PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose: Knicks and Warriors are the new ‘Super Teams’

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-22-2016, 02:34 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/07/22/derrick-rose-superteams-new-york-knicks-golden-state-warriors

thoughts?

Tony_Starks
07-22-2016, 02:52 PM
They're using the term very loosely! Lol

Chi StateOfMind
07-22-2016, 02:53 PM
I want whatever weed Rose is smoking.

shep33
07-22-2016, 02:56 PM
I think the Knicks got better... But hell, you have a guy named LeBron to worry about in the east. Don't call yourself a supertream... That's an insult to super teams

Quietmoney
07-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Everybody better hope he's delusional as they say... Call me crazy, but for matchup purposes, I feel where he's coming from... Health is gonna be the deciding factor when it's all said and done.. But I don't think he's crazy for saying that.. He did jump the gun though... They need to see what it is on court first before he starts claiming to be in the same class as the Warriors..

koreancabbage
07-22-2016, 03:16 PM
who is they? the voices in his head?

Monta is beast
07-22-2016, 03:27 PM
A super team with no superstar?

pebloemer
07-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Well...

Rose = Curry
Lee < Klay
Melo = Durant
Porzingis = Green
Noah > Pachulia

It is pretty close!

In seriousness, maybe 5 years ago the trio of Rose, Noah and Melo could have been viewed as formidable. It is hard to give them much respect now though. There is quite away to go to call yourself a superteam, but no surprise in an athlete having unrealistic confidence.

PayDaPiper
07-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Well...

Rose = Curry
Lee < Klay
Melo = Durant
Porzingis = Green
Noah > Pachulia

It is pretty close!

In seriousness, maybe 5 years ago the trio of Rose, Noah and Melo could have been viewed as formidable. It is hard to give them much respect now though. There is quite away to go to call yourself a superteam, but no surprise in an athlete having unrealistic confidence.

Rose is nowhere near Curry
Klay is better than Lee, I agree with you there
Durant is better than Melo, not even a comparison there either
Green is arguably a top 10 player in the NBA, Porzingis is equal to him? lol cmon
I would say Noah=Pachulia, and that's about it

nycericanguy
07-22-2016, 03:39 PM
"they're saying us and Golden State are the superteams"

uhh yea Derrick, I don't think a single person has said that...lol.

nycericanguy
07-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Knicks if healthy though could give CLE problems, Melo has always played LBJ well and has a good head to head record against him despite having much lesser teams than Lebron.

KP has a chance to be better than Love next year, and certainly already is on D.

Noah is still a rebounding beast & one of the better passing bigs in the game, he can hold his own with TT. The combination of Noah & KP has a chance to be the best rim protecting frontline in the league.

Lee is the perfect 3 & D guy.

And Rose isn't going to back down from Irving on either end.

Neither team has a great bench at this point. But the Knicks bench is not bad either. I think if healthy the Knicks matchup better against CLE than TOR.

koreancabbage
07-22-2016, 03:49 PM
i see them anywhere from seeds 5-10

just like Chicago, i have to see how they gel and fit. Could be a disaster and a **** show but hey, everyone loves how their team looks on paper.

Max Power
07-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Derrick Rose ranks higher on a 'Dumbest Person on Earth' list than he does a top point guard list at this point.

TheDish87
07-22-2016, 03:51 PM
sounds like someone should be drug tested

hugepatsfan
07-22-2016, 03:52 PM
I can't get over how funny this comment is lol

pebloemer
07-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Green is arguably a top 10 player in the NBA, Porzingis is equal to him? lol cmon

You missed my sarcasm :)

nycericanguy
07-22-2016, 03:58 PM
i see them anywhere from seeds 5-10

just like Chicago, i have to see how they gel and fit. Could be a disaster and a **** show but hey, everyone loves how their team looks on paper.

CHI is a horrible fit on paper though, I don't think they would have signed Rondo had they thought they had a chance at Wade.

Knicks do have the advantage of Noah & Rose being very familiar with each other, same for Melo & KP. And Lee is a role player that fits anywhere.

NYKnickFanatic
07-22-2016, 04:03 PM
Perfect opportunity for this:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/nick-young-confused-face.jpg

Or even better:

http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/derrick-roses-son-game-4-press-conference.jpg

PayDaPiper
07-22-2016, 04:15 PM
You missed my sarcasm :)

should have known better

Hawkeye15
07-22-2016, 04:19 PM
that is awesome.

Realistically, the Knicks, if healthy, are probably a 45-48 win team, who can possibly get a round 2 playoff series.

Vampirate
07-22-2016, 04:29 PM
So if the Knicks are a super team does that make the Raptors, Celtics, Pacers and of course Cavs Justice League teams?

Stunner
07-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Rose quote is

" With these teams right now , they're saying us and golden state are super teams ... And the expectations I think of us , We just want to win "

Media outlets are twisting his words around , of course knowledgeable basketball fans know the Knicks aren't a super team but the causal audience do just see big names and think " oh man that team is really stacked " . Rose never crowned the Knicks

knickfan371
07-22-2016, 04:44 PM
People are easily impressed by the raptors I just don't see it.

Stunner
07-22-2016, 04:53 PM
People are easily impressed by the raptors I just don't see it.

Raptors don't scare me as s Chicago fan , I think if we got the 7 seed they would have been gone in the 1st in 5 or 6

knickfan371
07-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Raptors don't scare me as s Chicago fan , I think if we got the
7 seed they would have been gone in the 1st in 5 or 6
It's going to be a fun season I'm looking forward to watching the bulls this winter to see how wade looks i don't think the bulls are going to be as bad as people think either.

Stunner
07-22-2016, 05:09 PM
It's going to be a fun season I'm looking forward to watching the bulls this winter to see how wade looks i don't think the bulls are going to be as bad as people think either.

Yea this season will be interesting , Rondo showing maturity so far his time here and allegedly in sac too . Butler getting a lot of praise in LA during the USA camp and I want to see how much Wade has in the tank . I think Bulls will be a 5-7 seed

Chronz
07-22-2016, 05:22 PM
What's wrong with this kids mother?

Holydiver
07-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Rose is one of the dumbest human beings on the planet Earth. He is delusional.

Get your sex belt back on, get back on the bench and get ready for the "meetings"

effen5
07-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Thank ****ing god he's not our problem anymore.

BKLYNpigeon
07-22-2016, 06:07 PM
well...

Rose = curry
lee < klay
melo = durant
porzingis = green
noah > pachulia

it is pretty close!

In seriousness, maybe 5 years ago the trio of rose, noah and melo could have been viewed as formidable. It is hard to give them much respect now though. There is quite away to go to call yourself a superteam, but no surprise in an athlete having unrealistic confidence.

lol.

BKLYNpigeon
07-22-2016, 06:08 PM
The Knicks wouldn't sniff the playoffs in the West.

TrueFan420
07-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Rose quote is

" With these teams right now , they're saying us and golden state are super teams ... And the expectations I think of us , We just want to win "

Media outlets are twisting his words around , of course knowledgeable basketball fans know the Knicks aren't a super team but the causal audience do just see big names and think " oh man that team is really stacked " . Rose never crowned the Knicks

How are they twisting his words... He says, "they're saying us and the Warriors are super teams"

Who saying anything about the Knicks being a super team anywhere? He's the only one who said it.

b@llhog24
07-22-2016, 06:10 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/07/22/derrick-rose-superteams-new-york-knicks-golden-state-warriors

thoughts?

:laugh:

Everybody better hope he's delusional as they say... Call me crazy, but for matchup purposes, I feel where he's coming from... Health is gonna be the deciding factor when it's all said and done.. But I don't think he's crazy for saying that.. He did jump the gun though... They need to see what it is on court first before he starts claiming to be in the same class as the Warriors..

Knicks if healthy could be really dangerous. One injury and the whole thing basically blows up in flame. Kinda dicey.

Noah is a good bit better than Zaza

pebloemer
07-22-2016, 07:08 PM
The Knicks wouldn't sniff the playoffs in the West.

I think they'll be a stretch to make the playoffs in the East as well TBH.

There is a chance the talent stays healthy and blends together nicely, but I think it is unlikely.

knickfan371
07-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Are we going to have to hear about health all season when Derrick rose played 66 games last year.i think people hope the Knicks are terrible but I just don't see them being bad this year.

JordansBulls
07-22-2016, 07:39 PM
The guy never wanted to recruit in Chicago and then handcuffed the franchise by staying out the entire season in 2013 and then got hurt again in 2014 and the Bulls were able to get nothing for him. Now all of a sudden he wants stars on the squad and the instant he gets one in Melo he calls them a superteam?

Stunner
07-22-2016, 07:47 PM
How are they twisting his words... He says, "they're saying us and the Warriors are super teams"

Who saying anything about the Knicks being a super team anywhere? He's the only one who said it.

Media outlets are going out saying "Rose Called the Knicks a super team " as if he is putting them on that level himself , who knows what it's in his circle of what they say . We should know that the casual audience really doesn't know a damn thing about basketball . I see it all the time some team gets a player and all of a sudden they're contenders . Hell I've seen Rudy Gay is good tweets all over twitter .

Rose said that the team isn't thinking about that type of stuff and just want to go out and win games .

People only willed up because it's Rose , he has a history of saying funny stuff and it's the Knicks . Rose isn't bright I get what he's saying tho , people talking about all of these new so called stacked teams of players based off name value . That's why he brought up the Knicks because of the names they have he wasn't comparing actual ability.

Stunner
07-22-2016, 07:49 PM
I hate my fan base sometimes

Randy West
07-22-2016, 07:53 PM
drug test this guy

More-Than-Most
07-22-2016, 07:59 PM
Am I missing something? Is Rose on drugs? When has anyone called the knicks a super team?

More-Than-Most
07-22-2016, 08:01 PM
The guy never wanted to recruit in Chicago and then handcuffed the franchise by staying out the entire season in 2013 and then got hurt again in 2014 and the Bulls were able to get nothing for him. Now all of a sudden he wants stars on the squad and the instant he gets one in Melo he calls them a superteam?

Funny how that works huh? Rose Joined a new team and instantly thinks they are better than they are because he is part of said new team.... That is funny huh? How one person can allow personal feelings get in the way and toss objectivity out the window?

IndyRealist
07-22-2016, 08:04 PM
that is awesome.

Realistically, the Knicks, if healthy, are probably a 45-48 win team, who can possibly get a round 2 playoff series.

Unless KP turns into Tim Duncan this summer, I don't see them breaking .500. If they manage to get into the 2nd round I'll be the first one to come here and say I was wrong.

ewing
07-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Unless KP turns into Tim Duncan this summer, I don't see them breaking .500. If they manage to get into the 2nd round I'll be the first one to come here and say I was wrong.

i think you might be underrating prime Duncan just slightly

northsider
07-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Smoking on the same **** his brother Reggie has been smoking on for years.

GSRaider
07-22-2016, 10:24 PM
Super team... no

But I actually think they're going to be pretty good... dare I say 2 seed? Nope. But I can see them being 4 and possibly a 3 seed.

5ass
07-22-2016, 10:29 PM

I agree. I think they'll win 35-40 games. They're not making the play offs IMO.

elledaddy
07-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Just bcus he isn't riding Lebron's or GS D@#k and giving them the ring like everybody else in and out the league, don't clown him. Dam right he knows nobody is calling them a super team but he don't care. He saying line us up vs anybody and we'll see. I love it. Talk ur **** DROSE. Ball don't lie, they still gotta play but atleast he putting it out there that he don't care bout anybody else

Jimm
07-22-2016, 11:42 PM

Knicks won 32 games last year playing buthead basketball, with two different coaches who were both horrible, and with Calderon and Vujiac as the starting guards. Would like to see the argument that what has been done this offseason only amounts to an extra 3 wins.

Jimm
07-22-2016, 11:44 PM
He's obviously wrong with this statement, but it is certainly better than him having low expectations. Gives them something to aim for/makes them play harder etc.

More-Than-Most
07-23-2016, 12:07 AM
I really really hope the NBA mods are lenient come the regular and post season. I dont report anymore but there will be so much trash talking and baiting this year and its gonna be fantastic... I have not looked forward to an NBA season more than this one here on PSD in a very long time and the **** talking is what makes it

The Headlines

Will Durant/curry win the MVP
Will the warriors win more than 73 games
Will the knicks be great
Will the bulls be good
Will Lebron continue his dominance
Will the spurs continue their dominance
Will westy average a trip dub
Will Towns turn into the god people are projecting
Will cousins ever be traded
Will Russell turn into KOBE
Will Embiid be healthy and be the next Hakeem
Will Simmons be the next lebron
Will the sixers/lakers surprise people
Will the thunder upset the warriors
Will curry return to dominance
How many times will Green hit somebody in the nuts?
Will Kyrie take the next step to superstardom
Will KPorz enter god mode
Will the heat remain relevent
Will the Clippers stay healthy and knock the big dogs off
Will blake get traded
Will butler take the next step
Will wiggins take the next step

I could honestly go on.

5ass
07-23-2016, 12:50 AM
Knicks won 32 games last year playing buthead basketball, with two different coaches who were both horrible, and with Calderon and Vujiac as the starting guards. Would like to see the argument that what has been done this offseason only amounts to an extra 3 wins.

Well for one I forgot about Noah lol. So they'll win more than 35 IMO, but still I dont think they make the play offs. Noah is a nice upgrade over Lopez, but he won't play 82 games like him. So how many wins is he going to add? Rose isn't going to add a lot of wins even if healthy. I also think a lot of teams in the east got better. I can see them surpassing Bucks and Heat, but that's it. The Knicks won 32 last year and were still the 13th seed. I'm thinking they win between 37-40 all things considered.

I'm not saying they can't make the play offs, but that would require a lot of things to go right.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-23-2016, 01:14 AM
Just no words for how dumb this sounds. Guy literally has the logic/mind capacity of a high school dropout.

ohreally
07-23-2016, 01:39 AM
The Bulls in effect traded Rose and Noah for Robin Lopez. Do you think they really saw these guys as anything near stars at this point? Melo is Melo. Porzingis had a very nice first year, but it was a first year; does he ever improve significantly? good chance, but not a given. Jennings can be a nice backup point, especially since he's now in his Mecca, but he needs to rebound from his injury and focus a lot more consistently on passing than on chucking.

Potential to be good if all goes right. But its rare for all to go right.

I expect they may be OK this year, but 5–10 seems right. And unless they get a real star next year there's an awful lot riding on Porzingis. Hard to see future years going in the right direction and hard to see them performing so well this year that it would actually draw stars in their prime.

meloman1592
07-23-2016, 01:56 AM
I'm gonna troll the **** out of Psd when the Knicks make the playoffs

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 01:59 AM
He didn't say it he said "they" whoever "they" is idk lmao

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 02:01 AM
Knicks are making the playoffs. They won't be great tho

LaLa_Land
07-23-2016, 02:05 AM
Lmao at "superteam".

The Cavaliers, Pacers, Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks are all better in the East.

Without injuries (doubtful), they'll be right around .500.

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 02:15 AM
Lmao at "superteam".

The Cavaliers, Pacers, Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks are all better in the East.

Without injuries (doubtful), they'll be right around .500.

Bucks ? Ahahahahahahahahahahhaha without injuries they'll be better than a .500 team easy.

HOLD_THIS_L
07-23-2016, 03:38 AM
I hope so. Will be GREAT for the nba. Doubtful to say the lest. They should make the playoffs though.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

HOLD_THIS_L
07-23-2016, 03:40 AM
Knicks if healthy though could give CLE problems, Melo has always played LBJ well and has a good head to head record against him despite having much lesser teams than Lebron.

KP has a chance to be better than Love next year, and certainly already is on D.

Noah is still a rebounding beast & one of the better passing bigs in the game, he can hold his own with TT. The combination of Noah & KP has a chance to be the best rim protecting frontline in the league.

Lee is the perfect 3 & D guy.

And Rose isn't going to back down from Irving on either end.

Neither team has a great bench at this point. But the Knicks bench is not bad either. I think if healthy the Knicks matchup better against CLE than TOR.
BIG IF.

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 03:51 AM
People tend to forget all the trash that was on the Knicks last year and are comparing them to the Knicks team that will be on the court next year. We have some really significant upgrades all over the roster.. Did any of you guys watch Calderon last year?? Rose was at least 10x the player he ever was last year.. We had hot garbage Affalo thinking he was better than he was.. I love replacing him with Lee, a guy that can actually hit shots and play better defense. We take out Lopez and insert Noah, a former DPOY who's basketball IQ is very high and has the ability to make players around him better.. Take out the first year backup point guard in Grant and insert Jennings.. A player that actually knows his game and can hit or create his own shot... It seems to me that they should be a lot more than good.. Finally Melo has some players to work off of.. People are just used to bashing the Knicks so like as normal it's absurd to think the team can actually be good.. Smh. I'll be back to troll the main forum when the season starts because no one in here thinks they will be good..

HOLD_THIS_L
07-23-2016, 03:51 AM
They will get points. What will the D do? Find out next season on the NBA!

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 04:22 AM
They will get points. What will the D do? Find out next season on the NBA!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk your right... We will see. I'm very optimistic bro... And for good reason.

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 04:25 AM
And i expect the the to be much improved.. Putting Noah alongside of KP and and having more speed defensively can and will only help... But like you said, let's just see when the season starts..

lol, please
07-23-2016, 04:50 AM

thoughts?

He's right though. If there is a second team RIGHT NOW in the NBA it's the Knicks. The season still has to play out, but on paper, I agree.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 05:09 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 05:58 AM
I don't think it will be a laughing matter... But I do know one thing... I'm gonna get banned for trolling if the Knicks are good :D

Captain Moroni
07-23-2016, 06:20 AM
Happy for the optimism. Now shock the world and show us.

Sofnr
07-23-2016, 10:38 AM
It's sad really. He's just so dumb. He cant help himself and the media just plays with him. The best part of this thread though are the knick fans claiming he has a point :) Calm down. Take ur potential playoff berth/first round exit and b happy about it.

hugepatsfan
07-23-2016, 10:50 AM
It's not like he just expressed confidence in his team. If he said that they expect to compete people would have snickered but it'd be whatever. It's just funny how he claimed people were saying NY was a superteam because no one is lol

effen5
07-23-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm just glad he's off the bulls. He is such a dumbass.

naps
07-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Wow what a dumbass. Talk about bringing light to yourself while you cant deal with it because you have to go walk at your son's graduation.

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 12:37 PM
It's not like he just expressed confidence in his team. If he said that they expect to compete people would have snickered but it'd be whatever. It's just funny how he claimed people were saying NY was a superteam because no one is lol

His aunt said it so drose shared it.

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Can't wait for the season to start, for all those saying they won't make the playoffs, see u soon.

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 12:40 PM

35-40 ? They upgraded everywhere and won 32 last year. They also gave up and rested Melo and gave KP some
Games off with minor injuries. I see no way they don't win 42-45,

likemystylez
07-23-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm gonna troll the **** out of Psd when the Knicks make the playoffs

LOL-because making the playoffs in the eastern conference is conclusive evidence of being a superteam

Rndy
07-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Derrick has never been the brightest bulb this coming from the same guy that can't even eat an apple without hurting himself.

tcav701
07-23-2016, 01:24 PM
This is exactly why he needed someone else to take his SAT's for him.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2016, 01:33 PM
35-40 ? They upgraded everywhere and won 32 last year. They also gave up and rested Melo and gave KP some
Games off with minor injuries. I see no way they don't win 42-45,

Rose, Noah are VERY injury prone. If they miss a ton of games, they could definitely win under 40.

cmellofan15
07-23-2016, 02:03 PM
People tend to forget the power of the knicks franchise. any player at any point in there career can go there and almost instantly become worse. not saying it always happens, but it is a strong possibility. add on the fact that the guys they have picked up are already questionable due to missing time on the court, i wouldn't be surprised if this ended horribly.

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 02:13 PM
You mean become worse like JLin?? Or maybe like Spreewell? Or Allan Houston? Stop with the blind hate dude... The Knicks will be good, and Rose and Noah will be a big part of the turn around.. Count on that.

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Rose, Noah are VERY injury prone. If they miss a ton of games, they could definitely win under 40.

**** having Jennings on the team is better than any Pg we had. Rose goes down I'm not to worried. Noah yeah that would hurt but I'm high on our rookie from Europe. Guess we will see.

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2016, 02:19 PM
People tend to forget the power of the knicks franchise. any player at any point in there career can go there and almost instantly become worse. not saying it always happens, but it is a strong possibility. add on the fact that the guys they have picked up are already questionable due to missing time on the court, i wouldn't be surprised if this ended horribly.

Lol Cleveland fan man you got lucky lebron was a bigger man than your **** owner and came back.

colinskik
07-23-2016, 02:40 PM
I really really hope the NBA mods are lenient come the regular and post season. I dont report anymore but there will be so much trash talking and baiting this year and its gonna be fantastic... I have not looked forward to an NBA season more than this one here on PSD in a very long time and the **** talking is what makes it

narc

colinskik
07-23-2016, 02:43 PM
If anyone saw yesterday's Olympic exhibition game, Melo thrives with a PG who can make plays for himself. He hit 5 3's off of PG drive and dish plays. Rose and jennings are going to give Melo so many easy, open jumpers.

Green_Monster
07-23-2016, 02:50 PM
If anyone saw yesterday's Olympic exhibition game, Melo thrives with a PG who can make plays for himself. He hit 5 3's off of PG drive and dish plays. Rose and jennings are going to give Melo so many easy, open jumpers.

The sad thing is, advanced stats say Calderon was better than Rose last year. And no, I don't actually believe that. But that's what it says.

They also say Lopez was better than Noah. This one I believe.

5ass
07-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Jennings was trash last year. He needs to make a significant improvement just to become a good back up PG. Rose has been one of the worst starting PGs as well...

colinskik
07-23-2016, 03:07 PM
The sad thing is, advanced stats say Calderon was better than Rose last year. And no, I don't actually believe that. But that's what it says.

He wasn't a better fit with Melo though. Calderon's game was essentially "If I don't do anything, then I can't do anything bad." By virtue of the fact that Rose is a threat on offense, Melo's game will be exponentially be improved.

Lopez, as well, my have been an all around better player last year than Noah (mostly bc he was healthy), but he doesn't fit as well with KP and the rest of the team. Noah should be able to improve KP and Melo's game more than Lopez was able to. I think he'll be a good piece for the Bulls with the other guys they added.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-23-2016, 03:11 PM

melo is not a spot up shooter.

most of the shots he takes, he creates them himself.

nycericanguy
07-23-2016, 04:21 PM

Well Noah really didn't play last year so sure you can say that...

Prior to last year Lopez averaged 66 games per season, Noah 64. If you want to look at just last year then sure Lopez was better because he actually played.

But Noah when he plays is a better passer, rebounder, defender... just much better overall. Lopez is an old school kinda one dimensional C. Noah will be able to switch and guard the perimeter and run the offense much better. he's a HUGE upgrade if healthy.

nycericanguy
07-23-2016, 04:22 PM

well he hasn't exactly had a PG or C that can create like Noah & Rose... I think Melo will be more efficient next year not having to always work for his own shots.

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 04:38 PM
That's exactly what I was trying to tell everyone in here... Melo almost never has no one to set him up or someone to work off of...

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Every time team USA plays, Melo stands out as one of the best on the team.. He's not just invited like Butler and Green, he's alway too 3 on the team no matter who plays.. But let the Knicks bashers tell it, he's not even a super star... You can see how much more skilled he is compared to the others on the team.. Now that he has some help, I don't think I'm crazy for thinking he will be much more efficient..

Miltstar
07-23-2016, 05:27 PM
First "superteam" ever to miss the playoffs?

Crackadalic
07-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Reminds me of the year we won 54 games and domefavors was the best troll. Rose smoking on the super teams but I'm confident we go as high as 6th and that's because of injuries.

Quietmoney
07-23-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm willing to bet the farm that they make it and make some noise if there not too injury riddled.

Miltstar
07-23-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm willing to bet the farm that they make it and make some noise if there not too injury riddled.

That's a pretty big "if"... I'll take the over on games lost due to injury.

colinskik
07-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Right, so what you meant to say was you didn't see the exhibition game I mentioned and ostensibly have never watched a team USA game.

Melo is always a force on team USA precisely because he can become a spot up shooter. Watch the highlights from the other day--5 threes made without any dribbling.

In the NBA he has had to be more of a creator because he's had very little in terms of penetrating guard talent around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunner
07-24-2016, 02:56 PM
Jennings was trash last year. He needs to make a significant improvement just to become a good back up PG. Rose has been one of the worst starting PGs as well...

I figured he would be trash coming off an Achilles injury lol If NY gets the Rose from the 36 games in 2016 instead of the one in the 27 games at the beginning of last year they will be alright .

blahblahyoutoo
07-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Derrick Rose ranks higher on a 'Dumbest Person on Earth' list than he does a top point guard list at this point.

should hear him during interviews. he sounds like he has down syndrome.

blahblahyoutoo
07-24-2016, 07:32 PM

i see them breaking 500. kristaps is going to get better and Lee, not noah or rose, is going to be the most important acquisition this off season.

Crackadalic
07-24-2016, 08:08 PM
i see them breaking 500. kristaps is going to get better and Lee, not noah or rose, is going to be the most important acquisition this off season.

I actually agree with this? Foh lol. A heat fan making sense. Thought you was stebo for a second

WaDe03
07-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Lol

McAllen Tx
07-25-2016, 12:52 PM
well he hasn't exactly had a PG or C that can create like Noah & Rose... I think Melo will be more efficient next year not having to always work for his own shots.

As I read this alls I thought about was the thread last season saying Kobe was gonna have the most efficient season of his career.

ewing
07-25-2016, 03:14 PM

you are wrong. he is actually a very good catch and shoot guy. if the knicks can get him those opportunities, he will thrive

blahblahyoutoo
07-25-2016, 06:33 PM
I actually agree with this? Foh lol. A heat fan making sense. Thought you was stebo for a second

n-word plz. i always make sense. it's homer knicks fans calling me a troll because the knicks were bottom feeders for awhile and I called it like it is and they wasn't happy about it.

i axe them to point out how i was trolling and they never give me a good response. saying negative TRUTHFUL things about a bad knicks team isn't trolling.

WOwolfOL
07-26-2016, 12:15 AM
People tend to forget all the trash that was on the Knicks last year and are comparing them to the Knicks team that will be on the court next year. We have some really significant upgrades all over the roster.. Did any of you guys watch Calderon last year?? Rose was at least 10x the player he ever was last year.. We had hot garbage Affalo thinking he was better than he was.. I love replacing him with Lee, a guy that can actually hit shots and play better defense. We take out Lopez and insert Noah, a former DPOY who's basketball IQ is very high and has the ability to make players around him better.. Take out the first year backup point guard in Grant and insert Jennings.. A player that actually knows his game and can hit or create his own shot... It seems to me that they should be a lot more than good.. Finally Melo has some players to work off of.. People are just used to bashing the Knicks so like as normal it's absurd to think the team can actually be good.. Smh. I'll be back to troll the main forum when the season starts because no one in here thinks they will be good..
Did you actually watch Rose last year? Dude he is an awful PG. He doesn't set his teammates up, can't shoot but likes to force shots left and right, turns the ball over and is horribly inefficient when he's on the floor, doesn't defend about 90% of the time, and worst of all he no longer draws contact on his drives and rarely gets to the line to at least pick up cheap points. You seem to be woefully unaware of the player you acquired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Quietmoney
07-26-2016, 01:03 AM
Did you actually watch Rose last year? Dude he is an awful PG. He doesn't set his teammates up, can't shoot but likes to force shots left and right, turns the ball over and is horribly inefficient when he's on the floor, doesn't defend about 90% of the time, and worst of all he no longer draws contact on his drives and rarely gets to the line to at least pick up cheap points. You seem to be woefully unaware of the player you acquired.

Well... One thing I know is that I was very much aware of was Calderon's inability to drive or play at least at a moderate pace... His defense was the worst there was at PG perhaps in the entire league. He and Affalo was the worst starting backcourt in the league.. Or did I miss something?? I'll take Rose over Calderon any day of the weak.. And twice on game day.

TheMightyHumph
07-26-2016, 01:39 AM
Well... One thing I know is that I was very much aware of was Calderon's inability to drive or play at least at a moderate pace... His defense was the worst there was at PG perhaps in the entire league. He and Affalo was the worst starting backcourt in the league.. Or did I miss something?? I'll take Rose over Calderon any day of the weak.. And twice on game day.

Well, you got 'em.

lol, please
07-26-2016, 02:11 AM

He won't have to create for himself this next season.

Honestly I think we will see a career year for Melo. MVP-esque.

ewing
07-26-2016, 05:31 AM

i think you are woeful

DR_1
08-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Props for having confidence. Don't agree with him but that's the mindset you need to have

Wrigheyes4MVP
08-02-2016, 12:19 PM
The Knicks will probably miss the playoffs lol