PDA

View Full Version : Diaw traded to the Jazz to sign Pau Gasol

minato_17
07-05-2016, 04:52 PM
San Antonio has traded forward Boris Diaw to the Utah Jazz, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Jazz sending rights to 2015 second-round pick Olivier Hanlan, who played overseas last year. Deal allows the Spurs space to sign Pau Gasol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kobe4thewinbang
07-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Sucks cuz him and Parker are best buds. But I'm sure Diaw understands. He has moments every now and again but it had to be done. Gasol > Diaw, obviously. Frankly he can probably help the Jazz with some veteran knowledge and championship experience. If they keep him.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 05:12 PM
It had to be done. Diaw had a rough season and Gasol makes this team better. Good for Spurs.

J_M_B
07-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Gotta like what the Jazz are doing, surrounding their young core with some solid vets in Hill, Johnson and now Diaw ... using their cap space wisely too

Really underrated off season for them

tredigs
07-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Pop making the right moves to take down the new evil-empire.

kdspurman
07-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Boris knew ahead of time if the Spurs got Gasol he would be moved. He gave the Spurs 5 teams he would like to be moved to. I would guess Utah is one, they have a nice team there, (Gobert is there of course another french connection), and they have good coaching.

I'll miss Boris though man. He was huge (no pun intended) in our 2014 run against OKC and the Heat. Glad he was able to get a ring during his time here.

minato_17
07-05-2016, 05:33 PM
I love Diaw's passing game. He and Parker torched the Philippine team with their dynamics in the FIBA Olympic Qualifier in Manila last night.

Pau is a better player tho. But the question is, will this be the end of Duncan's career?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Boris knew ahead of time if the Spurs got Gasol he would be moved. He gave the Spurs 5 teams he would like to be moved to. I would guess Utah is one, they have a nice team there, (Gobert is there of course another french connection), and they have good coaching.

I'll miss Boris though man. He was huge (no pun intended) in our 2014 run against OKC and the Heat. Glad he was able to get a ring during his time here.

Nothing but class from Spurs... amazing.

kdspurman
07-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Nothing but class from Spurs... amazing.

Yea, seeing that stuff is kind of refreshing vs a lot of stuff some teams/players do. They try and take care of their guys wherever realistically possible