PDA

View Full Version : Doc responds to the D-West defection by stealing Mo BUCKETS!!!

Chronz
07-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Clips finally get their floor spacing big man. Took Doc 3-4 years or whatever its been but he finally got it done.

Saddletramp
07-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Why would he leave the Warriors for just the vet minimum and if it's because GS didn't want to keep him, then why didn't they want to keep him for just the vet minimum? That's strange.

How much did Barbossa get in PHX? You'd think they'd want to keep all those guys unless they couldn't match the money.

airforceones25
07-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Good signing but what an overhyped headline lol

Gibby23
07-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Why would he leave the Warriors for just the vet minimum and if it's because GS didn't want to keep him, then why didn't they want to keep him for just the vet minimum? That's strange.

How much did Barbossa get in PHX? You'd think they'd want to keep all those guys unless they couldn't match the money.

Barbosa got like 8 million

hugepatsfan
07-08-2016, 02:22 PM
I read that GS didn't offer him a contract. So Doc didn't steal him, he picked up used furniture off the street lol

Saddletramp
07-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Barbosa got like 8 million

That makes sense that they didn't bring him back, then. Had no idea the number. But letting Speights go for nothing? That's weird.

Chronz
07-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Dont know about the Barbosa situation, I thought he would be coming back but apparently GS is classy enough to tell Mo they couldnt guarantee any PT. Clips need him. Prolly for the best that GS doesn't lie and then deal with a disgruntled player.

Chronz
07-08-2016, 02:34 PM
I read that GS didn't offer him a contract. So Doc didn't steal him, he picked up used furniture off the street lol

LOL. That makes for a funny mental picture. I just picked up this old school TV off the street the other day, put it in my garage with my old VCR, Dreamcast, PS2, N64 and the like. It really feels like you're going back in time when you chill in my garage. If not for my high tech inflatable doll, you'd swear you were living in the 90's

Gibby23
07-08-2016, 02:35 PM
LOL. That makes for a funny mental picture. I just picked up this old school TV off the street the other day, put it in my garage with my old VCR, Dreamcast, PS2, N64 and the like. It really feels like you're going back in time when you chill in my garage. If not for my high tech inflatable doll, you'd swear you were living in the 90's

Dreamcast was pretty sweet.

Chronz
07-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Dreamcast was pretty sweet.

Didn't own it at the time it came out but I heard great things. I bought like 3 years ago to complete my 2K collection.

Tony_Starks
07-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Had Mo Buckets played all the Center minutes instead of Festivus they win game 7.

mavwar53
07-08-2016, 02:41 PM
That makes sense that they didn't bring him back, then. Had no idea the number. But letting Speights go for nothing? That's weird.

They didn't let him go, either he figured he wouldn't get PT here so he went elsewhere or the team told him that his PT would be much less than last year. Gonna miss this guy though, no one is better at drawing a charge while moving.

Gibby23
07-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Didn't own it at the time it came out but I heard great things. I bought like 3 years ago to complete my 2K collection.

Used to play NBA 2k and NFL 2k on it. I liked the NFL 2k better than Madden before they stopped making it.

tredigs
07-08-2016, 02:43 PM

I was always a Sega fan, still have my dreamcast, but I lost my SegaCD. My favorite system to this day though was TurboGrafix 16 (Bonks!). Saw one at my local video game store and some of the games alone go for >$200. Craziness.

Anyway concerning Mo, it sounded like the Warriors didn't offer him the vet min, not sure why to be honest. They could've said, "we can't guarantee you any PT, but here's the vet min if you want to stay on board". Guess they needed the slot.

@Saddle - Barbosa was too much. They wanted him but he got a bigger contract.

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2016, 03:07 PM
David West > Mo Speights

Chronz
07-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Used to play NBA 2k and NFL 2k on it. I liked the NFL 2k better than Madden before they stopped making it.
Remember when they dropped NFL 2K for like 20 or 30 bucks. It was legendary, I had it for another console and loved it.

I was always a Sega fan, still have my dreamcast, but I lost my SegaCD. My favorite system to this day though was TurboGrafix 16 (Bonks!). Saw one at my local video game store and some of the games alone go for >$200. Craziness.

Anyway concerning Mo, it sounded like the Warriors didn't offer him the vet min, not sure why to be honest. They could've said, "we can't guarantee you any PT, but here's the vet min if you want to stay on board". Guess they needed the slot.

@Saddle - Barbosa was too much. They wanted him but he got a bigger contract.
Sucks when you see things you used to own selling for extravagant amounts now. My roommate said he saw earthbound sell for a few G's or something and was frantically calling every family member he knew to track it down. Wonder what became of my Atari, I think its in El Salvador somewhere, there or Scottland.

Chronz
07-08-2016, 03:10 PM
David West > Mo Speights

For some reason Im the only one who loves Mo and doesn't like West much. GS will miss him, mark my words, West will get exposed and hold the team back. Meanwhile, I expect the Clips to field the best offense in the league with him and CP3. CP3 has been operating in cramped environments for too long, I just hope he has another quality year left in him.

Monta is beast
07-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Mo didnt get sn offer from the warriors. I got love for mo buckets but d west is a much better player.

Monta is beast
07-08-2016, 03:23 PM
For some reason Im the only one who loves Mo and doesn't like West much. GS will miss him, mark my words, West will get exposed and hold the team back. Meanwhile, I expect the Clips to field the best offense in the league with him and CP3. CP3 has been operating in cramped environments for too long, I just hope he has another quality year left in him.

....not sure if serious

Monta is beast
07-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Mo cant play man defense or team defense well, cant rebound well, doesnt block shots (but does draw charges) if his jumper isnt falling which is 50-50 he doesnt do anything for you. Good signing but hes an emd of the bench guy.

D west is more consistent on offense can play boh man and team defense.

tredigs
07-08-2016, 03:32 PM

We consistently underperformed with Mo out there. He's not a good defender (gets absolutely torched if switched onto a quick 4 or a 3), and his shot is extremely streaky (his only discernible quality). Ranked 59th among centers in RPM. Sounds about right to me.

Be verrry surprised if he sees more than 5mpg alongside CP3 and I'd also be very surprised if the Clips have a better O than GS.

Scoots
07-08-2016, 03:33 PM
David West > Mo Speights

And that's why Speights told the Warriors no.

Monta is beast
07-08-2016, 03:38 PM
They didnt offer him a contract

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Warriors didn't offer Mo Speights a contract so he went and signed with the Clippers.

He was willing to sign for a Vet Minimun too. ouch.

Scoots
07-08-2016, 03:41 PM
We consistently underperformed with Mo out there. He's not a good defender (gets absolutely torched if switched onto a quick 4 or a 3), and his shot is extremely streaky (his only discernible quality). Ranked 59th among centers in RPM. Sounds about right to me.

Be verrry surprised if he sees more than 5mpg alongside CP3 and I'd also be very surprised if the Clips have a better O than GS.

I'd be stunned speechless if that happened.

Scoots
07-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Warriors didn't offer Mo Speights a contract so he went and signed with the Clippers.

He was willing to sign for a Vet Minimun too. ouch.

But it doesn't mean he was willing to sign a vet min for the Warriors.

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2016, 03:47 PM
But it doesn't mean he was willing to sign a vet min for the Warriors.

He said he would have.

Monta is beast
07-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Makes sense we have dray d. west k.d at pf already with kooney looking to get minutes and we just brought back macadoo. He wouldnt have played

Chronz
07-08-2016, 04:08 PM

Yeah those +/- numbers scare the **** out of me. I suppose theres got to be a reason someone as relatively productive as he has struggled to get consistent PT. Skill wise, I just think hes the best bench big we've had in a really long time, well except for Aldrich this past year but in terms of meshing with CP3's and either Blake or DJ's game, hes the absolute perfect fit because hes been playing PF/C for a long time now and can space you out to the 3 now. The only way he doesn't get minutes alongside CP3 is if the rookies pan out, which Im all for. Honestly dont see how hes not the first big off the bench on this team.

Just checking his numbers, hes not efficient at all, I always knew he was a chucker but holy ****, damn near 30% usage? Hes gonna turn that number down alongside CP3 and Blake, for sure. How the hell does a guy with usage that high who I feel like primarily settles for jumpers have such a high turnover rate too? Was he the one warrior who actually gets called for moving picks?

Monta is beast
07-08-2016, 05:07 PM
He can shoot and that is pretty much it. But his shot is inconsistent. He can win you games when he is on no doubt, but for the most part hes an end of the bench player.

Scoots
07-08-2016, 05:18 PM
He said he would have.

Wow ... okay ... then the timing of the McAdoo signing is just coincidence. Interesting. Not too sad about Mo being gone ... need better D from that roster spot ... but where are they going to find it?

tredigs
07-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Wow ... okay ... then the timing of the McAdoo signing is just coincidence. Interesting. Not too sad about Mo being gone ... need better D from that roster spot ... but where are they going to find it?

West is stronger and a pretty decent post defender, maybe the rookie Jones. He's a 3 yr college player, so not a huge project. We'll see.

Scoots
07-08-2016, 05:20 PM
He can shoot and that is pretty much it. But his shot is inconsistent. He can win you games when he is on no doubt, but for the most part hes an end of the bench player.

Mo goes into the game, makes 2 of 3 first shots, he keeps playing and helps the team. Mo goes into the game, misses 3 of 3 shots, he sits the rest of the game.

asandhu23
07-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Steal? Warriors didn't give Mo an offer.

Chronz
07-08-2016, 05:41 PM

I thought you said he improved his defense. Did it go from dog **** to horse dung?

Monta is beast
07-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Steal? Warriors didn't give Mo an offer.

Is that jb in your picture

Saddletramp
07-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Remember when they dropped NFL 2K for like 20 or 30 bucks. It was legendary, I had it for another console and loved it.

Sucks when you see things you used to own selling for extravagant amounts now. My roommate said he saw earthbound sell for a few G's or something and was frantically calling every family member he knew to track it down. Wonder what became of my Atari, I think its in El Salvador somewhere, there or Scottland.

You seem like a fascinating person.

GiantsSwaGG
07-08-2016, 06:31 PM

Lol stop MO isn't that good man

KingPosey
07-08-2016, 06:37 PM
I think over 2 years, so 4 per if I'm not mistaken

shep33
07-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Love this signing

Scoots
07-08-2016, 08:15 PM
I thought you said he improved his defense. Did it go from dog **** to horse dung?

He DID improve ... from 0 on a scale from 1 to 10 to a 3 ... just a little better than Avi Lee. Still a long way from good.

DR_1
07-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Good signing but what an overhyped headline lol
There is no such thing as overhyping when it comes to the Mo Buckets experience.

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Mo is 28 still has game left. wouldn't have gotten much playing time with the Warriors. Clippers are a good spot for him. Hopefully he has a good year and gets paid.

asandhu23
07-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Is that jb in your picture

no. That's the almighty Rick Barry.

Monta is beast
07-09-2016, 02:22 AM
I feel dumb hella looks like jb tho

Monta is beast
07-09-2016, 02:23 AM
Im surprised he only got the vet min. I thought he would get 6+ million

ewing
07-09-2016, 07:41 AM

really? I think he sucks. He is a big body that shoots a jump shot every time he touches the ball and really does none of the things you'd think of him doing looking at him (you know defense, offensive rebounding, etc). He's a ****ing can if you ask me LOLOL. He even devalues his shooting by never giving up the ball. You can really only have him on the floor when he is on b/c his shot selection is god awful.

ewing
07-09-2016, 07:46 AM
Im surprised he only got the vet min. I thought he would get 6+ million

its b/c he sucks

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2016, 02:34 PM
This is a great signing for the Clippers! I don't think he's as good as Aldrich but hopefully his fit will work just as well. I'm hoping he meshes well with Brice Johnson. Hopefully Brice makes up for Mo's lack of defense and rebounding.

Scoots
07-09-2016, 06:39 PM
really? I think he sucks. He is a big body that shoots a jump shot every time he touches the ball and really does none of the things you'd think of him doing looking at him (you know defense, offensive rebounding, etc). He's a ****ing can if you ask me LOLOL. He even devalues his shooting by never giving up the ball. You can really only have him on the floor when he is on b/c his shot selection is god awful.

This.