8) WAS

9) CHA
10) MIL
11) DET
12) ORL
13) MIA
14) PHI
15) BRK

BUT I think there's so much wiggle room. #1 is set. I think #2-4 could change though. And I think #5-12 is kind if interchangeable too.

JordansBulls
07-23-2016, 03:54 PM
1. Chi
2. CLE
3. NYK
4. Tor
5. Bos
6. ATL
7. Indy
8. Char

Vee-Rex
07-23-2016, 04:33 PM
Cle
tor
bos
ind
det
mil
chi
atl

-------

nyk
was

-------

orl
cha
mia

-------

phi
bro

Dade County
07-23-2016, 05:01 PM
I was thinking about starting a Eastern Conference thread too.

Cavs can grab the 1st seed easy, it all depends on Lbj & the leauge.

I can see Pacers & Hawks fighting for the 2nd and 3rd seed.

Toronto, Boston, Knicks & Bulls fight for 4-7.

Wiz, Det & Orlando can surprise as well.

I dont know if Miami is in tank mode or not. If they are in tank mode, then whatever; if they are not in tank Mode, then I can see them making the playoffs.

Nice break down article on Miami not having Wade on the roster. Deng also played good at the 4 spot for us too, so he will be missed there.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2016/on-off/

But as of right now, there isn't a team in the East that can beat Lbj. Even if Irving & love dont play in the playoffs against eastern conference teams, Lbj can still make it to the Finals.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 05:18 PM
1)CLE
----------
2)BOS
3)TOR
----------
4)DET
5)CHA
6)ATL
----------
7)IND
8)WAS
9)CHI
10)MIL
11)MIA
12)NYK
----------
13)ORL
----------
14)PHI
15)BRK

I think 7-12 all finish within 2-3 games of each other tho. really a tossup in that tier

aman_13
07-23-2016, 05:49 PM
1)CLE
----------
2)BOS
3)TOR
----------
4)DET
5)CHA
6)ATL
----------
7)IND
8)WAS
9)CHI
10)MIL
11)MIA
12)NYK
----------
13)ORL
----------
14)PHI
15)BRK

I think 7-12 all finish within 2-3 games of each other tho. really a tossup in that tier

You're not high on Orlando?

Crackadalic
07-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Cavs
Pacers
Toronto
Detroit
Celtics
Knicks
Hornets
Hawks

Bulls
Magic
Bucks
Wizards
Miami
Philly
Nets

FOXHOUND
07-23-2016, 06:36 PM
1) Cleveland
2) Toronto
3) Boston
4) Chicago
5) New York
6) Indiana
7) Charlotte
8) Detroit

The east is crazy difficult, I agree with the camp that there's a crazy fluctuation chance all the way down to 12 or 13.

More-Than-Most
07-23-2016, 07:36 PM
I am shocked everyone has the heat bottom 3... Their situation is soooooooo amazing : )

But seriously that is how deep the EC is now.

Also people really think the bulls will be better than the knicks? I hate the knicks but really?

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 07:48 PM
You're not high on Orlando?
Nah, how are they gonna score? Their offense will be terrible.

aman_13
07-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Nah, how are they gonna score? Their offense will be terrible.

I don't think they will have to. They have the personal to be a top 10 defense. I think they will be in the battle for those final playoff spots.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 08:35 PM
I don't think they will have to. They have the personal to be a top 10 defense. I think they will be in the battle for those final playoff spots.

of course they need offense. The defense will be above average for sure but the scoring is seriously trash. They have 1 guy that averaged over 16 ppg last year, and his mins might be significantly cut.

-They have the worst offensive PG rotation in the league.

-Biz and Ibaka has potential to be a really good defense, but again, terrible offensively. Not to mention both are awful passers. I really don't know how they'll score. They're like a poor man's Utah

basch152
07-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Can't believe people are hating on detroit.

5 core players are all under 25 and improving every year, not to mention they have more time playing together, they vastly improved bench and depth, and already made the playoffs last year.

But somehow people have them dropping 4 spots?

uprightciti
07-23-2016, 09:02 PM
1. Indy
2. Raptors
3. Cavs
4. Boston
5. Knicks
6. Atl
7. Detroit
8. Charlotte

9. Miami
10. Washington
11. Orlando
12. Chicago
13. Mil
14. Philly
15. Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uprightciti
07-23-2016, 09:03 PM
I think Indy has a shot at the finals

aman_13
07-23-2016, 09:15 PM
of course they need offense. The defense will be above average for sure but the scoring is seriously trash. They have 1 guy that averaged over 16 ppg last year, and his mins might be significantly cut.

-Biz and Ibaka has potential to be a really good defense, but again, terrible offensively. Not to mention both are awful passers. I really don't know how they'll score. They're like a poor man's Utah

Let's see how it plays out. I can see Fournier having a big yr with Oladipo now gone and maybe Gordon breaks out. Ibaka should be able to give them 15 ppg.

Ariza's Better
07-23-2016, 09:20 PM
Cavs
Celtics
Pacers
Raptors
Detroit
Hornets
Knicks
Bulls

JordansBulls
07-23-2016, 09:43 PM
1. Indy
2. Raptors
3. Cavs
4. Boston
5. Knicks
6. Atl
7. Detroit
8. Charlotte

9. Miami
10. Washington
11. Orlando
12. Chicago
13. Mil
14. Philly
15. Bk

:laugh:

pebloemer
07-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Cavaliers
Celtics
Raptors
Pacers
Hawks
Magic
Pistons
Bobcats
Bulls
Knicks
Bucks
Wizards
Heat
76ers
Nets

pebloemer
07-23-2016, 09:58 PM

Vucevic, Ibaka, Gordon, Payton, Fournier, Green, Biyombo, Herzonja might be a better offensive core than Vogel had to work with in Indiana. Defensively, the could be Top 3 in the league. If they defend, they can be a scary team in transition as well.

In Herzonja, Gordon and Payton, there may be some youth that hasn't totally broken out yet, but there is the possibility for a functional offense there. Vogel has impressed me enough not to write him off on bringing much of that talent out.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Vucevic, Ibaka, Gordon, Payton, Fournier, Green, Biyombo, Herzonja might be a better offensive core than Vogel had to work with in Indiana. Defensively, the could be Top 3 in the league. If they defend, they can be a scary team in transition as well.

In Herzonja, Gordon and Payton, there may be some youth that hasn't totally broken out yet, but there is the possibility for a functional offense there. Vogel has impressed me enough not to write him off on bringing much of that talent out.
Meh...indy had a good passing big in mahinmi and Turner has shown more offensively than any of Orlando's young talent. Plus George Hill is a much better offensive pg than Payton.

Plus Indy had more spacing. Orlando has no shooting at all other than Serge who's still questionable from 3.

Neither one of those teams is good offensively but I think Orlando is clearly worse.

ChiTownPacerFan
07-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Not looking at anyone's predictions, I'll say:

1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Indiana
4. Toronto
5. Charlotte
6. Atlanta
7. Orlando
8. Milwaukee

9. Chicago
10. New York
11. Washington
12. Detroit
13. Miami
14. Philly
15. Brooklyn

Jimm
07-23-2016, 10:21 PM
1) Cavs
2) Raptors
3) Pacers
4) Celtics
5) Hawks
6) Knicks
7) Hornets
8) Pistons

5 through 7 is interchangeable, Pistons also interchangeable with Heat, Wizards, Bulls.

Its tough to call but either way imo we are going to see a lot more wins/competitiveness in the east this year.

5ass
07-23-2016, 10:35 PM

Well they still have one of the best offensive centers in the NBA. They lost Oladipo and replaced him with Ibaka. I'm sure Ibaka can average the same amount of points as Dipo last year. Fournier is going to get more shots, and he's an efficient scorer. More so than Oladipo at least and he's younger so he's also not done developing. Currently a top 20 shooter in 3pt% and 3PA. Green can be a productive bench scorer. Gordon will get to score more and he's likely to improve next year. I think he can be a 13-15 PPG scorer. Mario could emerge as another good scorer, and Payton will find more space to penetrate now that we have more shooting. Payton is just starting off slow like all PGs do, but he was misused under Skiles, and finally has a good back up.

They won 35 games last year losing a lot of close games. Ibaka will be better than Oladipo was last year, and along with biyombo fix a huge weakness for them last year. Gordon, Payton, Fournier and Mario will likely improve. Their depth improved massively with the addition of Biyombo, Augustin and Green. The roster fits much better now, and most importantly they upgraded their coach. Vogel is most likely going to transform this team into a great defensive unit. He has Payton, Gordon, Ibaka and Biyombo. That's a lot of defensive talent. IMO more than what he had in Indiana (who were 3rd I think in DRTG). The defense, depth and versitality will get them to the play offs. 12 of the top 13 defensive team last year made the play offs (except Utah who were a win away). Last season they had the same offensive rating as the Hawks. The difference is the hawks were the second best defensive team in the NBA. They won 48 games. If the Magic are as good as they were last year offensively and as good as the Pacers defensively, they'd win between 46-48 games. I dont think that'll happen, but they should win 40-45 IMO. How many games do you think they'll win?

pebloemer
07-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Meh...indy had a good passing big in mahinmi and Turner has shown more offensively than any of Orlando's young talent. Plus George Hill is a much better offensive pg than Payton.

Plus Indy had more spacing. Orlando has no shooting at all other than Serge who's still questionable from 3.

Neither one of those teams is good offensively but I think Orlando is clearly worse.

Fournier, Green, Herzonja should all provide spacing with Ibaka.

I think you are underestimating them.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 11:01 PM
Fournier, Green, Herzonja should all provide spacing with Ibaka.

I think you are underestimating them.
Fournier is a good shooter, Jeff green sucks, and hezonja is all potential at this point plus how much will he play?

I can't see a team with Payton, Biz, Gordon, Ibaka playing a ton of mins being passable offensively. Limited shooting, limited passing, limited playmaking, limited slashing. I'd bet good $ they're a bottom 5-7 offense in the league, especially with Vogel who struggles offensively also.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 11:10 PM
Well they still have one of the best offensive centers in the NBA. They lost Oladipo and replaced him with Ibaka. I'm sure Ibaka can average the same amount of points as Dipo last year. Fournier is going to get more shots, and he's an efficient scorer. More so than Oladipo at least and he's younger so he's also not done developing. Currently a top 20 shooter in 3pt% and 3PA. Green can be a productive bench scorer. Gordon will get to score more and he's likely to improve next year. I think he can be a 13-15 PPG scorer. Mario could emerge as another good scorer, and Payton will find more space to penetrate now that we have more shooting. Payton is just starting off slow like all PGs do, but he was misused under Skiles, and finally has a good back up.
I'm assuming Vuc's mins will be cut or he'll be traded with Biz getting that contract. Maybe Ibaka can get to 15-17 ppg but I wouldn't be so sure. He's VERY dependant on PG/PnR play and Payton is just terrible offensively. Gordon I think would flourish more as a PF but how many mins will he play there? Hezonja can improve but will he get many mins? I'm not a Payton believer at all. PG's that can't shoot, or attack the rim on a consistent basis just can't be effective today IMO. Maybe he can improve also but I'm not high on him. The rotation is very questionable.

They won 35 games last year losing a lot of close games. Ibaka will be better than Oladipo was last year, and along with biyombo fix a huge weakness for them last year. Gordon, Payton, Fournier and Mario will likely improve. Their depth improved massively with the addition of Biyombo, Augustin and Green. The roster fits much better now, and most importantly they upgraded their coach. Vogel is most likely going to transform this team into a great defensive unit. He has Payton, Gordon, Ibaka and Biyombo. That's a lot of defensive talent. IMO more than what he had in Indiana (who were 3rd I think in DRTG). The defense, depth and versitality will get them to the play offs. 12 of the top 13 defensive team last year made the play offs (except Utah who were a win away). Last season they had the same offensive rating as the Hawks. The difference is the hawks were the second best defensive team in the NBA. They won 48 games. If the Magic are as good as they were last year offensively and as good as the Pacers defensively, they'd win between 46-48 games. I dont think that'll happen, but they should win 40-45 IMO. How many games do you think they'll win?

I disagree on the team fitting better. Gordon and Green are both PF's but look like they'll mainly play SF. Payton has very limited shooting to help him. Ibaka doesn't have the playmakers to help him get open shots, and to top it off, they don't have a creative offensive coach to provide a nice system to boost the players. I think they win 32-35 games with the east appearing to look better. I just like 8-10 teams much more than them. I'd be SHOCKED if they made the playoffs, but i'm willing to be wrong. I just don't think the team fits well. I have similar feelings about Indiana but I think their talent will help them to a low playoff seed.

Vee-Rex
07-24-2016, 12:52 AM

The east is soooo tough to gauge, man. I think the east is gonna smoke the west this year. I want ORL higher on my list too, it's just that I feel like IND will be tougher, NY will be tougher, DET, etc...

You make a solid case and I'll be rooting for the Magic. Let's see how their improvements stack against everyone else's.

ClevelandSpider
07-24-2016, 01:16 AM
:laugh:

You're one to laugh at someone's prediction, yours was just as asinine...smh

Htownballa1622
07-24-2016, 01:33 AM
Lol. That's funny.

I think bulls will be closer to 12 than number 1.

Haha.

5ass
07-24-2016, 01:43 AM
I'm assuming Vuc's mins will be cut or he'll be traded with Biz getting that contract. Maybe Ibaka can get to 15-17 ppg but I wouldn't be so sure. He's VERY dependant on PG/PnR play and Payton is just terrible offensively. Gordon I think would flourish more as a PF but how many mins will he play there? Hezonja can improve but will he get many mins? I'm not a Payton believer at all. PG's that can't shoot, or attack the rim on a consistent basis just can't be effective today IMO. Maybe he can improve also but I'm not high on him. The rotation is very questionable.

I disagree on the team fitting better. Gordon and Green are both PF's but look like they'll mainly play SF. Payton has very limited shooting to help him. Ibaka doesn't have the playmakers to help him get open shots, and to top it off, they don't have a creative offensive coach to provide a nice system to boost the players. I think they win 32-35 games with the east appearing to look better. I just like 8-10 teams much more than them. I'd be SHOCKED if they made the playoffs, but i'm willing to be wrong. I just don't think the team fits well. I have similar feelings about Indiana but I think their talent will help them to a low playoff seed.
Actually Payton gets most of his shots at the rim and finishes at a decent percentage. He's very crafty, but can also use his size to bully PGs to the rim. I think you're underrating him. They won't have the worst PG position in the NBA, but like most young PGs (see Russell, mudiay, Schroeder, ect.) he wasn't initially ready for a starting role. He also had a coach that didn't use him well, and no decent back up. That made it look worse than he is, and still he put up 11-6.5. he should be good for atleast 13-7-4-1.5 next year. They won't have the worst PG rotation in the league for sure. I can think of like five teams just off the top of my head. Fournier should be a good play maker too. He's not just a shooter. He can get to the basket as well, and he's capable of being an 18-20 PPG guy. Mario also has really good potential as a play maker. He displayed some great court vision at times. Enough for Skiles to try him at back up PG (not that impressive though considering the alternative was Napier). He should play like 20+ mpg, and that should improve our spacing.

What makes Gordon a PF? Ibaka is going to be stretching the floor next to him. Defensively, you definitely want him guarding a SF because he can be an elite perimeter defender. Offensively he has good handles, good court vision, and an improving shot. He has an advantage vs small forwards with his strength and size. PF with his quickness. Ibaka is an amazing compliment to his game as well as Vucevic's. Ibaka's a better player and fit than Oladipo for sure, and a more respected shooter so our spacing should improve. I think the whole team is a much better fit. Last year they had Fournier guarding SF, Oladipo and Payton who couldn't catch and shoot, Frye and Harris with vucevic in the front court. It was a mess, and they still won 35. They added more talent, depth and a better coach. I don't see how they don't improve their record even if none of their young guys improve at all (they likely will).

WaDe03
07-24-2016, 01:48 AM
I am shocked everyone has the heat bottom 3... Their situation is soooooooo amazing : )

Also people really think the bulls will be better than the knicks? I hate the knicks but really?

Damn.....trolling is a full time job for some people.

Sadds The Gr8
07-24-2016, 03:06 AM
Actually Payton gets most of his shots at the rim and finishes at a decent percentage. He's very crafty, but can also use his size to bully PGs to the rim. I think you're underrating him. They won't have the worst PG position in the NBA, but like most young PGs (see Russell, mudiay, Schroeder, ect.) he wasn't initially ready for a starting role. He also had a coach that didn't use him well, and no decent back up. That made it look worse than he is, and still he put up 11-6.5. he should be good for atleast 13-7-4-1.5 next year. They won't have the worst PG rotation in the league for sure. I can think of like five teams just off the top of my head. Fournier should be a good play maker too. He's not just a shooter. He can get to the basket as well, and he's capable of being an 18-20 PPG guy. Mario also has really good potential as a play maker. He displayed some great court vision at times. Enough for Skiles to try him at back up PG (not that impressive though considering the alternative was Napier). He should play like 20+ mpg, and that should improve our spacing.

What makes Gordon a PF? Ibaka is going to be stretching the floor next to him. Defensively, you definitely want him guarding a SF because he can be an elite perimeter defender. Offensively he has good handles, good court vision, and an improving shot. He has an advantage vs small forwards with his strength and size. PF with his quickness. Ibaka is an amazing compliment to his game as well as Vucevic's. Ibaka's a better player and fit than Oladipo for sure, and a more respected shooter so our spacing should improve. I think the whole team is a much better fit. Last year they had Fournier guarding SF, Oladipo and Payton who couldn't catch and shoot, Frye and Harris with vucevic in the front court. It was a mess, and they still won 35. They added more talent, depth and a better coach. I don't see how they don't improve their record even if none of their young guys improve at all (they likely will).

I just completely disagree. I think Payton is in the Rubio/Rondo level of bad shooters that teams can just sag off on and go way under picks against him, making it hard for the offense to run. And to make it worse, I just don't seen enough shooting to help him. I don't think Fournier and Ibaka is enough. Ibaka complained about being a "floor spacer" on OKC. Is he gonna be used the same way?

I think Gordon is best suited to be a PF, so he can beat slower guys with quickness. Like I said before, I question Vuc's role on the team. Vogel is a defensive guy and Vuc is terrible on that side of the ball. Plus they just maxed Biz.

I'm not seeing it with this team. I don't like the wing players to compliment Payton, and the bigs other than Vuc really lack offensive skill. I like Fournier, Biz and Gordon as talents, but I don't like the rest. We'll see how it goes, but like I said, I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs with the east getting deeper.

prodigy
07-24-2016, 04:57 AM
1. Indy
2. Raptors
3. Cavs
4. Boston
5. Knicks
6. Atl
7. Detroit
8. Charlotte

9. Miami
10. Washington
11. Orlando
12. Chicago
13. Mil
14. Philly
15. Bk

Did Lebron sign with the pacers in ur prediction here? lol

Top 8 teams in the east I think will be this...

1. Cavs- Nuff said
2. Raptors
3. Detroit
4. Pacers
5. Celtics
6. Bulls- If healthy
7. Hawks
8. Bucks

IDK lol lets shake things up

bstnfn34
07-24-2016, 11:45 AM
I find it odd for the celtics hate, they grabbed the second best fa that switched teams had the third best pick, arguably the best coach on the east coast tied for third best record last year and ppl are saying 4th 5th or 6th? I get indy improved a lot but I believe tor took a step back NY got better but injuries will be a major concern for them. Imo no way they end up lower than 3seed behind cle and indiana. Heck even Vegas is giving them 4th best odds to win title behind gs cle sa

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

North Yorker
07-24-2016, 12:01 PM
Surprised lots of people have Detroit out of the playoffs. Pretty much all their core guys are either in or entering their primes and they have a great coach as well.

I like their team better than Indy I think, even though Indy probably has more talent.

1. CLE
2. BOS
3. TOR
4. DET
5. ATL
6. IND
7-11: CHI/ORL/NYK/CHA/WSH in some order
12. MIL
13. MIA
14. PHI
15. BRK

nycericanguy
07-24-2016, 12:20 PM
everybody thinks their team is being hated on...lol

truth is the east is just so wide open. There isn't much separation between the #3 seed and the #12 seed, and I think even TOR could fall back into the same tier next year.

Alot of teams could be better but also could take a step back.

BOS has had a Cinderella run for two years, will it continue? They changed a lot of players and I'm not sold on guys like Thomas having long sustainable primes... guys like him, 5'8 & game based off speed, they tend to have short prime runs.

IND got Teague but lost some key guys, they are a question mark.

Knicks are a huge question mark with wild swing potential either way.

Bucks always seem to have talent on paper but will it pan out this year?

ATL with Howard now, are they better?

CHI added talent at the expense of FIT.

Way too tough to call.

Really there's only two teams that you can say WON'T make the playoffs and that's PHI & BK.

DamnGoat
07-24-2016, 12:24 PM
I guess I'm a little confused about why so many have Charlotte locked into the top 8. Didn't they lose 2 of their 4 best players? They'll need big jumps from Zeller & Kaminsky to be a Playoff team IMO.

I don't think they'll be bad, but they should be in that Playoff bubble range with about 5-6 other teams at the bottom of the conference.

DamnGoat
07-24-2016, 12:27 PM
everybody thinks their team is being hated on...lol

truth is the east is just so wide open. There isn't much separation between the #3 seed and the #12 seed, and I think even TOR could fall back into the same tier next year.

Alot of teams could be better but also could take a step back.

BOS has had a Cinderella run for two years, will it continue? They changed a lot of players and I'm not sold on guys like Thomas having long sustainable primes... guys like him, 5'8 & game based off speed, they tend to have short prime runs.

IND got Teague but lost some key guys, they are a question mark.

Knicks are a huge question mark with wild swing potential either way.

Bucks always seem to have talent on paper but will it pan out this year?

ATL with Howard now, are they better?

CHI added talent at the expense of FIT.

Way too tough to call.

Really there's only two teams that you can say WON'T make the playoffs and that's PHI & BK.
I'm glad a Knicks fan is actually saying this.

They're nowhere near a lock for a top 6 seed either. They're relying heavily on 2 players (Rose/Noah) that are almost guaranteed to miss 30+ games between them and I don't like their depth. Sure, there's potential there for them to be really good if all goes right, but there's also the potential for things to get ugly quickly if injuries pile up.

ManRam
07-24-2016, 12:28 PM
I could see any team in the East making the playoffs besides the Nets and 76ers (who will be better). Maybe the Heat have fallen down there too, especially if Bosh can't return.

I have a really hard time with this. It seems more muddled than I can remember. Cleveland's #1, then I think Boston, Toronto and Indy are in some order the next 3. After that? I really struggle to have any strong beliefs. I wouldn't argue against anyone ranking any of the next 8 teams 5th, 12th or anywhere in between.

Gun to my head,

CLE
BOS
IND
TOR
ATL
DET
WAS
MIL
ORL
CHA
CHI
NYK
MIA
PHI
BRK

nycericanguy
07-24-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm glad a Knicks fan is actually saying this.

They're nowhere near a lock for a top 6 seed either. They're relying heavily on 2 players (Rose/Noah) that are almost guaranteed to miss 30+ games between them and I don't like their depth. Sure, there's potential there for them to be really good if all goes right, but there's also the potential for things to get ugly quickly if injuries pile up.

I think most Knick fans know there is risk, but you're getting carried away.

Rose missed all of 16 games last year, some of those were just CHI holding him out for precautionary reasons, and some were because of a fluke eye injury. He hasn't had knee trouble in well over a year, he's in a contract year, with something to prove, and playing with guys that really fit him much better than CHI did. Knicks have floor spacers all around him and of course Noah who he is very familiar with. And playing for a coach that has gotten the most out of PG's.

Noah also has a lot to prove, and I think the year off probably did his knees good. I expect him & Rose to be rejuvenated.

Also I don't think they are "heavily" relying on those two as much as you think. KP is a year older and stronger, he can easily play C if Noah misses games, and Melo is probably best at PF these days anyway. Even without Rose & Noah, KP & Melo is one of the better duo's in the east, especially if KP takes that next step. I don't think they'd be a bad team if they had to run with

KP
Melo
Lance
Lee
Rose

for stretches of games... now if they lose Noah AND Rose for a while then yes it gets dicey, but even Jennings should be a big upgrade at PG over anything NY had last year.

All in all it's a risk, but if I were a betting man I'd say it's more likely that Rose & Noah stay fairly healthy and rejuvenated next year.

Green_Monster
07-24-2016, 12:48 PM
1. Cavaliers
2. Celtics
3. Raptors
4. Pacers
5. Pistons
6. Hawks
7. Bulls
8. Knicks

9. Wizards
10. Magic
11. Hornets
12. Heat
13. Bucks
14. 76'ers
15. Nets

Green_Monster
07-24-2016, 12:50 PM

Rose missed all of 16 games last year, some of those were just CHI holding him out for precautionary reasons, and some were because of a fluke eye injury. He hasn't had knee trouble in well over a year, he's in a contract year, with something to prove, and playing with guys that really fit him much better than CHI did. Knicks have floor spacers all around him and of course Noah who he is very familiar with. And playing for a coach that has gotten the most out of PG's.

Noah also has a lot to prove, and I think the year off probably did his knees good. I expect him & Rose to be rejuvenated.

Also I don't think they are "heavily" relying on those two as much as you think. KP is a year older and stronger, he can easily play C if Noah misses games, and Melo is probably best at PF these days anyway. Even without Rose & Noah, KP & Melo is one of the better duo's in the east, especially if KP takes that next step. I don't think they'd be a bad team if they had to run with

KP
Melo
Lance
Lee
Rose

for stretches of games... now if they lose Noah AND Rose for a while then yes it gets dicey, but even Jennings should be a big upgrade at PG over anything NY had last year.

All in all it's a risk, but if I were a betting man I'd say it's more likely that Rose & Noah stay fairly healthy and rejuvenated next year.

Even if they are healthy, how good are you expecting Rose/Noah to be?

nycericanguy
07-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Even if they are healthy, how good are you expecting Rose/Noah to be?

Well 2nd half Rose after the eye injury was pretty decent, something like 18 & 6 on 46%... if he did that, that's a HUGE upgrade. I don't think people realize how bad NY's PG play has been the past few years. Knicks were DEAD last in drives to the basket last year and it wasn't even close, Rose was pretty great on drives.

Noah, give me 8/8 & 4 with his defense and leadership and that's a huge plus.

DamnGoat
07-24-2016, 02:13 PM

Am I really getting carried away? 30 games between the two of them (not each) is a pretty conservative estimate given their lengthy injury history. To expect to just disappear because of reasons is likely setting yourself up for disappointment.

Rose missed all of 16 games last year, some of those were just CHI holding him out for precautionary reasons, and some were because of a fluke eye injury.

Very few of those missed games were related to the eye injury. He played through that with a mask on early last season. When he sat it was typically for "general soreness." From my understanding, it was his call too, not the Bulls. It's a reason they fired his personal trainer as soon as he was dealt.

he's in a contract year, with something to prove, and playing with guys that really fit him much better than CHI did.

He'll play well, I fully expect it, in a contract year. He made a statement last year about seeing the contracts other players were getting and how he was looking forward to getting paid when he's a FA. I'm sure that's what's motivating him the most right now, and that's fine.

Whether he fits or not better with the Knicks is just speculation on your part with some obvious bias thrown in. There's no way of really knowing until they actually play. The Bulls surrounded him with shooters (mostly off the bench, but still, they played with him a lot) the past 2 years and it didn't really transform his game in any way.

That's the best case of course, but it's pretty unlikely considering he's missed at least 15 games in 7 of his last 8 seasons. Just his knees alone require a ton of pre & post game maintenance. It was kind of a big issue his past few years in Chicago.

Also I don't think they are "heavily" relying on those two as much as you think.

They're 2 of your 4 best players. If you're going anywhere, you're relying heavily on them. Sure, maybe not to the extent of Melo & Porzingas, but their health will likely play a big role in this team's success or failure.

Well 2nd half Rose after the eye injury was pretty decent, something like 18 & 6 on 46%... if he did that, that's a HUGE upgrade. I don't think people realize how bad NY's PG play has been the past few years. Knicks were DEAD last in drives to the basket last year and it wasn't even close, Rose was pretty great on drives.

Saying 2nd half with Rose is a little deceiving. It was 21 good games (17/4 on 46%) compared to 45 pretty ugly ones (16/5 on 40%). I guess the bonus is that he may stay relatively healthy, but he's clearly not the player he once was and he's never been much of a PG (and that part of his game has really taken a step back recently). His value came from his scoring and the past couple years he's been below average-average in terms of efficiency as a scorer.

Noah, give me 8/8 & 4 with his defense and leadership and that's a huge plus.

I'd say you're probably a little high on the points and low on the boards. He'll always be a good rebounder, but the past several years he became a terrible finisher because he doesn't have much explosiveness left due to the knee problems. My guess would be 6-7 & 10+ with 4 assists, assuming he plays 30ish MPG.

Anyway, I'm not saying the Knicks will be bad. I think they'll be fine, likely a mid-lower tier Playoff team, but that there's plenty of volatility there because of those two players and I'm not sold on what looks like a thin bench.

Stunner
07-24-2016, 02:32 PM
DG Rose 2nd half was more than 21 games , he actually started playing well since Jan 1st so it's 36 games . His only bad stretch in 2016 was with him dealing the elbow sprain at the end of season were he played 3 games in April . So the original poster was correct. Rose played 27 games prior to Jan 1st were he was horrible at due to lack of a real training camp and the eye injury .

27+ 36 = 63 add the 3 games in April that's 66 the total number of games he played in the season

Rose shot 47% in the month of Jan , 44% in Feb and 46 in March .

Oct he shot 37% , Nov it was 35 and 41% in Dec .

canzano55
07-24-2016, 02:33 PM
I find it odd for the celtics hate, they grabbed the second best fa that switched teams had the third best pick, arguably the best coach on the east coast tied for third best record last year and ppl are saying 4th 5th or 6th? I get indy improved a lot but I believe tor took a step back NY got better but injuries will be a major concern for them. Imo no way they end up lower than 3seed behind cle and indiana. Heck even Vegas is giving them 4th best odds to win title behind gs cle sa

Sent from my SM-G900V using TapatalkWith respect - I'm finding that the love Boston is getting from pundits is pretty astounding to me when they haven't even played a game yet.

Obviously this is all speculation but even on paper, I don't know how Boston gets planted as a two-seed in the standings when they have essentially the same team as last year except you replaced Sullinger with Horford and added a bunch of rookies.

5ass
07-24-2016, 02:36 PM
I just completely disagree. I think Payton is in the Rubio/Rondo level of bad shooters that teams can just sag off on and go way under picks against him, making it hard for the offense to run. And to make it worse, I just don't seen enough shooting to help him. I don't think Fournier and Ibaka is enough. Ibaka complained about being a "floor spacer" on OKC. Is he gonna be used the same way?

I think Gordon is best suited to be a PF, so he can beat slower guys with quickness. Like I said before, I question Vuc's role on the team. Vogel is a defensive guy and Vuc is terrible on that side of the ball. Plus they just maxed Biz.

I'm not seeing it with this team. I don't like the wing players to compliment Payton, and the bigs other than Vuc really lack offensive skill. I like Fournier, Biz and Gordon as talents, but I don't like the rest. We'll see how it goes, but like I said, I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs with the east getting deeper.

Well there was some progress with Payton's shooting last year, and a lot of teams don't have more than two good shooters in their line up. I don't think spacing will be a problem. Biz can't shoot, but he can warp the defense with his ability to roll hard to the rim. We saw how Payton played with Dedmon, and I think he can be successful with Biyombo.

Ibaka is going to have to be a spot up shooter a lot of times. He's unlikely to suddenly develop a great post game. He'll get a ton of looks though with Vucevic drawing double teams in the post, and Payton setting him up for open looks. He should also be another good roll man. His ability to shoot, makes it easier for Payton. He had a down year in OKC, but he's still a top PF in the east (behind Millsap, love, and maybe KP). You can dislike him, but he's talented and brings a unique skillet. He was always a top 3 player on a contender, and he will be one fo the Magic's best.

Gordon really doesn't play like a powerforward, and he always has said he sees himself more as a SF. If you watch his summer league games last year when he was let loose, you can see his skill set is more like a small forwards. Again, by putting him on the perimeter on defense, you're using his greatest asset.

Vucevic really isn't that bad of a defender. He has a coach that will help him improve on that end and a lot of defensive talent around him to help cover his weaknesses. Even last year with Fournier playing some SF, and Harris and Frye getting a lot of minutes with him in the front court, the Magic were capable of being slightly below average defensively. He'll get like 26 mpg easy and in those minutes he's capable of dropping like 17 PPG. When he came off the bench last year (small sample size of 5 games), he averaged 27 mpg and 22-9-2.5-1.3-1.3 on 64% shooting. He'll destroy any back up center, and when he's struggling defensively you replace him with biyombo.

The team is going to be great defensively with all that talent and length. 6'4 Payton, 6'7 fournier, 6'8 Mario, 6'9 Gordon, 6'9 green, 6'9 biyombo (huge wingspan), 7' vucevic (huge wingspan). So I think the defense alone will carry them to the play offs and 43-44 wins. Don't underestimate Vogel, he's one of the best coaches in the league. If you look at what he's done, he compares well to Thibs. Either way, it should be a really fun team to watch. They'll be paying tough defense and running hard in transition.

nycericanguy
07-24-2016, 02:41 PM
@ DAMNGOAT... my bad, i thought you said 30 games EACH...

Alot of NBA players miss 15 games a year now, that's unfortunately the norm. Teams are very cautious with players. If Noah & Rose miss 30 games combined Knicks will be fine. But I have a feeling they will each play over 70. Jennings & KP are more than adequate backups though. Knicks could use a 3rd PG, but all in all they'll be fine.

bstnfn34
07-24-2016, 02:52 PM
With respect - I'm finding that the love Boston is getting from pundits is pretty astounding to me when they haven't even played a game yet.

Obviously this is all speculation but even on paper, I don't know how Boston gets planted as a two-seed in the standings when they have essentially the same team as last year except you replaced Sullinger with Horford and added a bunch of rookies.
Exactly the point, horfords a huge upgrade over sully in every way, then you keep the core in tact with an improving crowder, bradley, smart add brown who will jump into the turner role with better offense and o yea rozier is looking great too. How have they not improved? Drastically from last year? And they tied for third seed. Tor got worse marginally and cle stayed the same atl char Miami all got worse

mavwar53
07-24-2016, 02:56 PM
1)Boston
2)Cleveland
3)Toronto
4)Pacers
5)Pistons
6)Washington
7)Chicago
8)Orlando

9)NYK
10)Miami
11)Atlanta
12)Millwaukee
13)Charlotte
14)Brooklyn
15)Philadelphia

East is much more wide open than the west. I think Washington figures it out, and Orlando takes a big step forward. Only teams I think don't have a chance at the playoffs are Charlotte, Brooklyn and Philadelphia.

Oh and that isn't Cleveland hate, I just think some of those guys might be satisfied, but more that Boston is ultra hungry and finally has a big man they can count on, the young guys are only getting better as well so I think they edge out the cavs for the top spot.

xxplayerxx23
07-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Don't get the Chicago love tbh

Green_Monster
07-24-2016, 03:01 PM
With respect - I'm finding that the love Boston is getting from pundits is pretty astounding to me when they haven't even played a game yet.

They were tied for the 3rd best record in the East last year and like you said, they replaced Sullinger with Horford. You pretty much explained why they're planted as the two-seed yourself.

Stunner
07-24-2016, 03:02 PM

Because the Bulls main reason for falling out of top 3 seed last year was before Jimmy Butler got hurt in the first week of Feb . He was out for 15 games during the Bulls hardest part of the schedule ; and that was adding on to the fact they lost Noah for the season . East was too close together last season to take any type of losing streak and that's what happen . Butler came back but he wasn't the same and still playing hurt , Bulls couldn't make a big enough dent . They missed the playoffs by 2 games

Bigbadmoffo
07-24-2016, 03:31 PM

Losing Biz gives a break out player in Val the minutes he deserves and honestly any one of the 3 back up C's they got could have an impact on another level. They improved PF with Sullinger over Scola and also can look forward to a healthy Carrol who only played 36 games.

Cle
Tor
Ind cause PG is a beast and now has the tools. If they have the chemistry they may even take the East
Bos
Det
Chi
Nyk
Charlotte

DamnGoat
07-24-2016, 03:40 PM
@ DAMNGOAT... my bad, i thought you said 30 games EACH...

Alot of NBA players miss 15 games a year now, that's unfortunately the norm. Teams are very cautious with players. If Noah & Rose miss 30 games combined Knicks will be fine. But I have a feeling they will each play over 70. Jennings & KP are more than adequate backups though. Knicks could use a 3rd PG, but all in all they'll be fine.

Kinda figured that's what you thought. I don't think they'll miss that much time, but if they can avoid missing time together then you guys should find yourselves in the Playoffs.

What Chicago love? Most of the predictions here have them at the tail end of the standings. I think they're a volatile team as well though. Could be anywhere from 4 to out of the Playoffs depending on injuries, regression, coaching and not to mention the way Rondo, Wade & Butler all fit together (they'll have to split them up to create some spacing off the bench where they have plenty of capable shooters).

allSUAVE
07-24-2016, 03:55 PM
I love how everybodys down on the knicks

TheDish87
07-24-2016, 04:07 PM
there is no reason to be high on the knicks

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2016, 04:15 PM

Well, the Bulls did get better from standpoint from last season and already had 10 more wins than the Knicks. Now I'm not sure if they'll fit well offensively, but I feel like Hoiberg will be better this year too.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2016, 04:18 PM
I also feel like some team that's not Cleveland will push 60 wins in the East. Not sure who, but I feel like the Cavs will kinda coast through thee regular season and get the 2nd seed.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2016, 04:22 PM
I love how everybodys down on the knicks

Are we suppose to overrate them or something?

Sadds The Gr8
07-24-2016, 04:25 PM
Well, the Bulls did get better from standpoint from last season and already had 10 more wins than the Knicks. Now I'm not sure if they'll fit well offensively, but I feel like Hoiberg will be better this year too.

Is it possible that he gets Blatt'd tho? Didn't most of the players hate him last year? Now they've added Rondo to that.....

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Is it possible that he gets Blatt'd tho? Didn't most of the players hate him last year? Now they've added Rondo to that.....

Honestly, I don't know. Rondo's attitude sounds better through the press so far this off-season but of course things can change in-season.

europagnpilgrim
07-24-2016, 04:43 PM
#1 Cavs

#2-8, playoff teams who could finish in any order and depends on who is the healthiest
Bulls
Knicks
Hawks
Celtics
Raptors
Pistons
Wizards/Hornets

europagnpilgrim
07-24-2016, 04:48 PM
there is no reason to be high on the knicks

If someone is a Knicks fanatic and see how the roster/coach has been revamped then I don't see why not since they actually have talent/pieces that fit, Rose/Noah complement Melo/Porz quite well since Noah loves to pass/rebound/play D and Rose isn't the MVP style so he will defer to those two also more so which is right up Melo's alley and a pick and roll with Rose/Porz doesn't sound bad at all especially on paper, the health bug will be the biggest factor on rather they will compete or not since 3 of those 4 core players have dealt with major injuries past odd seasons

canzano55
07-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Exactly the point, horfords a huge upgrade over sully in every way, then you keep the core in tact with an improving crowder, bradley, smart add brown who will jump into the turner role with better offense and o yea rozier is looking great too. How have they not improved? Drastically from last year? And they tied for third seed. Tor got worse marginally and cle stayed the same atl char Miami all got worse

Sent from my SM-G900V using TapatalkYou're putting A LOT of stock in Horford I think. Did you watch him at all last season? The guy isn't peaking - he's on the slide down if you look at how he performs on a nightly basis.

I just feel there's like 100 different things Ainge could have done to make the Celtics a lot better but he didn't sell his assets well enough and relied too much on the Durant sweepstakes so now what you have is a very hard-nosed defensive Boston team with a great coach that still isn't able to stretch the floor in any meaningful way and is still completely reliant on Isaiah for everything.

They were tied for the 3rd best record in the East last year and like you said, they replaced Sullinger with Horford. You pretty much explained why they're planted as the two-seed yourself.I don't understand for the life of me why someone would think that the Celtics have supplanted Toronto for 2nd seed?

Someone please explain it to me.

5ass
07-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Cavs 59 wins (I still don't see any team in the east as a threat to them)

Celtics 52 (horford is an upgrade for sure, but they're still not challenging the Cavs. They'll do well in the regular season, but in the play offs I still take the raptors)

Raptors 50 (lost biyombo, but Nogeura should be able to produce more. Maybe Val will take a big leap, but I don't see it. I think he'll definitely be more productive though. The center position did regress IMO. They're also still weak at PF. Patterson is only decent. So their front court isn't very good. They're good and deep in the back court with young guys like Joseph and Powell. They drop a few wins mostly because the competition all got better and they didn't)

Hawks 47 (Schroder won't be all that good. I don't think he cracks top 10 at his position. Howard will be better than people think. I think he'll be an upgrade over Horford overall, and will make them an elite defensive team. Millsap has a career year)

Hornets 47 (MKG has a full healthy season, and with Batum and Williams form a very good defensive trio. Kemba has another very good year.)

Pistons 46 (added depth and experience)

Wizards 45 (Beal is relatively healthy, and they added depth)

Magic 43 (defense)

---

Pacers 41 (lost their defensive identity with hill, mahimni, and Vogel gone. The pieces don't fit well at all)

Knicks 40

Bulls 39

Bucks 37

Brooklyn 28

Sixers 22

Heat 21

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-24-2016, 06:15 PM

If healthy, the Bulls are definitely better than the Knicks.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-24-2016, 06:17 PM
1. Indy
2. Raptors
3. Cavs
4. Boston
5. Knicks
6. Atl
7. Detroit
8. Charlotte

9. Miami
10. Washington
11. Orlando
12. Chicago
13. Mil
14. Philly
15. Bk

Bulls at 12? Really?[emoji23]

Man the hate in here is real. You know they managed to win 42 games last year even with all the injuries and locker room issues right? The roster is undoubtedly better than last year's.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-24-2016, 06:32 PM

Celtics 52 (horford is an upgrade for sure, but they're still not challenging the Cavs. They'll do well in the regular season, but in the play offs I still take the raptors)

Raptors 50 (lost biyombo, but Nogeura should be able to produce more. Maybe Val will take a big leap, but I don't see it. I think he'll definitely be more productive though. The center position did regress IMO. They're also still weak at PF. Patterson is only decent. So their front court isn't very good. They're good and deep in the back court with young guys like Joseph and Powell. They drop a few wins mostly because the competition all got better and they didn't)

Hawks 47 (Schroder won't be all that good. I don't think he cracks top 10 at his position. Howard will be better than people think. I think he'll be an upgrade over Horford overall, and will make them an elite defensive team. Millsap has a career year)

Hornets 47 (MKG has a full healthy season, and with Batum and Williams form a very good defensive trio. Kemba has another very good year.)

Magic 43 (defense)

---

Pacers 41 (lost their defensive identity with hill, mahimni, and Vogel gone. The pieces don't fit well at all)

Knicks 40

Bulls 39

Bucks 37

Brooklyn 28

Sixers 22

Heat 21

The Bulls lineup for most of last season was Rose/Butler/Snell or McDermott/Gibson or Mirotic/Gasol.

That team won 42 games despite Butler being gone for a while with his injury, which basically pushed them out of the playoffs.

So you're saying a new lineup of Rondo/Wade/Butler/Mirotic/Lopez will make them 3 wins worse next season if healthy?

archdevil84
07-24-2016, 06:38 PM

Magic 43 (defense)

---

Knicks 40

Bulls 39

Bucks 37

Brooklyn 28

Sixers 22

Heat 21

sixers and nets over heat? thats low man

Clint Olbrock
07-24-2016, 06:38 PM
1. Cavs- if they come out flat they could drop a seed or 2 from championship hangover
2. Celtics- they just keep on improving every year, no reason to think any different now
3. Raptors- don't feel like what they lost will hurt them much
4. Bulls- i think they made some solid moves for the direction they could've went in, must stay healthy
5. Hawks- i think they will still be decent but Howard hasn't been himself for awhile
6. Pacers- i like all the moves they made this summer, hopefully they mesh well together
7. Knicks- this depends on their health, past their starting 5 not much depth
8. Pistons- not impressed with their off season but i believe in SVG's coaching

9. Hornets- they could finish higher but I'm not sure some of the pieces they got or are getting healthy fit
10. Wizards- they're lacking depth at the wing, at least quality wise
11. Magic- i like the moves they made, just not sure it works out in year 1
12. Bucks- i'm not sold on what they are trying to do, some good individual pieces but don't see it as a unit
13. Heat- they're trash
14. 76ers- too many inexperienced guys but a lot of nice young pieces
15. Nets- they don't have anything really outside of Lopez

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-24-2016, 06:46 PM
1. Cavs- if they come out flat they could drop a seed or 2 from championship hangover
2. Celtics- they just keep on improving every year, no reason to think any different now
3. Raptors- don't feel like what they lost will hurt them much
4. Bulls- i think they made some solid moves for the direction they could've went in, must stay healthy
5. Hawks- i think they will still be decent but Howard hasn't been himself for awhile
6. Pacers- i like all the moves they made this summer, hopefully they mesh well together
7. Knicks- this depends on their health, past their starting 5 not much depth
8. Pistons- not impressed with their off season but i believe in SVG's coaching

9. Hornets- they could finish higher but I'm not sure some of the pieces they got or are getting healthy fit
10. Wizards- they're lacking depth at the wing, at least quality wise
11. Magic- i like the moves they made, just not sure it works out in year 1
12. Bucks- i'm not sold on what they are trying to do, some good individual pieces but don't see it as a unit
13. Heat- they're trash
14. 76ers- too many inexperienced guys but a lot of nice young pieces
15. Nets- they don't have anything really outside of Lopez

This is SOLID.

5ass
07-24-2016, 07:44 PM
The Bulls lineup for most of last season was Rose/Butler/Snell or McDermott/Gibson or Mirotic/Gasol.

That team won 42 games despite Butler being gone for a while with his injury, which basically pushed them out of the playoffs.

So you're saying a new lineup of Rondo/Wade/Butler/Mirotic/Lopez will make them 3 wins worse next season if healthy?
Yes. There's only one shooter in that line up, and I don't think he's starting material. You have three ball dominant guards. I also dont think they have much depth, and I think butler will miss the same amount as games as he did last year and the two seasons prior. Its not so much that they got worse, but other teams got better.

5ass
07-24-2016, 07:47 PM
sixers and nets over heat? thats low man

Sorry, but I'm assuming Bosh will be out all year. They could be better than the sixers, but I don't think the Nets are going to be that bad next year. I think they'll be closer to 30 wins than 20.

DamnGoat
07-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Yes. There's only one shooter in that line up, and I don't think he's starting material. You have three ball dominant guards. I also dont think they have much depth, and I think butler will miss the same amount as games as he did last year and the two seasons prior. Its not so much that they got worse, but other teams got better.
Spacing is definitely a concern with the Bulls. I think if they'd have known Wade was coming, they likely don't sign Rondo. But there's plenty of shooting on the bench with McDermott, Canaan, Valentine and hopefully Portis can improve his 3pt shot this season, plus Mirotic is a very good catch & shoot 3pt shooter. There's enough there to mix & match so that you don't have your ball dominant guards on the floor together all the time.

I don't expect the Bulls to be great, and I don't think any Bulls fans are either, but just based on talent alone, they should be improved over last season. Wade is an improvement over Rose, Rondo (while I'm still not much of a fan) is a capable PG and what they'll get from Mirotic/Lopez up front will likely be better than what Gasol gave them last year (which was good offense, next to nothing defensively).

Crackadalic
07-24-2016, 08:00 PM
I don't understand the Celtics love being a sure fire top 3 seed

IT is a hell of a player but I can't see him having a repeat all star performance. Borderline all star for sure.

They added horford but it still doesn't solve their rebounding woes. Not enough shot creators either. Nice role players and decent starters.

They lost turner who I think is a huge lost honestly. He was their huge 6th man.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2016, 09:06 PM

IT is a hell of a player but I can't see him having a repeat all star performance. Borderline all star for sure.

They added horford but it still doesn't solve their rebounding woes. Not enough shot creators either. Nice role players and decent starters.

They lost turner who I think is a huge lost honestly. He was their huge 6th man.

I mean, they did have the third most wins in the conference and would've gotten the third seed had the NBA completely abolished the division champion rules. They also got better on paper this off-season too, and have an improving core.

That's not to say I'm guaranteeing they're gonna be so great, but it's reasonable for that to happen. There's nothing to suggest that IT will "regress" yet.

xxplayerxx23
07-24-2016, 10:04 PM
Can't wait on the season

bucketss
07-24-2016, 10:25 PM
Cleveland
Toronto
Indiana
Chicago
Boston
ATL
Charlotte
Detroit

Crackadalic
07-24-2016, 11:35 PM
I mean, they did have the third most wins in the conference and would've gotten the third seed had the NBA completely abolished the division champion rules. They also got better on paper this off-season too, and have an improving core.

That's not to say I'm guaranteeing they're gonna be so great, but it's reasonable for that to happen. There's nothing to suggest that IT will "regress" yet.

Division winners were abolish. I feel like they are still a sure top 5 team even though the 3-12 talent wise isn't all that different

I guess regress wasn't the right word. I'm looking at as he caught guys by surprise with his all star campaign so I can see a bit of a drop off seeing that teams will now game plan him even more next season. Still think he is a borderline all star though

xxplayerxx23
07-24-2016, 11:51 PM
Cleveland
Toronto
Indiana
Chicago
Boston
ATL
Charlotte
Detroit

Chicago way to high

murphturph
07-25-2016, 12:28 AM
Cavs
Raptors
Celtics
Pacers
Hawks
Pistons
Bulls
Hornets

More-Than-Most
07-25-2016, 02:11 AM
I will where a sig of anyones choosing for the rest of my time on PSD if the sixers win less than 25 games..... I think they win 30 games this year because Embiid is the god the NBA needs and the GOD the sixers deserve Embiid if he is the starter will average 22/11/4/2 this year

sharqstealth
07-25-2016, 02:19 AM
1. Cle
2. NY
3. Det
4. Tor
5. Ind
6. Bos
7. Cha
8. Atl

IKAZ
07-25-2016, 06:09 AM
Boston lovers have too much hope on al horford.. you project that horford will put Boston over Toronto?
Celtics guys? really.. anyone here watch Toronto last year... lost carroll most of the season and a lotta young kids comin up..

my predictions:

1) Cleveland
2) Toronto
3) New York
4) Indiana
5) Detroit
6) Chicago
7) Boston
8) Charlotte

wolf15walk
07-25-2016, 07:06 AM
I think your going to see a few teams drop out of the playoffs from last year.

1. Cavs (like somebody else said there not going to exert themselves for the top spot, could still get to finals playing on the road)
2. Raptors (really only the true #2 team behind cavs)
3. Wizards (bounce back, like wall and beal to much)
4. Pistons
5. Celtics
6. Pacers
7. Bulls (brought in enough healthy talent to make playoffs, just won't be competing for titles any time soon)
8. Bucks (hope they sneak in, Giannis is fun to watch)

9. CHA (they'll take a step back, but the year after should be back and even better)
10. Heat
11. Knicks (I think this team doesn't work at all, and think about moving melo after years end)
12. atl (every year I think there going to have a huge drop off)
13. Orl
14. Nets
15. Phi

This is going be interesting to say the least, I honestly don't see the love for Knicks. Your getting two players on the back end of there careers, rose is half the player he used to be. Still better than most, but not enough.

IKAZ
07-25-2016, 07:34 AM
fudge i forgot the wizards lol but then again there is bradley beal...

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 08:35 AM
I will where a sig of anyones choosing for the rest of my time on PSD if the sixers win less than 25 games..... I think they win 30 games this year because Embiid is the god the NBA needs and the GOD the sixers deserve Embiid if he is the starter will average 22/11/4/2 this year

dude, stop. thats outrageous to suggest.

warfelg
07-25-2016, 09:21 AM
dude, stop. thats outrageous to suggest.

I'm bullish on Embiid and even I think that's quite out there. 16/9/3 is what he'll likely have at the end of the year. Too bad Simmons will post a 18/9/9.

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 09:49 AM
i think thats crazy to say for Simmons too. Embiids per game numbers wont look that flashy with his limited mins anyway. Of course i hope im wrong but if those 2 put up anything close to those numbers we are going to the playoffs and thats not really realsitic

warfelg
07-25-2016, 09:57 AM
They can realistically put up those numbers and still miss the playoffs. RoCo is still streaky, as is Henderson and Bayless. Sergio is a strong vet bench player, Saric will be decent but outside of that and the Okafor/Noel/Embiid deal this team still doesn't have a lot.

We got 17/8 from Okafor, 14/6 from RoCo, 15/7(assist) from Ish last year and missed the playoffs. I don't think a third player will give us that level production this year.

I also expect a few blowout games where Embiid/Simmons get to stat pile in the 4th quarter.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 10:04 AM
The only team I can't speak on is Miami because I have no idea how the Bosh situation plays out...

Cavs
Knicks
Detroit
Boston
ATL
Bulls
Torronto
Indiana

Washington
Milwaukee
Orlando
Charlotte
Nets

Philly

Green_Monster
07-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Boston lovers have too much hope on al horford.. you project that horford will put Boston over Toronto?
Celtics guys? really.. anyone here watch Toronto last year... lost carroll most of the season and a lotta young kids comin up..

my predictions:

1) Cleveland
2) Toronto
3) New York
4) Indiana
5) Detroit
6) Chicago
7) Boston
8) Charlotte

Acquiring Horford certainly doesn't take them from the third best record to the seventh.

mia1619
07-25-2016, 10:17 AM
If Bosh can play the Heat will fall anywhere from 6-9 or so. IF he can't they are going to tank I believe so that they can actually utilize one of the few first rounders they have over the next few years. But If Bosh plays and Winslow and Richardson keep developing, especially Winslow, this team will be very competitive.

Dragic
Richardson
Winslow
Bosh
Whiteside

Is really solid especially with some of the younger guys and athletic guys they have coming off the bench.

Hardaway Here
07-25-2016, 10:18 AM
People having Heat in the bottom 3. Someone had the Heat at 21 wins. Severely getting underrated here. I can't wait for the season. I'm not saying they will be a top team, but I don't see them not making the playoffs. A lot of unknowns in the East this season. So the clear consensus with people downing the Heat is just comical to me. Outside of 3 teams I really see the East being wide open.

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 10:23 AM
They can realistically put up those numbers and still miss the playoffs. RoCo is still streaky, as is Henderson and Bayless. Sergio is a strong vet bench player, Saric will be decent but outside of that and the Okafor/Noel/Embiid deal this team still doesn't have a lot.

We got 17/8 from Okafor, 14/6 from RoCo, 15/7(assist) from Ish last year and missed the playoffs. I don't think a third player will give us that level production this year.

I also expect a few blowout games where Embiid/Simmons get to stat pile in the 4th quarter.

i mean you just predicted that Simmons falls 1 reb and 1 ast short of a triple double as a rookie and do you know how many players avg 24/11/4 in a season? Those are HOF numbers from 2 rookies with one over 2 years removed from a real live game and one who will struggle to shoot early on.

i think something like 14-16/7/4 is more realistic for Simmons and i couldnt even begin to predict what am Embiid line would look like this year.

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 10:24 AM
The only team I can't speak on is Miami because I have no idea how the Bosh situation plays out...

Cavs
Knicks
Detroit
Boston
ATL
Bulls
Torronto
Indiana

Washington
Milwaukee
Orlando
Charlotte
Nets

Philly

not sure whats funnier having NYK at 2 or the continued Sixers hate.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 10:37 AM
not sure whats funnier having NYK at 2 or the continued Sixers hate.

Sleep on the Knicks at your own peril.

If you think predicting the Sixers will be anything higher than last place in the east is "hating" then I'm not sure what to tell you. They have like 4 centers on the roster, one of which has yet to play a single game. What team are they better than?

If you were to ask Sixers officials themselves they'd probably tell you they will finish last. A more competitive last then during Hinkies tankfest, but still last.

mia1619
07-25-2016, 10:44 AM

If you think predicting the Sixers will be anything higher than last place in the east is "hating" then I'm not sure what to tell you. They have like 4 centers on the roster, one of which has yet to play a single game. What team are they better than?

If you were to ask Sixers officials themselves they'd probably tell you they will finish last. A more competitive last then during Hinkies tankfest, but still last.

knicks fans overrating their team? shocking

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 10:48 AM

it was the giant gap you have them below BK who we will be better than. Wouldnt argue with anyone to pick us in last i just know youre an active sixers troll/hater.

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 10:51 AM
MIA lost Wade, JJ & Deng and replaced them with not much. that was a veteran WIN NOW team, now they have Dragic & Whiteside and youngsters who are not ready to win yet... I don't think Dragic & Whiteside is enough or better than what other teams in the East have.

They are going to have no shooting in their starting lineup either outside of an unproven Richardson or TJ.

Without Bosh they are going to be in serious trouble.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 11:00 AM
it was the giant gap you have them below BK who we will be better than. Wouldnt argue with anyone to pick us in last i just know youre an active sixers troll/hater.

But there will be a big gap between them and the next bad team. That's no shade, that's the truth unless you think Simmons and company will drastically improve the win column.

You can't call somebody a hater for stating the obvious....well I guess if you're sensitive you can but that still doesn't make it so.

Clint Olbrock
07-25-2016, 11:37 AM
With or without Bosh the Heat aren't making the playoffs, that's pretty common knowledge.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2016, 11:47 AM
1) Cavs
2) TOR
3) BOS
4) IND
5) ATL
6) NY
7) CHI
8) WAS

9) CHA
10) MIL
11) DET
12) ORL
13) MIA
14) PHI
15) BRK

BUT I think there's so much wiggle room. #1 is set. I think #2-4 could change though. And I think #5-12 is kind if interchangeable too.

the east is impossible to guess. Remember last year, when seeds 3-10 were all within 7 games of each other?

WaDe03
07-25-2016, 12:30 PM
Cavs
Toronto
Bulls
Boston
Pacers
Hawks
Pistons
Knicks

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 12:34 PM
But there will be a big gap between them and the next bad team. That's no shade, that's the truth unless you think Simmons and company will drastically improve the win column.

You can't call somebody a hater for stating the obvious....well I guess if you're sensitive you can but that still doesn't make it so.

youre literally the only one who has posted such a drastic gap, any gap in fact, from the Sixers to the next worst team. We obviously will win more games this year, youre delusional if you think otherwise. The nets are the worst team in the league, we should be better than them.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 12:58 PM
youre literally the only one who has posted such a drastic gap, any gap in fact, from the Sixers to the next worst team. We obviously will win more games this year, youre delusional if you think otherwise. The nets are the worst team in the league, we should be better than them.

You're saying you will be better than the Nets based off what? Unless you know about a trade pending that we don't you guys are logjam up front, questionable at pg, and overall inexperienced.

I'm giving you facts, you're giving nothing but your unfounded opinion.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2016, 01:02 PM

Brooklyn should compete for the last spot out east. Philly should finally have some talent to compete, especially later in the season. Brooklyn looks like a mess on paper.

warfelg
07-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Brooklyn should compete for the last spot out east. Philly should finally have some talent to compete, especially later in the season. Brooklyn looks like a mess on paper.

I know I'm biased in this, but if you were ranking players from both teams you would have at lease Simmons, Embiid (assuming health), and maybe Saric and Okafor before Brook Lopez right? And then another group of Sixers before the next Net.

IKnowHoops
07-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Chicago vs NY is going to be must see TV for me next year. I'm definitely getting the NBA package next year, I'm just wondering if I do my favorite 5 or if I just go with the entire league package. My favorite 5 teams for 29.99 or the entire league for 49.99 (per month). Decisions

Sadds The Gr8
07-25-2016, 01:22 PM

https://youtu.be/PlzR4XsG6t8?t=906

ManRam
07-25-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm starting to form a stronger opinion on the Bulls. I think they very well could be worse next year than they were last season, if for no other reason than the rest of the East being better. Rondo/Wade/Butler has to be the worst shooting 1-3 in the NBA. Probably isn't close. Neither are the defenders their reputations would lead you to believe, either. I'm curious how the three of them gel. We'll see how Nikola bounces back, and maybe Portis has an impact, it's a good-not-great front court. I don't know if Taj is being shopped still or not, either. Worse than the Bulls have had in years (well, maybe besides last). Grant, Valentine, McDermott, etc. probably can't be relied upon to provide super consistent minutes either.

They'll be interesting, and certainly feel a bit impossible to predict...like almost every other team...but I'm skeptical as to how it all works out for them.

warfelg
07-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Chicago vs NY is going to be must see TV for me next year. I'm definitely getting the NBA package next year, I'm just wondering if I do my favorite 5 or if I just go with the entire league package. My favorite 5 teams for 29.99 or the entire league for 49.99 (per month). Decisions

So basically $6 per team a month (fav 5) or $1.67 per team for a month (all 30)?

FOXHOUND
07-25-2016, 01:27 PM
I know I'm biased in this, but if you were ranking players from both teams you would have at lease Simmons, Embiid (assuming health), and maybe Saric and Okafor before Brook Lopez right? And then another group of Sixers before the next Net.

Unless Brook Lopez gets a serious injury, Philly is very likely to still be last in the east. They won 10-games last year, very clearly last in the entire NBA.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2016, 01:32 PM

The only hesitancy I have is the Sixers will have a few guys, though talented, that have never played an NBA game getting a lot of minutes. That usually means losses....

But on paper, I like their team more than Brooklyn for sure.

warfelg
07-25-2016, 01:42 PM
Unless Brook Lopez gets a serious injury, Philly is very likely to still be last in the east. They won 10-games last year, very clearly last in the entire NBA.

Yet the Nets managed to get worse while we got better. They took away their second best player and replaced him with a bench PG.

Green_Monster
07-25-2016, 01:54 PM

I don't see how you can put any of those guys ahead of Lopez going into the season. Three of them haven't played in the NBA and Lopez was better than Okafor last year.

FOXHOUND
07-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Yet the Nets managed to get worse while we got better. They took away their second best player and replaced him with a bench PG.

I'm not sure if the Nets got worse or not. They made an improvement in coaching, IMO, and I don't think Thaddeus Young is a big deal one way or the other. Jeremy Lin isn't really a drop off from him and Bogdanovic had a "big" jump after the break.

I mean, they're still going to suck, but how many wins are you expecting the 76ers to get? I'm thinking late teens/early 20's. I'm not convinced that Ben Simmons is going to make a big win total difference in year 1 when he couldn't even make it to the tourney in college. Embiid hasn't played a game in 2 1/2 years. They have an insane log jam that is going to severely limit how much their top talent can actually contribute each game.

Of course Philly can still make a trade to clear that log jam and add much needed talent to the backcourt, but as of now they still look pretty bad.

warfelg
07-25-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure if the Nets got worse or not. They made an improvement in coaching, IMO, and I don't think Thaddeus Young is a big deal one way or the other. Jeremy Lin isn't really a drop off from him and Bogdanovic had a "big" jump after the break.

I mean, they're still going to suck, but how many wins are you expecting the 76ers to get? I'm thinking late teens/early 20's. I'm not convinced that Ben Simmons is going to make a big win total difference in year 1 when he couldn't even make it to the tourney in college. Embiid hasn't played a game in 2 1/2 years. They have an insane log jam that is going to severely limit how much their top talent can actually contribute each game.

Of course Philly can still make a trade to clear that log jam and add much needed talent to the backcourt, but as of now they still look pretty bad.

I got the Sixers in the 22-28 win range and the Nets in the 18-24 range.

Also you are really underrating Thad if you think him and Lin are on the same level.

RLundi
07-25-2016, 02:29 PM
1. Cleveland (60-22)- Without any real challengers in the eastern conference, Cleveland will coast to 60 wins and a number 1 seed.

2. Toronto (52-30)- I expect a little regression here. It seemed as if everything went Toronto's way last season. I expect a tumultuous relationship between Lowry and DeRozan after the latter's big deal: whose team is it now? As a result, I think the team's chemistry suffers some, but not enough that the Raps won't be the second seed.

3. Boston (50-32)- The Celtics' improvement will be marginal in the win column. Horford is a nice addition, but I don't expect Isiah Thomas to have a magical season like he did last year. Still, C's have enough to be one of the few elite teams in the east next season.

4. Atlanta (48-34)- The Dwight Howard signing doesn't receive as much credit as it should. With him patrolling the paint, Shroeder causing havoc with his quickness, and Budenholzer's general mastery, I expect the Hawks to remain in contention.

5. Detroit (48-34)- On February 16, the Pistons stood at 27-27. Then they made a trade to acquire Tobias Harris. Since then, they went 17-11 the rest of the way, winning games at a .600 clip. Extrapolated for a full season nets Detroit 48 wins.

6. Charlotte (44-38)- Consider me one of the ones that did not love Charlotte's offseason. Sure, they resigned Batum but letting Jefferson go will hurt. Without his low-post presence but with the addition of Kidd-Gilchrist from injury, the Hornets will still be a playoff team.

7. Indiana (43-39)- The Pacers will miss Vogel more than they think. They want to be a team that runs but their acquisitions -- particularly the aforementioned Jefferson -- do not seem to coincide with that. The mismatched pieces will not disrupt a playoff berth, however.

8. Washington (42-40)- The Wizards did not play up to expectations after being one of the elite eastern conference teams in 2014, and they won't do so for a second straight year. But Wall, Beal, and Gortat will be enough to hold off the hungry Bucks and Magic teams for at least another year.

9. Milwaukee (41-41)
10. Orlando (38-44)
11. Chicago (38-44)
12. New York (37-45)
13. Miami (32-50)
14. Philadelphia (28-54)
15. Brooklyn (26-56)

nycericanguy
07-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Thad sucks, I think Lin will have a much bigger impact, Nets had no PG last year.

Brook-Lin should be a good P&R combo, and Lin has always done well when teams let him have the ball in his hands a lot. I think without another ball dominant guard in BK, Lin will do very well and put up career high numbers.

TheDish87
07-25-2016, 02:49 PM
I don't see how you can put any of those guys ahead of Lopez going into the season. Three of them haven't played in the NBA and Lopez was better than Okafor last year.

i mean in his 8th year Lopez was slightly better than Okafor as a rookie. I think most would take Oak going forward.

FOXHOUND
07-25-2016, 02:55 PM
I got the Sixers in the 22-28 win range and the Nets in the 18-24 range.

Also you are really underrating Thad if you think him and Lin are on the same level.

I think your Nets range is right but that your Sixers range is high.

Nah, I think Lin could have put up some decent numbers on a crappy team too and expect him to do that this year.

Green_Monster
07-25-2016, 03:02 PM
i mean in his 8th year Lopez was slightly better than Okafor as a rookie. I think most would take Oak going forward.

Lopez was a good amount better, not slightly better. If you just look at offense, sure, Lopez was only slightly better.

Okafor was horrific on defense, and while Lopez isn't great there either, he was significantly better.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2016, 03:20 PM
The Nets had a coach firing, a GM firing, a season ending injury to their pg, a buyout of Joe Johnson, amidst other turmoil and was still 11 games better than Philly last season.

There is nothing that has transpired to lead me to believe this Nets team will be significantly worse than last years team that was better than Philly. In fact the team might actually be better.

Philly won 10 games last year.

They need to win 20 games just to have a 10 game improvement.

JordansBulls
07-25-2016, 04:07 PM
1. Cleveland (60-22)- Without any real challengers in the eastern conference, Cleveland will coast to 60 wins and a number 1 seed.

2. Toronto (52-30)- I expect a little regression here. It seemed as if everything went Toronto's way last season. I expect a tumultuous relationship between Lowry and DeRozan after the latter's big deal: whose team is it now? As a result, I think the team's chemistry suffers some, but not enough that the Raps won't be the second seed.

3. Boston (50-32)- The Celtics' improvement will be marginal in the win column. Horford is a nice addition, but I don't expect Isiah Thomas to have a magical season like he did last year. Still, C's have enough to be one of the few elite teams in the east next season.

4. Atlanta (48-34)- The Dwight Howard signing doesn't receive as much credit as it should. With him patrolling the paint, Shroeder causing havoc with his quickness, and Budenholzer's general mastery, I expect the Hawks to remain in contention.

5. Detroit (48-34)- On February 16, the Pistons stood at 27-27. Then they made a trade to acquire Tobias Harris. Since then, they went 17-11 the rest of the way, winning games at a .600 clip. Extrapolated for a full season nets Detroit 48 wins.

6. Charlotte (44-38)- Consider me one of the ones that did not love Charlotte's offseason. Sure, they resigned Batum but letting Jefferson go will hurt. Without his low-post presence but with the addition of Kidd-Gilchrist from injury, the Hornets will still be a playoff team.

7. Indiana (43-39)- The Pacers will miss Vogel more than they think. They want to be a team that runs but their acquisitions -- particularly the aforementioned Jefferson -- do not seem to coincide with that. The mismatched pieces will not disrupt a playoff berth, however.

8. Washington (42-40)- The Wizards did not play up to expectations after being one of the elite eastern conference teams in 2014, and they won't do so for a second straight year. But Wall, Beal, and Gortat will be enough to hold off the hungry Bucks and Magic teams for at least another year.

9. Milwaukee (41-41)
10. Orlando (38-44)
11. Chicago (38-44)
12. New York (37-45)
13. Miami (32-50)
14. Philadelphia (28-54)
15. Brooklyn (26-56)

So the Bulls are going to be worse than last year?

RLundi
07-25-2016, 07:24 PM
So the Bulls are going to be worse than last year?

Not necessarily worse. But other teams will have improved enough to take a couple of games away from the Bulls in the win column. Banking on Wade to be healthy is generally wishful thinking. Rondo is a notorious stat-padder and I don't particularly think he helps teams win games. Also, Chicago will have one of the worst shooting teams in the league next year with a coach who doesn't have good chemistry with its star player. All of that, while playing in what will probably be a very deep conference. Chicago can certainly make the playoffs, but I think they have a lot going against them this year.

Heediot
07-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Shooting is nice, but a team like Memphis has proven you can grind it out with a team lacking shooters.

RLundi
07-25-2016, 08:00 PM
Shooting is nice, but a team like Memphis has proven you can grind it out with a team lacking shooters.

True, but they had two efficient low-post scorers for years in Randolph and Gasol. Chicago has zero. Apples and oranges.

North Yorker
07-25-2016, 08:16 PM
ESPN's Eastern Conference Forecast (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17131133/2016-summer-forecast-east-standings)

1. CLE: 57-25
T2. BOS: 51-31
T2. TOR: 51-31
T4. DET: 45-37
T4. IND: 45-37
6. ATL: 44-38
7. CHA: 43-39
8. WSH: 41-41

T9. NYK: 40-42
T9. CHI: 40-42
11. MIL: 39-43
12. MIA: 36-46
13. ORL: 35-47
T14. PHI: 20-62
T14. BKN: 20-62

JordansBulls
07-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Not necessarily worse. But other teams will have improved enough to take a couple of games away from the Bulls in the win column. Banking on Wade to be healthy is generally wishful thinking. Rondo is a notorious stat-padder and I don't particularly think he helps teams win games. Also, Chicago will have one of the worst shooting teams in the league next year with a coach who doesn't have good chemistry with its star player. All of that, while playing in what will probably be a very deep conference. Chicago can certainly make the playoffs, but I think they have a lot going against them this year.

We didn't really have shooting in 2011 but still had the best record nor really an inside game. Also the Heat in 2006 really didn't have good shooting either.

Silent
07-25-2016, 08:40 PM

why not? there pretty even and if ny has any injuries between Rose Noah and Melo game over, Rose is already thinking about his next big payday

Crackadalic
07-25-2016, 09:44 PM
ESPN's Eastern Conference Forecast (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17131133/2016-summer-forecast-east-standings)

1. CLE: 57-25
T2. BOS: 51-31
T2. TOR: 51-31
T4. DET: 45-37
T4. IND: 45-37
6. ATL: 44-38
7. CHA: 43-39
8. WSH: 41-41

T9. NYK: 40-42
T9. CHI: 40-42
11. MIL: 39-43
12. MIA: 36-46
13. ORL: 35-47
T14. PHI: 20-62
T14. BKN: 20-62

Not even mad with this prediction. 4-12 is so hard to predict because the talent level isn't all superior from one another that a team like Knicks/bulls/bucks could make the playoffs and it wouldn't be any different.

Injuries and fit is what keeps the other teams out of the playoffs so I'm not mad about but let's see how it turns out. I'm definitely watching more east games this year then the west

Shammyguy3
07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
We didn't really have shooting in 2011 but still had the best record nor really an inside game. Also the Heat in 2006 really didn't have good shooting either.

The 2011 Bulls had the best defense, the COY, and an MVP in Rose (even if he was only the 3rd most deserving player that year, he was still a top-7 player). They were also so a respectable team from three, 17th most attempts, 15th in makes, and 13th in percentage. This Bulls team may or may not be respectable from deep, but they will not have the best defense, will not have a COY player, and is highly doubtful to have a top MVP candidate with players like Rondo/Wade taking the ball from Butler more than he's dealt with with Rose/Pau.

lol, please
07-26-2016, 02:06 AM
Do it.

Raptors
Knicks
Cavaliers
Bulls
Celtics
Pacers
Hawks
Hornets

TheDish87
07-26-2016, 08:59 AM
1. Cavs
2. Pacers
3. Raptors
4. Celtics
5. Pistons
6. Hawks
7. Bucks
8. Hornets

Wiz
Magic
Bulls
Knicks
Heat
Sixers
Nets

Vampirate
07-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Raptors
Knicks
Cavaliers
Bulls
Celtics
Pacers
Hawks
Hornets

I can see Toronto being 1st IF they don't slow down from last year and the parting of Biyombo doesn't really hurt then and IF Cleveland sort of takes it easy in the RS. Not saying likely but possible.

There's no way I see NY having a better record than Cleveland.

Cleveland's RS floor is the 2nd seed imo. No other team in the East can say that.

mightybosstone
07-26-2016, 11:06 AM
This gets really, really tough after the first three teams, but this is just my best approximation with the acquisitions that have been made so far this offseason:
1. Cleveland (60-62 wins)
2. Toronto (56-68 wins)
3. Boston (54-56 wins)
4. Indiana (48-50 wins)
5. Detroit (46-48 wins)
6. New York (44-46 wins)
7. Atlanta (44-46 wins)
8. Charlotte (42-44 wins)

Just outside, looking in:
9. Washington (40-42 wins)
10. Orlando (40-42 wins)
11. Chicago (38-40 wins)

New York, Chicago and Atlanta are so freaking hard to predict. I still think Atlanta has enough talent to remain a playoff team and that New York has done enough to make itself somewhat relevant again. However, I'm not at all a fan of what Chicago has done. And even if that team stays healthy, I think it will fall somewhere in that 7-11 range. I like Orlando and Milwaukee, but not enough to make them playoff teams yet.

BoSox47
07-26-2016, 01:01 PM
Is this the year the East finally passes the west as the better league or does everyone still think it will be another year or 2 for that to happen?

WaDe03
07-26-2016, 01:21 PM
You're kidding yourself if you don't think a team led by Wade and Butler will make the playoffs.

Crackadalic
07-26-2016, 01:31 PM
You're kidding yourself if you don't think a team led by Wade and Butler will make the playoffs.

I was surprise Pre injured melo/Amare/Tyson miss the playoffs too. Fit means everything in the NBA and the bulls don't fit with Rondo/Wade/Butler. They might out talent some teams and win that way but its not sustainable in a 82 game setting.

mightybosstone
07-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Raptors
Knicks
Cavaliers
Bulls
Celtics
Pacers
Hawks
Hornets

You don't honestly believe this, do you? Like I know you're borderline insane with your homerism at times, but are you so jaded and dense that you honestly think Cleveland will finish third in the East after winning the Finals and dominating the conference a year ago?

HeartOfStarks
07-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Cavs
Hawks
Raps
Boston
Indy
Detroit
Knicks
Bulls

Non Playoff:
Magic
Heat
Bucks
Wizards
Hornets
Sixers
Nets

It's tough to predict though. Knicks could have bad injuries and miss the playoffs by a mile. Magic could have a great year and make it. Heat, if Bosh is healthy and plays the whole season, could make it. I wouldn't be shocked if the Wizards got back in this year either.

Also think the Sixers will make nice strides this year but are still at least a year or two away from making it. I predict a bad year from Charlotte, not sure why people are putting them in there, they lost a lot this offseason IMO.

lol, please
07-26-2016, 03:23 PM
You don't honestly believe this, do you? Like I know you're borderline insane with your homerism at times, but are you so jaded and dense that you honestly think Cleveland will finish third in the East after winning the Finals and dominating the conference a year ago?

Teams like the Celtics, Bulls, and Knicks have gotten infititely better, and the Raptors should at very least remain the same.

I don't think it's that outlandish. The Cavaliers might dominate, but I expect the race in the east to be much, much closer.

As a Rockets fan you should know how much a team can change in one season.

hugepatsfan
07-26-2016, 03:26 PM

Well last year there was a 4 way tie for 3rd best record... MIA/ATL/BOS/CHA

MIA obviously doesn't figure to be in that conversation with Wade gone. CHA lost a couple of key bench pieces and added nothing of significance. ATL is the same team swapping Horford for Dwight (downgrade on paper though so stylistically different). They also downgraded backup PG but upgraded wing depth in the draft.

So those 3 teams are all worse/push. BOS on the other hand is easily better than last year talent wise. I agree that losing Turner could hurt (unless Rozier emerges or Smart improves) but adding Horford is obviously a net positive. So off of last year's standings they're easily the team you'd pick to stay #3.

A lot of other teams improved in the East too. IND, DET, CHI, NY all figure to be better but on paper I think you have to predict that BOS, who also improved themselves, to be ahead of them as things stand right now. IMO they're easily the favorite for #3 but we'll see what happens when the games actually start.

nycericanguy
07-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Cavs roster looks really thin right now... I know Delly & Mosgov didn't play all that much in the playoffs, but in the regular season they were big contributors. at least in terms of bench pieces.

They both played almost every game and combined for 42mpg... that's a lot of minutes for CLE to replace.

Lebron isn't getting any younger and has tons of miles on him, he hasn't been injury prone, but Love & Irving kinda have. Cavs are a Lebron injury away from slipping too...

nycericanguy
07-26-2016, 03:40 PM
Hornets lost a lot of pieces too, Lin, Lee & Al Jeff... they could easily fall out of the top 8.

mightybosstone
07-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Teams like the Celtics, Bulls, and Knicks have gotten infititely better, and the Raptors should at very least remain the same.

I don't think it's that outlandish. The Cavaliers might dominate, but I expect the race in the east to be much, much closer.

As a Rockets fan you should know how much a team can change in one season.

Yes, yes it is. Cleveland can get the No. 1 seed with its arms tied behind its back. Barring Toronto or Boston playing out of their minds, it's extremely unlikely either team would surpass them in the standings barring a major injury. And New York? That has to be a joke. Adding washed-up, injury-prone versions of Rose and Noah and Courtney Lee does not make them 25+ games better, and they'll need to win that many games (57+) to finish with a better record than the Cavs.

You can sig quote me on this. If New York finishes with a better record than Cleveland this year (barring a significant injury obviously), I will quit PSD forever.

Silent
07-26-2016, 08:19 PM

i have to agree with you

TylerSL
07-26-2016, 10:12 PM
1. Cleveland Cavaliers 61-21
Lebron will have another MVP type year and average 26/7/7 and Kyrie will become an even bigger contributor, becoming Lebron's second teammate to average 20+ a game, probably 23/5/3. They'll be the top seed and it will be business as usual for them. Easily the heavy heavy favorites.

2. Boston Celtics 53-29
The Celtics won 48 games last year without a superstar. While it's arguable they still do not have a "superstar" they have a much better team. Isiah Thomas is very underrated who is the bedrock of the team and will only get better. They will see improvement from their supporting cast and IMO they were 100% CORRECT in taking Jaylen Brown #3 overall because he is going to be a star. Lastly, the addition of Horford really makes them one star level player away from really competing. If they land either Westbrook or Blake in a trade or next summer, watch out for Boston. They are close!

3. Toronto Raptors 51-31
This team just came off their greatest season in history but I feel that, while they will still be very good, they will take somewhat of a step back. First of all the conference, and the league as a whole, is better than it was a year ago and secondly, the loss of Biyombo makes them weaker. I'm not going to overrate him and say they take a huge step backwards, but they will be weaker in the paint and the competition will be a bit better, hence they take a small step back. Lowry and Derozan probably won't show improvement, rather continue to be who they are.

4. Detroit Pistons 47-35
These guys will have one of the best defenses in the NBA and their young players will continue to improve. Do not surprised if this team meets the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals next season. Drummond will average close to 15 RPG again and will improve offensively. They will grind out games and win more than people expect.

5. New York Knicks 45-37
Yes the New York Knicks will 45 games! The Knicks will be better than people think because Kristaps Porzingis is going to take a big leap. He is going to be a superstar in the league and superstars take big steps in their 2nd year, he is no exception. Add to that Carmelo who is still a premiere scorer in the league and Derrick Rose who will have a much healthier season. Rose bounced back from his injuries and played in 66 games last year and this season he will play in 75! Noah may only play around 50 games and that will keep this team from being better, but New York fans should be excited about this upcoming season.

6. Chicago Bulls 44-38
Dywane Wade and Jimmy Butler will work well together, even if they are not known for their outside shot. However adding Rondo to the mix makes things difficult for the Bulls. If they want to maximize their potential next season they should try to dump Rondo in December and get an outside shooting point. As it stands Chicago is going to be one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league next season, having just one player on the roster who shot 40% or better from 3 last year (McDermott). They will need to have a great defense if they expect to win games if they can't hit 3's (they were 15th in defensive efficiency last year). That said, they will see improvement from some of their young guys and Dwyane Wade is THE BEST 4th quarter closer in the league today (yes I said it) and he will be motivated to play well for his childhood home town (because Miami is his 1st home). He will win them several close games in the 4th, just like he has his entire career.

7. Indiana Pacers 43-39
This team still has a way to go to move up the rung in the conference, but Paul George is great and will make this team respectable. I do not believe Al Jefferson is the player he once was and will see a noticeable drop in production so do not be surprised if Myles Turner is starting at Center for Indiana by season's end. Jeff Teague is a nice pickup but they will be a bad defensive team next year. In general, Larry Bird has this team headed in the wrong direction and if he doesn't start fixing it soon, there will come a day when he will need to trade Paul George.

8. Charlotte Hornets 42-40
I believe Kemba Walker will carry this team into the playoffs but they are going to take a noticeable step back next season. First they are not as deep and second they will be a worse defensive team than they were a year ago. MKG is has slowly improved his offensive game but he is still lacking on the side of the ball, and Frank Kaminsky still has a ways to go when it comes to being a productive player. He was an underwhelming offensive threat and a bad defender a year ago. Long story short they have not been developing their young guys very well, which is concerning for their long term future. We'll see where they go but I see them being worse than they were a year ago, and possibly back in the lottery soon (along with Indiana).

9. Atlanta Hawks 40-42
Dwight Howard may have his best season since 13-14, his 1st season in Houston where he averaged 20.6 points, 14.5 rebounds per game, but it will not be enough for the Hawks. Atlanta really hurt themselves by letting Jeff Teague go as I believe he would have played well with Dwight. Milsap will have a good year but Atlanta simply does not have the perimeter talent to succeed. They will be a tough defensive and rebounding team, but until they get better on the perimeter they will be on the outside looking in.

10. Washington Wizards 38-44
The noise for the Wizards to trade John Wall will get start to get louder when they have another disappointing season. The Wizards won't be good enough to get into the playoffs and they won't be bad enough to get a top 5 pick, maybe not even top 10. They just might be in the worst position in all of basketball next season (besides the Nets who almost so bad they shouldn't count). Beal's contract will probably be a sore thumb for the franchise, especially if continues to play less than 60 games/season. Expect another bad but not bad enough season for Washington.

11. Orlando Magic 36-46
Orlando is kind of stuck in the same place they were a year ago. They trade away a future asset who could actually help them next season (Oladipo) for a role player on a contending team. While still just 26 years old, Ibaka probably will not improve that much. He's been the same player for about 2 years now since he became a better outside shooter. The Oladipo/Ibaka swap was also bad for Orlando because it clogs the post up. Are they really going to play Aaron Gordon less minutes next year in favor of Ibaka and put his development in jeopardy? It will interesting to see how they get all of Vucevic/Ibaka/Biyombo/Gordon the minutes they will need. On top of that they don't the perimeter talent needed to win at a high level.

12. Miami Heat 34-48
I will start by saying I believe that Chris Bosh WILL NOT play next season. Miami still has young talent on the roster but it won't help them much next season. Outside of Hassan Whiteside and Goran Dragic, we don't have much that can help us next season. I believe Dragic will have a career year next season because he will be able to run the offense he wants with Wade, Bosh, Deng, and Joe Johnson all gone. So don't be shocked if Dragic averages 18/7 next season. I believe Whiteside will be become the primary focus on offensive and he is the face of the franchise now. Last season he averaged 14/12/4 while having only the 6th most shot attempts on the team and playing under 30 minutes/game. This season he will both play more minutes and be 1st or 2nd in shots/game so I look for him to average something like 23/15/4 next season, establishing himself in the conversation with Cousins, Drummond, and Towns as one of the best centers in the league. Our young perimeter players of Winslow, Johnson, and Richardson will show some flashes of brilliance but will be too inconsistent for the team to have a good year. Outside of those guys the rest of the team will be pretty bad (don't even get me started on Dion Waiters.... :mad: ).

13. Milwaukee Bucks 33-49
They will have a hard time moving up the ranks next year and I have them finishing with the same record as last season. They will probably trade Monroe, which will likely give them no depth in the post. They got a little better on the perimeter but will mainly bank on their young guys improving, which may happen to an extent but I just don't think they are better than any of the 12 teams listed above them. Aside from that the team below them will be a TON more improved from last season compared to Milwaukee. With all that I don't really see them moving much at all in terms of win-loss record.

14. Philadelphia 76ers 28-54
The 76ers still have a ways to go but they will be very respectable next season. Ben Simmons is going to be the Rookie of the Year in a competitive race next season and he, along with Okafor and Noel, will begin to lead this team back from the depths of despair. A 28-win season would typically be a terrible season for a franchise but for Philadelphia that would be amazing. It would be their best season since 12-13 and a 22% increase in win% from a year ago. Dario Saric will also come over and probably contribute as well. With all this positive the team is still SUPER THIN at both guard positions and they HAVE to address that before they can take the next step. Still, very positive steps for the 76ers next season.

15. Brooklyn Nets 19-63
The new bottom feeders of the NBA. This team is in for some really REALLY tough years as they are devoid of talent, coaching, and picks. They went out and tried to grossly overpay for young talented restricted free agents Tyler Johnson and Allen Crabbe and they couldn't even get them because their respective teams refused to let them go. Brooklyn will probably live in the cellar of the NBA for the next 3 seasons at least and the owner will sell the team. No free agent will want to join this team and low/mid level signings like Jeremy Lin are not going to change the direction of the organization. Rest assured Nets fans because there is hope for this franchise, as there is for all franchises, but don't expect it to come for about 5 years. It's going to be a long and awful couple years for you guys.

Eastern Conference 1st round
#1 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #8 Charlotte Hornets-Cavaliers in 4
#2 Boston Celtics vs. #7 Indiana Pacers-Celtics in 5
#3 Toronto Raptors vs. #6 Chicago Bulls-Raptors in 7
#4 Detroit Pistons vs. #5 New York Knicks-Pistons in 7

Eastern Conference Semi-Finals
#1 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #4 Detroit Pistons-Cavaliers in 6
#2 Boston Celtics vs. #3 Toronto Raptors-Celtics in 6

Eastern Conference Finals
#1 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #2 Boston Celtics-Cavaliers in 6

R. Johnson#3
07-26-2016, 10:51 PM
1. Cavs
No explanation needed

2. Raps
Sully is exactly what we needed at the 4. Losing Biyombo will hurt but we're still deep and DeRozan adds to his game every year.

3. Pistons
I feel the Pistons are an incredibly well rounded team with a great coach in SVG. They got better with after adding Harris and Stanley Johnson was one of the more underrated rookies from last season. I see the Pistons grinding teams down on defense and in the paint on offense. Adding Ish Smith for depth will be good as well.

4. Celtics
I'm a huge fan of Horford and think he'll do well on the Celtics. I just think they won't be as incredible as everyone else thinks they'll be.

5. Pacers
Best off-season in the East. Myles Turner is a great player and the new additions are something to be excited about.

6. Bulls
I think everyone is taking their lack of 3pt shooting a little too harsh. They'll be a playoff team.

7. Magic
As a Raptor fan I saw the impact Biyombo had on the defensive end. On the Magic he'll be surrounded by an even better defense. I also think Aaron Gordon will take a decent step forward this year.

8. Wizards
The Wiz are a deep team with players who's roles won't get in the way of each other. Trey Burke will be a nice addition to their bench and Kieff seemed to fit in after a bit of time there. They're good enough to sneak into the playoffs

The Knicks will not be a playoff team. Porzingis is great and I fully expect him to progress this year but relying on Melo, Noah and Rose so heavily will backfire. It's a safe bet to say one of them will miss significant time. As for their bench, who is going to score points or play defense? Jennings loves to chuck and you can only imagine he'll be called upon to take shots and that's something he's not good at. If they stay healthy then they're 9th at best but I doubt it'll happen.

ccspence8
07-26-2016, 11:05 PM
Cavs
Bulls
Celtics
Raptors
Pacers
Pistons
Knicks
Wizards
===
Hornets
Hawks
Magic
Bucks
Heat
76ers
Nets

5ass
07-29-2016, 11:58 PM
ESPN:

EAST
1. Cavs - 57-25
2. Celtics - 51-31
3. Raptors - 51-31
4. Pistons - 45-37
5. Pacers - 45-37
6. Hawks - 44-38
7. Hornets - 43-49
8. Wizards - 41-41
9. Knicks - 40-42
10. Bulls - 40-42
11. Bucks - 39-43
12. Heat - 36-46
13. Magic - 35-47
14. Sixers - 20-62
15. Nets - 20-62

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17131133/2016-summer-forecast-east-standings

JordansBulls
07-30-2016, 10:03 PM
1. Chi (58-24)
2. CLE (56-26)
3. NYK (53-29)
4. Tor (52-20)
5. Bos (50-32)
6. ATL (46-36)
7. Indy (45-37)
8. Char (43-39)

MonroeFAN
07-31-2016, 06:29 AM
Not looking at anyone's predictions, I'll say:

1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Indiana
4. Toronto
5. Charlotte
6. Atlanta
7. Orlando
8. Milwaukee

9. Chicago
10. New York
11. Washington
12. Detroit
13. Miami
14. Philly
15. Brooklyn

That's interesting, since IND was basically tied with Detroit last year and added a bunch of chucking losers and lost their coach.

I can't wait until the Pistons run all over everyone of your favorite teams. lol @ Indiana.

latinofire21
07-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Cavaliers
Celtics
Raptors
Pacers
Hawks
Magic
Pistons
Bobcats
Bulls
Knicks
Bucks
Wizards
Heat
76ers
Nets

Think there is a lot wrong with your list here. Bobcats wont make the playoffs. They lost too much. Bulls aren't better than they were last year. They aren't better than the Knicks. Raptors will not have the same regular season success they have had in recent years with the East getting more rounded out and in their own division getting more competitive. I see them as a 5 or 6 seed this year.

latinofire21
07-31-2016, 09:20 AM
That's interesting, since IND was basically tied with Detroit last year and added a bunch of chucking losers and lost their coach.

I can't wait until the Pistons run all over everyone of your favorite teams. lol @ Indiana.

I agree the Pistons hate here is unreal. I suspect a lot of people didnt even keep up to date on the roster moves. Anyone listing Bobcats as a playoff bound team after losing Al Jefferson Courtney Lee and Jeremy Lin is bonkers.

In my opinion Detroit finishes higher than Toronto. Toronto wont win the division this year. They will probably land as a 5 or 6 seed.

My Rankings would be

Cleveland
Indiana
Detroit
NYK
Boston
Orlando/Toronto interchangable for this spot.
Bucks

Atlanta doesnt make the playoffs when they realize Dwight Howard will want the offense to run through him. He will ruin their chemistry.

Chicago doesnt make the playoffs when the 3 alphas but heads and no one can keep the egos in check.

latinofire21
07-31-2016, 09:30 AM
1. Cavs
No explanation needed

2. Raps
Sully is exactly what we needed at the 4. Losing Biyombo will hurt but we're still deep and DeRozan adds to his game every year.

3. Pistons
I feel the Pistons are an incredibly well rounded team with a great coach in SVG. They got better with after adding Harris and Stanley Johnson was one of the more underrated rookies from last season. I see the Pistons grinding teams down on defense and in the paint on offense. Adding Ish Smith for depth will be good as well.

4. Celtics
I'm a huge fan of Horford and think he'll do well on the Celtics. I just think they won't be as incredible as everyone else thinks they'll be.

5. Pacers
Best off-season in the East. Myles Turner is a great player and the new additions are something to be excited about.

6. Bulls
I think everyone is taking their lack of 3pt shooting a little too harsh. They'll be a playoff team.

7. Magic
As a Raptor fan I saw the impact Biyombo had on the defensive end. On the Magic he'll be surrounded by an even better defense. I also think Aaron Gordon will take a decent step forward this year.

8. Wizards
The Wiz are a deep team with players who's roles won't get in the way of each other. Trey Burke will be a nice addition to their bench and Kieff seemed to fit in after a bit of time there. They're good enough to sneak into the playoffs

The Knicks will not be a playoff team. Porzingis is great and I fully expect him to progress this year but relying on Melo, Noah and Rose so heavily will backfire. It's a safe bet to say one of them will miss significant time. As for their bench, who is going to score points or play defense? Jennings loves to chuck and you can only imagine he'll be called upon to take shots and that's something he's not good at. If they stay healthy then they're 9th at best but I doubt it'll happen.

Simply Delusional - I really cant wait for the season to start. The Raptors love in here is crazy lol. They were lucky to get out of the first round of the playoffs. They lost their defensive presence in the middle. They still have two streaky players leading the charge. Their conference got much better and the east in general is a lot more competitive than they have been in years. Keep dreaming about that number 2 seed and dismissing the Knicks to not making the playoffs. lol Completely ridiculous post.

pebloemer
07-31-2016, 09:49 AM
Think there is a lot wrong with your list here. Bobcats wont make the playoffs. They lost too much. Bulls aren't better than they were last year. They aren't better than the Knicks. Raptors will not have the same regular season success they have had in recent years with the East getting more rounded out and in their own division getting more competitive. I see them as a 5 or 6 seed this year.

In your opinion :)

I do have Charlotte knocked down a couple places in the standings. They still have the same tandem in Batum and Kemba leading the way in the backcourt. I'd safely project MKG playing more then 7 games this year. They added a solid floor spacer with Bellinelli. While the lost plenty, i think people are overstating their dip in the standings.

I have very little faith in the Knicks remake. There are legitimate questions around health, chemistry, depth and defense. They have more offensive talent than other teams above them, but I'm not overlooking those question marks.

And your comment on my ranking for the Bulls and Raptors... I didn't rank the Bulls better than they were last year and I also didn't have the Raptors replicating their success (I have Boston winning the Atlantic).

There was an 8 game gap between Toronto and the 3rd seed last year. While I don't expect Toronto to have quite the same regular season success, Boston is the only team below them that made enough of a step.

I'd love to see how you account for the Knicks not only catching up the 24 games between them and Toronto, but being better by a couple seeds. (speaking of delusional?)

Mr. Baller
07-31-2016, 09:53 AM
This season is gonna be so hilarious when Chicago and the Knicks both disappoint everybody.

nycericanguy
07-31-2016, 09:57 AM
In your opinion :)

I do have Charlotte knocked down a couple places in the standings. They still have the same tandem in Batum and Kemba leading the way in the backcourt. I'd safely project MKG playing more then 7 games this year. They added a solid floor spacer with Bellinelli. While the lost plenty, i think people are overstating their dip in the standings.

I have very little faith in the Knicks remake. There are legitimate questions around health, chemistry, depth and defense. They have more offensive talent than other teams above them, but I'm not overlooking those question marks.

And your comment on my ranking for the Bulls and Raptors... I didn't rank the Bulls better than they were last year and I also didn't have the Raptors replicating their success (I have Boston winning the Atlantic).

There was an 8 game gap between Toronto and the 3rd seed last year. While I don't expect Toronto to have quite the same regular season success, Boston is the only team below them that made enough of a step.

I'd love to see how you account for the Knicks not only catching up the 24 games between them and Toronto, but being better by a couple seeds. (speaking of delusional?)

knicks have question marks but defense shouldn't be one of them... KP & Noah upfront is elite defense. Lee is a good defender too. This is the best defensive 5 knicks have had in a long time... maybe decades.

Chemistry i dont think will be a big issue either, Rose & Noah already have great chemistry, and Melo & KP as well. Lee is the 5th guy but he's just a 3 & D guy and a smart player. he's not going to require much time to get acclimated. Plus these guys all genuinely like each other and are already practicing together.

DanG
07-31-2016, 10:13 AM
Both NYK & CHI will figure it out if they stay healthy. They'll make the playoffs with around 45 wins IMO, both teams are very experienced.

1. Cleveland 57-25
2. Toronto 52-30
3. Boston 49-33
4. Pacers 47-35
5. Pistons 46-36
6. Hornets 46-36
7. Knicks 45-37
8. Bulls 45-37

We'll finally see Wade vs LeBron

aman_13
07-31-2016, 10:22 AM
Simply Delusional - I really cant wait for the season to start. The Raptors love in here is crazy lol. They were lucky to get out of the first round of the playoffs. They lost their defensive presence in the middle. They still have two streaky players leading the charge. Their conference got much better and the east in general is a lot more competitive than they have been in years. Keep dreaming about that number 2 seed and dismissing the Knicks to not making the playoffs. lol Completely ridiculous post.

That's funny coming from you. Your posts usually personify delusion.

JordansBulls
07-31-2016, 12:01 PM
This season is gonna be so hilarious when Chicago and the Knicks both disappoint everybody.

Or when they are in the Eastern Conference Finals

Clint Olbrock
07-31-2016, 02:28 PM
1. Chi (58-24)
2. CLE (56-26)
3. NYK (53-29)
4. Tor (52-20)
5. Bos (50-32)
6. ATL (46-36)
7. Indy (45-37)
8. Char (43-39)

I would be really careful putting that much stock in the Knicks and Bulls.

I think both can make the playoffs but if the guys stay injuried on both of those teams I could seem them both in the lottery.

Having them both as top 3 teams in the East just seems like a stretch to me. The Bulls only have 7 guys returning from last year and the Knicks have even less returning with only 5. There will be an adjustment period for both and their key guys on both teams will have to reverse the narrative and some how stay healthy for a vast majority of the season.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-31-2016, 03:02 PM
1. Chi (58-24)
2. CLE (56-26)
3. NYK (53-29)
4. Tor (52-20)
5. Bos (50-32)
6. ATL (46-36)
7. Indy (45-37)
8. Char (43-39)
Homerism at its finest.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Mr. Baller
07-31-2016, 03:31 PM
Or when they are in the Eastern Conference Finals

Yeah a team that has nobody who can shot a ball outside of 10 feet and a team with no knees is not making the ECF

DR_1
07-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Atlantic
1) Celtics
2) Raptors
3) Knicks
4) 76ers
5) Nets

Central
1) Cavs
2) Pacers
3) Pistons
4) Bucks
5) Bulls

Southeast
1) Hawks
2) Wizards
3) Magic
4) Heat
5) Hornets

Overall
1) Cavs

2) Celtics
3) Pacers

4) Hawks
5) Raptors

6) Pistons
7) Wizards

8) Bucks
9) Knicks
10) Magic
11) Bulls

12) Heat
13) Hornets

14) 76ers
15) Nets

I tried to put each of them in tiers. 8-11 was the hardest for me to predict. Heat drop to 13 and the last tier if Bosh is unable to play, but I am going to assume health for at least the 2nd half of the season for him.

WaDe03
08-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Yeah a team that has nobody who can shot a ball outside of 10 feet and a team with no knees is not making the ECF

Damn you took it hard lol. You know nothing in your post is true.

TheDish87
08-01-2016, 12:28 PM
he said the Bulls and Knicks arent making the ECF, thats likely true.

WaDe03
08-01-2016, 04:44 PM
he said the Bulls and Knicks arent making the ECF, thats likely true.

Neither team fits that description.

FlashBolt
08-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Crazy that Miami has turned into a dump team like we will be next season. Damn.. the LeBron effect is legit.

WaDe03
08-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Crazy that Miami has turned into a dump team like we will be next season. Damn.. the LeBron effect is legit.

LeBron/Wade effect.

bucketss
08-01-2016, 07:00 PM

:laugh2: how many years in a row are people gonna say toronto won't have a high seed im pretty you made a similar post last year :laugh2:

WaDe03
08-01-2016, 08:02 PM
How is Chicago not better than they were last year lol?

TheDish87
08-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Neither team fits that description.

1000% they fit it. These are two teams who will be clawing for a 7-8 seed.

TheDish87
08-02-2016, 08:43 AM
How is Chicago not better than they were last year lol?

the best 3 players dont fit at all. Its also more about other teams being better and the Bulls being about the same if not worse.

Vee-Rex
08-02-2016, 01:53 PM
the best 3 players dont fit at all. Its also more about other teams being better and the Bulls being about the same if not worse.

On paper it doesn't look like they fit at all, I agree. But never underestimate the BBIQ of those guys, especially Wade. I wouldn't be shocked if they played much better together than expected.

LaLa_Land
08-02-2016, 02:34 PM
1. Cleveland - Ty Lue should feature Kevin Love as much as possible during the regular season. They will cruise to a one-seed either way, but it would go a long way towards rebuilding his confidence and trade value.
2. Indiana - The most improved team in the league. Adding Thaddeus Young, Jeff Teague, Aaron Brooks, and Al Jefferson is quite a haul. Interior defense is a question mark, but Myles Turner is the real deal.
3. Boston - They're still thirsty for a star, but the addition of Horford (consummate professional, low maintenance) fits really well.
4. Toronto - Weaker than last year. Interior defense is a big concern.
5. Detroit - Clueless as to why many posters have this team missing the playoffs.
6. Washington - So much talent, and good balance. Betting on Beal's health here more than anything else.
7. Chicago - On paper, one of the worst 3-pt shooting teams in the league. But they should be in the top 10 defensively, and should slay teams in the half-court game.
8. Miluakee - The Greek Freak should enter the All-Star realm this year. I wonder what value they'll end up getting for Monroe.

9. Atlanta - Bud is a fantastic coach. But get ready for the effects of having the most grotesque cancer in the league on your team. At a certain point, perception becomes reality.
10. New York - The entire starting lineup will be carried off the court on stretchers before the all-star break. If they stay healthy (all but impossible), they'll contend for the 8 seed.
11. Orlando - Crowded front court, but there is legitimate talent on this roster.
12. Miami - This team will be back sooner rather than later. What will happen with Bosh?
13. Charlotte - Ready for a nice step back.
14. Philly - Aside from the Kings, the most abhorrent back-court to front-court ratio in the league. But with or without a jumpshot, Ben Simmons will be a sight to behold.
15. Brooklyn - Wow. That is a hideous roster. Bleakest future I've ever seen after the pseudo-contender attempt of a few years ago. Truly puke-worthy.

TheDish87
08-02-2016, 02:34 PM
def not gonna rule it out but they really need the young guys to contribute to make the playoffs. I dont really think Rondo has that high of an IQ though and we all know he will be chasing stats most of the time. Cant rely on Wade too much either since hes nearly a lock to miss 20+ games between injury and rest. Im not gonna be shocked if they get in but im not really expecting it with the team constructed as is.

WaDe03
08-02-2016, 04:21 PM
def not gonna rule it out but they really need the young guys to contribute to make the playoffs. I dont really think Rondo has that high of an IQ though and we all know he will be chasing stats most of the time. Cant rely on Wade too much either since hes nearly a lock to miss 20+ games between injury and rest. Im not gonna be shocked if they get in but im not really expecting it with the team constructed as is.

You have to have a high IQ to lead the league in assists and the Wade is guaranteed to miss 20+ games is so overblown now. I believe he played 74 last year, his goal was 75 but missed 1 due to his son being in the hospital. He doesn't take nights off for rest anymore and has said he didn't like doing that when the Heat wanted him to a few years back. He also looked better physically than he has in the previous 2 or 3 years due to a new diet/trainer.

As for the fit, I think those guys will make it work and there won't be a battle for top dog as Al 3 have said they're just going out and playing ball every night. Jimmy told Wade he will play whatever role Wade wants him to play and that he just wants to win and Wade told Jimmy he wants him to be top dog which only makes sense since he is in his prime and will play anywhere from 6-8 more minutes than Wade. This Bulls team has better shooters than the Heat did last year except for maybe JRich and that Heat team was a game away from the ECF.

aman_13
08-02-2016, 04:40 PM
:laugh2: how many years in a row are people gonna say toronto won't have a high seed im pretty you made a similar post last year :laugh2:

He makes them every yr and then disappears when his team drops off.

ManningToTyree
08-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Cle
Bos
Ind
Tor
Ny
Det
Chi
Wash

hugepatsfan
08-03-2016, 12:52 PM

Rondo has warts that have more warts attached to them but his IQ certainly isn't one of them. He has a great basketball mind. Too good for his own good actually.

TheDish87
08-03-2016, 01:17 PM
i mean i dont think he has a low IQ but the guy certainly chases assists to bolster his numbers and to do that you have to ignore so many things on the court, which is why i cant call him a high IQ guy anymore. If i had to guess id say this season is a giant mess for the Bulls and they should have moved Butler and rebuilt.

Chronz
08-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Dont trip Wade03, I followed Tmac to every team he went. From Toronto to Houston. Well I was already a huge Houston fan but when Tmac went there they became my #2 team. I rooted for him elsewhere but it was like at a role player level of love.

Still, where do you live. I've lived in Cali most of my life, as such, the Clippers provided me a cheap avenue into the sport I grew to love more than life itself. Even with the shittiest owner in Sterling, I made them my #1 team forever because of that. If you live in Miami and had experienced your beginning days as a fan with them, dont just forget about them because of a few bad off-seasons. I loved the Clips despite years of consecutive bad off-seasons.

TheDish87
08-03-2016, 03:07 PM
people who become fans of teams outside of their hometowns were raised poorly. I love Iverson to death going back to his Hoya's days and was the happiest person ever when he came to my team and still cheered for him when he left. But his new teams could never become favorite ones, i love my city and my team more. Its one thing to follow and cheer for a player but its something else to become some instant, phony, die hard fan of that players new team each time.

WaDe03
08-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Dont trip Wade03, I followed Tmac to every team he went. From Toronto to Houston. Well I was already a huge Houston fan but when Tmac went there they became my #2 team. I rooted for him elsewhere but it was like at a role player level of love.

Still, where do you live. I've lived in Cali most of my life, as such, the Clippers provided me a cheap avenue into the sport I grew to love more than life itself. Even with the shittiest owner in Sterling, I made them my #1 team forever because of that. If you live in Miami and had experienced your beginning days as a fan with them, dont just forget about them because of a few bad off-seasons. I loved the Clips despite years of consecutive bad off-seasons.

Exactly, I don't live in Miami so I don't see what the big deal is. Actually I don't have an NBA team where I live anyways so I was free to choose whoever I wanted to cheer for from the get go.

Chronz
08-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Exactly, I don't live in Miami so I don't see what the big deal is. Actually I don't have an NBA team where I live anyways so I was free to choose whoever I wanted to cheer for from the get go.

Thats more than fine, you will actually have an easier time being objective, that is once Wade retires. Right now, I bet you would be surprised if the Bulls were worse off than the year prior. I honestly dont know what to make of them, I played with them on 2K the other day and I immediately found Rondo and Wade unplayable together until it was the 4th. I made a run with either one being the primary ball handler.

If the Bulls overachieve and it will most certainly be largely a result of Wade overachieving and defying all odds, you will be justified. But then again, think about the harm Rondo does to his teammates with his ball dominance and lack of defensive attention. Rondo's greatest strength in his career was simply being a minutes sponge. Contrary to popular belief, he didn't make his offense much better the way you would associate with high AST players. What his value was being able to take advantage of attention paid to others while minimizing his lack of spacing with other spacers. Its why when he went down, the Celtics offense actually improved. Its why the Dallas offense sputtered once they added a selfish assist whore. But what Rondo could provide was an engine, a guy who could play that style while feeding his superior shooters. Once he was gone, the Big 3 in Boston was forced into carrying a bigger load that they couldn't sustain at their age.

So while the playoffs are a different story, you still have to get there. Rondo isn't the spring chicken he used to be, his defense has slipped of late and his shooting has barely improved. If people are saying the Bulls didn't improve its because they added Rondo, not so much due to Wade.

joshhorvath
08-03-2016, 07:22 PM
really not understanding how people are thinking Boston or Indy are better teams then Toronto... someone please explain this to me... or is it just because they didnt make a major move in FA but insted went and continued on with the chemistry the team had last year. in my view, Toronto has the best depth in the East, the 2nd or 3rd best (depending who you ask) SG in Derozan, one of the better PG in Lowry, a centre in Valanciunas who is primed for a breakout after watching what he did in the playoffs last year, you're getting Carrol back HEALTHY. Their one loss was Biyombo (a role player who produced after JV went down with injury). Powell will continue to be a 2nd round steal and should produce even better this year.

This team has kept the same pieces that reached the East Final last year and finished 1 game behind the Cavs in the east, with the same coach. But unless a injury happens to Lebron, still dont see a way they can surpass them.. so with that said...

Cleveland
Toronto
--------------
Boston
Indy
DET
-----------
ATL
Washington
--------------
CHA
ATL
NY
CHI
MIA
MIL
PHI
BK

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Think Washington will surprise people this year

TheDish87
08-04-2016, 08:44 AM
really not understanding how people are thinking Boston or Indy are better teams then Toronto... someone please explain this to me... or is it just because they didnt make a major move in FA but insted went and continued on with the chemistry the team had last year. in my view, Toronto has the best depth in the East, the 2nd or 3rd best (depending who you ask) SG in Derozan, one of the better PG in Lowry, a centre in Valanciunas who is primed for a breakout after watching what he did in the playoffs last year, you're getting Carrol back HEALTHY. Their one loss was Biyombo (a role player who produced after JV went down with injury). Powell will continue to be a 2nd round steal and should produce even better this year.

This team has kept the same pieces that reached the East Final last year and finished 1 game behind the Cavs in the east, with the same coach. But unless a injury happens to Lebron, still dont see a way they can surpass them.. so with that said...

Cleveland
Toronto
--------------
Boston
Indy
DET
-----------
ATL
Washington
--------------
CHA
ATL
NY
CHI
MIA
MIL
PHI
BK

Toronto, Boston, and Indy are bucnhed up pretty close but Indy has the best player in George and they did a good job of re-tooling the team around him. They are all interchangeable for seeds 2-4 if you ask me but i have Indy then Toronto then boston but its not gonna shock anyone if they finish if a different order

TheDish87
08-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Think Washington will surprise people this year

I hope they can get it together. they are wasting Wall. Beal needs to be healthy but that seems like a longshot.

latinofire21
08-04-2016, 10:26 AM

You're absolutely right. I did make the same post last year. They stay unusually healthy throughout the season outside of Carroll. Biyombo made a huge impact for the first time in his career and then they lost him. I still have them pegged as over achievers. Every other team deals with injuries regularly and once the injury bug hits that team hey won't be able to recover.

latinofire21
08-04-2016, 10:31 AM

Cleveland
Toronto
--------------
Boston
Indy
DET
-----------
ATL
Washington
--------------
CHA
ATL
NY
CHI
MIA
MIL
PHI
BK

Sorry I don't find the raptors playoff run all that defining. They got taken to 7 games and should have been ousted in the first round by George and friends. If you really think they duplicate their playoff success this year I have a unicorn I want to sell you.

nycericanguy
08-04-2016, 11:12 AM
yea TOR was on the brink of losing in the 1st round again... then there was that horrible non call on mahimi that changed things.

Then MIA with a shell of a roster, a roster that probably wouldn't have made the playoffs, took them to 7 and nearly beat them too.

It was one of the least impressive ECF appearances I have seen.

but they are a damn good regular season team and their main guys are very comfortable with each other, that gives them a big advantage since most teams are reshuffling a lot of guys and have to build chemistry.

canzano55
08-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Atlanta might upset the balance as well.

If Howard really puts the time in and Schroeder emerges then you have a recipe for a really good season.

KingJudah
08-04-2016, 07:01 PM
1) Cavs
2) TOR
3) BOS
4) IND
5) ATL
6) NY
7) CHI
8) WAS

9) CHA
10) MIL
11) DET
12) ORL
13) MIA
14) PHI
15) BRK

Cleveland
Toronto
Indiana
Philadelphia
Washington
Boston
Knicks
Milwaukee

Chronz
08-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Ive been getting shat on by my roommate for awhile now so Im finally over my insecurities but I honestly dont see what people find attractive about Indiana. Its basically all coming down to PG improving, Miles Turner taking a leap, Jefferson not hurting them and nobody missing their efficient 3-D PG who allowed PG-13 to handle the rock.
I mean, whos gonna space the floor for him this year? Teague? Fat chance, hes gonna take the ball out of his hands and force PG to hit some outlet jumpers. Which may be for the good but I happen to like PG as the primary ball handler. I know he had his best year with Lance running the show but I liked the chemistry between he and Hill this year and with 2 diminutive guards who aren't exactly great spacers, PG is basically in the same predicament as Butler only with less defense around him.

aman_13
08-04-2016, 08:56 PM
You're absolutely right. I did make the same post last year. They stay unusually healthy throughout the season outside of Carroll. Biyombo made a huge impact for the first time in his career and then they lost him. I still have them pegged as over achievers. Every other team deals with injuries regularly and once the injury bug hits that team hey won't be able to recover.

Val missed 22 games as well. The yr before they lost DeRozan for 22 games and Kyle missed a bunch of games that yr but they still managed to win 49 games. The Raptors have had their share of injuries.

bucketss
08-04-2016, 09:21 PM
yea TOR was on the brink of losing in the 1st round again... then there was that horrible non call on mahimi that changed things.

Then MIA with a shell of a roster, a roster that probably wouldn't have made the playoffs, took them to 7 and nearly beat them too.

It was one of the least impressive ECF appearances I have seen.

but they are a damn good regular season team and their main guys are very comfortable with each other, that gives them a big advantage since most teams are reshuffling a lot of guys and have to build chemistry.

umm we were still up 3, even if that was called raps would still be in good position. mia series should have ended in 5 easily, but game 4 casey decided to bench biyombo(who was wrecking them). either way we destroyed them like we should in game 7, it was no sweat. you guys seem jealous of torontos success.

bucketss
08-04-2016, 09:28 PM

val missed 20+ games
carrol only played 26 games in the RG
derozan missed 20+ games in 2015 + lowry was playing injured second half of that season + playoffs

they're not unusually healthy, they have something called depth maybe some perennial lottery teams should take note ;)

JasonJohnHorn
08-04-2016, 10:18 PM
The Cavs.

Everybody else.

I think Toronto will see a regression this year. I don't think they got better in the offseason, and I think Boston did. Those two teams will likely be behind the Cavs.

NY will be interesting, but I think the pick ups they made are really a gamble. They looked like the moves of a GM that was in a contract year and worried about getting fired, so he was just swinging for the fences. I have no clue how that will turn out, but I don't think it will turn out well.

I'm curious about ATL, but not optimistic.

I think the Wizards will see a big turn around through player development.

Really, though, it will be much as it was last year, with mid-level teams like Indy and Boston and maybe NY and CHI competing to see who is third or 4th or 5th, and the differences won't be significant, and won't really impact the playoffs, which will just be the Cavs walking through the East again.

Sadds The Gr8
08-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Ive been getting shat on by my roommate for awhile now so Im finally over my insecurities but I honestly dont see what people find attractive about Indiana. Its basically all coming down to PG improving, Miles Turner taking a leap, Jefferson not hurting them and nobody missing their efficient 3-D PG who allowed PG-13 to handle the rock.
I mean, whos gonna space the floor for him this year? Teague? Fat chance, hes gonna take the ball out of his hands and force PG to hit some outlet jumpers. Which may be for the good but I happen to like PG as the primary ball handler. I know he had his best year with Lance running the show but I liked the chemistry between he and Hill this year and with 2 diminutive guards who aren't exactly great spacers, PG is basically in the same predicament as Butler only with less defense around him.
exactly what i've been saying. Indiana so overrated.

Val missed 22 games as well. The yr before they lost DeRozan for 22 games and Kyle missed a bunch of games that yr but they still managed to win 49 games. The Raptors have had their share of injuries.

that guy's a clown. he been trolling the raps on here for years.

Vee-Rex
08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
I get the potential fit-issues that Indiana may have, but their ceiling is certainly higher now than it was last year.

It's a two-way street. You either shoot for the stars or lie face-down in the dirt. George Hill is a solid point guard but that's it. Even if the additions of Teague/Young/Jefferson pose risk of having chemistry/spacing issues, their ceiling is higher if they can make it work. And with that amount of talent and PG running the show, it's kinda hard to picture them crashing and burning.

I think Indiana have a terrific, 50+ win season.

Until it happens though, I'll maintain that the Cavs are #1 and Raps are #2 in the conference. After that it's up for grabs.

aman_13
08-06-2016, 04:04 PM
that guy's a clown. he been trolling the raps on here for years.

Yeah I don't even know why I bothered replying.

LanceUpperCut
08-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Raps were 1 game behind Cleveland and 8 games over The next spot but somehow they aren't the easy favorites for the 2nd seed?

xxplayerxx23
08-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Raps were 1 game behind Cleveland and 8 games over The next spot but somehow they aren't the easy favorites for the 2nd seed?

Nobody ever believes in the raptors for some reason. We will see this year if they can contuine to play good basketball

lol, please
08-07-2016, 03:05 AM
Nobody ever believes in the raptors for some reason. We will see this year if they can contuine to play good basketball

If you don't believe in them at this point, you just weren't paying attention to them this season/offseason. The Raptors are for real.

latinofire21
08-07-2016, 10:22 AM
umm we were still up 3, even if that was called raps would still be in good position. mia series should have ended in 5 easily, but game 4 casey decided to bench biyombo(who was wrecking them). either way we destroyed them like we should in game 7, it was no sweat. you guys seem jealous of torontos success.

Sorry I have to disagree with you completely. That same Toronto team lost their playoff driving force in Biyombo this offseason. The team that took them to 7 games in the first round, ya know the Pacers, THE 7TH seed, got much better. Again I stick to my injuries argument. Whiteside goes down and they still get taken to 7 by the Heat. They had no business getting out of the first round. I think that's why a lot of posters are doubting them. Biyombo was the reason you guys went so far in the playoffs and hes gone.

bucketss
08-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Sorry I have to disagree with you completely. That same Toronto team lost their playoff driving force in Biyombo this offseason. The team that took them to 7 games in the first round, ya know the Pacers, THE 7TH seed, got much better. Again I stick to my injuries argument. Whiteside goes down and they still get taken to 7 by the Heat. They had no business getting out of the first round. I think that's why a lot of posters are doubting them. Biyombo was the reason you guys went so far in the playoffs and hes gone.

cool story but this thread is about regular season, i think we proved we're atleast a great regular season team. your "injury" argument was dismantled, you can stick with that if you want.

latinofire21
08-08-2016, 01:35 PM
cool story but this thread is about regular season, i think we proved we're atleast a great regular season team. your "injury" argument was dismantled, you can stick with that if you want.

The point when you know you have won an arguement. When a poster starts with cool story. Everything said in the post was factual. Can't wait for the season to start!

bucketss
08-08-2016, 05:42 PM
The point when you know you have won an arguement. When a poster starts with cool story. Everything said in the post was factual. Can't wait for the season to start!

me to, some people will be greatly disappointed :laugh2:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-11-2016, 07:44 PM
My Bucks seem like a odd ball. Either outside looking in or our big 3 steps up with our new shooters and have fun and make it in the playoffs. Hard to say. Giannis and Parker after All star game were awesome last season. Delly and Telly and Maker and Brogdon shooting will be a nice addition. Then self approvements among Giannis and Parker and MCW. Besides a trade of Moose or Henson. Hopefully Vaughn improves this year.

JWO35
08-11-2016, 07:48 PM
1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Raptors
4. Pacers
5. Pistons
6. Knicks
7. Hawks
8. Bulls/Wizards

ohreally
08-12-2016, 11:23 PM

The Nets began last year with Jack as their starting point, which is bad enough, but when he went down they really had no point at all. Lin is a huge upgrade from where they were last year. They then lost Jefferson when they were actually staring to look like they were improving. Bogie is up and down, and not a great defender, but he's better than given credit for. Vasquez will need to recover or things could be bad early in the season, but if Levert is healthy they will have nice size and lots of passers and multi-position guys. Most unproven, but overall they should have better passing, better defense, and better three point shooting. Unless Mockevicius gets to the bench and can avoid fouling out within 7 minutes, they don't have one good rebounder, but should have better team rebounding. Bennett either wakes up or winds up struggling to hold on to a job at Burger King, and I think he's starting to understand that. Hamilton and Booker are good pickups, Kilpatrick can score, Whitehead seems fine, McCullough will be interesting.

There will definitely be be some high turnover games early on, but they should improve as the year goes along. No world beaters, but I expect they will be better than last year when all said and done. And there will definitely be some selective pickups one way or another during the year

They're a huge question mark of course, but then, same goes for the Knicks, Sixers, Bulls, and Heat. and there are bound to be two to three other teams that are a lot worse than expected. The Nets can't possibly be worse than common wisdom expects them to be.

Sanjay
01-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Do it.

1. Cavaliers
2. Bulls
3. Knicks (always overrate them)
4. Wizards
5. Raptors
6. Pacers
7. Heat
8. Hawks
9. 76ers