PDA

View Full Version : KD not done tarnishing his image

5ass
07-07-2016, 03:21 PM
“As humbly as I can say it, I’m not a $88 player,” Durant said. “I’m an elite player in the league. I wanted everything to be affordable, but I knew we had to sacrifice some stuff. I just wanted the fans of the brand and of the shoe to just stay patient with me. And stay patient with who I am as a player, and the level I was trying to go to.”

"stay patient with" you? I think that means "pay up". I had so much respect for Starbury and Hakeem for releasing affordable shoes. Was Hakeem a 35$ player?

"How can a poor working mother with three boys buy Nikes or Reeboks that cost $120?...She can't. So kids steal these shoes from stores and from other kids. Sometimes they kill for them."-Hakeem

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Not a huge deal.. time to stop with this nitpicking now. He should keep his mouth shut.. dude sounds like he's entitled to everything now.

RLundi
07-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Those Starburys were trash though. They were the laughingstock of the people that had the gall to wear them. It sucks, but more expensive = better in the eyes of the public. These clowns aren't gonna buy KD's shoes with the same demand if they were $20, because cheap and inexpensive isn't cool to them. Having money is cool, and being able to afford expensive things is cool. So I could see where KD is coming from a little.

5ass
07-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Those Starburys were trash though. They were the laughingstock of the people that had the gall to wear them. It sucks, but more expensive = better in the eyes of the public. These clowns aren't gonna buy KD's shoes with the same demand if they were $20, because cheap and inexpensive isn't cool to them. Having money is cool, and being able to afford expensive things is cool. So I could see where KD is coming from a little.

I know, but this is what's wrong with the world. Still, Hakeem had good intentions, and I always admired that. Maybe if enough athletes did the same, people would start buying them. I'm not saying KD should sell his shoes for 20$, but the "I'm not an $88 player" was not necessary.

Chronz
07-07-2016, 03:37 PM
I remember buying Shaq shoes and they were at the cheapest of warehouses. KD will never be worth Shaq, dude is putting his foot in his mouth way too much. This is what he meant when he said he wanted to get out of his comfort zone. Dude is becoming the ultimate tool

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:38 PM
I know, but this is what's wrong with the world. Still, Hakeem had good intentions, and I always admired that. Maybe if enough athletes did the same, people would start buying them. I'm not saying KD should sell his shoes for 20$, but the "I'm not an $88 player" was not necessary.

Exactly. Why bring that piece up? Could you imagine LeBron saying that nonsense? Lol.. In reality, his shoes should cost more than $100 but let's face it, Nike dictates the prices and Kevin Durant is an idiot for answering this question.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Oh stfu 5ss. You guys are falling off the deep end.

Chronz
07-07-2016, 03:49 PM
You dont think this sounds like hes embracing the villain inside? Why you gotta phrase it that way, Im not an 88 dollar player? Cmon man, thats a bad look even before he defects.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:52 PM
This was a question KD shouldn't have answered because it wouldn't have looked good anyways. Instead, he chooses to answer it and gives the worst response ever. He loves this villain role. A good guy but just not a good look for him lately.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 03:55 PM
You dont think this sounds like hes embracing the villain inside? Why you gotta phrase it that way, Im not an 88 dollar player? Cmon man, thats a bad look even before he defects.

It's just hilarious watching the old quotes, comments and general reaching come to light when somebody does something they personally don't like.

If I was going to take this thread seriously I would want to know where he was asked this + what situation they were in, as well as see video of it. I don't take random quotes with no context/video seriously (as innocuous and stupid as something like this is anyway), and recommend none of you do either.

5ass
07-07-2016, 03:57 PM

Look I don't like Durant's decision but I'm excited to watch the warriors play great basketball and go down in history as a dynasty.

This bothered me more than his decision to join GS, and I would've made this thread regardless if he went to the Warriors or the Nets. Like I said I always admired what Hakeem for what he did, and I wish more athletes would've followed that trend.

Alayla
07-07-2016, 04:00 PM
The heel turn is real.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Do you think Durant thinks these are worth $88?

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/575ae5a51500002b00739e30.jpeg?cache=hvhmzwvtmn

tredigs
07-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Look I don't like Durant's decision but I'm excited to watch the warriors play great basketball and go down in history as a dynasty.

This bothered me more than his decision to join GS, and I would've made this thread regardless if he went to the Warriors or the Nets. Like I said I always admired what Hakeem for what he did, and I wish more athletes would've followed that trend.

Burn him for honesty! Lol.

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/575ae5a51500002b00739e30.jpeg?cache=hvhmzwvtmn
Back to topic, these are the KD9's:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BPrSZLUUPjY/maxresdefault.jpg

Will2be
07-07-2016, 04:08 PM
The heel turn is real.

I like it go full Hollywood Hogan on everyone

Vee-Rex
07-07-2016, 04:11 PM

I laugh every time I see those. The memes were so hilarious too.

I don't think Curry gives a **** either, which makes the whole thing that much more funny.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2016, 04:18 PM
who cares

Tony_Starks
07-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Stop the bloodclot cryin......

elledaddy
07-07-2016, 04:32 PM
KD you are a $88 player,hell a $75 player as long as they sell fake KDs.

Saddletramp
07-07-2016, 04:37 PM
This really isn't news. These guys make millions (tens of millions? hundreds of millions?) off of products that they lend their name to that are produced in third world countries for $20 and sold for 5 times that to shallow people that think these shoes make a difference in their "game" or their appearance.

If you have a problem with anything involving the shoe companies like Nike, then some guy saying "things need to be sacrificed" while still putting his name on something being made in third world sweat shops should be tops on your "**** That Guy" list.

sf-fanatic
07-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Who cares. I'm pretty sure Nike dictates the price on their products anyways

Tony_Starks
07-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Michael Jordan literally said "I don't make my shoes for poor people" when he was told parents can't afford to get their kids his shoes and I still see literally lines out the door for people buying his kicks and he's still you guys GOAT so.......

5ass
07-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Michael Jordan literally said "I don't make my shoes for poor people" when he was told parents can't afford to get their kids his shoes and I still see literally lines out the door for people buying his kicks and he's still you guys GOAT so.......

This isn't about basketball. **** MJ, I have little respect for who he is as a person. I was never one to buy his sneakers either. I despise the whole culture of Jordan collectors spending thousands of dollars for a Chinese made shoe that cost them barely 15$ to produce. If you took out the Jordan logo on his shoes people wouldn't buy them. This whole world is brainwashed. That is why its refreshing to see someone like Hakeem break the trend, and to me it means a lot.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 05:12 PM
This isn't about basketball. **** MJ, I have little respect for who he is as a person. I was never one to buy his sneakers either. I despise the whole culture of Jordan collectors spending thousands of dollars for a Chinese made shoe that cost them barely 15$ to produce. If you took out the Jordan logo on his shoes people wouldn't buy them. This whole world is brainwashed. That is why its refreshing to see someone like Hakeem break the trend, and to me it means a lot.

It cost much more than $15 to produce a sneaker.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 05:13 PM

Sounds to me like you simply hate capitalism. It's understandable (I mean that), and there are avenues for you to pursue my man. I can tell you one thing, the NBA is not for you, but GL >

HandsOnTheWheel
07-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Sounds like he's embracing a villain role with the hope that people will view him differently. Lebrons been manipulating the media since highschool. It's all about publicity that leads to money.

SfgiantsJD3
07-07-2016, 06:33 PM
This really isn't news. These guys make millions (tens of millions? hundreds of millions?) off of products that they lend their name to that are produced in third world countries for $20 and sold for 5 times that to shallow people that think these shoes make a difference in their "game" or their appearance.

If you have a problem with anything involving the shoe companies like Nike, then some guy saying "things need to be sacrificed" while still putting his name on something being made in third world sweat shops should be tops on your "**** That Guy" list.

currently Nike owes KD 300 million over 10 years; like I said somewhere else, Nike played a big roll in this decision to be able to have adds against Steph's under amor deal so its serious great grandchildren life changing money

Sadds The Gr8
07-07-2016, 06:37 PM

this, cha rossclautttt

IndyRealist
07-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Nike's paying a lot of money to use Durant's face, they're going to charge a lot for the shoes. No one seems to be complaining that jerseys are $110. Poor people can't afford that, either.

DR_1
07-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Oh come on, this is nitpicking.

RLundi
07-07-2016, 07:31 PM

How much does it cost then, FlashBolt?

IBleedPurple
07-07-2016, 07:37 PM
It cost much more than $15 to produce a sneaker.Think so?

Air Jordans are manufactured in China and reportedly cost Nike a bit more than $16 a pair. The Air Jordan 10s are listed on Amazon for $250 to $550 a pair, depending on the style and color. If that strikes you as a rather hellacious markup, welcome to the world of “luxury” goods, where the selling price is determined not by the cost of the goods, but by the status that buyers think they confer.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/07/27/real-costs-pair-sneakers/13181055/

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 07:45 PM
This is nothing in my opinion. Outside of Marbury and Shaq all sneakers were always incredibly over priced... Shaq and Marbury always cared more than normal athletes... Its not a slight on durant at all.... I wouldnt make my shoes cheaper if I were them.... **** that.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 07:46 PM
How much does it cost then, FlashBolt?

I don't have a precise number for Durant's specific shoe because Nike doesn't have an in-depth financial statement for just Durant's line but cost of goods is alone worth $16. How do you think Durant gets paid in endorsements? Let's assume Durant gets paid 10% for every sneaker sold. If Nike wants to make a certain amount to break-even, they might want to increase the price of the sneaker (let's use $200). That's $20 per sneaker going to Durant. Add that $20 as additional cost to that $16. Then the marketing costs involve in paying for ads. Then involve the workforce needed to pay people to sell these sneakers. Then pay the managers or parties involved with selling the sneaker. You'll find it's not just as simple as selling a sneaker for $160 and deducting $15 to make a profit of $145.

Think so?

Air Jordans are manufactured in China and reportedly cost Nike a bit more than $16 a pair. The Air Jordan 10s are listed on Amazon for $250 to $550 a pair, depending on the style and color. If that strikes you as a rather hellacious markup, welcome to the world of “luxury” goods, where the selling price is determined not by the cost of the goods, but by the status that buyers think they confer.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/07/27/real-costs-pair-sneakers/13181055/

Read the article again: COST OF GOODS cost them $16 per pair. That doesn't include advertising, selling expenses, getting sites open to market them, shipping costs, equipment, etc. It gets tricky but COST OF GOODS is not all the costs an item incurs.

GiantsSwaGG
07-07-2016, 07:49 PM
I remember buying Shaq shoes and they were at the cheapest of warehouses. KD will never be worth Shaq, dude is putting his foot in his mouth way too much. This is what he meant when he said he wanted to get out of his comfort zone. Dude is becoming the ultimate tool

I respect you and your post but if we would of caught you on my block with "shaqs" on not only would you get clowned, you would probably get jumped!

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 07:51 PM
I respect you and your post but if we would of caught you on my black with "shaqs" on not only would you get clowned, you would probably get jumped!

Sad reality is that you're right.. lol. In most areas, they will probably laugh at you for anything these days.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Its not Durants fault either..... If Durant makes his shoes under 50 Dollars THEY WONT SELL... I know that sounds stupid but growing up in Philly where shoes were everything the price mattered just as much as the player and even today that is the case... If Durant sells his shoes for 129 dollars they will sell more than if he sold them for under 50 because they no longer seem like top of the line shoes that people will want and they just wont sell....

That being said the 88 dollar comment was just stupid...As stupid as Jordan saying his shoes arent for poor people.... Its true but it just sucks to say it.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Its not Durants fault either..... If Durant makes his shoes under 50 Dollars THEY WONT SELL... I know that sounds stupid but growing up in Philly where shoes were everything the price mattered just as much as the player and even today that is the case... If Durant sells his shoes for 129 dollars they will sell more than if he sold them for under 50 because they no longer seem like top of the line shoes that people will want and they just wont sell....

That being said the 88 dollar comment was just stupid...As stupid as Jordan saying his shoes arent for poor people.... Its true but it just sucks to say it.

Durant has no decision.. he's just licensing his name away to Nike and reaping the profits. His brand is the value; not his input in shoes. I highly doubt Durant comes up with the designs. He wouldn't have a clue where to start. Same with Jordan.

GiantsSwaGG
07-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Sad reality is that you're right.. lol. In most areas, they will probably laugh at you for anything these days.

Man, I tired to bag this chick from HS, bad Colombian and Asian. Choose the wrong time to wear skippies she turned me down and told me "your sneakers prevented you from getting these draws" ever since then I only wore Nike and Jordan's.

CardinalRed24
07-07-2016, 08:01 PM
:rolleyes: this is silly

Saddletramp
07-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Man, I tired to bag this chick from HS, bad Colombian and Asian. Choose the wrong time to wear skippies she turned me down and told me "your sneakers prevented you from getting these draws" ever since then I only wore Nike and Jordan's.

Have higher standards.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 08:05 PM

I was extremely poor when i was younger so it was always LA Gears or pumps or pay less.... I couldnt even afford fila. I had a huge crush on this girl named ANNA in middle school.... On the first day of school back from summer vacation I was sitting next to her and we were talking non stop and i told her I liked her and she liked me... Later that day the 2 pos kids across from me realized I had pay less and dug into me hard... I got dumped later that day before I even got her as a gf lol... She Said I am not a good look for her lol

I dont count this as being dumped though because technically i didnt ask her to be my careful :nod:

GiantsSwaGG
07-07-2016, 08:11 PM
I was extremely poor when i was younger so it was always LA Gears or pumps or pay less.... I couldnt even afford fila. I had a huge crush on this girl named ANNA in middle school.... On the first day of school back from summer vacation I was sitting next to her and we were talking non stop and i told her I liked her and she liked me... Later that day the 2 pos kids across from me realized I had pay less and dug into me hard... I got dumped later that day before I even got her as a gf lol... She Said I am not a good look for her lol

I dont count this as being dumped though because technically i didnt ask her to be my careful :nod:

fila, I was wearing Sega Genesis and Averex sneakers in junior high. Matter of fact I remember my mom brought me black Payless boots, I took white tape put it on the side and made my own version of Jordan's 12. Luckily I was super popular in JH and they took it as a joke but I was dead serious lol

knickfan371
07-07-2016, 08:20 PM
"stay patient with" you? I think that means "pay up". I had so much respect for Starbury and Hakeem for releasing affordable shoes. Was Hakeem a 35$ player?

"How can a poor working mother with three boys buy Nikes or Reeboks that cost $120?...She can't. So kids steal these shoes from stores and from other kids. Sometimes they kill for them."-Hakeem
Hakeem tried the Spalding shoe thing and flopped. When he first came out those etonics were expensive and in 2016 still are. Kd did not ruin his legacy he owes no one anything.

knickfan371
07-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Styles sell shoes not the price

RowBTrice
07-07-2016, 08:27 PM
I remember buying Shaq shoes and they were at the cheapest of warehouses. KD will never be worth Shaq, dude is putting his foot in his mouth way too much. This is what he meant when he said he wanted to get out of his comfort zone. Dude is becoming the ultimate tool.

Dude I loved those Shaq shoes. Wore them for years!

tredigs
07-07-2016, 08:34 PM

Dude I loved those Shaq shoes. Wore them for years!

No offense but only mark's wore Shaq's lol. Penny's and Jordan's baby.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Well can we all agree that this is a lame attempt to attack KD? lol

hamburger
07-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Tarnishing one's image is more along the lines of beating your wife, or shooting a person. Maybe drinking and driving. Tarnishing ones image is not joining a good team in order to chase rings or saying something about the value of your shoe brand.

Get a hold of yourselves.

Phantom Dreamer
07-07-2016, 09:24 PM

This isn't about basketball. **** MJ, I have little respect for who he is as a person. I was never one to buy his sneakers either. I despise the whole culture of Jordan collectors spending thousands of dollars for a Chinese made shoe that cost them barely 15$ to produce. If you took out the Jordan logo on his shoes people wouldn't buy them. This whole world is brainwashed. That is why its refreshing to see someone like Hakeem break the trend, and to me it means a lot.Know the difference between $ & ¢.

IBleedPurple
07-07-2016, 09:41 PM
nullYou said produce a sneaker, not sell. That would be production only. Read what you wrote lol.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Styles sell shoes not the price

then why are curry sneakers sales through the roof? style has **** to do with it... the type of player and those sneakers being over 100 dollars are all that matters.... jordan was coming out with the same style shoe for years.... purples/blues etc etc etc... people run out to be the first to get them because they are priced so high and not many of their friends/people will have them in their minds.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 09:52 PM
then why are curry sneakers sales through the roof? style has **** to do with it... the type of player and those sneakers being over 100 dollars are all that matters.... jordan was coming out with the same style shoe for years.... purples/blues etc etc etc... people run out to be the first to get them because they are priced so high and not many of their friends/people will have them in their minds.

It's all of it. Style, color, price, the brand, the player, and the cachet.

knickfan371
07-07-2016, 10:03 PM
If styles don't mean anything why did step Currys new shoes get cracked on by everyone from latenight TV host to news reporters.? remember when weapons were destroying nike.? Bird and magic helped but weapons even to this day are some of the best shoes ever created.

lol, please
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Not a huge deal.. time to stop with this nitpicking now. He should keep his mouth shut.. dude sounds like he's entitled to everything now.

This is surprising, coming from you.

Durant is nothing but class, and he showed this in his press conference. The fact that people are trying to put a negative spin on what he and Kerr said, that's just pathetic.

No offense but only mark's wore Shaq's lol. Penny's and Jordan's baby.

Are you drunk tredigs? :laugh2:

Those white, black and blue SHAQ ATTAQ pumps were dope.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM

I don't think you understand the market regarding why people buy Jordan, though. Most of the higher priced sneakers going for $300+ are because hypebeasts and collectors love them. Jordan's release the same style via retros, etc., because they make money off collectors. Even for LeBron's, you can purchase his new shoe for what? $180? His South Beach 8 is a collectors item and check the price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-AIR-MAX-LEBRON-8-VIII-PRE-HEAT-SOUTH-BEACH-MIAMI-BLACK-PINK-SZ-11-/162122485239?hash=item25bf40cdf7:g:bMcAAOSwvg9XdeE c

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 10:08 PM
This is surprising, coming from you.

Durant is nothing but class, and he showed this in his press conference. The fact that people are trying to put a negative spin on what he and Kerr said, that's just pathetic.

He didn't have to say he isn't a $88 player. To many, $88 for a sneaker is a luxury. It comes off as entitled and arrogant.

beasted86
07-07-2016, 10:19 PM

You d-ride Jay every chance you can get, man. Damn! It's so often that I don't need to look at the username anymore.

Sorry, had to point this out and rant on it since I see it so often.... And I say this as a huge fan who considers him the goat.

Jewelz0376
07-07-2016, 10:19 PM
<yawn> If his shoes were cheap like the staburys or Hakeem's they would be whack. Those shoes were ugly. I'm a shoe head, and it sometimes annoys me how much the kobes, Durants, Lebrons cost now, but it is what it is. It's the consumers fault don't not the brand.

tp13baby
07-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Starburys looked cool. I owned a pair, but you get what you pay for. They were terrible in terms of comfort and poor material. Durant, Kyrie, Lebron, are fortunate enough to be marketed by Nike, regardless of what shoe they have they sell. Its the symbolism that comes with the shoe.

KingJudah
07-08-2016, 01:19 AM
Durant is just a joke. A coward and weak and a joke, you got kids dying right in his own former neighbourhood of seat pleasant over his ugly *** shoes.

lol, please
07-08-2016, 01:34 AM
Durant is just a joke. A coward and weak and a joke, you got kids dying right in his own former neighbourhood of seat pleasant over his ugly *** shoes.

Cowards don't take challenges like trying to mesh with an ATG team with championship aspirations.

KingJudah
07-08-2016, 01:46 AM

Jordan the player vs jordan the person is perceived wayyyy different where im from.

More-Than-Most
07-08-2016, 02:03 AM
Cowards don't take challenges like trying to mesh with an ATG team with championship aspirations.

Lol did you just praise Durant and calling him going to the warriors a personal challenge?

More-Than-Most
07-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Jordan the player vs jordan the person is perceived wayyyy different where im from.

Yup... I always thought it was known Jordan was the biggest DBag ever... He is still the goat lol but yea.

Vinylman
07-08-2016, 08:24 AM

Ha Ha...

to make the actual sneaker or to market it? If you think it cost more than $10 in actual materials and labor I feel sad for you...

You are probably one of those guys that think energy drinks cost a lot to make when the cost is only slightly more than making a can of soda even though an energy drink retails for 10x what a can of soda retails for.

Vinylman
07-08-2016, 08:27 AM

How are the Warriors an ATG team at this point... they choked in the finals...

This generation is mind boggling

ghettosean
07-08-2016, 08:40 AM
How is this thread 5 pages regarding the mans shoes :rolleyes:

The title of this thread was very misleading IMO.

IBleedPurple
07-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Cowards don't take challenges like trying to mesh with an ATG team with championship aspirations.Just about any player would, cowards included.

Vee-Rex
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Lol @ people wearing Shaqs.

Also, do people really call them sneakers? Sounds like something only white people would call them.

LA_Raiders
07-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Lol, just an immature ***. He should be happy that more people can afford them.

Tony_Starks
07-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Op should buy a bunch of retro LA Gears and make the world a better place...

Tony_Starks
07-08-2016, 12:20 PM

Also, do people really call them sneakers? Sounds like something only white people would call them.

I once bought my nephews some Shaqs and got the Kobe death stare from his Mom upon presentation....

FlashBolt
07-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Ha Ha...

to make the actual sneaker or to market it? If you think it cost more than $10 in actual materials and labor I feel sad for you...

You are probably one of those guys that think energy drinks cost a lot to make when the cost is only slightly more than making a can of soda even though an energy drink retails for 10x what a can of soda retails for.

They just said Jordan's shoes alone cost $16 to make... stfu.

Saddletramp
07-08-2016, 06:52 PM

Kicks? Hop Gear? Foot C*nts?

IKnowHoops
07-08-2016, 07:44 PM

You've sh----- on Bron for less

IKnowHoops
07-08-2016, 07:45 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

you've been pretty funny the last month I must say

lol, please
07-08-2016, 07:51 PM
How are the Warriors an ATG team at this point... they choked in the finals...

This generation is mind boggling
73 wins says hi.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

lol, please
Just about any player would, cowards included.
Then why the double standards?

lol, please
Lol did you just praise Durant and calling him going to the warriors a personal challenge?
Durant said it himself. Do you disagree with him?

GoferKing_
07-09-2016, 03:05 AM

What a real challenge it is... playing alongside Green, Curry and Klay... challenge sooooo much....so in your view LBJ also is not a coward when he formed his "superfriends team".

GoferKing_
07-09-2016, 03:07 AM

You always believe in what people say on TV, at a press conference?

FlashBolt
07-09-2016, 03:16 AM

Just curious, how many times have you been scammed in your life?

Chicagofaithful
07-09-2016, 03:33 AM
This +1,000,000,000.00 this is the truth.

lol, please
07-09-2016, 03:35 AM
What a real challenge it is... playing alongside Green, Curry and Klay... challenge sooooo much....so in your view LBJ also is not a coward when he formed his "superfriends team".
LeBron ditched his team prematurely and actually agreed to play with two players on different teams between seasons.

Sorry but there is a big difference between forming a super team (lebron) and joining an elite team (Durant) and it being regarded as a super team (AFTER SEVERAL MOVES).

I mean, the attempts to somehow spin this as cowardice by Durant....it's just pathetic and way off base.

FlashBolt
07-09-2016, 03:42 AM
LeBron ditched his team prematurely and actually agreed to play with two players on different teams between seasons.

Sorry but there is a big difference between forming a super team (lebron) and joining an elite team (Durant) and it being regarded as a super team (AFTER SEVERAL MOVES).

I mean, the attempts to somehow spin this as cowardice by Durant....it's just pathetic and way off base.

I hope you aren't as "knowledgeable" about boxing as you are basketball. You have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't think Curry+Green+Klay are a superteam, then you aren't thinking straight. Curry was the unanimous MVP, top two player. Klay is a top 15 player and you even said he was better than Harden. Green is a top ten player and probably the 2nd best PF right now.

lol, please
07-09-2016, 03:43 AM
I hope you aren't as "knowledgeable" about boxing as you are basketball. You have no idea what you're talking about.
The best part about this post are the links to the evidence supporting your position.

FlashBolt
07-09-2016, 03:44 AM
The best part about this post are the links to the evidence supporting your position.

The best part is you never post any evidence.. you just type with your eyes closed.

lol, please
07-09-2016, 03:46 AM
The best part is you never post any evidence.. you just type with your eyes closed.
Well that's false, we need look no further than the best player in the league thread.

Oh that's right, that's the thread you ducked and dodged every fact I dropped on you. Yea, let's keep that on buried.

FlashBolt
07-09-2016, 03:54 AM
Well that's false, we need look no further than the best player in the league thread.

Oh that's right, that's the thread you ducked and dodged every fact I dropped on you. Yea, let's keep that on buried.

No one even knows WTF you're talking about.. you like totally disappeared and pretended you were a humble fan after the Cavs beat your Warriors. "Congrats Cavs, but I'm going to take a week to pretend I'm busy with life but in reality, was busy soaking my pillows with tears. I will come back when something positive for Warriors happens."

KD comes back.

"HAHAHA, Klay is wet! Durant is wet!"

You are hilarious. You give everyone here a good laugh because that's what clowns do.

GoferKing_
07-09-2016, 04:34 AM

Well, KD was meeting with GSW players during the series, sooooo you know. And GSW is considered to being all time great team, soooo you know.

jason
07-09-2016, 04:52 AM
I laugh every time I see those. The memes were so hilarious too.

I don't think Curry gives a **** either, which makes the whole thing that much more funny.

Shoes aren't even that bad looking. Its just the all white that looks bad

Saddletramp
07-09-2016, 05:36 AM

:laugh:HAHAHA:laugh:

You repeatedly duck and dodge people when they destroy your hideous posts and you have the nerve to say someone else is dodging you? And now you're saying that:

HAHAHAHA! Got you! You just said Lebron formed a super team while Duramt joined an already elite team! BUSTED.

Also, it sounds like KD was in cahoots with the Warriors for awhile now. No idea when Lebron or Durant made up their actual minds but don't think for one second you can safely say either planned on leaving before they actually could. And what "SEVERAL MOVES" are you referring to? West? ZaZa? Re-signing a few irrelevant bench guys? Losing 2/5 of their starting lineup and three of their top bench guys? And all that happened AFTER Durant agreed to go there so don't say it wasn't a "super team" after any of those moves were made. Like Flashbolt said, they were already a super team. (And is super higher than elite or is elite higher than super? Doesn't really matter, you'll just say whatever fits your narrative.)

I'd love a response, but I'm not expecting one.

lol, please
07-09-2016, 09:56 PM
No one even knows WTF you're talking about.. you like totally disappeared and pretended you were a humble fan after the Cavs beat your Warriors. "Congrats Cavs, but I'm going to take a week to pretend I'm busy with life but in reality, was busy soaking my pillows with tears. I will come back when something positive for Warriors happens."

KD comes back.

"HAHAHA, Klay is wet! Durant is wet!"

You are hilarious. You give everyone here a good laugh because that's what clowns do.
Uh, I was busy posting in the SF Giants forum dude. :shrug:

I wasn't hiding from anyone. I gave the Cavaliers and Vee-Rex my respects and congratulations several times after the finals, then went on to focus on other sports. Signing Durant is big news, and I have been back to discuss it.

:laugh:HAHAHA:laugh:

You repeatedly duck and dodge people when they destroy your hideous posts and you have the nerve to say someone else is dodging you? And now you're saying that:

HAHAHAHA! Got you! You just said Lebron formed a super team while Duramt joined an already elite team! BUSTED.

Also, it sounds like KD was in cahoots with the Warriors for awhile now. No idea when Lebron or Durant made up their actual minds but don't think for one second you can safely say either planned on leaving before they actually could. And what "SEVERAL MOVES" are you referring to? West? ZaZa? Re-signing a few irrelevant bench guys? Losing 2/5 of their starting lineup and three of their top bench guys? And all that happened AFTER Durant agreed to go there so don't say it wasn't a "super team" after any of those moves were made. Like Flashbolt said, they were already a super team. (And is super higher than elite or is elite higher than super? Doesn't really matter, you'll just say whatever fits your narrative.)

I'd love a response, but I'm not expecting one.

What are you even upset about regarding Durant? What exactly do you want me to respond to?

So what if Durant was already talking to the Warriors like Iggy.

He didn't quit on his team.

And I know you hate to hear it, but it's not the same as what Lebron did. Since when is joining a good team as a good player a cowardly move? Are we supposed to have a talent cap on teams now? "Oh, you can't go there, they already have a token All-Star".

Saddletramp
07-09-2016, 10:28 PM

I wasn't hiding from anyone. I gave the Cavaliers and Vee-Rex my respects and congratulations several times after the finals, then went on to focus on other sports. Signing Durant is big news, and I have been back to discuss it.

What are you even upset about regarding Durant? What exactly do you want me to respond to?

You make questionable assumptions and act like you don't understand basic questions all while being as biased as possible and claiming that you're not any more biased than the average fan. You asked questions the other day that I answered and you went ghoster than Klay in Game 7 or MontaisBeast after Game 7.

Isn't this what you've bashed Lebron for? Setting the ball in motion with friends before his contract was up? And the Heat and Raptors weren't in Lebron's way back then when/if they conversed which leads us to......

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But if he didn't, you can add alltime chokery (that was comically outdone a few weeks later) to the unparalleled cowardice and unprecedented pussification.

And I know you hate to hear it, but it's not the same as what Lebron did. Since when is joining a good team as a good player a cowardly move? Are we supposed to have a talent cap on teams now? "Oh, you can't go there, they already have a token All-Star".

So, didn't Lebron (a good player) join a good team (actually, they wouldn't have been good without him) while the Warriors were already ATG. And there is a talent cap, it's just that the players union wanted that TV money as fast as possible and it opened up at a record pace. No way Durant signs for $10 million.

In short, when people can't tell if you're serious or just trolling, it's not a good look. Work on it.

Bostonjorge
07-10-2016, 12:55 AM
Shoe price don't hurt your imagine it's helps it. James shoes are the most expensive retail shoes out right now. General release drop from $220-$250 and that's general release not quick strike(extremely limited). The CRAMP pack shoes that release when James lost to the Spurs dropped for $295 each. If Miami would of won then they would of been a championship pack reselling for $1k+ each.

Main reason Currys shoes sale is because parents go to the shoe store and the scenario plays out like this. Moms ask kid what shoe do you want? Kids respond Lebronds or KD's. Sticker shock of $200+ leads to mom telling kid to act right. Next name is curry and they sell for $100. Mom says we have a winner and can we leave this place until next year?

FlashBolt
07-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Shoe price don't hurt your imagine it's helps it. James shoes are the most expensive retail shoes out right now. General release drop from $220-$250 and that's general release not quick strike(extremely limited). The CRAMP pack shoes that release when James lost to the Spurs dropped for $295 each. If Miami would of won then they would of been a championship pack reselling for $1k+ each.

Main reason Currys shoes sale is because parents go to the shoe store and the scenario plays out like this. Moms ask kid what shoe do you want? Kids respond Lebronds or KD's. Sticker shock of $200+ leads to mom telling kid to act right. Next name is curry and they sell for $100. Mom says we have a winner and can we leave this place until next year?

No parent will pay $100 for the new Curry's that look like a pair of golf shoes.

KingJudah
07-10-2016, 11:56 PM
I seen some shoes just like currys at Marshalls for 19.99 so there's no way id spend 100 for currys gulf shoes

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-11-2016, 01:28 PM

It's not the same as what Lebron did. What Durant did was more cowardly.

lol, please
07-11-2016, 03:23 PM
It's not the same as what Lebron did. What Durant did was more cowardly.
So if Durant went to the 76ers you would be commending him right now?

:confused:

Bostonjorge
07-11-2016, 06:51 PM
When I was a kid my mom took me to pay less shoe store and said find some shoes. I didn't know better I didn't care about my cloths back then. I found some Hakeem shoes and went to school and told my friends look I got some Hakeem the dream shoes. Someone said those are from Payless. I went from loving my shoes to wanting to toss them because I was getting clowned. The next year I told my mom I want to go to footlocker. My first time in the store actually looking for some brand shoes. I had no idea what I wanted and told the guy helping me do you have any kobes? No idea what they looked like but I new having kobes would be a positive. So my first brand shoe was the crazy 8 kobes.

I just thought I tell my shoe story. I will never forget that story as now I am deep into the shoe game.

Howard_Zinn
07-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Durant is trash..