PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Bulls trade Mike Dunleavy to Cavs/Calderon to Lakers to Clear Cap for Wade

NYKnickFanatic
07-06-2016, 11:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16842415/cleveland-cavaliers-acquire-mike-dunleavy-trade-chicago-bulls

Nice pick up for the Cavs.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Dunleavy gonna get a lot of open looks.

Vee-Rex
07-06-2016, 11:12 PM
I'll definitely take Dunleavy for a 2nd round pick. If he can stay healthy then he brings good 3point shooting and gritty defense.

Aust
07-06-2016, 11:26 PM
An expiring 7.7m guard vet to help the young guys and we're getting 2 second rounders? Ok. We now have a G, F and C vet to contribute and help the youth on all 3 levels. I like that.

shep33
07-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Good move for the Lakers and Cavs. Bulls got what they want too. Everyone wins in this trade.

MTL_123
07-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Good move for the Lakers and Cavs. Bulls got what they want too. Everyone wins in this trade.

everyone but us :crying::crying:

shep33
07-06-2016, 11:38 PM
everyone but us :crying::crying:

Yeah, I feel bad for ya'll. Rebuild time... but weird with Whiteside and Dragic. Like 8th seed out East.

MTL_123
07-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I feel bad for ya'll. Rebuild time... but weird with Whiteside and Dragic. Like 8th seed out East.

i hope we get rid of dragic now no point of keeping him

Teeboy1487
07-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Good move for the Lakers and Cavs. Bulls got what they want too. Everyone wins in this trade. Excellent trade for the Lakers.

- Calderon is a nice back PG to help mentor Russell and fits in the Luke Walton's new offense.
- Expiring contract
- Acquired multiple 2nd round picks

Wish the Lakers would make more deals like these.

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2016, 11:47 PM
The Cavs get yet another good role player for basically nothing again lol Cavs vs Warriors III already set in stone.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Biggest winner from this whole saga is Dunleavy.

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2016, 11:49 PM
i hope we get rid of dragic now no point of keeping him

We'll trade you Nick Young for him ;)

MTL_123
07-06-2016, 11:53 PM
We'll trade you Nick Young for him ;)

sorry only would have if iggy azalea was coming but
russell f-ed that up by being a huge snitch lol

GREATNESS ONE
07-07-2016, 12:01 AM
Somewhere on the planet HellCrooner is hella Happy!!!!

lakerfan85
07-07-2016, 12:07 AM

Haha.. No doubt..

breakbad
07-07-2016, 12:08 AM
What about Bosh? Whiteside, Bosh and Dragic is still a pretty legit big three. With Winslow who I think is gonna be a beast. Y'all are gonna be okay. haha

kobe4thewinbang
07-07-2016, 12:09 AM
What was the motivation for LAL?

Calderon plays zero defense and has been crappy for years now. D'Lo don't need a mentor, not for that salary.

breakbad
07-07-2016, 12:13 AM
The motivation is he's a sniper, great passer and Coach on the floor-ish, and we need as many picks as we can get, AND we need to reserve Cap for next year because we can't be the dumbest team of all time and not have the cap JUST INCASE Westbrook does wanna come, but we have to use most of the cap so we NEED expiring contracts, and his is an okay sized one, so YAY, it's all wins.

BKLYNpigeon
07-07-2016, 12:15 AM
Good pick up, might be the Cavs best player off the bench lol.

Aust
07-07-2016, 12:24 AM
sorry only would have if iggy azalea was coming but
russell f-ed that up by being a huge snitch lol

That wasn't even the reason they broke up. She caught him on their home security cam bringing girls in when she wasn't around and he got one or two ex's pregnant.

LA_Raiders
07-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Why helping the Cavs? I'm sure he could have been traded to the west.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2016, 12:49 AM

Lmao that was his boi :laugh:

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2016, 12:52 AM

It's the NBA's obligation to give LeBron the most help he can get since it's never enough for him and oh I wouldn't be shocked if Ray Allen signed with the Cavs too :facepalm:

BKLYNpigeon
07-07-2016, 01:11 AM
The Cavs lost some key rotation players.

JR Smith
Delladova
Mozgov

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 01:14 AM
It's the NBA's obligation to give LeBron the most help he can get since it's never enough for him and oh I wouldn't be shocked if Ray Allen signed with the Cavs too :facepalm:

Yeah! The great Mike Dunleavy Jr. and a 41 year old Ray Allen is evidence the NBA is helping LeBron. :facepalm:

Vee-Rex
07-07-2016, 01:15 AM

JR Smith
Delladova
Mozgov

Cavs didn't lose JR, and Mozgov is hardly a key rotation player. Delly played well in the RS (in the 1st half anyway) but sucked terribly in the playoffs. Not to mention we had a logjam at that position with Mo anyway, so I think we're fine.

If we lose JR then that'll be the only true blow to us in the offseason, but that has yet to happen.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Cavs didn't lose JR, and Mozgov is hardly a key rotation player. Delly played well in the RS (in the 1st half anyway) but sucked terribly in the playoffs. Not to mention we had a logjam at that position with Mo anyway, so I think we're fine.

If we lose JR then that'll be the only true blow to us in the offseason, but that has yet to happen.

Well, you actually did lose J.R. He's a free agent, not restricted. There's not much about that going on so it's kinda weird nothing has happened.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2016, 03:16 AM
Yeah! The great Mike Dunleavy Jr. and a 41 year old Ray Allen is evidence the NBA is helping LeBron. :facepalm:

Ray can still shoot and he doesn't need to even do anything else, he can come into a game and still shoot a game winner. And Dunleavy is still a very good role player.

MarkieMark48
07-07-2016, 08:14 AM

:laugh: I mean its pointless with these people

NYKnickFanatic
07-07-2016, 08:41 AM

JR Smith
Delladova
Mozgov

1. They will still re-sign JR.
2. Delly had fallen out of the rotation as of late.
3. Mozgov really didn't get much burn.

IndyRealist
07-07-2016, 09:52 AM

This. Why would you trade him in division to the champions?

GoferKing_
07-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Ray can still shoot and he doesn't need to even do anything else, he can come into a game and still shoot a game winner. And Dunleavy is still a very good role player.

How do you know that?

Tony_Starks
07-07-2016, 10:34 AM
I like Calderon as a solid mentore for Russell. Just a all around steady pg, plus we didn't give up anything and we got picks.

Decent move.

DR_1
07-07-2016, 12:11 PM
WHY ARE THE BULLS GIVING UP PICKS!? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrpaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxx!!!!!!! !!!!

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 12:19 PM

Yes, Ray Allen can still shoot.. in his backyard. He can't play defense (unless you think Cleveland can keep calling T/O's to sub him in-and-out on the offensive/defensive end of the floor) and he's 41... That's VERY old for a player today in which there are dynamic guards exploding.

AS for Dunleavy, he's a frickin good role player. That's all. NBA is filled with good role players...

MarkieMark48
07-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Yes, Ray Allen can still shoot.. in his backyard. He can't play defense (unless you think Cleveland can keep calling T/O's to sub him in-and-out on the offensive/defensive end of the floor) and he's 41... That's VERY old for a player today in which there are dynamic guards exploding.

AS for Dunleavy, he's a frickin good role player. That's all. NBA is filled with good role players...

maybe since the NBA is going to change the rule so you cant hack-a-whoever bc of their poor free throw shooting, maybe put in a rule for players that are poor at defense that they can just sub in a guy off the bench during play? Kinda like line changes in Hockey

Aust
07-07-2016, 04:23 PM
WHY ARE THE BULLS GIVING UP PICKS!? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrpaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxx!!!!!!! !!!!

Nobody must've wanted him. Not even for 1 second rounder.

Confusious
07-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Lol, thanks Chicago.

More-Than-Most
07-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Why is dunleavy a good pickup? Asking honestly... I know he has a 3 point shot but does he do anything else?

IKnowHoops
07-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Why is dunleavy a good pickup? Asking honestly... I know he has a 3 point shot but does he do anything else?

Excuse for when Lebron turns Dunleavy into GOAT

More-Than-Most
07-08-2016, 01:04 AM
Excuse for when Lebron turns Dunleavy into GOAT

Nope just have never cared about him at all and am looking at a dude that scored 7 ppg last season on 41 percent shooting and 39 percent from the 3.... So what does he do besides shoot a 3? Oh yea and hes 35 :shrug:

I doubt even lebron can make him worth a damn... Seems like its more to help the bulls than anything... Does this dude even defend?

IKnowHoops
07-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Nope just have never cared about him at all and am looking at a dude that scored 7 ppg last season on 41 percent shooting and 39 percent from the 3.... So what does he do besides shoot a 3? Oh yea and hes 35 :shrug:

I doubt even lebron can make him worth a damn... Seems like its more to help the bulls than anything... Does this dude even defend?

Yeah, I was just saying everyone else is calling him a great player so that whe he does have good game, people can say Bron needs all these "great" players around him

Vee-Rex
07-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Dunleavy, when healthy, is also known as a pesky, gritty defender. He's decent on defense.

He's a good role-player and projects to do well for a team that can get him a ton of open looks.

Scoots
07-08-2016, 01:04 PM
It's a good thing the Bulls didn't need any shooting :)

FlashBolt
07-09-2016, 03:31 AM
Mike Dunleavy is a smart player who can occasionally create plays. He's a very clever player and that usually puts him in a good position to defend players because his smarts make up for his lack of athleticism and old age. He's still a great shooter (which LeBron loves playing with) and carries zero baggage on him. Will fit great. If he can knock a few threes per game, play 10-15 minutes, put some gritty defense, job accomplished. oh yeah, and he's tough as nails. Don't let his body and look fool you, dude will take charges, play a bit dirty, and doesn't mind getting hurt.

ewing
07-09-2016, 07:49 AM

Mike D is super versatile on O, he is a smart player, with length, a sweet J, good ball handling skills, a good passer, he is very good pick up for Clev.

ewing
07-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Mike Dunleavy is a smart player who can occasionally create plays. He's a very clever player and that usually puts him in a good position to defend players because his smarts make up for his lack of athleticism and old age. He's still a great shooter (which LeBron loves playing with) and carries zero baggage on him. Will fit great. If he can knock a few threes per game, play 10-15 minutes, put some gritty defense, job accomplished. oh yeah, and he's tough as nails. Don't let his body and look fool you, dude will take charges, play a bit dirty, and doesn't mind getting hurt.

this but don't tell that to LeBron fans. they only care about superstars. that's why they follow a player and not a team. it makes sense. Mike D is a nice pick up. He isn't a game changer. To most fans that just follow superstars that makes him a scrub.

Chronz
07-09-2016, 09:23 AM
All the players involved are nearing that age where they can just become unplayable for their respective teams. Maybe thats the point for LA tho