PDA

View Full Version : Pop finally gives a real on; starts tearing up talking about Timmie

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2016, 08:34 PM
The fact that he is usually so stern in these situations makes this all the more meaningful:

https://twitter.com/ksatrj/status/752967108577722369

ewing
07-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Wow, pretty cool. thanks for memories Timmy

Chronz
07-13-2016, 11:29 AM
My roommate legit cried. Shes a chick so she has the right but jesus, the guy isn't dying.

kdspurman
07-13-2016, 11:39 AM
My roommate legit cried. Shes a chick so she has the right but jesus, the guy isn't dying.

It's tough man. Spurs fans have had him for 19 years and he's just a great guy. Everything they have now is a reflection of him and his selflessness. But with TD, he's such a private guy most of us know we won't really see him anymore.

With D-Rob, you know he would in the picture still. TD is a different kind of guy. All we can hope for is Pop manages to convince him to take on that part time role to help out like he said. But even then, who knows if that's behind the scenes or what not.

kobe4thewinbang
07-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Says a lot about Pop. He's probably my favorite coach even more so than Phil. That Spurs culture is amazing, and Popovich built something special there. Losing Duncan is hard for those guys, but they will power through. Plus Pop committed to Aldridge when he signed. And only one ejection for Duncan is incredible! I wonder if Pop and Duncan ever joke about that final minute in Game 6, keyword 6 rings instead of 5. Haha.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2016, 01:59 PM
If you have ever been to SA, you know it's a very small city, and they love their Spurs. Everything about Timmy retiring is so Timmy. I hated the Spurs with a passion from around 1992-2005. Pops absolutely made me respect the hell out of that team, as did their core players (even though I still want Tony Parker to die in a car crash).

The NBA will survive losing another great. It always does. Just appreciate that we all got to watch one of the absolute best to ever play the game his whole career. What more can you ask as a basketball fan?

kobe4thewinbang
07-13-2016, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI1YoSfuqTs

Tim & Pop!

R. Johnson#3
07-13-2016, 03:25 PM
They were meant to be!