PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James waiting to re-sign a power play for Cousins?

Nikeman
07-18-2016, 07:33 PM
http://www.morningnewsusa.com/lebron-james-kevin-love-demarcus-cousins-2390543.html

This article echos what I've been thinking.

There is "no rush" but why wait? Clearly seems he's waiting for them to make a move to counter GS.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 07:44 PM
So many people hate on Cousins Esp laker fans... I wonder how quickly he will be called the best player ever and now lebron has all the weapons and yada yada yada if it does happen?

He is an upgrade in my opinion over love and this would make them better and is needed but still is a far cry from them coming close to the warriors.

krazylegz
07-18-2016, 08:04 PM
if the cavs somehow get boogie cousins.....wow

krazylegz
07-18-2016, 08:06 PM
So many people hate on Cousins Esp laker fans... I wonder how quickly he will be called the best player ever and now lebron has all the weapons and yada yada yada if it does happen?

He is an upgrade in my opinion over love and this would make them better and is needed but still is a far cry from them coming close to the warriors.

your delusional...if they get cousins,id call it even....who on the warriors would contend with him inside??david west??lol...zaza pachulia??....lol

DR_1
07-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Sacramento will not move Cousins unless the offer is out of this world since he still has 2 years left on his contract.

jerellh528
07-18-2016, 08:14 PM

Wtf lol. Lakers fans don't hate cousins as a player. They hate the idea of him being the leader of our young and impressionable team with a rookie HC. Obviously cousins is one of the better players in the NBA, but rosters and leadership matter in his case. Not only that but it's irritating hearing every single rumor about a big name connected to us, so it's natural to grow to dislike anything having to do with mentioning their name

JLynn943
07-18-2016, 08:14 PM
As a Kings fan, good luck. Vlade is opposed to trading DMC, and Joerger seems to be up to the challenge as his coach. I also don't think the Cavs have the necessary pieces to trade for Cousins.

lakerfan85
07-18-2016, 08:24 PM

I don't hate Cousins.. **** I wish he was a Laker..

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Lebron just said he's resigning with Cavs.

I think he was holding out so Cavs can Sign JR Smith. He's asking for 15mil per year. lol.

aman_13
07-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Love for Cousins is a horrible trade for the Kings.

aman_13
07-18-2016, 08:34 PM
As a Kings fan, good luck. Vlade is opposed to trading DMC, and Joerger seems to be up to the challenge as his coach. I also don't think the Cavs have the necessary pieces to trade for Cousins.

Yup, they don't.

Romo2Bryant
07-18-2016, 08:44 PM
LeBron probably waiting for JR Smith to get his contract. Also, if they re-sign Smith, will they continue to be aggressive by trading their TPE -- or will Dan Gilbert try avoid paying extra tax money after winning a championship? Most likely Gilbert will continue to pay the extra money, but maybe LeBron wants to see if he will actually do it.

WaDe03
07-18-2016, 08:47 PM
That's not happening lol.

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Gilbert should call Lebrons Bluff, he's not going anywhere.

Sly Guy
07-18-2016, 08:58 PM
cousins to Cle makes them the favorites IMO. But only IFF they can get boogie to buy into a smaller role than he's been used to his entire career.

Chronz
07-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Holy **** LeBron hasn't signed yet

tp13baby
07-18-2016, 09:19 PM
No doubt boogie is the better player but DMC can't spread the floor like Love and that iso offense all your doing is congesting the middle and taking away Lebrons strength. Sac town is either keeping Boogie or rebuilding. Not taking on Love. Although I wouldn't trust Vlade with anything.

aman_13
07-18-2016, 09:25 PM
No doubt boogie is the better player but DMC can't spread the floor like Love and that iso offense all your doing is congesting the middle and taking away Lebrons strength. Sac town is either keeping Boogie or rebuilding. Not taking on Love. Although I wouldn't trust Vlade with anything.

Good point, you can argue that it would be a bad trade for the Cavs considering fit.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Wtf lol. Lakers fans don't hate cousins as a player. They hate the idea of him being the leader of our young and impressionable team with a rookie HC. Obviously cousins is one of the better players in the NBA, but rosters and leadership matter in his case. Not only that but it's irritating hearing every single rumor about a big name connected to us, so it's natural to grow to dislike anything having to do with mentioning their name

ugh empty stats and yada yada yada remember? I have never seen someone not named James hated on more than Cousins.

aman_13
07-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Holy **** LeBron hasn't signed yet

Only a matter of time. He will be back.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:31 PM
your delusional...if they get cousins,id call it even....who on the warriors would contend with him inside??david west??lol...zaza pachulia??....lol

Lol what? Even? They were already a good bit ahead of them even before they got Durant a top 3-4 player in the world... But adding cousins makes them even? WHAT?

Lets be clear... Just because the cavs won they were and are not the better team even before the warriors got durant... Lebron had to play like nobody has ever played before in those final 3 games to win those final 3 games and that wont happen again... If he is even slightly not god like they arent champions right now... If curry even shows up somewhat they arent champions right now... I dont care about the draymond suspension because I think they win that game anyway but Iggy getting hurt and curry playing like **** and lebron/kyrie playing like gods got them that championship.... Do you honestly believe all 4 of those things will happen ever again? Curry will be his god like self nomatter if I like it or not... Iggy back will be better and draymond wont be suspended and lebron will be a year older.. The only way this team becomes even is if they sign cousins/Curry dies and kyrie emerges as a top 10 player in the league.

This was my take even before the cavs pulled off a miracle.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:32 PM
I don't hate Cousins.. **** I wish he was a Laker..

there is like 3 of you that really really liked him and wanted him and others refused to give up randle and so on for him and would go to empty stats.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Gilbert should call Lebrons Bluff, he's not going anywhere.

i bet people thought that before he left for the heat as well right? The dude just had the goat finals performance and brought their team back from 3-1 for their first championship.. You dont call his bluff. I hate lebron the GM but you do what he wants at this point because without him that team doesnt make the playoffs

Tony_Starks
07-18-2016, 09:40 PM
You're delusional if you think the majority of Laker fans don't like Cousins.

We don't like him enough to give up all our young players but he's easily the most skilled big man in the game.

Any team would be lucky to get him, especially if you have a young players coach like Lue or Luke to connect with him.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Lol I dont think the cavs are better than the spurs if they added cousins let alone the warriors. People not understanding fit/matchups etc... Cousins doesnt fit like a glove like durant does with the warriors. Kyrie doesnt play defense and Lebron is still passive at times and cant sustain that type of play like last year. I cant see any argument for the cavs over the spurs or warriors.... Everyone else? Sure.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:47 PM

We don't like him enough to give up all our young players but he's easily the most skilled big man in the game.

Any team would be lucky to get him, especially if you have a young players coach like Lue or Luke to connect with him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?893952-UPDATE-Kings-and-Lakers-continue-to-discuss-Demarcus-Cousins-trade/page6&highlight=cousins

I got more threads and tidbits.... Some of you WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE TAKING OKA WITH THE 2ND PICK SAID YOUD RATHER HAVE OKA OVER COUSINS.

The only people that wanted cousins wanted him for randle or the 2nd pick straight up.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:55 PM

You didnt want to give up the number 2 pick for him and instead wanted

#2 for cousins and #6 I would do. Not straight up though.

Lmfao to you cousins one of the top 20 players in basketball was worth moving up 4 whole spots

Here is something else you said until you guys decided to draft Russell

Don't get me wrong, cousins is a good player. Just not worth the potential impact of the #2 pic. The Kings have been bottom dwellers his entire duration there, you would think a 7 footer who scores that much would at least be somewhat impactful on the W column, but his inefficient style for a C and alleged "attitude problems" aren't a headache I want to take on, when we can get okafor in the draft who I fully expect to be a better player than cousins.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Here is the thread where everyone loved oka and hated cousins

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?893802-Lakers-trying-to-get-Cousins/page6&highlight=cousins

EXCEPT ME... My god I am someone that follows the draft closely and the players but damn do we overrate the **** out of guys whom havent played in the NBA yet

Cousins got **** on so badly in this nba area for so ****ing long

tp13baby
07-18-2016, 10:15 PM
Lol I dont think the cavs are better than the spurs if they added cousins let alone the warriors. People not understanding fit/matchups etc... Cousins doesnt fit like a glove like durant does with the warriors. Kyrie doesnt play defense and Lebron is still passive at times and cant sustain that type of play like last year. I cant see any argument for the cavs over the spurs or warriors.... Everyone else? Sure.

Exactly. Just because he is a world talent and better than Love doesn't mean he fits. I can name far less superior players that would benefit the Cavs more.

Millsap
Dirk
Hell even Ryan Anderson.

They are better off with Love.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2016, 10:17 PM
Exactly. Just because he is a world talent and better than Love doesn't mean he fits. I can name far less superior players that would benefit the Cavs more.

Millsap
Dirk
Hell even Ryan Anderson.

I honestly would trade love for any 2 way player at this point... Kyrie and love playing together with their horrid defense is bad but if you can get a 2 way perimeter defender that would be so gold for this cavs team going against a warriors team

but yes you understand :love:

Tony_Starks
07-18-2016, 10:42 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?893952-UPDATE-Kings-and-Lakers-continue-to-discuss-Demarcus-Cousins-trade/page6&highlight=cousins

I got more threads and tidbits.... Some of you WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE TAKING OKA WITH THE 2ND PICK SAID YOUD RATHER HAVE OKA OVER COUSINS.

The only people that wanted cousins wanted him for randle or the 2nd pick straight up.

A) why in the world would we want to give up the number 2 pick AND Randle, even for Cousins? That would be dumb, basically giving up a younger starting front court.

B) why are you in Laker forums? You have a unhealthy obsession with our team and go to great lengths to generalize Laker fans.

C) why are you typing in caps?

Drink some green tea and listen to a Drake album dude, relax.

Monta is beast
07-18-2016, 11:31 PM
What would they give up to get him. No way Kevin Love is the best piece sac would get offered for cousins

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Cavs should just trade Love for a 1 year rental of Paul Milsap.

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 12:34 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

OK Lakers fans, stop fronting.

Its just as you said MTM.

They didn't want him, but as soon as he may go to the Cavs, he is Z greatest.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tony_Starks
07-19-2016, 12:35 AM
I would only trade Love for Cousins. Otherwise I'm good with riding it out with him. His playoffs was shaky but he definitely showed up when they needed him in game 7.

That's all that counts.

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 12:37 AM

Millsap
Dirk
Hell even Ryan Anderson.

Not against Golden State though.

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 12:39 AM
A) why in the world would we want to give up the number 2 pick AND Randle, even for Cousins? That would be dumb, basically giving up a younger starting front court.

B) why are you in Laker forums? You have a unhealthy obsession with our team and go to great lengths to generalize Laker fans.

Why are you salty that he just proved his point doe?

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 12:40 AM
Teams aren't beating Sacs door down for Cousins. Love is the best player you can get for him.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2016, 12:43 AM

Because Cousins--------------------------------->Randle and OKA at that point in time and now... OKA WAS THE BEST THING EVER PER THAT THREAD UNTIL RUSSELL WAS PICKED.... I am speaking in caps because its crazy how hate dictates peoples opinions from move to move... Now cousins is the best player ever and the cavs will be almost as good as the warriors and lebron getting all the help lol... Its to easy anymore and I am in the lakers forum because I love Russell/Ingram more than most laker fans and have loved them before they became lakers and didnt just start to love them because they went to said team and I am in there because there are actually some good posters in there.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2016, 12:44 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

OK Lakers fans, stop fronting.

Its just as you said MTM.

They didn't want him, but as soon as he may go to the Cavs, he is Z greatest.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its a joke... it really really is.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2016, 12:47 AM
I would only trade Love for Cousins. Otherwise I'm good with riding it out with him. His playoffs was shaky but he definitely showed up when they needed him in game 7.

That's all that counts.

No... No its not. What counts is being great and not an irrelevant player for 95 percent of the series only to be bailed out by lebron james and kyrie irving. The warriors got better after already being a better team before getting better so the cavs riding it out is the worst thing they can do. Love doesn't fit.... Love is bad at defense.... Being on the floor with kyrie who is also bad at defense is a recipe for disaster against a great defensive team in the spurs and great 2 way team in the warriors.

Cousins would be an upgrade but they should trade love for any good 2 way player that fits... That is more important than anything instead of riding it out because kevin Love wasnt complete horseshit in a game 7

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 01:07 AM
Love balled out every other game in the playoffs until the got to the finals. He's just a bad matchup against GS. But everyone is a bad match up against GS. The reason I like Cousins is because he can provide the Cavs with something that GS won't have an answer for.

Like MTM said, I don't think getting Cousins makes the Cavs better than GS. And like a few of you said, Kevin Love fits really well offensively with the Cavs against most teams. And Love's defense is serviceable against 80% of the teams in the NBA as well. But none of that matters. The only thing that matters is how well he can be against GS.

I'd bet that the Kings win more games with Love than they do with Cousins. Love is a great player, don't get it twisted. A PF who can shoot 42% from 3, give you 11 rebounds automatically, high IQ and can put up 25 points whenever he wants (Unless Lebron tells him he can't). Kings fans are really undervaluing Love. You guys are judging Love vs the best regular season team ever against Cousins in the regular season against scrubs when he is being force fed the ball. IMO Love and Cousins in the same situation have equal impact. Kevin Love on MN was just as impactful if not more impactful than Cousins. If Cousins go to the Cavs, Boogies stats will look like garbage next to Love's stats next season.

Lakers + Giants
07-19-2016, 01:36 AM
I dont like cousins for his attitude not because of his game. I don't think his attitude has improved since his "he's only 20" days. I don't think he'll change tbh. Would I hate him becoming a laker tho? Doubt it.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2016, 01:54 AM
He needs an alpha... He would be fine under a james/wade/Green/Klay/Paul and so on down the list in my opinion.

mrblisterdundee
07-19-2016, 02:18 AM
That "article" was basically the guy's opinion. The only source it cited was Cleveland's general manager indicating he doesn't want to trade Kevin Love. And like other people have said, the Cavaliers don't have the pieces to get DeMarcus Cousins.
They could try to offer Love for Rudy Gay, Willie Cauley-Stein and either Darren Collison or Kosta Koufos. Cleveland gets better fits and better defense, while Sacramento gets some badly needed shooting and passing.

FlashBolt
07-19-2016, 03:04 AM
If LeBron can make J.R. change, he can turn the devil into an angel.

naps
07-19-2016, 03:19 AM
DMC is a bad fit for the Cavs. People just look at names and go OMG!

Sssmush
07-19-2016, 06:51 AM
If Cleveland could trade Tristan Thompson or Love + Kyrie + a 1st round pick for Demarcus Cousins they should do it. That would be a good trade for them actually.

Not sure that Sacramento does the deal, but in the course of 3-4 years, that Demarcus Cousins-Lebron pairing (with JR etc around them) with Tyron Lue coaching, especially if they can add a few bargain players who can shoot the 3, that team would be better than the Tristan/Love/Kyrie/Lebron mix they have now. Actually if Cleveland could get that deal they should jump all over it.

IndyRealist
07-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Cousins' stock is not very high right now. He's got a ton of baggage and doesn't win enough for people to ignore it.

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 09:57 AM
If Cleveland could trade Tristan Thompson or Love + Kyrie + a 1st round pick for Demarcus Cousins they should do it. That would be a good trade for them actually.

Not sure that Sacramento does the deal, but in the course of 3-4 years, that Demarcus Cousins-Lebron pairing (with JR etc around them) with Tyron Lue coaching, especially if they can add a few bargain players who can shoot the 3, that team would be better than the Tristan/Love/Kyrie/Lebron mix they have now. Actually if Cleveland could get that deal they should jump all over it.

ahahahahahahahaha. Not sure if serious with this bs trade. Maybe they should throw Lebron in but I'm still not sure that Sac would do it, but if Sac would, Cavs should be all over it. SMH

TylerSL
07-19-2016, 10:32 AM
Cousins is not going to the Cavaliers, the Kings are going to make him waste 2 more years before he can finally leave that franchise. Even if the Kings were going to trade him, Cleveland couldn't put a package together to make a deal. A trade for Cousins would take a strong package of young talent and future picks. So Cousins is an impossibility.

What Cleveland could try to do is swap Kevin Love for Blake Griffin. I'm not saying the Clippers will agree to such a thing but Griffin is going to entertain his options next summer and the Clippers are just getting older. They've had Chris Paul's age 27-31 seasons, Griffin's age 23-27 seasons in that span as well, and all they have to show for it is three second round appearances. If they were seriously going to compete for a championship with this team they would have already. The Clippers have had 5 years and cannot do it. They are the same team every year, which isn't good enough. So if the Clippers don't make the conference finals next season do both Griffin and Paul walk? I find it likely, CP3 is dying to win and Griffin still has his best years in front of him.

To put it simply, Love still has 4 years left on his deal while Blake very well could walk next summer. Getting Love and one or two first round picks would be good value for only 1 guaranteed year of Blake. Granted, if Griffin joined Lebron he would certainly be staying put. Again, I'm not saying that the Clippers would go for it, I'm just trying to make the case from Cleveland's perspective. It's something I would offer today if I were the Cavaliers. If they could pair Lebron, Kyrie, and Blake it could be something special.

xxplayerxx23
07-19-2016, 10:48 AM

Cousins with the right team could be a top 8'player

FlashBolt
07-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Any talks about trading Kyrie is 100% stupid. He's the Cavs most valuable piece right now outside of LeBron (who God knows is about 2-3 years before he starts a huge decline). Kyrie Irving is getting paid $16 million when elite PG's will demand $25 million MINIMUM. His contract is an absolute Godsend. So it Tristan's. Those two are literally must have pieces. Both of them take up $32 million in a league where Mike Conley is getting $30 million. Let's be honest here; after Stephen Curry's contract ends this season, Kyrie probably has the most affordable contract out there.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-19-2016, 01:38 PM
The Cavs don't have the pieces. The Kings need to trade Cousins, but not for Love. They need draft picks... multiple draft picks. Boston has the pieces to make it happen, not Cleveland. The Lakers also have the pieces. But, one top pick for Cousins isn't enough unless it's the top pick and there is a legit top prospect available. Otherwise, it needs to be multiple picks or one top pick along with a package of young players.

Sorry, but De'Angelo Russell isn't enough by himself. Needs to be their 1st round pick next year as well. All I know is the Kings need to start looking to trade him now or else is value is going to diminish as FA nears closer. A top pick and a promising young player or two top picks should get it done and Vlade needs to be willing to pull the trigger.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Cousins' stock is not very high right now. He's got a ton of baggage and doesn't win enough for people to ignore it.

I disagree. I think his value is as high as ever after the numbers he just put up last season. I just think Vlade doesn't want to trade him right now. He needs to though.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-19-2016, 01:41 PM

Lol as a Kings fan where can I sign up for this?

GSRaider
07-19-2016, 02:32 PM
As a Warriors fan I hope the Cavs get Cousins... makes it interesting

CardinalRed24
07-19-2016, 03:02 PM

As a Laker fan,I like Cousins, but no, I would not give up **** for him. Russell-Clarkson-Ingram-Randle need to stay put. I wouldn't trade any of them for Westbrook or Cousina for various reasons. Lakers need to let these guys grow together naturally. We already have a very nice foundation that WILL turn into something special over time. Neither Cousins or Westy are solutions for us.

CardinalRed24
07-19-2016, 03:05 PM
As a Warriors fan I hope the Cavs get Cousins... makes it interesting

I hear that. Cuz as of now its basically a wrap barring significant injury.

tp13baby
07-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Not against Golden State though.

Still better than DMC. DMC is a top 10 player in my opinion. But defensively he would get abused by GSW super lineup. Offensively, it is Lebron and Kyrie going iso and their ability to drive would be hampered by DMC because DMC can't shoot like Love.

Millsap would be the best player for them, but Love is still better than DMC in that system.

tp13baby
07-19-2016, 05:10 PM
That "article" was basically the guy's opinion. The only source it cited was Cleveland's general manager indicating he doesn't want to trade Kevin Love. And like other people have said, the Cavaliers don't have the pieces to get DeMarcus Cousins.
They could try to offer Love for Rudy Gay, Willie Cauley-Stein and either Darren Collison or Kosta Koufos. Cleveland gets better fits and better defense, while Sacramento gets some badly needed shooting and passing.

This to me makes more sense than DMC.

I dont like cousins for his attitude not because of his game. I don't think his attitude has improved since his "he's only 20" days. I don't think he'll change tbh. Would I hate him becoming a laker tho? Doubt it.

I think his attitude is misunderstood. The Kings organization is a joke. Vlade should be fired. Before Malone ran the show he had attitude issues, but every player that talks about him pays so much respect to him. He is a fiery dude. But like Caron Butler said, you know exactly what he expects and all he wants is to win. Paraphrasing that when he was on ESPN.

IndyRealist
07-19-2016, 05:24 PM
I disagree. I think his value is as high as ever after the numbers he just put up last season. I just think Vlade doesn't want to trade him right now. He needs to though.

What did he do last season? His TS% was down, his defensive and offensive rebounding down, free throw rate down. The only thing he did more of was shoot 3s at a poor rate. His previous 2 season were better than last year.

IndyRealist
07-19-2016, 05:27 PM

WCS on a rookie contract is worth more than Kevin Love on a max deal, right now. That's a move you make if you're a contender and think that Love puts you over the top. That's not a move you make if you're at the bottom trying to climb up.

tp13baby
07-19-2016, 05:37 PM
WCS on a rookie contract is worth more than Kevin Love on a max deal, right now. That's a move you make if you're a contender and think that Love puts you over the top. That's not a move you make if you're at the bottom trying to climb up.

You are talking about the Kings organization though. They just drafted players who aren't close to helping them now to keep DMC happy and build a contender.

Sssmush
07-19-2016, 10:11 PM
ahahahahahahahaha. Not sure if serious with this bs trade. Maybe they should throw Lebron in but I'm still not sure that Sac would do it, but if Sac would, Cavs should be all over it. SMH

No actually I'm serious.

Kyrie is great and had a great Finals, however his durability is suspect. That affects the equation.

Tristan Thompson is ok but not great, and seems to have some emotional or maturity issues as well.

Kevin Love is wildly overrated (or was) and in the Finals was able to impress and redeem himself simply by yanking the ball out of the hands of some rebounders and fighting for a couple jump balls and managing to sink a couple of 3s.

In Demarcus Cousins you are talking about easily the best pure center in the league, a physical presence that is actually greater and more powerful than even Lebron.

In Cousins you are talking about an absolute BEAST that is far superior to guys like Anthony Davis, KAT, and Marc Gasol. While those guys may excel in various stats and PER, Cousins is by far the superior physical presence and is unrivalled at this point in the league (with no Shaq out there) and he hasn't even reached his prime.

If you could bite the bullet and trade Kyrie + either an overrated Love or a mediocre Tristan Thompson + a 1st, and get back DEMARCUS COUSINS then *yikes* you would be pairing a more or less prime Lebron with a just reaching prime Demarcus Cousins and you are looking at a solid 5 years of absolute Kobe-Shaq like awesomeness.

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 10:19 PM
No actually I'm serious.

Kyrie is great and had a great Finals, however his durability is suspect. That affects the equation.

Tristan Thompson is ok but not great, and seems to have some emotional or maturity issues as well.

Kevin Love is wildly overrated (or was) and in the Finals was able to impress and redeem himself simply by yanking the ball out of the hands of some rebounders and fighting for a couple jump balls and managing to sink a couple of 3s.

In Demarcus Cousins you are talking about easily the best pure center in the league, a physical presence that is actually greater and more powerful than even Lebron.

In Cousins you are talking about an absolute BEAST that is far superior to guys like Anthony Davis, KAT, and Marc Gasol. While those guys may excel in various stats and PER, Cousins is by far the superior physical presence and is unrivalled at this point in the league (with no Shaq out there) and he hasn't even reached his prime.

If you could bite the bullet and trade Kyrie + either an overrated Love or a mediocre Tristan Thompson + a 1st, and get back DEMARCUS COUSINS then *yikes* you would be pairing a more or less prime Lebron with a just reaching prime Demarcus Cousins and you are looking at a solid 5 years of absolute Kobe-Shaq like awesomeness.

Demarcus is no where near Shaq. Its so far apart in so many aspects its crazy. If Demarcus was in place of Shaq the Lakers have zero titles bro. ZERO.

IKnowHoops
07-19-2016, 10:20 PM
I'd trade Kyrie and Love and a 1st for Prime Shaq in a heartbeat. If Cousins was close to Prime Shaq, like in the Prime Drob, Prime Hakeem, Prime Duncan area then Sac would have won 50 games last year at minimum.

ClevelandSpider
07-20-2016, 12:06 AM
No actually I'm serious.

What you just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling of incoherent nonsense did you even come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone here is now dumber for having read that. Please kindly refrain from posting again and may God have mercy on your soul.

europagnpilgrim
07-20-2016, 01:03 AM
Love for Cousins is a horrible trade for the Kings.

Not if Cousins demands a trade publicly or troops out his deal and then walks for nothing, then Love would be a nice addition to at least get a player who use to put up basically similar numbers

only time will tell since I guess Cousins has a couple years lefts on his deal

Sssmush
07-20-2016, 03:43 AM
Not if Cousins demands a trade publicly or troops out his deal and then walks for nothing, then Love would be a nice addition to at least get a player who use to put up basically similar numbers

only time will tell since I guess Cousins has a couple years lefts on his deal

Yeah... Kevin Love is not even remotely worth Demarcus Cousins. In fact if it was me, my team, I'd have to seriously consider whether it was better to just let Demarcus Cousins leave in free agency unrestricted for nothing and have all that cap space, rather than get 4 years at $110M+ or whatever for Kevin Love.

That's just me. I wouldn't give you Lakers rookie Zubac for Kevin Love.

Sssmush
07-20-2016, 03:54 AM
Demarcus is no where near Shaq. Its so far apart in so many aspects its crazy. If Demarcus was in place of Shaq the Lakers have zero titles bro. ZERO.

Yeah I'm not saying that Cousins is like a prime Shaq, just saying that because Demarcus IS such a beast and outside of Deandre Jordan, if I'm not mistaken, just has a different kind of physicality and a different set of tools than any other center in the league. He is in no way a prime Shaq, but just in terms of how he stacks up in the current league and the fact of his huge size plus athleticism and strength.

The analogy I made is Lebron/Cousins to Kobe/Shaq. Which I think could be a very excellent combination. Not saying that they WOULD BE Kobe/Shaq (because really, there is nothing like Shaq and Kobe's ability at that age was otherwordly).

But in their own way, Lebron/Cousins might be a very dominant combo. It is analagous because of the wing player / center combo. Lebron is obviously much more physical and is larger than Kobe and (amazingly) more athletic and a supreme defender. Demarcus Cousins is not as strong as Shaq or as dominant a post player on offense but he can shoot FTs a bit better can move around differently and do some different things than Shaq.

And the synergy of putting Lebron with Demarcus Cousins could be significant. I mean let's say for the sake of conversation you traded Kyrie + Love + a 1st for Demarcus Cousins. As I mentioned it's known that there are questions about Kyrie's durability sometimes, so he's not always there 100% of the time and that factors.

So then you've got

Demarcus C
Thompson PF
Lebron SF

and then let's say next summer you sign Westbrook in free agency. And you've still got JR Smith and some other nice pieces lying around. I mean am I taking crazy pills here or something? I'd do that deal in a freaking second. You got your title with Kyrie, you probably not getting another one, so get out while your ahead and make the move.

IKnowHoops
07-20-2016, 04:12 AM
Yeah I'm not saying that Cousins is like a prime Shaq, just saying that because Demarcus IS such a beast and outside of Deandre Jordan, if I'm not mistaken, just has a different kind of physicality and a different set of tools than any other center in the league. He is in no way a prime Shaq, but just in terms of how he stacks up in the current league and the fact of his huge size plus athleticism and strength.

The analogy I made is Lebron/Cousins to Kobe/Shaq. Which I think could be a very excellent combination. Not saying that they WOULD BE Kobe/Shaq (because really, there is nothing like Shaq and Kobe's ability at that age was otherwordly).

But in their own way, Lebron/Cousins might be a very dominant combo. It is analagous because of the wing player / center combo. Lebron is obviously much more physical and is larger than Kobe and (amazingly) more athletic and a supreme defender. Demarcus Cousins is not as strong as Shaq or as dominant a post player on offense but he can shoot FTs a bit better can move around differently and do some different things than Shaq.

And the synergy of putting Lebron with Demarcus Cousins could be significant. I mean let's say for the sake of conversation you traded Kyrie + Love + a 1st for Demarcus Cousins. As I mentioned it's known that there are questions about Kyrie's durability sometimes, so he's not always there 100% of the time and that factors.

So then you've got

Demarcus C
Thompson PF
Lebron SF

and then let's say next summer you sign Westbrook in free agency. And you've still got JR Smith and some other nice pieces lying around. I mean am I taking crazy pills here or something? I'd do that deal in a freaking second. You got your title with Kyrie, you probably not getting another one, so get out while your ahead and make the move.

Id rather have AD and KAT over Cousins next season pretty easily. I like Cousins but I like those guys more. And neither are head cases. Love is getting paid 10 mill less per year than Conley. Like 6 million less per year than Whiteside. Id take Love easily over those two.

mrblisterdundee
07-20-2016, 04:10 PM

If you're keeping Cousins, and you already have like four or five other centers, what's the big deal in getting rid of Cauley-Stein? Love is a better fit in Sacramento. He can spread the offense out more than any other player on that team.

Tony_Starks
07-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Bringing in Cousins would definitely make them the favorites, I'm just not buying the notion that they "have to" make that move.

They're the champs until somebody beats them, and Love hasn't even hit his plateau in his role yet.

If Cousins can be had then great but if I'm Cleveland I'm definitely not losing any sleep over it.

smith&wesson
07-20-2016, 04:50 PM
if Divac doesn't trade Cousins he will lose him for nothing.

1. Cousins is under contract this coming season and next. If you trade him this season, the team trading for him still has one more year of control on his contract so you can get the most value for him.

2. if you don't trade him this season, and try to trade him next season, he will be an expiring contract and teams will not offer nearly as much for a player who could leave at the end of the season.

3. if you don't trade him at all, 99.9% chance he leaves in free agency and you get nothing.

The best option is pretty evident. It would have been a different story if they build a decent team around him, but why on earth would Cousins resign with the Kings. He would have to be insane to do so.

At this point a player like Love is not a bad return because we have all seen what Love can do as a first option. The other option would be to trade him for a package of young players and picks in order to rebuild. That again would have to happen this season though because no one is going to give you a package with lottery picks for an expiring contract.

smith&wesson
07-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Bringing in Cousins would definitely make them the favorites, I'm just not buying the notion that they "have to" make that move.

They're the champs until somebody beats them, and Love hasn't even hit his plateau in his role yet.

If Cousins can be had then great but if I'm Cleveland I'm definitely not losing any sleep over it.

Cousins gives the Cavs a dynamic they don't have though which could give them the edge over GSW.. No one on golden state can guard Cousins. They don't have a big who can contain him... So in terms of match ups the cavs woud really benefit from having a big like Cousins.

Love will never reach his full potential on the cavs because he simply is not a good fit along side LeBron.

IndyRealist
07-20-2016, 05:07 PM
If you're keeping Cousins, and you already have like four or five other centers, what's the big deal in getting rid of Cauley-Stein? Love is a better fit in Sacramento. He can spread the offense out more than any other player on that team.

On the contrary, WCS is a better fit. He does everything that Cousins doesn't do from the big position, without demanding the ball and cutting into Cousins' shots. WCS is the EXACT kind of player Cousins needs next to him.

Kevin Love needs the offense built around him, without another post up big clogging the paint. Love is a good 3pt shooter because he draws bigs out to the 3pt line, when they want to be in the paint. With another post player present, those bigs simply switch and guard the paint, while a SF/PF comes out to guard Love. He can't punish that smaller player in the post, because Cousins would be in the way, allowing him to be doubled.

What you want Love in Sactown for is exactly why he doesn't fit in Cleveland, to stand in the corner and shoot 3s. Love and Cousins would tie up $37M of the cap and not get you 50 wins.

Sssmush
07-20-2016, 06:18 PM

1. Cousins is under contract this coming season and next. If you trade him this season, the team trading for him still has one more year of control on his contract so you can get the most value for him.

2. if you don't trade him this season, and try to trade him next season, he will be an expiring contract and teams will not offer nearly as much for a player who could leave at the end of the season.

3. if you don't trade him at all, 99.9% chance he leaves in free agency and you get nothing.

The best option is pretty evident. It would have been a different story if they build a decent team around him, but why on earth would Cousins resign with the Kings. He would have to be insane to do so.

At this point a player like Love is not a bad return because we have all seen what Love can do as a first option. The other option would be to trade him for a package of young players and picks in order to rebuild. That again would have to happen this season though because no one is going to give you a package with lottery picks for an expiring contract.

But unless it is like Carmelo going home to NY and signing, then whoever makes that trade is just trading for the same problem/situation that Sacramento is in: i.e., that youve got 1 year and then he is in his free agent year and if he leaves he leaves for nothing. So whatever you give up to get Cousins you are risking giving away for nothing.

Also, again, Kevin Love is not worth anywhere near Demarcus Cousins. That is just ludicrous.

One year of Kevin Love playing reasonably well and managing to not epically embarass himself in the Finals (although it was close there for 3-4 games...) simply does not give KLove enough fake trade value for any such deal. I mean if he is worth Vousins then trade him for Westbrook instead. Right? Seriously, if Klove is worth anything in that ballpark trade him for Westbrook.

Any team that bails out Cleveland like that with a Love trade (and who knows the league might want that) will be absolving them of the horrible Wiggins trade that will just seem worse and worse every year.

If you could kyrie+love+1st for Cousins, then Cleveland is the one place and Lebron the one guy who could get Cousins into solid steel formation and keep him signed there

Sssmush
07-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Like think about it. 2015 Finals, Kyrie and Love on the bench. What if you had Cousins in there PLAYING instead?

Sssmush
07-20-2016, 06:26 PM
And again for the record I really feel that GSW actually won 10 games against the Cavs combined in the last two Finals, but the refs REALLY had their say this year. But whatever.

However NOW you've got Nike's #2 player on GSW who needs a ring. That equals no ring for Lebron, at least until the epic Lebron comeback/redemption narrative of 2018.

#witness

ClevelandSpider
07-20-2016, 06:33 PM
And again for the record I really feel that GSW actually won 10 games against the Cavs combined in the last two Finals, but the refs REALLY had their say this year. But whatever.

However NOW you've got Nike's #2 player on GSW who needs a ring. That equals no ring for Lebron, at least until the epic Lebron comeback/redemption narrative of 2018.

#witness

Dude just stop. Every subsequent post you makes gets more and more insanely idiotic. It's very clear you have no idea what you're talking about so just stop, it's embarrassing and I feel bad for you

Tony_Starks
07-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Cousins gives the Cavs a dynamic they don't have though which could give them the edge over GSW.. No one on golden state can guard Cousins. They don't have a big who can contain him... So in terms of match ups the cavs woud really benefit from having a big like Cousins.

Love will never reach his full potential on the cavs because he simply is not a good fit along side LeBron.

I agree with Cousins giving them the edge over Golden State but I disagree about Love. Overall he was pretty solid in the playoffs and even after he fell off, when he went back to the basics of just hustling for boards he had a Huge impact in game 7.

Basically with Cousins Cleveland has the upper hand but if it's still Love with the benefit of Lue coaching him for a year they're still a legit 50/50 shot to beat the Warriors IMO (assuming they are there)

You're also taking for granted that Cousins will just blend right in with no chemistry issues btw. Quite possible, but still risky...

HOLD_THIS_L
07-20-2016, 07:37 PM
To beat GSW get a 3 and D sf move Bron To PF got the series. Boom

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-21-2016, 10:11 AM

It's a bad move because building a team around Love is not going to put the Kings in the playoffs. They need to get a top draft pick or two for Cousins. That's the move that makes sense for the Kings. Kevin Love is a pointless acquisition for the Kings. They don't want to trade Cousins for someone older. They need youth and draft picks.

MarkieMark48
07-21-2016, 12:52 PM
But unless it is like Carmelo going home to NY and signing, then whoever makes that trade is just trading for the same problem/situation that Sacramento is in: i.e., that youve got 1 year and then he is in his free agent year and if he leaves he leaves for nothing. So whatever you give up to get Cousins you are risking giving away for nothing.

Also, again, Kevin Love is not worth anywhere near Demarcus Cousins. That is just ludicrous.

One year of Kevin Love playing reasonably well and managing to not epically embarass himself in the Finals (although it was close there for 3-4 games...) simply does not give KLove enough fake trade value for any such deal. I mean if he is worth Vousins then trade him for Westbrook instead. Right? Seriously, if Klove is worth anything in that ballpark trade him for Westbrook.

Any team that bails out Cleveland like that with a Love trade (and who knows the league might want that) will be absolving them of the horrible Wiggins trade that will just seem worse and worse every year.

If you could kyrie+love+1st for Cousins, then Cleveland is the one place and Lebron the one guy who could get Cousins into solid steel formation and keep him signed there

Iduno man, it might take Kyrie, Love, 1st, Lebron, Thompson, Jefferson, and Shumpert to get him. Then maybe they could do a sign-and-trade with JR Smith for like a 2020 2nd rounder and it would be close to even, I still think Cleveland would be the beneficiary of that trade though...

JLynn943
07-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Iduno man, it might take Kyrie, Love, 1st, Lebron, Thompson, Jefferson, and Shumpert to get him. Then maybe they could do a sign-and-trade with JR Smith for like a 2020 2nd rounder and it would be close to even, I still think Cleveland would be the beneficiary of that trade though...

Nah, we don't want Shumpert.

FlashBolt
07-21-2016, 05:22 PM
It's a bad move because building a team around Love is not going to put the Kings in the playoffs. They need to get a top draft pick or two for Cousins. That's the move that makes sense for the Kings. Kevin Love is a pointless acquisition for the Kings. They don't want to trade Cousins for someone older. They need youth and draft picks.

But Cousins didn't make the playoffs, either. So in terms of their situation now, I think they are better off taking Love and his AFFORDABLE contract. He's getting paid $22 million and as a first option, can put up 20/10 in his sleep. He's looked bad on the Cavs because who the hell would have great numbers if they are standing outside in the three point line? It was just a bad fit for him in the Cavs. The move that makes sense for the Kings is getting Love (who is locked in for four more years) and then inserting him into a 2nd option player and let your players develop and try to sign a marquee free agent. Maybe Stein can develop into an elite level center and then your front court is top notch. And rebuilding isn't something Kings have done well with. They don't have the management and system in place to do so and no one is willing to trade away their best assets for Cousins expiring contract unless they are one piece away from making their team significantly better to contend for the title (which the Cavs are in place to do).

IKnowHoops
07-21-2016, 07:46 PM

Its not a bad move because you can deal Love for potentially even more to a team like the Celtics and Suns who both want him. You don't have to build around Love. It just gives you more time with your rebuild instead of being forced to trade Cousins now. You can trade Love next season or the season after that while teams really want him. And you can get good value back for Love because he doesn't have baggage like Cousins.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Kings want nothing Cavs have other then LeBron. So what's the deal? lol Doubt they part with Irving. He's only other name. Still not a name like Cousins even though Cousin is goofy as hell.

FlashBolt
07-22-2016, 12:34 AM
Kings want nothing Cavs have other then LeBron. So what's the deal? lol Doubt they part with Irving. He's only other name. Still not a name like Cousins even though Cousin is goofy as hell.

Love was just as good as Cousins was when he was a 1st option high volume scorer.

Sssmush
07-22-2016, 06:27 AM
Dude just stop. Every subsequent post you makes gets more and more insanely idiotic. It's very clear you have no idea what you're talking about so just stop, it's embarrassing and I feel bad for you

Ok, real time.

Would you rather have Kyrie, or Demarcus Cousins, straight up?

Because for me Kevin Love is a non-factor, and with that contract really you could get equivalent production from other players. For instance a cheaper 3D guy from the perimeter, and another young rebounder type guy to put next to Tristan Thompson. But make no mistake Lebron does not need Kevin Love. Love's rebounding is not that amazing anymore as it was in those seasons with Minnesota, and his 3 point shooting is not really all that elite.

So leave Kevin Love off to the side of it. And a Cleveland first is almost like a 2nd round pick.

So then, straight up, would you rather have Lebron+Kyrie, or Lebron+Cousins?

hugepatsfan
07-22-2016, 10:24 PM
SAC would have to be the dumbest FO ever to trade Cousins for anything CLE has.

kobe4thewinbang
07-22-2016, 11:22 PM
The Kings aren't entertaining any trade offers for DMC, and he seems to have no itching to leave. He went on record saying he is excited for the new arena, likes the new coach, etc, etc. He may be worried about their draft pick choices, but to trade Cousins now would be dumb. They would have nobody left, already shopping Gay and lost Rondo.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2016, 02:12 AM
SAC would have to be the dumbest FO ever to trade Cousins for anything CLE has.

So your telling me a team talented enough to win a ring, and has the best player in the league, doesn't have the pieces to trade for the best player on a team who can't make the playoffs?

Sssmush
07-23-2016, 05:00 AM
So your telling me a team talented enough to win a ring, and has the best player in the league, doesn't have the pieces to trade for the best player on a team who can't make the playoffs?

First of all, everybody starting with Stephen A Smith on down as well as Joe Public or whatever, KNOWS this Cleveland team needed huge help from the league/refs to squeak out a "must have" title. Everybody knows that GSW is a far superior team, but by the time the league extended the series to 7 games for Cleveland, Golden State was clearly starting to fatigue, after having played far more playoff games than the Cavs and what with Steph Curry and Igoudala dealing with some level of injury and Bogut out from a chop block.

Secons, let's face it, without Lebron, this Cleveland team could very well be back out of the playoffs. IN THE EAST. Just as they were two years ago before Lebron got there.

So does anybody think that this Cavs team without Lebron would have even the slightest chance of making the playoffs in the West? And by "West" I mean the Western Conference of the NBA.

Really... does anybody think that Kevin Love, who has made the playoffs TWICE in his entire career, would play Cleveland to a Western Conference playoff spot? Would Kyrie get it done and carry the Cavs to a 48 win record in the freakin' West?

hugepatsfan
07-23-2016, 09:11 AM

lol you honestly just don't understand the NBA with this comment

I guess there was an unwritten common sense statement with my post of "other than Lebron/Kyrie". Nothing else CLE has is worth giving a superstar for. The NBA isn't a league where you trade role players for a star. You need upside in the package. CLE has none. SAC isn't taking 4 quarters for their dollar bill. That's not how the NBA works.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2016, 05:13 PM
lol you honestly just don't understand the NBA with this comment

I guess there was an unwritten common sense statement with my post of "other than Lebron/Kyrie". Nothing else CLE has is worth giving a superstar for. The NBA isn't a league where you trade role players for a star. You need upside in the package. CLE has none. SAC isn't taking 4 quarters for their dollar bill. That's not how the NBA works.

OK

I do however feel you are severely underrating Love. I think there are plenty of teams who would rather have Love over Boogie...including your Celtics.

Sssmush
07-23-2016, 08:34 PM
OK

I do however feel you are severely underrating Love. I think there are plenty of teams who would rather have Love over Boogie...including your Celtics.

No way Celtics would prefer Kevin Love to Boogie Cousins. No way they are that clueless. That is like preferring JJ Reddick to Russell Westbrook.

Seriously without even factoring in Kevin Love's stupid contract there are quite a few forwards and centers you would put WAY ahead of him. Even if you like his game.

I mean if Sacramento offered Boogie Cousins straight up for Draymond Green... I think GSW has to do that deal. Right? Or how about Boogie Cousins for two (2) Blake Griffins. Let's watch Boogie Cousins push around Drummond and Horford and both Gasols and Aldridge and piss all over those guys. Let's watch Boogie Cousins make Anthony Davis run around on the perimeter like a James Harden. I mean what the **** are we talking about here?

TrueFan420
07-23-2016, 09:11 PM
The warriors wouldn't trade green for cousins.

IKnowHoops
07-24-2016, 01:50 AM
The warriors wouldn't trade green for cousins.

And nobody would trade 2 Blake Griffins for Cousins either. Dang I had no idea that a guy who can't get his team to the playoffs was so sick. A year ago, Lakers fans wouldn't even trade there top 3 draft pick for him. LOL, Cousins is Shaq all of a sudden yet he's never been to the playoffs yet. Cousins hasn't even started in an all star game yet, Blake has. Yet he's worth 2 Blakes? Hmmmmm. There are some agenda's in here for sho.

Sssmush
07-24-2016, 03:27 AM
And nobody would trade 2 Blake Griffins for Cousins either. Dang I had no idea that a guy who can't get his team to the playoffs was so sick. A year ago, Lakers fans wouldn't even trade there top 3 draft pick for him. LOL, Cousins is Shaq all of a sudden yet he's never been to the playoffs yet. Cousins hasn't even started in an all star game yet, Blake has. Yet he's worth 2 Blakes? Hmmmmm. There are some agenda's in here for sho.

Look, I was rooting for GSW and I like Draymond a lot. But Boogie Cousins is a more valuable player with a greater upside. There's no way GSW could pass on a Draymond for Boogie deal straight up. No, on second thought maybe, actually ok probably... depending on what Jerry West said. They of all teams could pass on a straight swap like that because their team is already made and ready to win. And there is chemistry there. And Draymnond is such a determined and fiery competitor.

But Boogie Cousins is clearly the superior athlete, is considerably larger, is a real center, and has a really good offensive repertoire. And on top of that Draymond has continually shown himself to be out of control anger-wise, which can make him a liability. And when push came to shove in the Finals he was only about the same size and strength as Lebron, which is different than someone who is clearly a center.

And Boogie is not just a tall clunky center, he is really athletic. But he is also not one of those new unicorn-y Porzingis or Anthony Davis players that has center height but with shooting guard like game and build. I mean really I don't think I need to make the case for Boogie Cousins. Although I am definitely not a Sacramento fan, I hear enough about him from respected NBA commentators like Stephen A Smith, Max Kellerman, Bill Simmons, etc etc, to know unequivocally that Boogie Cousins is definitely an elite player with even greater potential. Whereas Draymond has a few warts on him despite what a great player he is and how well he fits GSW. And he hasn't yet elevated his game to let's say Hall of Fame status so it's not like he's somebody who couldn't be replaced with a bigger and stronger version.

As for Blake Griffin, ok, wow. Yeah now that he's playing a more conventional game... I mean ok yeah he's still good. But he's not a Karl Malone mid range guy. And he's not a lethal outside scorer. He's great I suppose I have to say but he is not that amazing. Yes he is famous star power but I don't know how he ranks in terms of NBA power forwards really. And now he has this headcase thing, what with the punching and the lying and the weirdness and the furious red-haired a-hole freakouts, which is almost kind of a cliche actually.

So, how about you call the Clippers and ask them if they would take Boogie Cousins for Blake Griffin and some other non-entity in a trade straight up and see what they say.

Vee-Rex
07-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Ok, real time.

Would you rather have Kyrie, or Demarcus Cousins, straight up?

Because for me Kevin Love is a non-factor, and with that contract really you could get equivalent production from other players. For instance a cheaper 3D guy from the perimeter, and another young rebounder type guy to put next to Tristan Thompson. But make no mistake Lebron does not need Kevin Love. Love's rebounding is not that amazing anymore as it was in those seasons with Minnesota, and his 3 point shooting is not really all that elite.

So leave Kevin Love off to the side of it. And a Cleveland first is almost like a 2nd round pick.

So then, straight up, would you rather have Lebron+Kyrie, or Lebron+Cousins?

It's possible Cousins + Bron could potentially be the better fit. A big man of DMCs caliber is rare. But there's too many question marks surrounding that (chemistry, DMCs attitude, DMCs shorter contract, etc...).

Whereas Bron + Kyrie just bent an almighty 73-win team in the finals.

Gimme Bron and Uncle Drew.

Sssmush
08-05-2016, 09:22 PM
It's possible Cousins + Bron could potentially be the better fit. A big man of DMCs caliber is rare. But there's too many question marks surrounding that (chemistry, DMCs attitude, DMCs shorter contract, etc...).

Whereas Bron + Kyrie just bent an almighty 73-win team in the finals.

Gimme Bron and Uncle Drew.

Just for the sake of our self respect as intelligent fans, however, let's remember to remember that Cleveland got a RIDICULOUS amount of help from the refs this year. And I mean an almost unprecedented, Lebron's-Last-Stand amount of ref help.

Yes Lebron and Kyrie got super hot for two good games, but let's not mistake these cavs for a dynasty by any means.

Sssmush
08-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Oops I just saw and realized you are a big Cleveland fan. What I meant was, what a wonderful thing for the city of Cleveland to win the title and isn't it about time.

flea
08-05-2016, 09:35 PM
I hope he spurns Cleveland and signs with the Spurs so they can field a Lebron-Green-Leonard-Aldridge-Gasol lineup that's even bigger than the 2015 Kentucky Wildcats in order to destroy the finesse p*ss!es in Chokeland.

IKnowHoops
08-06-2016, 02:29 AM
I hope he spurns Cleveland and signs with the Spurs so they can field a Lebron-Green-Leonard-Aldridge-Gasol lineup that's even bigger than the 2015 Kentucky Wildcats in order to destroy the finesse p*ss!es in Chokeland.

You mad bro?

europagnpilgrim
08-06-2016, 03:41 AM
Just for the sake of our self respect as intelligent fans, however, let's remember to remember that Cleveland got a RIDICULOUS amount of help from the refs this year. And I mean an almost unprecedented, Lebron's-Last-Stand amount of ref help.

Yes Lebron and Kyrie got super hot for two good games, but let's not mistake these cavs for a dynasty by any means.

Dynasties can work on both sides of the coin but I get it the ultimate true dynasties are remembered and glorified for winning titles but the Heat went to 4 straight which was a dynasty that went 2-2 in Finals and now the Cavs have inside track to reach 4-5 straight if Lebron decides to stay aboard for that duration since they have 2 straight trips to build on already, same with Warriors if they reach the next 2-3, they are on the verge of being one,both teams while Lebron is a walking solo dynasty right now with 6 straight trips and 3 titles

in another sport the Bills went to 4 straight SuperBowls which also fall in the losing dynasty category

More-Than-Most
08-06-2016, 07:21 AM

Lol wait.. The Cavs got help? The warriors get every damn call in the world starting from like win 69 I believe all the way through to the finals. Cleveland gets calls no doubt but nobody gets more than the warriors and half the time lebron is fouled with 0 calls because of his size.

Vee-Rex
08-06-2016, 10:32 AM

Oops I just saw and realized you are a big Cleveland fan. What I meant was, what a wonderful thing for the city of Cleveland to win the title and isn't it about time.

Lol where do guys like you come from?

You realize that that type of trash talk doesn't translate well over an internet forum and you just come across as a giant douche, right? Because I'm assuming it's just trash talk/joking.

... maybe I'm wrong?

:eyebrow:

ewing
08-06-2016, 11:54 AM
First of all, everybody starting with Stephen A Smith on down as well as Joe Public or whatever, KNOWS this Cleveland team needed huge help from the league/refs to squeak out a "must have" title. Everybody knows that GSW is a far superior team, but by the time the league extended the series to 7 games for Cleveland, Golden State was clearly starting to fatigue, after having played far more playoff games than the Cavs and what with Steph Curry and Igoudala dealing with some level of injury and Bogut out from a chop block.

Secons, let's face it, without Lebron, this Cleveland team could very well be back out of the playoffs. IN THE EAST. Just as they were two years ago before Lebron got there.

So does anybody think that this Cavs team without Lebron would have even the slightest chance of making the playoffs in the West? And by "West" I mean the Western Conference of the NBA.

Really... does anybody think that Kevin Love, who has made the playoffs TWICE in his entire career, would play Cleveland to a Western Conference playoff spot? Would Kyrie get it done and carry the Cavs to a 48 win record in the freakin' West?

well if Steven A says so

Bostonjorge
08-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Good point, you can argue that it would be a bad trade for the Cavs considering fit.

Bad fit? How is adding the best big man a bad fit?

Didn't some on here try to argue if James played with a dominant big he would of won rings more often then not? Now they seem to be a bad fit I guess.

LA_Raiders
08-06-2016, 10:10 PM
He is a clown, that is why he has not signed yet.

More-Than-Most
08-06-2016, 11:39 PM
He is a clown, that is why he has not signed yet.

Or he is trying to get more help to contend... Maybe he is jealous of the fact that the team he just beat with the reigning MVP should have won back to back titles with the Reigning MVP not being a factor? Must be hard being lebron... Knowing if you dont throw up the GOAT finals performance you dont win the series and if you even have a good to great game the cavs likely lose where is curry can be horrid on both sides of the ball and they still force the cavs to 7 games and should have won.

Tony_Starks
08-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Or he is trying to get more help to contend... Maybe he is jealous of the fact that the team he just beat with the reigning MVP should have won back to back titles with the Reigning MVP not being a factor? Must be hard being lebron... Knowing if you dont throw up the GOAT finals performance you dont win the series and if you even have a good to great game the cavs likely lose where is curry can be horrid on both sides of the ball and they still force the cavs to 7 games and should have won.

You are so right it must be hard for the poor guy, I pray before his career is over Lebron truly gets the help he deserves. It would be nice to see him play with some guys that can actually contribute when it mattered just once!

It has been so hard to watch him over the last few years play with such subpar talent and compete in that powerhouse conference!

HOLD_THIS_L
08-09-2016, 12:08 PM
You are so right it must be hard for the poor guy, I pray before his career is over Lebron truly gets the help he deserves. It would be nice to see him play with some guys that can actually contribute when it mattered just once!

It has been so hard to watch him over the last few years play with such subpar talent and compete in that powerhouse conference!
I thought we we're talk LeBron not Kobe!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

ManRam
08-09-2016, 12:19 PM
I genuinely don't get why people care about this. He's not going anywhere...all parties know this. It doesn't make a single tangible difference whether he signed 3 weeks ago or signs 3 weeks from today. There probably is some explanation, but whatever.

But hey, I'm glad the Kobe fans are able to spout off about something!

Tony_Starks
08-09-2016, 12:36 PM
I genuinely don't get why people care about this. He's not going anywhere...all parties know this. It doesn't make a single tangible difference whether he signed 3 weeks ago or signs 3 weeks from today. There probably is some explanation, but whatever.

But hey, I'm glad the Kobe fans are able to spout off about something!

OP isn't a Laker fan, nor are the majority of the responders.

SteBO
08-09-2016, 01:15 PM

I know you're being sarcastic here, but if you're at all interested in the facts this post is actually closer to accurate than you bother to think, especially compared to what he'd been up
against in more than half of his Finals appearances, sans 2011. But carry on with your agenda.....

Chronz
08-09-2016, 02:26 PM
I gotta admit, I would love to see Cousins on the Cavs. Would be a better fit than Love IMO, Bron needs to be more of a PF.

Bostonjorge
08-09-2016, 05:19 PM
I know you're being sarcastic here, but if you're at all interested in the facts this post is actually closer to accurate than you bother to think, especially compared to what he'd been up
against in more than half of his Finals appearances, sans 2011. But carry on with your agenda.....

This makes no sense. With your way of thinking Durant has never had any help because of the stacked teams that eliminated him in the playoffs.

The fact is you can make a argument he's had to much help since joining Miami to present. But go head and carry on with the no help naritive to fulfill that agenda.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2016, 05:21 PM
why is this bothering anyone? He isn't going anywhere, who cares when he signs?

FlashBolt
08-09-2016, 06:47 PM
I gotta admit, I would love to see Cousins on the Cavs. Would be a better fit than Love IMO, Bron needs to be more of a PF.

So trade Tristan? He's the Rodman for LeBron. Low usage player who does his job perfectly. I think sliding Cousins to PF wouldn't be so bad.

why is this bothering anyone? He isn't going anywhere, who cares when he signs?

Because he just won a ring and his haters need to find any little thing to discredit him?

SteBO
08-10-2016, 12:25 PM
This makes no sense. With your way of thinking Durant has never had any help because of the stacked teams that eliminated him in the playoffs.

The fact is you can make a argument he's had to much help since joining Miami to present. But go head and carry on with the no help naritive to fulfill that agenda.
Ah, so you're another one who's deluded himself into thinking they're comparable. Oh well....I'm movin' along now.

IKnowHoops
08-26-2016, 06:16 PM
After watching Cousins in the olympics, I'd rather keep love and trade pics for a young athletic defensive big like Cauley Stein. I like Cousins, but I don't think he is worth the gamble, and if Cavs were able to come up on a Cauley Stein type of player while keeping love, they would be a much better team than they would with just having Cousins.

Seeing how inefective he was with a lot of talent, I think that would probably carry over to the Cavs with Lebron and Kyrie. Cavs just need to add some good pieces. They don't need any all stars. They need big athletic wings and big athetic bigs.

Chronz
08-26-2016, 08:59 PM
After watching Cousins in the olympics, I'd rather keep love and trade pics for a young athletic defensive big like Cauley Stein. I like Cousins, but I don't think he is worth the gamble, and if Cavs were able to come up on a Cauley Stein type of player while keeping love, they would be a much better team than they would with just having Cousins.

Seeing how inefective he was with a lot of talent, I think that would probably carry over to the Cavs with Lebron and Kyrie. Cavs just need to add some good pieces. They don't need any all stars. They need big athletic wings and big athetic bigs.

Cousins led team USA in PER and the team was at its most efficient when he was out there. Crazy huh, hes the one guy I couldn't figure out these Olympics. I felt he was a liability defensively but its hard to prove without footage.

Bruno
08-26-2016, 09:50 PM
Cousins led team USA in PER and the team was at its most efficient when he was out there. Crazy huh, hes the one guy I couldn't figure out these Olympics. I felt he was a liability defensively but its hard to prove without footage.

whenever something like this happen I tend to think that it's about build. Cousins could produce at a near MVP level w/ the team success to back it up if the pieces surrounding him are strategically designed to forgive his weaknesses. we didn't see that with SAC (incompetence) or team USA (he's not the center piece), and with the wrong structuring the black hole aspects of his game get exposed and it's hard for us to imagine him ever being successful. It could be that, but I think build and structure can forgive all, as long as the player is dominant enough in what they're good at to alter games, and the pieces needed around them are available enough to actually acquire.

That's what worries me about Randle, despite the raw talent, his profile is difficult to build around. You'd really need a floor spreading, rim protecting center to cancel out his positional uniqueness, so the team flows and fits . Like Marc next to Z-Bo. I think thats why the Lakers selected Zubac. If Randle can ever prove dominant enough in a given aspect of the game I'm sure they'd like to keep and develop him but if they can't acquire the pieces to make him fit he might be more valuable to the team as a trade asset. Some of its up to Randle, some of it Zubacs development, and some of it in free agency if the right profile match is available.

IKnowHoops
08-26-2016, 10:09 PM

That is crazy. I remember hearing that the first team guys were a better unit with Deandre because of the lack of defense on the first team. And that Cousins uplifted the second team because they were better defensively but not as good offensively. I guess Ive just seen so many good bigs fall off statistically with Lebron because of how ball dominant he is and should be since he is the best option to initiate offense every play. Its better to play of Lebron than to have Lebron play off you unless your Shaq, Dream, Drob, Duncan, Kareem. With one of these guys it would be OK to at least take turns. But unless your on that GOAT level, you are going to have to play off of Bron, and that means you'll be more efficient, but you'll have a lot less usage. So I'd rather go with a guy who is skilled but not paid like a pillar of your team. Also the more athletic you are, the better you will be with Lebron running the court. That's why Cauley-Stein (Deandre light) would be a great 6th or 7th man off the bench who could play 25 minutes a game and also help matchup problems with longer teams.

da ThRONe
08-28-2016, 11:22 AM
I think Cousins would be great for the Cavs especially in a series against the Warriors. GS get away with small ball because there's not enough dominate 5's that can consistently make them pay. Cousins is that 5. As for his fit all season we know LeBron will coast and he doesn't have a problem defering to players. Cousins will get his touche

IKnowHoops
08-28-2016, 11:53 AM
I think Cousins would be great for the Cavs especially in a series against the Warriors. GS get away with small ball because there's not enough dominate 5's that can consistently make them pay. Cousins is that 5. As for his fit all season we know LeBron will coast and he doesn't have a problem differing to players. Cousins will get his touches

I feel you, but if we look back at that series, it wasn't the starters that really hurt the Cavs. It was there deep bench. I think the Cavs should focus on making that bench at potent as possible. That being said GS, did lighten there bench a bit and strengthen there starters so, maybe a moot point right now.