18.9 ppg/7.8rpg/1.2apg/1.2bpr
PER36: 21.9/9.1/1.4/1.4

Discuss.

believeinNYK
07-26-2016, 06:19 PM
He actually has a legit chance considering how lenient the nba hall of fame is

TrueFan420
07-26-2016, 06:47 PM
No for me he isn't a HOFer. And he doesn't have a college career or much of an international career (1 bronze olympic and 1 gold America championship) to give him a boost.

Scoots
07-26-2016, 07:14 PM
No

Kush McDaniels
07-26-2016, 07:22 PM
he was such a beast on those Phoenix teams

SiteWolf
07-26-2016, 07:22 PM
no way.....but certainly a shoo in for the Hall of Pretty Good

not nearly enough years at or near elite

Big Zo
07-26-2016, 08:02 PM
Basketball HOF lets the peanut vendors at the arena get inducted, so yes.

JasonJohnHorn
07-26-2016, 11:12 PM
I'd vote yes, primarily because he was such a dominant and versatile offensive player when healthy and young. The injuries caught up with him and tore him down fast, but I remember watching him play in Phoenix. Off the pick and roll. Spotting up. Creating off the dribble facing the basket. Posting up. That guy could attack you anyway he wanted He had an offensive skill set you don't see in very many big men.

I feel like the move to NY was bad. NY just has a way of turning great players into $#!T, or at least All-Stars into has-beens. At least since the 90's.

rhino17
07-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Some of you aren't giving him enough credit. He's not an obvious selection, but he shouldn't be dismissed so lightly. He was arguably a top 3 center in the NBA for close to a decade.

Sly Guy
07-27-2016, 12:11 AM
benny the bull over amare

JordansBulls
07-27-2016, 12:19 AM
If Kemp and Penny and Timmy Hardaway aren't in than neither should Amare.

dhopisthename
07-27-2016, 12:41 AM
If Kemp and Penny and Timmy Hardaway aren't in than neither should Amare.

Shawn Kemp is an interesting comp. both scored 15000 points, both had their careers fall off over 30, both were good scorers with defensive issues.

some differences is that amare has 5 all nba awards while kemp has 3. Stoudemire had higher peaks and lower lows(aka he missed entire seasons), and amare had knee issues while kemp had drug issues which I bet voters are far more forgiving for. Plus amare has the whole New York thing.

allSUAVE
07-27-2016, 01:02 AM
Without Question

Blink
07-27-2016, 01:20 AM
That Phoenix team was so damn fun to watch.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2016, 09:37 AM
he will be an interesting case. I say no

Tony_Starks
07-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Ultimately I say no.

TheDish87
07-27-2016, 09:53 AM
far from HOF.

PhillyFaninLA
07-27-2016, 09:58 AM
He actually has a legit chance considering how lenient the nba hall of fame is

There is no NBA Hall of Fame, its the basketball hall of fame, so high school, college, olympics, international, etc...are all in consideration for HOF.

With that said, I personally wouldn't vote for him but if he got in I wouldn't complain about it. He was very good but not upper echelon and he didn't make other players better. He did his thing and didn't really change the game, at least not in the games I saw him play, no even in Phoenix.

mudvayne387
07-27-2016, 10:46 AM
Basketball Reference gives him a 73% chance of making the Hall of Fame.

Here is where he ranks (all time) in some key stats

106th in points
138th in rebounds
29th in FG%
62nd in FTA
78th in blocks
34th in PER
23rd in TSP

Truthfully I would say he is right on the cusp of making it. One or two more healthy years and it would have been a no brainer.

Question is, if Chris Bosh never plays another NBA game is he a hall of famer ?

TheDish87
07-27-2016, 11:31 AM
There is no NBA Hall of Fame, its the basketball hall of fame, so high school, college, olympics, international, etc...are all in consideration for HOF.

With that said, I personally wouldn't vote for him but if he got in I wouldn't complain about it. He was very good but not upper echelon and he didn't make other players better. He did his thing and didn't really change the game, at least not in the games I saw him play, no even in Phoenix.

are you sure HS is taken into consideration for the HOF? i dont think so

ManRam
07-27-2016, 11:58 AM
I think he will. But personally, he's right about where my personal cutoff is.

mavwar53
07-27-2016, 12:00 PM
I'd say no, he fell off too early but I could see his peak getting him in. I just see the failure to win a championship along with the lack of longevity keeps him out.

PhillyFaninLA
07-27-2016, 12:22 PM
are you sure HS is taken into consideration for the HOF? i dont think so

I'm but it is supposed to take into account all types of basketball

Chronz
07-27-2016, 12:36 PM
I think he should make it, Im of the mindset that if you are one of the games best players for a decent strertch of years 6 or so, thats enough to get in. Maybe it should be 10 years to weed out some guys

PowerHouse
07-27-2016, 02:15 PM
His NBA career was above average by a fair margin but nothing fantastic. And he has nothing on his college or international play resumes, no gold medals. Although he was on that famously bad 2004 Olympic bronze medal team. The answer is hell no.

YAALREADYKNO
07-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Wouldn't have a problem with him getting in. Him Nash were nasty together in Phoenix.

Steve Nash
Joe Johnson
Quentin Richardson
Shawn Marion
Amare Stoudamire

Damn that team had a badass starting 5

TheDish87
07-27-2016, 04:32 PM
for me it comes down to do you view any player as an all time great when it comes to the HOF. 5 years from now we wont be saying how great A'mare was. He leaves behind a career with very little to remember other than Nash making him look even better than he was. He wasnt much of a re bounder or defender and his peak run wasnt long enough, prob not dominant enough either.

krazylegz
07-27-2016, 04:38 PM
the nba hall of fame is an absolute joke.....they seriously let just about everybody in...if you played in the nba,chances are your considered........so yeah,he'll probably get in

SeoulBeatz
07-27-2016, 05:49 PM
I'd vote yes, primarily because he was such a dominant and versatile offensive player when healthy and young. The injuries caught up with him and tore him down fast, but I remember watching him play in Phoenix. Off the pick and roll. Spotting up. Creating off the dribble facing the basket. Posting up. That guy could attack you anyway he wanted He had an offensive skill set you don't see in very many big men.

I feel like the move to NY was bad. NY just has a way of turning great players into $#!T, or at least All-Stars into has-beens. At least since the 90's.

i dunno, he was pretty phenomenal his first year in NYC. I remember him getting MVP votes. I actually really liked that squad they had around him till they traded the farm for Melo (that was an understandable move at the time though).

Would've been nice to to see him play out one last season in NYC, especially with this roster full of other players who were great in 2010.

ciaban
07-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Basketball Reference gives him a 73% chance of making the Hall of Fame.

Here is where he ranks (all time) in some key stats

106th in points
138th in rebounds
29th in FG%
62nd in FTA
78th in blocks
34th in PER
23rd in TSP

Truthfully I would say he is right on the cusp of making it. One or two more healthy years and it would have been a no brainer.

Question is, if Chris Bosh never plays another NBA game is he a hall of famer ?

IDK he fails the Larry Nance test.
He only has a few hundred more points than Nance, with 1000 less Assists, 1400 less blocks, 1000 less rebounds, about 100 less steals. And Larry Nance isn't in the hall of fame.

ciaban
07-27-2016, 06:29 PM
the nba hall of fame is an absolute joke.....they seriously let just about everybody in...if you played in the nba,chances are your considered........so yeah,he'll probably get in

Unless your Larry Nance or your last name is Hardaway.

BKLYNpigeon
07-27-2016, 07:27 PM
probably, they let everyone in eventually.

Shammyguy3
07-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Yes, he gets in for me. From age 22-28 (457 games) he posted 23.6/8.8 61.5ts% 0.196 WS/48

I understand why some people say no, but he was arguably a top-5 offensive player in the league for that stretch with these guys in the league at the same time and in their primes Dirk, Duncan, Lebron, Kobe, McGrady, Wade

JasonJohnHorn
07-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Yes, he gets in for me. From age 22-28 (457 games) he posted 23.6/8.8 61.5ts% 0.196 WS/48

I understand why some people say no, but he was arguably a top-5 offensive player in the league for that stretch with these guys in the league at the same time and in their primes Dirk, Duncan, Lebron, Kobe, McGrady, Wade

You don't have to say 'arguably'. He was likely the best (or certainly the most versatile) offensive centre in the game, and I would go so far as to say big man. Dirk has more range, of course, but I feel like Amar'e had more moves. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Dirk over Amar'e for a career, or even a 10-year stretch, but I feel like he had a stretch there were he was looking better than Dirk.

Top five offensive player for sure. At least for a couple of years.

tredigs
07-27-2016, 11:25 PM
I can point to many cases that he has beat, but ultimately he is the type of player that I do not want in the NBA Hall Of Fame (no personal knock on Amare himself, one of my favorite players to watch play in his prime). He was never the best, he did not have a particularly transcendent peak (though awesome), he had no illustrious college (obviously) or international career.

He just does not cut the bill. The basketball HOF (which already has it's many faults) really does not mean much if an Amare Stoudemire makes it in.

jerellh528
07-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Not hall of fame worthy imo.

Bruno
07-28-2016, 03:21 AM
amare is one robert horry hip check away from being an obvious yes. he's a fringe guy, lack of international/college hurts him here.

Sadds The Gr8
07-28-2016, 03:36 AM
yes. NBA HOF so easy to make

Shammyguy3
07-28-2016, 08:48 AM
just added a poll, so everyone vote there

TheDish87
07-28-2016, 09:02 AM
why do so many people think its the NBA HOF? Its the Basketball HOF and takes into consideration off the court contributions to the sport (Yao), college, and international play to go along with an NBA career.

akagiredsuns
07-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Some of you aren't giving him enough credit. He's not an obvious selection, but he shouldn't be dismissed so lightly. He was arguably a top 3 center in the NBA for close to a decade.

Wow just :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
07-28-2016, 10:43 AM
Not a HOF'er. Sorry. His early years in Phoenix were solid, but NY led him to a quick decline and he became an afterthought in Miami. Suns had more than a good enough team to at least make a Finals. And spare the 2000s being a Lakers/Spurs decade of dominance. In 2006, neither were there and the Suns had a chance and the Mavericks stood in their way, yet still got owned. With a squad of Nash, Marion, Barbosa, Raja Bell & Boris Diaw, they were strong enough to make a run to the end, and Suns vs. Heat would have been one for the ages. So no Amar'e not a HOF'er, definitely not a first-ballot one. And to the person who said he was a Top 3 center for close to a decade, give me a break. That's a huge stretch.He was pretty good but not HOF, but given how lenient it is, nowadays it seems anyone can get in that is slightly above average.

rhino17
07-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Wow just :facepalm:

Why wow?

2003-2011 you have Amare, Yao, Ben, Dwight and Shaq for the early part of that time period. He made an all-nba team 5 times in that period.

CHANGO
07-28-2016, 07:47 PM
Hell nawww.

Rivera
07-28-2016, 07:53 PM
he will be an interesting case. I say no

I hate the HOF question for Bball because I feel like if your close your in Springfield in the HOF. Amare shouldn't be but he has a case and probably will get in eventually cause he has a case

The fact that he doesn't have a college career actually hurts him

We need to come up with a PSD Basketball HOF. We have one in the wrestling forum and have a vote each year. It's fun as hell. We also put in a lot of shoe ins from older generations in just to start our HOF

Why don't we do one for ball and have our own HOF

FlashBolt
07-29-2016, 12:30 AM
Who are we kidding.. the HOF of basketball is and has been an absolute joke. He's a great player but far from transcendent and elite.

lol, please
07-29-2016, 04:12 AM
Kind of speechless people are actually saying no/voting against him....

:confused:

uprightciti
07-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Sure why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony_Starks
07-29-2016, 02:44 PM
whatsup with Phoenix?
--------------

Stoudemire just did not feel the same love back in the past two offseasons, when he hoped to return to the Suns to close his career. That prompted him to reach out to New York this month for a ceremonial contract with a “Once a Knick, Always a Knick” quotation to cap his 14-year career. “The last two years, we made phone calls to Phoenix but I wasn’t getting any positive response,” Stoudemire told azcentral sports on Thursday. “That would’ve been the perfect way to go out. I didn’t want to beg Phoenix. My heart was in two places – Phoenix and New York. I just went where I was wanted."

“They brought back Jared and Leandro, my boys,” Stoudemire said. “That would’ve been a heck of a way to finish. I wasn’t just going to keep knocking on someone’s door that wasn’t going to answer. “I love my fans in Phoenix. Most of my high times and highlights were in Phoenix. I put forth the effort to finish my career in Phoenix but it wasn’t well-received.” – via Arizona Republic

Scoots
07-29-2016, 04:19 PM
To me he was a stat stuffer but his game didn't make enough of a difference to winning and losing when I was watching games. Skilled yes, but he just didn't win enough ... and he's hurt a bit in my mind by playing with a great players as the focus of the offense.

LA_Raiders
07-30-2016, 12:01 AM
No he shouldn't, but again, we are talking about the NBA. He may make it once he is old.