PDA

View Full Version : Was this a Dumb move by the celtics or worth the Risk?

More-Than-Most
07-21-2016, 07:16 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/jae-crowder-celtics-pitch-showed-kevin-durant-everything-we-had-on-warriors-and-he-went-and-joined-them-418611.html

I think its a stupid stupid stupid move in my opinion. Thoughts?

McAllen Tx
07-21-2016, 07:24 PM
I'm sure GS has game tape and people to analyze the tape. I dont think they need KD to tell them how Boston beat them

More-Than-Most
07-21-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm sure GS has game tape and people to analyze the tape. I dont think they need KD to tell them how Boston beat them

There are things that other teams do that goes unnoticed... They basically told them their key points and unlike most I think the celtics are a threat out east over the next 2 seasons so them making a run at the finals isnt that far fetched with a big move next off season.... Warriors/celtics finals could happen next year or the year after and that could be huge.

CHANGO
07-21-2016, 07:29 PM
I can't believe they did that LMFAO. :laugh:

Dade County
07-21-2016, 07:48 PM
There are things that other teams do that goes unnoticed... They basically told them their key points and unlike most I think the celtics are a threat out east over the next 2 seasons so them making a run at the finals isnt that far fetched with a big move next off season.... Warriors/celtics finals could happen next year or the year after and that could be huge.

I cant see Boston in the Finals, in the next 2 seasons. Can you give some insight on who you think they might sign next offseason?

Also, do you think the signing of Horford pushes them pass the 1st rd? Just asking, because i mostly see big picture; & all i see is Warriors vs Lbj.

Until another team builds another super team, i just dont see another team winning it all (yes injuries can happen).

More-Than-Most
07-21-2016, 07:55 PM
I cant see Boston in the Finals, in the next 2 seasons. Can you give some insight on who you think they might sign next offseason?

Also, do you think the signing of Horford pushes them pass the 1st rd? Just asking, because i mostly see big picture; & all i see is Warriors vs Lbj.

Until another team builds another super team, i just dont see another team winning it all (yes injuries can happen).

I think they have the defensive depth that could hurt both the cavs and warriors in the long run on top of adding a blake could give the cavs a ton of problems. I am not saying they will get past the east this season or next I am just saying its not out of the realm of possibility of them adding a star via trade or free agency this year or next without giving up depth because of how valued the Nets picks are.... What if they trade for a blake and the add a Westy? The reason they are scary is because of their defense and because they have the ability to add via a trade without taking much away from their roster and that defensive depth along with what was good game planning would hurt the cavs/warriors.

The celtics/pacers/Raptors/Hawks are mostly on the upswing because of young players/cap/assets where the cavs only real way of getting better is if Kyrie continues his upward trend and TT improves further.... The cavs have nothing else going for them... If lebron declines the cavs are done... They are strapped for cap and have no real young talent as trade bait... Its all about matchups and this celtic team might not make the finals but their defense if they do could limit the warriors esp if they add a westy/Blake and so on... Just seems moronic to give away your game plans in my opinion.

Chronz
07-21-2016, 07:55 PM
This is why I dont buy the talk of people not putting themselves in Durants shoes, its not just the fans that are appalled by this.

More-Than-Most
07-21-2016, 08:01 PM
This is why I dont buy the talk of people not putting themselves in Durants shoes, its not just the fans that are appalled by this.

Lol I think its a coward move but my god Durant might actually be a ****ing genius man... Go to far and away the top team in the world while destroying 1 of the 2 real threats and your biggest competition and getting inside information on how another high upside team shuts down your new teammates.

Durant motha ****ing snowden

Dade County
07-21-2016, 08:08 PM
I think they have the defensive depth that could hurt both the cavs and warriors in the long run on top of adding a blake could give the cavs a ton of problems. I am not saying they will get past the east this season or next I am just saying its not out of the realm of possibility of them adding a star via trade or free agency this year or next without giving up depth because of how valued the Nets picks are.... What if they trade for a blake and the add a Westy? The reason they are scary is because of their defense and because they have the ability to add via a trade without taking much away from their roster and that defensive depth along with what was good game planning would hurt the cavs/warriors.

The celtics/pacers/Raptors/Hawks are mostly on the upswing because of young players/cap/assets where the cavs only real way of getting better is if Kyrie continues his upward trend and TT improves further.... The cavs have nothing else going for them... If lebron declines the cavs are done... They are strapped for cap and have no real young talent as trade bait... Its all about matchups and this celtic team might not make the finals but their defense if they do could limit the warriors esp if they add a westy/Blake and so on... Just seems moronic to give away your game plans in my opinion.

Ok...

If they can trade for Blake, you feel they would have a good chance to talk Russ into signing with them next off season.

We will see how it plays out. I dont see Boston pulling it off, but they do have some assets to start the chain.

I think the key player is AD. Hes the only hope to me that can start a chain, to build another super team. I really dont see Clippers trading Blake, but i can see a team signing both Westbrook & Blake this next upcoming offseaon.

I just hope some GM can pull it off.

More-Than-Most
07-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Ok...

If they can trade for Blake, you feel they would have a good chance to talk Russ into signing with them next off season.

We will see how it plays out. I dont see Boston pulling it off, but they do have some assets to start the chain.

I think the key player is AD. Hes the only hope to me that can start a chain, to build another super team. I really dont see Clippers trading Blake, but i can see a team signing both Westbrook & Blake this next upcoming offseaon.

I just hope some GM can pull it off.

the thing that makes their situation so interesting is that they could make those trades and still keep bradly/thomas/chrowder and others and still have their defensive depth because of the value of their pics and the net picks.... that is why it could give the warriors/cavs problems because they wont just be adding superstar or stars but they will be adding those while keeping guys above that can help shut down the currys/klays/kyries and limit the lebrons of the world playing man defense.

McAllen Tx
07-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Total non story. GS had people tho analyze game tape.

What I think is dumb is Boston using game tape as a sales pitch to court KD. So Boston beat both Cle & GS on their home court. And? What did they get for that? Whoopty ****en who.

Maybe GS showed KD game tape when Crowder got knocked the **** out by Smith.

More-Than-Most
07-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Total non story. GS had people tho analyze game tape.

What I think is dumb is Boston using game tape as a sales pitch to court KD. So Boston beat both Cle & GS on their home court. And? What did they get for that? Whoopty ****en who.

Maybe GS showed KD game tape when Crowder got knocked the **** out by Smith.

the heat had people to analyze game tape and the spurs still did what they did to James.... The warriors had game tape and the cavs still did what they did to curry... Having game tape doesnt mean a damn thing because of all the moving parts/players that go into game plans... You can pick things out of game tape but you cant completely understand a game plan from game tape from a game or 2... You just cant.... You dont think beating the warriors/cavs at home means anything? How many other teams did it this past season? How many teams beat both the cavs and warriors at home last season? Its starts with Boston and ends with the celtics.

Saddletramp
07-21-2016, 08:23 PM
That mighta helped sway KD. He just figured in joining GS, he wouldn't have to worry about pesky little tasks like "game planning for your opponent" or "watching tape".

But either way, this is dumb that they did that.

McAllen Tx
07-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Im 100% positive (w/o an inch of doubt) that when Boston was showing KD game tape he was thinking, "Why didn't these fools use game tape against Atlanta."

Also thinking, "Didnt you guys lose game 6 and the series at home." Show me that game tape.

koreancabbage
07-21-2016, 09:07 PM
It will be even more sweet when the GSW don't make it to the NBA finals lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
07-21-2016, 09:59 PM
It definitely isn't a good thing that he knows their gameplan. How much of a difference, if any, that makes though I really can't say. I mean first off, the Warriors replaced Barnes with Kevin Durant. That's a monumental upgrade. I can't imagine the way BOS or anyone else played them last year won't have to undergo some changes this year. So to what extent what they did is transferrable is unknown.

Some of it is bound to be transferrable and he'll know that but it could be something that teams could see on tape. I don't know what the "secrets" were so I can't say. It can only hurt (if it makes any impact at all) that he knows but none of us can genuinely say how much.

As far as why BOS did it, they pitched what they had. He has openly talked before/after meeting about how he likes BOS's coach and the way they play. They weren't going to wow him with the idea of teaming up with Crowder/Thomas/Smart. If they had any shot it was going to be Brad Stevens talking basketball with him IMO. Even with Durant BOS wasn't on paper as good as GS or CLE so it makes sense that they would explain to him how they would attack those teams and how Durant would fit into it. I like that they went X's and O's but if they gave away big secrets then that ****ing blows. IDK how else they could make a serious effort to sign him though other than to seriously explain to them why they could get him a title - which means beating CLE/GS.

KnicksorBust
07-21-2016, 10:13 PM
They were a long shot. They needed to do something unorthodox. Something special that might stick. That is a trust fall no doubt but worth the risk considering the upside vs the downside.

KnicksorBust
07-21-2016, 10:19 PM
A gameplan used to beat the Warriors a month ago is already obsolete.

ewing
07-22-2016, 09:46 PM
non story.

DR_1
08-01-2016, 02:56 PM
I imagine this happens whenever a big name free agent signs. Non story IMO Crowder is just salty.

mightybosstone
08-02-2016, 11:01 AM
But who cares? Unless Boston faces Golden State in the Finals, which is highly unlikely, this is kind of a moot point. And as other have said, I'm sure Golden State has people on staff analyzing game tape who can figure out why they're losing specific games. Basketball is not rocket science, and Brad Stevens is not doing anything so revolutionary to the game that it would slip past the eyes of knowledgeable basketball minds.

lamzoka
08-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Warriors pitch to KD
You can win a ring or 2 without us. We can another ring or 2 without you. But together we can we a bunch.