PDA

View Full Version : WOJ: Russell Westbrook bothered by KDs Relationships w/ GS Players

Nikeman
07-07-2016, 12:38 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russell-westbrook-supposedly-put-off-232006231.html

Agree with RW here. Kinda pathetic on KD and just goes to show he lacks a killer mentality that RWB possesses.

Vee-Rex
07-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Losing more respect for Durant.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Lol. Enough said... This dude was quitting on OKC before they even lost. Wouldn't surprise me if he purposely threw the series for OKC cause he knew he was going to get destroyed by LeBron in the Finals anyways.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-07-2016, 12:47 PM

This.

nycericanguy
07-07-2016, 12:48 PM
i mean GSW was openly recruiting him while the series was still going on, and KD was all for it...lol

AllBall
07-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Westbrook is a throwback, wants to destroy everyone on the floor and doesn't care to be your friend on or off the court. I'm starting to like this guy more and more.

KingJudah
07-07-2016, 01:09 PM
So Durant is a.coward and weak X20? Whats new. Leave the coward alone.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 01:13 PM
So Durant is a.coward and weak X20? Whats new. Leave the coward alone.

You have a bright future here at PSD. I look forward to your future screen name.

This is TMZ stuff. What this boils down to is, "Basketball player has friend. Teammate does not like his friend. Angry fans of traditions they don't understand from before they were born stay outraged. "

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 01:18 PM
You have a bright future here at PSD. I look forward to your future screen name.

This is TMZ stuff. What this boils down to is, "Basketball player has friend. Teammate does not like his friend. Angry fans of traditions they don't understand from before they were born stay outraged. "

"I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’”

The point is, KD was reportedly conversing with them during the NBA WCF. That's not cool...

Chronz
07-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Its all gonna come out now but I doubt it can get any worse for KD. Being labeled a cheat and non competitor are already a part of his DNA now.

ewing
07-07-2016, 01:22 PM
well DUH just check the footage

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHc2pJ5A-_B/

Chronz
07-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Westbrook is a throwback, wants to destroy everyone on the floor and doesn't care to be your friend on or off the court. I'm starting to like this guy more and more.

Throw back to what?

hugepatsfan
07-07-2016, 01:25 PM
Come to BOS next year Westy. We have dirt dogs on the team like you :nod:

warfelg
07-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Throw back to what?

The days when a stud player would force himself to be traded because he didn't like his situation.

Because Twitter and Facebook didn't exist and most posters weren't alive they didn't know the crap that Wilt, Moses, Barkley, and on down the line pulled.

hugepatsfan
07-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Throw back to what?

I think he's saying to guys that are so competitive they can't be friends with guys they're going against. Which I would imagine is an exaggerated storyline and glorification of the past. But being buddy-buddy during a series and getting recruited by that team are probably a little over the line IMO. I think it's fair to expect atheltes wouldn't do that.

hugepatsfan
07-07-2016, 01:28 PM

That vid has been the best part of this whole situation lol

Tony_Starks
07-07-2016, 01:29 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Russ is cold blooded, he's definitely more Kobe than Lebron....

Can't wait to get him in that purp and gold!

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Russ is cold blooded, he's definitely more Kobe than Lebron....

Yeah, Westbrook is cold-blooded but please stop with the narrative that LeBron is a softy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNXw1gKt-o

And comes back to destroy GSW... What does he have to do to be cold blooded? Chuck shots up with a mean mug on his face? Give me a break. LeBron is cold-blooded. He just doesn't let that affect how basketball should be played. Kobe lets his "cold-blooded" reputation take over and unconsciously, just keeps shooting. Same with RWB.

SiteWolf
07-07-2016, 01:35 PM
if Draymond actually did this, that would violate the anti-tampering rule

tredigs
07-07-2016, 01:55 PM
"I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’”

The point is, KD was reportedly conversing with them during the NBA WCF. That's not cool...

To me that sounds more like them just saying, "Hey KD your friend is a dick mate. Why do you hang out with him mate." (Well that's the Steven Adams version). Not that they were actually hanging out during the WCF's.

On a side note (and I've mentioned this prior), I know that Draymond was the main player beating the drum on the KD signing. I'm not convinced that it was something Curry was or is particularly thrilled about. Could mean nothing... could mean everything (Curry's a free agent this summer mind you).

tredigs
07-07-2016, 01:58 PM

Not really. It would have to prove he was discussing free-agency, for one. Secondly, don't think he'd be too scared of that fine.

warfelg
07-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Not really. It would have to prove he was discussing free-agency, for one. Secondly, don't think he'd be too scared of that fine.

Which shows what a joke the punishments for tampering in the NBA is.

Dade County
07-07-2016, 02:17 PM

Hopefully Pat can have Westbrook & another star player on the HEAT next season.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2016, 02:19 PM
I think he's saying to guys that are so competitive they can't be friends with guys they're going against. Which I would imagine is an exaggerated storyline and glorification of the past. But being buddy-buddy during a series and getting recruited by that team are probably a little over the line IMO. I think it's fair to expect atheltes wouldn't do that.

The Dream Team kind of broke down all those walls I think. Hell Magic and Larry became friends after filming a stupid commercial...

Vee-Rex
07-07-2016, 02:36 PM

And the NBA would do nothing about it.

LivinLakers
07-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Hopefully Pat can have Westbrook & another star player on the HEAT next season.

Sorry buddy. The heat are gonna suck for a while. Welcome to tank nation. You can join all of us Lakers Fans in getting your hopes up, only to realize that star players do not want to come be part of a rebuild.

Much like us Lakers Fans, you have your memories to hang on to, and your hopes of a better tomorrow. But that is all they are. I won't tell you, no way is Westbrook going there, because at least you can hope, right???

Chronz
07-07-2016, 02:43 PM

Hard to recruit when you're at the owners mercy. Very few players had the pull to control their situations much and very few teams had the money to acquire guys really worth the price tag. Even then we had the greatest rivalry of its era (Russ VS Wilt) with guys who hung out.

Magic and Larry weren't like that but they wouldve been had they gotten a chance to hang out, like say in the Olympics or something. Doctor J and Bird fought each other cuz they got into each others heads at times (Bird winning most of them) but they had so much respect for each other that they agree to never sign an autograph of that brutish brawl.

The 90's were fierce, that was driven by MJ, Bad Boy, Knicks, Heat type of rivalries/teams/personalities. I guess you could say its a throwback to the 90's but you could just as easily argue many of todays players are throwbacks to an even older time. Not sure about league wide but among its best players for sure.

Either way, competition is all I care about. They can be friends or enemies, so long as they compete. KD doesn't want to compete.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 02:56 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russell-westbrook-supposedly-put-off-232006231.html

Agree with RW here. Kinda pathetic on KD and just goes to show he lacks a killer mentality that RWB possesses.

That's the killer mentality that got the Thunder to the playoffs without Durant in 2015? Or is it the killer mentality that is going to have him suiting up in a different jersey some time in the next 2 years?

Woj is relaying that the team was questioning KD about his friendship ... just like people were questioning LeBron's friendship with Wade/CP3/Melo et al. In some ways you want to beat your buddies first.

I was surprised to learn that several Warriors were in KDs ear all year, but I've never understood the attitude some people have about hating your opponents. Magic said that his best friend in the NBA was Bird ... he set the tone for the modern player in that regard, and I don't think anybody accused Magic or Bird of not trying their hardest.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 02:57 PM

Nope. Anti-tampering does not include players.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:01 PM
That's the killer mentality that got the Thunder to the playoffs without Durant in 2015? Or is it the killer mentality that is going to have him suiting up in a different jersey some time in the next 2 years?

Woj is relaying that the team was questioning KD about his friendship ... just like people were questioning LeBron's friendship with Wade/CP3/Melo et al. In some ways you want to beat your buddies first.

I was surprised to learn that several Warriors were in KDs ear all year, but I've never understood the attitude some people have about hating your opponents. Magic said that his best friend in the NBA was Bird ... he set the tone for the modern player in that regard, and I don't think anybody accused Magic or Bird of not trying their hardest.

When they were playing AGAINST the Warriors in the WCF... That's much different than doing it years before.

Vee-Rex
07-07-2016, 03:08 PM

That's all fine and dandy, but when that friendship comes at the cost of competitiveness then there's a problem. Magic and Bird competed like crazy so that's a bad comparison.

That's NOT to save Durant didn't give it his all. But the facts are:

1. KD was buddy-buddy with GS
2. KD's teammates felt some kinda way about it
3. There was obviously a little animosity with Green's nut-blows
4. KD didn't perform well
5. KD joined GS right after being knocked off by them

When you add all those, you gotta admit, it does look pretty bad and it's perfectly reasonable to question the whole situation.

GoferKing_
07-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Durant is shiet, he killed the NBA... respect Westbrick more now.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 03:21 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but when that friendship comes at the cost of competitiveness then there's a problem. Magic and Bird competed like crazy so that's a bad comparison.

When you add all those, you gotta admit, it does look pretty bad and it's perfectly reasonable to question the whole situation.
i don't think KD is "buddy buddy" with GS more than any other team. He got along with Iggy + Curry through church during the World's, and apparently had a friendship with Draymond, but I never saw/felt/heard any particular niceness between them.

Fun fact: Most PPG from KD versus any team in his history = GS.

As I said earlier, this is TMZ **** and people are just reaching at this point.

Vee-Rex
07-07-2016, 03:36 PM
i don't think KD is "buddy buddy" with GS more than any other team. He got along with Iggy + Curry through church during the World's, and apparently had a friendship with Draymond, but I never saw/felt/heard any particular niceness between them.

Fun fact: Most PPG from KD versus any team in his history = GS.

As I said earlier, this is TMZ **** and people are just reaching at this point.

Semantics...

The fact of the matter is - Durant's teammates felt some kinda way about his relationship with some of the Warriors' players, and it sounds like it was during the WCF.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Semantics...

The fact of the matter is - Durant's teammates felt some kinda way about his relationship with some of the Warriors' players, and it sounds like it was during the WCF.

It was during the WCF. They specifically mentioned that with Steven Adam's getting his nuts kicked and that only happened in the WCF.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 03:46 PM
It was during the WCF. They specifically mentioned that with Steven Adam's getting his nuts kicked and that only happened in the WCF.

Lol. K kids.

jerellh528
07-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Lol it's happening guys! KD is finally getting the hate guys like Lebron and Kobe endured. He's truly made it now

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Lol. K kids.

Back at it again with the insecurity!

mngopher35
07-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Lol it's happening guys! KD is finally getting the hate guys like Lebron and Kobe endured. He's truly made it now

Haha

cmellofan15
07-07-2016, 03:54 PM
iggy did the same thing to us, not surprising.

Dade County
07-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Sorry buddy. The heat are gonna suck for a while. Welcome to tank nation. You can join all of us Lakers Fans in getting your hopes up, only to realize that star players do not want to come be part of a rebuild.

Much like us Lakers Fans, you have your memories to hang on to, and your hopes of a better tomorrow. But that is all they are. I won't tell you, no way is Westbrook going there, because at least you can hope, right???

Lol

I'm good, Miami will have a good team (not a contender or anything like that) & the money to sign key free agents. Doesnt mean they will sign here, like you brought up.

But i do believe Pat can sale free agents on coming here. & we will have the cap space.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Draymond Green promised to not kick KD's nuts if he joined the Warriors?

MTL_123
07-07-2016, 04:26 PM
I thought Draymond only took Steven Adams balls. I guess he took KD's as well

Who knew :shrug:

Tony_Starks
07-07-2016, 04:26 PM

Almost. He's gotta have his Moms slandered and win a bunch of rings only for some of them not to count.

THEN he's made it!

Hawkeye15
07-07-2016, 04:40 PM

you mean he is more of a dick? versus a nice guy?

Hawkeye15
07-07-2016, 04:41 PM

he has a ways to go to catch Bron hate. Longggg ways

but this is funny, no doubt

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Almost. He's gotta have his Moms slandered and win a bunch of rings only for some of them not to count.

THEN he's made it!

Don't forget rape. You have to do that one too.

Tony_Starks
07-07-2016, 04:47 PM

More of a ruthless competitor that doesn't care what anybody thinks about him to the point of being an a-s shole that's either going to win you the game or cost you the game versus a guy that wants everybody's friend is sensitive to what people think of him and may or may not take over a game in crunch time when you need him most.

YAALREADYKNO
07-07-2016, 04:49 PM
😂😂😂 @ Durant trying to say it's the hardest road to a ring because he's out of his comfort zone

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 04:54 PM
All things aside, he seems happier here. Good for him in that regards.

Saddletramp
07-07-2016, 04:56 PM

First Iggy shared secrets a few years back then immediately signed with them now KD is all buddy, chokes hard being up 3-1 and then immediately runs over to them.

It's hard to defend any of this.

I used to like Durant and I never cared for Westbrook but after this week, it's totally reversed.

Saddletramp
07-07-2016, 05:02 PM
i thought draymond only took steven adams balls. I guess he took kd's as well

who knew :shrug:

post of the year

Saddletramp
07-07-2016, 05:14 PM
All things aside, he seems happier here. Good for him in that regards.

The comedian Sarah Silverman was just in ICU for five days and when she got out she saidwhen she woke up she had "the paralyzing fear that nothing matters Luckily, that was followed up by the motivating revelation that nothing matters."

I think that's where KD is at now. The pressure is off to be the man that delivers a title and now he can be relieved to just play it out.

Aust
07-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Royce Young @royceyoung

Durant says this is "the hardest road," not the easiest to a championship.

:laugh: Dude, just shut up

Scoots
07-07-2016, 06:14 PM

Damn ... I can't see I'm laughing so hard!

Scoots
07-07-2016, 06:26 PM
When they were playing AGAINST the Warriors in the WCF... That's much different than doing it years before.

Most people don't stop being friends with someone because of their professional context. If it was happening ON THE FLOOR then that's just the Warriors trolling the rest of the Thunder and that's f'n funny.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 06:32 PM

Magic and Bird are a great example of being friends and competing like crazy which was my point ... that it's possible.

KD played hard, but made a lot of mistakes ... but they were mistakes he made all year, not just against the Warriors.

Teammates not liking it doesn't mean much ... that happens all the time. Teammates don't like each other and don't like their teammates friends.

Steven Adams wasn't even mad about the first nut shot.

I understand the "going to battle" mode of sports ... but not everybody is wired that way. Apparently KD wants to "have fun" and "play with joy" ... and that difference is both a reason KD left and a reason he chose the Warriors.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Durant is shiet, he killed the NBA... respect Westbrick more now.

And when Westbrook leaves for somewhere else?

Scoots
07-07-2016, 06:37 PM

We'll see. Casual fans will stop talking about this in a week or so (until the Warriors go 33-0 to start the season). It will NEVER stop here though ... but PSD is not reality :)

Scoots
07-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Lol

I'm good, Miami will have a good team (not a contender or anything like that) & the money to sign key free agents. Doesnt mean they will sign here, like you brought up.

But i do believe Pat can sale free agents on coming here. & we will have the cap space.

The NBA should force Miami players to pay the average NBA income tax back into the league payroll :)

Scoots
07-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Don't forget rape. You have to do that one too.

Careful ... we'll get the Kobe protectors going in here.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 07:34 PM
This story is ****ing disgusting... 100 percent thought the same thing over the last few weeks and If I were the thunder players I am not sure how I would have dealt with that **** in the locker room

Lol Let me guess scoots and other warriors fans and lebron haters are excusing this and or saying its no big deal where everyone else is calling it for what it is right? Cant keep excusing this crap.... When there is Fire there is a ****ing fire people

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 07:37 PM

Stop. He would need this type of **** done to him for the next 12 years and it still wouldnt be close. I would love to know your input on what he did though good buddy? You HATED james for when he did it and this is worse... I know you love Durant so come on talk to me baby boy lol :love:

He did everything you hate about athletes didnt he? He bent over and will ride the coat tails of a 73 win team... That has to disgust you

tredigs
07-07-2016, 07:38 PM
This story is ****ing disgusting... 100 percent thought the same thing over the last few weeks and If I were the thunder players I am not sure how I would have dealt with that **** in the locker room

Lol Let me guess scoots and other warriors fans and lebron haters are excusing this and or saying its no big deal where everyone else is calling it for what it is right? Cant keep excusing this crap.... When there is Fire there is a ****ing fire people

On a scale of 1-10 how mad are you that Lebron will never win 5+ rings?

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 07:40 PM

Why do i care if he wins 5 plus rings? I didnt care if he won his 3rd outside of it shutting the haters up. 3 is more than enough to put him above everyone not named Jordan when you factor in his overall legacy.... What does this have to do with anything? How mad are you that the warriors didn't win their 2nd straight ship that you 100 percent promised they would? On a scale of 1-10 of course? :)

IBleedPurple
07-07-2016, 07:44 PM

First Iggy shared secrets a few years back then immediately signed with them now KD is all buddy, chokes hard being up 3-1 and then immediately runs over to them.

It's hard to defend any of this.

I used to like Durant and I never cared for Westbrook but after this week, it's totally reversed.Same for me.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Why do i care if he wins 5 plus rings? I didnt care if he won his 3rd outside of it shutting the haters up. 3 is more than enough to put him above everyone not named Jordan when you factor in his overall legacy.... What does this have to do with anything? How mad are you that the warriors didn't win their 2nd straight ship that you 100 percent promised they would? On a scale of 1-10 of course? :)

"Not Named Jordan". Dang. Didn't quite get there did he. Props on his gamesmanship on earning the 3rd. No other player could have created that suspension.

I'm not mad at all my friend. I'm a fan that grew up with one championship (Earthquake A's in '90) and followed this team through decades of peril. Now? They own the NBA. It's funny and amazing to see.

Lebron can set his sail to coast his way to the Finals all he wants (as he always has) from here on out, he'll never see another title.

AllBall
07-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Throw back to what?

Days when players weren't being buddy buddy with their opponents during a conference finals.

The NBA should force Miami players to pay the average NBA income tax back into the league payroll :)

So in this scenario, does Memphis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Orlando have to pay back too? :rolleyes:

tp13baby
07-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Durants move oh so reminds me of Iggy with Denver a few years back. I feel your pain.

The competitve drive of this generation of players and basketball is at an all time low. You can be friends, but it shouldn't take away from you wanting to beat the **** out of the other team.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Days when players weren't being buddy buddy with their opponents during a conference finals.

So in this scenario, does Memphis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Orlando have to pay back too? :rolleyes:
i'm so jealous of the texts and inside info you're privy to my dude~! Care to share? Do you have a price?

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 07:54 PM
"Not Named Jordan". Dang. Didn't quite get there did he. Props on his gamesmanship on earning the 3rd. No other player could have created that suspension.

I'm not mad at all my friend. I'm a fan that grew up with one championship (Earthquake A's in '90) and followed this team through decades of peril. Now? They own the NBA. It's funny and amazing to see.

Lebron can set his sail to coast his way to the Finals all he wants (as he always has) from here on out, he'll never see another title.

from here on out? Wasnt that the case last year as well? From you as well? Interesting how that works huh? Also I wonder what you consdering stiffer competition right now the East or West? The warriors will now have the easiest road any team might have ever had with basically dodging the spurs until the WCF.

For what its worth..You cant own the nba when you just blew a 3-1 lead with 2 of those games at home and the Unanimous mvp got baked over and over again.

Saddletramp
07-07-2016, 07:55 PM

"Not mad at all". LOL. You're so mad and that's why KD joining to "own the NBA" is "amazing". That last paragraph of yours proves it.

LOL, kid.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 07:57 PM

You kinda seem a bit enraged here.. Remember, you also said Warriors would win game 7 and were taking bets. Just let it go. If you win, congrats. LeBron has already cemented his legacy as a top five player in most people's view. Nothing will change that.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Wish I could send you kids a photo. Literally on a beach in Tahoe with a glass of Sierra Nevada in my hand; I'm loving this discourse. Not sure the Warriors have an easier road than what Lebron has faced in his entire tenure, but that remains to be seen. Cheers buddies -- >

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Wish I could send you kids a photo. Literally on a beach in Tahoe with a glass of Sierra Nevada in my hand; I'm loving this discourse. Not sure the Warriors have an easier road than what Lebron has faced in his entire tenure, but that remains to be seen. Cheers buddies -- >

At least you have good taste in alcohol.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 08:19 PM
At least you have good taste in alcohol.

With my beer rep who's a buddy of mine and his GF. Showed him this post and he had a good laugh.

Haha making people smile across the states MTM>

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 08:22 PM
With my beer rep who's a buddy of mine and his GF. Showed him this post and he had a good laugh.

:laugh: fantastic

MTL_123
07-07-2016, 08:33 PM

Yeah im sure its impossible, he only has 3 and 2 more is pretty much impossible for him because he's overrated and trash right :rolleyes:

Its kinda just like how impossible it would be for a team that is the greatest regular season team ever (73 wins), has the back to back MVP (1 being first unanimous), the team that has the best PG, SG and arguably best PF in most peoples eyes, the deepest team according to many people, and home court advantage in the finals............................................ ....... and choke a 3-1 lead??? :confused:

Oh wait :rolleyes:

Saddletramp
07-07-2016, 09:01 PM
When I was a dopey 19 year old with a couple of 19 year old buddies, we were told to get a sixer of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at the beer store. Having mostly drank Red Dog, Ice House, Bud Light and other cheap ****, we took a chance and bought some. It was too complex for our crappy teenage palates. It has since turned into one of my favorite beers.

Going to go to Santa Rosa/SF in a month and I'm debating on getting everyone to go to Sierra Nevada or stay more local and go to Lagunitas again. I guess it's a win/win.

You still salty, though. :)

lol, please
07-07-2016, 10:19 PM

This.

Except that you have no real good reason to. Not one.

lol, please
07-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Its all gonna come out now but I doubt it can get any worse for KD. Being labeled a cheat and non competitor are already a part of his DNA now.

A cheat and a non competitor? :laugh:

wow Chronz. You'd think this is the first time a FA superstar moved to a better team.

lol, please
07-07-2016, 10:24 PM
To me that sounds more like them just saying, "Hey KD your friend is a dick mate. Why do you hang out with him mate." (Well that's the Steven Adams version). Not that they were actually hanging out during the WCF's.

On a side note (and I've mentioned this prior), I know that Draymond was the main player beating the drum on the KD signing. I'm not convinced that it was something Curry was or is particularly thrilled about. Could mean nothing... could mean everything (Curry's a free agent this summer mind you).
Drop this line of thinking. I was listening to KNBR today and they were talking about how Curry was reaching out to him via text before and after the visit with the team and how Curry confirmed to Durant how everything spoken on was genuine and how well it was going to workout and how they were going to have a good time playing together and sharing the ball.

CURRY WANTED HIM HERE. I think that's what stings these haters the most.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Except that you have no real good reason to. Not one.

So let me get this right...

Him choking after being up 3-1 and leaving to the team he lost to and getting a free ride to a title while weakening the best competition he had

During the WCF while choking he was buddy buddy with the people who he was going up against and they were still trying to recruit them

Him talking **** when lebron went to the heat and in turn doing something far worse while speaking out of both sides of his ***

Him being ok with being a 4th option on any team as the 3rd best player in basketball

You said there is no reason to because he just joined your team... Stop its becoming a joke with a few of you now when you have PP and reggie miller and others saying how much of a joke this is and on down the list.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Drop this line of thinking. I was listening to KNBR today and they were talking about how Curry was reaching out to him via text before and after the visit with the team and how Curry confirmed to Durant how everything spoken on was genuine and how well it was going to workout and how they were going to have a good time playing together and sharing the ball.

CURRY WANTED HIM HERE. I think that's what stings these haters the most.

and this is something that is being overlooked and deserves hate as well... Curry and others were trying to recruit him because curry needs yet another player to carry him in the finals and get him those rings right? Damn right curry is probably all for it... When you honestly play as bad as he did at times on both ends of the floor and get exposed he was probably begging Durant to come because he no longer wanted to have to face 2 great teams in a thunder team and then a cavs team even though he has more help around him than anyone ever.

hamburger
07-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Yeah im sure its impossible, he only has 3 and 2 more is pretty much impossible for him because he's overrated and trash right :rolleyes:

Its kinda just like how impossible it would be for a team that is the greatest regular season team ever (73 wins), has the back to back MVP (1 being first unanimous), the team that has the best PG, SG and arguably best PF in most peoples eyes, the deepest team according to many people, and home court advantage in the finals............................................ ....... and choke a 3-1 lead??? :confused:

Oh wait :rolleyes:

After losing Green for a game and Bogut goes down with Barnes in a full on meltdown. Ya. Plus, the Warriors depended on 3's too much. When they were up 3-1 I was on this very site telling Cavs fans not to give up hope because the Warriors could very well go into a shooting slump. Then Green was suspended. Then Bogut went down making them extremely one dimensional. If Bogut and Green were in all 7 games and if the Warriors were well rested we win that series. Shooting slump or no shooting slump. (thanks Barnes). Barnes nose dive allowed the Cavs to leave him wide open and focus on Curry/Thomson. It worked. Barnes, Bogut and Green let the team down. Although that suspension was weak. Real weak.

Anyway, the weakest link has been replaced with the strongest link. I know that makes you angry. It makes a lot of people angry. It makes me feel very happy. Bogut and his never ending injuries are gone too. I'm very glad that Barnes and Bogut are gone. Ecstatic Durant is here. Cloud 9. It's a great feeling.

hamburger
07-07-2016, 10:49 PM
and this is something that is being overlooked and deserves hate as well... Curry and others were trying to recruit him because curry needs yet another player to carry him in the finals and get him those rings right? Damn right curry is probably all for it... When you honestly play as bad as he did at times on both ends of the floor and get exposed he was probably begging Durant to come because he no longer wanted to have to face 2 great teams in a thunder team and then a cavs team even though he has more help around him than anyone ever.

"Deserves hate"

LOL

hamburger
07-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Going to go ahead and leave the NBA forum alone, some real tacky trash being posted around here.

MTL_123
07-07-2016, 11:03 PM
After losing Green for a game and Bogut goes down with Barnes in a full on meltdown. Ya. Plus, the Warriors depended on 3's too much. When they were up 3-1 I was on this very site telling Cavs fans not to give up hope because the Warriors could very well go into a shooting slump. Then Green was suspended. Then Bogut went down making them extremely one dimensional. If Bogut and Green were in all 7 games and if the Warriors were well rested we win that series. Shooting slump or no shooting slump. (thanks Barnes). Barnes nose dive allowed the Cavs to leave him wide open and focus on Curry/Thomson. It worked. Barnes, Bogut and Green let the team down. Although that suspension was weak. Real weak.

Anyway, the weakest link has been replaced with the strongest link. I know that makes you angry. It makes a lot of people angry. It makes me feel very happy. Bogut and his never ending injuries are gone too. I'm very glad that Barnes and Bogut are gone. Ecstatic Durant is here. Cloud 9. It's a great feeling.

Well you can say that about almost every team

If lebron had a team last year in the finals Warriors wouldnt of won etc etc etc

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 11:14 PM

Lol yea because the same thing cant be said about love and several others slumping on the cavs and yadayadayada.... The excuses get old.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 11:15 PM

Going to go ahead and leave the NBA forum alone, some real tacky trash being posted around here.

Funny post after you basically post a one sided post about excuses.

DaBear
07-07-2016, 11:26 PM
Russ to Chicago 2017

KingJudah
07-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Westbrook is indeed the type of competitor you want. Ain't no buddy buddy ****.during no game and damn sure not during a series. Westbrook comes out the winner in all of this no matter where he plays

Scoots
07-08-2016, 01:05 AM
Westbrook is indeed the type of competitor you want. Ain't no buddy buddy ****.during no game and damn sure not during a series. Westbrook comes out the winner in all of this no matter where he plays

It's all about what it takes the individual to get up for the game. Some guys need to hate the opponent, some need to talk trash, some want to win the game regardless of the opponent. Different guys are different.

Using the current Warriors as an example:
Klay Thompson is all about doing well in his own eyes, he couldn't care less what other people think.
Draymond Green has to talk trash to people to set a standard for himself to overcome, but winning is all that matters to him. He doesn't have to hate the opponent.
Steph Curry is the baby faced assassin, he's having fun most when his team is winning, and if it's him going off that's doing it all the better.
Iguodala I can't figure out at all.
Livingston is just happy to play the game, he never really gets all that up or down.

It will be interesting learning about all the new guys, but clearly you can win games, a lot of games, without hating your opponent.

jerellh528
07-08-2016, 01:56 AM
Stop. He would need this type of **** done to him for the next 12 years and it still wouldnt be close. I would love to know your input on what he did though good buddy? You HATED james for when he did it and this is worse... I know you love Durant so come on talk to me baby boy lol :love:

He did everything you hate about athletes didnt he? He bent over and will ride the coat tails of a 73 win team... That has to disgust you

I like Durant about as much as you can be a fan of a player that's not on your own team, but you're right. KD made a terrible move for his legacy in my opinion. It was cowardly in my eyes. I just don't understand why he didn't stay in okc, they just got oladipo and Adams was turning into quite a force. Had KD stayed, I don't know if okc wouldn't have been my favorites to win the ring anyways. I'll never look at his rings truly how they would be viewed had he stayed in okc. I'm still a fan of durant's but he is becoming a prima Donna with his "not an 88$ player" comments and such. The things I've always liked so much about him and made him different than guys like Lebron are starting to dwindle. The crazy part is golden state did everything teams wish they could, and they did it the right way starting with their draft prowess. The team is largely home grown.

Saddletramp
07-08-2016, 02:28 AM

Leaving when things get too heated? That's called "Going Durant"..

More-Than-Most
07-08-2016, 02:42 AM
I like Durant about as much as you can be a fan of a player that's not on your own team, but you're right. KD made a terrible move for his legacy in my opinion. It was cowardly in my eyes. I just don't understand why he didn't stay in okc, they just got oladipo and Adams was turning into quite a force. Had KD stayed, I don't know if okc wouldn't have been my favorites to win the ring anyways. I'll never look at his rings truly how they would be viewed had he stayed in okc. I'm still a fan of durant's but he is becoming a prima Donna with his "not an 88$ player" comments and such. The things I've always liked so much about him and made him different than guys like Lebron are starting to dwindle. The crazy part is golden state did everything teams wish they could, and they did it the right way starting with their draft prowess. The team is largely home grown.

Oh I dont blame GS for this at all... Who wouldnt do this if they were them? They just not only got a top 4 player in basketball they took a top 4 player from their biggest threat in the process lol.

DboneG
07-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
More of a ruthless competitor that doesn't care what anybody thinks about him to the point of being an a-s shole that's either going to win you the game or cost you the game versus a guy that wants everybody's friend is sensitive to what people think of him and may or may not take over a game in crunch time when you need him most.

What does Steve Kerr, Jarron Collins, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, and Draymond Green have in common living in San Francisco?

They work for the same team......