PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Sasha Vujacic stays with Knicks

Chacarron
07-13-2016, 12:38 AM
New York Knicks free agent Sasha Vujacic has agreed to a one-year, veteranís minimum deal to return to the franchise, league sources told The Vertical.

Vujacicís deal will be worth $1.41 million.

Vujacic played for Knicks president Phil Jackson for six seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, playing on two championship teams in 2009 and 2010. Vujacic returned to the NBA after a one-year hiatus on a one-year deal with the Knicks last season, reuniting with Jackson.

Vujacic averaged 4.9 points and 2.4 rebounds while shooting 36.4 percent on three-pointers in 61 games last season. He gave the Knicks a durable swingman off the bench and filled in as a starter in 25 games.

The Knicksí roster includes Derrick Rose, Courtney Lee, Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis and Joakim Noah as starters, and Brandon Jennings, Justin Holiday, Marshall Plumlee and Vujacic as bench acquisitions this offseason.

Vujacic, 32, has played for the Lakers, Nets, Clippers and Knicks in nine NBA seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-sasha-vujacic-stays-with-knicks-154130858.html

lakerfan85
07-13-2016, 12:52 AM
Lol!!

jerellh528
07-13-2016, 12:54 AM
The machine. Legend says he never missed a 3 in practice.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2016, 01:03 AM
He will make 1.4 million dollars playing 10 minutes a night. Makes me so sad.

God help the knicks if a starter goes down... That bench might be the worst.

Aust
07-13-2016, 01:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87P5IB-IEUY

BKLYNpigeon
07-13-2016, 02:13 AM
This guy really deserves his own thread?

More-Than-Most
07-13-2016, 03:06 AM
This guy really deserves his own thread?

Has more rings than Curry/Durant/Westy combined.... All Ima say bro.

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2016, 04:55 AM
Great end of the bench guy and actually played well for us. Glad he's, back hard worker!

DarkKnight
07-13-2016, 05:07 AM
Great end of the bench guy and actually played well for us. Glad he's, back hard worker!

Exactly thread worthy... #beast

ewing
07-13-2016, 06:06 AM
He will make 1.4 million dollars playing 10 minutes a night. Makes me so sad.

God help the knicks if a starter goes down... That bench might be the worst.

I am assuming Jenninings and Holiday will both play in front of Sasha off the bench.

mightybosstone
07-13-2016, 08:18 AM
It looks like somebody made a mistake and put a thread about a player who hasn't mattered for the better part of a decade in the NBA thread instead of the Knicks thread. It's an honest mistake, but it's one that could be easily righted. (Hint, hint mods)

mightybosstone
07-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Lol. I should have looked at who made the thread. Of course it was Chac. I think he's drafted Vujavic in every single NBA ReDraft we've ever done. I'm convinced that he's Vujavic's baby brother or nephew or something.

KnickNyKnick
07-13-2016, 08:54 AM
LoL! the knicks are back!

Tony_Starks
07-13-2016, 09:04 AM
30% of his salary goes to Kobe...

strahan92osi72
07-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Good, almost done. Next sign Boozer and Miller to vet mins then team is done.

PG- Rose/Jennings/Miller
SG- Lee/Holiday/Sasha
SF- Melo/Thomas/Kuz
PF- KP/O'Quinn/Boozer
C- Noah/Willy

omdigga
07-13-2016, 10:03 AM
best cheerleader we have had in a long time.. glad to see him back.

Crackadalic
07-13-2016, 10:22 AM
He actually played well when we moved AA to the bench. His 3 point shooting fit better.

mightybosstone
07-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Good, almost done. Next sign Boozer and Miller to vet mins then team is done.

PG- Rose/Jennings/Miller
SG- Lee/Holiday/Sasha
SF- Melo/Thomas/Kuz
PF- KP/O'Quinn/Boozer
C- Noah/Willy

I have no idea how to feel about this team. So much of it depends on the health of Rose and Noah, though. If those guys stay healthy, I could feasibly see a top 4 seed or at least a 6 or 7 seed. But if they don't, they could definitely be a lottery team again. I wouldn't bank on them as serious contenders to knock of Cleveland, though.

nycericanguy
07-13-2016, 12:22 PM
I have no idea how to feel about this team. So much of it depends on the health of Rose and Noah, though. If those guys stay healthy, I could feasibly see a top 4 seed or at least a 6 or 7 seed. But if they don't, they could definitely be a lottery team again. I wouldn't bank on them as serious contenders to knock of Cleveland, though.

I think we're going to see the best Rose we've seen in a while... same for Noah who has had almost a year of rest now for his knees. The injury was his shoulder. those two should be rejuvenated next year... now 4 years is a big risk for Noah, but I think at least in year 1, Noah will be a beast.

Melo has always played Lebron tough, I mean his head to head record against LBJ is pretty impressive, compared to Durant who last I checked was like 3 and 13 against Lebron.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2016, 12:43 PM
Don't sleep on the Knicks this year. The change of scenery is perfect for Rose/ Noah and their infusion should rejuvenate Melo who won't have to do as much.

Plus my boy Jennings off the bench playing for a new contract?

I like their chances.

nycericanguy
07-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Don't sleep on the Knicks this year. The change of scenery is perfect for Rose/ Noah and their infusion should rejuvenate Melo who won't have to do as much.

I like their chances.

good point, I think Melo himself will be rejuvenated having Noah & Rose on this squad, and let's not forget KP could make a big jump himself, another 10-15 lbs of added weight and strength, plus just another year of experience...

Outside of AI for 1+ seasons, has Melo ever played with another 20ppg scorer? He might have that in Rose and or KP next year.

DarkKnight
07-13-2016, 12:55 PM

I like their chances.

I do too , I just don't want to get too excited yet.. Phil Jax and Mills did
Some good work this offseason

Tony_Starks
07-13-2016, 01:04 PM
I do too , I just don't want to get too excited yet.. Phil Jax and Mills did
Some good work this offseason

The pieces are good, it's up to Hornacheck to make it work. He should be able to, he got a Phoenix team to overachieve in a tougher conference before management totally started screwing up....

Avenged
07-13-2016, 01:07 PM
What the!! Lets go back to talking about the Warriors.

ohreally
07-14-2016, 11:20 PM
I remember when Marbs and Eddy Curry were rejuvenators. So i'll believe it when i see it.

They could be fine, even good, but they could also be pretty bad.