PDA

View Full Version : Rank All 30 NBA Teams, Best to Worst

DR_1
07-31-2016, 05:35 PM
I'll kick things off:

1) Golden State Warriors - Obvious

2) San Antonio Spurs - They get underrated every year. I think they give the Warriors a real challenge. I like the acquisition of Pau.

3) Cleveland Cavaliers - The last of the 3 elite teams and easily the best team in the Eastern Conference.

4) Los Angeles Clippers - On the bubble as a championship contender. Don't have the firepower to get there in my view but you never know, CP3, Blake, and DJ are one of the most talented trios in the league.

5) Boston Celtics - Great coach, depth top to bottom, and a great signing in Al Horford. This team is just starting to rise.

6) Memphis Grizzlies - They were good last season even with all the injuries. Add Chandler Parsons and the Grizz are back as one of the top teams in the Western Conference.

7) Portland Trail Blazers - A surprise last season who will only get better as a result of Lillard and the team's depth. Expect them to take full advantage of the Thunder losing KD this year and win the division.

8) Indiana Pacers - Paul George finally has a legit supporting cast. These guys are gonna be awesome to watch. Well done Larry Bird.

9) Atlanta Hawks - I love Dwight coming home. A perfect fit for this team, and I think he is the best possible fit next to their star Paul Milisap. I also expect Schroeder to be even better than Jeff Teague, I loved what I saw of him last season. A great starting five and a solid bench will make this team a challening out.

10) Toronto Raptors - Losing Biyombo hurts, but other than that most of the team is back. They will make another run, though not as deep since Boston and Indiana both made huge strides.

11) Oklahoma City Thunder - Russell Westbrook is going to be on a mission. They have a solid starting 5 and a really good coach in Billy Donovan. However, their lack of depth is very concerning.

12) Detroit Pistons - I love Andre Drummond. The guy is a monster. He is in my account the pound-for-pound best center in the NBA. Detroit also lost none of their core players. While they won't be able to breach that barrier around the top 5 in the Eastern Conference, they are on their way to doing so, and I expect another huge step in that direction this season.

13) Utah Jazz - Another team that had a very solid offseason. They finally have a point guard that fits their team in George Hill. Boris Diaw is an excellent pickup, and of course the 3 frontcourt monsters of Hayward, Favors, and Gobert will carry this team to the playoffs. I also think Rodney Hood is poised to make a jump as well.

14) Washington Wizards - I am really confused as to what they are trying to do - their big signing was Ian Mahinmi. Nevertheless, they bring back most of the core that got them far into the playoffs a year ago, with the additions of Markieff Morris and Mahinmi. Scott Brooks is also an upgrade at the head coach slot. I expect a return to form for the Wizards as Wall and Beal lead them to the playoffs.

15) Minnesota Timberwolves - Besides Golden State, they had probably the best offseason in the NBA. Bringing in Tom Thibodeau as head coach and team president was an amazing get - we all know how he developed Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Luol Deng, and Joakim Noah into stars in Chicago. Also getting the 3rd best player in the draft in Khris Dunn at pick 3 was a major coup. With Wiggins, LaVine, and KAT, this team will be a monstrous. I fear I am being conservative in having them behind Oklahoma City and Utah to be honest, but they are just so young. Can't wait to watch this squad play.

16) Dallas Mavericks - Missing out on the playoffs by the slimmest of margins are the Mavs. They had a solid offseason taking advantage of the chaos caused by KD and have put together a solid starting 5 of D-Will, Wes Matthews, Harrison Barnes, Dirk, and Andrew Bogut. Add a solid bench and you have a playoff-caliber team. I just fear that Dirk will not be able to stay healthy, and the backcourt worries me despite appearing solid on paper.

17) Milwaukee Bucks - This is the Greek Freak's team. He is my pick to MIP as he leads the Bucks to the playoffs in the east. Khris Middleton, Jabari Parker, and Greg Monroe round out a solid supporting cast. The real question is if head coach Jason Kidd will use Giannis at the point guard position, where he played so well last season.

18) Houston Rockets - This team is going to be hilarious. Eric Gordon, James Harden, Ryan Anderson, and Nene are all well-known for their defensive deficiencies, yet equally famous for their skill at putting points on the board. Add in Mike D'Antoni as head coach and I expect a lot of their games to be in the 120s - both in points scored and points allowed.

19) New York Knicks - On paper, this team looks great. They added Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee, and Brandon Jennings to the duo of Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzinhas. However, there are the health concerns of Rose and Noah, as well as questions about Melo's commitment. If this team can play together and stay healthy, I think they will take that final east playoff spot from Milwaukee. But that is a major "if." Too major for me, although being a huge fan of Rose and Noah I hope this experiment works out.

20) Orlando Magic - I like the moves they made this offseason. Their frontcourt is now 4-deep (Vucevic, Ibaka, Biyombo, and Gordon). I also liked the signing of Jeff Green, and keeping Peyton and Fournier were wise decisions. This team will struggle to score, but they have a good future ahead and could steal one of the last playoff spots in the east.

21) Chicago Bulls - Oh man. This offseason as a Bulls fan had my head in circles. First we trade Derrick Rose, saying we want to get younger and more athletic. But then we sign 2 aging star wingmen in their 30s who can't shoot. This team will be about the same as last season's in terms of talent, but the stronger Eastern Conference will make their record be worse than last season's.

22) Miami Heat - They clearly want to rebuild after losing Wade. Chris Bosh is the x-factor. If he is healthy, they are here. If he is not, they fall to 27.

23) Sacramento Kings - I am really confused what they are doing in Sacramento. They have some talented players in Gay, Afflalo, and Collison. WCS is also nice. But they really don't compliment DeMarcus Cousins all that well.

24) Phoenix Suns - I like the moves this team has made. Although they won't be good, I expect a decent improvement from last season with Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight leading the charge.

25) Charlotte Hornets - I think this team is due for a step down. For one, I think they overachieved last season, and they also lost key cogs Courtney Lee and Al Jefferson. At least Walker and Batum are still solid guys to build around.

26) New Orleans Pelicans - What happened to this team is dissapointing. A year ago I had them pegged as a shoe-in for the playoffs, but poor play and being hit by the injury bug killed this team. Now Anthony Davis is going to have literally put this team on his back if they want to make the playoffs. I think he will try and could pull it off if health breaks his way and the Pelicans make a trade or two before the deadline, but I have concerns about his health after his past injuries.

27) Los Angeles Lakers - I really like the hiring of Luke Walton. Bringing in Luol Deng to mentor the young core of Ingram, Russell, Randle, and Clarkson was also a good move. Things are headed up for the Lakers, although this better team comes with the downside of them losing a still-high first round pick unless they get a top 3 pick.

28) Denver Nuggets - I honestly don't think this team is terrible. There just is not enough talent to compete with the rest of the west. They have a lot of decent role players, but they lack that star player or even a glue guy to hold the team together.

29) Philadelphia 76ers - They are not last this year! That's a major step up for them. The young core of Simmons, Noel, and Okafor is going to be solid for years to come, but this year will definitely see some growing pains. The silver lining of that will be getting another high pick. The arrow is point up.

30) Brooklyn Nets - Brook Lopez is really good, and Jeremy Lin was a solid signing, but they literally do not have anyone else capable of making an impact in my opinion. And they owe their pick to the Celtics again. Poor Nets fans.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-31-2016, 05:57 PM
List looks good if this is for reg season play.

jerellh528
07-31-2016, 07:20 PM
Your list is deece. There's prolly a few that I disagree with, but not enough to argue. Not bad.

TylerSL
07-31-2016, 07:36 PM
30. Brooklyn
29. Phoenix
28. Philadelphia
27. Sacramento
26. Los Angeles Lakers
25. Milwaukee
24. New Orleans
23. Miami (without Bosh)
22. Denver
21. Orlando
20. Houston
19. Washington
18. Minnesota
17. Atlanta
16. Charlotte
15. Indiana
14. Dallas
13. Chicago
12. Utah
11. New York
10. Memphis
9. Detroit
8. Oklahoma City
7. Portland
6. Toronto
5. Boston
4. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio
2. Cleveland
1. Golden State

beasted86
07-31-2016, 08:08 PM
1. Gsw
2. Cle
3. Sas
4. Lac
5. Tor
6. Atl
7. Mem
8. Por
9. Okc
10. Ind
11. Det
12. Hou
13. Bos
14. Dal
15. Nyk
16. Mia
17. Was
18. Uth
19. Chi
20. Min
21. Orl
22. Mil
23. Den
24. Sac
25. Lal
26. Cha
27. Nop
28. Phx
29. Brk
30. Phi

JordansBulls
07-31-2016, 09:17 PM
1. Gsw
2. Chi
3. Sas
4. Lac
5. Cle
6. Nyk
7. Mem
8. Por
9. Tor
10. Ind
11. Det
12. Hou
13. Atl
14. Dal
15. Bos
16. Mia
17. Was
18. Uth
19. Nop
20. Min
21. Orl
22. Mil
23. Den
24. Sac
25. Lal
26. Cha
27. Okc
28. Phx
29. Brk
30. Phi

mightybosstone
08-01-2016, 12:15 AM
1. Gsw
2. Chi
3. Sas
4. Lac
5. Cle
6. Nyk
7. Mem
8. Por
9. Tor
10. Ind
11. Det
12. Hou
13. Atl
14. Dal
15. Bos
16. Mia
17. Was
18. Uth
19. Nop
20. Min
21. Orl
22. Mil
23. Den
24. Sac
25. Lal
26. Cha
27. Okc
28. Phx
29. Brk
30. Phi
You can't honestly believe this, can you? Like I hope the Rockets finish a Top 5 team next season, but I"m not so delusional that I think that's going to happen. And at least the players the Rockets added to their mediocre core this offseason actually made sense.

JordansBulls
08-01-2016, 12:24 AM
You can't honestly believe this, can you? Like I hope the Rockets finish a Top 5 team next season, but I"m not so delusional that I think that's going to happen. And at least the players the Rockets added to their mediocre core this offseason actually made sense.

Bulls can beat Cavs next season

DR_1
08-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Bulls can beat Cavs next season

How? We have no offense. Trust me I hate being down on the Bulls but I am not a fan of the moves we have made.