PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Vs New York

IKnowHoops
07-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Which team wins more games next year?

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Knicks

They have 3 new starters but Rose & Noah already have great chemistry, and Melo & KP know each other as well. so it shouldn't be too bad for them to adjust.

KP has alot of room for improvement next year and him & Noah might be the best rim protecting duo in the league.

Knicks pieces just fit so much better too.

CHI has Rondo, Wade & Butler who combined to hit only 133 three's last year on 31%. Lopez also can't step out and hit a jumper... spacing and fit is awful.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Knickerbockers

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Clint Olbrock
07-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Whoever can stay healthier, honestly.

I know that's obvious for any team but more so for these 2, given the injury history with players on both squads.

JordansBulls
07-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Should have added Cleveland as well. Chicago and Cleveland is a dandy waiting to happen.

Chi StateOfMind
07-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Just a question for Knick fans but what bench do u have?

TheMightyHumph
07-25-2016, 06:41 PM
I hate the Knicks, so I'll go with Bulls.

It's my understanding that Rose and Noah have the same health plan.

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 06:47 PM

Jennings
Lance
O'Quinn
Holiday
Willy Hernangomez

+ the euro kid who is kind of a wildcard.

Bench is solid, probably better than last years bench.

Bulls I guess have

Taj
Portis
McDourmett
Canonn
and Snell?

Pretty even on the benches.

Chi StateOfMind
07-25-2016, 06:54 PM
I mean does the regular season even matter? Cleveland is gonna win the East again, and will go to the Finals for part 3 of GS and Cleveland. NY had a better off season but I think it will honestly be close with Ny n Chi as far as wins. Flip a coin.

Heediot
07-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Jennings
Lance
O'Quinn
Holiday
Willy Hernangomez

Bulls I guess have

Taj
Portis
McDourmett
Canonn
and Snell?

Throw in Jerian Grant and Denzel Valentine and the Bulls have a bigger edge on the Bench.

Heediot
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
If NY wins 50 games they will have a chance at Cp3 who is really close to Melo (possible bffs). I don't think Westbrook will go to NY, but there is an outside Chance there if the knicks can be close to a contender.

I like both teams and think they can both be as high as the 2 seed. Raptors will fall off this year IMO, they scrapped their way to a very nice season last year but they will get exposed for the lack of upper echelon talent.

KG2TB
07-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Jennings
Lance
O'Quinn
Holiday
Willy Hernangomez

Bulls I guess have

Taj
Portis
McDourmett
Canonn
and Snell?

Bulls have Valentine, Grant, and Felicio on the bench as well.

Shammyguy3
07-25-2016, 09:57 PM
i honestly have no idea

Crackadalic
07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Knicks. Bulls have the edge on bench but I like the overall fit better on the knicks

As much as I hate the D rose trade and I'm not the biggest rose fan even I have to admit he is better for this team for the simple fact that the spacing will be much better vs Chicago and his dribble drives on offense can help guys more open since we have more shooters on the team.

Rondo I hate. Why? Because he can't score or shoot and can't play defense. He can't play off ball so he is only good when he has the ball in his hand. Then there is wade. If rondo is more effective with the ball more how does wade fit? He can't shoot 3's. His game is attacking the basketball and shooting low % 2's. He isn't much of a off ball player either so how can he do his thing without making rondo useless?

Butler is fine at the 3 but he is not a 3 point threat so you have 0 scoring threats from outside and a offense more suited in the early 2000's. Defensive schemes in today's NBA is much more complex so that lack of spacing will be their downfall.

If the bulls wins more its only because of the knicks injury woes.

ewing
07-25-2016, 10:09 PM

Jennings, Lance Thomas, the two rookie Euors, Justin Holiday, Kyle Oquinn, its not a great bench its not bad. It really about the health of the starters and how good Noah and Rose can be when healthy for the knicks.

kobe4thewinbang
07-25-2016, 10:21 PM
Bulls. Why? Butler's a stud, and now they have Wade & Rondo. I think they'll have close records, with Chicago having 5+ more wins or so.

I'd say Knicks bench is superior, but I trust Butler, Wade & Rondo to click more than D-Rose, Noah Carmelo & Porzingis.

I think they'll both be better than last year, sure, and hopefully have a close game when they match up. D-Rose's health and Joakim's is an unknown and even when Rose could play, it was hit and miss. Butler ascended, Rondo will get guys easy shots off the catch and I think with Gasol gone Mirotic will have more room to shine.

Also, Hoiberg will be in his second year at the helm and Knicks have a new one after the Fisher experiment failed. That alone will probably cost the Knicks a few games.

Kyben36
07-25-2016, 10:23 PM
regular season the knicks.

playoffs bulls make soem noise out of the 7th or 8th seed, due to strictly talent,

xxplayerxx23
07-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Health matters. And I don't know man I don't like the fit with the Bulls but I sure don't know with the Knicks health. Bulls have a more proven bench but if one of the Knicks young guys turn out being solid they will have a solid bench. Should be fun this year, lol at Jordan talking Cleveland and Bulls lmao

IKnowHoops
07-25-2016, 11:52 PM
Health matters. And I don't know man I don't like the fit with the Bulls but I sure don't know with the Knicks health. Bulls have a more proven bench but if one of the Knicks young guys turn out being solid they will have a solid bench. Should be fun this year, lol at Jordan talking Cleveland and Bulls lmao

I laughed out loud when I read that too. Does he really believe that? Part of me says yes, part of me says no. I think half of him believes it, half of him knows better. But at the end of the day, he'd much rather say that than not.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-26-2016, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if either team won 50.

I wouldn't be shocked it either team won 30 either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
07-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Knicks have the best player in Melo.... I hate that the knicks gave up Lopez and to me that is the best player the bulls have gotten this off season.... As much as I think Rose will be bad I think both Rondo and Wade will be ****ing horrid... Its going to be hilarious how bad they are going to be together and how long before it all explodes... Knicks win 40-50 games if healthy..... Bulls win 30-35 If healthy.

Lol Butler couldnt get along with Rose.... ENTER THE RONDO... Rose and his soft whiny *** is butterflies in a dandelion filled field where Dear and Antelope roam on a bright shiny day compared to Rondo.

LA_Raiders
07-26-2016, 02:01 AM
This is a tough questions. All I know is that neither team will make the Poffs.
The east is at its weakest...

lol, please
07-26-2016, 02:13 AM
Which team wins more games next year?

I think the Bulls will be a good team this next season, but I think the KNicks, if healthy, win 65ish games.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2016, 02:14 AM
I think the Bulls will be a good team this next season, but I think the KNicks, if healthy, win 65ish games.

:laugh: I legit love you. Like I really do.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/statistics/best_seasons.htm

You think the knicks.... Are going to basically be one of the top 50 teams EVER?

The cavs last year won 57 games.... You have the knicks if healthy winning 8 more games then a team with Lebron James/Kyrie Irving?

KnickNyKnick
07-26-2016, 08:46 AM
Knicks have the best player in Melo.... I hate that the knicks gave up Lopez and to me that is the best player the bulls have gotten this off season.... As much as I think Rose will be bad I think both Rondo and Wade will be ****ing horrid... Its going to be hilarious how bad they are going to be together and how long before it all explodes... Knicks win 40-50 games if healthy..... Bulls win 30-35 If healthy.

Lol Butler couldnt get along with Rose.... ENTER THE RONDO... Rose and his soft whiny *** is butterflies in a dandelion filled field where Dear and Antelope roam on a bright shiny day compared to Rondo.

LoL! :laugh:

IKnowHoops
07-26-2016, 01:01 PM
knicks have the best player in melo.... I hate that the knicks gave up lopez and to me that is the best player the bulls have gotten this off season.... As much as i think rose will be bad i think both rondo and wade will be ****ing horrid... Its going to be hilarious how bad they are going to be together and how long before it all explodes... Knicks win 40-50 games if healthy..... Bulls win 30-35 if healthy.

Lol butler couldnt get along with rose.... Enter the rondo... rose and his soft whiny *** is butterflies in a dandelion filled field where dear and antelope roam on a bright shiny day compared to rondo.

lmao

IKnowHoops
07-26-2016, 01:03 PM

:speechless::laugh2::clap:

HeartOfStarks
07-26-2016, 02:28 PM
The most realistic answer to this is it will likely be close. I see these two teams as the 7 & 8 seed pretty much, likely between 42-45 wins. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the same record or are separated by a win or two.

FOXHOUND
07-26-2016, 02:38 PM

Did... did you just say that Robin Lopez is better than Dwyane Wade? :(

Green_Monster
07-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Knicks. Bulls have the edge on bench but I like the overall fit better on the knicks

As much as I hate the D rose trade and I'm not the biggest rose fan even I have to admit he is better for this team for the simple fact that the spacing will be much better vs Chicago and his dribble drives on offense can help guys more open since we have more shooters on the team.

Rondo I hate. Why? Because he can't score or shoot and can't play defense. He can't play off ball so he is only good when he has the ball in his hand. Then there is wade. If rondo is more effective with the ball more how does wade fit? He can't shoot 3's. His game is attacking the basketball and shooting low % 2's. He isn't much of a off ball player either so how can he do his thing without making rondo useless?

Butler is fine at the 3 but he is not a 3 point threat so you have 0 scoring threats from outside and a offense more suited in the early 2000's. Defensive schemes in today's NBA is much more complex so that lack of spacing will be their downfall.

If the bulls wins more its only because of the knicks injury woes.

Rondo was decent from 3 last year. He shot a better percentage then any Knicks starter other than Lee from 3.

Green_Monster
07-26-2016, 02:47 PM
The most realistic answer to this is it will likely be close. I see these two teams as the 7 & 8 seed pretty much, likely between 42-45 wins. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the same record or are separated by a win or two.

I agree with this. The hype surrounding what I think most would project to be low seed playoff teams is crazy. This season should be interesting.

teddygreen17
07-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Throw in Jerian Grant and Denzel Valentine and the Bulls have a bigger edge on the Bench.

Agree. Problem with Bulls is do they have enough 3 point shooting. Plus, their offense is now geared to having a healthy Wade. If he goes down for any stretch, you just double Butler and let Lopez and Rondo beat you offensively.

Im going Knicks for versatility and assuming KP has double the amount of games that he produces really well in compared to last year.

South Side Sox
07-26-2016, 03:03 PM
Noah wull be lucky to play in 49-45 games with having injuries bug the last few seasoml

However as a Bulla fan loved Noah's passion.

nycericanguy
07-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Noah wull be lucky to play in 49-45 games with having injuries bug the last few seasoml

However as a Bulla fan loved Noah's passion.

Noah missed a grand total of 17 games the two prior seasons before last.

Don't get carried away with his injury concerns... last year was a shoulder anyway, not his knees, and it might have been a blessing in disguise to let him rest for basically a year.

Crackadalic
07-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Rondo was decent from 3 last year. He shot a better percentage then any Knicks starter other than Lee from 3.

That's more of an anomaly that I wont take seriously honestly. He is still a non scoring threat. If wade/butler has the ball in their hand what does that make rondo? He isn't a reliable shooter at all. And his defense is really bad since the acl injury.

nycericanguy
07-26-2016, 04:03 PM

Do you really think Rondo is a good or even average 3pt shooter? Luis Scola shot over 40% from 3 last year...that doesn't mean Scola is an elite 3pt shooter. It just means he picks his spots and was low volume, and had a bit of a statistical anomaly last year.

Rondo for his career shoots 28% from 3 and hit's less than 1 three every 3 games, he is nowhere near a threat from deep.

Green_Monster
07-26-2016, 04:32 PM
That's more of an anomaly that I wont take seriously honestly. He is still a non scoring threat. If wade/butler has the ball in their hand what does that make rondo? He isn't a reliable shooter at all. And his defense is really bad since the acl injury.

Do you really think Rondo is a good or even average 3pt shooter? Luis Scola shot over 40% from 3 last year...that doesn't mean Scola is an elite 3pt shooter. It just means he picks his spots and was low volume, and had a bit of a statistical anomaly last year.

Rondo for his career shoots 28% from 3 and hit's less than 1 three every 3 games, he is nowhere near a threat from deep.

He improved his shot while out in Sacramento. People just brush it off though because the Kings were bad and no one watches them.

We can't say Rose is going to be healthy or even good when he hasn't been either for over three years. He's basically a non factor and a top three worst starting PG in the league if we're tossing out Rondo's improved shooting as well. Either you look at the teams with context or you don't. You can't say Rose is going to be good again because he played well the final two months and then say Rondo is going to go back to being a terrible shooter. It can't go both ways. Toss aside the bias and reevaluate.

nycericanguy
07-26-2016, 04:48 PM
He improved his shot while out in Sacramento. People just brush it off though because the Kings were bad and no one watches them.

We can't say Rose is going to be healthy or even good when he hasn't been either for over three years. He's basically a non factor and a top three worst starting PG in the league if we're tossing out Rondo's improved shooting as well. Either you look at the teams with context or you don't. You can't say Rose is going to be good again because he played well the final two months and then say Rondo is going to go back to being a terrible shooter. It can't go both ways. Toss aside the bias and reevaluate.

I think it's much more realistic to believe that Rose, who played well the final 3 months of last year... and before that had no training camp and double vision, will continue to play well next year... we know he CAN be good after all.

But thinking that Rondo after 11 or 12 years of being arguably the worst shooting PG in the history of the game, to think he's all of a sudden going to be a good 3 pt shooter? I think that's a huge reach.

There's no sugar coating it, Rondo/Wade/Butler is just a horrific shooting wing combination. Can you find a worse trio in the league that starts?

Crackadalic
07-26-2016, 05:06 PM

I think rose will be average or sub par next season. I do look at context so I'm not sure what your trying to get at. Rose played to a decent level post all star break and honestly that's all we need. We need someone to take the offense burden off of melo/KP.

Rondo on the other hand is just not a shooter. I can't sit Here and say all of a sudden he's a good 3 point shooter just like that. On top of being a horrible ft shooter I don't have much praise at all for his offensive game. Again his 3 point shooting is an anomaly where injury aside rose at least look like he recovered from that freak eye injury where he was seeing double vision

Green_Monster
07-26-2016, 05:17 PM
I think it's much more realistic to believe that Rose, who played well the final 3 months of last year... and before that had no training camp and double vision, will continue to play well next year... we know he CAN be good after all.

But thinking that Rondo after 11 or 12 years of being arguably the worst shooting PG in the history of the game, to think he's all of a sudden going to be a good 3 pt shooter? I think that's a huge reach.

There's no sugar coating it, Rondo/Wade/Butler is just a horrific shooting wing combination. Can you find a worse trio in the league that starts?

Rose hasn't been good or healthy for three years other than the last couple months of the season. Thinking he'll be anything better than average or slightly below average at best and then saying a full year of good three point shooting from Rondo is an anomaly shows bias.

I think rose will be average or sub par next season. I do look at context so I'm not sure what your trying to get at. Rose played to a decent level post all star break and honestly that's all we need. We need someone to take the offense burden off of melo/KP.

Rondo on the other hand is just not a shooter. I can't sit Here and say all of a sudden he's a good 3 point shooter just like that. On top of being a horrible ft shooter I don't have much praise at all for his offensive game. Again his 3 point shooting is an anomaly where injury aside rose at least look like he recovered from that freak eye injury where he was seeing double vision

Well if you believe the bolded then I'm with you. I don't even believe Rondo will continue to shoot that well from three. I just wanted to point out the double standard that has taken place with some people.

tp13baby
07-26-2016, 05:23 PM
I see these teams as a 5/6 seed in the east. I think Chicago is better because they have the better bench. Anyone who says they are even is high. Still not able to compete with Boston, Toronto or Indiana.

Crackadalic
07-26-2016, 05:35 PM
Rose hasn't been good or healthy for three years other than the last couple months of the season. Thinking he'll be anything better than average or slightly below average at best and then saying a full year of good three point shooting from Rondo is an anomaly shows bias.

Well if you believe the bolded then I'm with you. I don't even believe Rondo will continue to shoot that well from three. I just wanted to point out the double standard that has taken place with some people.

Knicks issue is more injury related where Chicago is more a bad fit. Both are talented. Let's see how it works.

D-Leethal
07-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Knicks have injury concerns. Bulls have concerns with fit and spacing. Knicks have more talent. Porzingis is the wild card.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2016, 07:21 PM

Going forward Yes..... Yes I did

nycericanguy
07-26-2016, 08:03 PM

advanced stats gone wrong...lol.

I've heard people say Lopez was the best player in the trade, i've heard people say Calderon was our 2nd best player last year.

Lopez is a guy that did his job well, but it was a limited job and opposing defenses did not focus on him. I don't recall Lopez ever being doubled even once. He was about to get his 8-10 points and he has a nice hook shot. But he's not a needle mover.

Obviously neither is JC... but its easier to be efficient in limited roles when defenses aren't concerned with you and when you don't step outside of your comfort zone.

It's really ridiculous that people would even suggest Lopez is as good as Rose or Wade... you tell that to any NBA player and they will laugh their *** off... game recognizes game... people know Rose can ball, same for Wade... to suggest that a 25-27mpg role player... who does 1 or two things for a team is better... just ridic... but that's PSD sometimes.

effen5
07-26-2016, 08:08 PM

So your banking on Rose being good because he's had a good 3 months compared to the last 3 and a half years he didn't play?

Both Rose and Noah are big question marks. Noah has had just as many injuries from plantar facitis to knee tendinitis, to shoulder injuries....

I'd be shocked...SHOCK if rose plays more than 50 games next year. Last year was an anomaly for him. Not to mention Rose is just as bad at shooting as Rondo...if not worse specifically behind the 3.

nycericanguy
07-26-2016, 08:27 PM
So your banking on Rose being good because he's had a good 3 months compared to the last 3 and a half years he didn't play?

Both Rose and Noah are big question marks. Noah has had just as many injuries from plantar facitis to knee tendinitis, to shoulder injuries....

I'd be shocked...SHOCK if rose plays more than 50 games next year. Last year was an anomaly for him. Not to mention Rose is just as bad at shooting as Rondo...if not worse specifically behind the 3.

Rose was healthy last year, I don't consider a fluke hit in the eye as an injury. He hasn't had knee issues in over a year and he's healthy now so why shouldn't we bank on him? Obviously we got decent insurance with Jennings. Comes off a bit salty to say you'd be shocked if he played more than 50 TBH, considering he played almost 70 last year.

Rose is not as bad a shooter as Rondo stop it...

Rose's midrange game is actually very underrated. From 10-16 feet he shot 48% last year, among the best in the league for guards, and that was despite the awful shooting start with the double vision. Rondo for comparison was 31% from 10-16 feet last year. among the worst in the league for guards.

From 16-22 feet Rondo shot 33%... putrid once again

Rose was at 36% from that distance but he's 41% for his career.

From 3-10 feet Rondo once again awful 37%.. Rose 42%

Saying Rose is a worse shooter just sounds salty man...

Captain Moroni
07-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Bulls and Knicks should be fun to watch this year.

WaDe03
07-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Bulls but I hope the Knicks are good. The names in these different playoff matches will be real fun. The East will for sure be better than the west this year.

FOXHOUND
07-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Going forward Yes..... Yes I did

:(:(

effen5
07-26-2016, 09:16 PM
Rose was healthy last year, I don't consider a fluke hit in the eye as an injury. He hasn't had knee issues in over a year and he's healthy now so why shouldn't we bank on him? Obviously we got decent insurance with Jennings. Comes off a bit salty to say you'd be shocked if he played more than 50 TBH, considering he played almost 70 last year.

Rose is not as bad a shooter as Rondo stop it...

Rose's midrange game is actually very underrated. From 10-16 feet he shot 48% last year, among the best in the league for guards, and that was despite the awful shooting start with the double vision. Rondo for comparison was 31% from 10-16 feet last year. among the worst in the league for guards.

From 16-22 feet Rondo shot 33%... putrid once again

Rose was at 36% from that distance but he's 41% for his career.

From 3-10 feet Rondo once again awful 37%.. Rose 42%

Saying Rose is a worse shooter just sounds salty man...

Derrick also had knee tendinitis last year in January.

Rajon isn't known for his mid game but he is a better scorer than Derrick at this point.

Careers numbers doesn't matter because Derrick missed half his career due to injuries and he is not even close to the player he was in his early days.

Rajon shot 45% to Derrick's 42% last year.

And while you said Rondo has shot a putrid 33% from 16-22 feet, last year, Rondo shot 37% to Derrick's 29%. Add that plus Rondo is a better rebounder and has a much higher assist than Derrick has.

You better hope that Derrick sticks with his mid game range, because if he's scared and starts jacking up 3's like he did 2 years ago, you'll want him gone out of NYC fast.

And you can say I'm salty about him leaving, but ask around in the Bulls forum, I've wanted him gone for years.

FOXHOUND
07-26-2016, 09:17 PM

I've heard people say Lopez was the best player in the trade, i've heard people say Calderon was our 2nd best player last year.

Lopez is a guy that did his job well, but it was a limited job and opposing defenses did not focus on him. I don't recall Lopez ever being doubled even once. He was about to get his 8-10 points and he has a nice hook shot. But he's not a needle mover.

Obviously neither is JC... but its easier to be efficient in limited roles when defenses aren't concerned with you and when you don't step outside of your comfort zone.

It's really ridiculous that people would even suggest Lopez is as good as Rose or Wade... you tell that to any NBA player and they will laugh their *** off... game recognizes game... people know Rose can ball, same for Wade... to suggest that a 25-27mpg role player... who does 1 or two things for a team is better... just ridic... but that's PSD sometimes.

They've gone very, very wrong lol.

james21
07-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Lol! I love how knicks fans are defending rose now! Because they all said he was garbage when melo was supposed to come! They all said why would melo go play with him cause he was always injured, the constantly talked about all our over hyped players, they all said noah has been a shell of himmself, now everything changes with the switch of a jersey! Lol, but not 1 knicks fan will admit it!

KnickNyKnick
07-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Lol! I love how knicks fans are defending rose now! Because they all said he was garbage when melo was supposed to come! They all said why would melo go play with him cause he was always injured, the constantly talked about all our over hyped players, they all said noah has been a shell of himmself, now everything changes with the switch of a jersey! Lol, but not 1 knicks fan will admit it!

where? when? show me lol

james21
07-26-2016, 09:49 PM

Stunner
07-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Bulls can beat Toronto and Indy

WaDe03
07-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Bulls have the 2 best players although Melo can play on their level he won't be enough.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 12:55 AM

So wait..... You know what else is PSD? Judging a player on 1 side of the ball like you are doing.... Do you not realize how ****ing good Porz was when Lopez was in the game?

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/17/11022090/robin-lopez-knicks-role-player-highlights-stats

The numbers are staggering. When Lopez plays, the Knicks snare 27.4 percent of their offensive boards and 76.6 percent on the defensive glass. They'd be the third-best offensive rebounding team and safely in the middle of the pack on defense with those numbers. When Lopez sits, those figures drop to 20.6 percent on offense and 73.9 percent on defense. Those would both be bottom-five marks.

Lopez does more than rebound. He's a fine rim protector aided by the Knicks' conservative scheme, which lets him stay around the basket. Opponents shoot just 45.8 percent at the basket when he's defending, a solid number. He's a decent shot blocker, but he understands the value of reaching his arms as high as possible and getting big.

Give me Lopez over wade and rose every ****ing time and twice on Sunday even in limited roles BECAUSE ROSE AND WADE SHOULD BE IN LIMITED ROLES ANYWAY

Every knicks fan blew the big load for porz but was he better than Lopez? Its going to be interesting to see how Porz plays without Lopez and just how valuable he was because Porz became very good with Lopez was covering his *** and fell off drastically when he wasnt.... But yo wade and rose having 17PPG on shooting 400 times a game means more than every single thing Lopez does including playing every damn game/being healthy/playing defense/sticking to only his strengths and never being selfish and trying to do things he cant much like Rose and wade.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/compare/kristaps-porzingis-robin-lopez.php

When the **** did playing all 82 games and playing 28 minutes a night become a limited job? Why because he doesnt jack up shots outside of his range and average 17points on 40 plus percent shooting? Id rather have someone who is very good in all areas and understands his limitations and averages 10.3 PPG while shooting 54 percent.. THE HORROR.. Also the notion that there is meaning behind a players opinion because of course all players would say rose is better than Lopez much like they thought Iverson was the best player in basketball or that Kobe was great the last few years and so on down the list. This wasnt just this past season either... Make a case how Rose has been better than Robin Lopez over the past 3 seasons? A persons ****ing name does not make them a better player nor does the opinions of other idiotic players because they play the game and go by what the person did 50 years ago and not what they have done lately.

WaDe03
07-27-2016, 02:47 AM
MTM, there's absolutely no way you can actually believe that. I guarantee you haven't watched Wade since the 2014 finals.

WaDe03
07-27-2016, 02:49 AM
So wait..... You know what else is PSD? Judging a player on 1 side of the ball like you are doing.... Do you not realize how ****ing good Porz was when Lopez was in the game?

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/17/11022090/robin-lopez-knicks-role-player-highlights-stats

The numbers are staggering. When Lopez plays, the Knicks snare 27.4 percent of their offensive boards and 76.6 percent on the defensive glass. They'd be the third-best offensive rebounding team and safely in the middle of the pack on defense with those numbers. When Lopez sits, those figures drop to 20.6 percent on offense and 73.9 percent on defense. Those would both be bottom-five marks.

Lopez does more than rebound. He's a fine rim protector aided by the Knicks' conservative scheme, which lets him stay around the basket. Opponents shoot just 45.8 percent at the basket when he's defending, a solid number. He's a decent shot blocker, but he understands the value of reaching his arms as high as possible and getting big.

Give me Lopez over wade and rose every ****ing time and twice on Sunday even in limited roles BECAUSE ROSE AND WADE SHOULD BE IN LIMITED ROLES ANYWAY

Every knicks fan blew the big load for porz but was he better than Lopez? Its going to be interesting to see how Porz plays without Lopez and just how valuable he was because Porz became very good with Lopez was covering his *** and fell off drastically when he wasnt.... But yo wade and rose having 17PPG on shooting 400 times a game means more than every single thing Lopez does including playing every damn game/being healthy/playing defense/sticking to only his strengths and never being selfish and trying to do things he cant much like Rose and wade.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/compare/kristaps-porzingis-robin-lopez.php

When the **** did playing all 82 games and playing 28 minutes a night become a limited job? Why because he doesnt jack up shots outside of his range and average 17points on 40 plus percent shooting? Id rather have someone who is very good in all areas and understands his limitations and averages 10.3 PPG while shooting 54 percent.. THE HORROR.. Also the notion that there is meaning behind a players opinion because of course all players would say rose is better than Lopez much like they thought Iverson was the best player in basketball or that Kobe was great the last few years and so on down the list. This wasnt just this past season either... Make a case how Rose has been better than Robin Lopez over the past 3 seasons? A persons ****ing name does not make them a better player nor does the opinions of other idiotic players because they play the game and go by what the person did 50 years ago and not what they have done lately.

Make a case as to how Lopez has been better than Wade over the last 3 years.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2016, 03:03 AM
Make a case as to how Lopez has been better than Wade over the last 3 years.

That is why I said Rose... If you notice I SAID GOING FORWARD AS WELL... Id still take Lopez over Wade last year because defense/shooting but this past year it was close between the 2 with wade being far better the 2 previous years.... Rose isnt even in the same realm though the past 3 years and as soon as next year Wade will be much worse and Rose might likely be as well... Again right now give me Lopez over both Rose and Wade going forward esp with his contract compared to how others are getting paid.

Also it isnt meant to piss you off but this is the very last time I post about Wade with you ever. You cant debate without Bias when it comes to him so its pointless man. I enjoy most of any of your other arguments just not with wade and id rather not piss you off or vice versa over something like this :cheers:

but Wade has been much better in 2 of the 3 years and an argument could be made for this past year thought I value lopez more. Tell me where Rose has been better if youd like

WaDe03
07-27-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't think Rose has been better at all. Always injured and washed up in my opinion.

DaBear
07-27-2016, 11:29 AM
Bulls

Rose and Noah will combine for 30 total games.

northsider
07-27-2016, 01:22 PM

Just a point to bring up but, do you ever think that's prob. exactly why those two have 0 connection?? To me this is exactly why they had a disconnect as Butler and him couldn't be more opposite of people when it comes to work ethic and laying it all on the line. I think allot of Bulls soured on Rose cause of comments he made and the person he became after injury.

IMHO Butler and Rondo I see having way more in connection then a post inury Rose (everyone knows it he is a completely different person) and Butler.

effen5
07-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Just a point to bring up but, do you ever think that's prob. exactly why those two have 0 connection?? To me this is exactly why they had a disconnect as Butler and him couldn't be more opposite of people when it comes to work ethic and laying it all on the line. I think allot of Bulls soured on Rose cause of comments he made and the person he became after injury.

IMHO Butler and Rondo I see having way more in connection then a post inury Rose (everyone knows it he is a completely different person) and Butler.

Also in regards to the quote you quoted. there can be a debate on whose better...Melo or Butler and I would take Butler since he is an all around better player than Melo.

knickfan371
07-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Also in regards to the quote you quoted. there can be a debate on whose better...Melo or Butler and I would take Butler since he is an all around better player than Melo.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/carmelo_anthony_vs_jimmy_butler.htm

no he is not

effen5
07-27-2016, 04:28 PM
http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/carmelo_anthony_vs_jimmy_butler.htm

no he is not

Yeah, those are career numbers and nobody is denying Melo had a good career.

I'm talking about right now...I think most people would take Jimmy over Melo RIGHT NOW.

nycericanguy
07-27-2016, 04:47 PM
Yeah, those are career numbers and nobody is denying Melo had a good career.

I'm talking about right now...I think most people would take Jimmy over Melo RIGHT NOW.

Jimmy is the better two way player right now and for the past 2 years, but I'm really curious to see how Melo plays with some help... assuming Rose & KP give him legit help next year. I think Melo will be much more efficient and could overtake Butler again next year.

I could see Melo doing 24/7/4 on 47% next year.