PDA

View Full Version : Nene agrees to a deal with Houston

leprechaun5
07-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Free agent center Nene has agreed to a deal with Houston, sources tell @TheVertical.

Scoots
07-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Good pickup ... Last few games I saw him in his D was ... not good ... am I mistaken?

RLundi
07-06-2016, 02:28 PM
This is a great get for Houston. Nene had kinda slipped defensively and just generally showed less enthusiasm for basketball sporadically last season so I assume Houston got him on get cheap. If he can be rejuvenated playing in a playoff race, this is a good signing for the Rockets as the starting center (depending on what they want to do with Capela).

I'd be interested in the dollar amount though.

Chronz
07-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Wasn't he contemplating retirement? Dude looked like he was sapped of all energy last year.

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 02:38 PM
33 year old center who is injury prone and continues getting worse/worse. No risk but don't expect anything from the guy. He's got hustle but he'll miss 20 games easily.

leprechaun5
07-06-2016, 02:40 PM
This is a great get for Houston. Nene had kinda slipped defensively and just generally showed less enthusiasm for basketball sporadically last season so I assume Houston got him on get cheap. If he can be rejuvenated playing in a playoff race, this is a good signing for the Rockets as the starting center (depending on what they want to do with Capela).

I'd be interested in the dollar amount though.

1 year 2.9M.

europagnpilgrim
07-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Decent pick up for the cheap, Houston will score a lot and give up a lot of points that's for sure but I feel he was picked up for his pick and roll ability and veteran presence to be a teacher to Capela, during his Nugget days pre injury he was real nice and played a physical style

side note: I think G Payton son is a baby version of DWade, physicality/size wise that is, he is explosive and may turn out to be a gem in that run and gun fun style of offense

sep11ie
07-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Decent pick up for the cheap, Houston will score a lot and give up a lot of points that's for sure but I feel he was picked up for his pick and roll ability and veteran presence to be a teacher to Capela, during his Nugget days pre injury he was real nice and played a physical style

side note: I think G Payton son is a baby version of DWade, physicality/size wise that is, he is explosive and may turn out to be a gem in that run and gun fun style of offense

I'm thinking that is why they haven't picked up a back up PG yet.

AllBall
07-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Good pickup, I think he can make a comeback

lol, please
07-08-2016, 02:13 AM

Good post.

I like Capella and hope he does well in his career.