PDA

View Full Version : So why the hoopla over 2017 free agency?

Biscuit
07-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Other than money going up I don't get it. The class doesn't appeal to me at all.

Westbrook, Griffin and Heyward and that's it. The RFA's aren't changing teams. Curry and LeBron aren't leaving.

Paul? Meh

Griffin? I'd rather have Dwight. Neither do anything than dunk and rebound.

So everyone is bat-shut crazy over heyward? Westbrook isn't coming to your town not named LA or NY.

goingfor28
07-08-2016, 10:04 PM
lol can't believe there are still people who think all BG does is dunk.

nysportsfan23
07-08-2016, 10:26 PM
PG:
Curry- Not leaving
Westbrook- Big Prize
Paul- Elite, but will be 32
Lowry- Likely Stays
Schroeder- Restricted

SG-
Oladipo- Restricted
McCollum- Restricted

SF-
Greak Freak- Restricted
Hayward- Good, 27
Gallo- Good but injury prone

PF-
Griffin- Elite, not just rebounder/dunker
Milsap- Good player that overachieves, likely stays
Ibaka- Hard to value

C-
Gobert- Restricted
Adams- Restricted
Noel- Restricted

nysportsfan23
07-08-2016, 10:31 PM
4 available game changers IMO
1. Westbrook
2. Griffin
3. Paul
4. Hayward

jerellh528
07-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Yeah I feel the same way. I think maybe only 2 stars change teams.

Maybe westy and Hayward.

Overrated free agent class imo. Not for the names, but for the ones who are actually up for grabs

hugepatsfan
07-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Really hoping that Brad Stevens can lure his old college player Hayward to BOS. Assuming of course Westy/Blake are out of the picture.

xxplayerxx23
07-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Paul Blake Westy can all leave if things go south for Clippers.

Wade n Fade
07-08-2016, 11:19 PM
Forgot to add LeBron and Durant. Durant took a 1+1, so he can opt out and if the Warriors fail to win a title and mess up their cap situation, Durant has flexibility to bolt again. LeBron is likely returning to Cleveland, but he already won them a title and has zero obligation to finish his career there.

Mr.B
07-08-2016, 11:29 PM
PG:
Curry- Not leaving
Westbrook- Big Prize
Paul- Elite, but will be 32
Lowry- Likely Stays
Schroeder- Restricted

SG-
Oladipo- Restricted
McCollum- Restricted

SF-
Greak Freak- Restricted
Hayward- Good, 27
Gallo- Good but injury prone

PF-
Griffin- Elite, not just rebounder/dunker
Milsap- Good player that overachieves, likely stays
Ibaka- Hard to value

C-
Gobert- Restricted
Adams- Restricted
Noel- Restricted

If I'm the Mavs I would make a run at Noel. Ibaka would be a great addition but I think he resigns in Orlando.

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Other than money going up I don't get it. The class doesn't appeal to me at all.

Westbrook, Griffin and Heyward and that's it. The RFA's aren't changing teams. Curry and LeBron aren't leaving.

Paul? Meh

Griffin? I'd rather have Dwight. Neither do anything than dunk and rebound.

So everyone is bat-shut crazy over heyward? Westbrook isn't coming to your town not named LA or NY.

If you think all Blake does is dunk and rebound, and that he's no different than Dwight, you've never seen him play outside of highlights and haven't even bothered to look at the stats

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2016, 11:42 PM
lol can't believe there are still people who think all BG does is dunk.

Right? How many PFs can average five assists a game in this league. Probably count them on one hand with fingers to spare.

And he's got better post moves, and FAR better jumper, and can hit an open three with a respectable degree of regularity.

A comparison with Dwight is WAY out of line.

kobe4thewinbang
07-08-2016, 11:54 PM
To be fair Blake was unable to play for a considerable amount of time. But yeah, he could be a stud, which is why his injuries and temper are troubling.

This free agency was crazier I think. Hayward might leave, but I don't think he is a game changer, not at all.

Wade n Fade
07-09-2016, 12:02 AM
My problem with Blake is that he has a nasty history with injuries, excluding his breaking hand incident.

Vincent
07-09-2016, 12:44 AM
There are a lot of player options and opt outs that haven't been listed yet.

And lower tier guys have have a bit of consequence -
PG
Derrick Rose
Jrue Holiday
Tyreke Evans
Deron Williams
Jeff Teague
George Hill

SG
JJ Reddick
Kyle Korver

SF
Andre Iguodala

PF
Zach Randolph
Taj Gibson

C
Andrew Bogut

IndyRealist
07-09-2016, 09:49 AM
If I'm the Mavs I would make a run at Noel. Ibaka would be a great addition but I think he resigns in Orlando.

Gobert is better in every way. He's probably the best defensive center of his generation. No one knows because he plays in Utah :shrug:

hugepatsfan
07-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Gobert is better in every way. He's probably the best defensive center of his generation. No one knows because he plays in Utah :shrug:

I don't think he's someone they'd decline to match on though. There's a chance in Philly, though even there, with so much cap room, I bet they'd match with the intention of trading later.