PDA

View Full Version : 12th Best Player in the NBA

Shammyguy3
07-27-2016, 07:20 PM
Here we go, kicking off #12. Remember, this is based on RIGHT NOW, not necessarily who was the best this past season, or who will be the best. It's a tricky debate, how much do you factor in the playoffs? Injuries? Team-fit? Etc. Here's what we have so far:

1. Lebron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Kawhi Leonard
6. Chris Paul
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Draymond Green
11. DeMarcus Cousins
12. ????

Chronz
07-27-2016, 07:37 PM
How about you people defend your stupid decisions?

ManRam
07-27-2016, 07:46 PM
I normally am annoyed by the "why isn't so-and-so" on the list because let's be real: there's always only a couple real options. BUT...I just popped open the ESPN RPM page and was kinda surprised to see Kevin Love ranking 10th in the entire NBA in RPM.

I'll preface this all by saying: "I don't really know where the right spot for Kevin Love is".

He had a rough playoffs, to say the least, but he's still a 16-10 guy, with a 19 PER, a top-10 RPM and a skill set that few can match. We know what he can do on a bad team (put up better numbers than the #11 guy on this list) and I think that matters. He isn't a great fit where he is and the transition hasn't been easy, but I don't know...I think we're kinda forgetting how good the guy is. I don't know where the right spot for him is, but he is still just 27. I think it's just weird to see some of the guys in the poll there...but not Kevin.

Anywhoo....

this one is tough. I'll be back!

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Going with Klay because I like him much much more than others do and think he would be succeed just about anywhere in any system unlike ahem someone else.

Who should go here? Probably Blake

Dade County
07-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Blake.

I know everyone loves Green, but trully a GM wouldnt pick him over Blake. Green is a versatile player for GS, but would he stand out more then Blake, on a bottom 3 team?

ewing
07-27-2016, 08:59 PM
still Dame

HOLD_THIS_L
07-27-2016, 09:30 PM
Irving.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2016, 09:53 PM
Klay, Kyrie, Blake in no order.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 11:41 PM
Klay, Kyrie, Blake in no order.

What argument does kyrie have over Lillard/LA/Butler? Legit asking because I dont see it

Mine would be Blake/LA/Butler/Lillard/Kyrie

LoveCaliFan
07-27-2016, 11:45 PM
Lillard. He got blazers to playoffs. Wasn't necessarily just him, but darn almost pulled a 05-06 Kobe by straight up willn his team to playoffs.

GREATNESS ONE
07-28-2016, 01:57 AM
Yup gotta add Lillard to that list too.

No order Kyrie, Klay, Blake, Lillard.

Think the next tier would start with Butler.

Chronz
07-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Blake.

I know everyone loves Green, but trully a GM wouldnt pick him over Blake. Green is a versatile player for GS, but would he stand out more then Blake, on a bottom 3 team?

Who knows but why is that more important than who does more for a championship contender. The Clips would probably be better off with DG than Blake but I would say they are on the same platform.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Kyrie Lillard than Klay

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Miltstar
07-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Demar Derozan

LivinLakers
07-28-2016, 12:38 PM
When looking at offense as well as defense, it has to be Klay here. I would have him over Green personally. He is def the second best player on that team and proved he could take the lead spot and win games when Steph was out.

Vee-Rex
07-28-2016, 12:40 PM
BG is the no-brainer IMO.

After that I might go with Klay.

Tony_Starks
07-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Kyrie easy.

jimm120
07-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Kyrie easy.

Don't let a good Finals skew the perception of Irving. He was good, but not great all season long. Add to that his bad defense and his below average passing and a lot adds up against him.

Great scorer that was simply "good" this year. Bad defense. Slightly below average passing. Not top 15.

Chronz
07-28-2016, 02:08 PM
Kyrie easy.
LOL. Not even close. Blake is EASILY the choice here and surprisingly a Cavs fan agrees. Unsurprisingly, a Bron hater disagrees. Your bias is showing bro

RB#20
07-28-2016, 03:43 PM
It's kind of a logjam between 12-18 where the two most deserving to get taken off the list would be Blake Griffin and Klay Thompson in whichever order. I think Klay should go first, but voted for Blake just so we can keep things moving. I don't think Draymond Green is ahead of either player but oh well. What's done is done.

Vee-Rex
07-28-2016, 04:04 PM
LOL. Not even close. Blake is EASILY the choice here and surprisingly a Cavs fan agrees. Unsurprisingly, a Bron hater disagrees. Your bias is showing bro

BG = Boobie Gibson. Come on, I'm only gonna choose a Cavs player/former-player.

:D

Tony_Starks
07-28-2016, 04:21 PM

So am I being asked to overlook Blakes injury season last year and also ignore Kyries playoff performance?

One is trending up while the other took a step back.

Btw even if it wasn't Kyrie it still wouldn't be Blake it would be Klay.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Blake

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Kyrie easy.

we shouldn't be talking about him for another 20 spots. Until he shows any consistent defense (he was the worst starting PG in the league possibly), and actually makes others better, he is simply a scorer.

JordansBulls
07-28-2016, 04:34 PM
we shouldn't be talking about him for another 20 spots. Until he shows any consistent defense (he was the worst starting PG in the league possibly), and actually makes others better, he is simply a scorer.

Dude locked up Steph Curry

JordansBulls
07-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Blake

How is it him when he got injured and didn't help his team win?

Chronz
07-28-2016, 04:41 PM
So am I being asked to overlook Blakes injury season last year and also ignore Kyries playoff performance?

One is trending up while the other took a step back.

Btw even if it wasn't Kyrie it still wouldn't be Blake it would be Klay.
Yes because since when do we discount a player in his prime because of an injury? Its not like he's on the descent here.

That he's Trending up didn't prevent us from recognizing several superior players that technically had inferior runs.

here's where you discredit things, klay had an awful finals. Why do you get to prop up a player who held his team back all rs and had the luxury of playing through his struggles without having to carry a team all rs because of a finals yet not punish klay for it?

Simply put. Are you expecting Blake to be injured again? Aren't we supposed to grade players mostly by their actual ability? Like imagine if Blake got to take the season off and only show up in the playoffs, you don't think he would have a better run than he would if he was forced to actually carry his team?

Chronz
07-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Lmfao. The agenda boys are coming

Chronz
07-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Can we get the other resident Cavs fan to chime in. I wanna see if the 2 of you disagree with the obvious bron hatets

Chronz
07-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Because few are dumb enough to ignore the vast sample size that shows he's a better player just because his injuries happened at a different point and his team misdiagnosed him. Imagine if Kryie wad forced to play winning ball all year, we saw that and he got injured too, only he was drastically less productive. Wake me up when Kyrie outplays the likes of lowry before getting to Blake.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 05:03 PM

no, he didn't. After game 3, he stopped embarrassing himself on that end, but that is about as much credit as I am giving him. Cleveland simply switched on everything, and Curry went ghost by himself. Seriously, you have Kevin "bigfoot" Love in front of you, all alone, and you don't go by him? Instead jacking up a 28 foot fadeaway? I guess Love "locked him up"...

Chronz
07-28-2016, 05:04 PM
You guys remember when Jason Terry had a great finals and a great rs to boot. How come we didn't rate him above Lebron after that? Oh right, because it's the ENTIRE picture that matters

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 05:05 PM

because this is supposed to be who we think is the best next season, and Blake has been the superior player by a lot, for some time now. I would expect Blake, and a number of other players, to be better than Kyrie this upcoming season.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 05:18 PM
You guys remember when Jason Terry had a great finals and a great rs to boot. How come we didn't rate him above Lebron after that? Oh right, because it's the ENTIRE picture that matters

wrong. A player automatically becomes better, or what they used to be (if it helps the agenda) if they play with LeBron. That way, the roster support argument tips in their favor, in their opinion.

Like, Kyrie had 3 games where a simple pick didn't take him out of the play, and 3 games where his guy performing a simple back cut wasn't wide open. Congrats, defender of the century.

LeBron haters try and pimp up his roster support, to make claims that LeBron had, in this case, the 12th best player in the game on his team. To this point, Kyrie has never sniffed being a top 15-20 player in the game.

It's the same thing as saying he had the best SG in the game in 2013, all because Wade was a few years prior. But, funny thing is, many of the same fans that claim that, fought tooth and nail over Wade not being the best SG in the game at that time.

It's just a pile of agenda. Each season is unique for a team, and a player. Why can't people understand that?

Vee-Rex
07-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Although I don't have Kyrie in my top 15 players, I do have him in my top 20-25. If the only thing a few people can blast him for is him having a really rough regular season (after missing 1/3 the season and coming off a FRACTURED KNEECAP) then I feel really good about it.

When Hawkeye tells me he doesn't view Kyrie as a top 50 player in the NBA right now and as possibly the worst starting PG in the league, it becomes apparent that the hate is real.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 05:36 PM
Although I don't have Kyrie in my top 15 players, I do have him in my top 20-25. If the only thing a few people can blast him for is him having a really rough regular season (after missing 1/3 the season and coming off a FRACTURED KNEECAP) then I feel really good about it.

When Hawkeye tells me he doesn't view Kyrie as a top 50 player in the NBA right now and as possibly the worst starting PG in the league, it becomes apparent that the hate is real.

worst starting PG? No. Worst defender amongst starting PG's the last couple of years? Yep. Top 25-30 player in the game the last 2 years? Nope.

It doesn't mean he can't get better. I think he will, but he won't jump 15 spots in my personal rankings in all likelihood, which is where he needs to jump to in order to be talked about here.

Same for Love. He WAS a top 10 player at one point. He isn't now.

Vee-Rex
07-28-2016, 05:52 PM
worst starting PG? No. Worst defender amongst starting PG's the last couple of years? Yep. Top 25-30 player in the game the last 2 years? Nope.

It doesn't mean he can't get better. I think he will, but he won't jump 15 spots in my personal rankings in all likelihood, which is where he needs to jump to in order to be talked about here.

Same for Love. He WAS a top 10 player at one point. He isn't now.

You keep throwing this kind of stuff around because you have an extreme bias against Kyrie. He is not the worst defender among starting PGs for the past year, two years, 3 years, or four.

I'd rather not hijack this thread but if you actually care to do a little research to back up your own assertions you'll see that you're wrong.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 05:57 PM
You keep throwing this kind of stuff around because you have an extreme bias against Kyrie. He is not the worst defender among starting PGs for the past year, two years, 3 years, or four.

I'd rather not hijack this thread but if you actually care to do a little research to back up your own assertions you'll see that you're wrong.

I don't really have a bias. I have told you, I don't see his PER, and scoring numbers, translate to real impact in the winning column. For any stat you can provide showing he does impact it positively, I can show you a stat that shows you he doesn't. His team doesn't play any better with him on the floor, than with him sitting. His RPM defensively is terrible.

The guy just hasn't been, up to the second half of the finals, a winning basketball player. But maybe that woke him up. Maybe he will care about defense, and develop a defensive stance that allows him to change direction when picks are coming or a quick cut comes. Maybe he will learn to move the ball quickly at times, instead of catch and survey, then dribble, dribble, dribble. He is 24. Plenty of time.

I just find it funny his name comes up with CP3, Westbrook, Curry, and the real top PG's, who are legit stars.

This last year, Conley or Lowry were clearly the tier above him. Will they be this year? I have no idea. They are in peak years, Irving is still growing.

Vee-Rex
07-28-2016, 06:15 PM
I don't really have a bias.

Lol but you do have a bias. You claimed you didn't like his "playground style" at all and you don't like him as a player.

His team doesn't play any better with him on the floor, than with him sitting.

These type of comments are dripping with your bias. He's a minus (in the regular season) with his DBPM but his BPM is a plus. You even said it yourself this past year:

"Does he make the Cavs better? Yes. Is he the ideal PG for their roster as constructed? No"

-Hawkeye

You claim his team doesn't play better with him on the floor, and you claim he's a net negative, yet you also said he makes the Cavs better back in March.

:confused:

No one sane enough claims that he's as good as CP3 or Westy or Curry, only that he's in the category of the Lillards and Lowrys and Conleys.

You have yet to provide a substantial argument as to why he isn't in that category, and instead spout off blatantly wrong "facts" about how he's the worst at this, worst at that.

You're all over the place with this Kyrie topic, Hawkeye.

I really suggest you evaluate it some more and leave the bias out of it in the future.

Tony_Starks
07-28-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm going to revert back to the same thing I said about Kyrie before the Playoffs when all the haters kept saying "he plays losing basketball.....won't show up when it matters....." blah blah blah.

Remember this conversation when it's over.

You guys act like he's Derrick Fisher or something, hit a few big shots but just a role player.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm going to revert back to the same thing I said about Kyrie before the Playoffs when all the haters kept saying "he plays losing basketball.....won't show up when it matters....." blah blah blah.

You guys act like he's Derrick Fisher or something, hit a few big shots but just a role player.

Except the only reason you were saying that is to knock lebron lol.. Its not you actually believing it

JordansBulls
07-28-2016, 09:36 PM
Except the only reason you were saying that is to knock lebron lol.. Its not you actually believing it

The dude averaged 27 ppg in the finals. Not to mention was the best player in the 1st round as well on the Cavs. Had a 24 PER for the playoffs as well. http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2016-nba-eastern-conference-first-round-pistons-vs-cavaliers.html and he had a Gamescore better than anyone on the Warriors in the finals.

Bigbadmoffo
07-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Dd

Chrisclover
07-28-2016, 11:00 PM
Blake.

Why not?
Because he is too short?

Chrisclover
07-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Lillard. He got blazers to playoffs. Wasn't necessarily just him, but darn almost pulled a 05-06 Kobe by straight up willn his team to playoffs.
Dude is so incredible. Everyone thought they were bound to be a lottery team yet they entered the playoffs in a competitive conference.

FlashBolt
07-29-2016, 12:04 AM
I'm taking Butler here. I think he's a better player to build around than Blake, tbh. I don't see how Klay is as great as some of you claim he is. He's a scorer and defender (because by default, his team puts him in a great position to do as such). He'll have trouble being the first option (below average rebounder/passer).

Heediot
07-29-2016, 07:06 AM
I feel, if your an all-star and play with Bron your stats go down, but if your a 3 point role player you do better playing next to Bron.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2016, 10:50 AM

You're right. His exceptional playoffs and historic Finals had nothing to do with it. Lol. Ease up with your Lebron conspiracies man, we know you're a loyal fan.

I been down with Kyrie since Uncle Drew sir. I, unlike the majority of PSD, am impressed with guys that can get buckets at will.

Your hero is too btw, that's why he came back in the first place.

Hawkeye15
07-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Lol but you do have a bias. You claimed you didn't like his "playground style" at all and you don't like him as a player.

These type of comments are dripping with your bias. He's a minus (in the regular season) with his DBPM but his BPM is a plus. You even said it yourself this past year:

"Does he make the Cavs better? Yes. Is he the ideal PG for their roster as constructed? No"

-Hawkeye

You claim his team doesn't play better with him on the floor, and you claim he's a net negative, yet you also said he makes the Cavs better back in March.

:confused:

No one sane enough claims that he's as good as CP3 or Westy or Curry, only that he's in the category of the Lillards and Lowrys and Conleys.

You have yet to provide a substantial argument as to why he isn't in that category, and instead spout off blatantly wrong "facts" about how he's the worst at this, worst at that.

You're all over the place with this Kyrie topic, Hawkeye.

I really suggest you evaluate it some more and leave the bias out of it in the future.

I already told you, any stat you provide showing his excellence, I can show you one leaning the other way.

I hate street ballers. That is what his game represents. Lot's of flash, and ooh's and ah's. He is a terrible defender, and basically gets you buckets. That is his game. He is good at what he does, but it doesn't translate to winning team basketball for the most part.

3 ****ing games he plays well, and he is all of a sudden a god here. Incredible.

Vee-Rex
07-29-2016, 11:19 AM
I already told you, any stat you provide showing his excellence, I can show you one leaning the other way.

I hate street ballers. That is what his game represents. Lot's of flash, and ooh's and ah's. He is a terrible defender, and basically gets you buckets. That is his game. He is good at what he does, but it doesn't translate to winning team basketball for the most part.

3 ****ing games he plays well, and he is all of a sudden a god here. Incredible.

Lol are you serious? 3 games? Hawkeye what is wrong with you, bruh?

It's pathetic seeing someone who is usually a decent poster get so groundless and illogical when discussing a particular player. I mean, you act like Kyrie slapped your mother or something.

As Mark Jackson would say, "YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"

How is anyone elevating him to a "god" just from claiming he's in the same category as Lillard/Lowry/Wall?

Now you say, "but it doesn't translate to winning team basketball for the most part."

You're backpedaling from ridiculous statements and contradictions you've made and seem completely unsure of yourself based on your wording.

Also, I'm tired of you talking about stats. If you're challenging me to provide more GOOD statistics for Kyrie than you can provide BAD then I'll obliterate you, but this thread isn't the place for that. Create a thread and you'll see me there. Otherwise you're the one who is spewing nonsense claiming he isn't a top 30 player, claiming he's the worse starting defensive PG (wrong on so many levels), claiming the Cavs are better w/o him on the court.

Chronz
07-29-2016, 06:11 PM

Interesting you mention him, remember when Fisher had the best playoff stretch of his career that one year he sat out most of the year with an injury?

Wake me up when Kyrie maintains his elite level of play for longer than one of my legendary beer farts because even if it were his baseline level from here on out, its still not touching Blake.

I will say tho, its kind of hard to play "losing" basketball when you have Bron leading the team to a 1 seed without you but Kyrie came damn close with how he played this particular RS.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2016, 07:43 PM
I just cant understand when one series in the playoffs--------------------->Everything else.

What are peoples thoughts on Lillard then? The dude was playing playoff games before the playoffs even started

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2016, 08:26 PM
Lillard. I don't have the advanced stats or metrics to support my argument. All i can say is he's a killer and arguably the most underappreciated player in the NBA.

ewing
07-29-2016, 08:57 PM
I just cant understand when one series in the playoffs--------------------->Everything else.

What are peoples thoughts on Lillard then? The dude was playing playoff games before the playoffs even started

He is clearly the best player on this board.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2016, 09:12 PM
If kyrie is a top 12 player then lillard should be top 3 because he doesnt have lebron james carrying his load no?

ewing
07-29-2016, 10:55 PM
If kyrie is a top 12 player then lillard should be top 3 because he doesnt have lebron james carrying his load no?

like i said, he is the best player on this board.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2016, 11:46 PM

I have no issues with it. I am just trying to figure out why kyrie jumps so far up having lebron but Lillard probably wont even be top 15... On top of this Lillard plays out west no? Doesnt that make him that much better in some of these peoples minds because he is going against top talent? I just hate how people pick and choose arguments for one player but then go a different route with other players... I have no issues with Kyrie outside of defense... He lit it up in the finals but the finals dont make someone jump ahead of players that have been better far longer... How is kyrie better than butler? a 2 way player might I add without a lebron james? Man I just dont see it. Id have Kyrie in the top 20 like I said when people asked after the finals but top 13? GTFO... But then again this is also a list where PG is top 8 but Blake/Lillard/Butler are all still on the board.

Chronz
07-30-2016, 12:51 AM

Hes also been a bad defender most of his career. Blake is no dpoy but hes better on both ends.

Heediot
07-30-2016, 06:11 AM
The problem with Kyrie is his consistency and motor. He doesn't always play his hardest. In the post-season he is more motivated and his play can be more urgent. When he wants to be IMO, he's easily top 10. Right now he needs more effort in the regular season for him to be higher vs. guys like Blake and Lillard. Dude is fearless and a shot maker when it matters most, that scores a lot of points in my book.

His style of play also turns people off, just like people have biases against Blake's style of play. They make ridiculous claims for Blake's overall game just because they don't like him. Some guys don't like Kyrie's iso ball, especially during sretches when he's cold and they catch him on tv. But one on one, he has an argument of giving himself the easiest looks, which is a skill in itself that people with certain preferences ignore.

People must also consider that when you used to getting the ball, playing with Bron changes your mentality and you may not be as engaged or at your psychological peak on that end because it's easy just to stand around and watch him operate. Most or nearly all the all-stars he plays with have their usage and stats lower playing with him. Just another reason for a guy like Kyrie who's focus isn't always there to be effected. I think Kyrie is a better as one of the best number 2's vs. being a number one. Or he can be a number one with a highly efficient number 2, just as is other high volume scorers like Kobe, Russ, Harden IMO.

ewing
07-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Hes also been a bad defender most of his career. Blake is no dpoy but hes better on both ends.

No he isn't. He is a scorer. that is it. Lillard is a primary ball handler that not only scores better and is better at getting timely baskets b/c he is better creating his own, he runs the show. He is clearly a better offensive player at the very least. Blake is also turn style on D.

Chronz
07-30-2016, 01:06 PM
No he isn't. He is a scorer. that is it. Lillard is a primary ball handler that not only scores better and is better at getting timely baskets b/c he is better creating his own, he runs the show. He is clearly a better offensive player at the very least. Blake is also turn style on D.

But hes not even a scorer, thats akin to saying LeBron is just a scorer. Hes the games best ball handling/playmaking big man and thats at a position thats hard to fill. Its kind of hard for Blake to be the primary ball handler when hes playing alongside one of the more ball dominant PG in the game and even then he still handles the rock more than any other bigman. Did you see what he did in the time without CP3 and how he upped his game in the playoffs? When has Lillard ever done something like that? Blake is actually a better playmaker than Lillard IMO so Im not seeing what you mean by runs the show. For a PG hes not that great at creating for others, at least not on the level Blake is given his position.

Regular season wise, Blake has accumulated more important accolades/award distinctions (like being a top MVP candidate) and has superior production. Then the playoffs come and this is what we see;

Blake Averaged 26-13-6 on high efficiency, in the upset of the Spurs he was at 24-13-7.4AST 2.8 STL+BLKS

Compared to Lillard, who got clamped down vs the Grizzlies, was inefficient in his series vs the champion Spurs and if not to an injury to Blake, would've gotten clamped down against the Clips as well.

I mean what can you point to that suggests hes a more proven player against top notch comp? Blake can be a turnstile defensively but in the playoffs he ups it quite abit before he tires out playing on such a shallow team.

Lillard attracts alot of attention but thats because hes easier to play that way, if you commit that much to Blake he dissects you with his passing. You simply cant lock him down with traps the way the Clips were doing when they were healthy, with Blake you need length in the post and even then he just he just switches to more screen/roll acttion.

ewing
07-30-2016, 04:10 PM
But hes not even a scorer, thats akin to saying LeBron is just a scorer. Hes the games best ball handling/playmaking big man and thats at a position thats hard to fill. Its kind of hard for Blake to be the primary ball handler when hes playing alongside one of the more ball dominant PG in the game and even then he still handles the rock more than any other bigman. Did you see what he did in the time without CP3 and how he upped his game in the playoffs? When has Lillard ever done something like that? Blake is actually a better playmaker than Lillard IMO so Im not seeing what you mean by runs the show. For a PG hes not that great at creating for others, at least not on the level Blake is given his position.

Regular season wise, Blake has accumulated more important accolades/award distinctions (like being a top MVP candidate) and has superior production. Then the playoffs come and this is what we see;

Blake Averaged 26-13-6 on high efficiency, in the upset of the Spurs he was at 24-13-7.4AST 2.8 STL+BLKS

Compared to Lillard, who got clamped down vs the Grizzlies, was inefficient in his series vs the champion Spurs and if not to an injury to Blake, would've gotten clamped down against the Clips as well.

I mean what can you point to that suggests hes a more proven player against top notch comp? Blake can be a turnstile defensively but in the playoffs he ups it quite abit before he tires out playing on such a shallow team.

Lillard attracts alot of attention but thats because hes easier to play that way, if you commit that much to Blake he dissects you with his passing. You simply cant lock him down with traps the way the Clips were doing when they were healthy, with Blake you need length in the post and even then he just he just switches to more screen/roll acttion.

Best ball handling/play making big at his position is like saying he has the best mid range lefty shy hook in the league. Nice but doesn't make him better then anyone. In this case its not even true. Bron is clearly the best ball handling play making big in the league and he is followed by Green and the Greek freak. So out of the maybe 5 or 6 guys that can play point forward as a big Blake is arguable 4th. I'd rather have Melo handling the ball for me full time as well. he is a scorer who does't play D.

Vee-Rex
07-30-2016, 04:25 PM

When Blake avg'ed 26/13/6 he missed some time that year, so he was probably more well rested than others in the playoffs. It's not much diff from Kyrie this year, and we both know that Kyrie missing some games to start the season is the only reason he had a tremendous playoff performance.

Blake's 14-15 games total including playoffs = 81
Kyrie's 15-16 games total including playoffs = 74

Chronz
07-30-2016, 07:15 PM
When Blake avg'ed 26/13/6 he missed some time that year, so he was probably more well rested than others in the playoffs. It's not much diff from Kyrie this year, and we both know that Kyrie missing some games to start the season is the only reason he had a tremendous playoff performance.

Blake's 14-15 games total including playoffs = 81
Kyrie's 15-16 games total including playoffs = 74

It was much different because he wasn't holding the team back and the Clips were beyond shallow. Blake actually had to carry the team in the RS and through playoff stretches without CP3, he did so admirably, dude was practically begging CP3 to come back because he was so gassed, I can only imagine if he were able to rest and pick his spots on a team that could win the conference without him.

Not that it needs to be said but it isn't his first rodeo as a big time playoff producer. His line the playoffs prior aren't much different and that was his top-3 MVP season IIRC so in terms of loads, its only Kyrie who has some proving to do.