PDA

View Full Version : King of the Hill: Texas Edition

latinofire21
07-09-2016, 12:09 PM
I did this thread last year and got some interesting commentary so thought why not see what the board thinks is the top 3 in Texas this year.

My Board would be:

San Antonio

Dallas Mavericks

Houston Rockets

Do you think the Rockets will be a lottery team this year with the departure of Dwight Howard?
Can San Antonio make one more run at the title even with the GSW superteam?
Will Dallas be competitive enough to make a run in the playoffs?

hugepatsfan
07-09-2016, 12:41 PM
SA will be the 2 seed and earn the right to get beat by GS in 5 games in the WCF.

DAL will push for the playoffs.

HOU will be a mid-lottery team.

Saddletramp
07-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Pretty sure SA still takes the second seed, maybe third after LAC.

Dallas could be a 6-8 team or could be a wreck and not make the playoffs.

Houston might be a 4-5 squad or might be a wreck and miss out.

So basically, as of now, I've got hot n' bold takes!

Scoots
07-09-2016, 03:34 PM
I gave up trying to predict SA a decade ago ... they are ALWAYS going to be good.

Dallas always seems to do better than their talent.

Houston I can't even guess after last year.

But that's probably how they finish.

Scoots
07-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Bad post

cmellofan15
07-09-2016, 06:06 PM
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say houston will be better than dallas. I'm not sure why, because no evidence suggests it, but I've got a weird feeling since everyone is counting them out.

BKLYNpigeon
07-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Spurs will be good, they just need shooting.

DR_1
07-11-2016, 02:17 PM
San Antonio will be the 2 seed.

Dallas will be anywhere from the 6-10 range.

Houston will struggle to make the playoffs. They will be very fun to watch though.

ManRam
07-11-2016, 02:36 PM
I don't think it's crazy to pick Houston ahead of Dallas. I think they have sneaky-good depth and a lot of guys that can fit into a MDA system. The thing about them losing Dwight is that Dwight was really meh last year. Those advanced stats and adjusted +/- numbers weren't kind to him last year. I definitely could envision a scenario where Capela steps in for 30 minutes a game and all but replicates Dwight's regular season production. Nene still can move really well and will provide nice backup minutes. I think they'll be OK at center. They're improved and deep as hell at PF. SF is still a concern but whatever. I think the coaching change will actually really help that team.

I don't like Dallas' depth. They always out-preform expectations but IDK. They had to settle for Harrison Barnes, who will help but he's only ever proven to be a really solid complimentary player and the Mavs need something more than that. We're hearing a disgruntled Dirk, which is concerning too. I could absolutely see things fall apart. Especially if there's any Dirk regression.

But yeah, obviously San Antonio is the King here.

brandt
07-12-2016, 06:28 PM
SA
HOU
DAL

SA will be first of course however I'll be interested to see how they do without Duncan.

Houston has been, and will continue to be better than Dallas. They signed 3 new pretty decent players, so if they can stay healthy they'll be pretty good. Howard is no huge loss.

As for Dallas, Dirk is getting old and Parsons is gone. They were awful last year. They didn't really do that great in Free Agency other than sign one big name. Houston will be better than them just like they have been the past few years.