PDA

View Full Version : Predict your teams offensive and defensive ranking

Chronz
08-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Just seeing where fans think their teams made the most progression and most concessions. Feel free to suggest which teams you think will see a major fall or improvement from last years rankings.

Offensive rankings
GSW
OKC
SAS
CLE
TOR
LAC
POR
HOU
CHA
DAL
MIN
MIA
BOS
SAC
DET
NOH
UTA
ATL
WAS
DEN
ORL
MEM
IND
MIL
CHI
NYK
BKN
PHX
LAL
PHI

Defensive Rankings:
SAS
ATL
IND
GSW
BOS
LAC
MIA
UTAH
CHA
CLE
TOR
OKC
DET
WAS
CHI
DAL
ORL
NYK
MEM
POR
HOU
MIL
SAC
DEN
PHI
PHX
MIN
NOH
BKN
LAL

Hawkeye15
08-03-2016, 03:18 PM
I think the Wolves Off Rtg will land around #7-10, but their big climb will be on defense, where they go from #28, to #8-12.

I really think Thib's is about to unleash Wiggins potential on the defensive end, I can't think of many PG's I would want at the top of the Ice defense than Rubio, and Towns looks to take a step forward defensively as well. Dunn will struggle year 1 with foul trouble, he plays like a bull in a china shop at times, but the teams defense will get way better under Thib's.

ManningToTyree
08-03-2016, 03:38 PM
I think both the Knicks offense and defense will fall in the 10-15 range

Vee-Rex
08-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Assuming #fullhealth:

I think the Cavs will finish #1-2 in ORTG (largely depending on how well GS gels with KD), with #2 being most likely.

Last year, we had just acquired Channing Frye, Kyrie was still trying to find his rhythm after returning from that horrific knee injury, and Tyronn Lue had just taken over the team and was installing his concepts. Despite all of that, we still finished #2 in ORTG post-all star break.

We caught our rhythm in the playoffs and posted the 4th highest ORTG for a championship team in NBA playoff history (behind 1980s showtime Lakers teams and 13-14 Spurs).

If healthy, I think it'll continue into next season and our ORTG will be off the charts especially with the addition of another shooter in Dunleavy.

This year I think our defense will be slightly worse. We finished 10th but we were 12th post all-star break. We also lost Dellavedova (Mozgov sucked and had no impact whatsoever) to the Bucks and only have Mo Williams and rookie Kay Felder as backups at the PG position.

I do think we will blow out teams more (like we did in the 2014-15 season) but I can see us finishing anywhere from 13th-15th in DRTG. Hopefully the defense steps up again in the 16-17 playoffs like it has the previous two years.

mngopher35
08-03-2016, 03:43 PM
As hawk said the wolves should take a big jump forward defensively. Between adding thibs and the hopeful progression of towns/wiggins to pair with Rubio on that end we should have a good base and even lavine/dieng should improve at least a little.

Tony_Starks
08-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Lakers 2nd to last on offense? With Luke Walton pushing up tempo and ball movement, a bunch of young bucks running, and no Kobe to stop the ball?

Nah, not feeling that one chief.

Probably more like middle of the pack.

Vee-Rex
08-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Lakers 2nd to last on offense? With Luke Walton pushing up tempo and ball movement, a bunch of young bucks running, and no Kobe to stop the ball?

Nah, not feeling that one chief.

Probably more like middle of the pack.

He posted last year's rankings.

Tony_Starks
08-03-2016, 04:16 PM
He posted last year's rankings.

My bad.

5ass
08-03-2016, 04:25 PM
The Magic added Biyombo, Ibaka and Vogel. Gordon is going to get more minutes and I think he'll be an elite perimeter defender. I see them jumping to top 5 in DRTG. Vogel has probably never had this much defensive talent before. He should be able to make them elite defensively.

Offensively I think they'll stay around 20-22nd. The spacing is better, excellent offensive rebounding, they'll play with more tempo, but I'm not sure they have anyone that can get to the line. Gordon has potential to be that guy, but the kid is still only 20. They dont have elite go to scorers either, but Vucevic is pretty good. Fournier is an efficient scorer and he'll get more looks. Vogel isn't a very good offensive coach, but Payton is a good floor general.

So end result would be around 43 wins. The Pacers were 3rd in DRTG, and 23rd in ORTG last year. They won 45 games.

Chronz
08-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Does anyone think the return of Blake could bring forth a resurgence from the Clippers offense? Didn't they pace the league for like a good 2 or 3 years before he went down. I dont know but I think their primary offensive unit was the most productive of any considering its usage/efficiency.

BKLYNpigeon
08-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Warriors #1 on Offense - Top 5 defensively

Sadds The Gr8
08-05-2016, 12:02 AM
Raps: 6th offense - 13th defense.

xxplayerxx23
08-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Knicks -8th offensively 11th defensively

lol, please
08-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Warriors 1 ORTG 5 DRTG

IndyRealist
08-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Pacers will be somewhere in the middle 10 on offense, probably 14-18. Pace does not raise your off rating, efficiency does. And this is not an efficient team they've put together. I'm holding out hope that Thad Young is a dunking machine off PnR, but I'm going to be throwing things every time he takes a 20ft jumper.

Defensively they'll be 20-24. We lost 3 of our 4 best defenders and did not replace them with similarly minded guys. With the emphasis on tempo, guys will be taking defensive plays off to conserve energy. We have no shot blocker behind Myles Turner, who is going to get in a lot of foul trouble now that he's the primary rim protector and is going to be learning to post up as well.

dhopisthename
08-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Jazz were tied 7th defensively and ranked 17th offensively last year.

We are replacing neto, burke, and mack with Hill and Exum which should be a massive upgrade defensively. We also hope that favors and Gobert can play a full slate.
I think a raise to 1-5th defensively is likely.

Offensively we are replacing neto with Hill so hopefully we can hopefully get closer to 12th-15th offensively.

kdspurman
08-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Spurs Ortg- 4
Spurs Drtg- 5

Crackadalic
08-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Knicks

Ortg 18th
Drtg 13th

We were already 18tg drtg with probably the worst offensive/defensive starting guards in the NBA which in itself is amazing we even rank that high.

You add Lee and Noah being about = to Lopez(on defense)with another year of KP understanding the game more we should be up their. Can't speak for rose though

On offense we should be better but having 4 low % scorers isn't the best thing on the world. The only saving grace is the starting 5 fits like a glove so the overall % should be higher.

kdspurman
08-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Does anyone think the return of Blake could bring forth a resurgence from the Clippers offense? Didn't they pace the league for like a good 2 or 3 years before he went down. I dont know but I think their primary offensive unit was the most productive of any considering its usage/efficiency.

Logically, I would think so. But I guess we'll see. Their starting unit definitely was one of the more productive in the league at one point, I think the question was always the 2nd unit.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Lakers offensively somewhere in the mid to high teens 16-19th.

Defensively, in the lower half of the league 22-26th.

This upcoming season only, the following season we should improve significantly in both areas.

AllBall
08-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I think more than the players, the coaching changes will effect the style of play and thus the offensive and defensive ratings. So I'm looking at Houston, Minnesota, Lakers, etc. with coaching changes.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 10:02 PM

This upcoming season only, the following season we should improve significantly in both areas.
I agree with this, maybe even underselling the impact D'antoni is going to have.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 10:14 PM
I agree with this, maybe even underselling the impact D'antoni is going to have.

What?

LaLa_Land
08-05-2016, 10:32 PM

Tex, I hope they break the top-20 in team defense. That alone would provide some validation to the youth and new coach. It's also the key to surpassing 30 wins. I'd be beyond thrilled if they were 18th or 19th.

McAllen Tx
08-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Tex, I hope they break the top-20 in team defense. That alone would provide some validation to the youth and new coach. It's also the key to surpassing 30 wins. I'd be beyond thrilled if they were 18th or 19th.

IMO if the FO had wins in mind for this season they would've traded our young players and taken a different route in free agency.

Deng & Mozgov doesnt scream "We're trying to win" to me. It says we're gonna go full youth movement and got them some players to help them.

If Russell, JC, Randle, Nance, Ingram, Black & maybe even Zubac get the lions share of the minutes our defense is gonna be bad. But its normal cause of how young they are. Its very possible that our 3 best players are 19, 20 & 21 years old. JC is in there too.

We really are like an expansion team right now. Year 1 after Kobe. Offense and defense totally different. We finished 29th last season. Im good between 21-24th, anything lower then that and I'm thrilled.

lol, please
08-05-2016, 11:55 PM
What?

What I mean to say is, I think his system will have the Lakers finish with a better rating than you projected.

LaLa_Land
08-06-2016, 12:12 AM
What I mean to say is, I think his system will have the Lakers finish with a better rating than you projected.

Luke Walton is the Lakers' head coach, man. Mike D'Antoni is in Houston.