PDA

View Full Version : Draymond Green pleas out, avoids jail time

mrblisterdundee
07-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Draymond Green reached a plea deal and avoided jail time for slapping a Michigan State University football player:

The terms of the deal mean Green, who had faced a charge of misdemeanor assault and battery, will pay a $500 fine and $60 restitution fee for a civil violation. Green’s attorney, James Heos, said on Friday that the violation is akin to a parking ticket.
Assistant city prosecutor David Meyers said the deal involves neither a guilty nor a no contest plea, since the infraction is not a criminal charge.
“The plea agreement reached with Mr Green is in accordance with our normal plea bargain procedures and guidelines for a case with similar circumstances, evidence and witness statements,” Meyers said. “We simply treated Mr Green no differently than any other defendant that we prosecute.”
- The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/22/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-plea-deal)

mrblisterdundee
07-22-2016, 06:01 PM
I'm pleased with this. It wasn't very serious, and he didn't deserve to miss the Olympics because of it.

BKLYNpigeon
07-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Draymond was getting ripped to shreds a few weeks ago. now the haters got nothing to say???

kdspurman
07-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Draymond was getting ripped to shreds a few weeks ago. now the haters got nothing to say???

No offense, but him being ripped to shreds isn't some outlandish thing considering what he did/has done. Nor does it make folks haters if they speak on it.

In the end, this was probably the best scenario, and hopefully he'll use better judgment in the future.

TrueFan420
07-22-2016, 06:11 PM
As a warriors fan I really hope he learns from this...

Saddletramp
07-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Treated him no differently? Sure.

Wow, you waited a whole 7 minutes before you wondered where all the haters were. Your patience has a lot to be desired, bro. Look at me, I'm still waiting for that link that you owe and it's been well over a week.

Vee-Rex
07-22-2016, 06:53 PM

Talk about being hyper sensitive.

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
07-22-2016, 08:02 PM
BUT YO.... HE WASNT GUILTY YO... HATERS JUST TRYING TO HATE :rolleyes:

More-Than-Most
07-22-2016, 08:05 PM

am I missing something? A plea deal is just as bad as being guilty no? Innocent people DONT SETTLE FOR PLEA DEALS.

Saddletramp
07-22-2016, 08:10 PM
am I missing something? A plea deal is just as bad as being guilty no? Innocent people DONT SETTLE FOR PLEA DEALS.

The only thing that I can think of is that any court stuff/potential anything isn't worth >$1,000 for him. But yeah, if he felt he was innocent, he'd fight it. He knows he's lose, so he quit here, too.

BKLYNpigeon
07-22-2016, 08:19 PM
It was a slow news week and I think a lot of people rushed to judgment.

David Meyers, an attorney for the city, says the noise violation is not a criminal charge so no guilty plea is required. Green's attorney, James Heos, said Friday that the violation is akin to a parking ticket.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17126142/golden-state-warriors-draymond-green-avoid-jail-reaching-plea-agreement

More-Than-Most
07-22-2016, 08:32 PM
The only thing that I can think of is that any court stuff/potential anything isn't worth >$1,000 for him. But yeah, if he felt he was innocent, he'd fight it. He knows he's lose, so he quit here, too.

He of all people if innocent would fight it out of principle alone and if people cant see that by his character I am not sure what else to say... Its a compliment really because of how competitive he is.. He was guilty and he took the plea.... Draymond doesnt take plea deals... He proves he is innocent and laughs at the people he owned.

BKLYNpigeon
07-22-2016, 08:49 PM
It was a Noise Violation, not a Criminal Charge.

Taking a Plea Deal covers all spectrums of charges violations fines or parking tickets.

Draymond could fight it or could pay $560 for it to go away. I'm sure he has better things to do this summer.

Saddletramp
07-23-2016, 01:51 AM
I thought the guy he slapped was pressing charges? This is just for some lame noise violation? Who cares?

SfgiantsJD3
07-23-2016, 08:56 AM
I thought the guy he slapped was pressing charges? This is just for some lame noise violation? Who cares?

I think the guy he slapped wants to play legal lotto and go for the big prize, we will see. At least Draymond got fined for all the news noise he created

goingfor28
07-23-2016, 09:20 AM
That's too bad. Good for him though bc I'm sure it was an accident and a natural reaction. He didn't mean to do it.

Dude is a fkn POS

Scoots
07-23-2016, 02:53 PM
No offense, but him being ripped to shreds isn't some outlandish thing considering what he did/has done. Nor does it make folks haters if they speak on it.

In the end, this was probably the best scenario, and hopefully he'll use better judgment in the future.

I agree. Somehow praising a local team makes you a homer even if it's valid, while criticism of any aspect of anything makes you a hater.

You are not really paranoid if they ARE out to get you :)