PDA

View Full Version : In 19 Years; TD was only ejected once.... for laughing on the bench

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2016, 05:50 AM
I'm sure most of you know this, but for the young fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2SYIrUnf5Y

TD had a phantom call on the floor, then while on the bench and witnessing another bad call, he laughed. Joey 'The people are here to watch me officiate' Crawford T'd him up once. When TD laughed (from the bench) at another call, he was given a second T and ejected.

It says a lot about a guy, especially when we see the likes of Draymond Green losing his cool all the time, that the only time he was ejected his entire career is when he was laughing on the bench.

Jeffy25
07-13-2016, 05:54 AM
This game needs more guys like Duncan.

It's sad that people find him boring, and people who are so much less professional more exciting.

Sly Guy
07-13-2016, 08:38 AM
lol, didn't realize it was his only ejection. Joey's gonna go down in history for that one!

ClutchTime
07-13-2016, 09:05 AM
Duncanny reminds me a lot like Derek Jeter...only u dint remember Jeter ever getting ejected.

kdspurman
07-15-2016, 11:12 AM
And both TD/Joey retired in the same year.

kdspurman
07-15-2016, 11:15 AM
This game needs more guys like Duncan.

It's sad that people find him boring, and people who are so much less professional more exciting.

It'll be extremely hard to find someone like him. Guys who really don't think they're bigger than the game/their teammates, and just want to play the game. All the stories people have been telling about how great a teammate/person he is was pretty much common knowledge (to those who followed him/the Spurs enough)

But just hearing them I guess come out all around the same time, it just shows how special this guy was. I'd go as far to say as we may never see a player of his caliber combined with his character again

TRIUMPHATOR
07-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Pure class act.

Game lost a great. But humility doesn't sell, seems like brash over hyped does.

I wouldn't expect everyone in the NBA to be like TD, but it's unfortunate that guys with a fraction of the talent choose to pretend they're the greatest thing ever.

....and now with some of these ludicrous contracts to mediocre players, we will unfortunately see more

8kobe24
07-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Definitely a class act professional with little to no ego. He played the game they way it's supposed to be played. I don't think anyone ever got under his skin...just walks away. Truly a legend and probably the last of his kind, best PF hands down. The game will sorely miss him.

SportsFanatic10
07-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Crawford was a terrible ref, I'm glad he's gone from the league finally. I always found this pretty funny, especially since it's from Duncan who is so professional...

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/tim-duncan-comments-on-halloween-photo-where-he-appears-to-be-threatening-referee-joey-crawford/

hugepatsfan
07-15-2016, 03:20 PM
That ejection was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in sports lol

AnthonyTyrael2
07-16-2016, 03:39 PM
That ejection was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in sports lol

I get how you mean it.

Though....Wasn't funny in my eyes. Rather unfair. TD didn't deserve it. Selfish ref with a big ego. Enough said.