PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mid Season - If Riley knew Lebron would leave, would he had tried to trade him?

JordansBulls
07-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Say Lebron made it evident he was going to leave at the end of the season from Miami and Riley knew it, what teams would take him for a half year rental at the time and how much would they give up?

I'm thinking the Bulls would have traded for him at the time, possibly Noah and Deng before he was traded, just not sure how much they could give up to be able to compete.

Dade County
07-25-2016, 05:43 PM
Say Lebron made it evident he was going to leave at the end of the season from Miami and Riley knew it, what teams would take him for a half year rental at the time and how much would they give up?

I'm thinking the Bulls would have traded for him at the time, possibly Noah and Deng before he was traded, just not sure how much they could give up to be able to compete.

To OKC...

For Westbrook & Ibaka.

Westbrook
Wade
Shooter/Beasley
Bosh
Ibaka

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Riley wouldn't have traded him. The same thing that makes Riles great is also his weakness: his ego.

He probably never really imagined Lebron would leave South Beach. To call him out like that at the press conference though? Basically telling Lebron to man up, winning is hard?

He had to know the guy isn't built like that and would bail, especially with Wades health being questionable.

McAllen Tx
07-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Unless he got a ridiculous offer I don't think Riley trades him. He was going for the 3-peat. He'll worry about the off-season in the off-season.

Chronz
07-25-2016, 11:37 PM
Nah, Riley is the type of guy who would throw in all his chits for a chance at championship and the thought of cashing in on his 3peet trademark would be too much to ignore. Riley's a snake but hes a cleverly greedy snake. Had they won, maybe Bron sticks around attempting to win 4 in a row, who knows but I do think Bron eventually returns to Cleveland to fulfill his promise while he still has the game to do it.

Remember, Riley threw away his rebuilding core in order to compete with Shaq. He wasted years of Wade's prime by waiting to have the money to sign a big-3. Hes mortgaged future picks to keep the team afloat in Brons absence rather than rebuild. The guy likes to crash and burn when he fails but he wins huge when he wins.