PDA

View Full Version : Judge denies Derrick Rose’s motion to dismiss sexual assault case

BKLYNpigeon
07-29-2016, 08:54 PM
Sucks to be Derrick Rose. These are some serious allegations and all of it is going to come out in court. I hope this is not true.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/07/29/derrick-rose-new-york-knicks-sexual-assault-case-trial

JordansBulls
07-29-2016, 09:21 PM
The original civil complaint accused Rose and two of his friends of rape, saying they broke into her Beverly Hills home and drugged her. Rose has denied the allegations and said he is confident he will be proven innocent.

Why the hell would he do this?

KnickNyKnick
07-29-2016, 10:51 PM
lol broke into her house.. yeah right.

cmellofan15
07-29-2016, 11:05 PM
It's ridiculous how long these cases drag on for.

Saddletramp
07-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Why the hell would he do this?

I have no idea if he did this or not but never underestimate how stupid a person can be.

BKLYNpigeon
07-29-2016, 11:37 PM
If it was that ridiculous, the Judge would have thrown out the case. If theres merit to a case it goes to trial.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Why would OJ kill his wife? Why would Jimmy Snuka kill his GF? In fact here.. A list of the dumbest sports criminals and then ask why these guys do this ****?

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/05/the-50-most-infamous-criminals-in-sports-history/plaxico-burress

Funny when I said how **** this all was when it came out and how people assumed she would drop it and yada yada yada or it would go away. Something happened... Most athletes are smart... Athletes when they are with their friends? All bets are off.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-29-2016, 11:41 PM
Lol if he's guilty..

DarkKnight
07-29-2016, 11:55 PM
So if he's innocent what happens to the apparent victim?

BKLYNpigeon
07-30-2016, 01:30 AM
Whats funny is, Draymond slapped a guy and he got endless pages of bashing.

Derrick Rose going on trial for a Gang Rape case. nobody cares.

beasted86
07-30-2016, 11:40 AM

Draymond admitted to it, there were witnesses to it. He was 100% guilty. Rose did not admit to anything, and there are no witnesses, and the details are sketchy at best. It's also sketchy that this is not a criminal trial and is only a pursuit of money from Rose.

Hopefully the court of public opinion will one day stop assuming guilt until real credible details are available.

Tony_Starks
07-30-2016, 11:45 AM
These unscrupulous women of promiscuous nature are not loyal.

The broad is lying.

BIG worm
07-30-2016, 12:41 PM

The broad is lying.

#rapeculture

Sofnr
07-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Draymond admitted to it, there were witnesses to it. He was 100% guilty. Rose did not admit to anything, and there are no witnesses, and the details are sketchy at best. It's also sketchy that this is not a criminal trial and is only a pursuit of money from Rose.

Hopefully the court of public opinion will one day stop assuming guilt until real credible details are available.

Well she seemingly has a witness to leaving the first place pretty ****ed up after refusing to have group sex with Rose and his buddies. That same witness came back to find atleast one of the guys at her place later. Nobody is denying they showed up at her place later and gangbanged her. The question is if she later gave consent or was in any position to do so. Who knows. It's not a good sign for him that the judge is letting it go to trial.

Rose is either completely despicable or he just continues to show what a total idiot he is. It's probably the latter. If you insist on forcing your girls to bang all of your friends then atleast you shouldn't refuse to pay for a sex toy. Which is his claim :)

IndyRealist
07-30-2016, 06:48 PM

The broad is lying.

She's promiscuous and that's bad, but he's promiscuous and it's normal. Unless he's hooking up with dudes there's a serious disconnect from reality there.

Tony_Starks
07-30-2016, 08:16 PM
She's promiscuous and that's bad, but he's promiscuous and it's normal. Unless he's hooking up with dudes there's a serious disconnect from reality there.

Welcome to the world, double standards exist.

She still can kick rocks.

IndyRealist
07-30-2016, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the world, double standards exist.

She still can kick rocks.

I mean, honor killings, date rape, and spousal abuse exist too. I choose not to participate in those, either.

Tony_Starks
07-30-2016, 09:36 PM
I mean, honor killings, date rape, and spousal abuse exist too. I choose not to participate in those, either.

That's good.

Not sure what that has to do with some chick trying to get paid with a pretty shaky allegation against Rose that may or may not be true tho...

McAllen Tx
07-30-2016, 09:46 PM

What 2 things should a guy never get caught in bed with?

A dead woman or a live man. Lol

Saddletramp
07-31-2016, 01:42 AM
Tony Starks here assumes the chick is lying based on absolutely nothing but that it's a woman that has accused a man of rape.

This is one of the least surprising developments in PSD history.

beasted86
07-31-2016, 03:50 PM
Well she seemingly has a witness to leaving the first place pretty ****ed up after refusing to have group sex with Rose and his buddies. That same witness came back to find atleast one of the guys at her place later. Nobody is denying they showed up at her place later and gangbanged her. The question is if she later gave consent or was in any position to do so. Who knows. It's not a good sign for him that the judge is letting it go to trial.

Rose is either completely despicable or he just continues to show what a total idiot he is. It's probably the latter. If you insist on forcing your girls to bang all of your friends then atleast you shouldn't refuse to pay for a sex toy. Which is his claim :)

Only thing I've read as an admission is that Rose did admit he had some relationship years ago, and 2 years later she has finally decided to allege a rape, but also doesn't see it fit for Rose to go to jail for the alleged crime.

Otherwise if it's not fair to assume a false accusation of the accuser based on her sexual promiscuity, neither is it right to condemn Rose on the same basis. I'm not calling either of them right, wrong, smart or stupid.

All I can say is details are sketchy and it looks bad that she's not pursuing criminal charges.

GoferKing_
07-31-2016, 06:31 PM

Well, then you were not here when the news came to light for the first time here.

Tony_Starks
08-01-2016, 12:46 AM
Tony Starks here assumes the chick is lying based on absolutely nothing but that it's a woman that has accused a man of rape.

This is one of the least surprising developments in PSD history.

Actually there are details of the case available for public consumption, her accusation is sketchy at best. Basically a disgruntled ex girlfriend that made a allegation years after they broke up.

But hey don't let me interrupt your narrative tho....

Saddletramp
08-01-2016, 03:24 AM
Actually there are details of the case available for public consumption, her accusation is sketchy at best. Basically a disgruntled ex girlfriend that made a allegation years after they broke up.

So it's a proven fact that she lied? Speaking of narratives.........

More-Than-Most
08-01-2016, 03:58 AM

Id give you a link on why it takes years for people to come forward but I am not sure if its allowed here... That being said her telling a lie about something else does not make this false... You have next to no facts and have already come to the conclusion she is telling lies because basketball star/Money so that Equates to cash grab... Woman wait years because they sit there ashamed and scared and because they think they would get prosecuted by people and media without any facts and people would auto assume she is telling lies based on just that logic that you have used all the while everything in her life is flaunted out there infront of her family and friends.... But you are right there is no reasoning for that and they need to just man up and come forward with how easy it clearly is.

Your idealism on this topic is the reason that most rape victims either never speak up or it takes them years to speak up esp if they are raped by powerful/popular/wealthy individuals and those powerful/popular/wealthy individuals understand this and know that because of who they are this person that they rape will be made out to be a lying whore trying to get some kind of cash grab because she was clearly just another groupy who latched on and its disgusting because then it will just be settled out of court for cash and its back to rinse/repeat.

Tony_Starks
08-01-2016, 09:20 AM
So it's a proven fact that she lied? Speaking of narratives.........

Proven fact? Absolutely not. That's my assumption based on the information I know. Just like apparently you're assuming he's at fault in some way.

Ever heard of the court of public opinion?

Ok cool so until it's legally settled that's all this is.

Tony_Starks
08-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Id give you a link on why it takes years for people to come forward but I am not sure if its allowed here... That being said her telling a lie about something else does not make this false... You have next to no facts and have already come to the conclusion she is telling lies because basketball star/Money so that Equates to cash grab... Woman wait years because they sit there ashamed and scared and because they think they would get prosecuted by people and media without any facts and people would auto assume she is telling lies based on just that logic that you have used all the while everything in her life is flaunted out there infront of her family and friends.... But you are right there is no reasoning for that and they need to just man up and come forward with how easy it clearly is.

Your idealism on this topic is the reason that most rape victims either never speak up or it takes them years to speak up esp if they are raped by powerful/popular/wealthy individuals and those powerful/popular/wealthy individuals understand this and know that because of who they are this person that they rape will be made out to be a lying whore trying to get some kind of cash grab because she was clearly just another groupy who latched on and its disgusting because then it will just be settled out of court for cash and its back to rinse/repeat.

Cool soapbox and thanks for the research. You're making a lot of assumptions and are literally putting words in my mouth tho so that's counterproductive to whatever point it is you're attempting to make.

You sound emotionally invested.

effen5
08-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Ah yes...rape culture where the woman is a liar or it's not the mans fault.

Personally, Derrick is the biggest idiot in the NBA, so if this happened to be true, it would not be shocking at all.

Saddletramp
08-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Proven fact? Absolutely not. That's my assumption based on the information I know. Just like apparently you're assuming he's at fault in some way.

Ever heard of the court of public opinion?

Ok cool so until it's legally settled that's all this is.

When did I ever say I thought he was at fault in anyway? There you go assuming again. And huh, your assumption is wrong on that so maybe it's wrong on the case.

Again, this is all not very surprising coming from you.

Tony_Starks
08-01-2016, 02:26 PM
When did I ever say I thought he was at fault in anyway? There you go assuming again. And huh, your assumption is wrong on that so maybe it's wrong on the case.

Again, this is all not very surprising coming from you.

Not very surprising? Lol

Whatever you say my man. Box me into whatever category you wish sir.