Avenged
07-05-2016, 04:37 PM
This guys chasing that ring hard lol

Monta is beast
07-05-2016, 04:37 PM
lol

Chronz
07-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Meh. He's really not that good any more. Would've liked to see him go to a team like the Clips but yeah GS is fixing their depth issues. I see them winning 30 in a row at some point and it won't really require much effort tbh. They are going to bamboozle the L.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Summer of 2010 all over again.

kdspurman
07-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Meh. He's really not that good any more. Would've liked to see him go to a team like the Clips but yeah GS is fixing their depth issues. I see them winning 30 in a row at some point and it won't really require much effort tbh. They are going to bamboozle the L.

He had a bad series against OKC, (most our bigs did) but all year he was solid for us. I think he's got more left than people realize. In terms of what he'll be asked to do, he'll fit in just fine there.

sf-fanatic
07-05-2016, 04:40 PM
I'd like to see the Warriors pickup a project player like Anthony Bennett. Maybe if you surround him with the right people he will develop. Still young and intriguing.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Can't complain about the price at all, too. Cleveland was going after him to replace Mosgov I guess. He plays tough so he fits.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 04:42 PM
I'd like to see the Warriors pickup a project player like Anthony Bennett. Maybe if you surround him with the right people he will develop. Still young and intriguing.

Aren't they struggling to find cap space? It's going to be tough finding players but man, what do I know.. jerry fcking west.

Monta is beast
07-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Curry//Livingston
Thompson//FA//Mcaaw
Durant//Iguodala//Mcaaw
Green//West//Looney
Pachulia//FA//Jones

Bench starting to look nice

Monta is beast
07-05-2016, 04:44 PM
I think we might win 80 games lol

Tony_Starks
07-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Straight mercenary.

Nice pickup though.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 04:46 PM
And they are looking for Mario Chalmers/Ray Allen/Kendrick Perkins... All LeBron faves lol.

Tony_Starks
07-05-2016, 04:47 PM
They can have Sawggy P while they are at it!

Lol

Monta is beast
07-05-2016, 04:49 PM
I still want Jermaine O'Neal and Jarret Jack

BKLYNpigeon
07-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Pass on Jarrett jack. He's coming off an acl mcl tear.

Monta is beast
07-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Triple shot of jack

Monta is beast
07-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Just so i can hear that again. Dude was a really good warriors as was J.O

tredigs
07-05-2016, 04:56 PM
He had a bad series against OKC, (most our bigs did) but all year he was solid for us. I think he's got more left than people realize. In terms of what he'll be asked to do, he'll fit in just fine there.

Didn't watch the Spurs much until the 2nd half of the season + playoffs, but I thought he looked very solid as well. Just checking his per-36 + advanced numbers and they are strong:

14/8/4 per-36 on 54.5% FG and 79% FT. 4th among PF's in DRPM, .184 WS/48. Those are solid.

Definitely helps the depth issue and with their rookie young-Ezeli, they should be fine at C. They're not going to get a true rim protector, but the size of Zaza + West will definitely help against San Antonio if they face each other.

Scariest team on paper I've ever seen to be honest.

tredigs
07-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Side note of these bigs replacing Bogut/Ezeli + KD is that this team is going to be one of - if not the - best foul shooting team in the NBA. It was a bit of an issue for them the past couple years. Knowing you both can't over-commit on Curry any longer and essentially can't foul anyone on the floor is going to make them an absolute nightmare to defend. Effectively impossible. Just have to hope they miss.

naps
07-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Crazy how they picked up Zaza and David West so quickly after letting Bogut go. Zaza could have gotten a LOT more than room minimum. I think he is trying play on the best team and raise his stock up for his next contract.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 05:03 PM
As it stands:

Green
Iguodala
Durant
Curry
Thompson
Livingston
West
Zaza

My God... Maybe losing in the Finals was the best thing that happened to the Warriors.

likemystylez
07-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Crazy how they picked up Zaza and David West so quickly after letting Bogut go. Zaza could have gotten a LOT more than room minimum. I think he is trying play on the best team and raise his stock up for his next contract.

actually a pretty sound strategy to cash in on the second spike and win a ring at the same time. we need a few more in that boat to joing golden state.

whats getting ridiculous is their bench might even get better than it was last year

aman_13
07-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Woukdnt it have been better to go after Scola?

nycericanguy
07-05-2016, 05:32 PM
This dude needs to just play 2k16 and win a championship on there...lol

is he just going to hop on the best team every year trying to get a ring?

tredigs
07-05-2016, 05:32 PM
actually a pretty sound strategy to cash in on the second spike and win a ring at the same time. we need a few more in that boat to joing golden state.

whats getting ridiculous is their bench might even get better than it was last year

It's better. I bet Barbosa re-signs on the vet min which means it's effectively the same but with D. West instead of Speights.

Livingston/Barbosa/Iguodala/D. West (your 9 man playoff rotation along with Curry/Klay/KD/Draymond/Zaza).

THE MTL
07-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Ring chasing hard. Does it really even count...riding coattails for a ring just to say you have one.

IndyRealist
07-05-2016, 05:54 PM

Nah. Project players would get zero playing time for a team like that, gunning for complete home court advantage and a title. Stocking up on still productive vets willing to take the minimum is a good bet.

MTL_123
07-05-2016, 05:55 PM
David West is going to go 0-2 in the ring chasing business lol

IndyRealist
07-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Woukdnt it have been better to go after Scola?

Scola is an atrocious defender. Still an excellent post scorer and can stretch the floor, but if you want to shore up your paint defense, you pass on him.

likemystylez
07-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Ring chasing hard. Does it really even count...riding coattails for a ring just to say you have one.

and yet nobody is blasting david west like they did durant

kdspurman
07-05-2016, 06:08 PM

completely different situations lol

aman_13
07-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Scola is an atrocious defender. Still an excellent post scorer and can stretch the floor, but if you want to shore up your paint defense, you pass on him.

Yeah I agree. I brought up his name because I think he brings more offensively and West probably isn't much better defensively.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 06:13 PM

Is David West a top three player/MVP/4x Scoring champion/Instant All-Star/All-NBA Team selection??

sf-fanatic
07-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Warriors should bring back Baron Davis. Oracle arena would explode with Curry and Bdiddy on the floor together lol

hugepatsfan
07-05-2016, 06:21 PM

Maybe the most oblivious post I've ever seen on PSD lol

sf-fanatic
07-05-2016, 06:23 PM

David West is a coward and his legacy is ruined

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 06:26 PM
David West joining the Warriors is as irrelevant as you joining the Warriors... who cares? He's a good role player, that's it.

Chronz
07-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Right, because the balance of power weighed heavily with his decision

valade16
07-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Guys, there's a lot riding on the line for David West. If he gets a ring, he may enter the "Top 30 PFs of all-time" discussion.

effen5
07-05-2016, 07:52 PM
I honestly think the warriors won't win 70 games this year. They are going to be PHENOMENAL but they won't give 2 ***** about the regular season. You'll see a lot more players resting more than ever...

I think they were so mentally drained from the regular season then the 7 game series with the Thunder that they won't put too much effort into the regular season.

I do think they will ****ing destroy everyone in the playoffs though.

effen5
07-05-2016, 07:52 PM
David West joining the Warriors is as irrelevant as you joining the Warriors... who cares? He's a good role player, that's it.

So role players are irrelevant. Got it.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 07:54 PM
So role players are irrelevant. Got it.

Let me know when someone brings up Stacey King in an All-Time NBA ranking.

effen5
07-05-2016, 07:57 PM

Role players are irrelevant. GOT IT.

tredigs
07-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Its actually very important to have D West. He's a very solid backup big (that they desperately need) who will give them 10-20 minutes a night and be a playoff rotation player on the fringes. A team with Livingston+Iggy+D.West complementing 2 elite starters will simply out perform every other bench. And that will make a major difference over the course of a season.

kdspurman
07-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Didn't watch the Spurs much until the 2nd half of the season + playoffs, but I thought he looked very solid as well. Just checking his per-36 + advanced numbers and they are strong:

14/8/4 per-36 on 54.5% FG and 79% FT. 4th among PF's in DRPM, .184 WS/48. Those are solid.

Definitely helps the depth issue and with their rookie young-Ezeli, they should be fine at C. They're not going to get a true rim protector, but the size of Zaza + West will definitely help against San Antonio if they face each other.

Scariest team on paper I've ever seen to be honest.

He will definitely be serviceable. We just lacked a real center and he was asked to step in and play out if his natural position.

Definitely a scary team. It'll be fun to watch them.. It's kind of exciting, as a fan of a rival team, to see how the match up could go. Right now though I'm still trying to come to terms with TD possibly hanging them up, so all this movement really isn't doing much for me lol

COOLbeans
07-05-2016, 08:25 PM
It's amazing how fans from opposing teams are poopooing the Durant signing because of a supposed shift in the "balance of power". LOL the Warriors were already dominating the league so there was no shift.

The Warriors prepared for this so instead of being bitter about the West, Pachulia and Durant signings lol just write a letter to your organization (or your Congressman) to express your discontent and maybe your team will be better prepared to make these kinds of moves next time.

FlashBolt
07-05-2016, 08:29 PM
It's amazing how fans from opposing teams are poopooing the Durant signing because of a supposed shift in the "balance of power". LOL the Warriors were already dominating the league so there was no shift.

The Warriors prepared for this so instead of being bitter about the West, Pachulia and Durant signings lol just write a letter to your organization (or your Congressman) to express your discontent and maybe your team will be better prepared to make these kinds of moves next time.

The shift moves farther apart... and you precisely proved our point about KD going to a team that is already dominating the league without him. Also, find a single person saying Warriors SHOULDN'T have went after KD.. They have every right to and congrats to them for getting the prize. But as for KD, ***** move.

IndyRealist
07-05-2016, 08:42 PM
He will definitely be serviceable. We just lacked a real center and he was asked to step in and play out if his natural position.

Definitely a scary team. It'll be fun to watch them.. It's kind of exciting, as a fan of a rival team, to see how the match up could go. Right now though I'm still trying to come to terms with TD possibly hanging them up, so all this movement really isn't doing much for me lol

West is essentially a center now. His knees are shot and he has no lateral movement, but he's still freakishly strong.

tredigs
07-05-2016, 08:46 PM
We sorta had the poor mans D West in Mo Speights, so it's a nice natural transition/upgrade.

kdspurman
07-05-2016, 08:57 PM
West is essentially a center now. His knees are shot and he has no lateral movement, but he's still freakishly strong.

Yea, some matchups are just not ideal for him though. But that mid range shot is still money

SfgiantsJD3
07-05-2016, 09:02 PM

The Warriors got better, part of it is because of management, coaching and team play, part of it because of Nike, part of it because OKC got squeezed by the CBA.

This you can make non binding deals but nothing can happen until Wednesday night system sucks, other than Barnes who were the Warriors going to get to improve if KD fell through?
They have addressed all their weaknesses without giving up anything but a few blocks from the 5.

As a GSW fan I love the move but the system needs to be fixed, OKC basically should have had 1 or 2 players that they could sign if KD left, we won't know what their plans were or how serious they were so we don't know if they flubbed or they couldn't line up someone to take KD place or they thought he was coming back and didn't make any backup plans.

ewing
07-05-2016, 09:33 PM

there only weakness is interior presence West is as tough as any dude in the league. its a great signing.

ewing
07-05-2016, 09:34 PM
can we send the Warriors to the Olympics?

likemystylez
07-05-2016, 09:48 PM
can we send the Warriors to the Olympics?

LOL they are pretty much playing for usa basketball this summer- but their best player is sitting out

likemystylez
07-05-2016, 09:52 PM

seriously- they are trying to avoid a disaster like what happened a few weeks ago.... and it happened 9 times during the regular season.

its gonna get to the point where anytime the warriors lose a game, its gonna be like the highlight of the other teams season. warriors will have a similar record over the next 4 or 5 yrs as the globetrotters

Chronz
07-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I honestly think the warriors won't win 70 games this year. They are going to be PHENOMENAL but they won't give 2 ***** about the regular season. You'll see a lot more players resting more than ever...

I think they were so mentally drained from the regular season then the 7 game series with the Thunder that they won't put too much effort into the regular season.

I do think they will ****ing destroy everyone in the playoffs though.

If they go that route, we could see Curry start resting 2nd halves lol. Seriously tho, come playoffs they are crushing teams. Anything less would be a failure

Chronz
07-05-2016, 09:59 PM

Lol everything you said was true. Which makes his defection MORE devastating. KD owning the type of talent than can change a teams fortune doesn't offset GS dominance without him.

Yeah I'll write that letter. I'll tell my teams best player to suffer multiple injuries so he's MASSIVELY under paid so that when the cap explodes and the pussiest of free agents will come

Chronz
07-05-2016, 10:02 PM
We sorta had the poor mans D West in Mo Speights, so it's a nice natural transition/upgrade.
Not convinced it's an upgrade. West is just willing to pay for pittance

LA_Raiders
07-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Wow, great pick to add depth. I hope they get saggy p from the lakers; they do need a SG.

TrueFan420
07-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Wow, great pick to add depth. I hope they get saggy p from the lakers; they do need a SG.

Saggy P doesn't fit what we are about as a team.

Cal827
07-05-2016, 11:24 PM
:laugh2: Oh God, now they're gonna have a top 5 bench to go along with that starting roster....

God save us all if they can convince Ray Allen out of Retirement to be a back up SG..

CHANGO
07-06-2016, 12:58 AM
ANOTHA ONE this is getting ridiculous lmao.

Scoots
07-06-2016, 01:26 AM
Curry//Livingston
Thompson//FA//Mcaaw
Durant//Iguodala//Mcaaw
Green//West//Looney
Pachulia//FA//Jones

Bench starting to look nice

Slide West to C. Add Carter as PF.

David Lee and Barbosa are next up at vet min.

Aust
07-06-2016, 01:57 AM
David West is almost 36 and he just keeps chuggin away. Thought he was in the league longer than 13 years.

Aust
07-06-2016, 02:06 AM
West also never envisioned himself as a ring hunter near the end of his career. The thought of trying to wrangle his way to a title contender just doesn't appeal to him.

"I'm not going to be one of those guys that's just out here chasing that. I'm not going to be one those guys out here sacrificing who I am, the things that make me me, to go out and get a material goal. That's just not the way I'm wired," West declared. "So, I understand we're not in that space anymore in terms of this group, but that's fine. It's just a reality you have to deal with, but you got to accept it and face it in order to get yourself moving and producing positively."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2014/09/30/indiana-pacers-david-west-sees-reality/16506641/

2014. lol, he's got something in common with his new teammate. Oh man, this is funny.

lol, please
07-06-2016, 05:49 AM
David West is a coward and his legacy is ruined

:laugh:

nycericanguy
07-06-2016, 09:07 AM
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2014/09/30/indiana-pacers-david-west-sees-reality/16506641/

2014. lol, he's got something in common with his new teammate. Oh man, this is funny.

u cant make this stuff up...lol

Chronz
07-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Guys who cant space you out nor defend the rim are antiquated and hes not an elite athlete so I see him slowing them down.

He was awesome for yall but its one thing to play alongside 7 footers in a defensive oriented-slow down, post up system the Spurs/Pacers relied but in GS whos gonna be his big man partner?

If its not Draymond, hes gonna get exposed. And how are they gonna find minutes to pair DG with him if hes likely to be his backup and Zaza should be starting. Is he the first bigman off the bench, is he gonna play like 12MPG in situational sets.

Majority of DG's minutes came alongside a natural center in Bogut, if needed they would end teams with the death lineup where he plays Center alongside 4 perimeter players. His least successful lineups were still great but for whatever reason Ezeli and him weren't as effective as the Dubs had hoped(FE suffered some injuries). If he takes up those Festis minutes, thats still not much time. If he replaces the small ball minutes, thats actually good news for the rest of the league IMO.

So while hes great, the fit is awkward and Im hoping he declines somewhat. Its a great signing because they absolutely need the depth and hes been very productive, I just think hes gonna be forced to play more C than he ever has or hes going to reduce GS small ball lineups. His best role is honestly to be the first big off the bench and play majority of his minutes with DG, even if it means playing like 12MPG.

Iggy is gonna rest, they want Curry to rest and I doubt they want KD playing much at the 4 if they want to preserve him, it was an easy decision to ride a youngster like Barnes at the 4, I think his greatest strength was being a minutes sponge, Im starting to think the Dubs will gladly sacrifice a few wins playing West if it means him absorbing some of the bigman minutes away from their star vets. Hopefully they top 68 wins sleep walking through the league or Im out another hunnid.

Chronz
07-06-2016, 11:46 AM

Yeah, hopefully future generations realize to stop taking athletes at their word and putting guys on a pedestal for "loyalty".

Vee-Rex
07-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Yeah, hopefully future generations realize to stop taking athletes at their word and putting guys on a pedestal for "loyalty".

His comments in 2014 were hilarious considering the moves he made in 2015 and this year. Ring-chasing at its finest.

Still, great pickup for GS. Their front office is making all the right moves so far.

Scoots
07-06-2016, 12:07 PM
After Curry, Thompson, Durant, Iguodala, Green, Livingston, Pachulia there are around 30 minutes left for the rest of the bench with none of those guys playing any kind of stressful number of minutes.

West can get a regular 10 minutes where he and Livingston are doing post scoring with a couple shooters on the floor and the pace slows way down.

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Keep in mind Warriors don't have many options. You know you're desperate when you have to inquire with a Ray Allen who has been retired for two seasons and is 40 years old. I'm sure they'll pick up a few key veteran guys for practically nothing.

Chronz
07-06-2016, 01:19 PM
After Curry, Thompson, Durant, Iguodala, Green, Livingston, Pachulia there are around 30 minutes left for the rest of the bench with none of those guys playing any kind of stressful number of minutes.

West can get a regular 10 minutes where he and Livingston are doing post scoring with a couple shooters on the floor and the pace slows way down.

With this much fire power, Kerr should really stagger everyones minutes early. Its really interesting because its an embarrassment of riches and I see no reason to ever run a lineup without at least 1 or 2 All-NBA caliber players on the floor at all times.

Donavan took his time to realize it was best for the team to have RWB and KD play apart for significant stretches. Similar phenomena happened with Kyrie and Bron.

With this squad, its going to be nuts.

Chronz
07-06-2016, 01:31 PM
I think you have to take Curry out at the 5-6 minute mark, bring him back in to close the final 8 minutes or so of the 2nd quarter. That comes out to about 28-29 MPG if you keep it up.

They have no backup SG so I still think Klay sees his regular minutes if not more.

The question becomes what do you do with Iggy and West. Do you play the death lineup or a more traditional lineup? When does Zaza come out? How do you rest/stagger so many stars AND play the death lineup with none of them coming off the bench?

Its going to be great theater unless it proves so dominant that the games simply get too boring to hold my attention.

TrueFan420
07-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Our backup SG is Livingston at times he plays PG and defends the SG and curry goes off ball by defends the PG. Iggy can also play some minutes there. Then we have a rookie we drafted by the name of Mccaw. But I'm sure we will look to add another SG.

Scoots
07-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Barbosa is probably going to come back just before the season.

Iguodala and McCaw can play some SG too.

Ray Allen can shoot in big games ... that's not the easiest skill to find ... still a questionable move.

FlashBolt
07-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Barbosa is probably going to come back just before the season.

Iguodala and McCaw can play some SG too.

Ray Allen can shoot in big games ... that's not the easiest skill to find ... still a questionable move.

And will be a huge liability defensively.. not something Warriors can risk. They are way too potent offensively as it is.

Chronz
07-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Our backup SG is Livingston at times he plays PG and defends the SG and curry goes off ball by defends the PG. Iggy can also play some minutes there. Then we have a rookie we drafted by the name of Mccaw. But I'm sure we will look to add another SG.

Yeah and that worked when yall had Leandro and before the Dubs decided they wanted to ease Curry's/Iggy's already limited minutes. They need some minutes sponges bad if they want to have all that. Im leaning towards them playing more conventional with West and another FA C.

tredigs
07-06-2016, 02:41 PM

With how much reporting there is now and how easy insta-reactions from the players are via twitter, etc, there's just no end to the "whoops" hypocritical comments. The laundry list of guys saying they would never leave who proceeded to leave 2 months later is approximately 143 pages long in pro sports. "Loyalty" is few and far between in business, and that clearly extends to players and GM's alike.

TrueFan420
07-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Yeah and that worked when yall had Leandro and before the Dubs decided they wanted to ease Curry's/Iggy's already limited minutes. They need some minutes sponges bad if they want to have all that. Im leaning towards them playing more conventional with West and another FA C.
McCaw the rookie will see time. Kerr likes rotating the roster and McCaw will see minutes. We will also most likely pick up another SG. Leandro could still come back as well. I doubt we change how we play. West will see minutes mostly at the 5 but will play some 4 just like Speights did last year.

Scoots
07-06-2016, 05:51 PM

That's what I think too ... 5 minutes each half with Livingston/West along with one of the shooters and whoever to round out the floor against opponents backups. Slow it down and go half court.

sf-fanatic
07-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Last year, David West was considered noble and selfless for declining his option and joining up with the Spurs (for significantly less money) and got no criticism. One year later, he does the same thing for the Warriors and now guys are picking apart things he said years ago to criticize him and hes all of a sudden desperate (as if he wasnt last year). I can't say I hate being the villains of the nba. Never would I have thought that the Warriors would be the team to hate in the NBA after all the years of losing. Went from the likeable losers to the villains as fast as any team.

Everyone criticizing him, I'm sure all of us have changed our minds before and done something different that we said we would never do. But the cameras, just aren't following us around 24/7.

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2016, 07:49 PM
The NBA has turned into a joke, no one has any pride anymore

COOLbeans
07-06-2016, 09:25 PM
People in here are salty lol

hamburger
07-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Last year, David West was considered noble and selfless for declining his option and joining up with the Spurs (for significantly less money) and got no criticism. One year later, he does the same thing for the Warriors and now guys are picking apart things he said years ago to criticize him and hes all of a sudden desperate (as if he wasnt last year). I can't say I hate being the villains of the nba. Never would I have thought that the Warriors would be the team to hate in the NBA after all the years of losing. Went from the likeable losers to the villains as fast as any team.

Everyone criticizing him, I'm sure all of us have changed our minds before and done something different that we said we would never do. But the cameras, just aren't following us around 24/7.

Exactly. At least Don Nelson is nowhere near this team so we should be safe! (speaking to the last great team we almost had going in the 1990's)

The team itself has a great culture, only reason for a villain role I can see is Green kicking a guy in the nuts. Some of the "old school" x-players have been hating, guys like Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller etc. Barkley is a major hypocrite, read a self righteous article from him today crap talking Durant for joining an already good team in order to chase a championship. Charles said this and that (all negative) but he did the exact same thing when he went to the Rockets. A lot of the crap flows downhill from x players to announcers to fans. A lot of people are like parrots. Rinse repeat. Then with social media everyone wants to have loud opinions that grab attention.

I'm going to enjoy some of the "haters". Will ignore most of it and just be happy that we won't be in the middle of a decades long SUCK fest.

Monta is beast
07-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Dedmon and the Warriors are in contract negotations (rim protecting center) and word is David Lee will emd up back in GS. Im on the fence about Ray Allen.

hamburger
07-06-2016, 11:24 PM
The NBA has turned into a joke, no one has any pride anymore

Kevin Durant has no pride because he wasn't happy in OKC and exercised his rights as a free man to join a team he wanted to join. OK. Part of that decision, as Durant expressed over the last couple years, was his desire for OKC to somewhat play like the Warriors, as in, pass the ball around a lot more. Too much ISO ball with Westbrook. I'm also going to assume too much attitude with Westbrook as well. Durant has been friends with Warriors players for a while and wants to play here for three reasons in no specific order:

1. Team chemistry/culture
2. Kerr's coaching style (ending up with the Warriors leading the NBA in assists)
3. A STRONG chance to win a title and perhaps even make some history long term

We all have one life. I suggest you do what you want with it as well, else you be accused of lacking pride. Durant is among friends and I've never seen a team have as much genuine fun with each other as the Warriors.

I'll add a fourth reason, Durant was probably tired of being the best man on the team being double and triple teamed non stop with nothing but contested shots day in day out. That's part of the reason Curry wants Durant around as well. Defenses will have to play an honest game now. Can't bully one guy around. Can't try to get one guy fouled out. Can't hack at one guy like Jason Voorhees. The entire team is going to be better. I've seen Curry literally tossed across the court, triple teamed, defended by 2 and 3 people well beyond the 3-point line with hardly an inch to move and it has to be frustrating.

The target has moved. The goal posts have moved. The NBA has moved. Get use to it.

On the flip side, every single game the Warriors play, whoever they play they will bring their A game. I don't care of it's the Cavs or Magic. Warriors will have a target on their heads every single game. I don't think they'll beat the all time win record they set this year. Warriors will probably have less wins in the 2016/2017 season. Durant is going to help them in the playoffs and if they make the finals. The Warriors lived and died with the 3 point shot. If Klay/Curry were off when we play great teams we'd lose unless the bench could have a great night. We lacked an inside game.

In all honesty I think the Warriors would have been fine without Durant, if they would've picked up a really good center to help rebound, block and score in the paint. But I'll take Durant 10 days a week. It's still no guaranteed title. And hey, you can have your fun rooting against the "prideless" Warriors. Or are you just talking about Durant? Either way, it has all been done before.

lol, please
07-07-2016, 12:50 AM
Dedmon and the Warriors are in contract negotations (rim protecting center) and word is David Lee will emd up back in GS. Im on the fence about Ray Allen.

Didn't think this team could get better. Forget Ray Allen, bring in Dedmon and Lee again.

sf-fanatic
07-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Exactly. At least Don Nelson is nowhere near this team so we should be safe! (speaking to the last great team we almost had going in the 1990's)

The team itself has a great culture, only reason for a villain role I can see is Green kicking a guy in the nuts. Some of the "old school" x-players have been hating, guys like Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller etc. Barkley is a major hypocrite, read a self righteous article from him today crap talking Durant for joining an already good team in order to chase a championship. Charles said this and that (all negative) but he did the exact same thing when he went to the Rockets. A lot of the crap flows downhill from x players to announcers to fans. A lot of people are like parrots. Rinse repeat. Then with social media everyone wants to have loud opinions that grab attention.

I'm going to enjoy some of the "haters". Will ignore most of it and just be happy that we won't be in the middle of a decades long SUCK fest.

Barkley is a warriors hater and a hypocrite and Reggie Miller is trying to make it seem like being loyal and ringless is better than having a "tarnished legacy as a coward" if people even care about that 20 years from now IF Durant has multiple rings.

sf-fanatic
07-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Just embrace the hate and absorb the historical moment Warrior fans. Don't let anyone ruin it for us. This is arguably the biggest FA signing in Bay Sports history (only comparable are Bonds and Sanders), where we often strikeout on the major FA signings. All fans of super teams had to deal with the backlash. Warriors will be hated until the next super team forms. When we lose regular season games, it's gonna be fun reading the message boards, and I think we win fewer than 70 games next year.

lol, please
07-07-2016, 01:45 AM
Just embrace the hate and absorb the historical moment Warrior fans. Don't let anyone ruin it for us. This is arguably the biggest FA signing in Bay Sports history (only comparable are Bonds and Sanders), where we often strikeout on the major FA signings. All fans of super teams had to deal with the backlash. Warriors will be hated until the next super team forms. When we lose regular season games, it's gonna be fun reading the message boards, and I think we win fewer than 70 games next year.

Good points.

:clap:

Monta is beast
07-07-2016, 02:13 AM
I was listening to sports radio earlier and they made some good points.

When the Warriors go small KD and Dray will be the rim protectors. KD defense is underated and in the wcf he was a force at the rim on defense. Especialy with ron adams (who hes close with) that small ball lineup should be better offensively and defensively

They were also talking about KD ability to bring the ball up the court in transition something HB rarely did. KD averages almost 9 boards a game, hes gonna bring the ball up allot and in transition hes gonna have curry on one side and thompson on the other. If it draymond bringing it up hes gonna have 3 deadly shooters to choose from.

This team is gonna be cray cray

likemystylez
07-07-2016, 09:02 AM
I think bob myers should be the hands down executive of the year. In a market where it seems like virtually everybody is being overpaid on potential. In many cases its just ridiculous (even taking into consideration the cap rise).

but not even taking the durant signing into consideration, the rotation players that he has been able to sign for very reasonable numbers has been amazing considering what other teams. David west, zaza, and possibly david lee for a a total of 5-6 million a yr total. Im interested to see what they will do to add another guard, but bob myers is not overpaying guys and I think thats a bigger reason for the imbalance than signing durant

tredigs
07-07-2016, 09:27 AM
I think bob myers should be the hands down executive of the year. In a market where it seems like virtually everybody is being overpaid on potential. In many cases its just ridiculous (even taking into consideration the cap rise).

but not even taking the durant signing into consideration, the rotation players that he has been able to sign for very reasonable numbers has been amazing considering what other teams. David west, zaza, and possibly david lee for a a total of 5-6 million a yr total. Im interested to see what they will do to add another guard, but bob myers is not overpaying guys and I think thats a bigger reason for the imbalance than signing durant

Year? Just give him it for the decade.

PhillyFaninLA
07-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Anyone else waiting to see how these guys all play together before anointing them the greatest team in the history of anything ever

This looks amazing on paper, let's see it on the court.

kdspurman
07-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Anyone else waiting to see how these guys all play together before anointing them the greatest team in the history of anything ever

This looks amazing on paper, let's see it on the court.

This is always my attitude whenever a super team is formed. I mean similar stuff was said last year and they came up just short.

Not to mention the whole injury thing and what not. I'm all about wait and see

JAZZNC
07-07-2016, 11:32 AM

That's hilarious to congratulate a guy for "signing" the guys to team friendly contracts. Do you think he gets these rig chasers to play for peanuts if the team wasn't the ****? Not a chance. These old washed up vets have and always will play for nothing for a super team. Its been happening for like 2 decades. When all you have to do is say "Want a ring and no money?" is it really that big of an accomplishment? Not hating, just pointing out that the Warriors have been very fortunate especially with Curry having injuries early that caused him to be criminally underpaid and that those injuries haven't resurfaced. Its really been the perfect storm for them. But it always takes a little luck to get to the top.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 11:44 AM
This is always my attitude whenever a super team is formed. I mean similar stuff was said last year and they came up just short.

The difference is that this team is already formed. The core is already beyond cohesive, it's just a matter of how KD will integrate into being a version of Super-Barnes as a scorer, and what facets of his game (getting to the line, ISO ability, playmaking etc) they want to emphasize the most. It's not as tough of a learning curve as it was for a team like Miami where the whole core had never played on a team together, for example. There are still issues they'll have to figure out (ego ones primarily), and they're still susceptible inside (we see you Spurs), but there's essentially no scenario where this is not at the very least a top offense in NBA history from day 1.

Injury? Yes, that exists for them and every other team as a possible ruiner. Trust me, it goes without saying.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 11:52 AM
That's hilarious to congratulate a guy for "signing" the guys to team friendly contracts. Do you think he gets these rig chasers to play for peanuts if the team wasn't the ****? Not a chance. These old washed up vets have and always will play for nothing for a super team. Its been happening for like 2 decades. When all you have to do is say "Want a ring and no money?" is it really that big of an accomplishment? Not hating, just pointing out that the Warriors have been very fortunate especially with Curry having injuries early that caused him to be criminally underpaid and that those injuries haven't resurfaced. Its really been the perfect storm for them. But it always takes a little luck to get to the top.

All true (their luck has been high), but Myers does deserve credit as a guy who is by all accounts extremely well respected in the NBA circle (helps facilitate trades believe it or not) and frankly extremely smart in his decision making. KD signing aside, his Win/Loss ratio be it trades, non-trades and draft picks is absurd. Also, a really likable guy from what I've read about him and whenever he's on radio or podcasts. R.C. Buford is the model for them all, but Myers is tier 1 when it comes to GM's. And yeah obviously he's going to get another "Executive of the Year" Award for this one.

JAZZNC
07-07-2016, 12:59 PM
All true (their luck has been high), but Myers does deserve credit as a guy who is by all accounts extremely well respected in the NBA circle (helps facilitate trades believe it or not) and frankly extremely smart in his decision making. KD signing aside, his Win/Loss ratio be it trades, non-trades and draft picks is absurd. Also, a really likable guy from what I've read about him and whenever he's on radio or podcasts. R.C. Buford is the model for them all, but Myers is tier 1 when it comes to GM's. And yeah obviously he's going to get another "Executive of the Year" Award for this one.

Yeah, he is certainly a very solid GM. I just think that he has had some extremely good fortune even in the draft (teams ahead of GS making some really dumb picks) but capitalizing on others mistakes isnt a knock on him, just fortunate to be in the position to draft a Curry etc. They have had some very good fortune and they have maximized their opportunities. I just found it funny that somebody said he should get exec of the year for signing guys to vet min contracts when I could have done the same thing if I was in his shoes. I wasn't genius, its just what happens given the circumstances if that makes sense?

Chronz
07-07-2016, 01:34 PM

Its more about the overall teams talent level. Tho I do agree, nobody should really care where a D-West signs, I think people are just piling on cuz of his interview or whatever.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Yeah, he is certainly a very solid GM. I just think that he has had some extremely good fortune even in the draft (teams ahead of GS making some really dumb picks) but capitalizing on others mistakes isnt a knock on him, just fortunate to be in the position to draft a Curry etc. They have had some very good fortune and they have maximized their opportunities. I just found it funny that somebody said he should get exec of the year for signing guys to vet min contracts when I could have done the same thing if I was in his shoes. I wasn't genius, its just what happens given the circumstances if that makes sense?

Clearly the signings are circumstantial (and I think you're right to call out Stylez on them given the way he posed his comment), it's all a process though. He's worked hard and made consistently fantastic decisions all throughout his tenure in Oakland. Be it by draft, trade or free agency. After >2 decades of watching (from afar and inside Oracle) this organization suffer from inept management that in turn delivered inept personnel (via trade, free agency, etc), I've got to say it's a huge treat to have a person of his caliber on board.

valade16
07-07-2016, 01:36 PM

Similar stuff was said last year? I don't even think GS was the favorite to win the title preseason. People only said that after they saw GS get off to that historic run. That isn't hyping someone, that is changing your expectations based on observation.

You can wait and see, but this team is going to be absurdly good.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Similar stuff was said last year? I don't even think GS was the favorite to win the title preseason. People only said that after they saw GS get off to that historic run. That isn't hyping someone, that is changing your expectations based on observation.

Yeah, this is true. They were nowhere close to favorites 2 years ago when they actually won, and they weren't favorites in the preseason last year after they did win. Not even to come out of the West (Spurs were).

This year, it's a different story with KD (both with OKC out of the running and GS that much more stacked due to him and the ring-chasers signing on a budget). They are and should be heavy favorites.

Chronz
07-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Barkley is a warriors hater and a hypocrite and Reggie Miller is trying to make it seem like being loyal and ringless is better than having a "tarnished legacy as a coward" if people even care about that 20 years from now IF Durant has multiple rings.

Miller is an idiot and I dont see how Barkley is a hypocrite, I think both just recognize how different this is. Then again, they could just be hating for TV time.

Either way, I can make their argument for them far better than they ever could. It is possible to have a greater legacy without the ring than someone with it.

Take Elgin Baylor for example, hes ringless but many have him ahead of Hondo and Pippen. Look at Elvin Hayes, his ring doesn't mean hes automatically better than guys like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone. Ray Allen has rings, some hold Reggie in higher regard still. Its all about context, the context behind KD's move is what makes him such a coward.

kdspurman
07-07-2016, 02:17 PM

Fair enough re: them being the favorites (thought they were though)

It's not so much about hyping them up, I get that part. I just would like to wait and see before labeling them some of the things people are labeling them with. I get it on paper how good they should be, but let them play a little first. (the post I replied to was re: letting them play before anointing them the greatest team in history)

tredigs
07-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Miller is an idiot and I dont see how Barkley is a hypocrite, I think both just recognize how different this is. Then again, they could just be hating for TV time.

Either way, I can make their argument for them far better than they ever could. It is possible to have a greater legacy without the ring than someone with it.

Take Elgin Baylor for example, hes ringless but many have him ahead of Hondo and Pippen. Look at Elvin Hayes, his ring doesn't mean hes automatically better than guys like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone. Ray Allen has rings, some hold Reggie in higher regard still. Its all about context, the context behind KD's move is what makes him such a coward.
I think this mantra of "coward" is just somewhat harsh, shortsighted and frankly ignorant. I'll respond to you on it because I respect you in general. If you had a chance to live in an area you desire (especially with the absurdity that will be Chase Arena in SF on the horizon) and play with players you like while getting paid both on the court and potentially more via the endorsements of being a star in a major market, it's something you'd have to consider. Beyond that, he was given the opportunity to be a 1A of what he knows has the potential to become the greatest basketball team in NBA history.

The cap, their contracts, and the Warriors+OKC falling short this season created a confluence of events that hit KD and the Dubs at the perfect time. It is what it is man. He's not maxing out on "admiration" (hint: this is not something valued in our culture in this time), but I don't see him as being a coward at all. I see him as trying to create the most epic life possible. Can't hate.

It was a weak move. What else needs to be said? He knew going there would destroy competition and turn things uneven. He chose it because he wants to win win win. Good for him. He now has to accept that he ran away and took the easy route because at the end of the day, it was the easy route.
I've already commented on this. It's weak from an opposing fans perspective. But, it's likely a strong decision as far as his life is concerned. And ultimately, a person does not care what "you" think.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 02:44 PM
I think this mantra of "coward" is just somewhat harsh, shortsighted and frankly ignorant. I'll respond to you on it because I respect you in general. If you had a chance to live in an area you desire (especially with the absurdity that will be Chase Arena in SF on the horizon) and play with players you like while getting paid both on the court and potentially more via the endorsements of being a star in a major market, it's something you'd have to consider. Beyond that, he was given the opportunity to be a 1A of what he knows has the potential to become the greatest basketball team in NBA history.

The cap, their contracts, and the Warriors+OKC falling short this season created a confluence of events that hit KD and the Dubs at the perfect time. It is what it is man. I don't see him as being a coward. I see him as trying to create the most epic life possible. Can't hate.

It was a weak move. What else needs to be said? He knew going there would destroy competition and turn things uneven. He chose it because he wants to win win win. Good for him. He now has to accept that he ran away and took the easy route because at the end of the day, it was the easy route.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Fair enough re: them being the favorites (thought they were though)

It's not so much about hyping them up, I get that part. I just would like to wait and see before labeling them some of the things people are labeling them with. I get it on paper how good they should be, but let them play a little first. (the post I replied to was re: letting them play before anointing them the greatest team in history)

A) They were not the favorites. Cavs and Spurs were. Trust me on this.

B) Nothing is guaranteed. Even if they stay 100%, it's no lock. Wilt/Baylor/West lost. So did Shaq/Kobe/Malone. So did peak LBJ/Wade/Bosh. Foolish to think this is some season that the Warriors have won. This will be a battle, as every year is.

Chronz
07-07-2016, 02:53 PM

The cap, their contracts, and the Warriors+OKC falling short this season created a confluence of events that hit KD and the Dubs at the perfect time. It is what it is man. He's not maxing out on "admiration" (hint: this is not something valued in our culture in this time), but I don't see him as being a coward at all. I see him as trying to create the most epic life possible. Can't hate.

Save for him joining Bron, he would've been 1A anywhere. I honestly wouldn't have joined them, I would look at what they have done and had enough self respect to want to blaze my own trail. Theres a level where you can find a situation that provides an upgrade to the team you're leaving (either in terms of teammates and/or competition in conference) where you dont just hop onto a record breaking team.

Lots of teams fell short, the Dubs were the one team that fell shortest, they broke history and won a chip for a reason. I get it, hes technically hes putting you guys over the top (though you and I both know GS may have very well been the best team) but hes providing his 7ft frame when you guys basically needed an inch to win.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 02:54 PM
A) They were not the favorites. Cavs and Spurs were. Trust me on this.

B) Nothing is guaranteed. Even if they stay 100%, it's no lock. Wilt/Baylor/West lost. So did Shaq/Kobe/Malone. So did peak LBJ/Wade/Bosh. Foolish to think this is some season that the Warriors have won. This will be a battle, as every year is.

And again.. how many overwhelming favorites have lost? Who ever said they were 100% going to win? This past NBA Finals proved they can be beaten. But a punchers chance is what most teams will have to depend on.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Save for him joining Bron, he would've been 1A anywhere. I honestly wouldn't have joined them, I would look at what they have done and had enough self respect to want to blaze my own trail. Theres a level where you can find a situation that provides an upgrade to the team you're leaving (either in terms of teammates and/or competition in conference) where you dont just hop onto a record breaking team.

Lots of teams fell short, the Dubs were the one team that fell shortest, they broke history and won a chip for a reason. I get it, hes technically hes putting you guys over the top (though you and I both know GS may have very well been the best team) but hes providing his 7ft frame when you guys basically needed an inch to win.
I just can't get past the idea that he's thinking (or being persuaded) beyond basketball itself.

Last line was dope tho'.

Chronz
07-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Come Finals (When we have the most information) when was the last time Vegas got the Finals right anyways? Was it the year GS beat the Loveless Cavs? I remember them getting Miami wrong, OKC wrong, cant remember the Spurs-Heat series.

likemystylez
07-07-2016, 03:20 PM

just like flopping, doing hack a shaq up until last 2 minutes, telling the ref it wasn't out of bounds off your team when you didn't even see it.... yet 98% of players have blatantly done these things.... but sure lets get on Durant even though his "weak" move was the only one legal of the ones I listed.... cuz its trendy

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:21 PM
just like flopping, doing hack a shaq up until last 2 minutes, telling the ref it wasn't out of bounds off your team when you didn't even see it.... yet 98% of players have blatantly done these things.... but sure lets get on Durant even though his "weak" move was the only one legal of the ones I listed.... cuz its trendy

Why do you act like there isn't a HUGE difference.... are you that oblivious to not see that?

likemystylez
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Why do you act like there isn't a HUGE difference.... are you that oblivious to not see that?

same reason people act like its so ridiculous for competitive atheltes to do whatever is possible to put themselves in the best position to win

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 03:26 PM
same reason people act like its so ridiculous for competitive atheltes to do whatever is possible to put themselves in the best position to win

Thanks for answering your own question or statement?

Scoots
07-07-2016, 04:32 PM
KD is a student of the game, he talks to the old vets. He knows the great players from the past have lifelong regrets when they don't get a ring. Him taking his shot on one of the better chances in the NBA makes sense.

To hear some say it, had he signed for a vet min deal on the Cavs people would have less of a problem with it.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Thanks for answering your own question or statement?

Are you sure your feelings were not hurt by this?

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Are you sure your feelings were not hurt by this?

Almost as hurt if I were a Warriors fan watching us lose to an inferior team when we were up 3-1.

tredigs
07-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Almost as hurt if I were a Warriors fan watching us lose to an inferior team when we were up 3-1.

A valiant attempt, but Warriors fans can't really be touched right now. We consider this last season a learning curve en route to the greatest dynasty in NBA history.

KeyNote: Do not act foolish, and you will win every championship in sight.

Chronz
07-07-2016, 06:56 PM
KD is a student of the game, he talks to the old vets. He knows the great players from the past have lifelong regrets when they don't get a ring. Him taking his shot on one of the better chances in the NBA makes sense.

To hear some say it, had he signed for a vet min deal on the Cavs people would have less of a problem with it.

there actually a thread on it pre-FA

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?910452-Kevin-Durant-should-go-to-the-Cavs/page5

I especially dug the last post.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 08:41 PM

Okay, well it took me about an hour to get over that ... so you should be done by now.

Scoots
07-07-2016, 08:43 PM
there actually a thread on it pre-FA

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?910452-Kevin-Durant-should-go-to-the-Cavs/page5

I especially dug the last post.

LOL. The real issue with him going to the Cavs to me is fit and LeBron.

Monta is beast
07-07-2016, 08:48 PM
The way i look at last season is like this. We could/should have won the championship and would have capped off the greatest season ever, but we didnt. But losing basically got us Durant which in turn will probably end up netting us more championships in total compared to if we had won last season

Scoots
07-07-2016, 09:33 PM
The way i look at last season is like this. We could/should have won the championship and would have capped off the greatest season ever, but we didnt. But losing basically got us Durant which in turn will probably end up netting us more championships in total compared to if we had won last season

We said all year "if they stay healthy" ... well they were down 1 starter, and Curry missed 2 weeks of the post-season. Not taking anything away from the Cavs beating the Warriors ... but the Warriors overcame some stuff to get 1 game from the title.

Trading HB for KD is certainly a nice consolation prize.

lol, please
07-07-2016, 10:05 PM

:clap:

Monta is beast
07-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Im still salty af that we lost i know we had a better team than cle last year they just caight us at the right time..cant take anything away from them cause it was similiar circumstamces in 2015 but imo we should have won both