PDA

View Full Version : Dion Waiters to Miami

Wade n Fade
07-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Dion Waiters signs with the Heat for $2.9 mill. One year deal too. Surprise signing.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2016, 03:25 PM
I am not a fan of his game, but for that money/length, easily worth the shot

LivinLakers
07-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Value pickup most def. He is an average player at the position, but that contract is well below average. Good move by Miami.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 03:34 PM
He's not the type of player that thrives on a mediocre team. Wanted to see him go to a vet squad.

mia1619
07-25-2016, 03:35 PM
Weird signing, but if Bosh plays and doesnt go down again the Heat should be a playoff team.

Dragic/ Tyler Johnson/ Weber
Waiters/Richardson/ Wayne Ellington
Winslow/Luke Babbit/ James Johnson
Bosh/Derrick Williams/Haslem
Whiteside/ Willie Reed

We filled out the roster with a bunch of nice players on 1 year deals. I like the way we've built the rest of the team after Wade left.

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 03:38 PM
great value signing, but is he gonna start at SG? MIA already has a very poor shooting lineup, now if you replace Richardson with Waiters the shooting gets even worse. Waiters is below average 3pt shooter.

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Weird signing, but if Bosh plays and doesnt go down again the Heat should be a playoff team.

Whiteside/ Willie Reed

We filled out the roster with a bunch of nice players on 1 year deals. I like the way we've built the rest of the team after Wade left.

even if Bosh plays that is a very strange starting lineup. Absolutely ZERO shooting there. Where is the shooting and spacing coming from?

Dade County
07-25-2016, 03:41 PM

Whiteside/ Willie Reed

Lol... He will not start.

I really dont like he's game, just hoping he gets traded in a package before christmas day game.

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 03:46 PM
the word great, hell the word good should not be used for a Waiters signing no matter what the cost is.

Dade County
07-25-2016, 03:54 PM
even if Bosh plays that is a very strange starting lineup. Absolutely ZERO shooting there. Where is the shooting and spacing coming from?

He wont start.

Tj or J rich will be are starting sg. & if Bosh plays, miami has shooters in the starting lineup & coming off the bench.

I guess Waiters wil be are backup sg & either J rich or Tj will be are backup pg.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Value pickup most def. He is an average player at the position, but that contract is well below average. Good move by Miami.

Very well below when you see all the money getting thrown around and take into consideration his youth. I thought he played fairly well in the playoffs as well.

OKC didn't really didn't do him any favors by renouncing him after everyone had their spending spree.

I'm thinking he should've at least got 5 milli in this climate.

Knick_Fever
07-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Low risk, surprised he was signed for so low. More surprisingly, no one overpaid for him.

kobe4thewinbang
07-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Shows you how unwanted his playing style is. Basically got nothing compared to the crazy deals we've seen. Hopefully it's a wake-up call and Riley/Spoelstra can help him fix his career. Probably his last chance.

Knick_Fever
07-25-2016, 04:10 PM
His signing should set the market for JR smith, who is seeking $15 mil per lol.

archdevil84
07-25-2016, 04:13 PM
arghhhhhh no not dion waiters please. only thing he does is jack up ridiculousy bad shots and NEVER passes (and i mean NEVER EVER). Terrible move imo

Vee-Rex
07-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Waiters bout to avg 26ppg on 36% shooting and a .450 TS%

:laugh2:

TylerSL
07-25-2016, 04:36 PM
It's on a good contract but I hate this deal. Dion Waiters is not somebody I want on this team. I like most players in the league, or at least I can see value in them but there are just some I don't want on my team. Dion Waiters is one of them. There's no risk because we won't be winning anything of note next season, but I still don't like this move. I would still start Tyler Johnson at SG, not Waiters. Would never start Dion Waiters.

PG. Dragic/Richardson/Weber
SG. Johnson/Waiters/Ellington
SF. Winslow/Babbitt/James Johnson
PF. Bosh/Williams/McRoberts/Haslem
C. Whiteside/Reed

This team probably wins about 35 games is Bosh plays 70+ games. I'd love for Bosh to NOT have a re-occurrence of blood clots but instead miss most of the year on a very recoverable ankle injury or something so we are terrible and get a top 5 pick. We could then flip Dragic at the deadline because his contract is cheap now because of the cap spike. We could then walk into next offseason with a top 5 pick in a great draft, $40+ million in cap with Bosh/Whiteside/Winslow/Johnson/Richardson as a core to try to sell to free agents. Maybe go get Russell Westbrook and in 2018 WE BRING BACK DWYANE WADE.

Dade County
07-25-2016, 04:38 PM
arghhhhhh no not dion waiters please. only thing he does is jack up ridiculousy bad shots and NEVER passes (and i mean NEVER EVER). Terrible move imo

I understand how you feel, but there might be a trade in the works & Miami will need the bodies to feel out the roster.

We'll see in mid December when players can be traded that signed deals this off season.

kobe4thewinbang
07-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Wonder what # he'll wear, since obviously #3 would be a huge diss to Wade, who will obviously be in the rafters soon and his number likely retired, but Heat retired #23 too, so what # will Waiters have?

Dade County
07-25-2016, 04:48 PM
This team probably wins about 35 games is Bosh plays 70+ games. I'd love for Bosh to NOT have a re-occurrence of blood clots but instead miss most of the year on a very recoverable ankle injury or something so we are terrible and get a top 5 pick. We could then flip Dragic at the deadline because his contract is cheap now because of the cap spike. We could then walk into next offseason with a top 5 pick in a great draft, $40+ million in cap with Bosh/Whiteside/Winslow/Johnson/Richardson as a core to try to sell to free agents. Maybe go get Russell Westbrook and in 2018 WE BRING BACK DWYANE WADE.

If Miami tanks, i would rather them win only 15 games lol

But i agree, with your thought process. But i also feel that if Miami tries, & Bosh can play this entire season, i say Miami makes the playoffs.

We are better then what people think.

TylerSL
07-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Wonder what # he'll wear, since obviously #3 would be a huge diss to Wade, who will obviously be in the rafters soon and his number likely retired, but Heat retired #23 too, so what # will Waiters have?

He should wear #00. That's my least favorite number fyi...

archdevil84
07-25-2016, 05:04 PM
I understand how you feel, but there might be a trade in the works & Miami will need the bodies to feel out the roster.

We'll see in mid December when players can be traded that signed deals this off season.

he better be gone asap because he's one of the players i absolutely despise, and im talking about harden hate levels

TylerSL
07-25-2016, 05:05 PM
If Miami tanks, i would rather them win only 15 games lol

But i agree, with your thought process. But i also feel that if Miami tries, & Bosh can play this entire season, i say Miami makes the playoffs.

We are better then what people think.

I kind of hope so, if we can avoid being bad I would like that most. Hopefully Whiteside will be a top 3 Center next season (behind Cousins and Drummond), Bosh comes back healthy, Winslow makes huge strides offensively (at least a respectable shooter and ball handler), Dragic gets closer to his Suns numbers of 18-20 ppg on 50% shooting to go along with 6-7 apg, most of our new additions play well (Williams, Waiters, Ellington, Babbitt, Reed), and Johnson and Richardson continue to improve themselves. If all that happens we would be a playoff team. Even if we get bounced in round 1 we will still have the money to get a max player and we would be very appealing to somebody like Westbrook. We'll see though.

bucketss
07-25-2016, 05:07 PM
should have signed with cavs so lebron could make him look above average.

Clint Olbrock
07-25-2016, 05:22 PM
I've met Dion twice, he was cool both times but there's no reason for him not to be cool.

The issue is the dudes ego, he really thought and probably still thinks he is better than Kyrie, which is fine but it caused a lot of locker room tension/issues.

I see no one on the Heat that Dion in his own mind would rank above himself, which will be very problematic unless Haslem or Whiteside smack him.. Someone will need to check the guy, put him in his place.

For sure got him for cheap but it could end up being a bad signing just for the simple fact he is gonna try to be the face of the Heat at everyone else's expense.

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Shows you how unwanted his playing style is. Basically got nothing compared to the crazy deals we've seen. Hopefully it's a wake-up call and Riley/Spoelstra can help him fix his career. Probably his last chance.

i feel like we're seeing GM's refusing to pay for certain types of players...

Jennings too only got $5m.

Lance is still a FA and might have to take vet min...

Wade n Fade
07-25-2016, 05:31 PM
i feel like we're seeing GM's refusing to pay for certain types of players...

Jennings too only got $5m.

Lance is still a FA and might have to take vet min...

Rather have Lance at $2.9 mill or at vet's min because he can play more D than Waiters.

The Heat are getting bargain bin guys because they have had success with turning some players into consistently serviceable or legit role players.

TJ got paid and he was a UDFA. Derrick Williams said so himself. Hassan Whiteside is the best project result the Heat have had recently. Waiters might be a cancer in a locker room, but the Heat can try to screw his head on straight and utilize his potential.

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Rather have Lance at $2.9 mill or at vet's min because he can play more D than Waiters.

The Heat are getting bargain bin guys because they have had success with turning some players into consistently serviceable or legit role players.

TJ got paid and he was a UDFA. Derrick Williams said so himself. Hassan Whiteside is the best project result the Heat have had recently. Waiters might be a cancer in a locker room, but the Heat can try to screw his head on straight and utilize his potential.

its def a good risk, hell they could just cut him if it doesnt work out since its a 1 year deal.

Dwill... another offense only, low IQ type guy that couldn't cash in...

Weird seeing guys like Mozzy & a washed up Deng getting 16-18m per year... and then the other end of the spectrum guys like Waiters getting 2.9m

JR smith cant get a decent contract even after starting for a title team, yet Bazemore gets $18m per year...

i guess its just perception and bad rep.

beasted86
07-25-2016, 05:49 PM

Agree with this. Players are seeing the projects of Whiteside and TJ and thinking the development program and open opportunity to showcase themselves, and Miami's coaching staff's ability to integrate players can get them a payday next summer.

Deng and Joe Johnson both got paid and are on the decline. But the coaches were able to find a way to use them to their strengths.

But I agree that Stephenson is a better defender and could have been a nice piece. Hopefully Waiters has a decent season and is not another disappointment like Gerald Green.

IKnowHoops
07-25-2016, 06:18 PM
the word great, hell the word good should not be used for a Waiters signing no matter what the cost is.

He is a GREAT tank piece

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2016, 06:38 PM
So the Heat rather have Waiters at SG than Wade? Lol

archdevil84
07-25-2016, 06:43 PM
He is a GREAT tank piece

u got that right. LOL

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Gerald Green 2.0

More-Than-Most
07-25-2016, 07:24 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS :dance:

Thought he was gonna be a sixer.... Its not a bad deal money wise... Basically no risk high reward if he ever becomes even good. Its his terrible attitude and he wanting to take a ton of shots and play the game the wrong way...

Hey guys... How about pat franchise friendly we take care of our guys riley letting this dude wear the number 3?

:laugh:

J_M_B
07-25-2016, 09:15 PM
So the Heat rather have Waiters at SG than Wade? Lol

Josh Richardson or Tyler Johnson will start.

BKLYNpigeon
07-25-2016, 09:39 PM
He is a GREAT tank piece

Too bad the Heat owe the next Two 1st round draft pick to PHX for the Dragic Trade. lol

Crackadalic
07-25-2016, 09:57 PM
I don't think you guys realize how much of a scrub Dion waiters is. He's like a poor man Jr smith except not as talented and worse playing style. Rather lance for the heat honestly.

Dade County
07-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Too bad the Heat owe the next Two 1st round draft pick to PHX for the Dragic Trade. lol

Um, Miami has their pick for the next upcoming draft.

COOLbeans
07-25-2016, 11:45 PM
Lol... He will not start.

I really dont like he's game, just hoping he gets traded in a package before christmas day game.

Christmas game? Is that still happening now that everybody's gone?

LaLa_Land
07-26-2016, 12:12 AM
Of all the Solomon Hill's that recieved outlandish money this offseason, I thought Dion Waiters would take the cake.

Congrats to the Heat for landing this scrub on the cheap.

Dade County
07-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Christmas game? Is that still happening now that everybody's gone?

What?

I am not saying Miami will have a Christmas day game. I am saying that Miami can trade the assets they just signed, in the middle of December.

But i should have made that more clear in my last post.

RLundi
07-26-2016, 01:03 AM
Wade who?!

IKnowHoops
07-26-2016, 03:01 AM

PHX could have the best young core in the NBA in the next 3 years if they draft right.

beasted86
07-26-2016, 08:58 AM
PHX could have the best young core in the NBA in the next 3 years if they draft right.
Picks have top 7 protection until 2021

BKLYNpigeon
07-26-2016, 10:14 AM
The Real Question is.....

Will Pat Riley and The Heat let Dion Waiters wear #3?

AllBall
07-26-2016, 12:25 PM
The Real Question is.....

Will Pat Riley and The Heat let Dion Waiters wear #3?

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

I'm wondering who's getting traded with this many damn people on the roster. :confused:

Clint Olbrock
07-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Not a snowball's chance in hell.

I'm wondering who's getting traded with this many damn people on the roster. :confused:

Heat only have 13 guaranteed contracts + you know they're keeping Richardson.

The real question is who of the non-guaranteed contracts will be cut, nothing to do with trades.

Tony_Starks
07-26-2016, 01:01 PM
He really needs to fire his agent btw. That $6.8 milli offer was on the table for 2weeks before OKC snatched it and signed that no named dude.

Unacceptable.

IKnowHoops
07-26-2016, 01:06 PM
He really needs to fire his agent btw. That $6.8 milli offer was on the table for 2weeks before OKC snatched it and signed that no named dude.

Unacceptable.

Terrible

GiantsSwaGG
07-26-2016, 06:40 PM

Unacceptable.

Lol the fact that his agent didn't sign that contract is laughable. He's not even worth $1 million. The Heat overpays for a scrub at the SG to replace Wade, loving the direction they're going!

BKLYNpigeon
07-26-2016, 08:29 PM
The reason why Dion Waiters signed with the Heat is because Pat Riley Promised him the Starting Job.

J_M_B
07-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Heat only have 13 guaranteed contracts + you know they're keeping Richardson.

The real question is who of the non-guaranteed contracts will be cut, nothing to do with trades.

They have 16 players guaranteed or at least partially. Someone could definitely be moved. Roster currently sits at 18 if you include camp bodies.

J_M_B
07-26-2016, 08:37 PM
The reason why Dion Waiters signed with the Heat is because Pat Riley Promised him the Starting Job.

That's Spo's call and Riley would be the first to tell you. He doesn't undermine him

AllBall
07-27-2016, 03:17 PM

cmellofan15
07-27-2016, 03:24 PM
great sign for the HEAT. this pushes them into TITLE contention this YEAR. LMAO.