PDA

View Full Version : Where would be the best place for Lebron too go?

Ty Fast
07-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Ok, I know he isnt gonna leave but for fun lets just say he was open to leavig and he was willing to take the leauge min. Where do you think the best place for him to sign? Does he go to Golden State and try to go 82-0? Maybe he goes to SA and becomes the staring PG. Or maybe he goes to OKC and tries to do what KD couldnt do and bring a title to OKC. Maybe the Clippers or Knicks to play wih his friends. Where would be the best place for him to sign?

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Easiest place to win: Warriors
Best place for his image: Cavs
Best place to make his money: Cavs
I will say this, I think if the plan of Melo+Wade+James+CP3 was truly considered, NYK missed their chance. They shouldn't have signed Noah and Lee and then try to get James+Wade. Rose's contract is gone next season so they could have gotten CP3 too.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2016, 01:22 PM
the 96' Bulls

lakerfan85
07-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Pacers.. Lebron and PG 13..

Chronz
07-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Definitely the Warriors. They have the best team, a great city and Bron is all about winning+beaches. Just take the minimum and bring KD off the bench. Nobody would care because reasons.

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Definitely the Warriors. They have the best team, a great city and Bron is all about winning+beaches. Just take the minimum and bring KD off the bench. Nobody would care because reasons.

This :laugh2:

I would LOVE to see Bron on that Clippers team.

CP3
JJ
Bron
Griffin
Jordan

Another interesting one would be the T'Wolves.

Dunn
Wiggins
Bron
Towns
Aldrich

Would love to see what he would do with that youth.

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 01:55 PM
This :laugh2:

I would LOVE to see Bron on that Clippers team.

CP3
JJ
Bron
Griffin
Jordan

Another interesting one would be the T'Wolves.

Dunn
Wiggins
Bron
Towns
Aldrich

Would love to see what he would do with that youth.

I don't think you want LeBron on a rebuilding team. He'll trade them away.

Scoots
07-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Retirement.

BoSox47
07-06-2016, 02:41 PM
It would never happen, but celtics.

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2016, 03:06 PM
I don't think you want LeBron on a rebuilding team. He'll trade them away.

So be it.

Dunn & LaVine for Westbrook
Wiggins & Rubio for Anthony Davis

PG: Westbrook
SG: who ****ing cares
SF: LeBron
PF: AD
C: Towns

Tony_Starks
07-06-2016, 03:08 PM
That Superteaming stuff is played out now. Bron pioneered it but KD bit his style. Now he has to come up with a new trend.

I think he'll start traveling league helping guys that never won get a ring. One star at a time. Starting with the hapless Dwight (needs the most help), then next year Melo, then finally CP3.

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 03:11 PM
So be it.

Dunn & LaVine for Westbrook
Wiggins & Rubio for Anthony Davis

PG: Westbrook
SG: who ****ing cares
SF: LeBron
PF: AD
C: Towns

If that happens.... expect KD to change his mind about going to the Warriors and try to call Westbrook/LeBron up for a tea party..

HandsOnTheWheel
07-06-2016, 03:12 PM
The 1956-1969 Boston Celtics.

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't it be amazing if LeBron just retired and played for the Cleveland Browns? At this point, if he wins a superbowl for them, that would be better than anything he does in the NBA now.

Chronz
07-06-2016, 03:15 PM
That Superteaming stuff is played out now. Bron pioneered it but KD bit his style. Now he has to come up with a new trend.

I think he'll start traveling league helping guys that never won get a ring. One star at a time. Starting with the hapless Dwight (needs the most help), then next year Melo, then finally CP3.
Pretty sure Bron did it in response to the Celtics and namely, KG who was under contract with Minny but still deciding where to play. IIRC the Lakers were trying to recruit him but he didn't like the circus that was going on with Kobes trade requests.

It was down to Phoenix at the peak of their powers or the Celtics who just acquired Ray Allen.

mngopher35
07-06-2016, 04:10 PM

Superteaming stuff? There have been extremely talented teams who run the league for a long long time. What Lebron and co did differently is use free agency to make their own team of similar talent to try and take down the others at the time since theirs were so bad at the time. Rondo/Pierce/Allen/KG and Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Odom so it wasn't like without Lebron this was going to be some team winning the title. He had Mo Williams as his next best if he stayed in Cle. How they did it by joining as players instead of having the organization build it was the major difference. In that sense what GS did is not the same.

You can't compare what Durant just did to that though he took a completely different route. He didn't just join with other talent to take on the top dogs (GS+Cle, even though Spurs/OKC were similar). He actually joined the title favorite who had already won without him.

Durant left a team with Westbrook on it (only team with two top 5 players)
Durant joined a team who's core had won a championship together already
Durant joined a team who the year before set the all time rs record at 73
Durant joined a team he had a 3-1 lead against last playoffs but in part due to his play couldn't finish off (this is the actual sign of can't beat em join em)
Durant joined a team that was already the favorite to win without him
Durant joined a team lead by someone better, a back to back and first unanimous MVP just entering his peak

I get why you want to justify this by simply calling it the same thing and that Lebron started it but in reality this is what everyone has been trying to complain about with him for years. This just puts what Lebron did in clear context via comparison, it wasn't nearly this bad from a competition/coward/whatever level. It was made out to be by some, yourself at times included, but now that Durant has actually done it we should play it off like it is not a big deal...

hugepatsfan
07-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure Bron did it in response to the Celtics and namely, KG who was under contract with Minny but still deciding where to play. IIRC the Lakers were trying to recruit him but he didn't like the circus that was going on with Kobes trade requests.

It was down to Phoenix at the peak of their powers or the Celtics who just acquired Ray Allen.

As I recall it he would go to LA. I believe at first he wanted to go to LA or PHX. CHI and BOS also wanted him, but he had no interest in either spot. BOS and MIN agreed on basically what they ended up giving for KG plus what they gave up for Ray Allen. But since KG wouldn't sign an extension there BOS wouldn't do it. At the same time Pierce was demanding BOS make a move for a star so they settled for Ray, which was actually a bad trade for BOS on face value. But once they got Ray, now they were on KG's list of teams he'd extend with.

MIN prioritized the centerpiece and wanted one of the 3 players: Bynum, Stoudemire, Al Jeff. They weren't interested in the quantity over quality package CHI was offering so even if he would sign there it was moot. LAL wouldn't give up Bynum and even if they did BOS had better extras to package with Al Jeff even after executing the Ray Allen trade. Remember, Al was coming off a double/double season at 20 so he was arguably the #1 trade chip in the whole NBA at that time. PHX wasn't giving up the already developed Stoudemire.

People say BOS robbed MIN for KG but that's not entirely true. KG took away all their leverage by having only one year left. He wasn't going to sign an extension just to help MIN get a better return. They had 3 candidates to trade him to or lose him for nothing. And BOS offered them what was easily the best package available to them. MIN robbed themselves of the chance to get back greater value for him. They should have had the foresight to deal him a year or two earlier when he'd have multiple years left and they wouldn't be limited in who they could deal him to.

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Tony_Starks knows it's not the same thing.. he just wants to again, side the opposite to anything that makes LeBron look more favorable. I guess he would have no problem with Kobe joining the Celtics after 2008.

Chronz
07-06-2016, 04:21 PM
As I recall it he would go to LA. I believe at first he wanted to go to LA or PHX. CHI and BOS also wanted him, but he had no interest in either spot. BOS and MIN agreed on basically what they ended up giving for KG plus what they gave up for Ray Allen. But since KG wouldn't sign an extension there BOS wouldn't do it. At the same time Pierce was demanding BOS make a move for a star so they settled for Ray, which was actually a bad trade for BOS on face value. But once they got Ray, now they were on KG's list of teams he'd extend with.

MIN prioritized the centerpiece and wanted one of the 3 players: Bynum, Stoudemire, Al Jeff. They weren't interested in the quantity over quality package CHI was offering so even if he would sign there it was moot. LAL wouldn't give up Bynum and even if they did BOS had better extras to package with Al Jeff even after executing the Ray Allen trade. Remember, Al was coming off a double/double season at 20 so he was arguably the #1 trade chip in the whole NBA at that time. PHX wasn't giving up the already developed Stoudemire.

People say BOS robbed MIN for KG but that's not entirely true. KG took away all their leverage by having only one year left. He wasn't going to sign an extension just to help MIN get a better return. They had 3 candidates to trade him to or lose him for nothing. And BOS offered them what was easily the best package available to them. MIN robbed themselves of the chance to get back greater value for him. They should have had the foresight to deal him a year or two earlier when he'd have multiple years left and they wouldn't be limited in who they could deal him to.
Nah man. I remember pretty clearly he found LA a dysfunctional mess. Bill Simmons even covered it in his book. I'll look for the exact sources tho

Tony_Starks
07-06-2016, 04:49 PM
KG wasn't messing with LA. Lakers would've been stupid enough to give up Bynum and LO for him anyway and once he got with Kobe I'm sure them both being the same kindof competitors they could've worked it out, but it wasn't his preference.

Then the Boston deal from his partner in crime came along and the rest is history....

Chronz
07-06-2016, 05:36 PM
"I was pretty close, to be honest," Garnett said recently. "What disturbed me about the whole Lakers situation was Kobe [Bryant] and Phil [Jackson] at the time. They were at each other pretty bad, and it was a new situation I didn't want to get into...It was my choice, yeah. There was a lot going on and I didn't want to be a part of it."
-KG

All I could find with a quick search. The deal would've been Odom+Bynum but then they could have called up Marc Gasol to grow with KG and Kobe or made the Kwame Brown robbery, unless the Celtics wound up trading for Gasol instead. Which is actually what Bill Simmons writes about in the crazy what ifs section.