PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Emotional at Hawks Intro

Tony_Starks
07-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Talking about coming home he kindof broke down talking about his prayers have been answered.

I don't care if you're this guys biggest critic, seeing this has to make you feel happy for the dude and hope he turns it around.

He's never been a bad guy just very fragile mentally, hopefully the fresh start and fam support will have him return to allstar level.

I think coach Bud will be just the right coach for him as well, seems to be very personable.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/13/dwight-howard-cries-at-hawks-introductory-press-conference-video/

nycericanguy
07-13-2016, 03:01 PM
the dwight hate went overboard, he's underrated now. still one of the top C's in the game. ATL got a good deal with him and i think he can change games more than Horford at significantly less money.

kobe4thewinbang
07-13-2016, 03:11 PM
A fresh start is always nice. Plus Horford is gone, so Dwight, aside from Schroeder, is the man and hopefully he and Shroeder click unlike he and Harden. Plus Budenholzer I hope can reign in Dwight and make him put his back into the ball game.

R. Johnson#3
07-13-2016, 03:21 PM
It's good to see him happy. Like Tony Starks said, he's never been a bad guy. I'm happy for him.

D-Leethal
07-13-2016, 03:27 PM
He is a good fit there with Shroeder, Korver, Millsap and coach Bud's system. Seems like a good landing spot for him. That said, Houston seemed like a perfect landing spot for him at the time as well. Don't think we understood the scope of Harden's ego at that point though.

D-Leethal
07-13-2016, 03:31 PM
It is crazy though how media can really turn wonderful human beings into evil entities. Guys like Dwight and LeBron and KD - they have done everything right in the real world, they are fantastic people and role models, they are the ire of every fan at the same time and treated like evil villains. Forming your personal brand and maintaining positive perception really has nothing to do with being a good person - which is kind of a shame. From a fans perspective, I am guilty as hell. Dwight is a *****, LeBron is a *****, Durant has become the ultimate chump.

FlashBolt
07-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Never been a bad guy in terms of a person but the way he acts unconsciously makes everyone hate him. I never understood the Lakers hate. He was clearly not healthy and was forcing himself to play. He still was pretty good.. plus, it wasn't like he wanted to be in LA. He just wanted out of Orlando ASAP. But then the chatter of him declaring himself a champion because he's rich and famous.. and him being in his 10-11th season and still hasn't developed a go-to move? He could have been very special but just never took it to the next level. Good for him to be in Hawks outside the spotlight. I still think he can be a top 15 player but he needs to play like he wants to win instead of smiling.

Avenged
07-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Why would seeing him cry make me feel happy for him? Watch him want to be traded within 1 season. :rolleyes:

FlashBolt
07-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Why would seeing him cry make me feel happy for him? Watch him want to be traded within 1 season. :rolleyes:

To where? He's the man on that team and has zero expectations. People are already over with him being an elite player.

tp13baby
07-13-2016, 03:49 PM
I don't know why but I don't buy the crying. Maybe its just his persona in LA and Houston but I am not buying it yyet.

GoferKing_
07-13-2016, 06:47 PM
It's good to see him happy. Like Tony Starks said, he's never been a bad guy. I'm happy for him.

He is not a bad guy, he is just not smart.

numba1CHANGsta
07-13-2016, 08:22 PM
He screwed by not signing with ATL when he was a UFA after being with the Lakers that one year. They would have probably made a Finals appearance by now.

*Silver&Black*
07-14-2016, 02:46 AM
If you catch the entire thing, Bazemore starts crying as well.

Love guys who just likes to play ball and a respect level between team and player.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2016, 10:29 AM
I don't know why but I don't buy the crying. Maybe its just his persona in LA and Houston but I am not buying it yyet.

Sounds very cynical.

What is there to "buy?" You think he can just cry on demand, he's not Denzel Washington.

Lim
07-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Dwight howards biggest mistake was leaving Orlando. I really wish he would have played his whole career there. Anyways I am happy for him and I am rooting for him! He is super underrated now a days and he has an opportunity to prove hes still got it in ATL. For god sakes the man is only 30 and already has 11,149 rebounds.. ppl need to lay off him.

naps
07-14-2016, 10:56 PM
He is a good fit and he should excel next to Milsap. Now whether he will excel or not, that's a different topic. Dude was such a dick on his way out of Orlando. Talk about a demise and curse.