential the Lakers got but we are a hell of a lot deeper.
Mudiay is primed to take the next step, still even a down year played just as "good" as Russell.
Clarkson is a better scorer but super inefficient, but Gary Harris played just as good as Clarkson.
Ingram just like Murray hasn't played a game, but both were great in summer league.
Jokic+Nurkic+Hernangomez>Randle+Zubac+Nance
Throw in Beasley for ***** and giggles plus my veterans, Gallo, Barton, Chandler, Faried are miles ahead of any of your vets.

But I will back Minnesota, Clarkson is inefficient. PPG looks high due to usage. Not a good defender in anyway. Lavine is younger and still developing all while playing better so Lavine>Clarkson until Clarkson is more efficient.

Dunn was the most impressive player in summer league before getting injured. I guess you can put Russell above him only cause Dunn hasn't played a regular season game. But Russell was pretty bad last year, but expect him to be real good this year.

McAllen Tx
08-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Nah, its cuz they know they need help against these Wolves

So you saying that since the NBA no longer has Joey Crawford to send to go help certain teams ( Lakers in this case ) they will now give teams more home games to help them out? Meh sounds believable...

Im saying though that the NBA is pulling a game from Minny cause they struggle to sell out home games even though on average their seats sell for probably $12, they're instead gonna give LA an extra home game against Minny cause they sell out alot more and their seats are priced on average of $200.

Especially now with the passing of Prince, who else are they gonna sell their most expensive seat of $80 to?

To Minny fans, Im just messing around.

mngopher35
08-12-2016, 03:56 PM
lol or Rocco just misposted the schedule and the first game is actually a home game for us...

Rocco007
08-12-2016, 04:11 PM
But I will back Minnesota, Clarkson is inefficient. PPG looks high due to usage. Not a good defender in anyway. Lavine is younger and still developing all while playing better so Lavine>Clarkson until Clarkson is more efficient.

Dunn was the most impressive player in summer league before getting injured. I guess you can put Russell above him only cause Dunn hasn't played a regular season game. But Russell was pretty bad last year, but expect him to be real good this year.

I thought you were a Minny fan...ooops...But anyways...
First of all Dunn was not more impressive than Russell in Summer League...I don't know how the h*ll anyone can say he was not the best player out there...That's laughable...D'Angelo Russell did anything he wanted out there... He could've averaged 30 plus a game...
Secondly if we are talking effeciency....Lavine was the worst player rated in the whole NBA his Rookie season...
He could not transition to the PG position...Hence, low BBall IQ...
Clarkson averaged less shots per game but yet more points per...Less turnovers...better win shares...
Clarkson and Russell can actually share PG and SG duties...It's the perfect backcourt...
Look up Clarkson workout vids and all you will see is him putting in work every summer on his game...
Not practicing dunks...
Clarkson will be head and shoulders about Lavine this season...not even close...

warfelg
08-13-2016, 07:37 AM
So you saying that since the NBA no longer has Joey Crawford to send to go help certain teams ( Lakers in this case ) they will now give teams more home games to help them out? Meh sounds believable...

Im saying though that the NBA is pulling a game from Minny cause they struggle to sell out home games even though on average their seats sell for probably $12, they're instead gonna give LA an extra home game against Minny cause they sell out alot more and their seats are priced on average of $200.

Especially now with the passing of Prince, who else are they gonna sell their most expensive seat of $80 to?

The simplest answer is you play 3 games against 4 teams the other divisions in your conference and they switch up who has the extra home game each time.

1. NBA SCHEDULING FORMULA
Each team have to play:
4 games against the other 4 division opponents, [4x4=16 games]
4 games against 6 (out-of-division) conference opponents, [4x6=24 games]
3 games against the remaining 4 conference teams, [3x4=12 games]
2 games against teams in the opposing conference. [2x15=30 games]

A five year rotation determines which out-of-division conference teams are played only 3 times.

So the next time the Lakers and Wolves are set to be the 3 game of the remaining 4, the Wolves will get 2 home games based on arena availability.

tp13baby
08-15-2016, 03:04 PM
First of all Dunn was not more impressive than Russell in Summer League...I don't know how the h*ll anyone can say he was not the best player out there...That's laughable...D'Angelo Russell did anything he wanted out there... He could've averaged 30 plus a game...
Secondly if we are talking effeciency....Lavine was the worst player rated in the whole NBA his Rookie season...
Clarkson averaged less shots per game but yet more points per...Less turnovers...better win shares...
Clarkson and Russell can actually share PG and SG duties...It's the perfect backcourt...
Look up Clarkson workout vids and all you will see is him putting in work every summer on his game...
Not practicing dunks...
Clarkson will be head and shoulders about Lavine this season...not even close...

Russell should of dominated. Its his second year against college players.

Secondly its irrelevant you bring up his rookie year. Lavine and Clarkson had the same PER. Which I am not the biggest fan of. But Lavine was superior in TS%, DWS, OWS, and win shares/48. Lavine is better and younger.

Third. Lavine is a SG so exactly why can't him and Dunn coexist? To me Wiggins is better at the sg positin but still. The only thing Clarkson and Russell can coexist together is being one of the worst defensive back courts in the league.

tp13baby
08-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Not practicing dunks...

Secondly its irrelevant you bring up his rookie year. Lavine and Clarkson had the same PER. Which I am not the biggest fan of. But Lavine was superior in TS%, DWS, OWS, and win shares/48. Lavine is better and younger.

Third. Lavine is a SG so exactly why can't him and Dunn coexist? To me Wiggins is better at the sg positin but still. The only thing Clarkson and Russell can coexist together is being one of the worst defensive back courts in the league.

Chronz
08-15-2016, 03:18 PM

I've not been serious in a single post here. Im ****ing with you bro

Rocco007
08-15-2016, 04:08 PM

You said Dunn was the best player in summer league, which was not true...Russell was...
I think you are hellbent in thinking Lavine is better than Clarkson...at this point you are entitled to your opinion...although nothing on the court supports that... Lavine was drafted as a combo guard...but he failed at PG duties...Clarkson did well as a Rookie...What does that tell you? That Lavine is better? lol...
and correction Lavine's WS or WS per 48 are not better than Clarkson's...get your stats straight...

Wiggins is a poor man's Rudy Gay...
Question...Who would you rathher have Andrew Wiggins or Rodney Hood?

The answer is easy....and that speaks volume...

Rodney Hood...
Now who would you rather have Rodney Hood or Brandon Ingram??
Lol...
The Lakers will have the best young core in the NBA this coming season...We are too deep in talent right now..

tp13baby
08-15-2016, 04:17 PM
You said Dunn was the best player in summer league, which was not true...Russell was...
I think you are hellbent in thinking Lavine is better than Clarkson...at this point you are entitled to your opinion...although nothing on the court supports that... Lavine was drafted as a combo guard...but he failed at PG duties...Clarkson did well as a Rookie...What does that tell you? That Lavine is better? lol...

Wiggins is a poor man's Rudy Gay...
Question...Who would you rathher have Andrew Wiggins or Rodney Hood?

The answer is easy....and that speaks volume...

Rodney Hood...
Now who would you rather have Rodney Hood or Brandon Ingram??
Lol...
The Lakers will have the best young core in the NBA this coming season...We are too deep in talent right now..

I gave you reasons as of last year why Lavine was better and yes he was a combo guard last year too.

Poor mans Rudy Gay isn't a thing. A poor version of Rudy Gay is not a rookie of the year let alone a rotation player on any team.

I laugh at the term deep. You hope Russell plays like he did in the d league, Ingram meets expectations, Clarkson takes a significant jump, Randle improves his numbers. To me you have 3 legit players and 2 decent role pieces.

TheDish87
08-15-2016, 05:16 PM
why do people still respond to this dude? just let him be in his little fantasy world bcuz we all know he will disappear when the lakers a bottom 5 team

McAllen Tx
08-15-2016, 05:42 PM
I've not been serious in a single post here. Im ****ing with you bro

Lol I know, why do you think Ive been ****ing with you right back. To bad it was at the expense if the Minny fanbase LMFAO....

Rocco007
08-16-2016, 05:32 PM
I gave you reasons as of last year why Lavine was better and yes he was a combo guard last year too.

Poor mans Rudy Gay isn't a thing. A poor version of Rudy Gay is not a rookie of the year let alone a rotation player on any team.

I laugh at the term deep. You hope Russell plays like he did in the d league, Ingram meets expectations, Clarkson takes a significant jump, Randle improves his numbers. To me you have 3 legit players and 2 decent role pieces.

The 2014 ROY was a joke...Andrew Wiggins won by default...
Lost to injuries...
2.Jabari Parker
3.Joel Embiid
5.Dante Exuum
7.Julius Randle

Andrew Wiggins was the only Rookie who started all 82 games on a terrible...
All he can muster was a shaky 16 points a game...
Jordan Clarkson or Elfrid Payton would've won the ROY had they started all 82 games IMO

Clarkson only started 38 games as a 2nd rd pick...Per 36 averaged had better stats than Wiggins...
Payton started 63 games...Per 36 averaged almost 11 pts 6.5 assts 5 rebs as a rookie PG...

Both made 2014 NBA All Rookie 1st team...

Wiggins is a farce...
The only reason Wolves will get TV time is because of Towns...The NBA sees an opportunity to promote a promising young player in a small market...

TheDish87
08-17-2016, 08:42 AM
go away

MonroeFAN
08-17-2016, 03:21 PM
My vote is for the T Wolves.

Rocco007
08-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Most have under appreciated what Kobe has done for our young guys...The experience...The hunger...The drive...Greatness rubs off when you are around it every day...
They all want to be the best they can be...
The Lakers will have a better record the the Wolves this year...Book it...
We are 15 deep on the Bench...

TheDish87
08-17-2016, 04:22 PM
every player wants to be the best they can be lol.

15 deep hahahahahaahahahahahhaa

you are waaay to concerned about the Wolves, its weird.

R. Johnson#3
08-17-2016, 04:39 PM
Wolves

FlashBolt
08-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Most have under appreciated what Kobe has done for our young guys...The experience...The hunger...The drive...Greatness rubs off when you are around it every day...
They all want to be the best they can be...
The Lakers will have a better record the the Wolves this year...Book it...
We are 15 deep on the Bench...

Lmao, this is beyond laughable. Who will carry the Lakers? I think D'Angelo will be a much improved player along with Randle but the rest of the crew are complete jokes. Nancy will get a pass but c'mon.. Luol Deng and Mosgov? Those are the veteran guys expected to help this young team? It's an absolute joke. And you give Kobe way too much credit for the "development" of the young guys. If anything, I think it slowed down D'Angelo's progression. He is much better than he was made out to be last year. Unfortunately, there is not much your PG can do when Kobe wants to shoot the ball.

Tony_Starks
08-18-2016, 11:37 AM
If I'm a Minny fan I'm just hoping Rubio balls out to start the season, his value shoots up, and they ship him out.

The sooner Dunn is your starting PG the sooner they will actually be a team to reckon with.

Put me on the record.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2016, 12:59 PM
If I'm a Minny fan I'm just hoping Rubio balls out to start the season, his value shoots up, and they ship him out.

The sooner Dunn is your starting PG the sooner they will actually be a team to reckon with.

Put me on the record.

Dunn needs to earn the spot before we bother taking calls on Rubio serious. But I know you get that

PhillyFaninLA
08-18-2016, 12:59 PM

No because if you read his posts all things Lakers are ordained by God and truly reflect greatness in the universe and should be modeled by all....when anything else does anything, even the same thing its horrible, offensive, and a complete joke

That is how I read his posts at least

Hawkeye15
08-18-2016, 01:01 PM
No because if you read his posts all things Lakers are ordained by God and truly reflect greatness in the universe and should be modeled by all....when anything else does anything, even the same thing its horrible, offensive, and a complete joke

you more or less get it

Tony_Starks
08-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Dunn needs to earn the spot before we bother taking calls on Rubio serious. But I know you get that

I don't think that will be a problem. I'd venture to say it will probably happen relatively quickly.

Rocco007
08-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Lmao, this is beyond laughable. Who will carry the Lakers? I think D'Angelo will be a much improved player along with Randle but the rest of the crew are complete jokes. Nancy will get a pass but c'mon.. Luol Deng and Mosgov? Those are the veteran guys expected to help this young team? It's an absolute joke. And you give Kobe way too much credit for the "development" of the young guys. If anything, I think it slowed down D'Angelo's progression. He is much better than he was made out to be last year. Unfortunately, there is not much your PG can do when Kobe wants to shoot the ball.

This is why we play the game...You obviously have an opinion that won't change until they ball on the court...
But to say it's Russell and Randle and evreyone else is a joke????
"Come on man!!!" #chrisberman
You don't really believe that..do you???? :speechless:
I give Kobe too much credit? I think he doesn't get enough credit for his influence in today's game...The players know the truth...
I will sum it up this way...from a non team mate...
Kyrie Irving just won a Championship along side the concensus "Greatest Player on the Planet"...Lebron James...and this is what he was thinking about in the biggest moment of his life...Who was he thinking about???? and it wasn't going to Disney Land...

Irving told reporters after Cleveland’s title-clinching win Sunday that he helped himself by adopting a “Mamba mentality.” The three-time all-star certainly evoked memories of Bryant’s ice-veined approach to late-game scenarios when he drained a go-ahead three-pointer with under a minute left that went a long way toward giving his Cavs a 93-89 triumph.

It all fell into place for Kyrie Irving. In the final minute of Game 7 of the NBA Finals, he broke a scoreless tie with a fadeaway 3-pointer over two-time reigning MVP Stephen Curry. The Cavs proceeded to win the game and the series, and Irving etched his name in NBA glory forever.

The dream continued into Irving's celebration.

"I actually FaceTimed Kobe after the game as soon as I got in the locker room," Irving says. "Other than seeing my dad and my sister right after we won, FaceTiming him was just a great thing, knowing how he has won five and I just won my first. Then realizing how hard it is just to win one, my respect for him is already high, but it went to another level knowing that he's got five of them. I'm trying to get a second one."

Irving credits Phil Handy, who was also on the FaceTime, for sparking his relationship with Bryant. Handy serves as Cavs Director of Player Development/Assistant Coach, a position he has held since 2013, previously serving as Lakers Director of Player Development.

"[Bryant] was telling me congrats," Irving says of the FaceTime. "I had been speaking to him throughout the entire playoffs and during the season. During the Finals, we didn't really talk as much, because for me, I wanted to experience it full on, and if I needed his help, I would reach out to him. He would send me some texts here and there, but mainly he kind of let me be, and let me grow into my own space."

McAllen Tx
08-18-2016, 04:59 PM

Huh? When have I said anything about the Lakers making the play-offs?

tp13baby
08-18-2016, 07:41 PM
This is why we play the game...You obviously have an opinion that won't change until they ball on the court...
But to say it's Russell and Randle and evreyone else is a joke????
"Come on man!!!" #chrisberman
You don't really believe that..do you???? :speechless:
I give Kobe too much credit? I think he doesn't get enough credit for his influence in today's game...The players know the truth...
I will sum it up this way...from a non team mate...
Kyrie Irving just won a Championship along side the concensus "Greatest Player on the Planet"...Lebron James...and this is what he was thinking about in the biggest moment of his life...Who was he thinking about???? and it wasn't going to Disney Land...

Irving told reporters after Cleveland’s title-clinching win Sunday that he helped himself by adopting a “Mamba mentality.” The three-time all-star certainly evoked memories of Bryant’s ice-veined approach to late-game scenarios when he drained a go-ahead three-pointer with under a minute left that went a long way toward giving his Cavs a 93-89 triumph.

It all fell into place for Kyrie Irving. In the final minute of Game 7 of the NBA Finals, he broke a scoreless tie with a fadeaway 3-pointer over two-time reigning MVP Stephen Curry. The Cavs proceeded to win the game and the series, and Irving etched his name in NBA glory forever.

The dream continued into Irving's celebration.

"I actually FaceTimed Kobe after the game as soon as I got in the locker room," Irving says. "Other than seeing my dad and my sister right after we won, FaceTiming him was just a great thing, knowing how he has won five and I just won my first. Then realizing how hard it is just to win one, my respect for him is already high, but it went to another level knowing that he's got five of them. I'm trying to get a second one."

Irving credits Phil Handy, who was also on the FaceTime, for sparking his relationship with Bryant. Handy serves as Cavs Director of Player Development/Assistant Coach, a position he has held since 2013, previously serving as Lakers Director of Player Development.

"[Bryant] was telling me congrats," Irving says of the FaceTime. "I had been speaking to him throughout the entire playoffs and during the season. During the Finals, we didn't really talk as much, because for me, I wanted to experience it full on, and if I needed his help, I would reach out to him. He would send me some texts here and there, but mainly he kind of let me be, and let me grow into my own space."

Associates killer mentality with winning, but the young guys saw nothing but losing since they have been there.

Rocco007
08-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Associates killer mentality with winning, but the young guys saw nothing but losing since they have been there.

Wowser...
Your BBall IQ is much lower than I thought...Bombs away!!!

Jordan Clarkson writes about 'incredible learning experience' with Kobe Bryant, reflects on his rookie season
It wasn't even preseason yet, but Kobe was going full speed. Somehow he made it look as if he was just gliding around. I don't think he had played all summer due to his injury, but he still killed everyone. The first possession, he caught the rock along the baseline and hit a turn-around jumper in my face ... a shot I've seen him hit literally a thousand times on TV.

"Hey, don't hurt yourself, young fella," Kobe uttered to me.

It was one of my "Welcome to the NBA" moments. I experienced a few of those moments during my rookie year. I had the unenviable task of guarding Kobe throughout training camp. There aren't too many guys who get an opportunity to sit down, talk to Kobe and actually pick his brain, but I was afforded this privilege. It was an incredible learning experience for me, to say the least. For all the stories you hear about Kobe talking trash and demanding a lot from his teammates, on many occasions he's picked us up, too. He leads by example; however, you don't hear about that much in the media.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/7/8/8913193/la-lakers-kobe-bryant-jordan-clarkson-summer-league

Julius Randle Cites Kobe Bryant As Biggest Help Through Rehab Process

Julius Randle credits Kobe Bryant for helping him get through his rehab from a fractured leg.

Bryant advised Randle to remain patient during his rehab. Randle was injured on opening night after being the Los Angeles Lakers' lottery pick in 2014.

"The biggest person to help get me through this was Kobe – by far," Randle said.

"I hope we can give him a reason to keep playing," Randle said. "I want to keep learning from him. Kobe's going to challenge you and push you. If you have a certain fire, a love for the game, that doesn't bother you. He may not always say something to piss you off, but he maybe just says something that makes you think."

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/239294/Julius-Randle-Cites-Kobe-Bryant-As-Biggest-Help-Through-Rehab-Process

Julius Randle Shares What He Learned From Kobe Bryant In Rookie Season

Randle suffered a devastating leg injury in the team’s season opener against the Houston Rockets. However, during the process, Randle shares what he has learned from Kobe in an interview with Bleacher Report’s Kevin Ding:

“One of the things I learned from Kobe: You focus on what you’re dealing with now,” Randle said. “Of course, you know the big picture, but I was just focused on what I was dealing with now. Getting the swelling out of my leg. Whatever I needed to do to build toward something. I was focused on the details more than looking at the big picture. If you look at the big picture, you start losing your focus on the little things.”

During Randle’s recovery this season, the rookie says the five-time champion still keeps in touch with him via talks and texts according to Ding:

Bryant previously vowed to stay on Randle during recovery, and Randle said Bryant has via talks and texts: “Seeing if I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing. Going about my craft the right way. Building toward something. I learned that stuff from him.”
http://www.lakersnation.com/julius-randle-shares-what-he-learned-from-kobe-bryant-in-rookie-season/2015/02/27/

D'Angelo Russell learning a lot from Kobe Bryant before meeting him face-to-face

Although Lakers fans still don't know what to expect with Russell and aren't quite sure if they like his tendency to say anything that crosses his mind, the rookie isn't looking up to the right person. Russell has nothing but respect for his new superstar teammate Kobe Bryant and made that clear in a recent interview with Serena Winters of LakersNation.com:

“That’s something when I watch Kobe interviews or listen to Kobe talk, he's mentally on another level, when I listen to him, I relate to that.”

Russell also talked about how unique Kobe is and that he believes there will never be another NBA player like him.

“When people say ‘the next Kobe,’ there’s not going to be a next Kobe, there’s not going to be a next Michael Jordan. But, there’s something you can steal from all those players, stir it up and get what you get out of it. And, I want to be that player that’s the next D’Angelo Russell.”

The rookie point guard making an interesting comment by saying 'there's something you can steal from all those players' when referring to Bryant and Michael Jordan. The 19-year-old knows his history and is obviously looking to following in Kobe's footsteps with Jordan claiming that Bryant stole all of his moves recently during his basketball camp in Santa Barbara, via Patrick Dorsey of ESPN:

"Actually, Kobe and I are good friends. I like Kobe, we talk a lot, I hope he comes back healthy. I think he’s one of the great players of the game, I think he’s done a lot for the game, and he has a true love for the game of basketball. I absolutely have high regard for Kobe Bryant.

“Even though he stole all my moves, but that’s OK. I still love him like a brother.”

Needless to say, the respect is there and Russell knows wants to learn from the best. Russell has great regard for Bryant and would be wise to take advantage of playing alongside the five-time NBA champion next season. It may be the last chance for him to do so with Kobe more than likely retiring after the 2015-16 campaign.

https://www.axs.com/d-angelo-russell-learning-a-lot-from-kobe-bryant-before-meeting-him-fa-65329
Rookie Diary: Cleared for Takeoff

I wish I could have that kind of introduction … 17-time All-Star … third all-time scorer in NBA history … just hearing the crowd get louder and louder with each accomplishment. And then Kobe opening up with three 3s in his first four shots. That must have been a dream scenario. It was such a special night, and even though it was a bad loss, I was happy for him.

I hear some people saying, “Kobe should just step aside.” That he’s hurting the development of our younger players. He’s not. It’s funny to me, because he’s the third leading scorer in NBA history. You’re gonna tell him which shots to take and not to take? C’mon. This is what Kobe does. For me, it’s the biggest honor to be on the same court, to call him a teammate. I don’t look at it as, Aw, man! He’s stunting my growth! I try to learn as much as I can from him. On the bench. On the court. In the locker room. I’m listening to every little tidbit of knowledge he gives out.

Our last game before the trip was at home against Indiana. We were on the bench together when Metta World Peace got a steal. Kobe looked at me and said, “You see Metta? You need to watch him every possession, because defensively, he is it. And you can do that.”

I just think it’s cool that he thought I could become a Metta World Peace-type defender. In my mind, I already I believe defense is what I do and where I can make an impact. If Kobe believes it, shoot, it must be possible.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/nba-rookie-diary-larry-nance-jr-lakers/

Lakers’ young core say they are accepting high expectations from Kobe Bryant,

Once the buzzer sounded, Kobe Bryant hugged D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson at center court with the same emotion as if he had just won another NBA championship. In the locker room, Bryant’s teammates soon showered him with a champagne bath suggesting the same thing.

Eventually, the euphoria died surrounding Bryant’s 60-point performance in his final game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday at Staples Center. Then, Bryant offered one parting message after drilling countless other ones both on the court and in the locker room.

“The most important thing during this offseason is for them to work together. It’s easy sometimes for them to break apart,” Bryant said before offering perspective on his 20-year NBA career. “ ‘It will go by fast. If you don’t give it your all, you will regret it. You’re absolutely going to regret it. Don’t be that guy. Get yourself in the gym. Work as hard as you possibly can.’ And hopefully they got the message.”

A day later, it sounded as if they heard it.

Russell, Larry Nance Jr. and Anthony Brown plan to play in Summer League for the second consecutive year. Clarkson only expressed uncertainty because of his uncertain offseason as a restricted free agent. Randle remained noncommittal simply because he wanted to unwind.

“With this organization, I feel like failure is not an option,” Russell said. “You can be replaced just like that”

Just as the Lakers want to establish continuity with their young core, looming changes might arise. The Lakers could receive a top-three pick in the NBA draft lottery next month. The Lakers will have about $55 million to spend on free agents this offseason when accounting for expiring contracts to Bryant ($25 million) and Roy Hibbert ($15.5 million).

Thursday with Scott and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak centered on improving his work habits.

“Maturity was more a topic of discussion as far as preparation, figuring out a routine and going into film sessions and practice and shootarounds with a more business-like approach instead of a ‘Let’s get through it’ approach,” Russell said. “I don’t feel like you can teach leadership qualities. You just have to have it. I’ve always tried to be a leader. But I think the great thing about our team is everybody wants to be a leader.”

Russell also wants to become stronger so he can expand his post game.

Despite averaging a double double, Randle believes he can become “great” if he perfects his mid-range jump shot, right hand and off-ball defense. After describing his defense as “horrible,” Clarkson plans to make that area a higher priority. Nance Jr. will focus on developing his mid-range game as a small forward. And with his injured right foot at “80 percent,” Brown hopes to increase reps after playing a mostly limited role.

“I don’t think anybody’s walking around like they just walked on water,” Randle said. “ We all feel like we could do a better job.”

To reach that point, Russell, Randle and Clarkson all vowed they will accept Bryant’s open invitation for feedback. They said they will plan to continuously seek his advice and drive down to his Orange County residence for informal workouts. Clarkson also joked he would drag Russell and Randle out of bed to the Lakers’ facility in El Segundo.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20160414/lakers-young-core-say-they-are-accepting-high-expectations-from-kobe-bryant-byron-scott

Oefarmy2005
08-22-2016, 04:20 PM
I know that all Laker fans are delusional, but this is just absurd. Hope this guy does something stupid and gets banned soon, because that purple text is so flipping annoying.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2016, 04:38 PM
I don't even care about the purple font, it's the text in it. Like, nothing in there presents anything but b.s., from trying to quote a bunch of people talk about Kobe, or tell me that Russell's work ethic is better than Wiggins. Like, how the **** do you know?

If I were a betting man, I am taking the Wolves having more wins than the Lakers this year, without a doubt.

Rocco007
08-22-2016, 04:59 PM
I don't even care about the purple font, it's the text in it. Like, nothing in there presents anything but b.s., from trying to quote a bunch of people talk about Kobe, or tell me that Russell's work ethic is better than Wiggins. Like, how the **** do you know?

If I were a betting man, I am taking the Wolves having more wins than the Lakers this year, without a doubt.

Shoulda Coulda Woulda....All the physical talent in the world...Lacks the heart and motor...
He rather play 2 guard to avoid the heavyweights at SF but over his first 2 seasons he can't defend his way out of a wet paperbag or shoot over 30% from 3 point range...shot 31pct as a Rookie...30 pct as a 2 year player...But I am sure he's working on it in the offseason...still weighs the same as he did in HS/college...Ditto Zach Lavine...and you want us to believe that these guys are serious about their off season workouts?...One of the first things these young players should do is put on muscle and weight...Lavine and Wiggins are Michael Jackson light in the arse... Get in the GYM!!! You will see the difference in the development of a young man like Brandon Ingram and a low bball IQ player like Andrew Wiggins...ditto Jordan Clarkson and Zach Lavine... "Ball don't Lie"
http://hooper.sportsblog.com/posts/17896279/what-happened-to-andrew-wiggins-.html

smith&wesson
08-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Twolves!!! they have a nice little core and will be competitive this year... I think they will be a playoff team.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Shoulda Coulda Woulda....All the physical talent in the world...Lacks the heart and motor...
He rather play 2 guard to avoid the heavyweights at SF but over his first 2 seasons he can't defend his way out of a wet paperbag or shoot over 30% from 3 point range...shot 31pct as a Rookie...30 pct as a 2 year player...But I am sure he's working on it in the offseason...still weighs the same as he did in HS/college...Ditto Zach Lavine...and you want us to believe that these guys are serious about their off season workouts?...One of the first things these young players should do is put on muscle and weight...Lavine and Wiggins are Michael Jackson light in the arse... Get in the GYM!!! You will see the difference in the development of a young man like Brandon Ingram and a low bball IQ player like Andrew Wiggins...ditto Jordan Clarkson and Zach Lavine... "Ball don't Lie"
http://hooper.sportsblog.com/posts/17896279/what-happened-to-andrew-wiggins-.html

again, you just blab dude. I could literally care less what you type.

For all the articles you post with your agenda, there are articles with the opposite. Cherry picking your point ain't gonna work.

Why don't you just chill, and let the season unfold, then come up with something.

Rocco007
08-22-2016, 05:30 PM
again, you just blab dude. I could literally care less what you type.

For all the articles you post with your agenda, there are articles with the opposite. Cherry picking your point ain't gonna work.

Why don't you just chill, and let the season unfold, then come up with something.

Well because that's what we do on PSD...wait for the season to unfold and chill...Yeah bro...Look at the topics being discussed on here...
If you are a Minny fan and you are wishing I get Banned because my words sting or the Laker Purple Font blinds your eyeballs...that's one thing...If you want to sit on being the supposedly NBA's best young core and not want to debate it out, then that's another...
I already have the dates marked...Wolves v Lakers....
We will let it unfold...Just don't run from your words...I am done here...
#mambaoutmicdrop...

Hawkeye15
08-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Well because that's what we do on PSD...wait for the season to unfold and chill...Yeah bro...Look at the topics being discussed on here...
If you are a Minny fan and you are wishing I get Banned because my words sting or the Laker Purple Font blinds your eyeballs...that's one thing...If you want to sit on being the supposedly NBA's best young core and not want to debate it out, then that's another...
I already have the dates marked...Wolves v Lakers....
We will let it unfold...Just don't run from your words...I am done here...
#mambaoutmicdrop...

I could care less if you are banned or not.

Why debate what we don't know? We don't know the future. What we do know, is the Wolves young players with NBA experience have been better than the Lakers. Incoming rookies we know zip about, there is no debating them.

The mere fact that Towns alone destroys anyone else in this conversation is already our win. All Wiggins/Lavine need to do is keep developing and reach what they reach. The Lakers aren't any closer to identifying a future star than they were a year ago.

I could care less about 3 games, that doesn't define a regular season. But whatever floats your boat.

we all hope you are done here, trust me...

IKnowHoops
08-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Rocco you are hilarious.

mavwar53
08-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Joining this thread pretty late but I say Bucks

IKnowHoops
08-23-2016, 12:48 AM
I don't think that will be a problem. I'd venture to say it will probably happen relatively quickly.

Very rarely do we agree on something.

I do think Rubio is a tad underrated by non Twolves fans. But I think he is overrated by Twolves fans.

IKnowHoops
08-23-2016, 12:50 AM
Joining this thread pretty late but I say Bucks

Wolves will be better than the Bucks next year IMO. Wolves will be the most improved team based on wins from last year to this upcoming year IMO as well.

PurpleLynch
08-23-2016, 04:20 AM
My goodness,Rocco discovered the Nba general forum,we are all doomed.(Comin' from a Lakers fan who knows him from the LAL forum)

McAllen Tx
08-23-2016, 05:58 AM
My goodness,Rocco discovered the Nba general forum,we are all doomed.(Comin' from a Lakers fan who knows him from the LAL forum)

Somebody left the gate open again.

I like Rocco though, he's entertaining

Captain Moroni
08-23-2016, 01:51 PM
Knicks have improved in many ways that don't involve the health of Derick Rose. Take Rose off the roster and they are still a much improved roster from last season. The Euro players brought in are solid players. Noah will be a beast and Jennings is already a better PG than we have had since Linsanity. Courtney Lee is the perfect 2 along side Melo. Another year of Porzingis, Add rose and this could be a pretty fun group to watch.
Minny is going to be very good. Thibs will run the crap out of the young players but also get so much out of them.
Philly is ready to take the next step
Utah should also be much improved.

albertajaysfan
08-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Somebody left the gate open again.

I like Rocco though, he's entertaining

You guys have to deal with that in your team forum? That must be interesting...

albertajaysfan
08-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Knicks have improved in many ways that don't involve the health of Derick Rose. Take Rose off the roster and they are still a much improved roster from last season. The Euro players brought in are solid players. Noah will be a beast and Jennings is already a better PG than we have had since Linsanity. Courtney Lee is the perfect 2 along side Melo. Another year of Porzingis, Add rose and this could be a pretty fun group to watch.
Minny is going to be very good. Thibs will run the crap out of the young players but also get so much out of them.
Philly is ready to take the next step
Utah should also be much improved.

I just think Rose gets in the way honestly. I like most of the other moves you guys made. The Rose and Noah moves make no sense to me.

Captain Moroni
08-24-2016, 10:12 AM
I like most of the other moves you guys made. The Rose and Noah moves make no sense to me.

Curious as to why?

McAllen Tx
08-24-2016, 10:30 AM
You guys have to deal with that in your team forum? That must be interesting...

He's good. At least he's a positive poster. He comes up with some off the wall stuff but no biggie.

nycericanguy
08-24-2016, 10:35 AM
I just think Rose gets in the way honestly. I like most of the other moves you guys made. The Rose and Noah moves make no sense to me.

no way, he brings a valuable skill set... attack the basket... say what you want about him but he did that last year better than most, and the knicks need that, especially if they are going to run more under Hornacek.

knicks will likely be most improved team, question is by how much.

Noah makes 1000% sense, i'm not even going to break that one down...lol. You couldn't possibly hand pick a C that would fit in better with the knicks, it's just a matter of health.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2016, 11:49 AM
no way, he brings a valuable skill set... attack the basket... say what you want about him but he did that last year better than most, and the knicks need that, especially if they are going to run more under Hornacek.

knicks will likely be most improved team, question is by how much.

Noah makes 1000% sense, i'm not even going to break that one down...lol. You couldn't possibly hand pick a C that would fit in better with the knicks, it's just a matter of health.

The Knicks still have zero bench, and Rose is really nothing more than an average player at this point. If he can give you a drive and kick game, it will help Melo, and the rest of the offense. But I really can't see more than 40-42 wins, which won't be the biggest win total improvement most likely. The Knicks are so dependent on health, and with guys like Noah/Rose, that isn't a good thing...

LoveCaliFan
08-24-2016, 12:01 PM
49-33 Lakers! A 32 game improvement. 5th-6th seed for playoffs.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2016, 12:42 PM

honestly, I think flipping that record around is a few too many wins, as far as expectations go

IKnowHoops
08-24-2016, 01:05 PM

As Puffy would say... Ahn ahn, ahn ahn...

ewing
08-24-2016, 01:24 PM
The Knicks still have zero bench, and Rose is really nothing more than an average player at this point. If he can give you a drive and kick game, it will help Melo, and the rest of the offense. But I really can't see more than 40-42 wins, which won't be the biggest win total improvement most likely. The Knicks are so dependent on health, and with guys like Noah/Rose, that isn't a good thing...

A Rose ever been the point guard on a good offense. Even when the Bulls were good with Rose i feel like they were a slug it out team. I have two questions for my knicks: can these guys stay healthy and can Rose run a show where others make plays? As far as the Knicks bench, I disagree. Its not bad.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2016, 01:30 PM
A Rose ever been the point guard on a good offense. Even when the Bulls were good with Rose i feel like they were a slug it out team. I have two questions for my knicks: can these guys stay healthy and can Rose run a show where others make plays? As far as the Knicks bench, I disagree. Its not bad.

the 11-12' Bulls team was a top 5 offense. But why does that matter? The Knicks won't be a top offense anyways.

Health is what you are absolutely reliant on. The Knicks won't be able to absorb injuries to top players, and win much more than they did last year.

I don't think the bench is good. Time will tell. I admit, the starting point is you at least have a good backup PG, which will help.

ewing
08-24-2016, 01:47 PM
the 11-12' Bulls team was a top 5 offense. But why does that matter? The Knicks won't be a top offense anyways.

Health is what you are absolutely reliant on. The Knicks won't be able to absorb injuries to top players, and win much more than they did last year.

I don't think the bench is good. Time will tell. I admit, the starting point is you at least have a good backup PG, which will help.

I think Rose was hurt most of the year, that year. It matters b/c he is the teams point guard and he has two other starters with him that need to see that ball in the right spots if they are going to be good.

LoveCaliFan
08-24-2016, 02:05 PM
honestly, I think flipping that record around is a few too many wins, as far as expectations go

I'm real good at predictions. We might even win 55 games. I'll take 52-30, if not, 49-33. Regardless we will be most improved.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2016, 02:16 PM
I think Rose was hurt most of the year, that year. It matters b/c he is the teams point guard and he has two other starters with him that need to see that ball in the right spots if they are going to be good.

You asked if he ever had good offenses, I stated why does it matter, he won't in NY...

Yes, he needs to be that drive and kick PG for your team to increase their win total by much.

I just worry about the health to be honest.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm real good at predictions. We might even win 55 games. I'll take 52-30, if not, 49-33. Regardless we will be most improved.

well, chalk one up in your loss column. a .500 Laker squad is not in the cards this year. 30 wins should be the benchmark.

LoveCaliFan
08-24-2016, 02:17 PM
Runner up will be the Knicks. Knicks and Bulls will be playing Eastern Conference Finals. Lakers and Warriors will be in Western Conference Finals. TBD....

nycericanguy
08-24-2016, 02:31 PM

Zero bench? Way too harsh. Jennings has been a starting PG in this league, he had an injury that usually takes a full year to completely recover from. He should be much better next year.

Lance Thomas - perfect bench guy, absolutely love him.

Holiday is a good 3 & D bench player. O'Quinn is a solid backup big.

Not even going to get into the EURO bench guys, but those top 9 players are solid.

Their bench is fine, hell it was ranked the #9 bench in the league by CBSsports. You're severely underrating it.

Rose was better than average last year after the eye injury. How many PG's can put up 19/5/4 on 45% like Rose did the 2nd half of last season? But hey even an average PG is a monumental upgrade for the Knicks.

And yes health is a concern, but i'm not betting against Rose & Noah, not next year at least, those two are healthy now and seem super motivated & rejuvenated.

tp13baby
08-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Zero bench? Way too harsh. Jennings has been a starting PG in this league, he had an injury that usually takes a full year to completely recover from. He should be much better next year.

Not even going to get into the EURO bench guys, but those top 9 players are solid.

Their bench is fine, hell it was ranked the #9 bench in the league by CBSsports. You're severely underrating it.

Rose was better than average last year after the eye injury. How many PG's can put up 19/5/4 on 45% like Rose did the 2nd half of last season? But hey even an average PG is a monumental upgrade for the Knicks.

And yes health is a concern, but i'm not betting against Rose & Noah, not next year at least, those two are healthy now and seem super motivated & rejuvenated.

To be fair that list was absolutely god awful.

Scoots
08-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Jazz, Nuggets, Wolves, Lakers, Grizzlies, Magic, Celtics, Knicks ... the Western conference is taking back the advantage.

And nobody should forget that Rose says the Knicks are going to go 82-0 next year :)

I think the Mavs record could significantly improve this year, but not as much as the teams above.

TheDish87
08-24-2016, 03:46 PM

i laugh a little harder every time you post.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2016, 05:04 PM

I remember reading the CBS Sports deal, it was not well done. Pelton just did his review on records via RPM (also not perfect, but better), and has the Knicks at 35 wins. The bench is weak, and furthermore, not suited to play big minutes if you have injuries in that starting lineup.

I am really not sure why Knicks fans are all that optimistic about their team this year to be honest.

IKnowHoops
08-24-2016, 10:55 PM

Dude, Ill bet you anything you want you don't win 45 games. Anything. I'll give you 5-1 odds on 55 wins. You make me want to "sell my house, go to the atm, and put everything on" less than 55 wins for the lakers

LoveCaliFan
08-25-2016, 11:26 AM
i laugh a little harder every time you post.

i'm glad to know you carry around my predictions. Feels good to be hated for realistic views.

LoveCaliFan
08-25-2016, 11:32 AM
Dude, Ill bet you anything you want you don't win 45 games. Anything. I'll give you 5-1 odds on 55 wins. You make me want to "sell my house, go to the atm, and put everything on" less than 55 wins for the lakers

If i had that type of money i'd bet. The bet would be for the money to go to homeless regardless who won. I'd also bet to my Laker fans that Randle is highly overrated.

TheDish87
08-25-2016, 11:57 AM
i'm glad to know you carry around my predictions. Feels good to be hated for realistic views.

since ive seen you post i have yet to see anything that is realistic. but hey im looking forward to you disappearing when you are wrong about everything, literally everything.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2016, 12:11 PM

The Lakers winning 49 games, or more, is the least realistic view possible.

pebloemer
08-25-2016, 12:58 PM
I got TWolves, Jazz and Magic making the leap into the playoffs this year. That would probably give the TWolves the highest leap for me.

IKnowHoops
08-25-2016, 01:06 PM
If i had that type of money i'd bet. The bet would be for the money to go to homeless regardless who won. I'd also bet to my Laker fans that Randle is highly overrated.

How about a sig bet? I'll bet they dont win 45 games. You up for that?

LoveCaliFan
08-25-2016, 01:38 PM
How about a sig bet? I'll bet they dont win 45 games. You up for that?

Deal!

LoveCaliFan
08-25-2016, 01:43 PM
since ive seen you post i have yet to see anything that is realistic. but hey im looking forward to you disappearing when you are wrong about everything, literally everything.

i don't die, i multiply. lol. Point. I don't hide from nobody. Reasons? I'm mostly right, because i observe every aspect before making judgements. Also, if i'm ever wrong, i am quick to admit that. I can stand the heat in the kitchen.

TheDish87
08-25-2016, 01:55 PM
lol i guess we will see if you can take the heat real soon.

LaLa_Land
08-26-2016, 12:13 AM
Hahaha, he's here. Have fun with this guy. For even more fun, visit the Laker forum (specifically the offseason thread) and check out his jumpshot lessons. To die for.

As far as the Lakers go, they are essentially at the same precipice the Timberwolves were at last year. I'll be jumping for joy if they can muster 30+ wins. That would provide some proof of concept, as it likely means that at least one of the children began showing some stones, and also that Luke is a legitimate coach. The Timberwolves went from 16 wins to 29, and now have a legitimate star in the making (KAT). Hopefully the Lakers can recreate the same scenario, and identify their own star.

More-Than-Most
08-26-2016, 12:28 AM
Deal!

45 games in you will have already lost the bet

Jeffy25
08-26-2016, 02:41 AM
I remember reading the CBS Sports deal, it was not well done. Pelton just did his review on records via RPM (also not perfect, but better), and has the Knicks at 35 wins. The bench is weak, and furthermore, not suited to play big minutes if you have injuries in that starting lineup.

I am really not sure why Knicks fans are all that optimistic about their team this year to be honest.

They are every year......

ewing
08-26-2016, 04:48 AM
we are fans

TheDish87
08-26-2016, 08:53 AM
nothing wrong with being optimistic but Knick fans seems to be overly about it. If i was a NYK fan my optimistic outlook would be a .500 record with a 7 or 8 seed but it seems to be the same old noise talking about nearly 50 wins and competing for the div when everyone else knows thats not ralistic

McAllen Tx
08-26-2016, 11:25 AM
I think the NY organization is in a tough spot. They have a declining hometown superstar (Melo) and an up and coming potential superstar (KP). They're still trying to win building around Melo by signing mid-tier vets to long deals. What happens when Melo leaves in 2-3 years? KP is gonna be stuck with Melos team.

I understand wanting to win with hometown Melo but IMO KP should be #1 priority.

JAZZNC
08-26-2016, 12:08 PM
I feel like the Jazz will be the most improved team talent wise. I feel like they have improved their playoff chances the most. They may not have the most improved win total because they won 40 last year but of all the teams being mentioned in this thread I feel like they are the best of that group. I haven't been this excited for Jazz basketball since the trip to the WCF with Deron and company. We have a very balanced roster with a lot of quality depth. Add in the fact that Hayward and Favors finally get something better than D League talent at PG. George Hill is perfect and Joe should take some pressure off Hayward at the end of close games. If healthy I feel like we could get HC in the first round and could (not holding my breath) challenge the Clippers for the third seed.

Scoots
08-26-2016, 12:25 PM
Sig bets don't pay out when the loser stops posting :)

Scoots
08-26-2016, 12:27 PM
I feel like the Jazz will be the most improved team talent wise. I feel like they have improved their playoff chances the most. They may not have the most improved win total because they won 40 last year but of all the teams being mentioned in this thread I feel like they are the best of that group. I haven't been this excited for Jazz basketball since the trip to the WCF with Deron and company. We have a very balanced roster with a lot of quality depth. Add in the fact that Hayward and Favors finally get something better than D League talent at PG. George Hill is perfect and Joe should take some pressure off Hayward at the end of close games. If healthy I feel like we could get HC in the first round and could (not holding my breath) challenge the Clippers for the third seed.

I was really up on the Jazz last year but it sort of fell apart early. Unfortunately all of these predictions are subject to being devastated by injury. I'm a long time Jazz fan (as a secondary team) and recently enjoyed them helping the Warriors out :)

JAZZNC
08-26-2016, 01:06 PM
I was really up on the Jazz last year but it sort of fell apart early. Unfortunately all of these predictions are subject to being devastated by injury. I'm a long time Jazz fan (as a secondary team) and recently enjoyed them helping the Warriors out :)

Yeah being forced to start Neto/Burke doomed the season before it began. Kinda sad when ATLs 3rd string PG looks 10x better that what you were working with for over half the year! Then Gobert missed about a third of the season. He is my biggest worry. He has gotta stay healthy for us to do well as we have no capable C unless we slide Favors over and that's not ideal unless Lyles has really improved. Health is certainly one of the biggest keys to a successful season. I'm praying we get some health this year!

Oefarmy2005
08-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Hahaha, he's here. Have fun with this guy. For even more fun, visit the Laker forum (specifically the offseason thread) and check out his jumpshot lessons. To die for.

As far as the Lakers go, they are essentially at the same precipice the Timberwolves were at last year. I'll be jumping for joy if they can muster 30+ wins. That would provide some proof of concept, as it likely means that at least one of the children began showing some stones, and also that Luke is a legitimate coach. The Timberwolves went from 16 wins to 29, and now have a legitimate star in the making (KAT). Hopefully the Lakers can recreate the same scenario, and identify their own star.

Whoah! A Laker fan that is not delusional, that is truly something new. Don't let them change you. I know it will be tempting, but just stay the course.

McAllen Tx
08-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Sig bets don't pay out when the loser stops posting :)

Even better.

I have a high tolerance for (insert any word applicable here) posters but the problem is other non-Lakers fans lump all Lakers fans together. Its very rare someone says such and such the Lakers fan says this or that - they say Lakers fans say this. And they always find the most ignorant poster to quote. SMH

LaLa_Land
08-27-2016, 12:34 AM
Whoah! A Laker fan that is not delusional, that is truly something new. Don't let them change you. I know it will be tempting, but just stay the course.

It's been a rough few years, but McAllen Tx made a good point about the beauty of what Kupcake was able to do. He somehow used a paraplegic, blind, one-legged, one-armed Kobe Bryant to luck himself into D'Angelo Russell and Brandon Ingram. They weren't supposed to keep those protected picks. But here we are. A slew of young players representing an obvious core four, with a supposedly capable young coach. Regardless of the win/loss outcome, it'll be fun to watch again.

I also want to watch the Knicks play, just because it's finally a media spectacle again, it would have been even better if Wade ended up there. But Rose, Melo, Noah, Zinger? Come on, if they're healthy and you happen upon TNT or ESPN while they're playing, you have to tune in. It's like a group of outcast, wily old war veterans stumbling onto the battlefield for one last bloodbath. I think if they can stay off of stretchers, they'll play the darkhorse role effectively.

And Ben Simmons. That purposeful, borderline arrogant penchant for flair? He's a star with or without a jumpshot. If Saric is the real deal, and Embiid's massive self finally plays a game, that team will be wildly fun to watch. The things Simmons can do at that size from the point hasn't been seen since, well...I'll let you draw that conclusion.

If league pass comes in a three team package, those are my choices.

Scoots
08-27-2016, 01:22 AM
Even better.

I have a high tolerance for (insert any word applicable here) posters but the problem is other non-Lakers fans lump all Lakers fans together. Its very rare someone says such and such the Lakers fan says this or that - they say Lakers fans say this. And they always find the most ignorant poster to quote. SMH

You don't have to tell me! I'm stuck with the rep of the worst of Warriors fans ... and that's not a great group to be associated with the last couple years.

McAllen Tx
08-27-2016, 04:29 AM
You don't have to tell me! I'm stuck with the rep of the worst of Warriors fans ... and that's not a great group to be associated with the last couple years.
Me personally dont have any problems with fans of teams that have actually won the championship to gloat. And if fans want to pour it on thick oh well they can do it. If I dont like it I guess I should just go out and win me the championship.

Its the fans of teams that dont win a championship and hasnt won in decades and for some reason they want to gloat about anything is what irritates me.

Win something 1st. Other then the draft lottery lol

GiantsSwaGG
08-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Wolves will make the playoffs

Rocco007
08-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Young Lakers (Breakfast Club) Putting In That Work

Lakers D’Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, Larry Nance Jr, Ivica Zubac and Tarik Black have been putting in work with head strength and conditioning coach Tim DiFrancesco.

Dubbed the Breakfast Club for their early morning sessions in the weight room, the young Lakers are trying to make some noise in 2016-17.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/watch-breakfast-club-lakers-weight-room/#MYvYZpsl0qKO4dj1.99

https://youtu.be/fZ2ppTK_MSc

TheDish87
08-27-2016, 06:09 PM
yup only the lakers young players work hard in the off-season.

McAllen Tx
08-28-2016, 06:52 AM

Lakers D’Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, Larry Nance Jr, Ivica Zubac and Tarik Black have been putting in work with head strength and conditioning coach Tim DiFrancesco.

Dubbed the Breakfast Club for their early morning sessions in the weight room, the young Lakers are trying to make some noise in 2016-17.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/watch-breakfast-club-lakers-weight-room/#MYvYZpsl0qKO4dj1.99

What happened to the purple lettering?

Good find, thanks...

I love how our young core is taking the initiative to voluntaringly work out together. Its showing a bond, band of brothers so to speak. Us against the league.

Last season Russells baby fat was still very noticeable. He looked ripped in this video just a year later. Zubac definately needs to get stronger. His baby fat is still very noticeable. I hope he puts in the work in the weight room cause I have really high hopes for him.

Paging Anthony Brown, where is Anthony Brown... Hope he's not comfortable with his one year $1 million guaranteed contract and thinks he dont have to put in work. Theres gonna be guys gunning for his spot in TC.

IKnowHoops
08-28-2016, 01:10 PM
It's been a rough few years, but McAllen Tx made a good point about the beauty of what Kupcake was able to do. He somehow used a paraplegic, blind, one-legged, one-armed Kobe Bryant to luck himself into D'Angelo Russell and Brandon Ingram. They weren't supposed to keep those protected picks. But here we are. A slew of young players representing an obvious core four, with a supposedly capable young coach. Regardless of the win/loss outcome, it'll be fun to watch again.

I also want to watch the Knicks play, just because it's finally a media spectacle again, it would have been even better if Wade ended up there. But Rose, Melo, Noah, Zinger? Come on, if they're healthy and you happen upon TNT or ESPN while they're playing, you have to tune in. It's like a group of outcast, wily old war veterans stumbling onto the battlefield for one last bloodbath. I think if they can stay off of stretchers, they'll play the darkhorse role effectively.

And Ben Simmons. That purposeful, borderline arrogant penchant for flair? He's a star with or without a jumpshot. If Saric is the real deal, and Embiid's massive self finally plays a game, that team will be wildly fun to watch. The things Simmons can do at that size from the point hasn't been seen since, well...I'll let you draw that conclusion.

If league pass comes in a three team package, those are my choices.

100% agree about your Ben Simmon/76ers take

League pass does come in a 5 team package

FlashBolt
08-28-2016, 01:32 PM

Wow! Looks like they might win 20 games this season!

Rocco007
08-28-2016, 02:13 PM
What happened to the purple lettering?

Good find, thanks...

I love how our young core is taking the initiative to voluntaringly work out together. Its showing a bond, band of brothers so to speak. Us against the league.

Last season Russells baby fat was still very noticeable. He looked ripped in this video just a year later. Zubac definately needs to get stronger. His baby fat is still very noticeable. I hope he puts in the work in the weight room cause I have really high hopes for him.

Paging Anthony Brown, where is Anthony Brown... Hope he's not comfortable with his one year $1 million guaranteed contract and thinks he dont have to put in work. Theres gonna be guys gunning for his spot in TC.

Only my words are typed in special effects...Not articles being quoted...
I love how everyone thinks their players are working out religiously...
But yet no consistant vids...and our young guys put out new stuff every week...working together...
Mark my words...Lakers will own the Wolves this season...Here is a workout for Wiggins..about a month old...You will notice that it's actually a montage...he's wearing different uniforms in every clip...Notice how slow his step back pull up jumper is...in the article it's an encouraging sign for his outside shot...Dude you should be shooting from beyond the 3point line...try getting above 30pct...It's labeled ridiculous workout in year 3...lol...
You google Zach Lavine workouts and all you see is..Lavine working on his vertical jump....lol...what a joke...KAT ain't trying to workout with those clowns...

http://thespun.com/big-12/kansas/video-andrew-wiggins-posts-ridiculous-year-3-workout-video

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=zach+lavine+workout&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS623US623&q=zach+lavine+workout&gs_l=hp...0i7i30l5.0.0.1.428097...........0.IUI7rP iCey0

LoveCaliFan
08-28-2016, 03:31 PM
Only my words are typed in special effects...Not articles being quoted...
I love how everyone thinks their players are working out religiously...
But yet no consistant vids...and our young guys put out new stuff every week...working together...
Mark my words...Lakers will own the Wolves this season...Here is a workout for Wiggins..about a month old...You will notice that it's actually a montage...he's wearing different uniforms in every clip...Notice how slow his step back pull up jumper is...in the article it's an encouraging sign for his outside shot...Dude you should be shooting from beyond the 3point line...try getting above 30pct...It's labeled ridiculous workout in year 3...lol...
You google Zach Lavine workouts and all you see is..Lavine working on his verticle jump....lol...what a joke...KAT ain't trying to workout with those clowns...

http://thespun.com/big-12/kansas/video-andrew-wiggins-posts-ridiculous-year-3-workout-video

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=zach+lavine+workout&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS623US623&q=zach+lavine+workout&gs_l=hp...0i7i30l5.0.0.1.428097...........0.IUI7rP iCey0

lmao..

FlashBolt
08-28-2016, 04:26 PM
yep! With 16 championships. How many your team got? I'll wait........

They have zero.. just like how many I have.. and you have. Do you think you supporting them as a team makes you part of the team? I know that's what they want you to think but Kobe doesn't care about you.. and neither does Timofey Mosgov.

TheDish87
08-29-2016, 08:55 AM
how is this dude not banned yet?

TheDish87
08-29-2016, 09:40 AM
thanks for helping my point.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 09:45 AM
Ohhh! That movie? "Point of no return."

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 09:52 AM
"They were, who we thought they were!" Love that quote..lol

Scoots
08-29-2016, 09:58 AM

The Lakers have 16 titles? Really?

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 10:15 AM

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 10:18 AM

You gotta be playin right? lol

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 10:28 AM

why on earth does that matter? If anything, it makes you more unrealistic on what to expect. The Lakers are going to exceed expectations if they get to 30 wins this upcoming year. Is what it is..

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 10:33 AM
why on earth does that matter? If anything, it makes you more unrealistic on what to expect. The Lakers are going to exceed expectations if they get to 30 wins this upcoming year. Is what it is..

Plz, b4 commenting, go back and see why i said that. Thanks....

bklynny67
08-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Lakers have 0 chance at conference finals. What the hell is going on in this forum. Their goal should be 30 wins. That's a successful season.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 10:36 AM
Plz, b4 commenting, go back and see why i said that. Thanks....

you made a sig bet they would win 45+ dude. You are being delusional about your team.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 10:42 AM
30 wins is not exceeding expectations imo. The team and my expectations are higher. More like 45-55 wins. 3rd-5th seed for playoffs. I guarantee the team is thinking the same way. A few of our young core will play the part. You'll see. If i am wrong...but i'm good at this game of predicting, guessing or whatever.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 10:43 AM
you made a sig bet they would win 45+ dude. You are being delusional about your team.

yea, ok...

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 10:47 AM
30 wins is not exceeding expectations imo. The team and my expectations are higher. More like 45-55 wins. 3rd-5th seed for playoffs. I guarantee the team is thinking the same way. A few of our young core will play the part. You'll see. If i am wrong...but i'm good at this game of predicting, guessing or whatever.

please explain how on earth you are winning 45-55 games. I would love to hear it

tredigs
08-29-2016, 11:53 AM
LOL WHAT in the world are you talking about dude? You truly think the Lakers have a chance in hell at winning 55 games? They will not come remotely close to going .500, let alone be the outside contender you're implying here. This is the most delusional take I have seen on this forum in quite a while man. You're essentially saying they will battle the Spurs and Clippers for HCA. You have lost it.

tredigs
08-29-2016, 11:57 AM
If the preseason win total for the Lakers was set at 40 wins, I would legitimately liquidate all my assets in order to bet the under.

Hint: There is no world where the Lakers win total would be set at 40 wins.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 12:05 PM
LOL WHAT in the world are you talking about dude? You truly think the Lakers have a chance in hell at winning 55 games? They will not come remotely close to going .500, let alone be the outside contender you're implying here. This is the most delusional take I have seen on this forum in quite a while man. You're essentially saying they will battle the Spurs and Clippers for HCA. You have lost it.

No. You've been lost it for being judgemental.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 12:07 PM
If the preseason win total for the Lakers was set at 40 wins, I would legitimately liquidate all my assets in order to bet the under.

Hint: There is no world where the Lakers win total would be set at 40 wins.

I am seeing an average of 27 for the over/under

tredigs
08-29-2016, 12:10 PM
I am seeing an average of 27 for the over/under

Sounds about exactly where I would start feeling uncomfortable betting the under. But I really don't think they are a 30+ win team if we run the season 100 times. Range should be somewhere between 25-32 wins.

What? Lol.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 12:16 PM
Sounds about exactly where I would start feeling uncomfortable betting the under. But I really don't think they are a 30+ win team if we run the season 100 times. Range should be somewhere between 25-32 wins.

What? Lol.

easy question. Is this years Laker team better than last years Wolves team?

LaLa_Land
08-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Please Lord, don't let folks believe that every Laker fan is like this...

tredigs
08-29-2016, 12:22 PM
easy question. Is this years Laker team better than last years Wolves team?

They're right around that level, though they don't have anyone who is as good as Towns.

Him thinking a 17 win team has a legitimate shot at reaching 50+ wins after one season with no marquee additions is a level of homer I've never come across though.

bklynny67
08-29-2016, 12:26 PM

Not sure you are even speaking in complete sentences now. You have most certainly lost it. Lakers winning 55 games is laughable. Like, literally. Everyone reading your posts including other Laker fans are laughing.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Please Lord, don't let folks believe that every Laker fan is like this...

nah, while many are delusional to some extent (easy to be when your team has been successful for so long), there are always delusional fans. The Lakers just have a large number of fans, meaning their 10% of crazy homers is magnified compared to the 10% of Wolves homers for example.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 01:05 PM
wtf are you even talking about at this point?

tredigs
08-29-2016, 01:16 PM
@hawk I don't know, and I don't know who the person is who once laughed at a Sandusky joke he made so that he still thinks it's relevant or funny to use every other comment, but I want to punch them in the face. Can't be mad at CaliFan himself, the guy is clearly a straight-jacket case.

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2016, 01:19 PM
nah, while many are delusional to some extent (easy to be when your team has been successful for so long), there are always delusional fans. The Lakers just have a large number of fans, meaning their 10% of crazy homers is magnified compared to the 10% of Wolves homers for example.

BS Hawk. Name one crazy homer from the Wolves forum? Crazy, sure. Homers, maybe, but there definitely aren't any that are both.

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2016, 01:27 PM
HAHAHAHA! OMG. Go over what you just said again, plz.

Ok, guessing from this reply I was probably right on on the age thing. Seeing the heavy use of OMGs, I'd say it's a 12 year old girl.

This is what I am basically envisioning every time I read a post by you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-h9V-xLxI

tredigs
08-29-2016, 01:27 PM
But anyway, back in reality... I'm curious what Minny will get out of Kris Dunn out of the gate. Being that he's 22 and played 4 years of college ball, they're not getting a project piece like most rookies around the league. Definitely going to be watching a lot of Minny this season.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 01:31 PM
BS Hawk. Name one crazy homer from the Wolves forum? Crazy, sure. Homers, maybe, but there definitely aren't any that are both.

in the forum? Meh, nobody really. And in reality, it's difficult to create homers when you suck forever. Lakers have been the best sports franchise over the past 30 years probably, so no wonder some of their fans have undying faith in them..

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Man! SMH....

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
But anyway, back in reality... I'm curious what Minny will get out of Kris Dunn out of the gate. Being that he's 22 and played 4 years of college ball, they're not getting a project piece like most rookies around the league. Definitely going to be watching a lot of Minny this season.

It will take him at least a full year to adjust to the NBA pace. I expect a decent impact on the defensive end from him, but probably a ton of fouls and not a whole lot in the scoring/running the team department. Basically, the Wolves' improvement has to come from within, where Wiggins has to take the biggest step IMO.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 01:33 PM

I think he will contribute in the scoring/defense areas, but he is turnover prone, not the best shooter, and will probably start the season in foul trouble, he is very physically aggressive. Going from 35 to 82 games, plus travel, takes a toll on a lot of rookies too (Towns avoided this luckily).

At the very least, the backup PG spot is upgraded, and I think Dunn/Rubio can play together at times. The Towns/Wiggins/Lavine trio, and their improvement, are what leads the team though, and Rubio finally has stable roster pieces to lead.

tredigs
08-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Well that's too bad that Dunn probably won't be much of an impact guy out of the gate, that could have helped tremendously. Concerning Wiggins, I'm still not a big fan of his game, but I will say that he definitely turned a corner as the season progressed last year. His shooting was night and day, he became a legitimate floor spacer, and if that maintains it will help that offense big time.

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2016, 01:55 PM
Well that's too bad that Dunn probably won't be much of an impact guy out of the gate, that could have helped tremendously. Concerning Wiggins, I'm still not a big fan of his game, but I will say that he definitely turned a corner as the season progressed last year. His shooting was night and day, he became a legitimate floor spacer, and if that maintains it will help that offense big time.

I absolutely agree. He needs to improve his jump shot, specifically consistency and he needs to reassert himself on the defensive end, like he did his rookie year.

TheDish87
08-29-2016, 01:58 PM
this dude has a weird obsession with Sandusky, its creepy. How is he still not banned for asking people if they were raped for disagreeing with him?

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 01:59 PM

Regarding Wiggins, he also needs to have his defensive potential realized, which is why I am glab Thibs is here. He finished the season shooting strong from 3 (or at least absolutely acceptable going forward) at 39% from three. I would like to see some more contribution in rebounding and making plays for others as well, but he can be a very good scorer/defender.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 02:08 PM
I am sorry if I offended you, you are just acting like you are 12. So it must be the high school thing then.

Ha! Nope. Never offended. Especially when not true. Imposing!!!!

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Take the word Sandusky how you want. I've never said you all rape anyone. You all rape my posts and impose on others like Sandusky. That's what is meant. But imposer's never will stop. So i will not either. I can handle all disagreements, called dabating. But i will not tolerate disrespectful, imposing posts. I never disrespect others, unless disrespected.

Scoots
08-29-2016, 02:24 PM
I think he will contribute in the scoring/defense areas, but he is turnover prone, not the best shooter, and will probably start the season in foul trouble, he is very physically aggressive. Going from 35 to 82 games, plus travel, takes a toll on a lot of rookies too (Towns avoided this luckily).

At the very least, the backup PG spot is upgraded, and I think Dunn/Rubio can play together at times. The Towns/Wiggins/Lavine trio, and their improvement, are what leads the team though, and Rubio finally has stable roster pieces to lead.

IIRC Towns didn't avoid the fatigue ... he just came back from it quickly and with a vengeance :)

Scoots
08-29-2016, 02:25 PM
this dude has a weird obsession with Sandusky, its creepy. How is he still not banned for asking people if they were raped for disagreeing with him?

Also for suggesting that they are themselves rapists.

Scoots
08-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Regarding Wiggins, he also needs to have his defensive potential realized, which is why I am glab Thibs is here. He finished the season shooting strong from 3 (or at least absolutely acceptable going forward) at 39% from three. I would like to see some more contribution in rebounding and making plays for others as well, but he can be a very good scorer/defender.

Thibs is going to bust his *** no doubt. What I wonder is what the new offense will be, who will buy into it fully to start and who will resist.

My guess is Rubio, Dunn, Towns will be no problem at all ... LaVine I'm not sure about :)

One thing is certain, the Wolves are not lacking the veteran leadership many of the young teams lack.

Scoots
08-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Ha! Nope. Never offended. Especially when not true. Imposing!!!!

It's now "imposing" on you to apologize?

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 02:46 PM
It's now "imposing" on you to apologize?

You was trying to insult my intelligence i assumed?

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Also for suggesting that they are themselves rapists.

HA! Stop puttin words in my mouth. I've never said that.

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2016, 03:26 PM
HA! Stop puttin words in my mouth. I've never said that.

You were calling everyone and their mom, Sandusky, that's the same exact thing. Obviously you just don't get it, so I am done trying.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 03:33 PM
You were calling everyone and their mom, Sandusky, that's the same exact thing. Obviously you just don't get it, so I am done trying.

You're the one who's not understanding. I never call people Sandusky to say they are rapist. I say because you all are imposing your will on others, including me, on our post. So me saying 'Sandusky,' is saying you are raping my posts. Get it hombre?

FlashBolt
08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
How long until Minny becomes an elite defensive team with Thibs there? They certainly have the personnel.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2016, 03:42 PM
How long until Minny becomes an elite defensive team with Thibs there? They certainly have the personnel.

Well, we were bottom 5 last year. I would like to see a jump to top half of the league, and by 2017-18, a top 5-6 defense.

McAllen Tx
08-29-2016, 03:52 PM
how is this dude not banned yet?

Banned? Im wondering how is this guy free. How hasnt he been commited to a mental health institute.

Laws must be very lenient in WV.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 04:04 PM
Free! Ohh! I Said i'm free! 1 to the 2. 2 to the 3. 3 to the 4. Free! In my FAB voice. lol

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Come on to good ol West Virginia. The scenery is spectacular. lol. If you go to Orchard Manor in Charleston, Wv, i promise you will not wanna go home..lol

valade16
08-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Let's keep this thread on topic.

LoveCaliFan
08-29-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm up for this sig bet. Lakers will be most improved. Anyone else like to bet on it. I'll do the sig bets. I can take those bets if i lose. Lakers 45+ wins..

Scoots
08-29-2016, 04:20 PM
You was trying to insult my intelligence i assumed?

It wasn't even me ... someone said sorry to you and you said they were "imposing!!!"

Just confused with what is up with you.

Scoots
08-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Well, we were bottom 5 last year. I would like to see a jump to top half of the league, and by 2017-18, a top 5-6 defense.

It depends a lot on the offense they run. The guys on the team are built for speed, so an open flowing pace and space offense that maximizes their talents would probably be best, but it will also compromise their defense.

I see a big jump in D, but top 5 is REALLY hard to do with pace.