PDA

View Full Version : Hack-a-Shaq rules changes

Scoots
07-12-2016, 11:36 PM
As I predicted they did away with the over the back foul on FTs loophole and not much else.

All fouls on inbound plays before the ball is inbounded will be 1 FT and possession.

All fouls off the ball in the last 2 minutes of each quarter will be 1 FT and possession.

All dangerous/excessive off the ball fouls will be assessed flagrants.

Chronz
07-12-2016, 11:43 PM
thats it? coo

Saddletramp
07-12-2016, 11:43 PM
It's good. All those loopholes were awful. Now I'm just hoping there's not "Hack someone 5 times at the beginning of the quarter to quickly get to the Hack-A route". That doesn't happen often, though.

Scoots
07-13-2016, 12:04 AM
I'm just glad they didn't take the ball out of the players hands. All they really did other than get rid of the blatant loophole is add 4 minutes a game to the 1 FT and poss time.

europagnpilgrim
07-13-2016, 12:20 AM
'Wack Wilt' rules have been restructured once again, nice

IKnowHoops
07-13-2016, 03:21 AM
I can't believe I am saying this, but not only did the league get it right, they got it perfect.

TheDish87
07-13-2016, 08:43 AM
i think its stupid they changed the rules for Howard, Deandre Jordan and Andre Drummound.

bklynny67
07-13-2016, 09:03 AM
Now if they can only fix flopping in the NBA. They've tried but have failed so far. As soon as a foul is called they should be able to review it for a flop and if deemed an obvious flop, the foul goes against the flopper.

That should stop Lebron from flopping on every single play.

RowBTrice
07-13-2016, 10:18 AM
Now if they can only fix flopping in the NBA. They've tried but have failed so far. As soon as a foul is called they should be able to review it for a flop and if deemed an obvious flop, the foul goes against the flopper.

That should stop Lebron from flopping on every single play.

Lebron would foul out in the 1st qtr.

Vee-Rex
07-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Eh, not sure I like this as much. There's plenty of off-ball fouls that occur that isn't someone trying to hack-a-whoever. I'd hate to see a close game decided by the 1-FT-and-ball-back rule just because a defender was trying to get around a screen.

nycericanguy
07-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Eh, not sure I like this as much. There's plenty of off-ball fouls that occur that isn't someone trying to hack-a-whoever. I'd hate to see a close game decided by the 1-FT-and-ball-back rule just because a defender was trying to get around a screen.

agreed...

I think i might have just preferred a simpler 3 to make 2 in the final 2 minutes.

Scoots
07-13-2016, 11:39 AM
i think its stupid they changed the rules for Howard, Deandre Jordan and Andre Drummound.

They only really changed 4 minutes of the game, and more than those 3 were intentionally fouled.

That said, it's really not much of a change but I would have been fine if they didn't even make that change.

The jumping on the back of players going for rebounds had to be outlawed and it was.