PDA

View Full Version : David Lee signs 2yr Vet. min. deal w/Spurs

kobe4thewinbang
07-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Per Woj/The Vertical
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spurs-sign-david-lee-224735283.html

Spurs showed him how he'd be used in their gameplan, backing up Gasol & Aldridge, took less money to win a ring.

I think it's a good signing. Thoughts? Left Mavs for rival, ha. Player option next year.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 10:00 PM
Whish he came back to the Town.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Dade County
07-28-2016, 11:39 PM
Only team thats going to be popping champagne bottles is GS.

HouRealCoach
07-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Wanted him in NYK... But he's in a great situation

lol, please
07-29-2016, 03:01 AM
DLee The White Chris Webber!!!! :cheer:

Was hoping he would come back to the Dubs, could use that double/double consistency, but the Spurs just got deeper. Should be interesting.

cmellofan15
07-29-2016, 03:26 AM
DLee The White Chris Webber!!!! :cheer:

Was hoping he would come back to the Dubs, could use that double/double consistency, but the Spurs just got deeper. Should be interesting.

Not even close to Webber

lol, please
07-29-2016, 03:58 AM
Not even close to Webber

It's what SHAQ called him. I say it out of affection.

That said, his game, his versatility and ability to finish with both hands and be a threat off the pick and pop, i'd say it's a good comparison.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-29-2016, 03:59 AM
Not even close to Webber
Agreed. But don't underrate DLee. Dude is dirk without the 3.

Heediot
07-29-2016, 07:07 AM
They need an interior defender. Larry Sanders would make that big man rotation pretty nice.

Edit: Hmm they signed Dedmon, so he might be serviceability for them defensively.

b@llhog24
07-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Not even close to Webber

He could be a poor man's (maybe homeless) Webber.

mrblisterdundee
07-30-2016, 12:20 AM
David Lee got left beyond the Wall by the Warriors. Why not join the White Walkers?

lol, please
07-30-2016, 01:48 AM
David Lee got left beyond the Wall by the Warriors. Why not join the White Walkers?
He won a ring with us boyo. He held it down for 5 years hear as a second option for Curry while Klay developed. Quality character and quality PF.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

TrueFan420
07-30-2016, 04:14 PM
It's gonna be weird seeing him as a Spur but I have nothing but respect for him and I'm glad he latched onto a very good team where he can play an important role. He handled going from being an All-Star and huge piece of the team to losing his spot to Draymond because of an injury. And subsequently took on not just a bench role but nearly nonexistent role with the side in the run up to our championship. On top of that demotion he still managed to continue to be a leader in our lockerroom and even paid to fly the whole team to Vegas to celebrate the championship. I wish him the best of luck with the Spurs.

cmellofan15
07-30-2016, 04:31 PM

LMAO if he's not even close to C-Webb then he can't hold Dirk's jock strap. we get it, he had a solid career. stop comparing him to all time greats.

Chronz
07-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Every team is salivating at the defensive slippage SAS keeps adding. Its going to take Pop and Kawhi's best work yet to get an elite defense out of a squad with so many liabilities.

Saddletramp
07-30-2016, 08:47 PM

Isn't he more like Kevin Love without the 3?

Clint Olbrock
07-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Every team is salivating at the defensive slippage SAS keeps adding. Its going to take Pop and Kawhi's best work yet to get an elite defense out of a squad with so many liabilities.
Yeah, their roster make-up doesn't really resemble a Spurs roster.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-30-2016, 09:23 PM
Isn't he more like Kevin Love without the 3?
Lol actually way better comparison.

kdspurman
07-30-2016, 10:44 PM

2nd unit was always a bit weak defensively, so this is not too bad.

The starting unit will suffer sans Duncan, but with Kawhi/Green and LMA who is surprising, its not too bad. I'm curious to see what Dedmon can do, and how much Simmons has improved defensively

Scoots
07-31-2016, 12:57 AM
2nd unit was always a bit weak defensively, so this is not too bad.

The starting unit will suffer sans Duncan, but with Kawhi/Green and LMA who is surprising, its not too bad. I'm curious to see what Dedmon can do, and how much Simmons has improved defensively

Warriors D will slip too. KD when engaged is an upgrade, but losing Bogut/Ezeli as rim protectors hurts ... the closest thing the Warriors have to replace them is the 30th pick in the draft Damian Jones. The Warriors were hoping to get Dedmon back but ...

lol, please
07-31-2016, 02:44 AM
It's gonna be weird seeing him as a Spur but I have nothing but respect for him and I'm glad he latched onto a very good team where he can play an important role. He handled going from being an All-Star and huge piece of the team to losing his spot to Draymond because of an injury. And subsequently took on not just a bench role but nearly nonexistent role with the side in the run up to our championship. On top of that demotion he still managed to continue to be a leader in our lockerroom and even paid to fly the whole team to Vegas to celebrate the championship. I wish him the best of luck with the Spurs.
:clap: :clap:

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

PurpleLynch
07-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Spurs will look awesome as always(Popovich is absolutely a genius),but they need some defensive players,now even more than before since they lost Duncan.