PDA

View Full Version : Report: Kevin Durant Told Russell Westbrook He'd Re-Sign With Thunder

MTL_123
07-27-2016, 12:34 PM
The Oklahoma City Thunder hope to sign Russell Westbrook to a contract extension this summer following the departure of Kevin Durant.

Westbrook is being pressed to decide his future in 2016 instead of 2017 but he reportedly does not want to be traded this offseason.

"Three weeks ago, Kevin Durantís sitting there at dinner, telling him ďHey, Iím coming back, man. Donít worry about it.Ē And now, Russell Westbrook has been kind of thrown into this in having to decide his future a summer earlier than expected," said Royce Young.

Westbrook can go back into free agency in 2018 by signing an extension with a player option.

"In some ways, (Westbrook) feels personally betrayed," added Young about the departure of Durant.

"Kevin Durant, more so than even that, was telling people, ďHey, yeah, I mean Iím coming back.Ē Like I said in there, a week before Kevin Durant sat down in the Hamptons, he was in Oklahoma City ready to make an offer on a multi-million-dollar house. So, the guy was pretty serious about coming back, and then things turned rather quickly for him to leave. And thereís no doubt the organization has felt a little bit burned by this."

If Westbrook doesn't sign an extension, Young expects the Thunder to strongly consider trading him before the start of the season.

I hope this isnt true because if it is WOW :facepalm:

Tony_Starks
07-27-2016, 12:49 PM
In the words of the late great Rick James: Cold Bloooooooded!

cmellofan15
07-27-2016, 12:54 PM
is there a link to this?

Vee-Rex
07-27-2016, 12:58 PM
inb4 Dubs fans (and Bron haters) come in and defend Durant

HandsOnTheWheel
07-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Probably had something to do with Lebron.

MTL_123
07-27-2016, 01:16 PM
is there a link to this?

from real gm

Tony_Starks
07-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Are we really gonna gossip girl KD tho? Tmz KD?

mavwar53
07-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Blah, blah, blah. I'm sure at one point he told Russ this but talk is cheap and in no way has it effected Russ' contract situation, he's just on a team without KD that he was going to leave next year.

Cheap article looking for clicks.

BKLYNpigeon
07-27-2016, 01:34 PM
He told everyone he was going back to the Thunder before the meetings.

i guess he changed his mind :)

BKLYNpigeon
07-27-2016, 01:35 PM
why is this even a thread? lol.

McAllen Tx
07-27-2016, 01:48 PM
So he changed his mind, big deal. Not an issue. Wouldve been different if RW would've told him he was gonna stay and KD would've resigned long term thinking that and RW would've left.

Just shows they weren't as close as people thought for KD not even call Russ and let him know himself. Russ found out via internet like us lol

TrueFan420
07-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Wasn't there rumors that Westbrook told KD he wasn't sure if he'd return?

TrueFan420
07-27-2016, 02:16 PM
So he changed his mind, big deal. Not an issue. Wouldve been different if RW would've told him he was gonna stay and KD would've resigned long term thinking that and RW would've left.

Just shows they weren't as close as people thought for KD not even call Russ and let him know himself. Russ found out via internet like us lol

If I remember right I believe I read something a while back that said they weren't close and while they didn't have a bad relationship it was just merely a professional one.

valade16
07-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Blah, blah, blah. I'm sure at one point he told Russ this but talk is cheap and in no way has it effected Russ' contract situation, he's just on a team without KD that he was going to leave next year.

Cheap article looking for clicks.

Only if you're not a man of your word.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-27-2016, 02:33 PM
Yessir

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

HOLD_THIS_L
07-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Damn how long will PSD posters stay salty?

Saddletramp
07-27-2016, 02:36 PM
If true, it's another hit on this flake's record. What an embarrassment.

GoferKing_
07-27-2016, 02:42 PM
Dayum he is a ultra douche, if this is true.

jimm120
07-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Only if you're not a man of your word.

I think this is quite stupid. In mid-June, he was still thinking of staying with OKC. He went into Free agency thinking it'd be hard to leave OKC. He was convinced to change teams.

That's what Free Agency is supposed to be about.

Some go into FA knowing they're leaving. They are looking to leave the team because they dislike something that went down.

Some go into FA thinking, "why leave?" and it is up to the other teams to figure out a way to get him to come to their team.

Durant said he'd stay and probably was thinking that in mid-June. But GS seem to have had good persuasion. That's what teams are supposed to do in FA.

Scoots
07-27-2016, 03:00 PM
I find it funny and a little sad that people are entertained by hate.

europagnpilgrim
07-27-2016, 03:03 PM
This is about as big a deal when Kobe 'flirted' with the Clippers only to re up with the Lakers

Its like me the other week when I didn't want to smash this Amazon then a week later I decided what the hell, why not, amazing what changing the mind can do, she was the truth

cmellofan15
07-27-2016, 03:21 PM
just read an article about it on bleacher report (ehh).

if KD told Westbrook he was staying, then why not inform him when he changed his mind? I don't see how that would be in any way difficult when he already approached him once about the decision. it would be better if he didn't mention his decision to him at all, or didn't give him a for sure answer.

if what is being reported is true then we should lose respect for KD. I could care less about him joining the team that beat him, or trying to increase his chances of winning a ring. but lying to your teammate, who calls you a brother, is very low for him.

Saddletramp
07-27-2016, 03:40 PM
I find it funny and a little sad that people are entertained by hate.

I, for one, am not entertained by him showing his true flaky colors. I find it pretty sad myself that he made of fool out of me into thinking he was better than how he's turned out lately. It's not hate, it's just disappointment.

McAllen Tx
07-27-2016, 03:52 PM
If this is true then whats the big deal of KD leaving before him. I have no problem with KD changing his mind or him leaving, it's where he went that I have a problem with.

In the Lakers forum I predicted he was leaving to either the Clippers or Warriors. I just thought that it would be in a S/T for either BG or KT. I wouldn't of had a problem with either scenario but he chose to just join the already title favorites. That was weak.

Three best players in the world (LBJ, SC & KD) on the 3 best teams in the world (Cle, GS & OKC) and instead of going at it against one another he chose to join SC to go at it against LBJ. IMO he showed he's scared of LBJ. And Im not an LBJ fan.

TrueFan420
07-27-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm betting westbrooks camp is putting this out there so he doesn't look as bad for leaving next year.

Chronz
07-27-2016, 05:41 PM
Yeah can we just sticky a thread where we can post all the KD backlash **** cuz there is too much to make a thread for every other day. That said, this isn't surprising in the slightest. Bron didn't tell Wade he was leaving either but Wade said he had a feeling, like he knew it was over. From the sound of this report, maybe KD betrayed his word or maybe he and RWB weren't as close as he wants us to believe. Either way hes a snake. Bron was abit more transparent imo

Chronz
07-27-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm betting westbrooks camp is putting this out there so he doesn't look as bad for leaving next year.

How awesome would it be if KD and RWB become the next Barkley and Pippen.

Heediot
07-27-2016, 06:20 PM

Nick Collison was at the same dinner when they all got together before he bolted.

TrueFan420
07-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Nick Collison was at the same dinner when they all got together before he bolted.

So you're point... That's got nothing to do with Westbrooks camps motivations.

TrueFan420
07-27-2016, 06:33 PM
How awesome would it be if KD and RWB become the next Barkley and Pippen.

It would good to have a few more heated rivalries in the NBA. I think Westbrook actually ends up a clipper. Blake stays and Paul walks to NYC to play with Melo. Clips vs Dubs reheats up again like it was starting to be before our first championship.

Heediot
07-27-2016, 06:40 PM
So you're point... That's got nothing to do with Westbrooks camps motivations.

Why would he lie about what KD said if Collison was there?

BKLYNpigeon
07-27-2016, 07:11 PM
In 4 years, if KD goes back to OKC and wins a Championship, Will all of you forgive him?

Bostonjorge
07-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Westbrook told Durant he was leaving anyways so of course Durant changed his mind.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Westbrook told Durant he was leaving anyways so of course Durant changed his mind.

Except Durant has come out and said they never talked about If westy was staying or not so please keep trying to justify this crap.

Durant said he had not spoken to Westbrook, but he's sure he will at some point. He added that, before he left, the two of them never spoke about Westbrook's own future with the team. Westbrook is set to be an unrestricted free agent next July. All Durant wanted to say was that he wishes his former co-star the best.

Unless you believe Durant is telling Lies here which would make him a liar anyway right? Cant have it both ways son

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Same set of people in here trying to do damage control for their new found boy because ya know people cant be a fan of a team without being a complete homer :rolleyes:

Durant is top 4 player in the world... He is also a whiny backstabbing ***** who wants to be carried.. Id jerk off 3 monkeys and a hobo for my team to be in their situation and having a backstabbing coward of durants level but he is still just that... It really is that simple... You dont need to sit here and make him the next coming of jesus christ because he is now on said team or because he was your favorite player... It is what it is.

mavwar53
07-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Now is this factual truths or he said/she said?

TrueFan420
07-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Why would he lie about what KD said if Collison was there?

I'm not saying he is lying about what transpired. I'm sure he felt that way then and he's spoken about how the conversation Jerry West and Curry on top of his friendship with Green changed his mind about all of that. What I'm saying is I'm betting the whole thing is being released now to soften any potential blowback Westbrook might receive for when he leaves OKC. That's my point not that it's true or not.

Bostonjorge
07-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Except Durant has come out and said they never talked about If westy was staying or not so please keep trying to justify this crap.

Durant said he had not spoken to Westbrook, but he's sure he will at some point. He added that, before he left, the two of them never spoke about Westbrook's own future with the team. Westbrook is set to be an unrestricted free agent next July. All Durant wanted to say was that he wishes his former co-star the best.

Unless you believe Durant is telling Lies here which would make him a liar anyway right? Cant have it both ways son

If they never talked then how did he tell Westbrook he was staying?

tredigs
07-27-2016, 09:24 PM
You just created or C/P'd quotes (from who knows) and did not even cite your source or link to the article, OP. As is, this should not warrant a response from anyone who is not of the facebook addicted pokemon queen generation.

That said, I see and realize we have many of those here.

Heediot
07-27-2016, 09:29 PM
I'm not saying he is lying about what transpired. I'm sure he felt that way then and he's spoken about how the conversation Jerry West and Curry on top of his friendship with Green changed his mind about all of that. What I'm saying is I'm betting the whole thing is being released now to soften any potential blowback Westbrook might receive for when he leaves OKC. That's my point not that it's true or not.

Cool.

Tony_Starks
07-27-2016, 09:39 PM

He said/ she said.

I understand the climate of KD hate right now but taking secondhand gossip and running with it is a female trait.

Surprised so many fellas took the bait.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-27-2016, 10:46 PM
The guy who said it (Royce Young) backtracked big time.

Frank Hassle: Did Durant really tell Russ he was coming back? Or did you just misspeak on the @TrueHoopTV pod? You saying he lied to Russ? Ė Royce Young: Iím not sure what I said. What I meant is Westbrook believed Durant would come back after their meeting.
Ė via Twitter royceyoung

Take what you will of it.

tredigs
07-27-2016, 10:48 PM
Yeah can we just sticky a thread where we can post all the KD backlash **** cuz there is too much to make a thread for every other day. That said, this isn't surprising in the slightest. Bron didn't tell Wade he was leaving either but Wade said he had a feeling, like he knew it was over. From the sound of this report, maybe KD betrayed his word or maybe he and RWB weren't as close as he wants us to believe. Either way hes a snake. Bron was abit more transparent imo

Pikachu game must have been off the hook today braJ!

tredigs
07-27-2016, 11:05 PM
Insert: Everyone Shutting the F U and leaving without recourse.

As you were (see: catching Pokemon).

Scoots
07-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Royce young is a beat reporter, he has to suck up to OKC to keep working. Not surprised he overstepped a little in what he said ... now he's backtracking and saying he didn't mean KD said anything to Westbrook.

None of it matters. None of this changes anything, just like all the kvetching and complaining and story hunting made any difference in where LeBron played.

Scoots
07-27-2016, 11:15 PM
I misspoke in saying that Durant specifically told Westbrook he was coming back.

-Royce Young on his Twitter

HOLD_THIS_L
07-27-2016, 11:30 PM
You just created or C/P'd quotes (from who knows) and did not even cite your source or link to the article, OP. As is, this should not warrant a response from anyone who is not of the facebook addicted pokemon queen generation.

That said, I see and realize we have many of those here.
Keyboard warrior. You know Internet tuff guy. Loose with the fingers soft B**** in real life. You make real warrior fans look bad. The Sparklin of the main forum.

jerellh528
07-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Wtf it's KD's duty to inform a former teammate of his life/business decisions? Lol

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 11:36 PM
Keyboard warrior. You know Internet tuff guy. Loose with the fingers soft B**** in real life. You make real warrior fans look bad. The Sparklin of the main forum.

Better just to ignore him honestly. Its not worth the headache.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Wtf lol it's KD's duty to inform a teammate of his life/business decisions? Lol

Not at all. Durant doesnt owe the organization or westy anything... He played his heart out there period... The news was that he told westy he was coming back then went against it. Out of respect he could have given westy a heads up though but no one player owes another player or a franchise anything.... Its a business :shrug:

It is coming out that the report is not accurate though which was expected one way or another because this was he said/she said from the beginning on this one report

tredigs
07-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Enough.

The OP is quoting (apparently, though no citation) a beat reporter who was scared into admitting the lies of his own comments.

Believe what you want to, lemmings.

Saddletramp
07-27-2016, 11:51 PM
Tre's demanding things now (or at least he was before he edited his *****y post). And the op apparently put up the story, it just happened to be partly (wholly?) made up.

Oh, and
If true,......

Saddletramp
07-27-2016, 11:54 PM

Yeah, he's always seemed to be a fake internet tuff guy but ever since the Warriors jumped up to what they are today, it seems he feels justified in his tuffness. Just gotta get used to being called a kid who plays Pokemon and is a queen and other tuff gems like that.

tredigs
07-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah, he's always seemed to be a fake internet tuff guy but ever since the Warriors jumped up to what they are today, it seems he feels justified in his tuffness. Just gotta get used to being called a kid who plays Pokemon and is a queen and other tuff gems like that.

Or, just respect the idea that an OP posting threads defaming superstars should probably include a link. And also possibly respect the idea that people will likely make fun of those who take fake-quotes from said non-cited threads seriously.

If I do not call out and make fun of you idiots for being idiots, who will?

HandsOnTheWheel
07-28-2016, 12:06 AM
Or, just respect the idea that an OP posting threads defaming superstars should probably include a link. And also possibly respect the idea that people will likely make fun of those who take fake-quotes from said non-cited threads seriously.

You ok bro? Lol.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 12:09 AM

Why click on the thread? You have nothing better to do with one's life? Can't win an argument with the ol lady on here to take it out your frustration on here? Mythical creature go back to you're bridge! I'm here willing to acknowledge that what KD did was weak (so was Lebrons) but you, you just wanna argue. Please realize us real dubs fans from the Lol's and whatever this poster is. I can't tell to much PM'S-ing...

tredigs
07-28-2016, 12:10 AM
You ok bro? Lol.

Lol. Any of that go by you?

People who just start espousing BS about **** they have no idea what they are talking about has always annoyed me (especially when the genesis of it happens to be fake). Has little to do with this thread, and everything to do with how many of these threads operate.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 12:10 AM
You ok bro? Lol.
No he has no life. Must really suck.

tredigs
07-28-2016, 12:13 AM
Why click on the thread? You have nothing better to do with one's life? Can't win an argument with the ol lady on here to take it out your frustration on here? Mythical creature go back to you're bridge! I'm here willing to acknowledge that what KD did was weak (so was Lebrons) but you, you just wanna argue. Please realize us real dubs fans from the Lol's and whatever this poster is. I can't tell to much PM'S-ing...

Who in the **** are you?

"The Real Dubs Fans" Lol?

I have never seen your screen name in my life. I look forward to your undoubtedly amazing Warriors insight over the coming months.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2016, 12:14 AM
Lol. Any of that go by you?

People who just start espousing BS about **** they have no idea what they are talking about has always annoyed me (especially when the genesis of it happens to be fake). Has little to do with this thread, and everything to do with how many of these threads operate.

Please never reread any of your posts then or you might go insane good buddy.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2016, 12:16 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kevin-durant-apparently-told-russell-westbrook-he-was-returning-to-the-thunder-419391.html

Lol it was quite literally on the front page of PSD

Literally the first thing you see earlier when you click on PSD :shrug:

tredigs
07-28-2016, 12:18 AM
Please never reread any of your posts then or you might go insane good buddy.

:clap:

Good response.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2016, 12:20 AM
:clap:

Good response.

I have a few in me here and there... Very far inbetween though so dont expect another anytime soon lol

Saddletramp
07-28-2016, 12:21 AM

No doubt. But even if he supplied a link, it was misinformation. And calling people names and degrading (while it is sooooo you) is pretty lame and uncalled for.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2016, 12:22 AM
It was pretty much all speculation from the beginning and it wont be the last thing speculated about Durant before the season starts... He is public enemy number 1... Some things will be true and others will be ********.

Can this thread be deleted considering the news is on the front page of PSD? xD

tredigs
07-28-2016, 12:25 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kevin-durant-apparently-told-russell-westbrook-he-was-returning-to-the-thunder-419391.html

Lol it was quite literally on the front page of PSD

Literally the first thing you see earlier when you click on PSD :shrug:
And was that so hard? You found it, he should have linked it. If you think PSD's home page is a regular destination for most, think again.

Secondly, what did you even link to? The same TrueHoop pod from Royce Young that he later redacted his statements from? This OKC beat-writer Royce Young (whose articles I have read for years in following OKC) has been a mess lately over the KD departure.

The real revelation of this thread is that Royce Young is being eviscerated, and in so those here who buy into transparent bs.

It's refreshing.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2016, 12:31 AM
And was that so hard? You found it, he should have linked it. If you think PSD's home page is a regular destination for most, think again.

Secondly, what did you even link to? The same TrueHoop pod from Royce Young that he later redacted his statements from? This OKC beat-writer Royce Young (whose articles I have read for years in following OKC) has been a mess lately over the KD departure.

The real revelation of this thread is that Royce Young is being eviscerated, and in so those here who buy into transparent bs.

It's refreshing.

Lol yea I did assume everyone sees the same first page when they log on xD. That being said I assume most people wouldnt take all reports as Gosple right now... Its fun to debate but we will get so much **** until the season actually starts I wouldnt pay attention to half of it. I basically expected the same thing before I came in with the same people defending him which was my overall argument... Lets say for a minute this guy didnt take this back would it still be factual? He took it back so we know its ******** but if he didnt and stuck with the original story it still wouldnt have made it true... That is why its not worth right now getting pissed off about on either side because this wont be the first and it def wont be the last story fabricated or over blown with people just assuming.

Next week we will hear Durant ****ed Westbrooks wife or Westbrook ****ed durants mom.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2016, 12:35 AM
Lol this brings up an interesting thought though... This thread should clearly be closed but will PSD get that article off the front page or keep it with it now being known its complete ********? I am curious on how this works mostly Thomas where you at bro? I am 100 percent curious how this works now lol

xxplayerxx23
07-28-2016, 02:50 AM
Russ signs the ext KD and horford there right now. I don't buy this Royce is upset little girl lol. I got being upset and all but man be professional its your job.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 03:13 AM
Who in the **** are you?

"The Real Dubs Fans" Lol?

I have never seen your screen name in my life. I look forward to your undoubtedly amazing Warriors insight over the coming months.
I've been an avid reader on this site recently really got into posting. You're more annoying than styles!

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 03:16 AM
And who are you mildly obese boy!

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 03:16 AM
Ol PSD gangbanger

sammyvine
07-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Same set of people in here trying to do damage control for their new found boy because ya know people cant be a fan of a team without being a complete homer :rolleyes:

Durant is top 4 player in the world... He is also a whiny backstabbing ***** who wants to be carried.. Id jerk off 3 monkeys and a hobo for my team to be in their situation and having a backstabbing coward of durants level but he is still just that... It really is that simple... You dont need to sit here and make him the next coming of jesus christ because he is now on said team or because he was your favorite player... It is what it is.

For as bad as decision as it is for the fans, I can see why he left imo.
Westbrook for me isn't a particularly easy player to play with imo especially if you are a superstar as well. He shoots way too much and sometimes he plays hero ball and ignores his teammates. I know Curry is a ball dominant player as well but for me he is a mcin smarter player than Westbrook, and I think those two will gel really well.
I won't be surprised if a lot of players would hate player with Westbrook. The fact Durant left clearly states he didn't like playing with him or thinks he can win with him.

Scoots
07-28-2016, 10:57 AM
I've been an avid reader on this site recently really got into posting. You're more annoying than styles!

Ouch! ... though I can't really disagree. Stylez is really only annoying about his belief that anything other than 100% maximum effort all the time is tanking, and that no injuries are real (unless he sees the bone sticking out). Tre is just rude and arrogant whether he's right or not. Although both can be reasonable and valuable posters on good days. :)

Scoots
07-28-2016, 11:01 AM
For as bad as decision as it is for the fans, I can see why he left imo.
Westbrook for me isn't a particularly easy player to play with imo especially if you are a superstar as well. He shoots way too much and sometimes he plays hero ball and ignores his teammates. I know Curry is a ball dominant player as well but for me he is a mcin smarter player than Westbrook, and I think those two will gel really well.
I won't be surprised if a lot of players would hate player with Westbrook. The fact Durant left clearly states he didn't like playing with him or thinks he can win with him.

If Westbrook doesn't sign an extension shortly we'll see who is willing to pay what to get him. The Lakers really don't have to offer much to get him since they will have a free agent shot at him next year and they are not looking to win big right now. Other than the Lakers there is really only a few teams Westbrook might consider and who have the assets to go after him. I have a feeling OKC is going to get screwed on this Westbrook deal too ... if they trade him they won't get comparable value back, and if they don't trade him and don't sign him to a max extension then they are going to lose him for nothing next offseason.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 11:14 AM
Ouch! ... though I can't really disagree. Stylez is really only annoying about his belief that anything other than 100% maximum effort all the time is tanking, and that no injuries are real (unless he sees the bone sticking out). Tre is just rude and arrogant whether he's right or not. Although both can be reasonable and valuable posters on good days. :)
OK OK OK I used to really respect him. But as of late him and spanking are on the same level.

BKLYNpigeon
07-28-2016, 12:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/74520/espns-royce-young-clarifies-podcast-remark-on-durant-westbrook

Bad week for Royce Young. lol.

LA4life24/8
07-28-2016, 02:56 PM
This is about as big a deal when Kobe 'flirted' with the Clippers only to re up with the Lakers

Its like me the other week when I didn't want to smash this Amazon then a week later I decided what the hell, why not, amazing what changing the mind can do, she was the truth

I've been reading PSD for almost a decade and posting infrequently throughout that time and this is definitely one of the most golden comments I've ever read.

Vee-Rex
07-28-2016, 03:46 PM

I'd say he's buckling under the huge amount of hate that GS is receiving.

Just wait until the "Steph is leaving to sign with Charlotte" rumors/posts/trolling start filling up the forums.

Or, maybe Steph will put all that to rest by signing a max extension sooner rather than later.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 03:48 PM
I'd say he's buckling under the huge amount of hate that GS is receiving.

Just wait until the "Steph is leaving to sign with Charlotte" rumors/posts/trolling start filling up the forums.

Or, maybe Steph will put all that to rest by signing a max extension sooner rather than later.
I just wish he had a better upbringing. What man goes straight to insults?

Scoots
07-28-2016, 03:55 PM
I just wish he had a better upbringing. What man goes straight to insults?

That's where you've gone wrong.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 03:57 PM
That's where you've gone wrong.
Tre is a female!!! If true I'll let her be. I've never won an argument with my wife in the bedroom. Doubt I'll beat a women in a debate on PSD!!

Saddletramp
07-28-2016, 04:01 PM
Wait, tre is a woman? I thought he was a half Middle Eastern dude? Something real creepy about a grown *** woman calling strangers "kid" and "child".

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Wait, tre is a woman? I thought he was a half Middle Eastern dude? Something real creepy about a grown *** woman calling strangers "kid" and "child".
IT ALL MAKES SENSE LOL. SHE WINS.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 04:03 PM
You thought *SHE

Vee-Rex
07-28-2016, 04:09 PM
IT ALL MAKES SENSE LOL. SHE WINS.

... could it be Ayesha Curry?

:speechless:

#mindblown

GoferKing_
07-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Who is this "tre"??

HOLD_THIS_L
07-28-2016, 04:48 PM

It's refreshing.
This is tre.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2016, 05:00 PM
He said/ she said.

I understand the climate of KD hate right now but taking secondhand gossip and running with it is a female trait.
Surprised so many fellas took the bait.

you have clearly never been around truck drivers, plant operators, or boat captains haha

smith&wesson
07-28-2016, 05:58 PM
He went to the meetings. If he had his mind made up he wouldn't have explored his options kinda like Derozan

Tony_Starks
07-28-2016, 06:11 PM
you have clearly never been around truck drivers, plant operators, or boat captains haha

OR Barbers! Lol

Saddletramp
07-28-2016, 06:15 PM

Tredigs didn't say anything. Why are you bringing her up?

likemystylez
07-28-2016, 09:30 PM
Royce young is a beat reporter, he has to suck up to OKC to keep working. Not surprised he overstepped a little in what he said ... now he's backtracking and saying he didn't mean KD said anything to Westbrook.

None of it matters. None of this changes anything, just like all the kvetching and complaining and story hunting made any difference in where LeBron played.

yeah, im seeing reports that he didnt mean it to be taken literally, and im trying to understand how an article titled Durant told westbrook he was going to resign with the thunder could be interpreted any way but literally.

LOL the article even broke down the time and place when this "promise" was made.

Now grated I think its BS- LOL if he was promising he was gonna stay in okc- what was the point of wasting his 4th of july weekend looking at other teams?

I also dont understand the notion that KD shocked the nba or the thunder by doing this. He was meeting with teams about potentially signing with them- and he signed with one of the teams he met with. It might not have been the most likely anticipated scenario- but it was obviously on the table and a clear possibility. Definitely not "shocking" IMO

lol, please
07-29-2016, 04:02 AM
yea, let's take shots at tredigs because we have no more stones to throw at Durant and we are out of straw. Makes sense.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in reality, most of us know that these kinds of stories are meant to create drama, and that you can't take any of this at face value. Durant was going to do what he felt was best for himself and his career, and he took some good money to play for a contender.

Last I checked, they don't give championships away. Games have to be played. Let's stop acting like a FA has never chosen a good team before.

Like Bob Fitzgerald said, this has been happening since the inception of the league, literally.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-29-2016, 04:04 AM
yea, let's take shots at tredigs because we have no more stones to throw at Durant and we are out of straw. Makes sense.

Meanwhile, in reality, most of us know that these kinds of stories are meant to create drama, and that you can't take any of this at face value. Durant was going to do what he felt was best for himself and his career, and he took some good money to play for a contender.

Last I checked, they don't give championships away. Games have to be played. Let's stop acting like a FA has never chosen a good team before.

Like Bob Fitzgerald said, this has been happening since the inception of the league, literally.
We didn't know tre was a female. We forgive her rants now.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2016, 04:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

You sure bout dat?

Saddletramp
07-29-2016, 05:14 AM

Tom Chambers was the first free agent and he was born a decade after the first NBA season.
You are embarrassingly wrong. Again.

Literally.

KingJudah
07-29-2016, 02:04 PM

Males probably gossip more than women now days. The days of a masculine manly man are long gone.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2016, 02:17 PM
FYI for any who fell for it
-------------------

ďItís false,Ē Durant told The Vertical on Thursday. ďI didnít say that Ė words about me telling Russell or Nick that I would stay or leave never came out of my mouth. We met as teammates, but no promises came out of it. In this day and age, I canít control anything people claim out there. Someone can go out and say something random right now, and people will believe it. I never told Russell or Nick [Collison], ĎAll right, guys, Iím coming back to the Thunderí Ė and then a week later, I decide not to. Never happened. I donít operate like that. I heard people say that story, but itís not the truth.Ē Ė via Yahoo! Sports

Scoots
07-29-2016, 02:32 PM
Tom Chambers was the first free agent and he was born a decade after the first NBA season.

Literally.

Yup. :facepalm:

SfgiantsJD3
07-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Males probably gossip more than women now days. The days of a masculine manly man are long gone.

Males don't gossip, we shoot the s h

Saddletramp
07-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Yup. :facepalm:

Sad thing is, he won't admit to being wrong . Funny thing is is that he's getting on to people about fake stories from writers but is spreading some writer's (?) totally inaccurate fact. Another sad thing is we're all replying to an apparent adult with the name of lol, please who routinely posts contradictory or factually wrong statements and we still have to call him out.

Hornsby was right. That's just the way it is, some things will never change.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-29-2016, 03:38 PM
FYI for any who fell for it
-------------------

ďItís false,Ē Durant told The Vertical on Thursday. ďI didnít say that Ė words about me telling Russell or Nick that I would stay or leave never came out of my mouth. We met as teammates, but no promises came out of it. In this day and age, I canít control anything people claim out there. Someone can go out and say something random right now, and people will believe it. I never told Russell or Nick [Collison], ĎAll right, guys, Iím coming back to the Thunderí Ė and then a week later, I decide not to. Never happened. I donít operate like that. I heard people say that story, but itís not the truth.Ē Ė via Yahoo! Sports

Durant needs to just STFU. Quit playing that fake tough guy card. Like you've pissed enough people off already, just keep your mouth shut and earn what little respect people have for you man.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Durant needs to just STFU. Quit playing that fake tough guy card. Like you've pissed enough people off already, just keep your mouth shut and earn what little respect people have for you man.

I don't understand the aggression.

There was a lie being spread about him, was he not supposed to correct it?

HandsOnTheWheel
07-29-2016, 03:52 PM
I don't understand the aggression.

There was a lie being spread about him, was he not supposed to correct it?

It seems like he's trying to add on to his new "villain" image everytime he opens his mouth. I respected him a lot more as a humble kid than a douchebag. It's all publicity though, positive or not and that's what he's after.

Scoots
07-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Sad thing is, he won't admit to being wrong . Funny thing is is that he's getting on to people about fake stories from writers but is spreading some writer's (?) totally inaccurate fact. Another sad thing is we're all replying to an apparent adult with the name of lol, please who routinely posts contradictory or factually wrong statements and we still have to call him out.

Hornsby was right. That's just the way it is, some things will never change.

We are as much to blame as them that we still are dealing with this stuff. When my 11 year old messes with my 9 year old I tell my 9 year old not to get upset and just ignore her and she'll stop. I give the advice but can't keep from responding myself at least some of the time.

If we all just stopped responded AT ALL to the really stupid posts maybe they'd stop?

HOLD_THIS_L
07-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Is tre a woman r nah?

lol, please
07-30-2016, 02:02 AM

Literally.
Ok...I stand corrected. Not literally. But still essentially since the beginning, especially in the context of the lifespan of the league. The point is, this is not the first time, and people need to stop reacting like it is.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

Saddletramp
07-30-2016, 05:47 AM
Ok...I stand corrected. Not literally. But still essentially since the beginning, especially in the context of the lifespan of the league. The point is, this is not the first time, and people need to stop reacting like it is.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

You're still wrong. Guys couldn't leave their teams unless they sucked and weren't wanted. They could sometimes force trades but they couldn't freely move to wherever they wanted.

And of course it's not the first time a player moved around. But it's the first time a top 3 joined a top 2 surrounded by a few other top 15s (at least) that just got the win record.

What kind of response is this? Unprecedented pussification indeed.

Saddletramp
07-30-2016, 05:48 AM
We are as much to blame as them that we still are dealing with this stuff. When my 11 year old messes with my 9 year old I tell my 9 year old not to get upset and just ignore her and she'll stop. I give the advice but can't keep from responding myself at least some of the time.

If we all just stopped responded AT ALL to the really stupid posts maybe they'd stop?

Yeah, I know but right now I'm hammered and don't want to let Mr. No Idea over here keep talking nonsense. This guy is just baffling.